Total Posts:25|Showing Posts:1-25
Jump to topic:

How well do you know God?

MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 11:57:53 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
For a long time now I have been saying "You cannot truly love what you do not know" and all the while thinking I had coined it.

Well apparently not. Apparently it comes from a book by St Bernard of Clairvaux, a "Commentary on the Song of Songs".

However notwithstanding its Apostate source it remains true.

Christ exhorted his followers to "Love Jehovah with your whole heart, you whole mind and your whole being", hence we get the expression "whole souled", but can we if we do not even know him?

How can we get to know him in the way that his son does, millennia before he came to earth to occupy the body of Jesus and become the Christ or Messiah?

It is in fact remarkably easy but dies demand a lot of trust of faith in other words. James 1:5-8.

Peter assures us that if we draw close to Jehovah, or attempt to, he will draw close to us also, though as scripture assures us he is, in truth, not far away from each one of us.

But when you get to know someone, a human friends, what is one of the very first things we learn about them?

Why, it is their name of course.

Once we know their name we have a "hook" on which to hang everything we learn about them.

It is no different with God, first we need to know his name, Jehovah.

Then we need to study his word in depth so we can learn of his qualities of Love Wisdom

Justice and Mercy, qualities he has demonstrated, most especially towards those who love him, throughout the history the Bible describes.

In fact Jesus made knowledge of his father, Jehovah, a condition of gaining eternal life (John 17:3).

That is why his greatest enemy, the one who made himself into a Satan and a Devil, has done all he can to draw attention away from that great name by having if removed from, or replaced in as many places in scripture as he could influence his own followers to do so. Hence we have so many dishonest translations.

Jesus however bore Witness to that name (John 17:6; Revelation 3:14).

His true followers now do the same, not only by using that name but by bearing it. Hence they are called Jehovah's Witnesses, because like their King, Christ, that is exactly what they are and do.

Of course a very important way we have of making it easier to get to know Jehovah is by getting to know his son who imitates him perfectly, as Paul explains at 1 Corinthians 2:12-16.

Do you know Gods name. or do you allow Satan to pull the wool over your eyes and hide it from you?
janesix
Posts: 3,437
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 8:01:48 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/16/2015 11:57:53 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
For a long time now I have been saying "You cannot truly love what you do not know" and all the while thinking I had coined it.

Well apparently not. Apparently it comes from a book by St Bernard of Clairvaux, a "Commentary on the Song of Songs".

However notwithstanding its Apostate source it remains true.

Christ exhorted his followers to "Love Jehovah with your whole heart, you whole mind and your whole being", hence we get the expression "whole souled", but can we if we do not even know him?

How can we get to know him in the way that his son does, millennia before he came to earth to occupy the body of Jesus and become the Christ or Messiah?

It is in fact remarkably easy but dies demand a lot of trust of faith in other words. James 1:5-8.

Peter assures us that if we draw close to Jehovah, or attempt to, he will draw close to us also, though as scripture assures us he is, in truth, not far away from each one of us.

But when you get to know someone, a human friends, what is one of the very first things we learn about them?

Why, it is their name of course.

Once we know their name we have a "hook" on which to hang everything we learn about them.

It is no different with God, first we need to know his name, Jehovah.

Then we need to study his word in depth so we can learn of his qualities of Love Wisdom

Justice and Mercy, qualities he has demonstrated, most especially towards those who love him, throughout the history the Bible describes.

In fact Jesus made knowledge of his father, Jehovah, a condition of gaining eternal life (John 17:3).

That is why his greatest enemy, the one who made himself into a Satan and a Devil, has done all he can to draw attention away from that great name by having if removed from, or replaced in as many places in scripture as he could influence his own followers to do so. Hence we have so many dishonest translations.

Jesus however bore Witness to that name (John 17:6; Revelation 3:14).

His true followers now do the same, not only by using that name but by bearing it. Hence they are called Jehovah's Witnesses, because like their King, Christ, that is exactly what they are and do.

Of course a very important way we have of making it easier to get to know Jehovah is by getting to know his son who imitates him perfectly, as Paul explains at 1 Corinthians 2:12-16.

Do you know Gods name. or do you allow Satan to pull the wool over your eyes and hide it from you?

You have to pick through the Bible with a fine-toothed comb to find any qualities of love and wisdom, through all the genocide, infanticide and hate.
Pollux
Posts: 241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 8:07:07 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
All I see is arrogance from you, from your words professing to know something which is immeasurable, and from the qualities you attribute to your god.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 8:42:30 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/16/2015 8:07:07 PM, Pollux wrote:
All I see is arrogance from you, from your words professing to know something which is immeasurable, and from the qualities you attribute to your god.

I am sorry you see what is in fact honesty as arrogance.

You claim he is immeasurable. I know he is not, nor does he wish to be.

I am 100% behind the Apostle Paul who declared that those who do not see Jehovah's invisible qualities reflected in the creation they live amongst are completely inexcusable.

However I am sure that Christ and the Apostles were treated to just the same criticism.

What we know, we know, and we do so thanks to a loving God who has provided ways for us to get to know him, not the least of which is the BIble.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 8:47:45 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/16/2015 11:57:53 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
For a long time now I have been saying "You cannot truly love what you do not know" and all the while thinking I had coined it.

Well apparently not. Apparently it comes from a book by St Bernard of Clairvaux, a "Commentary on the Song of Songs".

However notwithstanding its Apostate source it remains true.

Christ exhorted his followers to "Love Jehovah with your whole heart, you whole mind and your whole being", hence we get the expression "whole souled", but can we if we do not even know him?

How can we get to know him in the way that his son does, millennia before he came to earth to occupy the body of Jesus and become the Christ or Messiah?

It is in fact remarkably easy but dies demand a lot of trust of faith in other words. James 1:5-8.

Peter assures us that if we draw close to Jehovah, or attempt to, he will draw close to us also, though as scripture assures us he is, in truth, not far away from each one of us.

But when you get to know someone, a human friends, what is one of the very first things we learn about them?

Why, it is their name of course.

Once we know their name we have a "hook" on which to hang everything we learn about them.

It is no different with God, first we need to know his name, Jehovah.

Then we need to study his word in depth so we can learn of his qualities of Love Wisdom

Justice and Mercy, qualities he has demonstrated, most especially towards those who love him, throughout the history the Bible describes.

In fact Jesus made knowledge of his father, Jehovah, a condition of gaining eternal life (John 17:3).

That is why his greatest enemy, the one who made himself into a Satan and a Devil, has done all he can to draw attention away from that great name by having if removed from, or replaced in as many places in scripture as he could influence his own followers to do so. Hence we have so many dishonest translations.

Jesus however bore Witness to that name (John 17:6; Revelation 3:14).

His true followers now do the same, not only by using that name but by bearing it. Hence they are called Jehovah's Witnesses, because like their King, Christ, that is exactly what they are and do.

Of course a very important way we have of making it easier to get to know Jehovah is by getting to know his son who imitates him perfectly, as Paul explains at 1 Corinthians 2:12-16.

Do you know Gods name. or do you allow Satan to pull the wool over your eyes and hide it from you?

Do you know my name MCB ?
I AM that I AM yet you do not know me at all.

The word Jehovah is an English translation for the Hebrew Tetragammaton which is not a name but a set of letters which are so holy in Hebrew the Jews respectfully make no attempt to pronounce them. Yet English speaking people have the audacity to attempt to pronounce the letters and make as the name as meaningless as the names Bill, John or Fred.

https://en.wikipedia.org...

http://www.compellingtruth.org...
The Jewish Mishnah (a book of early Jewish traditions) even states, "He who pronounces the Name with its own letters has no part in the world to come!"
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 8:51:01 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/16/2015 8:01:48 PM, janesix wrote:
At 12/16/2015 11:57:53 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
For a long time now I have been saying "You cannot truly love what you do not know" and all the while thinking I had coined it.

Well apparently not. Apparently it comes from a book by St Bernard of Clairvaux, a "Commentary on the Song of Songs".

