Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

If you meet God and it's too late...

Pollux
Posts: 241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 7:26:47 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/14/2015 7:20:12 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If you meet God after death, what do you say? "I thought you didn't exist?"

I'll explain that the most intelligent minds on the planet disagreed on his will and hid nature, all different believers of all different faiths MUST use the same chemistry and maths but could believe anything about God, and that the "holy scriptures" of various religions were contradictory and showed a childish and petulant God. Then I would ask why he couldn't be as obvious as gravity whole remaining just as mysterious.
Ramshutu
Posts: 4,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 7:32:03 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/14/2015 7:20:12 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If you meet God after death, what do you say? "I thought you didn't exist?"

I'd ask him given that he has created a universe where there is no evidence of his existence when viewed through an objective, logical and rational brain that he, allegedly gave me; and given that through no choice of my own, I haven't been given the ability to believe in him that other people have been given; why is me not having belief in him is absolutely unforgivable no matter how good a person I am as judged by him; yet I could have committed unspeakable acts, and pretty much have done what ever I wanted to the point where I could have been the most evil person on the planet and repented, and been forgiven.
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 7:42:14 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/14/2015 7:32:03 PM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 12/14/2015 7:20:12 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If you meet God after death, what do you say? "I thought you didn't exist?"

I'd ask him given that he has created a universe where there is no evidence of his existence when viewed through an objective, logical and rational brain that he, allegedly gave me; and given that through no choice of my own, I haven't been given the ability to believe in him that other people have been given; why is me not having belief in him is absolutely unforgivable no matter how good a person I am as judged by him; yet I could have committed unspeakable acts, and pretty much have done what ever I wanted to the point where I could have been the most evil person on the planet and repented, and been forgiven.

All humans are selfish and evil on some level, even the best of them.
Ramshutu
Posts: 4,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 7:44:05 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/14/2015 7:42:14 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/14/2015 7:32:03 PM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 12/14/2015 7:20:12 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If you meet God after death, what do you say? "I thought you didn't exist?"

I'd ask him given that he has created a universe where there is no evidence of his existence when viewed through an objective, logical and rational brain that he, allegedly gave me; and given that through no choice of my own, I haven't been given the ability to believe in him that other people have been given; why is me not having belief in him is absolutely unforgivable no matter how good a person I am as judged by him; yet I could have committed unspeakable acts, and pretty much have done what ever I wanted to the point where I could have been the most evil person on the planet and repented, and been forgiven.

All humans are selfish and evil on some level, even the best of them.

So?

That doesn't even matter to God; all that matters is if you believe in him.

What's up with that?
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 8:13:27 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/14/2015 7:44:05 PM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 12/14/2015 7:42:14 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/14/2015 7:32:03 PM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 12/14/2015 7:20:12 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If you meet God after death, what do you say? "I thought you didn't exist?"

I'd ask him given that he has created a universe where there is no evidence of his existence when viewed through an objective, logical and rational brain that he, allegedly gave me; and given that through no choice of my own, I haven't been given the ability to believe in him that other people have been given; why is me not having belief in him is absolutely unforgivable no matter how good a person I am as judged by him; yet I could have committed unspeakable acts, and pretty much have done what ever I wanted to the point where I could have been the most evil person on the planet and repented, and been forgiven.

All humans are selfish and evil on some level, even the best of them.

So?

That doesn't even matter to God; all that matters is if you believe in him.

What's up with that?

I have no idea where you get that. Even Satan and the demons believe in him.
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 8:14:33 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
Prophecy:

Revelation 20:4
I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God.

"ISIS beheads 21 Christians"

http://www.ijreview.com...

--

A few things the Bible says concerning the end of days and the condition of man:

2 Peter 3:4
They will say, "Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since our fathers' days, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation."

2 Peter 3:3
Knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires.

Matthew 24:6 - And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet

Matthew 24:7 - For nation shall rise against nation, and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Timothy 3:1 - 3:5
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof.

Psychiatrist says changes are evidence of society becoming 'more selfish'
It's" not just your imagination " young people really are getting ruder.

Today"s 18 to 34-year-olds are less likely to say hello to neighbours or open the door for the elderly than those aged over 55.

They are also more reluctant to give a cup of tea to builders or tip the postman at Christmas.

