Total Posts:42|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Christians are Stupid. Are they?

GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 6:50:13 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Some have faith no matter what. But it's not blind based on nothing.

Prophecy:

Revelation 20:4
I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God.

"ISIS beheads 21 Christians"

http://www.ijreview.com...

--

A few things the Bible says concerning the end of days and the condition of man:

2 Peter 3:4
They will say, "Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since our fathers' days, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation."

2 Peter 3:3
Knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires.

Matthew 24:6 - And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet

Matthew 24:7 - For nation shall rise against nation, and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Timothy 3:1 - 3:5
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof.

Psychiatrist says changes are evidence of society becoming 'more selfish'
It's" not just your imagination " young people really are getting ruder.

Today"s 18 to 34-year-olds are less likely to say hello to neighbours or open the door for the elderly than those aged over 55.

They are also more reluctant to give a cup of tea to builders or tip the postman at Christmas.

Proof: A study has shown that younger people are ruder, with those aged 18-34 less likely to open the door for the elderly or tip the postman at Christmas than those aged over 55
Research showed the age group were 23 per cent less likely, on average, to carry out common courtesies than over-55s.

Neighbours were ignored by nearly 35 per cent of the group compared with only 15 per cent of over-55s.

Youngsters were also 18 per cent less likely to open a door for a woman or an elderly person, 17 per cent less willing to give up their seat on public transport for a pregnant woman and 12 per cent less likely to offer it to an elderly passenger.

Selfish: Psychiatrist Dr Clive Sherlock said the changes in behaviour were evidence of society becoming more selfish and a 'lack of respect' and that technology was encouraging people to be more 'involved in themselves'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

--

Jesus hystorical?

The consensus among historians, even Atheist historians, is that Jesus did exist.

http://www.is-there-a-god.info...

http://www.strangenotions.com...

--

The Big Bang
So the very beginning of the universe remains pretty murky. Scientists think they can pick the story up at about 10 to the minus 36 seconds " one trillionth of a trillionth of a trillionth of a second " after the Big Bang.
At that point, they believe, the universe underwent an extremely brief and dramatic period of inflation, expanding faster than the speed of light. It doubled in size perhaps 100 times or more, all within the span of a few tiny fractions of a second.

http://m.space.com...

"The Biblical creation"

Genesis 1:2
The earth was formless and empty, and darkness covered the deep waters. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters.

1)Genesis 1:3
Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.

2)Genesis 1:4
And God saw that the light was good. Then he separated the light from the darkness.

Isaiah 51:13
You have forgotten the LORD, your Maker, who stretched out the heavens and laid the foundations of the earth.

--

2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.

TEMPERATURES ARE RISING ACROSS THE U.S.
Temperatures from 2001 to 2012 were warmer than any previous decade in every region of the United States.

https://m.whitehouse.gov...

--
lifeforce
Posts: 45
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 6:59:30 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 6:50:13 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Some have faith no matter what. But it's not blind based on nothing.

Prophecy:

Revelation 20:4
I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God.

"ISIS beheads 21 Christians"

http://www.ijreview.com...

--

A few things the Bible says concerning the end of days and the condition of man:

2 Peter 3:4
They will say, "Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since our fathers' days, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation."

2 Peter 3:3
Knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires.

Matthew 24:6 - And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet

Matthew 24:7 - For nation shall rise against nation, and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Timothy 3:1 - 3:5
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof.

Psychiatrist says changes are evidence of society becoming 'more selfish'
It's" not just your imagination " young people really are getting ruder.

Today"s 18 to 34-year-olds are less likely to say hello to neighbours or open the door for the elderly than those aged over 55.

They are also more reluctant to give a cup of tea to builders or tip the postman at Christmas.


Proof: A study has shown that younger people are ruder, with those aged 18-34 less likely to open the door for the elderly or tip the postman at Christmas than those aged over 55
Research showed the age group were 23 per cent less likely, on average, to carry out common courtesies than over-55s.

