Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

Which one?

Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 10:48:37 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Believers all worship different gods as they all like to claim their particular version if the one who created Heaven and Earth and everything that exists in them.

So how about some believers explaining how they decide which god is the creator of the universe?

Here are a few to choose from....

The god of Abraham is creator and this god is also the Father who has a son named Jesus who is not god.

Jesus is god the creator and also man and is divine as god but not divine as a man.

Holy Spirit is creator since god is a spirit and Jesus is the son of the Holy Spirit but Jesus as a man is not spirit but was merely a man with the Holy Spirit inside his body.

Allah is creator and Allah has no sons at all. He is obviously a different creator to the one who has a son.

Zeus is the ruler of all gods and king of heaven.

Feel free to add any of the following to the list ......
https://en.wikipedia.org...

If you believe most of them are mythical, except of course the ones you believe in, please explain how you determine which ones are mythical and which are not.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 11:34:52 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 10:48:37 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Believers all worship different gods as they all like to claim their particular version if the one who created Heaven and Earth and everything that exists in them.

So how about some believers explaining how they decide which god is the creator of the universe?

Here are a few to choose from....

The god of Abraham is creator and this god is also the Father who has a son named Jesus who is not god.

Jesus is god the creator and also man and is divine as god but not divine as a man.

Holy Spirit is creator since god is a spirit and Jesus is the son of the Holy Spirit but Jesus as a man is not spirit but was merely a man with the Holy Spirit inside his body.

Allah is creator and Allah has no sons at all. He is obviously a different creator to the one who has a son.

Zeus is the ruler of all gods and king of heaven.

Feel free to add any of the following to the list ......
https://en.wikipedia.org...


If you believe most of them are mythical, except of course the ones you believe in, please explain how you determine which ones are mythical and which are not.

They can't explain it in any logical way!
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 1:22:48 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 10:48:37 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Believers all worship different gods as they all like to claim their particular version if the one who created Heaven and Earth and everything that exists in them.

So what who cares? people argue and people are opinionated we will never be able to fix that. There is only a single fact, a Spirit/Creator Being created this level of existence, there is a God.

So how about some believers explaining how they decide which god is the creator of the universe?

Not all fit the bill Sky and you know it, it's the spiritual framework of the Bible that holds it up, the underlying principle/system that is observable. I believed in God before I ever understood scripture, but scripture contains the recipes and instructions for people to follow, having a foundation is necessary.
The God of the Bible is really the only one that is relevant to us in the now, but I find some truth in other religions as well. I believe Christianity is unique in what it has to offer, there is another topic for this question that I posted in so I will leave it at that.

Here are a few to choose from....

The god of Abraham is creator and this god is also the Father who has a son named Jesus who is not god.

Jesus is god the creator and also man and is divine as god but not divine as a man.

Holy Spirit is creator since god is a spirit and Jesus is the son of the Holy Spirit but Jesus as a man is not spirit but was merely a man with the Holy Spirit inside his body.

All three of those pertain to One source, this seems to fly in the face of your OP.

Allah is creator and Allah has no sons at all. He is obviously a different creator to the one who has a son.

I believe that the Bible has information that other books do not have plain and simple, that is as far as it needs to go. I don't need to reject anything else to rely on what I believe to be a unique source, that source is for all to look at and vise versa.

Zeus is the ruler of all gods and king of heaven.

Spiritual revelation is a timeless truth but it is obvious what is outdated. Those examples have nothing that pertains to us in the now, it has nothing relevant for Humans and their spiritual development, if you want to follow that then by all means go for it lol.

Feel free to add any of the following to the list ......
https://en.wikipedia.org...


If you believe most of them are mythical, except of course the ones you believe in, please explain how you determine which ones are mythical and which are not.

