Bible topics to debat...

BibleTruthHQ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 4:02:29 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Calling out to all Christians [Catholics]:

What kind of Bible topics do yall like to/want to debate?
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 4:05:34 PM
At 12/11/2015 4:02:29 PM, BibleTruthHQ wrote:

A good topic to debate would be "Is salvation for everyone?"
BibleTruthHQ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 10:32:18 PM
At 12/11/2015 4:05:34 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:

That is an excellent topic, but lets see which Christian would be up for the challenge.
lifeforce
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 11:03:37 PM
At 12/11/2015 10:32:18 PM, BibleTruthHQ wrote:

That is an excellent topic, but lets see which Christian would be up for the challenge. : :
Titus 2:11
11: For the grace of God has appeared for the salvation of all men,

I Timothy 4:10
10: For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe.

John 12: 47
47: If any one hears my sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.

Isaiah 43
1: But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.
2: When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.

Isaiah 45:
20: "Assemble yourselves and come, draw near together, you survivors of the nations! They have no knowledge who carry about their wooden idols, and keep on praying to a god that cannot save.
21: Declare and present your case; let them take counsel together! Who told this long ago? Who declared it of old? Was it not I, the LORD? And there is no other god besides me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none besides me.
22: "Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other.
23: By myself I have sworn, from my mouth has gone forth in righteousness a word that shall not return: `To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.'
24: "Only in the LORD, it shall be said of me, are righteousness and strength; to him shall come and be ashamed, all who were incensed against him.
25: In the LORD all the offspring of Israel shall triumph and glory."

Isaiah 25: 6-9
6: On this mountain the LORD of hosts will make for all peoples a feast of fat things, a feast of wine on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wine on the lees well refined.
7: And he will destroy on this mountain the covering that is cast over all peoples, the veil that is spread over all nations.
8: He will swallow up death for ever, and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from all faces, and the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth; for the LORD has spoken.
9: It will be said on that day, "Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, that he might save us. This is the LORD; we have waited for him; let us be glad and rejoice in his salvation."

Micah 4:
6: In that day, says the LORD, I will assemble the lame and gather those who have been driven away, and those whom I have afflicted;

Psalms 22: 27-29
27: All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the LORD; and all the families of the nations shall worship before him.
BibleTruthHQ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 11:54:12 PM
At 12/11/2015 11:03:37 PM, lifeforce wrote:

That is an excellent topic, but lets see which Christian would be up for the challenge. : :

10: For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe.

47: If any one hears my sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.

Isaiah 43
1: But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.
2: When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.

Isaiah 45:
20: "Assemble yourselves and come, draw near together, you survivors of the nations! They have no knowledge who carry about their wooden idols, and keep on praying to a god that cannot save.
21: Declare and present your case; let them take counsel together! Who told this long ago? Who declared it of old? Was it not I, the LORD? And there is no other god besides me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none besides me.
22: "Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other.
23: By myself I have sworn, from my mouth has gone forth in righteousness a word that shall not return: `To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.'
24: "Only in the LORD, it shall be said of me, are righteousness and strength; to him shall come and be ashamed, all who were incensed against him.

6: On this mountain the LORD of hosts will make for all peoples a feast of fat things, a feast of wine on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wine on the lees well refined.
7: And he will destroy on this mountain the covering that is cast over all peoples, the veil that is spread over all nations.
8: He will swallow up death for ever, and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from all faces, and the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth; for the LORD has spoken.
9: It will be said on that day, "Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, that he might save us. This is the LORD; we have waited for him; let us be glad and rejoice in his salvation."

Micah 4:
6: In that day, says the LORD, I will assemble the lame and gather those who have been driven away, and those whom I have afflicted;

27: All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the LORD; and all the families of the nations shall worship before him.

