Total Posts:48|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

I would of saved Jesus from being crucified.

Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 12:09:02 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Jesus was a great great person. I mean he cured people and helped people in need if you loved him or not he would not care. He would promote love and happiness to and for all. So if you seen this unspeakable horrible thing happening to him . You would try to help or save him at any cost right? So he can live on and spread the love . But no 1 did save him. How selfish. No one else could preform great miracles. I would want him around for as long as possible.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 12:21:44 PM
At 12/15/2015 12:09:02 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
Jesus was a great great person. I mean he cured people and helped people in need if you loved him or not he would not care. He would promote love and happiness to and for all. So if you seen this unspeakable horrible thing happening to him . You would try to help or save him at any cost right? So he can live on and spread the love . But no 1 did save him. How selfish. No one else could preform great miracles. I would want him around for as long as possible.

the gift to the world from his sacrifice was even greater than any works he did on the planet..
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 12:25:00 PM
At 12/15/2015 12:21:44 PM, graceofgod wrote:

the gift to the world from his sacrifice was even greater than any works he did on the planet..
I've just invented a time machine, will you go back and hammer the nails into an innocent man just so you can be saved from what your god has determined you deserve?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 12:29:29 PM
At 12/15/2015 12:25:00 PM, bulproof wrote:

I've just invented a time machine, will you go back and hammer the nails into an innocent man just so you can be saved from what your god has determined you deserve?

what Jesus did was for all mankind, it was the way for all to gain salvation, even if a disciple got in the way of his plan he said get behind me satan..
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 12:37:42 PM
At 12/15/2015 12:29:29 PM, graceofgod wrote:

what Jesus did was for all mankind, it was the way for all to gain salvation, even if a disciple got in the way of his plan he said get behind me satan..
So you wouldn't do it, but you will cowardly accept the alleged benefit, how do you live with yourself?
He told his god he didn't want to do it allegedly, he allegedly told satan to get behind him and there was no-one there to record it. You seem confused.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 12:39:41 PM
The title should read "I would HAVE"
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 12:49:02 PM
At 12/15/2015 12:37:42 PM, bulproof wrote:

So you wouldn't do it, but you will cowardly accept the alleged benefit, how do you live with yourself?
He told his god he didn't want to do it allegedly, he allegedly told satan to get behind him and there was no-one there to record it. You seem confused.

I gratefully accept hat he has done for all believers, you cowradly reject hat he did and chose to treat it with scorn...

he knew what it meant, yet he continued non the less...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 12:54:08 PM
At 12/15/2015 12:49:02 PM, graceofgod wrote:

I gratefully accept hat he has done for all believers, you cowradly reject hat he did and chose to treat it with scorn...

You are willing to accept the slaughter of an innocent man, demanded by your god, in order that the same god doesn't punish you for what he sentenced you to?
Do you recognise any of the obscenities involved in that scenario?
I'm betting NO.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 1:02:23 PM
So kids next time you see someone being beat , bashed, or torched. Don't step in
They could just be forfilling a prophesy. And they might be doing it for you and all of us.
Get your phones out.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 1:40:55 PM

It is highly unlikely the stories surrounding that guy Jesus had any credibility. They were written years after he was a rotted corpse somewhere in the Middle East. No one deserved the sort of death he suffered, even if he was a pain in the backside where the religious authorities of that tine were concerned.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 1:46:00 PM
At 12/15/2015 1:40:55 PM, JJ50 wrote:

It is highly unlikely the stories surrounding that guy Jesus had any credibility. They were written years after he was a rotted corpse somewhere in the Middle East. No one deserved the sort of death he suffered, even if he was a pain in the backside where the religious authorities of that tine were concerned.

At that time a lot of people were punished like that, if it happened it's nothing special.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 1:49:26 PM
At 12/15/2015 1:46:00 PM, bulproof wrote:

At that time a lot of people were punished like that, if it happened it's nothing special.

The death of Jesus was certainly no worse than that of anyone else who was crucified. However, if the resurrection myth was true, then at least he got to pop up alive three days later unlike all the others who were killed!
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 2:35:05 PM
Let's say I saved him. And he lived 30 more years then died of old age. Would he still be reserected . Would you guys have a frail looking Jesus in a bed at the entrance of churches. Maybe even a old Jesus on a bed necklace. Or maybe he might of had a fishing accident at the age of 42 I'm sure he would still rise from the dead. And you can have a ruffer looking Jesus wrapped in a net with fish in it at the front of your churches. Or on a necklace. It's not to appealing hey? Let's go with a 33 year old being nailed to a cross. The so called shock and ore factor. Yeah that will sell. Well we won't give him a natural death it's some what non appealing. I'll give you Christian points . It really is beautiful smart great story. I'm starting to understand the greatness of having your lead character go through what he did. Good game guys good game. If I was a half wit or mildly retarded I'd belive in it for sure.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 2:37:58 PM

Peter did try and stop his death. He tried to convince him that he didn't need to die of which Jesus replied,"Be behind me Satan. For you savor the things of man and not the things of God."

When the soldiers came to arrest Jesus, Peter drew his sword and cut a soldiers ear off. Jeus' response was to back Peter off and heal the soldier.