Simply explained above, the Bible has information many other books have not, there is nothing "mythical" (your favorite word) about a spiritual existence, that's just a word you like to toss around to attempt to make your fantasy world view seem more realistic.
Pollux
Posts: 241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 1:42:10 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Etrnlvw

If you had been raised in Saudi Arabia, do you think you'd be insisting on a different God as "real?" Why?
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,861
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 1:44:52 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 10:48:37 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Believers all worship different gods as they all like to claim their particular version if the one who created Heaven and Earth and everything that exists in them.
Prove it. Prove different names means different god(s). Prove each reference to a god at any given time was a reference to something other than just the only God.
So how about some believers explaining how they decide which god is the creator of the universe?
...each choice is correct and serves that individuals purpose as God has seen fit and chosen for that person. And yes, even your choice to not believe serves Gods purpose for you.
Here are a few to choose from....

The god of Abraham is creator and this god is also the Father who has a son named Jesus who is not god.

Jesus is god the creator and also man and is divine as god but not divine as a man.

Holy Spirit is creator since god is a spirit and Jesus is the son of the Holy Spirit but Jesus as a man is not spirit but was merely a man with the Holy Spirit inside his body.

Allah is creator and Allah has no sons at all. He is obviously a different creator to the one who has a son.

Zeus is the ruler of all gods and king of heaven.
My aunts name is Rose, by your logic she is a plant, well a flower to be exact.
Feel free to add any of the following to the list ......
https://en.wikipedia.org...


If you believe most of them are mythical, except of course the ones you believe in, please explain how you determine which ones are mythical and which are not.

All are mythical, but that doesn't necessarily mean non existent because myth also means not proven to exist. Just because it hasn't been proven to you doesn't mean it hasn't been proven to someone else. They all serve a purpose to that one God. All information, all thoughts, all ideas, all "words", therefore words for God , are the result of just one God. Mythical is merely a personal view, what is to you, not what is. That's the wisdom of God, a default ending to a necessary lesson. All will have salvation and seek out God except Satan and the one he uses to deceive the whole world, which will be a soulless person. It has to be done. Sort of like having a reference point in regards to walking across cool sand or hot asphalt barefoot. You couldn't enjoy the cool sand after the hot asphalt if the former wasn't a contrast to the latter.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 2:28:50 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 1:42:10 PM, Pollux wrote:
Etrnlvw

If you had been raised in Saudi Arabia, do you think you'd be insisting on a different God as "real?" Why?

Actually my father was born in "Saudi Arabia" lol, maybe read what I said again, I'm not following the example of Jesus because my mommy told me, but rather the content of what is within, that is what attracts me.
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 2:44:33 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
"please explain how you determine which ones are mythical and which are not."

EE: flip a invisible 2 headed coin and let God or Lady Luck choose their destiny.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 11:01:33 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 11:34:52 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 12/14/2015 10:48:37 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Believers all worship different gods as they all like to claim their particular version if the one who created Heaven and Earth and everything that exists in them.

So how about some believers explaining how they decide which god is the creator of the universe?

Here are a few to choose from....

The god of Abraham is creator and this god is also the Father who has a son named Jesus who is not god.

Jesus is god the creator and also man and is divine as god but not divine as a man.

Holy Spirit is creator since god is a spirit and Jesus is the son of the Holy Spirit but Jesus as a man is not spirit but was merely a man with the Holy Spirit inside his body.

Allah is creator and Allah has no sons at all. He is obviously a different creator to the one who has a son.

Zeus is the ruler of all gods and king of heaven.

Feel free to add any of the following to the list ......
https://en.wikipedia.org...


If you believe most of them are mythical, except of course the ones you believe in, please explain how you determine which ones are mythical and which are not.

They can't explain it in any logical way!

I know they can't yet they all insist their god is the only true one.
They are like little children who refuse to give up their magical Santa and replace it with the truth that the magic or supernatural man does not exist but is merely a human created concept which humans continue to promote. The concept helps people make money as they beg people to give to God who is so poor and powerless that he needs peoples money or he cannot solve the problems of the world without human help. Then they take the money and instead of helping the poor with it, they build themselves huge expensive fancy temples and churches in which to contain their gods. Then they idolize them, bow to them, perform all kinds of religious rituals to make them happy and pray that somehow the gods will solve the worlds problems and do something about all those self deceived insane people who worship the wrong gods.
Talk about human irony, foolishness and stupidity. It is truly magnificent.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 11:47:30 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 1:22:48 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 12/14/2015 10:48:37 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Believers all worship different gods as they all like to claim their particular version if the one who created Heaven and Earth and everything that exists in them.