Would you like to debate this topic? If so, it would have to be in a few days, as I have projects I must first complete.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 11:57:12 PM

I assume Satan shall not recieve salvation seeing God's prophecy in Revolation states he winds up in hell eternally.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 11:58:42 PM

I don't believe salvation is for everyone. I don't think snakes, gerbals, hogs, or parsitic worms can recieve salvation.
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 11:58:49 PM
At 12/11/2015 11:57:12 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:

I assume Satan shall not recieve salvation seeing God's prophecy in Revolation states he winds up in hell eternally.

What and where is hell according to Scripture? Who and where is Satan according to Scripture?
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 12:00:48 AM
At 12/11/2015 11:58:49 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:

What and where is hell according to Scripture? Who and where is Satan according to Scripture?

I stereotype Satan in a dark room rocking back and forth wearing tights, having a long pitchfork and the stereotypical pointy tail.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 12:04:46 AM
s Hell a real place? If Hell is real, how can a loving God send people there? Is there escape from Hell even for people who have committed unconscionable crimes? These are all questions that can be answered in the Bible. Hell is not only described as a literal place, but the concept of Hell " eternal separation from God " is also explained as the wages of sin (Romans 6:23). The Old Testament alludes to Hell but it is really Jesus" teaching in the New Testament that gives a clearer picture of its reality. Actually, when Jesus taught on earth He taught more about Hell than Heaven. Hell is a place that many, even some Christians, refuse to believe, however because the Bible teaches about Hell we must believe it to be real and true. Here are 21 eye opening Bible verses about Hell.

... because the Bible teaches about Hell we must believe it to be real and true.
The word Hell is translated from several different words [1]

Hebrew: sheol

Translated "pit" (3 times)
Numbers 16:33 So they and all that belonged to them went down alive into Sheol, and the earth closed over them, and they perished from the midst of the assembly.

Job 17:16 Will it go down to the bars of Sheol? Shall we descend together into the dust?"

Translated "grave" (31 times)
Genesis 37:34-35 Then Jacob tore his garments and put sackcloth on his loins and mourned for his son many days. All his sons and all his daughters rose up to comfort him, but he refused to be comforted and said, "No, I shall go down to Sheol to my son, mourning." Thus his father wept for him.

1 Samuel 2:6 The Lord kills and brings to life;"he brings down to Sheol and raises up.

Translated "Hell" (31 times)
2 Samuel 22:5-6 "For the waves of death encompassed me, the torrents of destruction assailed me;6" the cords of Sheol entangled me;"the snares of death confronted me.

Proverbs 23:13-14 Do not withhold discipline from a child; if you strike him with a rod, he will not die.14"If you strike him with the rod,"you will save his soul from Sheol.

Hebrew: Valley of Hinnom

A picture of Hell; misery and punishment
2 Chronicles 28:1-3 Ahaz was twenty years old when he began to reign, and he reigned sixteen years in Jerusalem. And he did not do what was right in the eyes of the Lord, as his father David had done, but he walked in the ways of the kings of Israel. He even made metal images for the Baals, and he made offerings in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom and burned his sons as an offering, according to the abominations of the nations whom the Lord drove out before the people of Israel.

Jeremiah 7:31 And they have built the high places of Topheth, which is in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, which I did not command, nor did it come into my mind.

Greek: hades (translated from the Hebrew sheol)

Translated "Hell" ten times and "grave" one time
1 Corinthians 15:55 (KJV) O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

Greek: tartaros

Translated "hell" meaning eternal torment"
2 Peter 2:4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to chains of gloomy darkness to be kept until the judgment;

Greek: gehenna (from the Hebrew Valley of Hinnom)

Translated "hell" meaning place of everlasting torment
Matthew 10:28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Hell is the place of torment for the lost (unsaved). Because everyone has sinned no one deserves to live with the Holy and righteous Heavenly Father (Romans 3:10; 3:23). But God is a loving Father and He offers salvation from death to all, and for those that reject the offer, God"s justice will be executed and the wage of sin will be paid in Hell.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 12:13:56 AM

Then there are those that believe when God uses the word "perish", that it means an end of their existance.

