Total Posts:37|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Infinite time/reality means spirits do exist

GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 6:38:52 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
If a process can evolve things into greater and greater entities, in infinite time, spirits must exist based on the laws of infinity. It is a mathematical fallacy to say advanced beings, spirits, or even a god do not, never have, and never will exist. If time travel is possible, then the historical thought of the one in control of time travel could be erased from history, written as they want it, or blocked from being findable. Advanced beings, spirits, or God must exist based on probability and infinity aws alone.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 6:41:56 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 6:38:52 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If a process can evolve things into greater and greater entities, in infinite time, spirits must exist based on the laws of infinity. It is a mathematical fallacy to say advanced beings, spirits, or even a god do not, never have, and never will exist. If time travel is possible, then the historical thought of the one in control of time travel could be erased from history, written as they want it, or blocked from being findable. Advanced beings, spirits, or God must exist based on probability and infinity aws alone.

You should write fantasy novels because there's no science that supports anything you're saying.
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 7:24:33 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 6:41:56 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/14/2015 6:38:52 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If a process can evolve things into greater and greater entities, in infinite time, spirits must exist based on the laws of infinity. It is a mathematical fallacy to say advanced beings, spirits, or even a god do not, never have, and never will exist. If time travel is possible, then the historical thought of the one in control of time travel could be erased from history, written as they want it, or blocked from being findable. Advanced beings, spirits, or God must exist based on probability and infinity aws alone.

You should write fantasy novels because there's no science that supports anything you're saying.

The science is called mathematics. If x= such and such, such and such=

You can't say something has always existed, then declare a limit on evolution. You also cannot say there was never anything, but then something just came to be for the first time ever in reality so many billions of years ago. This is an intellectual fallacy. To dismiss all concepts of spirits, advanced beings, or god is to deny our own reality's system and deny our own ability to even exist.
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 7:35:46 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
We have a limited range of thought concerning advanced beings, spirits, or god.

A)The fact we exist tells us one of 2 things

1)God exists and created it all. It is an unknown variable in discerning his "reality" but gives a beginning variable to at least give answer to where we come from.

2)We have an infinite "scientific" system that never began. We cannot have a beginning variable that "was born". We must have some variable, whether reality as we know it or
A reality beyond our reality that has "always been".

B)If you say that there is an infinite scientific entity for causality of our reality, then you give place to the "laws of everything", meaning all things exist. An evolutionary process created humanoids, greater beings, even greater beings, even greater beings than that, etc. Etc. Until you have an entity in some phase of infinite time and reality that figured out things to the point of being able to control, manipulate, and rule reality.

Either way you get the same "god concept". There is no mathematical or intellectual way around God.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 9:05:42 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 7:24:33 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/14/2015 6:41:56 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/14/2015 6:38:52 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If a process can evolve things into greater and greater entities, in infinite time, spirits must exist based on the laws of infinity. It is a mathematical fallacy to say advanced beings, spirits, or even a god do not, never have, and never will exist. If time travel is possible, then the historical thought of the one in control of time travel could be erased from history, written as they want it, or blocked from being findable. Advanced beings, spirits, or God must exist based on probability and infinity aws alone.

You should write fantasy novels because there's no science that supports anything you're saying.

The science is called mathematics. If x= such and such, such and such=

Hardly. What you're proposing isn't math, it's biology and biology. If you're trying to apply logic, you haven't provided any valid premises for your conclusions. There is nothing anywhere that demonstrates evolution can advance past the physical being except in fantasy and poorly written science fiction.

You can't say something has always existed, then declare a limit on evolution. You also cannot say there was never anything, but then something just came to be for the first time ever in reality so many billions of years ago. This is an intellectual fallacy. To dismiss all concepts of spirits, advanced beings, or god is to deny our own reality's system and deny our own ability to even exist.

