Total Posts:52|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Question For Muslims

Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 10:18:35 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
- This is a question of the muslim brothers in here:

What schools of thought do you subscribe to or follow?

- I follow the following schools:
> Maliki legal school of thought, specifically the maghribi method.
> Ash'ari theological school of thought, specifically the fakhri method.
> Junaidi mystical sufi school of thought, specifically the zarroq'i method. As for sufi orders, I have yet to join any, but I lean towards the Tijani Tariq'a or the Q'adiri Tariq'a.

- If you don't follow a specific school, tell us which one you prefer?

- I always say to the undecided, for the guys who like animals or the girls who like make up, the Maliki school is the way to go.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 10:25:57 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/18/2015 10:18:35 PM, Yassine wrote:
- This is a question of the muslim brothers in here:

What schools of thought do you subscribe to or follow?

- I follow the following schools:
> Maliki legal school of thought, specifically the maghribi method.
> Ash'ari theological school of thought, specifically the fakhri method.
> Junaidi mystical sufi school of thought, specifically the zarroq'i method. As for sufi orders, I have yet to join any, but I lean towards the Tijani Tariq'a or the Q'adiri Tariq'a.

- If you don't follow a specific school, tell us which one you prefer?

- I always say to the undecided, for the guys who like animals or the girls who like make up, the Maliki school is the way to go.

What will the Mahdi be like
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2015 10:29:04 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/18/2015 10:25:57 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:

What will the Mahdi be like

- You're not a muslim -_-
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 1:02:08 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/18/2015 10:29:04 PM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/18/2015 10:25:57 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:

What will the Mahdi be like

- You're not a muslim -_-

Sorry Yasdine. The internet isn't under Sharia Law. I know it's hard to understand. We are free to think and speak unlike the "slaves of Allah".

Nevertheless, there are hundreds of Christian threads on this forum that are bombarded with nonchristians. If we can deal with it, so can you. Man up.
Idealist
Posts: 2,520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 1:09:36 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 1:02:08 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/18/2015 10:29:04 PM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/18/2015 10:25:57 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:

What will the Mahdi be like

- You're not a muslim -_-

Sorry Yasdine. The internet isn't under Sharia Law. I know it's hard to understand. We are free to think and speak unlike the "slaves of Allah".

Nevertheless, there are hundreds of Christian threads on this forum that are bombarded with nonchristians. If we can deal with it, so can you. Man up.

Wow. What a harsh response to someone who is obviously disappointed because he had hoped to hear from the Muslims to whom he had specifically addressed a question. Where is all that sarcasm coming from?
Fatihah
Posts: 7,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 1:28:17 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/18/2015 10:18:35 PM, Yassine wrote:
- This is a question of the muslim brothers in here:

What schools of thought do you subscribe to or follow?

- I follow the following schools:
> Maliki legal school of thought, specifically the maghribi method.
> Ash'ari theological school of thought, specifically the fakhri method.
> Junaidi mystical sufi school of thought, specifically the zarroq'i method. As for sufi orders, I have yet to join any, but I lean towards the Tijani Tariq'a or the Q'adiri Tariq'a.

- If you don't follow a specific school, tell us which one you prefer?

- I always say to the undecided, for the guys who like animals or the girls who like make up, the Maliki school is the way to go.

Response: I follow no school. I practice ijtihad and use logic and reason. The practice of taqleed to blindly follow a school of thought is a practice I keep away from me.
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 1:31:50 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 1:28:17 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: I follow no school. I practice ijtihad and use logic and reason.

- What is Ijtihad? What qualifications do you have to practice it?

The practice of taqleed to blindly follow a school of thought is a practice I keep away from me.

- What is Taq'leed?
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 1:36:17 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 1:02:08 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:

Sorry Yasdine. The internet isn't under Sharia Law. I know it's hard to understand. We are free to think and speak unlike the "slaves of Allah".

Nevertheless, there are hundreds of Christian threads on this forum that are bombarded with nonchristians. If we can deal with it, so can you. Man up.

- You're still not a muslim.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Fatihah
Posts: 7,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 1:36:49 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 1:31:50 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/19/2015 1:28:17 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: I follow no school. I practice ijtihad and use logic and reason.

- What is Ijtihad? What qualifications do you have to practice it?

The practice of taqleed to blindly follow a school of thought is a practice I keep away from me.

- What is Taq'leed?

Response: It is to blindly follow a school of thought. Hence, it is when someone accepts something is true from certain authorities because someone says it is true or reliable without logical evidence.
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 1:37:56 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 1:36:49 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 12/19/2015 1:31:50 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/19/2015 1:28:17 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: I follow no school. I practice ijtihad and use logic and reason.