So what who cares? people argue and people are opinionated we will never be able to fix that. There is only a single fact, a Spirit/Creator Being created this level of existence, there is a God.

That is not a fact. It is a belief which all believers need to accept by faith in what they cannot prove.
It is speculation and no different to claiming that there is a Mother Nature and she created everything. The only reason many humans believe in a "supernatural creator being" is because they convince themselves everything that exists needs an ultimate designer and builder "being". That concept of a building needing a builder is true and logical in the case of humans and human creations but is not necessarily true in the case of universal forces. A force is an "existing being" but not all forces have human personality, intelligence, personalities, etc. Certain forces, emotions, attitudes, morals, etc, are found only in humans and no place else.

So how about some believers explaining how they decide which god is the creator of the universe?

Not all fit the bill Sky and you know it, it's the spiritual framework of the Bible that holds it up, the underlying principle/system that is observable. I believed in God before I ever understood scripture, but scripture contains the recipes and instructions for people to follow, having a foundation is necessary.

We all believe in life before we learn about any "holy scriptures". The reason we believe in life is because we are all alive and experience it. Scriptures have done nothing but personify life and its opposite aspects as supernatural characters. Then gullible readers childishly believe in the characters like a child believes stories about Santa and his magic sleigh.
The recipes and instructions for people to follow are created by humans for humans. They are all the products of human authors and human experience which does not seem to have changed since the stories were written. People still have the good ( god) and the bad ( devil) within them at all times and need to chose between them daily. The simple lesson in the overall story is that good can overcome bad so choose good in your life and live in love toward real people who you can see instead of in idolatry and worship of some invisible characters who you cannot see..

The God of the Bible is really the only one that is relevant to us in the now, but I find some truth in other religions as well. I believe Christianity is unique in what it has to offer, there is another topic for this question that I posted in so I will leave it at that.

The God of the bible is only relevant to those who believe in that particular God. He is irrelevant to Muslims who prefer the Allah of the Quran. They are totally different gods since one has a son and the other does not. Therefore why choose the God of the bible who has a son over the Allah of the Quran who has no son?

Here are a few to choose from....

The god of Abraham is creator and this god is also the Father who has a son named Jesus who is not god.

Jesus is god the creator and also man and is divine as god but not divine as a man.

Holy Spirit is creator since god is a spirit and Jesus is the son of the Holy Spirit but Jesus as a man is not spirit but was merely a man with the Holy Spirit inside his body.

All three of those pertain to One source, this seems to fly in the face of your OP.

No it doesn't since Christians are constantly trying to convert each other away from the false doctrines in Christianity and get other believers to join their particular sects who apparently teach true doctrines. If that was not happening, why do so many believers change religions? Why is there so much division amongst religions? It is a house divided against itself. That is obvious to any outside observers.
Some preach......
God has one son.
God has many sons.
God has no sons
Allah is God
Jesus is God
Jehovah is God
Holy Spirit is God.

etc
etc.

There is no agreement regarding God amongst religion except that one of them ( whoever that might be) created the universe with a little help from his friends or all by himself depending on whether you believe he is the only thing that is eternal or not.

I see nothing different about the concept of God creating the universe vs the concept of Mother Nature creating the universe. As far as anyone knows she has exactly the same powers as God. Why should anyone believe one is a myth and the other is not? Why not worship Mother Nature as the God of all creation build churches in her honour?
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 11:57:56 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 1:22:48 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 12/14/2015 10:48:37 AM, Skyangel wrote:

Allah is creator and Allah has no sons at all. He is obviously a different creator to the one who has a son.

I believe that the Bible has information that other books do not have plain and simple, that is as far as it needs to go. I don't need to reject anything else to rely on what I believe to be a unique source, that source is for all to look at and vise versa.

The Quran also has unique information the bible does not have and it is a more recent source so why not believe that and follow Mohammed and his Allah instead of Jesus?