Proof: A study has shown that younger people are ruder, with those aged 18-34 less likely to open the door for the elderly or tip the postman at Christmas than those aged over 55
Research showed the age group were 23 per cent less likely, on average, to carry out common courtesies than over-55s.

Neighbours were ignored by nearly 35 per cent of the group compared with only 15 per cent of over-55s.

Youngsters were also 18 per cent less likely to open a door for a woman or an elderly person, 17 per cent less willing to give up their seat on public transport for a pregnant woman and 12 per cent less likely to offer it to an elderly passenger.

Selfish: Psychiatrist Dr Clive Sherlock said the changes in behaviour were evidence of society becoming more selfish and a 'lack of respect' and that technology was encouraging people to be more 'involved in themselves'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

--

Jesus hystorical?

The consensus among historians, even Atheist historians, is that Jesus did exist.

http://www.is-there-a-god.info...

http://www.strangenotions.com...

--

The Big Bang
So the very beginning of the universe remains pretty murky. Scientists think they can pick the story up at about 10 to the minus 36 seconds " one trillionth of a trillionth of a trillionth of a second " after the Big Bang.
At that point, they believe, the universe underwent an extremely brief and dramatic period of inflation, expanding faster than the speed of light. It doubled in size perhaps 100 times or more, all within the span of a few tiny fractions of a second.

http://m.space.com...

"The Biblical creation"

1)Genesis 1:3
Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.

2)Genesis 1:4
And God saw that the light was good. Then he separated the light from the darkness.

Isaiah 51:13
You have forgotten the LORD, your Maker, who stretched out the heavens and laid the foundations of the earth.

--

2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.

TEMPERATURES ARE RISING ACROSS THE U.S.
Temperatures from 2001 to 2012 were warmer than any previous decade in every region of the United States.

https://m.whitehouse.gov...
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 8:15:43 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/14/2015 7:32:03 PM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 12/14/2015 7:20:12 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If you meet God after death, what do you say? "I thought you didn't exist?"

I'd ask him given that he has created a universe where there is no evidence of his existence when viewed through an objective, logical and rational brain that he, allegedly gave me; and given that through no choice of my own, I haven't been given the ability to believe in him that other people have been given; why is me not having belief in him is absolutely unforgivable no matter how good a person I am as judged by him; yet I could have committed unspeakable acts, and pretty much have done what ever I wanted to the point where I could have been the most evil person on the planet and repented, and been forgiven.

No evidence? I assume you haven't looked specifically or you would know that isn't true.
12_13
Posts: 1,365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 9:37:24 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/14/2015 7:26:47 PM, Pollux wrote:
I'll explain that the most intelligent minds on the planet disagreed on his will and hid nature, all different believers of all different faiths MUST use the same chemistry and maths but could believe anything about God, and that the "holy scriptures" of various religions were contradictory and showed a childish and petulant God. Then I would ask why he couldn't be as obvious as gravity whole remaining just as mysterious.

If you say God is not obvious, how you define God? Do you know who or what God is?
Pollux
Posts: 241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 9:52:21 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/14/2015 9:37:24 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 12/14/2015 7:26:47 PM, Pollux wrote:
I'll explain that the most intelligent minds on the planet disagreed on his will and hid nature, all different believers of all different faiths MUST use the same chemistry and maths but could believe anything about God, and that the "holy scriptures" of various religions were contradictory and showed a childish and petulant God. Then I would ask why he couldn't be as obvious as gravity whole remaining just as mysterious.

If you say God is not obvious, how you define God? Do you know who or what God is?

Not able to be denied. Like gravity or chemistry.

Why does ISIS and Christian fundamentalist abortion clinic bombers use the same chemistry and mathematics yo build their bombs? Because they must. Why do they and other God believers disagree on God? Because they can.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 10:09:38 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/14/2015 7:20:12 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If you meet God after death, what do you say? "I thought you didn't exist?"

Where the hell were you and why did you let all that horrible stuff happen?
Ramshutu
Posts: 4,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 10:31:06 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/14/2015 8:15:43 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/14/2015 7:32:03 PM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 12/14/2015 7:20:12 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If you meet God after death, what do you say? "I thought you didn't exist?"