Neighbours were ignored by nearly 35 per cent of the group compared with only 15 per cent of over-55s.

Youngsters were also 18 per cent less likely to open a door for a woman or an elderly person, 17 per cent less willing to give up their seat on public transport for a pregnant woman and 12 per cent less likely to offer it to an elderly passenger.


Selfish: Psychiatrist Dr Clive Sherlock said the changes in behaviour were evidence of society becoming more selfish and a 'lack of respect' and that technology was encouraging people to be more 'involved in themselves'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

--

Jesus hystorical?

The consensus among historians, even Atheist historians, is that Jesus did exist.

http://www.is-there-a-god.info...

http://www.strangenotions.com...

--

The Big Bang
So the very beginning of the universe remains pretty murky. Scientists think they can pick the story up at about 10 to the minus 36 seconds " one trillionth of a trillionth of a trillionth of a second " after the Big Bang.
At that point, they believe, the universe underwent an extremely brief and dramatic period of inflation, expanding faster than the speed of light. It doubled in size perhaps 100 times or more, all within the span of a few tiny fractions of a second.

http://m.space.com...

"The Biblical creation"

Genesis 1:2
The earth was formless and empty, and darkness covered the deep waters. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters.

1)Genesis 1:3
Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.

2)Genesis 1:4
And God saw that the light was good. Then he separated the light from the darkness.

Isaiah 51:13
You have forgotten the LORD, your Maker, who stretched out the heavens and laid the foundations of the earth.

--

2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.

TEMPERATURES ARE RISING ACROSS THE U.S.
Temperatures from 2001 to 2012 were warmer than any previous decade in every region of the United States.

https://m.whitehouse.gov...

--

When the lake of fire appears, there won't be any flesh around to see it. You will have to wait until the earth has finished it's changes before you awaken with your perfect partner. Remember, God created man both male and female.

Genesis 1
26: Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth."
27: So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them

One complete created man will awaken in two bodies in Paradise. One will be a male and the other will be a female. No man has understood this since they began reading the written testimonies by God's prophets. Only the spirit of man can understand how he was created by being spoken into existence.
Pollux
Posts: 241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 7:03:00 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Many are, many aren't. How does your post show Christians to be stupid? Are you saying that Christians have lots of irrational fears based on presumptions from bible interpretation and that makes them stupid?

Please explain how your post shows that Christians are stupid.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 7:28:51 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 6:50:13 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Some have faith no matter what.

You've just answered the question most adequately, comprehensibly and as astute as any other intelligent person. Well done.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
lifeforce
Posts: 45
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 10:04:04 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 7:28:51 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/12/2015 6:50:13 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Some have faith no matter what.

You've just answered the question most adequately, comprehensibly and as astute as any other intelligent person. Well done. : :

Christians don't know the difference between faith and belief. All Christians express "belief" but none of them have the faith that Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Paul or I have.

Faith is knowing our Creator who eventually has us write and speak for Him. Belief in something can be used to keep you from knowing our Creator or what He is having us faithful saints write and speak.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 11:22:45 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 6:50:13 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Some have faith no matter what. But it's not blind based on nothing.

Prophecy:

Revelation 20:4
I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God.

"ISIS beheads 21 Christians"

http://www.ijreview.com...

ISIS beheads alot of people.

But it's interesting that you are so selective that you make any "fact" fit with a prior christian narrative.


--

A few things the Bible says concerning the end of days and the condition of man:

2 Peter 3:4
They will say, "Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since our fathers' days, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation."

2 Peter 3:3
Knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires.

Matthew 24:6 - And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet

Matthew 24:7 - For nation shall rise against nation, and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Timothy 3:1 - 3:5
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof.

Psychiatrist says changes are evidence of society becoming 'more selfish'
It's" not just your imagination " young people really are getting ruder.

Oh by the way vague statements don't count as prophecy dim wit.

Wars and rumor of wars.................seriously ?


Today"s 18 to 34-year-olds are less likely to say hello to neighbours or open the door for the elderly than those aged over 55.