Zeus is the ruler of all gods and king of heaven.

Spiritual revelation is a timeless truth but it is obvious what is outdated. Those examples have nothing that pertains to us in the now, it has nothing relevant for Humans and their spiritual development, if you want to follow that then by all means go for it lol.

People who accept the Quran as the more recent source seem to believe the bible is outdated.
My examples serve as evidence that todays religions are no better or different from the idol worshippers of the past who all idolized different gods.
If you want real spiritual development and growth, you need to get rid of all idols and that would include the Jesus idol.

Feel free to add any of the following to the list ......
https://en.wikipedia.org...


If you believe most of them are mythical, except of course the ones you believe in, please explain how you determine which ones are mythical and which are not.

Simply explained above, the Bible has information many other books have not, there is nothing "mythical" (your favorite word) about a spiritual existence, that's just a word you like to toss around to attempt to make your fantasy world view seem more realistic.

There is everything mythical about invisible supernatural characters. All gods are as mythical as Zeus, Santa and Mother Nature.

It is idolatry or pure ignorance and childish faith to worship any of them.
True spirituality is about growing out of idolatry and understanding the characters are nothing but personifications of the powers of the universe, nature and all that lies within it which includes human nature, attitudes, concepts, etc.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 12:02:41 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 2:44:33 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
"please explain how you determine which ones are mythical and which are not."

EE: flip a invisible 2 headed coin and let God or Lady Luck choose their destiny.

The problem with two headed coins is the tale is missing. It is a cheats coin which gives them exactly what they want and ignores what is missing.
However most seem to be missing enough intelligence to figure that out so it makes no difference to them.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 12:19:49 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 1:44:52 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 12/14/2015 10:48:37 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Believers all worship different gods as they all like to claim their particular version if the one who created Heaven and Earth and everything that exists in them.
Prove it. Prove different names means different god(s). Prove each reference to a god at any given time was a reference to something other than just the only God.

I am not saying different names mean different Gods. The difference is not about the name but about the description of the characters.
A character who has a son is different to one who has no son. Your common sense ought to tell you that. If I talk about Bill who is a real person on Earth and tell you all about his son and then talk about a Bill who has no son, am I talking about the same man or two different people by the same name?
Are you smart enough to figure that out?
If I talk about an immortal god and then talk about a mortal god, are they the same god or different gods since one can die and the other cannot?

So how about some believers explaining how they decide which god is the creator of the universe?
...each choice is correct and serves that individuals purpose as God has seen fit and chosen for that person. And yes, even your choice to not believe serves Gods purpose for you.

Are you saying all roads lead to heaven and nothing is incorrect?
Are you saying it makes no difference what you believe since all end up in the same place anyway?

Here are a few to choose from....

The god of Abraham is creator and this god is also the Father who has a son named Jesus who is not god.

Jesus is god the creator and also man and is divine as god but not divine as a man.

Holy Spirit is creator since god is a spirit and Jesus is the son of the Holy Spirit but Jesus as a man is not spirit but was merely a man with the Holy Spirit inside his body.

Allah is creator and Allah has no sons at all. He is obviously a different creator to the one who has a son.

Zeus is the ruler of all gods and king of heaven.
My aunts name is Rose, by your logic she is a plant, well a flower to be exact.

No, that is according to your misinterpretation of my logic. I understand women who are named with flowery names are not flowers.
The label does not make the person who they are. However, if you talk about your Aunt Rose and tell me all about her son or sons and then talk about another Aunt Rose who has no sons, I will presume they are different aunts which share the same name and are not the same person.

This is the problem you come across when some claim God has a son and others claim he does not, some claim he is immortal and others claim he came to die for the sins of the world and was therefore mortal at the time. They are obviously not talking about the same God regardless of whether they wish to call him Zeus or Apollo or Yahweh or Jehovah or Jesus or any other name.
So, do you worship two different gods? A mortal one and also an immortal one? If not, which one do you suggest people follow and how do you determine if he is as mythical as Mother Nature or not?
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 12:47:42 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 1:44:52 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 12/14/2015 10:48:37 AM, Skyangel wrote:

Feel free to add any of the following to the list ......
https://en.wikipedia.org...