The point? You couldn't have stopped his death. He willingly gave up his life and resisted any attempts to convince him otherwise or even attempts to protect him.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 2:39:40 PM
At 12/15/2015 1:49:26 PM, JJ50 wrote:
At 12/15/2015 1:46:00 PM, bulproof wrote:

The death of Jesus was certainly no worse than that of anyone else who was crucified. However, if the resurrection myth was true, then at least he got to pop up alive three days later unlike all the others who were killed!
Perhaps you mean 3 thousand years since a day is, to who ever wants to f%ck with it is, a thousand years?
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 2:40:58 PM
At 12/15/2015 12:54:08 PM, bulproof wrote:

You are willing to accept the slaughter of an innocent man, demanded by your god, in order that the same god doesn't punish you for what he sentenced you to?
I'm betting NO.

Lol, I'm willing to accept that by my actions I do not deserve to spend eternity with God but through the sacrifice of Jesus he made a way for my wrongs to be forgiven...
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 3:23:28 PM
At 12/15/2015 12:39:41 PM, bulproof wrote:

... and that was only the beginning of the grammatical errors. I'm going to run for office on here and make everyone take an online IQ test. Once the scores are in, we won't have names: we'll have numbers.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 3:28:33 PM
At 12/15/2015 3:23:28 PM, annanicole wrote:

... and that was only the beginning of the grammatical errors. I'm going to run for office on here and make everyone take an online IQ test. Once the scores are in, we won't have names: we'll have numbers.

And no one left.
He who is without grammatical sin, cast the first stone.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 3:36:45 PM
At 12/15/2015 3:28:33 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:

And no one left.

Oh, I don't mind a "grammatical sin" occasionally. I commit them myself. What I mind is illiteracy. Here's an example from the OP:

"So if you seen this unspeakable horrible thing happening to him . You would try to help or save him at any cost right?"

That's ridiculous.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 3:53:48 PM
At 12/15/2015 3:36:45 PM, annanicole wrote:

And no one left.

Oh, I don't mind a "grammatical sin" occasionally. I commit them myself. What I mind is illiteracy. Here's an example from the OP:

"So if you seen this unspeakable horrible thing happening to him . You would try to help or save him at any cost right?"

That's ridiculous.
Annie sometimes you are Super Annie at "ludicrous speed."(spaceballs)
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 3:58:43 PM
At 12/15/2015 2:40:58 PM, graceofgod wrote:

I'm betting NO.

Lol, I'm willing to accept that by my actions I do not deserve to spend eternity with God but through the sacrifice of Jesus he made a way for my wrongs to be forgiven...
So you are prepared to have an innocent man take the punishment that you deserve and you are happy to accept that atrocity for the redemption of your sins.
You are such a pathetic coward aren't you?
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 4:05:22 PM
At 12/15/2015 3:58:43 PM, bulproof wrote:

I'm betting NO.

So you are prepared to have an innocent man take the punishment that you deserve and you are happy to accept that atrocity for the redemption of your sins.

I am happy to accept the only sacrifice that would allow me to spend eternity with God, yes just as God planned it...
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 4:07:26 PM
At 12/15/2015 3:36:45 PM, annanicole wrote:

And no one left.

That's ridiculous.

Sorry about that Anna. Sorry . That makes me think I should not post anymore. ouch.
I will spend more time over it . I have to spend 5 minutes over this 1. Like that word just then . minutes . That took me oh 1.32 minutes. Minutes I've now learned that one. His a funny little word that 1 hey . I mean that looks nothing like it. Min utes. Crazy crazy world this . Um ok . Now 14.23 MINUTES. I got it . It's just min then I pause utes. This is going to be a easy . Then 1 day I'll learn the correct placement for these little beauties. ! " , . Min utes.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 4:12:46 PM
At 12/15/2015 4:05:22 PM, graceofgod wrote:

I'm betting NO.

I am happy to accept the only sacrifice that would allow me to spend eternity with God, yes just as God planned it...

So when did your god plan to have a human sacrifice? Remembering that your god is omniscient.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 4:27:08 PM
At 12/15/2015 4:12:46 PM, bulproof wrote:

I'm betting NO.

So when did your god plan to have a human sacrifice? Remembering that your god is omniscient.

right from the off, ...
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 5:34:04 PM
At 12/15/2015 4:27:08 PM, graceofgod wrote:

I'm betting NO.

right from the off, ...

The Jesus stories are my favorite out of all the religions. Is the other one you guys got. God . Has he got any good moves? Is god and Jesus the same bloke. . ? OR just good mates. Anyway . Me not knowing how to spell much , and you guys with ya great lord Jesus and the god . Ain't that different.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 5:43:57 PM
At 12/15/2015 5:34:04 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

I'm betting NO.

right from the off, ...

The Jesus stories are my favorite out of all the religions. Is the other one you guys got. God . Has he got any good moves? Is god and Jesus the same bloke. . ? OR just good mates. Anyway . Me not knowing how to spell much , and you guys with ya great lord Jesus and the god . Ain't that different.

Try Loki or Rama, loads more laughs.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 7:15:52 PM

Maybe if you actually read what Jesus said, you might not be so misguided. If you did not love Jesus more than your parents you were not worthy of him. Jesus was abated if the traditional family after he discovered he was an illegitimate child and Joseph was not his real father.

Matthew 10: 34 "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.
35 For I have come to turn ""a man against his father, a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law"
36 a man"s enemies will be the members of his own household."[c]
37 "Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 7:35:51 PM
Jesus was a great great person. I mean he cured people and helped people in need if you loved him or not he would not care.
So, you'd have saved Jesus from a cruel, barbaric, tortuous, oppressive capital punishment because he was especially good?

I'm wondering if you might've missed some of his early work on compassion.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 6:19:45 AM

I'm betting NO.

right from the off, ...
So the whole garden charade was just so your god had an excuse for the bloody human sacrifice he had planned.
Worship me, I'm nowhere near as dishonest or bloodthirsty.