The limit on evolution is based on the actual process of evolution, genetic change in a population over time. There are no indications in any science that there's genetic marker for 'spirit' or any other such characteristic.
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 9:09:41 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 9:05:42 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/14/2015 7:24:33 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/14/2015 6:41:56 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/14/2015 6:38:52 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If a process can evolve things into greater and greater entities, in infinite time, spirits must exist based on the laws of infinity. It is a mathematical fallacy to say advanced beings, spirits, or even a god do not, never have, and never will exist. If time travel is possible, then the historical thought of the one in control of time travel could be erased from history, written as they want it, or blocked from being findable. Advanced beings, spirits, or God must exist based on probability and infinity aws alone.

You should write fantasy novels because there's no science that supports anything you're saying.

The science is called mathematics. If x= such and such, such and such=

Hardly. What you're proposing isn't math, it's biology and biology. If you're trying to apply logic, you haven't provided any valid premises for your conclusions. There is nothing anywhere that demonstrates evolution can advance past the physical being except in fantasy and poorly written science fiction.

You can't say something has always existed, then declare a limit on evolution. You also cannot say there was never anything, but then something just came to be for the first time ever in reality so many billions of years ago. This is an intellectual fallacy. To dismiss all concepts of spirits, advanced beings, or god is to deny our own reality's system and deny our own ability to even exist.

The limit on evolution is based on the actual process of evolution, genetic change in a population over time. There are no indications in any science that there's genetic marker for 'spirit' or any other such characteristic.

Nothing I have said even slightly resembles a Biological construct. Biologists aren't sitting around theorizing together about infinity. That would be Physicists.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 9:11:18 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 9:09:41 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/14/2015 9:05:42 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/14/2015 7:24:33 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/14/2015 6:41:56 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/14/2015 6:38:52 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If a process can evolve things into greater and greater entities, in infinite time, spirits must exist based on the laws of infinity. It is a mathematical fallacy to say advanced beings, spirits, or even a god do not, never have, and never will exist. If time travel is possible, then the historical thought of the one in control of time travel could be erased from history, written as they want it, or blocked from being findable. Advanced beings, spirits, or God must exist based on probability and infinity aws alone.

You should write fantasy novels because there's no science that supports anything you're saying.

The science is called mathematics. If x= such and such, such and such=

Hardly. What you're proposing isn't math, it's biology and biology. If you're trying to apply logic, you haven't provided any valid premises for your conclusions. There is nothing anywhere that demonstrates evolution can advance past the physical being except in fantasy and poorly written science fiction.

You can't say something has always existed, then declare a limit on evolution. You also cannot say there was never anything, but then something just came to be for the first time ever in reality so many billions of years ago. This is an intellectual fallacy. To dismiss all concepts of spirits, advanced beings, or god is to deny our own reality's system and deny our own ability to even exist.

The limit on evolution is based on the actual process of evolution, genetic change in a population over time. There are no indications in any science that there's genetic marker for 'spirit' or any other such characteristic.

Nothing I have said even slightly resembles a Biological construct. Biologists aren't sitting around theorizing together about infinity. That would be Physicists.

" If a process can evolve things into greater " Biology, not physics. You're a very confused person.
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 9:20:05 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 9:11:18 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/14/2015 9:09:41 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/14/2015 9:05:42 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/14/2015 7:24:33 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/14/2015 6:41:56 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/14/2015 6:38:52 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If a process can evolve things into greater and greater entities, in infinite time, spirits must exist based on the laws of infinity. It is a mathematical fallacy to say advanced beings, spirits, or even a god do not, never have, and never will exist. If time travel is possible, then the historical thought of the one in control of time travel could be erased from history, written as they want it, or blocked from being findable. Advanced beings, spirits, or God must exist based on probability and infinity aws alone.

You should write fantasy novels because there's no science that supports anything you're saying.

The science is called mathematics. If x= such and such, such and such=

Hardly. What you're proposing isn't math, it's biology and biology. If you're trying to apply logic, you haven't provided any valid premises for your conclusions. There is nothing anywhere that demonstrates evolution can advance past the physical being except in fantasy and poorly written science fiction.

You can't say something has always existed, then declare a limit on evolution. You also cannot say there was never anything, but then something just came to be for the first time ever in reality so many billions of years ago. This is an intellectual fallacy. To dismiss all concepts of spirits, advanced beings, or god is to deny our own reality's system and deny our own ability to even exist.

