Jump to topic:

Religion in a hundred years time

beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 8:17:32 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
I'm wondering what people think theism will look like in a hundred years time, which religions will gain followers, which ones will loose followers, will religion become more extremist and fundamentalist or more liberal and loosely followed? Will atheism, agnosticism and secularism continue to be more commonly taken positions?

In my view in a hundred years time most of European countries will be made up of a secular population while America Is in a similar position to Europe is today, a country still connected to Christianity but moving towards secularism. I predict much of Asia to move towards a more secular culture but I predict south America and Africa will generally move towards a stronger more fundamental Christian culture with Africa generally moving away from Islam and towards Christianity. I predict the middle east will see a continued shift towards extremist Islam.
lifeforce
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 9:54:48 PM
At 12/12/2015 8:17:32 PM, beng100 wrote:
I'm wondering what people think theism will look like in a hundred years time, which religions will gain followers, which ones will loose followers, will religion become more extremist and fundamentalist or more liberal and loosely followed? Will atheism, agnosticism and secularism continue to be more commonly taken positions?

In my view in a hundred years time most of European countries will be made up of a secular population while America Is in a similar position to Europe is today, a country still connected to Christianity but moving towards secularism. I predict much of Asia to move towards a more secular culture but I predict south America and Africa will generally move towards a stronger more fundamental Christian culture with Africa generally moving away from Islam and towards Christianity. I predict the middle east will see a continued shift towards extremist Islam. : :

I predict that everyone who lived in the first generation of people will die. Then God's people will awaken in new bodies and live forever with many different visible objects that man won't have to build with their human hands. In fact, man will wake up with two bodies ( one male and one female ) and be partners in every experience they have. Their bodies will change from one experience to another so they will never get bored. Some bodies will have the capability to fly and float since gravity won't be a physical law in Paradise.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 10:08:43 PM

In my view in a hundred years time most of European countries will be made up of a secular population while America Is in a similar position to Europe is today, a country still connected to Christianity but moving towards secularism. I predict much of Asia to move towards a more secular culture but I predict south America and Africa will generally move towards a stronger more fundamental Christian culture with Africa generally moving away from Islam and towards Christianity. I predict the middle east will see a continued shift towards extremist Islam.

Europe will be Muslim majority in 100 years.
beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 11:11:01 PM
At 12/12/2015 10:08:43 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:

Europe will be Muslim majority in 100 years.

Interesting prediction but I highly doubt it personally. Do you think conversion, immigration or a combination of both will create this? Where I live in the UK Islam is non existent. The population is generally secular/ mildly christian with a few christian fundamentalists and atheists.