I see "hell" as seperation from God.
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 12:14:29 AM
At 12/11/2015 11:58:42 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:

I don't believe salvation is for everyone. I don't think snakes, gerbals, hogs, or parsitic worms can recieve salvation.

I didn't know animals and worms were human, but ok.
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 12:15:05 AM
At 12/12/2015 12:00:48 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:

I stereotype Satan in a dark room rocking back and forth wearing tights, having a long pitchfork and the stereotypical pointy tail.

I bet you do, that's what they teach in church lol
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 12:16:08 AM
At 12/12/2015 12:13:56 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:

Then there are those that believe when God uses the word "perish", that it means an end of their existance.

I see "hell" as seperation from God.

Lol....I said "ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURE." I didn't say according to your own personal belief or opinion.
lifeforce
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 12:24:04 AM
At 12/11/2015 11:54:12 PM, BibleTruthHQ wrote:

Isaiah 43

Isaiah 45:

Micah 4:

Would you like to debate this topic? If so, it would have to be in a few days, as I have projects I must first complete. : :

God doesn't have to debate His people. If you don't listen to His voice and obey His commandments, you will remain confused by what you observe in this world.

Deuteronomy 28
15: "But if you will not obey the voice of the Lord your God or be careful to do all his commandments which I command you this day, then all these curses shall come upon you and overtake you.
16: Cursed shall you be in the city, and cursed shall you be in the field.
17: Cursed shall be your basket and your kneading-trough.
18: cursed shall be the fruit of your body, and the fruit of your ground, the increase of your cattle, and the young of your flock.
19: Cursed shall you be when you come in, and cursed shall you be when you go out.
20: "the Lord will send upon you curses, confusion, and frustration, in all that you undertake to do, until you are destroyed and perish quickly, on account of the evil of your doings, because you have forsaken me.
21: The Lord will make the pestilence cleave to you until he has consumed you off the land which you are entering to take possession of it.
22: The Lord will smite you with consumption, and with fever, inflammation, and fiery heat, and with drought, and with blasting, and with mildew; they shall pursue you until you perish.
23: And the heavens over your head shall be brass, and the earth under you shall be iron.
24: The Lord will make the rain of your land powder and dust; from heaven it shall come down upon you until you are destroyed.
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 12:32:37 AM
At 12/12/2015 12:24:04 AM, lifeforce wrote:

Isaiah 43

Isaiah 45:

Micah 4:

Would you like to debate this topic? If so, it would have to be in a few days, as I have projects I must first complete. : :

God doesn't have to debate His people. If you don't listen to His voice and obey His commandments, you will remain confused by what you observe in this world.

Deuteronomy 28
15: "But if you will not obey the voice of the Lord your God or be careful to do all his commandments which I command you this day, then all these curses shall come upon you and overtake you.
18: cursed shall be the fruit of your body, and the fruit of your ground, the increase of your cattle, and the young of your flock.
19: Cursed shall you be when you come in, and cursed shall you be when you go out.
20: "the Lord will send upon you curses, confusion, and frustration, in all that you undertake to do, until you are destroyed and perish quickly, on account of the evil of your doings, because you have forsaken me.
21: The Lord will make the pestilence cleave to you until he has consumed you off the land which you are entering to take possession of it.
22: The Lord will smite you with consumption, and with fever, inflammation, and fiery heat, and with drought, and with blasting, and with mildew; they shall pursue you until you perish.
23: And the heavens over your head shall be brass, and the earth under you shall be iron.
24: The Lord will make the rain of your land powder and dust; from heaven it shall come down upon you until you are destroyed.