I'd ask him given that he has created a universe where there is no evidence of his existence when viewed through an objective, logical and rational brain that he, allegedly gave me; and given that through no choice of my own, I haven't been given the ability to believe in him that other people have been given; why is me not having belief in him is absolutely unforgivable no matter how good a person I am as judged by him; yet I could have committed unspeakable acts, and pretty much have done what ever I wanted to the point where I could have been the most evil person on the planet and repented, and been forgiven.

No evidence? I assume you haven't looked specifically or you would know that isn't true.

No, I just understand what evidence actually is.
Ramshutu
Posts: 4,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 10:32:43 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/14/2015 8:13:27 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/14/2015 7:44:05 PM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 12/14/2015 7:42:14 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/14/2015 7:32:03 PM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 12/14/2015 7:20:12 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If you meet God after death, what do you say? "I thought you didn't exist?"

I'd ask him given that he has created a universe where there is no evidence of his existence when viewed through an objective, logical and rational brain that he, allegedly gave me; and given that through no choice of my own, I haven't been given the ability to believe in him that other people have been given; why is me not having belief in him is absolutely unforgivable no matter how good a person I am as judged by him; yet I could have committed unspeakable acts, and pretty much have done what ever I wanted to the point where I could have been the most evil person on the planet and repented, and been forgiven.

All humans are selfish and evil on some level, even the best of them.

So?

That doesn't even matter to God; all that matters is if you believe in him.

What's up with that?

I have no idea where you get that. Even Satan and the demons believe in him.

Even a collection of characters to which you also have no evidence that they exist, that have personally met God believe he exists?

How is this an argument for anything at all?
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2015 10:35:38 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/14/2015 7:20:12 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If you meet God after death, what do you say? "I thought you didn't exist?"

The most common answer is to simply blame him.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,238
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 2:39:04 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/14/2015 8:13:27 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/14/2015 7:44:05 PM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 12/14/2015 7:42:14 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/14/2015 7:32:03 PM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 12/14/2015 7:20:12 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If you meet God after death, what do you say? "I thought you didn't exist?"

I'd ask him given that he has created a universe where there is no evidence of his existence when viewed through an objective, logical and rational brain that he, allegedly gave me; and given that through no choice of my own, I haven't been given the ability to believe in him that other people have been given; why is me not having belief in him is absolutely unforgivable no matter how good a person I am as judged by him; yet I could have committed unspeakable acts, and pretty much have done what ever I wanted to the point where I could have been the most evil person on the planet and repented, and been forgiven.

All humans are selfish and evil on some level, even the best of them.

So?

That doesn't even matter to God; all that matters is if you believe in him.

What's up with that?

I have no idea where you get that. Even Satan and the demons believe in him.

According to the source, they have a reason to. I however, don't.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
bulproof
Posts: 25,295
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 2:41:50 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/14/2015 7:20:12 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If you meet God after death, what do you say? "I thought you didn't exist?"
F&ck you really are a midget, no wonder you're such an angry little worm.
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 3:30:27 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/15/2015 2:41:50 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/14/2015 7:20:12 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If you meet God after death, what do you say? "I thought you didn't exist?"
F&ck you really are a midget, no wonder you're such an angry little worm.

I actually am a midget. How did you know that?
12_13
Posts: 1,365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 10:34:59 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 9:52:21 PM, Pollux wrote:
Not able to be denied. Like gravity or chemistry.

According to the Bible, God is love.

He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16

Do you know love? Do you believe love exists? Can love be denied?

Why does ISIS and Christian fundamentalist abortion clinic bombers ...

Who Christian abortion clinic bombers?
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 11:21:14 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 7:20:12 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If you meet God after death, what do you say? "I thought you didn't exist?"

The trouble with this whole what happens when you meet God line is that the God believer is operating on their conception of God. Its the same problem with Pascals wager.

Oh whats that God ? I didn't believe in a God who watches children die from starvation, disease, etc etc yet when a women has an abortion in the early stages of pregnancy suddenly it enrages you so much that you have a place of eternal fire to send her ?

A God who doesn't use their powers to say make the world any better than this survival of animal eating animals constant struggle just to live never mind quality of life yet if two adults of the same sex suddenly touch their giggly bits this will cause said God into action, a wrathful action of earthquakes, tsuamis and other such natural disasters ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
komododragon8
Posts: 405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 11:31:12 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/14/2015 7:20:12 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If you meet God after death, what do you say? "I thought you didn't exist?"

I'd ask him on simple question: What did the gays and women ever do to you?