However notwithstanding its Apostate source it remains true.

Christ exhorted his followers to "Love Jehovah with your whole heart, you whole mind and your whole being", hence we get the expression "whole souled", but can we if we do not even know him?

How can we get to know him in the way that his son does, millennia before he came to earth to occupy the body of Jesus and become the Christ or Messiah?

It is in fact remarkably easy but dies demand a lot of trust of faith in other words. James 1:5-8.

Peter assures us that if we draw close to Jehovah, or attempt to, he will draw close to us also, though as scripture assures us he is, in truth, not far away from each one of us.

But when you get to know someone, a human friends, what is one of the very first things we learn about them?

Why, it is their name of course.

Once we know their name we have a "hook" on which to hang everything we learn about them.

It is no different with God, first we need to know his name, Jehovah.

Then we need to study his word in depth so we can learn of his qualities of Love Wisdom

Justice and Mercy, qualities he has demonstrated, most especially towards those who love him, throughout the history the Bible describes.

In fact Jesus made knowledge of his father, Jehovah, a condition of gaining eternal life (John 17:3).

That is why his greatest enemy, the one who made himself into a Satan and a Devil, has done all he can to draw attention away from that great name by having if removed from, or replaced in as many places in scripture as he could influence his own followers to do so. Hence we have so many dishonest translations.

Jesus however bore Witness to that name (John 17:6; Revelation 3:14).

His true followers now do the same, not only by using that name but by bearing it. Hence they are called Jehovah's Witnesses, because like their King, Christ, that is exactly what they are and do.

Of course a very important way we have of making it easier to get to know Jehovah is by getting to know his son who imitates him perfectly, as Paul explains at 1 Corinthians 2:12-16.

Do you know Gods name. or do you allow Satan to pull the wool over your eyes and hide it from you?

You have to pick through the Bible with a fine-toothed comb to find any qualities of love and wisdom, through all the genocide, infanticide and hate.

That is entirely untrue.

What you see as genocide, infanticide and hate, those who know Jehovah see his loving protection of his people from those who would harm them.

It is truly said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and so is negativity. You look on what you read with negative eyes, not bothering to see the truth behind it all. That is your weakness ,not Jehovah's.

You also ignore the fact that behind what you see as genocide and hate there are two safeguards which give a way out to all those affected negatively by it.

All of ISrael's enemies had three options.

They could simply leave Israel alone.

They could join in with Israel, either as individual such as Rahab did, or as entire nations as the Gibeonites did.

Or they could die.

Even behind that last option there is the loving provision of a resurrection into immeasurably better circumstances they they could ever have known whilst alive.

Yes indeed, those who take the trouble to get to know him do see a wise loving, just and merciful God.

Those who fail to recognise this have only themselves to blame.

As the French would say Honi Soit Qui Mal Epense. (Evil be he who evil thinks). You think evil of our loving creator, what does that say about you?
janesix
Posts: 3,437
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 8:55:52 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/16/2015 8:51:01 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/16/2015 8:01:48 PM, janesix wrote:
At 12/16/2015 11:57:53 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
For a long time now I have been saying "You cannot truly love what you do not know" and all the while thinking I had coined it.

Well apparently not. Apparently it comes from a book by St Bernard of Clairvaux, a "Commentary on the Song of Songs".

However notwithstanding its Apostate source it remains true.

Christ exhorted his followers to "Love Jehovah with your whole heart, you whole mind and your whole being", hence we get the expression "whole souled", but can we if we do not even know him?

How can we get to know him in the way that his son does, millennia before he came to earth to occupy the body of Jesus and become the Christ or Messiah?

It is in fact remarkably easy but dies demand a lot of trust of faith in other words. James 1:5-8.

Peter assures us that if we draw close to Jehovah, or attempt to, he will draw close to us also, though as scripture assures us he is, in truth, not far away from each one of us.

But when you get to know someone, a human friends, what is one of the very first things we learn about them?

Why, it is their name of course.

Once we know their name we have a "hook" on which to hang everything we learn about them.

It is no different with God, first we need to know his name, Jehovah.

Then we need to study his word in depth so we can learn of his qualities of Love Wisdom

Justice and Mercy, qualities he has demonstrated, most especially towards those who love him, throughout the history the Bible describes.

In fact Jesus made knowledge of his father, Jehovah, a condition of gaining eternal life (John 17:3).

That is why his greatest enemy, the one who made himself into a Satan and a Devil, has done all he can to draw attention away from that great name by having if removed from, or replaced in as many places in scripture as he could influence his own followers to do so. Hence we have so many dishonest translations.

Jesus however bore Witness to that name (John 17:6; Revelation 3:14).

His true followers now do the same, not only by using that name but by bearing it. Hence they are called Jehovah's Witnesses, because like their King, Christ, that is exactly what they are and do.

Of course a very important way we have of making it easier to get to know Jehovah is by getting to know his son who imitates him perfectly, as Paul explains at 1 Corinthians 2:12-16.

Do you know Gods name. or do you allow Satan to pull the wool over your eyes and hide it from you?

You have to pick through the Bible with a fine-toothed comb to find any qualities of love and wisdom, through all the genocide, infanticide and hate.

That is entirely untrue.

What you see as genocide, infanticide and hate, those who know Jehovah see his loving protection of his people from those who would harm them.

It is truly said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and so is negativity. You look on what you read with negative eyes, not bothering to see the truth behind it all. That is your weakness ,not Jehovah's.

You also ignore the fact that behind what you see as genocide and hate there are two safeguards which give a way out to all those affected negatively by it.

All of ISrael's enemies had three options.

They could simply leave Israel alone.

They could join in with Israel, either as individual such as Rahab did, or as entire nations as the Gibeonites did.

Or they could die.

Even behind that last option there is the loving provision of a resurrection into immeasurably better circumstances they they could ever have known whilst alive.

Yes indeed, those who take the trouble to get to know him do see a wise loving, just and merciful God.

Those who fail to recognise this have only themselves to blame.

As the French would say Honi Soit Qui Mal Epense. (Evil be he who evil thinks). You think evil of our loving creator, what does that say about you?

I am not the one who commits infanticide and genocide and approves of slavery and rape, like your loving Jehovah does.

Your Jehovah is not MY creator. You can adore a monster like that if you wish to.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 9:08:17 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/16/2015 8:47:45 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/16/2015 11:57:53 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
For a long time now I have been saying "You cannot truly love what you do not know" and all the while thinking I had coined it.

Well apparently not. Apparently it comes from a book by St Bernard of Clairvaux, a "Commentary on the Song of Songs".

However notwithstanding its Apostate source it remains true.

Christ exhorted his followers to "Love Jehovah with your whole heart, you whole mind and your whole being", hence we get the expression "whole souled", but can we if we do not even know him?

How can we get to know him in the way that his son does, millennia before he came to earth to occupy the body of Jesus and become the Christ or Messiah?

It is in fact remarkably easy but dies demand a lot of trust of faith in other words. James 1:5-8.

Peter assures us that if we draw close to Jehovah, or attempt to, he will draw close to us also, though as scripture assures us he is, in truth, not far away from each one of us.

But when you get to know someone, a human friends, what is one of the very first things we learn about them?

Why, it is their name of course.

Once we know their name we have a "hook" on which to hang everything we learn about them.

It is no different with God, first we need to know his name, Jehovah.

Then we need to study his word in depth so we can learn of his qualities of Love Wisdom

Justice and Mercy, qualities he has demonstrated, most especially towards those who love him, throughout the history the Bible describes.

In fact Jesus made knowledge of his father, Jehovah, a condition of gaining eternal life (John 17:3).

That is why his greatest enemy, the one who made himself into a Satan and a Devil, has done all he can to draw attention away from that great name by having if removed from, or replaced in as many places in scripture as he could influence his own followers to do so. Hence we have so many dishonest translations.

Jesus however bore Witness to that name (John 17:6; Revelation 3:14).

His true followers now do the same, not only by using that name but by bearing it. Hence they are called Jehovah's Witnesses, because like their King, Christ, that is exactly what they are and do.