The limit on evolution is based on the actual process of evolution, genetic change in a population over time. There are no indications in any science that there's genetic marker for 'spirit' or any other such characteristic.

Nothing I have said even slightly resembles a Biological construct. Biologists aren't sitting around theorizing together about infinity. That would be Physicists.

" If a process can evolve things into greater " Biology, not physics. You're a very confused person.

Hardly. Infinity is a mathematical construct, not a biological one.
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 9:26:24 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 9:05:42 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/14/2015 7:24:33 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/14/2015 6:41:56 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/14/2015 6:38:52 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If a process can evolve things into greater and greater entities, in infinite time, spirits must exist based on the laws of infinity. It is a mathematical fallacy to say advanced beings, spirits, or even a god do not, never have, and never will exist. If time travel is possible, then the historical thought of the one in control of time travel could be erased from history, written as they want it, or blocked from being findable. Advanced beings, spirits, or God must exist based on probability and infinity aws alone.

You should write fantasy novels because there's no science that supports anything you're saying.

The science is called mathematics. If x= such and such, such and such=

Hardly. What you're proposing isn't math, it's biology and biology. If you're trying to apply logic, you haven't provided any valid premises for your conclusions. There is nothing anywhere that demonstrates evolution can advance past the physical being except in fantasy and poorly written science fiction.

You can't say something has always existed, then declare a limit on evolution. You also cannot say there was never anything, but then something just came to be for the first time ever in reality so many billions of years ago. This is an intellectual fallacy. To dismiss all concepts of spirits, advanced beings, or god is to deny our own reality's system and deny our own ability to even exist.

The limit on evolution is based on the actual process of evolution, genetic change in a population over time. There are no indications in any science that there's genetic marker for 'spirit' or any other such characteristic.

Define the physical constructs of a spirit. Then define the constructs of any entities of your random pick that would exist when in infinite time, a much more advanced lifeform than us. Describe the physical constructs or lack thereof of an entity that evolves with no need for a body composed of higher constructs than current human beings. Describe the constructs of humans 20,000 years from now if technology continued at the same rate it has accelerated at during human history.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 9:32:13 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 9:26:24 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/14/2015 9:05:42 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/14/2015 7:24:33 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/14/2015 6:41:56 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/14/2015 6:38:52 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If a process can evolve things into greater and greater entities, in infinite time, spirits must exist based on the laws of infinity. It is a mathematical fallacy to say advanced beings, spirits, or even a god do not, never have, and never will exist. If time travel is possible, then the historical thought of the one in control of time travel could be erased from history, written as they want it, or blocked from being findable. Advanced beings, spirits, or God must exist based on probability and infinity aws alone.

You should write fantasy novels because there's no science that supports anything you're saying.

The science is called mathematics. If x= such and such, such and such=

Hardly. What you're proposing isn't math, it's biology and biology. If you're trying to apply logic, you haven't provided any valid premises for your conclusions. There is nothing anywhere that demonstrates evolution can advance past the physical being except in fantasy and poorly written science fiction.

You can't say something has always existed, then declare a limit on evolution. You also cannot say there was never anything, but then something just came to be for the first time ever in reality so many billions of years ago. This is an intellectual fallacy. To dismiss all concepts of spirits, advanced beings, or god is to deny our own reality's system and deny our own ability to even exist.

The limit on evolution is based on the actual process of evolution, genetic change in a population over time. There are no indications in any science that there's genetic marker for 'spirit' or any other such characteristic.

Define the physical constructs of a spirit.

There is no construct of a 'spirit'. It's an untestable and meaningless term in this respect.

" Then define the constructs of any entities of your random pick that would exist when in infinite time, a much more advanced lifeform than us. Describe the physical constructs or lack thereof of an entity that evolves with no need for a body composed of higher constructs than current human beings. Describe the constructs of humans 20,000 years from now if technology continued at the same rate it has accelerated at during human history.

