Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 4:06:35 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/18/2015 1:38:18 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Is god your dead end .

. I'm a atheist only because there's religions . And with religions there ain't no peace. Hope WTF And joy WTF . I'm allowed to go to the movies and pubs and clubs . If mum let's me .. have you found peace , hope , joy ?. Pull yea head in. Sounds like God comes with unlimited theme park entry. Don't waste your time with us atheist. The other religions put gods above yours, isn't that rule number 1. Atheist will never put another god above yours.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 4:22:39 PM
Is Atheism simply something keeping you from finding peace, hope, and joy

Nope. Putting superstition out of my life has given me peace. Having a conversation for two with only one participant is the way to madness. The false hopes of religion have fallen away and have been replaced by a true hope related to things that are undeniably real: my family, my fellow man, and their unrealized potential. I don't have the highs and lows that I had while I was a believer since I no longer attribute bad/good things to the will of a god. There is no hidden meaning, so I only need worry about focusing my attention on the events I can control and enduring/enjoying the things I cannot. This realization has brought me true joy.

Atheism as a hurdle is a bad analogy. It is more like removing unnecessary objects from the course.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 6:44:54 PM
At 12/18/2015 4:22:39 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

Nope. Putting superstition out of my life has given me peace. Having a conversation for two with only one participant is the way to madness. The false hopes of religion have fallen away and have been replaced by a true hope related to things that are undeniably real: my family, my fellow man, and their unrealized potential. I don't have the highs and lows that I had while I was a believer since I no longer attribute bad/good things to the will of a god. There is no hidden meaning, so I only need worry about focusing my attention on the events I can control and enduring/enjoying the things I cannot. This realization has brought me true joy.

Atheism as a hurdle is a bad analogy. It is more like removing unnecessary objects from the course.

Is Atheism the unneccessary object?
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 7:10:15 PM

Do you believe that the Paris attacks actually occurred?

Does this keep you from finding peace when you walk out into the street, or travel abroad?

If so, what should we do about this pesky worldview?
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 7:13:40 PM
At 12/18/2015 7:10:15 PM, Double_R wrote:

Does this keep you from finding peace when you walk out into the street, or travel abroad?

They did occur. We should bring in 250,000 Muslim refugees and disarm our people. Sound good?
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 7:25:13 PM
At 12/18/2015 7:13:40 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/18/2015 7:10:15 PM, Double_R wrote:

They did occur.

I understand that you believe this. My question is, how do we address your worldview? After all, it I assume on some level impacts the level of peace you are able to find in your daily life as you walk around at night or plan to visit places around the world. So if your worldview is a problem for you, shouldn't you just change it?
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 7:57:38 PM
At 12/18/2015 6:44:54 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/18/2015 4:22:39 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

Is Atheism the unneccessary object?

Atheism is what happens when the unsubstantiated claims of gods accepted atbitrarily (guard rails) and the dogmatism associated with religion (hurdles) are removed from the path.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 8:05:55 PM

That is a problem with atheists. They want all of the above peace, hope and joy in this life and not a promise only redeemable in some future paradise after proof of mental illness and insane beliefs.
Fortunately for you Christians don't have that problem.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 9:05:24 PM

The only time I had peace, hope and joy was when I was an atheist.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 9:29:19 PM
At 12/18/2015 9:05:24 PM, janesix wrote:

The only time I had peace, hope and joy was when I was an atheist.

I bet.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 9:30:10 PM
At 12/18/2015 4:06:35 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
Is god your dead end .

. I'm a atheist only because there's religions . And with religions there ain't no peace. Hope WTF And joy WTF . I'm allowed to go to the movies and pubs and clubs . If mum let's me .. have you found peace , hope , joy ?. Pull yea head in. Sounds like God comes with unlimited theme park entry. Don't waste your time with us atheist. The other religions put gods above yours, isn't that rule number 1. Atheist will never put another god above yours.

I'm religious. I have peace.
Pollux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 11:24:17 PM
Atheism is a hurdle to dealing with stupid fundamentalists. Those ignorant ideas just have such a hard time rising to the level of intellectual discourse.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 3:30:11 PM

Since you personally have shown us that Christianity offers only ignorance, incredulity and dishonesty, atheism just happens to be the lesser of evils.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth