Total Posts:58|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Are you angry enough to be on debate.org?

GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 3:34:13 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Are you angry enough to fit in on the religious forum of debate.org? If you are, quit being a wussbag and prove it now. Hurl insults, inflict damage, smash, hit, claw, bite. Whatever you need to do. Just get it all expressed on this thread. Vent it out of your mind, so that you can perhaps calmly go on about the rest of your debating in a calmer state of mind.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 3:57:20 PM
At 12/15/2015 3:34:13 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Are you angry enough to fit in on the religious forum of debate.org? If you are, quit being a wussbag and prove it now. Hurl insults, inflict damage, smash, hit, claw, bite. Whatever you need to do. Just get it all expressed on this thread. Vent it out of your mind, so that you can perhaps calmly go on about the rest of your debating in a calmer state of mind.

..and a good day to you as well.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 4:00:26 PM
You have no need of stupid pills I see.
Good for you.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 5:14:50 PM

Is the therapist who gave you this advice a qualified doctor?
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 6:00:11 PM

Dude, you really need to go somewhere quiet and chill.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 7:20:28 PM

Are you a Christian living in a Jewish/Muslim neighbourhood?
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 7:30:17 PM

I don't personally think that a topic meant to help humans understand themselves, the world they live in, and build a more effective, sustainable, just morality is well-served by anger, vilification, closed-mindedness and insult.

I think anyone who hopes their faith or life-philosophy is improving them, has no better opportunity to demonstrate this than whenever they encounter dissenting views.

It's my hope that even at my most acerbic and critical, members can know -- or at least guess -- that their happiness, fulfillment and dignity as a human being is no less important to me than my own.

But it's just like a smelly Christian to overlook all this, so nyah.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 8:35:39 PM
At 12/15/2015 7:20:28 PM, Harikrish wrote:

I dont know hari, am I?
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 8:36:56 PM
At 12/15/2015 6:00:11 PM, dhardage wrote:

Dude, you really need to go somewhere quiet and chill.

Just like you do?
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 8:38:33 PM
At 12/15/2015 7:30:17 PM, RuvDraba wrote:

I don't personally think that a topic meant to help humans understand themselves, the world they live in, and build a more effective, sustainable, just morality is well-served by anger, vilification, closed-mindedness and insult.

I think anyone who hopes their faith or life-philosophy is improving them, has no better opportunity to demonstrate this than whenever they encounter dissenting views.

It's my hope that even at my most acerbic and critical, members can know -- or at least guess -- that their happiness, fulfillment and dignity as a human being is no less important to me than my own.

At least you got the "smelly christian" out of you. Are you a bigot?
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 8:38:40 PM

Are you the angry one? Are you projecting?
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 8:40:57 PM
At 12/15/2015 8:38:40 PM, janesix wrote:

Are you the angry one? Are you projecting?

Of course I am. Just like you.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 8:44:16 PM
At 12/15/2015 8:43:08 PM, Pollux wrote:
"Most boring thread of the year" award candidate?

Sure. Anything else?
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 8:44:28 PM
At 12/15/2015 8:38:33 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:

I hope to become one, Gritty. I'd like to graduate from ignorant to biased, prejudiced, narrow-minded, then bigoted if I could.

Humans strike me as being generally helpless anyway. It takes real effort to develop any agency, and then you just get old and frail anyway, even as time exposes your ignorance.

Yet for all their ignorance and abject helplessness, bigots seem fundamentally happy people. After all, whatever goes wrong, it's always someone else's fault. That ought to make for a blameless, self-satisfied life.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 8:44:55 PM
At 12/15/2015 8:35:39 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:

I dont know hari, am I?
Being the only uncircumcised male in the neighbourhood might make you want to vent out. But at 65 does anyone really care why you had it covered for so long?
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 8:52:00 PM
At 12/15/2015 4:00:26 PM, bulproof wrote:
Good for you.

I might take one if you hadn't consumed the entire bottle. How many profiles do you have anyway? Does your teacher know what you're up to?
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 10:10:20 PM
At 12/15/2015 8:44:55 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 12/15/2015 8:35:39 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:

I dont know hari, am I?
Being the only uncircumcised male in the neighbourhood might make you want to vent out. But at 65 does anyone really care why you had it covered for so long?

That's it. Get your homosexual rage out now while you are on the appropriate thread.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 10:11:44 PM
At 12/15/2015 8:44:28 PM, RuvDraba wrote:

I hope to become one, Gritty. I'd like to graduate from ignorant to biased, prejudiced, narrow-minded, then bigoted if I could.

Humans strike me as being generally helpless anyway. It takes real effort to develop any agency, and then you just get old and frail anyway, even as time exposes your ignorance.