Your entire query is irrational since it is impossible to describe something that does not exist. You have made the assertion that such beings would exist yet you've not given any methodology for extrapolating them. You've proposed nonsense and then asked someone else to describe the result of your nonsensical proposal. At least try to defend your own words if you can and stop counting on others to do it for you.
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 9:40:04 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Scientists close to finshing up "invisibilty cloak". Okay. If we pion humans can get that far, what would advanced beings be capable of? The idea of an entity that moves unseen or seen at necessity is easily fathomable even without envoking "God knowledge".

If you put our future grandchildren in a technological situation where they could use "invisibility", a skin inserted chip that gave gps abilities, internet access, etc. to their brains, and added some kind of genetic manipulations to give added abilities intellectually and physically, it is easy to fathom our future relatives having sonar, gps, tracking, invisibility, supreme-like knowledge availability, flying ability, cheetah-like speed, ability to climb trees like a cat, ability to scale walls like a spider, ability to blend into surroundings like a lizard, etc, and that is only the tip of the iceberg as to what they should be able to one day be like technologically if given enough time and the freedm to do so.

http://time.com...
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 9:43:57 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
A spirit isn't really a very far reaching technological concept.

A spirit would be the stored information that makes you "you", moved from your current hard drive(the human brain) into a more efficient and possibly energy based host. If this were a Matrixlike reality, spirits would simply a programmed character manifestation with a medium construct like any character in a virtual reality simulation or video game. Simple construct ideas. And how much more is possible than that? Infinite amounts...
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 9:46:32 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 9:32:13 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/14/2015 9:26:24 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/14/2015 9:05:42 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/14/2015 7:24:33 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/14/2015 6:41:56 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/14/2015 6:38:52 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If a process can evolve things into greater and greater entities, in infinite time, spirits must exist based on the laws of infinity. It is a mathematical fallacy to say advanced beings, spirits, or even a god do not, never have, and never will exist. If time travel is possible, then the historical thought of the one in control of time travel could be erased from history, written as they want it, or blocked from being findable. Advanced beings, spirits, or God must exist based on probability and infinity aws alone.

You should write fantasy novels because there's no science that supports anything you're saying.

The science is called mathematics. If x= such and such, such and such=

Hardly. What you're proposing isn't math, it's biology and biology. If you're trying to apply logic, you haven't provided any valid premises for your conclusions. There is nothing anywhere that demonstrates evolution can advance past the physical being except in fantasy and poorly written science fiction.

You can't say something has always existed, then declare a limit on evolution. You also cannot say there was never anything, but then something just came to be for the first time ever in reality so many billions of years ago. This is an intellectual fallacy. To dismiss all concepts of spirits, advanced beings, or god is to deny our own reality's system and deny our own ability to even exist.

The limit on evolution is based on the actual process of evolution, genetic change in a population over time. There are no indications in any science that there's genetic marker for 'spirit' or any other such characteristic.

Define the physical constructs of a spirit.

There is no construct of a 'spirit'. It's an untestable and meaningless term in this respect.

" Then define the constructs of any entities of your random pick that would exist when in infinite time, a much more advanced lifeform than us. Describe the physical constructs or lack thereof of an entity that evolves with no need for a body composed of higher constructs than current human beings. Describe the constructs of humans 20,000 years from now if technology continued at the same rate it has accelerated at during human history.

Your entire query is irrational since it is impossible to describe something that does not exist. You have made the assertion that such beings would exist yet you've not given any methodology for extrapolating them. You've proposed nonsense and then asked someone else to describe the result of your nonsensical proposal. At least try to defend your own words if you can and stop counting on others to do it for you.

Who is speaking for me in your guesstamation? God? Spirits? I'm pretty sure my mummy didn't type out my allegations.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 9:53:33 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 9:40:04 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Scientists close to finshing up "invisibilty cloak". Okay. If we pion humans can get that far, what would advanced beings be capable of? The idea of an entity that moves unseen or seen at necessity is easily fathomable even without envoking "God knowledge".