Of course a very important way we have of making it easier to get to know Jehovah is by getting to know his son who imitates him perfectly, as Paul explains at 1 Corinthians 2:12-16.

Do you know Gods name. or do you allow Satan to pull the wool over your eyes and hide it from you?

Do you know my name MCB ?
I AM that I AM yet you do not know me at all.

The word Jehovah is an English translation for the Hebrew Tetragammaton which is not a name but a set of letters which are so holy in Hebrew the Jews respectfully make no attempt to pronounce them. Yet English speaking people have the audacity to attempt to pronounce the letters and make as the name as meaningless as the names Bill, John or Fred.

Oh the name is a long way from meaningless.

All names in the BIble, including that of God himself, carry a deep meaning. That is why God himself changed the names of so many of those who followed him to more descriptive ones, hence Saria became Sarah, Abram became Abraham and Saul bbecame Paul, to name but three.

It is however, as you say a collection of 3 Hebrew Characters, which can transliterate, according to your language as firstly I Y or J followed by H then either V or W, with H again taking up the rear.

That great name has a meaning which translates as a name which brings hope and joy. It is along the lines of "I shall become" or "I shall cause to become".

Whilst it is a hoy name it is not too holy to pronounce. That is a rather silly Jewish tradition.

Why else would Jehovah go to the trouble of teaching us his name unless he wishes us to use it?

In fact he commends us to use it, as the prophet Joel points out at Joel 2:32, and as both Peter and Paul remind is at acts 2:21 and Romans 10:13.

His is the only name in creation that we are commanded to call on for salvation, though it is true that the Salvation is only available because of his son's sacrifice.


https://en.wikipedia.org...

http://www.compellingtruth.org...
The Jewish Mishnah (a book of early Jewish traditions) even states, "He who pronounces the Name with its own letters has no part in the world to come!"

Yes. As you point out it comes from the Jewish Mishnah, a book, not of holy law but of human tradition, and what did Christ condemn the Jews for doing?

For following and promoting the traditions of men, including that tradition.

It is true that we have lost, along the way, just as Satan wanted us to, the true pronunciation of the name, thanks to that tradition borne of lies and apostasy, but Jehovah is a loving God and will be only too happy to accept our best efforts at his name. He does not expect the impossible of us, though I am sure that in due time we will once again be taught exactly how that name should be pronounced, since there will, in time, be a return to a common language and no hence more confusion.

It is not we who attempt as best we can to obey Jehovah who suffer from an overdose of temerity, it is those who try, as Satan wants them to, to hide that great and holy name, and prevent its use.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 9:10:57 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/16/2015 8:55:52 PM, janesix wrote:
At 12/16/2015 8:51:01 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/16/2015 8:01:48 PM, janesix wrote:
At 12/16/2015 11:57:53 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
For a long time now I have been saying "You cannot truly love what you do not know" and all the while thinking I had coined it.

Well apparently not. Apparently it comes from a book by St Bernard of Clairvaux, a "Commentary on the Song of Songs".

However notwithstanding its Apostate source it remains true.

Christ exhorted his followers to "Love Jehovah with your whole heart, you whole mind and your whole being", hence we get the expression "whole souled", but can we if we do not even know him?

How can we get to know him in the way that his son does, millennia before he came to earth to occupy the body of Jesus and become the Christ or Messiah?

It is in fact remarkably easy but dies demand a lot of trust of faith in other words. James 1:5-8.

Peter assures us that if we draw close to Jehovah, or attempt to, he will draw close to us also, though as scripture assures us he is, in truth, not far away from each one of us.

But when you get to know someone, a human friends, what is one of the very first things we learn about them?

Why, it is their name of course.

Once we know their name we have a "hook" on which to hang everything we learn about them.

It is no different with God, first we need to know his name, Jehovah.

Then we need to study his word in depth so we can learn of his qualities of Love Wisdom

Justice and Mercy, qualities he has demonstrated, most especially towards those who love him, throughout the history the Bible describes.

In fact Jesus made knowledge of his father, Jehovah, a condition of gaining eternal life (John 17:3).

That is why his greatest enemy, the one who made himself into a Satan and a Devil, has done all he can to draw attention away from that great name by having if removed from, or replaced in as many places in scripture as he could influence his own followers to do so. Hence we have so many dishonest translations.

Jesus however bore Witness to that name (John 17:6; Revelation 3:14).

His true followers now do the same, not only by using that name but by bearing it. Hence they are called Jehovah's Witnesses, because like their King, Christ, that is exactly what they are and do.

Of course a very important way we have of making it easier to get to know Jehovah is by getting to know his son who imitates him perfectly, as Paul explains at 1 Corinthians 2:12-16.

Do you know Gods name. or do you allow Satan to pull the wool over your eyes and hide it from you?

You have to pick through the Bible with a fine-toothed comb to find any qualities of love and wisdom, through all the genocide, infanticide and hate.

That is entirely untrue.

What you see as genocide, infanticide and hate, those who know Jehovah see his loving protection of his people from those who would harm them.

It is truly said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and so is negativity. You look on what you read with negative eyes, not bothering to see the truth behind it all. That is your weakness ,not Jehovah's.

You also ignore the fact that behind what you see as genocide and hate there are two safeguards which give a way out to all those affected negatively by it.

All of ISrael's enemies had three options.

They could simply leave Israel alone.

They could join in with Israel, either as individual such as Rahab did, or as entire nations as the Gibeonites did.

Or they could die.

Even behind that last option there is the loving provision of a resurrection into immeasurably better circumstances they they could ever have known whilst alive.

Yes indeed, those who take the trouble to get to know him do see a wise loving, just and merciful God.

Those who fail to recognise this have only themselves to blame.

As the French would say Honi Soit Qui Mal Epense. (Evil be he who evil thinks). You think evil of our loving creator, what does that say about you?

I am not the one who commits infanticide and genocide and approves of slavery and rape, like your loving Jehovah does.

No you simply interpret the loving protection of his people from their enemies in an evil way.


Your Jehovah is not MY creator. You can adore a monster like that if you wish to.

He is the creator of all of us, and it is those who speak against him who will be proven to be the monsters, since they side with the greatest of all monsters, Satan.

You are welcome to your negative, jaundiced view of our creator, I shall continue to see him precisely as he is.
graceofgod
Posts: 5,032
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 9:41:35 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/16/2015 11:57:53 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
For a long time now I have been saying "You cannot truly love what you do not know" and all the while thinking I had coined it.

Well apparently not. Apparently it comes from a book by St Bernard of Clairvaux, a "Commentary on the Song of Songs".

However notwithstanding its Apostate source it remains true.

Christ exhorted his followers to "Love Jehovah with your whole heart, you whole mind and your whole being", hence we get the expression "whole souled", but can we if we do not even know him?

How can we get to know him in the way that his son does, millennia before he came to earth to occupy the body of Jesus and become the Christ or Messiah?

It is in fact remarkably easy but dies demand a lot of trust of faith in other words. James 1:5-8.

Peter assures us that if we draw close to Jehovah, or attempt to, he will draw close to us also, though as scripture assures us he is, in truth, not far away from each one of us.

But when you get to know someone, a human friends, what is one of the very first things we learn about them?

Why, it is their name of course.

Once we know their name we have a "hook" on which to hang everything we learn about them.

It is no different with God, first we need to know his name, Jehovah.

Then we need to study his word in depth so we can learn of his qualities of Love Wisdom

Justice and Mercy, qualities he has demonstrated, most especially towards those who love him, throughout the history the Bible describes.

In fact Jesus made knowledge of his father, Jehovah, a condition of gaining eternal life (John 17:3).

That is why his greatest enemy, the one who made himself into a Satan and a Devil, has done all he can to draw attention away from that great name by having if removed from, or replaced in as many places in scripture as he could influence his own followers to do so. Hence we have so many dishonest translations.

Jesus however bore Witness to that name (John 17:6; Revelation 3:14).