If you believe most of them are mythical, except of course the ones you believe in, please explain how you determine which ones are mythical and which are not.

All are mythical, but that doesn't necessarily mean non existent because myth also means not proven to exist.

All are mythical? Are you sure about that? Do you realise Jesus, Holy Spirit, Jah, Yahweh, Elohim, are all on that list?
If so, thank you for admitting all gods are mythical.
Since none are proven to exist, worshipping any of them is as childish as worshipping Zeus or Mother Nature.

Just because it hasn't been proven to you doesn't mean it hasn't been proven to someone else.
Make up your mind. You just wrote above that "myth also means not proven to exist. " and you admitted "All are mythical.

If it was proven to even one human on earth that one of the myths exists in reality, then that person should also be able to prove to others the same as what was proven to him unless of course that person only imagined proof where there was no real proof. Self deception tends to work like that. People see what they want to see in the same way a child sees presents under a xmas tree as proof of a magical Santa.

They all serve a purpose to that one God. All information, all thoughts, all ideas, all "words", therefore words for God , are the result of just one God.

Are you saying all words on this planet are the words of God? That would include abusive words as well as kind words. Truthful words as well as lies etc.
You are basically implying no bad gods or devils exist but everything comes the same source which you consider to be the one and only God.

Mythical is merely a personal view, what is to you, not what is. That's the wisdom of God, a default ending to a necessary lesson.

So if you believe Superman, Zeus, Father Time, etc are mythical characters, it is nothing but your personal view, not what they really are?
That sounds more like your foolishness than any wisdom from any person let alone any God.

All will have salvation and seek out God except Satan and the one he uses to deceive the whole world, which will be a soulless person. It has to be done. Sort of like having a reference point in regards to walking across cool sand or hot asphalt barefoot. You couldn't enjoy the cool sand after the hot asphalt if the former wasn't a contrast to the latter.

Salvation from what? Their personal views?
Except Satan ? I thought you just claimed every word was the result of just one God? That would include every word of deception. Why blame Satan for anything when all things are the result of just one God?

Are you comparing God to cool sand and Satan to hot ashphalt?
I suggest you line your comparisons up with those in the bible if you wish to follow the God of the bible. That God is more like hot ashphalt than cool sand. He is described in the same way as hell is described.... an all consuming fire.

Heb 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

Isaiah 33:14 The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,861
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 6:29:09 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/15/2015 12:47:42 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:44:52 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 12/14/2015 10:48:37 AM, Skyangel wrote:

Feel free to add any of the following to the list ......
https://en.wikipedia.org...


If you believe most of them are mythical, except of course the ones you believe in, please explain how you determine which ones are mythical and which are not.

All are mythical, but that doesn't necessarily mean non existent because myth also means not proven to exist.

All are mythical? Are you sure about that? Do you realise Jesus, Holy Spirit, Jah, Yahweh, Elohim, are all on that list?
If so, thank you for admitting all gods are mythical.
Since none are proven to exist, worshipping any of them is as childish as worshipping Zeus or Mother Nature.

Just because it hasn't been proven to you doesn't mean it hasn't been proven to someone else.
Make up your mind. You just wrote above that "myth also means not proven to exist. " and you admitted "All are mythical.
The definition of myth also includes "unproven to exist" to that particular person such as yourself. That doesn't mean I personally haven't been given or seen proof, it refers to some whose belief is merely faith only, no proof to them, not no proof at all. So therefore some believe that haven't been given proof so it is still technically myth to them. Some have and it is no longer a belief. You do know the difference between individual knowledge and or shared knowledge. I'm sure there are things you know are true that I don't and vice versa. The only difference is I don't need anything from you, yet you seem to need something from other people. Wonder why?
If it was proven to even one human on earth that one of the myths exists in reality, then that person should also be able to prove to others the same as what was proven to him unless of course that person only imagined proof where there was no real proof. Self deception tends to work like that. People see what they want to see in the same way a child sees presents under a xmas tree as proof of a magical Santa.
Prove you love your favorite ice cream. Your reasoning is a non sequitur. What you think "should be able to" isn't an argument.
They all serve a purpose to that one God. All information, all thoughts, all ideas, all "words", therefore words for God , are the result of just one God.