If you put our future grandchildren in a technological situation where they could use "invisibility", a skin inserted chip that gave gps abilities, internet access, etc. to their brains, and added some kind of genetic manipulations to give added abilities intellectually and physically, it is easy to fathom our future relatives having sonar, gps, tracking, invisibility, supreme-like knowledge availability, flying ability, cheetah-like speed, ability to climb trees like a cat, ability to scale walls like a spider, ability to blend into surroundings like a lizard, etc, and that is only the tip of the iceberg as to what they should be able to one day be like technologically if given enough time and the freedm to do so.

http://time.com...

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. You really should write fiction.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 9:54:42 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 9:43:57 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
A spirit isn't really a very far reaching technological concept.

A spirit would be the stored information that makes you "you", moved from your current hard drive(the human brain) into a more efficient and possibly energy based host. If this were a Matrixlike reality, spirits would simply a programmed character manifestation with a medium construct like any character in a virtual reality simulation or video game. Simple construct ideas. And how much more is possible than that? Infinite amounts...

Again, you should write this stuff down and sell it. Great story, no facts.
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 9:57:09 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 9:32:13 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/14/2015 9:26:24 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/14/2015 9:05:42 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/14/2015 7:24:33 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/14/2015 6:41:56 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/14/2015 6:38:52 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If a process can evolve things into greater and greater entities, in infinite time, spirits must exist based on the laws of infinity. It is a mathematical fallacy to say advanced beings, spirits, or even a god do not, never have, and never will exist. If time travel is possible, then the historical thought of the one in control of time travel could be erased from history, written as they want it, or blocked from being findable. Advanced beings, spirits, or God must exist based on probability and infinity aws alone.

You should write fantasy novels because there's no science that supports anything you're saying.

The science is called mathematics. If x= such and such, such and such=

Hardly. What you're proposing isn't math, it's biology and biology. If you're trying to apply logic, you haven't provided any valid premises for your conclusions. There is nothing anywhere that demonstrates evolution can advance past the physical being except in fantasy and poorly written science fiction.

You can't say something has always existed, then declare a limit on evolution. You also cannot say there was never anything, but then something just came to be for the first time ever in reality so many billions of years ago. This is an intellectual fallacy. To dismiss all concepts of spirits, advanced beings, or god is to deny our own reality's system and deny our own ability to even exist.

The limit on evolution is based on the actual process of evolution, genetic change in a population over time. There are no indications in any science that there's genetic marker for 'spirit' or any other such characteristic.

Define the physical constructs of a spirit.

There is no construct of a 'spirit'. It's an untestable and meaningless term in this respect.

" Then define the constructs of any entities of your random pick that would exist when in infinite time, a much more advanced lifeform than us. Describe the physical constructs or lack thereof of an entity that evolves with no need for a body composed of higher constructs than current human beings. Describe the constructs of humans 20,000 years from now if technology continued at the same rate it has accelerated at during human history.

Your entire query is irrational since it is impossible to describe something that does not exist. You have made the assertion that such beings would exist yet you've not given any methodology for extrapolating them. You've proposed nonsense and then asked someone else to describe the result of your nonsensical proposal. At least try to defend your own words if you can and stop counting on others to do it for you.

You propose spirits do not, have not, and will not ever exist, which is mathematically impossible in infinite time. At one time gravity "did not exist", atoms "did not exist", and cells did not exist. But that doesn't take away from reality. In infinite space, cells, atoms, and gravitational force must exist mathematically in infinite time at an infinite amount of random points, if not eternally throughout time only dependent in randomness throught the construct of whether reality is consisting of infinite or finite amounts of matter. In infinity you do not have more or less by using a finite matter theory or an infinite matter theory. Finite Infinity vs. Infinite Infinity does not equal more or less. Infinity is infinity no matter how you try to slice it. The only difference between finite and infinite infinity is that finite infinity has greater space between objects in its infinite construct, but since it does not begin or end, there is no way to say finite vs. Infinite equals anything but infinity.
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 10:01:53 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 9:54:42 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/14/2015 9:43:57 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
A spirit isn't really a very far reaching technological concept.

A spirit would be the stored information that makes you "you", moved from your current hard drive(the human brain) into a more efficient and possibly energy based host. If this were a Matrixlike reality, spirits would simply a programmed character manifestation with a medium construct like any character in a virtual reality simulation or video game. Simple construct ideas. And how much more is possible than that? Infinite amounts...