His true followers now do the same, not only by using that name but by bearing it. Hence they are called Jehovah's Witnesses, because like their King, Christ, that is exactly what they are and do.

Of course a very important way we have of making it easier to get to know Jehovah is by getting to know his son who imitates him perfectly, as Paul explains at 1 Corinthians 2:12-16.

Do you know Gods name. or do you allow Satan to pull the wool over your eyes and hide it from you?

well enough to know the only way to the father is through his son Jesus, not the angel michael...
janesix
Posts: 3,437
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 9:45:49 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/16/2015 11:57:53 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
For a long time now I have been saying "You cannot truly love what you do not know" and all the while thinking I had coined it.

Well apparently not. Apparently it comes from a book by St Bernard of Clairvaux, a "Commentary on the Song of Songs".

However notwithstanding its Apostate source it remains true.

Christ exhorted his followers to "Love Jehovah with your whole heart, you whole mind and your whole being", hence we get the expression "whole souled", but can we if we do not even know him?

How can we get to know him in the way that his son does, millennia before he came to earth to occupy the body of Jesus and become the Christ or Messiah?

It is in fact remarkably easy but dies demand a lot of trust of faith in other words. James 1:5-8.

Peter assures us that if we draw close to Jehovah, or attempt to, he will draw close to us also, though as scripture assures us he is, in truth, not far away from each one of us.

But when you get to know someone, a human friends, what is one of the very first things we learn about them?

Why, it is their name of course.

Once we know their name we have a "hook" on which to hang everything we learn about them.

It is no different with God, first we need to know his name, Jehovah.

Then we need to study his word in depth so we can learn of his qualities of Love Wisdom

Justice and Mercy, qualities he has demonstrated, most especially towards those who love him, throughout the history the Bible describes.

In fact Jesus made knowledge of his father, Jehovah, a condition of gaining eternal life (John 17:3).

That is why his greatest enemy, the one who made himself into a Satan and a Devil, has done all he can to draw attention away from that great name by having if removed from, or replaced in as many places in scripture as he could influence his own followers to do so. Hence we have so many dishonest translations.

Jesus however bore Witness to that name (John 17:6; Revelation 3:14).

His true followers now do the same, not only by using that name but by bearing it. Hence they are called Jehovah's Witnesses, because like their King, Christ, that is exactly what they are and do.

Of course a very important way we have of making it easier to get to know Jehovah is by getting to know his son who imitates him perfectly, as Paul explains at 1 Corinthians 2:12-16.

Do you know Gods name. or do you allow Satan to pull the wool over your eyes and hide it from you?

You can't know God from a book.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2015 2:43:54 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/16/2015 9:08:17 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/16/2015 8:47:45 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/16/2015 11:57:53 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Do you know Gods name. or do you allow Satan to pull the wool over your eyes and hide it from you?

Do you know my name MCB ?
I AM that I AM yet you do not know me at all.

The word Jehovah is an English translation for the Hebrew Tetragammaton which is not a name but a set of letters which are so holy in Hebrew the Jews respectfully make no attempt to pronounce them. Yet English speaking people have the audacity to attempt to pronounce the letters and make as the name as meaningless as the names Bill, John or Fred.

Oh the name is a long way from meaningless.

Yes it means I AM that I AM. It is a verb which in English simply means "TO BE" and includes past present and future as portrayed by the words WAS and IS and IS TO COME. It refers to EXISTENCE itself not to some supernatural character who is separate from existence.

All names in the BIble, including that of God himself, carry a deep meaning. That is why God himself changed the names of so many of those who followed him to more descriptive ones, hence Saria became Sarah, Abram became Abraham and Saul bbecame Paul, to name but three.

It is however, as you say a collection of 3 Hebrew Characters, which can transliterate, according to your language as firstly I Y or J followed by H then either V or W, with H again taking up the rear.

That great name has a meaning which translates as a name which brings hope and joy. It is along the lines of "I shall become" or "I shall cause to become".

The concept is exactly the same as saying "Que Sera Sera" or "What will be will be"

Whilst it is a hoy name it is not too holy to pronounce. That is a rather silly Jewish tradition.

Any excuse will do as long as you can justify JW's and their "holier than thou attitudes" toward the rest of the world.

Why else would Jehovah go to the trouble of teaching us his name unless he wishes us to use it?

The bible does not teach that God has a particular name. "I AM that I AM" is not a name. It is a statement of being.

You can call me by the same name any time you wish since it also applies to me as well as to any other being in existence.

In fact he commends us to use it, as the prophet Joel points out at Joel 2:32, and as both Peter and Paul remind is at acts 2:21 and Romans 10:13.

His is the only name in creation that we are commanded to call on for salvation, though it is true that the Salvation is only available because of his son's sacrifice.

So you think there is some magic power in the name Jehovah and all you need to do is say the word like a magic spell and you get whatever your heart desires?
You don't even have a clue what you are saved from in the here and now. You live in a fantasy of being saved from Satan in the future.
You need salvation from that particular delusion.

https://en.wikipedia.org...

http://www.compellingtruth.org...
The Jewish Mishnah (a book of early Jewish traditions) even states, "He who pronounces the Name with its own letters has no part in the world to come!"

Yes. As you point out it comes from the Jewish Mishnah, a book, not of holy law but of human tradition, and what did Christ condemn the Jews for doing?

For following and promoting the traditions of men, including that tradition.

Sure MCB, feel free to believe whatever fits your delusions.
It really makes no difference since the tetragram can be applied to everything in existence that WAS and IS and IS TO COME.

It is true that we have lost, along the way, just as Satan wanted us to, the true pronunciation of the name, thanks to that tradition borne of lies and apostasy, but Jehovah is a loving God and will be only too happy to accept our best efforts at his name. He does not expect the impossible of us, though I am sure that in due time we will once again be taught exactly how that name should be pronounced, since there will, in time, be a return to a common language and no hence more confusion.

It is not the pronunciation of the name which is important. It is understanding what it means and what it refers to which is not to some supernatural character outside of creation. The symbols can be applied to all of existence in general, which includes past present and future existence for all eternity.

It is not we who attempt as best we can to obey Jehovah who suffer from an overdose of temerity, it is those who try, as Satan wants them to, to hide that great and holy name, and prevent its use.

It is not a magic word to be used like some spell or incantation. The word itself is powerless.
Doing anything in the name of Jehovah or in the name of God is no different to doing it in the name and nature of existence.
All existing things do what they do in the name and nature of existence.
Some people just like to chant words which they like to believe give them more imaginary authority than other words. Superstitious people believe certain words hold magical or supernatural powers.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 12:39:34 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/17/2015 2:43:54 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/16/2015 9:08:17 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/16/2015 8:47:45 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/16/2015 11:57:53 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Do you know Gods name. or do you allow Satan to pull the wool over your eyes and hide it from you?

Do you know my name MCB ?
I AM that I AM yet you do not know me at all.

The word Jehovah is an English translation for the Hebrew Tetragammaton which is not a name but a set of letters which are so holy in Hebrew the Jews respectfully make no attempt to pronounce them. Yet English speaking people have the audacity to attempt to pronounce the letters and make as the name as meaningless as the names Bill, John or Fred.

Oh the name is a long way from meaningless.

Yes it means I AM that I AM. It is a verb which in English simply means "TO BE" and includes past present and future as portrayed by the words WAS and IS and IS TO COME. It refers to EXISTENCE itself not to some supernatural character who is separate from existence.

All names in the BIble, including that of God himself, carry a deep meaning. That is why God himself changed the names of so many of those who followed him to more descriptive ones, hence Saria became Sarah, Abram became Abraham and Saul bbecame Paul, to name but three.

It is however, as you say a collection of 3 Hebrew Characters, which can transliterate, according to your language as firstly I Y or J followed by H then either V or W, with H again taking up the rear.

That great name has a meaning which translates as a name which brings hope and joy. It is along the lines of "I shall become" or "I shall cause to become".

The concept is exactly the same as saying "Que Sera Sera" or "What will be will be"

Whilst it is a hoy name it is not too holy to pronounce. That is a rather silly Jewish tradition.

Any excuse will do as long as you can justify JW's and their "holier than thou attitudes" toward the rest of the world.

Why else would Jehovah go to the trouble of teaching us his name unless he wishes us to use it?

The bible does not teach that God has a particular name. "I AM that I AM" is not a name. It is a statement of being.

You can call me by the same name any time you wish since it also applies to me as well as to any other being in existence.

In fact he commends us to use it, as the prophet Joel points out at Joel 2:32, and as both Peter and Paul remind is at acts 2:21 and Romans 10:13.

His is the only name in creation that we are commanded to call on for salvation, though it is true that the Salvation is only available because of his son's sacrifice.

So you think there is some magic power in the name Jehovah and all you need to do is say the word like a magic spell and you get whatever your heart desires?
You don't even have a clue what you are saved from in the here and now. You live in a fantasy of being saved from Satan in the future.
You need salvation from that particular delusion.


https://en.wikipedia.org...

http://www.compellingtruth.org...
The Jewish Mishnah (a book of early Jewish traditions) even states, "He who pronounces the Name with its own letters has no part in the world to come!"

Yes. As you point out it comes from the Jewish Mishnah, a book, not of holy law but of human tradition, and what did Christ condemn the Jews for doing?

For following and promoting the traditions of men, including that tradition.

Sure MCB, feel free to believe whatever fits your delusions.
It really makes no difference since the tetragram can be applied to everything in existence that WAS and IS and IS TO COME.

It is true that we have lost, along the way, just as Satan wanted us to, the true pronunciation of the name, thanks to that tradition borne of lies and apostasy, but Jehovah is a loving God and will be only too happy to accept our best efforts at his name. He does not expect the impossible of us, though I am sure that in due time we will once again be taught exactly how that name should be pronounced, since there will, in time, be a return to a common language and no hence more confusion.

It is not the pronunciation of the name which is important. It is understanding what it means and what it refers to which is not to some supernatural character outside of creation. The symbols can be applied to all of existence in general, which includes past present and future existence for all eternity.

It is not we who attempt as best we can to obey Jehovah who suffer from an overdose of temerity, it is those who try, as Satan wants them to, to hide that great and holy name, and prevent its use.

It is not a magic word to be used like some spell or incantation. The word itself is powerless.
Doing anything in the name of Jehovah or in the name of God is no different to doing it in the name and nature of existence.
All existing things do what they do in the name and nature of existence.
Some people just like to chant words which they like to believe give them more imaginary authority than other words. Superstitious people believe certain words hold magical or supernatural powers.

Yes, the word itself is indeed powerless.

However the God who answers to it is not, extremely far from it.

That makes doing things in the name of Jehovah very different indeed.

That is why it is the only name we can call on for the salvation which is available through the sacrifice of his son.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 12:43:56 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/16/2015 9:45:49 PM, janesix wrote:
At 12/16/2015 11:57:53 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
For a long time now I have been saying "You cannot truly love what you do not know" and all the while thinking I had coined it.

Well apparently not. Apparently it comes from a book by St Bernard of Clairvaux, a "Commentary on the Song of Songs".

However notwithstanding its Apostate source it remains true.

Christ exhorted his followers to "Love Jehovah with your whole heart, you whole mind and your whole being", hence we get the expression "whole souled", but can we if we do not even know him?

How can we get to know him in the way that his son does, millennia before he came to earth to occupy the body of Jesus and become the Christ or Messiah?

It is in fact remarkably easy but dies demand a lot of trust of faith in other words. James 1:5-8.

Peter assures us that if we draw close to Jehovah, or attempt to, he will draw close to us also, though as scripture assures us he is, in truth, not far away from each one of us.

But when you get to know someone, a human friends, what is one of the very first things we learn about them?

Why, it is their name of course.

Once we know their name we have a "hook" on which to hang everything we learn about them.

It is no different with God, first we need to know his name, Jehovah.

Then we need to study his word in depth so we can learn of his qualities of Love Wisdom

Justice and Mercy, qualities he has demonstrated, most especially towards those who love him, throughout the history the Bible describes.

In fact Jesus made knowledge of his father, Jehovah, a condition of gaining eternal life (John 17:3).

That is why his greatest enemy, the one who made himself into a Satan and a Devil, has done all he can to draw attention away from that great name by having if removed from, or replaced in as many places in scripture as he could influence his own followers to do so. Hence we have so many dishonest translations.

Jesus however bore Witness to that name (John 17:6; Revelation 3:14).

His true followers now do the same, not only by using that name but by bearing it. Hence they are called Jehovah's Witnesses, because like their King, Christ, that is exactly what they are and do.

Of course a very important way we have of making it easier to get to know Jehovah is by getting to know his son who imitates him perfectly, as Paul explains at 1 Corinthians 2:12-16.

Do you know Gods name. or do you allow Satan to pull the wool over your eyes and hide it from you?

You can't know God from a book.

n the contrary, you can know Jehovah from his book, the BIble.

It is partly there for us to get to know him from.

We also have the record of the life of the Messiah to learn from since he was the absolute mental and emotional image of his father.

Any who say that you cannot get to know Jehovah from his book haven't learned what the book teaches. They cannot have studied it very deeply.

What we say and type reveals much about us.

You reveal a lot about yourself in every post, just as Jehovah has revealed himself in creation, in his word, and through his servants, of which I am one.
graceofgod
Posts: 5,032
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 12:49:32 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/18/2015 12:43:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/16/2015 9:45:49 PM, janesix wrote:
At 12/16/2015 11:57:53 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
For a long time now I have been saying "You cannot truly love what you do not know" and all the while thinking I had coined it.

Well apparently not. Apparently it comes from a book by St Bernard of Clairvaux, a "Commentary on the Song of Songs".

However notwithstanding its Apostate source it remains true.

Christ exhorted his followers to "Love Jehovah with your whole heart, you whole mind and your whole being", hence we get the expression "whole souled", but can we if we do not even know him?

How can we get to know him in the way that his son does, millennia before he came to earth to occupy the body of Jesus and become the Christ or Messiah?

It is in fact remarkably easy but dies demand a lot of trust of faith in other words. James 1:5-8.

Peter assures us that if we draw close to Jehovah, or attempt to, he will draw close to us also, though as scripture assures us he is, in truth, not far away from each one of us.

But when you get to know someone, a human friends, what is one of the very first things we learn about them?

Why, it is their name of course.

Once we know their name we have a "hook" on which to hang everything we learn about them.

It is no different with God, first we need to know his name, Jehovah.

Then we need to study his word in depth so we can learn of his qualities of Love Wisdom

Justice and Mercy, qualities he has demonstrated, most especially towards those who love him, throughout the history the Bible describes.

In fact Jesus made knowledge of his father, Jehovah, a condition of gaining eternal life (John 17:3).

That is why his greatest enemy, the one who made himself into a Satan and a Devil, has done all he can to draw attention away from that great name by having if removed from, or replaced in as many places in scripture as he could influence his own followers to do so. Hence we have so many dishonest translations.

Jesus however bore Witness to that name (John 17:6; Revelation 3:14).

His true followers now do the same, not only by using that name but by bearing it. Hence they are called Jehovah's Witnesses, because like their King, Christ, that is exactly what they are and do.

Of course a very important way we have of making it easier to get to know Jehovah is by getting to know his son who imitates him perfectly, as Paul explains at 1 Corinthians 2:12-16.

Do you know Gods name. or do you allow Satan to pull the wool over your eyes and hide it from you?

You can't know God from a book.

n the contrary, you can know Jehovah from his book, the BIble.

It is partly there for us to get to know him from.

We also have the record of the life of the Messiah to learn from since he was the absolute mental and emotional image of his father.

Any who say that you cannot get to know Jehovah from his book haven't learned what the book teaches. They cannot have studied it very deeply.

What we say and type reveals much about us.