They are also more reluctant to give a cup of tea to builders or tip the postman at Christmas.


Proof: A study has shown that younger people are ruder, with those aged 18-34 less likely to open the door for the elderly or tip the postman at Christmas than those aged over 55
Research showed the age group were 23 per cent less likely, on average, to carry out common courtesies than over-55s.

Neighbours were ignored by nearly 35 per cent of the group compared with only 15 per cent of over-55s.

Youngsters were also 18 per cent less likely to open a door for a woman or an elderly person, 17 per cent less willing to give up their seat on public transport for a pregnant woman and 12 per cent less likely to offer it to an elderly passenger.


Selfish: Psychiatrist Dr Clive Sherlock said the changes in behaviour were evidence of society becoming more selfish and a 'lack of respect' and that technology was encouraging people to be more 'involved in themselves'.

Young people are overall less racist and more tolerant of homosexuals then their elders.


http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

--

Jesus hystorical?

The consensus among historians, even Atheist historians, is that Jesus did exist.

http://www.is-there-a-god.info...

http://www.strangenotions.com...

--

The Big Bang
So the very beginning of the universe remains pretty murky. Scientists think they can pick the story up at about 10 to the minus 36 seconds " one trillionth of a trillionth of a trillionth of a second " after the Big Bang.
At that point, they believe, the universe underwent an extremely brief and dramatic period of inflation, expanding faster than the speed of light. It doubled in size perhaps 100 times or more, all within the span of a few tiny fractions of a second.

http://m.space.com...

"The Biblical creation"

Genesis 1:2
The earth was formless and empty, and darkness covered the deep waters. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters.

1)Genesis 1:3
Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.

2)Genesis 1:4
And God saw that the light was good. Then he separated the light from the darkness.

Isaiah 51:13
You have forgotten the LORD, your Maker, who stretched out the heavens and laid the foundations of the earth.

--

2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.

TEMPERATURES ARE RISING ACROSS THE U.S.
Temperatures from 2001 to 2012 were warmer than any previous decade in every region of the United States.

https://m.whitehouse.gov...

--
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 11:36:36 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 11:22:45 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/12/2015 6:50:13 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Some have faith no matter what. But it's not blind based on nothing.

Prophecy:

Revelation 20:4
I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God.

"ISIS beheads 21 Christians"

http://www.ijreview.com...

ISIS beheads alot of people.

But it's interesting that you are so selective that you make any "fact" fit with a prior christian narrative.


--

A few things the Bible says concerning the end of days and the condition of man:

2 Peter 3:4
They will say, "Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since our fathers' days, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation."

2 Peter 3:3
Knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires.

Matthew 24:6 - And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet

Matthew 24:7 - For nation shall rise against nation, and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Timothy 3:1 - 3:5
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof.

Psychiatrist says changes are evidence of society becoming 'more selfish'
It's" not just your imagination " young people really are getting ruder.

Oh by the way vague statements don't count as prophecy dim wit.

Wars and rumor of wars.................seriously ?


Today"s 18 to 34-year-olds are less likely to say hello to neighbours or open the door for the elderly than those aged over 55.

They are also more reluctant to give a cup of tea to builders or tip the postman at Christmas.


Proof: A study has shown that younger people are ruder, with those aged 18-34 less likely to open the door for the elderly or tip the postman at Christmas than those aged over 55
Research showed the age group were 23 per cent less likely, on average, to carry out common courtesies than over-55s.

Neighbours were ignored by nearly 35 per cent of the group compared with only 15 per cent of over-55s.

Youngsters were also 18 per cent less likely to open a door for a woman or an elderly person, 17 per cent less willing to give up their seat on public transport for a pregnant woman and 12 per cent less likely to offer it to an elderly passenger.


Selfish: Psychiatrist Dr Clive Sherlock said the changes in behaviour were evidence of society becoming more selfish and a 'lack of respect' and that technology was encouraging people to be more 'involved in themselves'.