Again, you should write this stuff down and sell it. Great story, no facts.

Infinity is a fact. Without it you cannot exist, otherwise the first thing came from absolutely nothing which is an intellectual blob of nonsense. Technological advancements are a fact. If Evolution is fact, then the evolving of beings over infinite time is unlimited, leading to unlimited beings of unlimited advancements over ours.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 10:06:34 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 9:57:09 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/14/2015 9:32:13 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/14/2015 9:26:24 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/14/2015 9:05:42 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/14/2015 7:24:33 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/14/2015 6:41:56 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/14/2015 6:38:52 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If a process can evolve things into greater and greater entities, in infinite time, spirits must exist based on the laws of infinity. It is a mathematical fallacy to say advanced beings, spirits, or even a god do not, never have, and never will exist. If time travel is possible, then the historical thought of the one in control of time travel could be erased from history, written as they want it, or blocked from being findable. Advanced beings, spirits, or God must exist based on probability and infinity aws alone.

You should write fantasy novels because there's no science that supports anything you're saying.

The science is called mathematics. If x= such and such, such and such=

Hardly. What you're proposing isn't math, it's biology and biology. If you're trying to apply logic, you haven't provided any valid premises for your conclusions. There is nothing anywhere that demonstrates evolution can advance past the physical being except in fantasy and poorly written science fiction.

You can't say something has always existed, then declare a limit on evolution. You also cannot say there was never anything, but then something just came to be for the first time ever in reality so many billions of years ago. This is an intellectual fallacy. To dismiss all concepts of spirits, advanced beings, or god is to deny our own reality's system and deny our own ability to even exist.

The limit on evolution is based on the actual process of evolution, genetic change in a population over time. There are no indications in any science that there's genetic marker for 'spirit' or any other such characteristic.

Define the physical constructs of a spirit.

There is no construct of a 'spirit'. It's an untestable and meaningless term in this respect.

" Then define the constructs of any entities of your random pick that would exist when in infinite time, a much more advanced lifeform than us. Describe the physical constructs or lack thereof of an entity that evolves with no need for a body composed of higher constructs than current human beings. Describe the constructs of humans 20,000 years from now if technology continued at the same rate it has accelerated at during human history.

Your entire query is irrational since it is impossible to describe something that does not exist. You have made the assertion that such beings would exist yet you've not given any methodology for extrapolating them. You've proposed nonsense and then asked someone else to describe the result of your nonsensical proposal. At least try to defend your own words if you can and stop counting on others to do it for you.

You propose spirits do not, have not, and will not ever exist, which is mathematically impossible in infinite time. At one time gravity "did not exist", atoms "did not exist", and cells did not exist. But that doesn't take away from reality. In infinite space, cells, atoms, and gravitational force must exist mathematically in infinite time at an infinite amount of random points, if not eternally throughout time only dependent in randomness throught the construct of whether reality is consisting of infinite or finite amounts of matter. In infinity you do not have more or less by using a finite matter theory or an infinite matter theory. Finite Infinity vs. Infinite Infinity does not equal more or less. Infinity is infinity no matter how you try to slice it. The only difference between finite and infinite infinity is that finite infinity has greater space between objects in its infinite construct, but since it does not begin or end, there is no way to say finite vs. Infinite equals anything but infinity.

First issue, time is not infinite. It began when the universe began. There was no 'time' as we perceive it until the universe expanded and spacetime was a result. Finite Infinity is an incoherent construct so that's another issue. Finally, gravity is function of curved space that we experience every moment of our lives. Cells are matter and again experienced every day of our lives. We have very good rules that tell us how they work and why they are how they are. There is no such rule or set of rules for anything that is not part of spacetime and the matter and energy that fill it.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 10:08:33 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 10:01:53 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/14/2015 9:54:42 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/14/2015 9:43:57 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
A spirit isn't really a very far reaching technological concept.