You reveal a lot about yourself in every post, just as Jehovah has revealed himself in creation, in his word, and through his servants, of which I am one.

if you can get to know God from the bible why did the jw's write a whole bunch of books and claim if you use the the bible alone you will end up in spiritual darkness??

what god do you get to know throught the nwt...??
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 12:52:59 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/16/2015 9:41:35 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 12/16/2015 11:57:53 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
For a long time now I have been saying "You cannot truly love what you do not know" and all the while thinking I had coined it.

Well apparently not. Apparently it comes from a book by St Bernard of Clairvaux, a "Commentary on the Song of Songs".

However notwithstanding its Apostate source it remains true.

Christ exhorted his followers to "Love Jehovah with your whole heart, you whole mind and your whole being", hence we get the expression "whole souled", but can we if we do not even know him?

How can we get to know him in the way that his son does, millennia before he came to earth to occupy the body of Jesus and become the Christ or Messiah?

It is in fact remarkably easy but dies demand a lot of trust of faith in other words. James 1:5-8.

Peter assures us that if we draw close to Jehovah, or attempt to, he will draw close to us also, though as scripture assures us he is, in truth, not far away from each one of us.

But when you get to know someone, a human friends, what is one of the very first things we learn about them?

Why, it is their name of course.

Once we know their name we have a "hook" on which to hang everything we learn about them.

It is no different with God, first we need to know his name, Jehovah.

Then we need to study his word in depth so we can learn of his qualities of Love Wisdom

Justice and Mercy, qualities he has demonstrated, most especially towards those who love him, throughout the history the Bible describes.

In fact Jesus made knowledge of his father, Jehovah, a condition of gaining eternal life (John 17:3).

That is why his greatest enemy, the one who made himself into a Satan and a Devil, has done all he can to draw attention away from that great name by having if removed from, or replaced in as many places in scripture as he could influence his own followers to do so. Hence we have so many dishonest translations.

Jesus however bore Witness to that name (John 17:6; Revelation 3:14).

His true followers now do the same, not only by using that name but by bearing it. Hence they are called Jehovah's Witnesses, because like their King, Christ, that is exactly what they are and do.

Of course a very important way we have of making it easier to get to know Jehovah is by getting to know his son who imitates him perfectly, as Paul explains at 1 Corinthians 2:12-16.

Do you know Gods name. or do you allow Satan to pull the wool over your eyes and hide it from you?

well enough to know the only way to the father is through his son Jesus, not the angel michael...

On the contrary.

Jesus was only a human, albeit an unusual one, right up to the moment when Michael took over his body.

Scripture tells us little about the human Jesus. It does however reveal much about what Jesus became after Jehovah's only begotten son took over.

I can honestly and accurately say that you have revealed in all your posts so far that you have no knowledge of Jehovah whatever, since you believe him to be part of a Trinity, a concept no human taught as Christian until the 4th century.

Scripture proves beyond any reasonable doubt that the Apostles taught that Christ, has a God, his father.

1 Peter 1:3 American Standard Version (ASV) 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to his great mercy begat us again unto a living hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

As Peter shows here, the Apostles praised the God and Father of Jesus Christ, over and above Christ himself.

Paul taught exactly the same.

Ephesians 1:3 American Standard Version (ASV) 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ:

Those simple praises prove, along with many other scriptures, that there is no holy trinity, just the One True God, Jehovah.

Trinitarians have only lies, distortions and mistranslations to support their belief.

Scripture denies the trinity absolutely.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 1:02:26 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/18/2015 12:49:32 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 12/18/2015 12:43:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/16/2015 9:45:49 PM, janesix wrote:
At 12/16/2015 11:57:53 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
For a long time now I have been saying "You cannot truly love what you do not know" and all the while thinking I had coined it.

Well apparently not. Apparently it comes from a book by St Bernard of Clairvaux, a "Commentary on the Song of Songs".

However notwithstanding its Apostate source it remains true.

Christ exhorted his followers to "Love Jehovah with your whole heart, you whole mind and your whole being", hence we get the expression "whole souled", but can we if we do not even know him?

How can we get to know him in the way that his son does, millennia before he came to earth to occupy the body of Jesus and become the Christ or Messiah?

It is in fact remarkably easy but dies demand a lot of trust of faith in other words. James 1:5-8.

Peter assures us that if we draw close to Jehovah, or attempt to, he will draw close to us also, though as scripture assures us he is, in truth, not far away from each one of us.

But when you get to know someone, a human friends, what is one of the very first things we learn about them?

Why, it is their name of course.

Once we know their name we have a "hook" on which to hang everything we learn about them.

It is no different with God, first we need to know his name, Jehovah.

Then we need to study his word in depth so we can learn of his qualities of Love Wisdom

Justice and Mercy, qualities he has demonstrated, most especially towards those who love him, throughout the history the Bible describes.

In fact Jesus made knowledge of his father, Jehovah, a condition of gaining eternal life (John 17:3).

That is why his greatest enemy, the one who made himself into a Satan and a Devil, has done all he can to draw attention away from that great name by having if removed from, or replaced in as many places in scripture as he could influence his own followers to do so. Hence we have so many dishonest translations.

Jesus however bore Witness to that name (John 17:6; Revelation 3:14).

His true followers now do the same, not only by using that name but by bearing it. Hence they are called Jehovah's Witnesses, because like their King, Christ, that is exactly what they are and do.

Of course a very important way we have of making it easier to get to know Jehovah is by getting to know his son who imitates him perfectly, as Paul explains at 1 Corinthians 2:12-16.

Do you know Gods name. or do you allow Satan to pull the wool over your eyes and hide it from you?

You can't know God from a book.

n the contrary, you can know Jehovah from his book, the BIble.

It is partly there for us to get to know him from.

We also have the record of the life of the Messiah to learn from since he was the absolute mental and emotional image of his father.

Any who say that you cannot get to know Jehovah from his book haven't learned what the book teaches. They cannot have studied it very deeply.

What we say and type reveals much about us.

You reveal a lot about yourself in every post, just as Jehovah has revealed himself in creation, in his word, and through his servants, of which I am one.

if you can get to know God from the bible why did the jw's write a whole bunch of books and claim if you use the the bible alone you will end up in spiritual darkness??

Because you can learn about God from the Bible, but only with his help. (1 Corinthians 1:26-30)

That is why the Ethiopian Eunuch needed guidance from Philip.

Jehovah has only ever had one path for true knowledge, and the JWs are the modern day version of the First Century Apostles, who in turn were the equivalent of the Prophets of old.

If you want to know the truth from Jehovah you have to accept his arrangement for getting it.

However basic knowledge of Jehovah is available directly from scripture if Jehovah chooses to open your eyes to it, to guide you to his people.

Not all get the point, because, as Jesus pointed out, not all are open to the spirit. Matthew 13:15.


what god do you get to know throught the nwt...??

The same God as I got to know through other translations. The same God that I teach on here using the ASV, and any other translation you care to name.

Satan has made every effort to have the Bible corrupted, but has only been allowed a certain amount of success, not enough to hide Jehovah from us completely.

Everything the JWs teach can be taught from any translation you care to name, as I have proved many times over.

If you choose to study the BIble with them, they will, if you request it, teach you using your own choice of translation.

If you can only teach what they teach using the NWT, why do I not use it on here?
graceofgod
Posts: 5,032
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 1:12:24 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/18/2015 12:52:59 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/16/2015 9:41:35 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 12/16/2015 11:57:53 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
For a long time now I have been saying "You cannot truly love what you do not know" and all the while thinking I had coined it.

Well apparently not. Apparently it comes from a book by St Bernard of Clairvaux, a "Commentary on the Song of Songs".

However notwithstanding its Apostate source it remains true.

Christ exhorted his followers to "Love Jehovah with your whole heart, you whole mind and your whole being", hence we get the expression "whole souled", but can we if we do not even know him?

How can we get to know him in the way that his son does, millennia before he came to earth to occupy the body of Jesus and become the Christ or Messiah?

It is in fact remarkably easy but dies demand a lot of trust of faith in other words. James 1:5-8.