LOL...BOG, your people didn't get any laws to keep so I don't know what commandments you are keeping because if you are keeping ours, you still are not going to be saved.
BibleTruthHQ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 5:01:15 AM

Isaiah 43

Isaiah 45:

Micah 4:

Deuteronomy 28

So I'm assuming no.
lifeforce
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 5:17:59 PM
At 12/12/2015 12:32:37 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:

Isaiah 43

Isaiah 45:

Micah 4:

Deuteronomy 28

LOL...BOG, your people didn't get any laws to keep so I don't know what commandments you are keeping because if you are keeping ours, you still are not going to be saved. : :

I am the Law of God. Those who don't obey the Law will perish. Those who do will learn how they were created and how they will experience life in Paradise.
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 6:38:33 PM
At 12/12/2015 5:17:59 PM, lifeforce wrote:

Isaiah 43

Isaiah 45:

Micah 4:

Deuteronomy 28

LOL...BOG, your people didn't get any laws to keep so I don't know what commandments you are keeping because if you are keeping ours, you still are not going to be saved. : :

I am the Law of God. Those who don't obey the Law will perish. Those who do will learn how they were created and how they will experience life in Paradise.

LOL....ok....
lifeforce
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 6:52:55 PM
At 12/12/2015 6:38:33 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:

Isaiah 43

Isaiah 45:

Micah 4:

Deuteronomy 28

LOL....ok.... : :

The Law is what a chosen believer hears in the gospel we preach. You can laugh at the gospel all you want but that won't save your flesh. The gospel was only intended for the spirit of man.
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 10:11:13 PM
At 12/12/2015 6:52:55 PM, lifeforce wrote:

Isaiah 43

Isaiah 45:

Micah 4:

Deuteronomy 28

The Law is what a chosen believer hears in the gospel we preach. You can laugh at the gospel all you want but that won't save your flesh. The gospel was only intended for the spirit of man.

I'm not laughing at Scripture, I'm laughing at you because you think one is an Israelite through the spirit, but that's not scriptural, so that's what I'm laughing at :)
lifeforce
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 10:16:44 PM
At 12/12/2015 10:11:13 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 12/12/2015 6:52:55 PM, lifeforce wrote:

Isaiah 43

Isaiah 45:

Micah 4:

Deuteronomy 28

I'm not laughing at Scripture, I'm laughing at you because you think one is an Israelite through the spirit, but that's not scriptural, so that's what I'm laughing at :) : :

All the ORIGINAL scriptures came from us saints and prophets who testify to every word that our Creator puts in our mind in written or spoken form. I was the last saint to testify to His knowledge so I understand all the prophecies about the future. The prophecies about the future that is now of the past aren't prophecies anymore. Those have been fulfilled but there are many prophecies yet to be fulfilled.

Only ONE of the two witnesses have been completed in these prophetic words;

Revelation 11
3: And I will grant my two witnesses power to prophesy for one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth."
4: These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands which stand before the Lord of the earth.
5: And if any one would harm them, fire pours out from their mouth and consumes their foes; if any one would harm them, thus he is doomed to be killed.
6: They have power to shut the sky, that no rain may fall during the days of their prophesying, and the
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 6:10:07 PM
At 12/12/2015 10:16:44 PM, lifeforce wrote:
At 12/12/2015 10:11:13 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:

Isaiah 43

Isaiah 45:

Micah 4:

Deuteronomy 28

I'm not laughing at Scripture, I'm laughing at you because you think one is an Israelite through the spirit, but that's not scriptural, so that's what I'm laughing at :) : :

All the ORIGINAL scriptures came from us saints and prophets who testify to every word that our Creator puts in our mind in written or spoken form. I was the last saint to testify to His knowledge so I understand all the prophecies about the future. The prophecies about the future that is now of the past aren't prophecies anymore. Those have been fulfilled but there are many prophecies yet to be fulfilled.

Only ONE of the two witnesses have been completed in these prophetic words;

Revelation 11
3: And I will grant my two witnesses power to prophesy for one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth."
4: These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands which stand before the Lord of the earth.
5: And if any one would harm them, fire pours out from their mouth and consumes their foes; if any one would harm them, thus

Ok buddy if that's what pleases you lol.