A spirit would be the stored information that makes you "you", moved from your current hard drive(the human brain) into a more efficient and possibly energy based host. If this were a Matrixlike reality, spirits would simply a programmed character manifestation with a medium construct like any character in a virtual reality simulation or video game. Simple construct ideas. And how much more is possible than that? Infinite amounts...

Time is not infinite. It had a beginning and its end will be the end of the universe when it reaches complete heat death and becomes a homogeneous mass of energyless particles in which nothing can happen. As noted, your rantings are incoherent and nonsensical.
Again, you should write this stuff down and sell it. Great story, no facts.

Infinity is a fact. Without it you cannot exist, otherwise the first thing came from absolutely nothing which is an intellectual blob of nonsense. Technological advancements are a fact. If Evolution is fact, then the evolving of beings over infinite time is unlimited, leading to unlimited beings of unlimited advancements over ours.
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 10:08:59 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 6:41:56 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/14/2015 6:38:52 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If a process can evolve things into greater and greater entities, in infinite time, spirits must exist based on the laws of infinity. It is a mathematical fallacy to say advanced beings, spirits, or even a god do not, never have, and never will exist. If time travel is possible, then the historical thought of the one in control of time travel could be erased from history, written as they want it, or blocked from being findable. Advanced beings, spirits, or God must exist based on probability and infinity aws alone.

You should write fantasy novels because there's no science that supports anything you're saying.

And in infinite infinities, you will most definately be replicated in consciousness, and wake up some time in the future perhaps realising and perhaps unknowlingly as a harry and very smelly pig. Now accept it or accept Christ and get saved. Now stop procrastinating and do what is intellectually "better". No faith in your older years is psychologically dangerous and lacking any type of victory, but due to infinity knowledge that you now are accountable for knowledgewise, the spirit can guide you intellectually or spiritually to a victorious belief instead of a defeating belief in absolutely nothing. Considering death your victory is no victory at all. Consider the much "better" choice that comes with reward. Be the head and not the tail.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 10:11:09 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 10:08:59 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/14/2015 6:41:56 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/14/2015 6:38:52 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If a process can evolve things into greater and greater entities, in infinite time, spirits must exist based on the laws of infinity. It is a mathematical fallacy to say advanced beings, spirits, or even a god do not, never have, and never will exist. If time travel is possible, then the historical thought of the one in control of time travel could be erased from history, written as they want it, or blocked from being findable. Advanced beings, spirits, or God must exist based on probability and infinity aws alone.

You should write fantasy novels because there's no science that supports anything you're saying.

And in infinite infinities, you will most definately be replicated in consciousness, and wake up some time in the future perhaps realising and perhaps unknowlingly as a harry and very smelly pig. Now accept it or accept Christ and get saved. Now stop procrastinating and do what is intellectually "better". No faith in your older years is psychologically dangerous and lacking any type of victory, but due to infinity knowledge that you now are accountable for knowledgewise, the spirit can guide you intellectually or spiritually to a victorious belief instead of a defeating belief in absolutely nothing. Considering death your victory is no victory at all. Consider the much "better" choice that comes with reward. Be the head and not the tail.

I can see this has degenerated into a very bad attempt to somehow frighten me into something, preaching instead of discussion. On that note I take my leave of this thread.
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 10:11:26 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 10:08:33 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/14/2015 10:01:53 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/14/2015 9:54:42 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/14/2015 9:43:57 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
A spirit isn't really a very far reaching technological concept.

A spirit would be the stored information that makes you "you", moved from your current hard drive(the human brain) into a more efficient and possibly energy based host. If this were a Matrixlike reality, spirits would simply a programmed character manifestation with a medium construct like any character in a virtual reality simulation or video game. Simple construct ideas. And how much more is possible than that? Infinite amounts...

Time is not infinite. It had a beginning and its end will be the end of the universe when it reaches complete heat death and becomes a homogeneous mass of energyless particles in which nothing can happen. As noted, your rantings are incoherent and nonsensical.
Again, you should write this stuff down and sell it. Great story, no facts.

Infinity is a fact. Without it you cannot exist, otherwise the first thing came from absolutely nothing which is an intellectual blob of nonsense. Technological advancements are a fact. If Evolution is fact, then the evolving of beings over infinite time is unlimited, leading to unlimited beings of unlimited advancements over ours.