Are you saying all words on this planet are the words of God? That would include abusive words as well as kind words. Truthful words as well as lies etc.
You are basically implying no bad gods or devils exist but everything comes the same source which you consider to be the one and only God.
Abusive is subjective, so that's irrelevant. There are no such things as a word that is a lie. There are succession of words put together to make a lie so not really relevant. And what I am basically saying is you are incapable of determining within your current level of wisdom what is or isn't "bad gods" or "bad devils" or "good" anything.
Mythical is merely a personal view, what is to you, not what is. That's the wisdom of God, a default ending to a necessary lesson.

So if you believe Superman, Zeus, Father Time, etc are mythical characters, it is nothing but your personal view, not what they really are?
Lol, lets look at the word superman since you apparently don't recognize valid logical analogies. First,
Superman...The ability to fly exists
Xray technology exists, applied to eyes is irrelevant.
The ability to come from another planet exists because there are other planets. Duh
Forces to stop or lift heavy objects exist applying it to a human form is irrelevant.
So basically you are attempting to use a representation of a combination of existing things as analogous to what you claim doesn't exist. Hence your inability to recognize essentially a weak or false analogy fallacy.
That sounds more like your foolishness than any wisdom from any person let alone any God.

All will have salvation and seek out God except Satan and the one he uses to deceive the whole world, which will be a soulless person. It has to be done. Sort of like having a reference point in regards to walking across cool sand or hot asphalt barefoot. You couldn't enjoy the cool sand after the hot asphalt if the former wasn't a contrast to the latter.

Salvation from what? Their personal views?
Except Satan ? I thought you just claimed every word was the result of just one God? That would include every word of deception. Why blame Satan for anything when all things are the result of just one God?
First off non sequitur. This is a childish question. Blame is irrelevant. You or anyone else isn't blaming Satan for anything. Satan is merely a tool within a lesson that you can't grasp. Blame is a reflection of how you think. I would look into that if I were you because it seems like you are projecting because I never said Satan was being blamed for anything.
Are you comparing God to cool sand and Satan to hot ashphalt?
Lol, no I'm not. Simple dualism.
I suggest you line your comparisons up with those in the bible if you wish to follow the God of the bible. That God is more like hot ashphalt than cool sand. He is described in the same way as hell is described.... an all consuming fire.
There is no such distinction as God of the bible within a certain level of spiritual wisdom which you don't possess and that you attempt to argue against because you know of nothing else to confront. Its good to quote biblical verse but understanding it is something you lack and aren't needed to understand. Stop acting like other peoples arguments are mine and confront what I say.
Heb 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

Isaiah 33:14 The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
You do not understand verse, but reading it never hurt anyone.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 4:26:24 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/15/2015 6:29:09 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 12/15/2015 12:47:42 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:44:52 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:

Just because it hasn't been proven to you doesn't mean it hasn't been proven to someone else.
Make up your mind. You just wrote above that "myth also means not proven to exist. " and you admitted "All are mythical.
The definition of myth also includes "unproven to exist" to that particular person such as yourself. That doesn't mean I personally haven't been given or seen proof, it refers to some whose belief is merely faith only, no proof to them, not no proof at all. So therefore some believe that haven't been given proof so it is still technically myth to them. Some have and it is no longer a belief. You do know the difference between individual knowledge and or shared knowledge. I'm sure there are things you know are true that I don't and vice versa. The only difference is I don't need anything from you, yet you seem to need something from other people. Wonder why?

It's much the same as Santa is unproven to exist but that doesn't mean children have not been given proof or seen proof of his existence.
In the end its all a matter of perspective and what people want to believe regardless of whether it is true or not.
Santa is technically a myth to adults but very real to children.
The same principle applies to God and mentally immature adults. I know that is true and you do not.

What makes you think I need anything from you or anyone else ?

