Jump to topic:

Why do we look to the sky?

Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 4:28:48 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
When thinking of loved ones who have past. We look up. I bet most atheist do to. It's not if we look down and try to view underneath ground. Where would I like my mom to be? Up in the sky or under the ground . I want her in the sky looking over all. Not in the ground with no room and no view. Then as a atheist "REAL" kicks in. Dead people don't see ,they don't feel and I will never see them ever again. Ever. You Christians are a lucky bunch.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 8:53:24 PM
At 12/16/2015 4:28:48 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
When thinking of loved ones who have past. We look up. I bet most atheist do to. It's not if we look down and try to view underneath ground. Where would I like my mom to be? Up in the sky or under the ground . I want her in the sky looking over all. Not in the ground with no room and no view. Then as a atheist "REAL" kicks in. Dead people don't see ,they don't feel and I will never see them ever again. Ever. You Christians are a lucky bunch.

Maybe we subconsciously understand we are approx 50% water which evaporates into the air when we die and any energy in the body must also dissipate into the air. Very little of the body actually ends up as dust. Most ends up in the air.
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2015 9:04:55 PM
At 12/16/2015 4:28:48 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

I would guess because the vast openness reflects "elsewhere" or "not here" better than anything else, or that the immense, observable expanse best reprents the new "distance" that the deceased now have with us. This is just speculation, though.