If time had a beginning and birthed everything then to argue "where did god come from" is nonsensical. He wouldn't need to come from anything based on your assessment.
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 10:12:34 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 10:11:09 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/14/2015 10:08:59 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/14/2015 6:41:56 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/14/2015 6:38:52 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If a process can evolve things into greater and greater entities, in infinite time, spirits must exist based on the laws of infinity. It is a mathematical fallacy to say advanced beings, spirits, or even a god do not, never have, and never will exist. If time travel is possible, then the historical thought of the one in control of time travel could be erased from history, written as they want it, or blocked from being findable. Advanced beings, spirits, or God must exist based on probability and infinity aws alone.

You should write fantasy novels because there's no science that supports anything you're saying.

And in infinite infinities, you will most definately be replicated in consciousness, and wake up some time in the future perhaps realising and perhaps unknowlingly as a harry and very smelly pig. Now accept it or accept Christ and get saved. Now stop procrastinating and do what is intellectually "better". No faith in your older years is psychologically dangerous and lacking any type of victory, but due to infinity knowledge that you now are accountable for knowledgewise, the spirit can guide you intellectually or spiritually to a victorious belief instead of a defeating belief in absolutely nothing. Considering death your victory is no victory at all. Consider the much "better" choice that comes with reward. Be the head and not the tail.

I can see this has degenerated into a very bad attempt to somehow frighten me into something, preaching instead of discussion. On that note I take my leave of this thread.

Hug me first dhardage.
Malsent
Posts: 29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 11:15:14 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 6:38:52 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If a process can evolve things into greater and greater entities, in infinite time, spirits must exist based on the laws of infinity. It is a mathematical fallacy to say advanced beings, spirits, or even a god do not, never have, and never will exist. If time travel is possible, then the historical thought of the one in control of time travel could be erased from history, written as they want it, or blocked from being findable. Advanced beings, spirits, or God must exist based on probability and infinity aws alone.

First, time is not infinite, it has a definite beginning with the big bang. Second, an infinite amount of time doesn't make the impossible possible--there's no such thing as a square circle regardless of how much time you have. Third, even if we were to accept your logic that would also mean that an equally or more powerful anti-god would have annihilated whatever god you're trying to posit and so I still have no reason to believe.
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 3:50:36 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 11:15:14 PM, Malsent wrote:
At 12/14/2015 6:38:52 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If a process can evolve things into greater and greater entities, in infinite time, spirits must exist based on the laws of infinity. It is a mathematical fallacy to say advanced beings, spirits, or even a god do not, never have, and never will exist. If time travel is possible, then the historical thought of the one in control of time travel could be erased from history, written as they want it, or blocked from being findable. Advanced beings, spirits, or God must exist based on probability and infinity aws alone.

First, time is not infinite, it has a definite beginning with the big bang. Second, an infinite amount of time doesn't make the impossible possible--there's no such thing as a square circle regardless of how much time you have. Third, even if we were to accept your logic that would also mean that an equally or more powerful anti-god would have annihilated whatever god you're trying to posit and so I still have no reason to believe.

Not really. It's a race to power first. Once someone crosses a certain threshold of knowledge and power, they would keep any threats from ever evolving anywhere near their level.

Do you even hear what you are saying? Time did not even exist but then boom! That makes absolutely zero sense. Based on your logic the first parent doesn't need time and isn't ruled by time. But then the turn around Atheist argument against God is"he can't exist without a mother" so to speak. So the universe doesn't need time or anything to give birth to it but God does. Madness...
Pollux
Posts: 241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 4:44:26 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Gritty worm, the universe is under no obligation to be reasonable. It Just is.

Yes, there was a hot and dense point that expanded. Time and other forces arise from that action of expansion.

Many truths are difficult to grasp. It's not easy to give up he idea that the earth goes around the sun when it certainly appears that the sun is going round the earth.

You can talk about something other than the Big Bang, but if you discuss it, you must realize that it's expansion generated time's arrow.