Yet for all their ignorance and abject helplessness, bigots seem fundamentally happy people. After all, whatever goes wrong, it's always someone else's fault. That ought to make for a blameless, self-satisfied life.

So you are a helpless, happy bigot.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 10:29:57 PM
At 12/15/2015 10:11:44 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:

No, it's premature to claim that yet. That's what I aspire to be.

First, I have to stop trying to be effective, accountable, informed, reasonable and halfway kind.

Then I need to become entitled, scared, intellectually isolated and emotionally dependent. Then I can hope to progress from ignorant, through biased, prejudiced, and narrow-minded, to full-blown self-satisfied, ineffective, contemptuous bigotry.

Wish me luck, Gritty! This will be no easy road!
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 11:30:38 PM
At 12/15/2015 10:29:57 PM, RuvDraba wrote:

First, I have to stop trying to be effective, accountable, informed, reasonable and halfway kind.

Then I need to become entitled, scared, intellectually isolated and emotionally dependent. Then I can hope to progress from ignorant, through biased, prejudiced, and narrow-minded, to full-blown self-satisfied, ineffective, contemptuous bigotry.

It can be easy. Become or stay an Atheist and focus your energy on how much Christianity has destroyed your life, resent god but don't ever say he exists, and blame it all on Christisns while ignoring Islam at every ideological chance you get. This is Atheism at its finest. Be sure and vote for Hilkary so that ISIS' regn never ends.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 11:47:52 PM

Or better yet, make thread after thread about how bad the muslims are..................while being completely silent about issues like religious dogma over reason, the justification of using the "God" card to trump any objection or alternative proposition, that something should be believed no matter what because it is in a "holy text, lest ones own religion comes under fire.

In other words be a hypocrite, cry crocodile tears, but at the end of the day just a wolf in sheep clothing, or should we say religious zealout in putting on the disguise of reason.

You mad yet ?

MOOSE LIMBS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
ReformedPresbyterian72598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2015 11:54:17 PM

XD
You know I wonder why we waste soooo much time on here anyway. The people on here are like 60% antagonists(including weird/cultish members: BOG, whoever he is now).
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 1:36:01 AM
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 2:28:36 AM
At 12/15/2015 4:00:26 PM, bulproof wrote:
Good for you.

This is the first positive post I've seen from you in years. Why can't you be like this more often?
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 3:13:36 AM
At 12/15/2015 11:30:38 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:

It can be easy. Become or stay an Atheist and focus your energy on how much Christianity has destroyed your life, resent god but don't ever say he exists, and blame it all on Christisns while ignoring Islam at every ideological chance you get. This is Atheism at its finest. Be sure and vote for Hilkary so that ISIS' regn never ends.

Except... I don't think Christianity has destroyed my life. I think it's damaging Christian minds and morals though.

I don't resent an incoherent, irrelevant concept, Grittio, though I do object to anyone invoking it to claim authority over others.

And I don't at all ignore Islam. I suspect both it and Christianity need to be dismantled together. Anything else may be suicidal.

I also cant vote for Hilkary because: a) I'm not a US citizen, and b) I don't think that's the name of a real person.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 5:11:18 AM
At 12/16/2015 3:13:36 AM, RuvDraba wrote:

Except... I don't think Christianity has destroyed my life. I think it's damaging Christian minds and morals though.

I don't resent an incoherent, irrelevant concept, Grittio, though I do object to anyone invoking it to claim authority over others.

And I don't at all ignore Islam. I suspect both it and Christianity need to be dismantled together. Anything else may be suicidal.

I also cant vote for Hilkary because: a) I'm not a US citizen, and b) I don't think that's the name of a real person.

You don't seriously view Christianity and Islam as similar...

Islam vs. Christianity 101
1)Islam: Lying is permitted under taqiyya.
Christianity: lying is never permitted

2)Islam: sacrifices live animals on the Hajj.
Christianity: does not sacrifice animals period.

3)Islam: Allah is the "Great Deciever"
Christianity: God is truthful in everything

4)Islam: Unbelievers are infidels, pigs and dogs.
Christianity: Love your enemy.

5)Islam:Do not eat pork
Christianity: Eat anything

6)Islam: Muslims are "Slaves of Allah"
Christianity: We are free.

7)No "relationship with Allah. He is unapproachable.
Christianity: God loves us, is our Father, and wants a personal relationship with us.

8)Islam: hopefully Allah is merciful
Christianity: we are saved by God's grace.

Islam and Christianity are as closely related as Christianity and Atheism. Not much.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 5:21:09 AM
At 12/16/2015 3:13:36 AM, RuvDraba wrote:

Which part of Jesus' teachings is damaging minds and hurting morality?
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 5:22:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com...
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...