If it was proven to even one human on earth that one of the myths exists in reality, then that person should also be able to prove to others the same as what was proven to him unless of course that person only imagined proof where there was no real proof. Self deception tends to work like that. People see what they want to see in the same way a child sees presents under a xmas tree as proof of a magical Santa.
Prove you love your favorite ice cream. Your reasoning is a non sequitur. What you think "should be able to" isn't an argument.

Anyone would be able to observe I love my favourite icecream since they would observe me choosing the same flavour every time.
It is not hard for people to notice what other people love and hate.
It is easy to see many are in love with mythical characters.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 5:15:57 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/15/2015 6:29:09 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 12/15/2015 12:47:42 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/14/2015 1:44:52 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:

All will have salvation and seek out God except Satan and the one he uses to deceive the whole world, which will be a soulless person. It has to be done. Sort of like having a reference point in regards to walking across cool sand or hot asphalt barefoot. You couldn't enjoy the cool sand after the hot asphalt if the former wasn't a contrast to the latter.

Salvation from what? Their personal views?
Except Satan ? I thought you just claimed every word was the result of just one God? That would include every word of deception. Why blame Satan for anything when all things are the result of just one God?
First off non sequitur. This is a childish question. Blame is irrelevant.

It is a very mature and intelligent question to those who understand it.
Blame is not irrelevant when a character is exempt from salvation for doing exactly what he is meant to do. If words strung together to create deception is the result of just one God, Satan has nothing to do with it. If the Satan character is doing what needs to be done, why would the God character or any other character exempt him from salvation? Is that not punishing or blaming someone for something he is supposed to do?

You or anyone else isn't blaming Satan for anything. Satan is merely a tool within a lesson that you can't grasp.

I grasp the concept far better than you and most others realize but I doubt you are mature enough to see it from my perspective.

Blame is a reflection of how you think. I would look into that if I were you because it seems like you are projecting because I never said Satan was being blamed for anything.

I never suggested YOU were blaming anyone. You are the one who decided to personally wear that cap.
It seems obvious to me that most readers of the story blame Satan for causing evil, for causing deception, for causing sin, for causing the fall of Adam and Eve, etc. You even said Satan is exempt from salvation. I ask why exempt him from salvation if God or people do not blame him for anything and if he really is just doing what is necessary as you suggest?

Are you comparing God to cool sand and Satan to hot ashphalt?
Lol, no I'm not. Simple dualism.

Are you implying God and Satan and dualistic?

I suggest you line your comparisons up with those in the bible if you wish to follow the God of the bible. That God is more like hot ashphalt than cool sand. He is described in the same way as hell is described.... an all consuming fire.
There is no such distinction as God of the bible within a certain level of spiritual wisdom which you don't possess and that you attempt to argue against because you know of nothing else to confront.

What makes you believe that? Your own speculation ?

Its good to quote biblical verse but understanding it is something you lack and aren't needed to understand.

What makes you believe that? Your own speculation ?

Stop acting like other peoples arguments are mine and confront what I say.

What makes you believe I am acting like other peoples arguments are yours? I am confronting your words not other peoples words when I reply to you. You are the one interpreting the replies you read on the screen and choosing to "wear the caps" or not.

Heb 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

Isaiah 33:14 The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
You do not understand verse, but reading it never hurt anyone.

What makes you believe that? Why do you foolishly make statements about what I understand when you don't have the slightest clue what I understand.
You need to be careful playing with me because you are playing with fire.
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 12:41:24 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
here comes Santa God
here comes Santa God

In his magic flying sleigh

on Adam and Eve
and Noah and Moses
on Peter and Paul
and John and Lazarus

and for bad weather there is Jesus with his Light up nose to show the way

Ho Ho Ho Mary X-MA$
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 12:51:48 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/17/2015 12:41:24 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
here comes Santa God
here comes Santa God

In his magic flying sleigh

on Adam and Eve
and Noah and Moses
on Peter and Paul
and John and Lazarus

and for bad weather there is Jesus with his Light up nose to show the Way

Ho Ho Ho Mary X-MA$
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...