Peter assures us that if we draw close to Jehovah, or attempt to, he will draw close to us also, though as scripture assures us he is, in truth, not far away from each one of us.

But when you get to know someone, a human friends, what is one of the very first things we learn about them?

Why, it is their name of course.

Once we know their name we have a "hook" on which to hang everything we learn about them.

It is no different with God, first we need to know his name, Jehovah.

Then we need to study his word in depth so we can learn of his qualities of Love Wisdom

Justice and Mercy, qualities he has demonstrated, most especially towards those who love him, throughout the history the Bible describes.

In fact Jesus made knowledge of his father, Jehovah, a condition of gaining eternal life (John 17:3).

That is why his greatest enemy, the one who made himself into a Satan and a Devil, has done all he can to draw attention away from that great name by having if removed from, or replaced in as many places in scripture as he could influence his own followers to do so. Hence we have so many dishonest translations.

Jesus however bore Witness to that name (John 17:6; Revelation 3:14).

His true followers now do the same, not only by using that name but by bearing it. Hence they are called Jehovah's Witnesses, because like their King, Christ, that is exactly what they are and do.

Of course a very important way we have of making it easier to get to know Jehovah is by getting to know his son who imitates him perfectly, as Paul explains at 1 Corinthians 2:12-16.

Do you know Gods name. or do you allow Satan to pull the wool over your eyes and hide it from you?

well enough to know the only way to the father is through his son Jesus, not the angel michael...

On the contrary.

Jesus was only a human, albeit an unusual one, right up to the moment when Michael took over his body.

Scripture tells us little about the human Jesus. It does however reveal much about what Jesus became after Jehovah's only begotten son took over.

I can honestly and accurately say that you have revealed in all your posts so far that you have no knowledge of Jehovah whatever, since you believe him to be part of a Trinity, a concept no human taught as Christian until the 4th century.

Scripture proves beyond any reasonable doubt that the Apostles taught that Christ, has a God, his father.

1 Peter 1:3 American Standard Version (ASV) 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to his great mercy begat us again unto a living hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

As Peter shows here, the Apostles praised the God and Father of Jesus Christ, over and above Christ himself.

Paul taught exactly the same.

Ephesians 1:3 American Standard Version (ASV) 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ:

Those simple praises prove, along with many other scriptures, that there is no holy trinity, just the One True God, Jehovah.

Trinitarians have only lies, distortions and mistranslations to support their belief.

Scripture denies the trinity absolutely.

where does it say michael took over, possessed if the body of Jesus ????

what happened to michael's body at that moment??

what has happened to the body of Jesus now?? after it's use...
graceofgod
Posts: 5,032
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 1:16:04 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/18/2015 1:02:26 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/18/2015 12:49:32 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 12/18/2015 12:43:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/16/2015 9:45:49 PM, janesix wrote:
At 12/16/2015 11:57:53 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
For a long time now I have been saying "You cannot truly love what you do not know" and all the while thinking I had coined it.

Well apparently not. Apparently it comes from a book by St Bernard of Clairvaux, a "Commentary on the Song of Songs".

However notwithstanding its Apostate source it remains true.

Christ exhorted his followers to "Love Jehovah with your whole heart, you whole mind and your whole being", hence we get the expression "whole souled", but can we if we do not even know him?

How can we get to know him in the way that his son does, millennia before he came to earth to occupy the body of Jesus and become the Christ or Messiah?

It is in fact remarkably easy but dies demand a lot of trust of faith in other words. James 1:5-8.

Peter assures us that if we draw close to Jehovah, or attempt to, he will draw close to us also, though as scripture assures us he is, in truth, not far away from each one of us.

But when you get to know someone, a human friends, what is one of the very first things we learn about them?

Why, it is their name of course.

Once we know their name we have a "hook" on which to hang everything we learn about them.

It is no different with God, first we need to know his name, Jehovah.

Then we need to study his word in depth so we can learn of his qualities of Love Wisdom

Justice and Mercy, qualities he has demonstrated, most especially towards those who love him, throughout the history the Bible describes.

In fact Jesus made knowledge of his father, Jehovah, a condition of gaining eternal life (John 17:3).

That is why his greatest enemy, the one who made himself into a Satan and a Devil, has done all he can to draw attention away from that great name by having if removed from, or replaced in as many places in scripture as he could influence his own followers to do so. Hence we have so many dishonest translations.

Jesus however bore Witness to that name (John 17:6; Revelation 3:14).

His true followers now do the same, not only by using that name but by bearing it. Hence they are called Jehovah's Witnesses, because like their King, Christ, that is exactly what they are and do.

Of course a very important way we have of making it easier to get to know Jehovah is by getting to know his son who imitates him perfectly, as Paul explains at 1 Corinthians 2:12-16.

Do you know Gods name. or do you allow Satan to pull the wool over your eyes and hide it from you?

You can't know God from a book.

n the contrary, you can know Jehovah from his book, the BIble.

It is partly there for us to get to know him from.

We also have the record of the life of the Messiah to learn from since he was the absolute mental and emotional image of his father.

Any who say that you cannot get to know Jehovah from his book haven't learned what the book teaches. They cannot have studied it very deeply.

What we say and type reveals much about us.

You reveal a lot about yourself in every post, just as Jehovah has revealed himself in creation, in his word, and through his servants, of which I am one.

if you can get to know God from the bible why did the jw's write a whole bunch of books and claim if you use the the bible alone you will end up in spiritual darkness??

Because you can learn about God from the Bible, but only with his help. (1 Corinthians 1:26-30)

That is why the Ethiopian Eunuch needed guidance from Philip.

Jehovah has only ever had one path for true knowledge, and the JWs are the modern day version of the First Century Apostles, who in turn were the equivalent of the Prophets of old.

If you want to know the truth from Jehovah you have to accept his arrangement for getting it.

However basic knowledge of Jehovah is available directly from scripture if Jehovah chooses to open your eyes to it, to guide you to his people.

Not all get the point, because, as Jesus pointed out, not all are open to the spirit. Matthew 13:15.


what god do you get to know throught the nwt...??

The same God as I got to know through other translations. The same God that I teach on here using the ASV, and any other translation you care to name.

Satan has made every effort to have the Bible corrupted, but has only been allowed a certain amount of success, not enough to hide Jehovah from us completely.

Everything the JWs teach can be taught from any translation you care to name, as I have proved many times over.

If you choose to study the BIble with them, they will, if you request it, teach you using your own choice of translation.

If you can only teach what they teach using the NWT, why do I not use it on here?

if we only need the bible and the help of the Holy Spirit, why did the jw's say you can't do it without their extra books...

how does an impersonal force like the spirit help and teach us, according to the jw's?/

satan hasn't corrupted the bible the jw's have,, agreed it is very hard to tell them apart..
bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 1:19:14 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/16/2015 9:10:57 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
No you simply interpret the loving protection of his people from their enemies in an evil way.

Only the ludicrously brainwashed could defend infanticide and genocide.
They are what they are and they are what your god delights in. Grow up.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 1:20:36 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
BTW what happened to Jesus when Mick invaded his body?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 3:47:52 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/16/2015 11:57:53 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
For a long time now I have been saying "You cannot truly love what you do not know" and all the while thinking I had coined it.

Well apparently not. Apparently it comes from a book by St Bernard of Clairvaux, a "Commentary on the Song of Songs".

However notwithstanding its Apostate source it remains true.

Christ exhorted his followers to "Love Jehovah with your whole heart, you whole mind and your whole being", hence we get the expression "whole souled", but can we if we do not even know him?

How can we get to know him in the way that his son does, millennia before he came to earth to occupy the body of Jesus and become the Christ or Messiah?

It is in fact remarkably easy but dies demand a lot of trust of faith in other words. James 1:5-8.

Peter assures us that if we draw close to Jehovah, or attempt to, he will draw close to us also, though as scripture assures us he is, in truth, not far away from each one of us.

But when you get to know someone, a human friends, what is one of the very first things we learn about them?

Why, it is their name of course.

Once we know their name we have a "hook" on which to hang everything we learn about them.