Young people are overall less racist and more tolerant of homosexuals then their elders.



http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

--

Jesus hystorical?

The consensus among historians, even Atheist historians, is that Jesus did exist.

http://www.is-there-a-god.info...

http://www.strangenotions.com...

--

The Big Bang
So the very beginning of the universe remains pretty murky. Scientists think they can pick the story up at about 10 to the minus 36 seconds " one trillionth of a trillionth of a trillionth of a second " after the Big Bang.
At that point, they believe, the universe underwent an extremely brief and dramatic period of inflation, expanding faster than the speed of light. It doubled in size perhaps 100 times or more, all within the span of a few tiny fractions of a second.

http://m.space.com...

"The Biblical creation"

Genesis 1:2
The earth was formless and empty, and darkness covered the deep waters. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters.

1)Genesis 1:3
Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.

2)Genesis 1:4
And God saw that the light was good. Then he separated the light from the darkness.

Isaiah 51:13
You have forgotten the LORD, your Maker, who stretched out the heavens and laid the foundations of the earth.

--

2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.

TEMPERATURES ARE RISING ACROSS THE U.S.
Temperatures from 2001 to 2012 were warmer than any previous decade in every region of the United States.

https://m.whitehouse.gov...

--

ISIS beheads alot of people? Who is their maintarget?
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 11:45:15 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 11:41:19 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
"ISIS rapes, cricifies, beheads Christian missionaries"

http://aclj.org...

So your only interested when Isis kills christians ?

So what you look the other way when they will muslims ? atheists ? secularists ? Arab reformers in the middles east ? etc etc
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Pollux
Posts: 241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 11:45:45 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
I still don't see how Christians are stupid, though.

Can you explain a bi more why we should believe that Christians are stupid?
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 11:47:24 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 11:45:45 PM, Pollux wrote:
I still don't see how Christians are stupid, though.

Can you explain a bi more why we should believe that Christians are stupid?

They are not stupid. Out of the top ten recorded IQ's, 8 are theists and 6 are Christians.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 11:51:55 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 11:46:06 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
"ISIS beheads Ethiopian Christians"

http://www.cnn.com...

Why are you only posting news that has Isis killing christians ? as opposed to when they will other people ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 11:54:41 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
The Bible doesn't say the group will not behead nonchristians. But you are welcome to pursue the nonchristian beheadings.
Pollux
Posts: 241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 12:00:10 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 11:49:16 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Of top 10 IQ's, 8 are theist. 6 are Christians"

http://www.examiner.com...

Then why did you say Christians are stupid in your title?

Also, can you explain why you chose that title for this thread? It seems like the thread and its title have nothing in common.
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 12:01:40 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/13/2015 12:00:10 AM, Pollux wrote:
At 12/12/2015 11:49:16 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Of top 10 IQ's, 8 are theist. 6 are Christians"

http://www.examiner.com...

Then why did you say Christians are stupid in your title?

Also, can you explain why you chose that title for this thread? It seems like the thread and its title have nothing in common.

It's sarcasm. The title ends with "are they" meaning they are not with a sarcastic tone.
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 12:02:48 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/13/2015 12:00:10 AM, Pollux wrote:
At 12/12/2015 11:49:16 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Of top 10 IQ's, 8 are theist. 6 are Christians"

http://www.examiner.com...

Then why did you say Christians are stupid in your title?

Also, can you explain why you chose that title for this thread? It seems like the thread and its title have nothing in common.

The post is laughing at those who think Christians are "stupid" for having faith.
Pollux
Posts: 241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 12:07:51 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/13/2015 12:02:48 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/13/2015 12:00:10 AM, Pollux wrote:
At 12/12/2015 11:49:16 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Of top 10 IQ's, 8 are theist. 6 are Christians"

http://www.examiner.com...

Then why did you say Christians are stupid in your title?

Also, can you explain why you chose that title for this thread? It seems like the thread and its title have nothing in common.

The post is laughing at those who think Christians are "stupid" for having faith.