It is no different with God, first we need to know his name, Jehovah.

Then we need to study his word in depth so we can learn of his qualities of Love Wisdom

Justice and Mercy, qualities he has demonstrated, most especially towards those who love him, throughout the history the Bible describes.

In fact Jesus made knowledge of his father, Jehovah, a condition of gaining eternal life (John 17:3).

That is why his greatest enemy, the one who made himself into a Satan and a Devil, has done all he can to draw attention away from that great name by having if removed from, or replaced in as many places in scripture as he could influence his own followers to do so. Hence we have so many dishonest translations.

Jesus however bore Witness to that name (John 17:6; Revelation 3:14).

His true followers now do the same, not only by using that name but by bearing it. Hence they are called Jehovah's Witnesses, because like their King, Christ, that is exactly what they are and do.

Of course a very important way we have of making it easier to get to know Jehovah is by getting to know his son who imitates him perfectly, as Paul explains at 1 Corinthians 2:12-16.

Do you know Gods name. or do you allow Satan to pull the wool over your eyes and hide it from you?

Are you saying because Jesus never called God by His name (Jehovah), that Satan had the wool over Jesus's eyes?
Must we remind you you were disfellowshipped and shunned by the JW because they did not think you were fit to belong to their group. You reduce God to a name and then perform unnatural acts in defiance of His commands.
Eternal damnation is your just reward and disfellowshipped and shunning guarantees you will be punished.
missmedic
Posts: 385
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 4:01:01 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/16/2015 11:57:53 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
For a long time now I have been saying "You cannot truly love what you do not know" and all the while thinking I had coined it.

Well apparently not. Apparently it comes from a book by St Bernard of Clairvaux, a "Commentary on the Song of Songs".

However notwithstanding its Apostate source it remains true.

Christ exhorted his followers to "Love Jehovah with your whole heart, you whole mind and your whole being", hence we get the expression "whole souled", but can we if we do not even know him?

How can we get to know him in the way that his son does, millennia before he came to earth to occupy the body of Jesus and become the Christ or Messiah?

It is in fact remarkably easy but dies demand a lot of trust of faith in other words. James 1:5-8.

Peter assures us that if we draw close to Jehovah, or attempt to, he will draw close to us also, though as scripture assures us he is, in truth, not far away from each one of us.

But when you get to know someone, a human friends, what is one of the very first things we learn about them?

Why, it is their name of course.

Once we know their name we have a "hook" on which to hang everything we learn about them.

It is no different with God, first we need to know his name, Jehovah.

Then we need to study his word in depth so we can learn of his qualities of Love Wisdom

Justice and Mercy, qualities he has demonstrated, most especially towards those who love him, throughout the history the Bible describes.

In fact Jesus made knowledge of his father, Jehovah, a condition of gaining eternal life (John 17:3).

That is why his greatest enemy, the one who made himself into a Satan and a Devil, has done all he can to draw attention away from that great name by having if removed from, or replaced in as many places in scripture as he could influence his own followers to do so. Hence we have so many dishonest translations.

Jesus however bore Witness to that name (John 17:6; Revelation 3:14).

His true followers now do the same, not only by using that name but by bearing it. Hence they are called Jehovah's Witnesses, because like their King, Christ, that is exactly what they are and do.

Of course a very important way we have of making it easier to get to know Jehovah is by getting to know his son who imitates him perfectly, as Paul explains at 1 Corinthians 2:12-16.

Do you know Gods name. or do you allow Satan to pull the wool over your eyes and hide it from you?

Can God be known?
Very deep question indeed! At least that"s how it sounds! Let us see.
Where does this question rest the real power in? In the person capable of knowing the God? Or in the object called God that will be known? If God is something that can be known, like any other object that can be known, who has more power? The one who is capable of knowing anything and everything, including the god himself or the knowable god? The answer should be obvious. The knower.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 4:59:50 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/18/2015 4:01:01 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 12/16/2015 11:57:53 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
For a long time now I have been saying "You cannot truly love what you do not know" and all the while thinking I had coined it.

Well apparently not. Apparently it comes from a book by St Bernard of Clairvaux, a "Commentary on the Song of Songs".

However notwithstanding its Apostate source it remains true.

Christ exhorted his followers to "Love Jehovah with your whole heart, you whole mind and your whole being", hence we get the expression "whole souled", but can we if we do not even know him?

How can we get to know him in the way that his son does, millennia before he came to earth to occupy the body of Jesus and become the Christ or Messiah?

It is in fact remarkably easy but dies demand a lot of trust of faith in other words. James 1:5-8.

Peter assures us that if we draw close to Jehovah, or attempt to, he will draw close to us also, though as scripture assures us he is, in truth, not far away from each one of us.

But when you get to know someone, a human friends, what is one of the very first things we learn about them?

Why, it is their name of course.

Once we know their name we have a "hook" on which to hang everything we learn about them.

It is no different with God, first we need to know his name, Jehovah.

Then we need to study his word in depth so we can learn of his qualities of Love Wisdom

Justice and Mercy, qualities he has demonstrated, most especially towards those who love him, throughout the history the Bible describes.

In fact Jesus made knowledge of his father, Jehovah, a condition of gaining eternal life (John 17:3).

That is why his greatest enemy, the one who made himself into a Satan and a Devil, has done all he can to draw attention away from that great name by having if removed from, or replaced in as many places in scripture as he could influence his own followers to do so. Hence we have so many dishonest translations.

Jesus however bore Witness to that name (John 17:6; Revelation 3:14).

His true followers now do the same, not only by using that name but by bearing it. Hence they are called Jehovah's Witnesses, because like their King, Christ, that is exactly what they are and do.

Of course a very important way we have of making it easier to get to know Jehovah is by getting to know his son who imitates him perfectly, as Paul explains at 1 Corinthians 2:12-16.

Do you know Gods name. or do you allow Satan to pull the wool over your eyes and hide it from you?

Can God be known?
Very deep question indeed! At least that"s how it sounds! Let us see.
Where does this question rest the real power in? In the person capable of knowing the God? Or in the object called God that will be known? If God is something that can be known, like any other object that can be known, who has more power? The one who is capable of knowing anything and everything, including the god himself or the knowable god? The answer should be obvious. The knower.

I always remember his birthday,and the day he died.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 9:20:03 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/18/2015 12:39:34 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/17/2015 2:43:54 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/16/2015 9:08:17 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

It is not we who attempt as best we can to obey Jehovah who suffer from an overdose of temerity, it is those who try, as Satan wants them to, to hide that great and holy name, and prevent its use.

It is not a magic word to be used like some spell or incantation. The word itself is powerless.
Doing anything in the name of Jehovah or in the name of God is no different to doing it in the name and nature of existence.
All existing things do what they do in the name and nature of existence.
Some people just like to chant words which they like to believe give them more imaginary authority than other words. Superstitious people believe certain words hold magical or supernatural powers.

Yes, the word itself is indeed powerless.

However the God who answers to it is not, extremely far from it.

God answers to no name any better than Mother Nature answers to the name humans gave her. The reason is due to the character being mythical.

That makes doing things in the name of Jehovah very different indeed.

It makes it no different to doing things in the name of Mother Nature. However, feel free to dream your dreams.

That is why it is the only name we can call on for the salvation which is available through the sacrifice of his son.

Calling on a name saves no one. You can yell "God help" or "God save me" as long as you want but God does not hear anyone or react to them any better than Mother Nature does when people call on her for help or salvation from their problems.

No supernatural can save anyone from anything. No supernatural character can hear anyone or answer anyone.
The only "entity" that helps people is other people who care for each other.
The only thing that can save humans from their delusions and self deceptions is the TRUTH which dispels all lies but that TRUTH will not set them free as long as they reject it and prefer to believe in fairies, angels, evil spirits, and other supernatural characters.
It only sets people free from such delusions if they accept the TRUTH and are willing to put their childish beliefs and invisible friends in the fantasy box where they belong.
If not, they will remain immature self deluded adults till the day they die. That is simply the result of rejecting Truth.