You seem confused, both in how you choose to title your threads and in what you think posts can do. Posts in a forum can't laugh, they can only be read.

Why do you suppose religious fundamentalism and poor education are correlated so closely. Why do you think most people with advanced degrees are very mild in their religious beliefs or drop belief altogether?
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 12:13:07 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 11:54:41 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
The Bible doesn't say the group will not behead nonchristians. But you are welcome to pursue the nonchristian beheadings.

You didn't actually answer my question, why are you only focusing on when Isis kills christians.

I can tell you why, cause you want this to fit and support your prior religious views about the bible once again being shown how right it is.

Yeah Isis beheads christians..............and non christians.

The problem I have with some one like you is that what you really want is "Christianity" to win, what ever version you currently subscribe too, you don't want to really see enlightenment values prevail.

How come I have never see you condemn Islam or Isis for the following..............

Blindly following a religious text
Adherence of religious dogma over evidence/reasoning
Using God as a trump card to justify what can't be justified on it's own merits
Thinking it's ok to kill some one or some group on the mere assertion that God has given the order too

I have an idea why...........
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 12:27:28 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/13/2015 12:07:51 AM, Pollux wrote:
At 12/13/2015 12:02:48 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/13/2015 12:00:10 AM, Pollux wrote:
At 12/12/2015 11:49:16 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Of top 10 IQ's, 8 are theist. 6 are Christians"

http://www.examiner.com...

Then why did you say Christians are stupid in your title?

Also, can you explain why you chose that title for this thread? It seems like the thread and its title have nothing in common.

The post is laughing at those who think Christians are "stupid" for having faith.

You seem confused, both in how you choose to title your threads and in what you think posts can do. Posts in a forum can't laugh, they can only be read.

Why do you suppose religious fundamentalism and poor education are correlated so closely. Why do you think most people with advanced degrees are very mild in their religious beliefs or drop belief altogether?

Cause of Satan, more bible, less man made education, lean not on your own understanding.

Oh the glory.................Allah Arkbar.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
lotsoffun
Posts: 1,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 2:46:45 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/12/2015 10:04:04 PM, lifeforce wrote:
At 12/12/2015 7:28:51 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/12/2015 6:50:13 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Some have faith no matter what.

You've just answered the question most adequately, comprehensibly and as astute as any other intelligent person. Well done. : :

Christians don't know the difference between faith and belief. All Christians express "belief" but none of them have the faith that Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Paul or I have.

Faith is knowing our Creator who eventually has us write and speak for Him. Belief in something can be used to keep you from knowing our Creator or what He is having us faithful saints write and speak.

If the rapture actually happens, and I'm pretty sure it won't. we will see how faithful born agains are. When they see people disappearing in front of their eyes and all hell breaks loose and they are living it rather than reading about it or watching it happen in a movie on a cold winter day, while eating popcorn and yelling from their warm couches "PRAISE JESUS!!!!!". They'll be on their knees begging God for mercy or maybe some will have faith that their imminent death - quick or slow and painful is all worth it because they're going to heaven to meet Jesus.
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2015 4:39:57 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/13/2015 12:07:51 AM, Pollux wrote:
At 12/13/2015 12:02:48 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/13/2015 12:00:10 AM, Pollux wrote:
At 12/12/2015 11:49:16 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Of top 10 IQ's, 8 are theist. 6 are Christians"

http://www.examiner.com...

Then why did you say Christians are stupid in your title?

Also, can you explain why you chose that title for this thread? It seems like the thread and its title have nothing in common.

The post is laughing at those who think Christians are "stupid" for having faith.

You seem confused, both in how you choose to title your threads and in what you think posts can do. Posts in a forum can't laugh, they can only be read.

Why do you suppose religious fundamentalism and poor education are correlated so closely. Why do you think most people with advanced degrees are very mild in their religious beliefs or drop belief altogether?

Out of the top ten IQ's on eart, 8 are theists and 6 are Christians. Does that help your point?