- What is Ijtihad? What qualifications do you have to practice it?

The practice of taqleed to blindly follow a school of thought is a practice I keep away from me.

- What is Taq'leed?

Response: It is to blindly follow a school of thought. Hence, it is when someone accepts something is true from certain authorities because someone says it is true or reliable without logical evidence.

- Not quite. You skipped the first two questions.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Fatihah
Posts: 7,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 1:42:10 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 1:37:56 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/19/2015 1:36:49 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 12/19/2015 1:31:50 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/19/2015 1:28:17 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: I follow no school. I practice ijtihad and use logic and reason.

- What is Ijtihad? What qualifications do you have to practice it?

The practice of taqleed to blindly follow a school of thought is a practice I keep away from me.

- What is Taq'leed?

Response: It is to blindly follow a school of thought. Hence, it is when someone accepts something is true from certain authorities because someone says it is true or reliable without logical evidence.

- Not quite. You skipped the first two questions.

Response:Blindly following an authority is taqleed and using logic and reason is ijtihad. As for qualifications, the question itself is invalid since one must be logical to understand the logic behind it, which you have not verified.
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 1:44:26 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 1:42:10 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Blindly following an authority is taqleed and using logic and reason is ijtihad.

- That's not even remotely close.

As for qualifications, the question itself is invalid since one must be logical to understand the logic behind it, which you have not verified.

- You claimed to be Mujtahid, what is the proof of your claim? What are your qualifications? Your credentials?
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Fatihah
Posts: 7,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 1:47:25 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 1:44:26 AM, Yassine wrote:

- That's not even remotely close.

Response: Your weak rebuttal says otherwise.

As for qualifications, the question itself is invalid since one must be logical to understand the logic behind it, which you have not verified.

- You claimed to be Mujtahid, what is the proof of your claim? What are your qualifications? Your credentials?

Response: You claimed I am not. What are your proofs and qualifications?
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 1:50:08 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 1:47:25 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Your weak rebuttal says otherwise.

- I asked you to tell me what Ijtihad means, you gave me a false meaning. Try again.

Response: You claimed I am not.

- I have made no such claim. You, solely, made the claim of being Mujtahid. Where is your proof? Use that logic & reason of yours to acquire it.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Fatihah
Posts: 7,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 1:53:30 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 1:50:08 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/19/2015 1:47:25 AM, Fatihah wrote:

- I asked you to tell me what Ijtihad means, you gave me a false meaning. Try again.

Response: Your weak rebuttal says otherwise. Try again.

- I have made no such claim. You, solely, made the claim of being Mujtahid. Where is your proof? Use that logic & reason of yours to acquire it.

Response: You solely seek for proof, which implies you have evidence to the contrary. Use your Maliki school of thought and acquire it.
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 1:57:46 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 1:53:30 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Your weak rebuttal says otherwise.

- On the complete contrary. False definition is conclusive, incidentally, by definition.

Try again.

- Your move.

Response: You solely seek for proof, which implies you have evidence to the contrary.

- False. Asking for proof for the positive does not imply having proof for the negative. I don't even know you.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Fatihah
Posts: 7,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 2:02:47 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 1:57:46 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/19/2015 1:53:30 AM, Fatihah wrote:

- On the complete contrary. False definition is conclusive, incidentally, by definition.

Try again.

- Your move.

Response: Likewise.

- False. Asking for proof for the positive does not imply having proof for the negative. I don't even know you.

Response: Strawman. You initiated asking for proof to a statement that was never issued to be proven. Therefore, the burden is on you to prove otherwise. Debunked as usual. Try again.
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 2:06:51 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 2:02:47 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Likewise.

- You have yet to make any. You can't say "likewise" without even making a move first. You don't even know what Mujtahid means. Do you even speak Arabic?

Response: Strawman.

- False.

You initiated asking for proof to a statement that was never issued to be proven.

- The truth of ANY statement rests of there being proof for its truthfulness.

Therefore, the burden is on you to prove otherwise.

- When I make a claim, ask me for my proof. So far, you're the one claiming to be something you haven't proved to be the case.

Debunked as usual. Try again.

- Honestly. Have you ever studied Logic, or Philosophy?
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Fatihah
Posts: 7,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 2:09:05 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 2:06:51 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/19/2015 2:02:47 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Likewise.

- You have yet to make any. You can't say "likewise" without even making a move first. You don't even know what Mujtahid means. Do you even speak Arabic?

Response: Strawman.

- False.

You initiated asking for proof to a statement that was never issued to be proven.

- The truth of ANY statement rests of there being proof for its truthfulness.

Therefore, the burden is on you to prove otherwise.

- When I make a claim, ask me for my proof. So far, you're the one claiming to be something you haven't proved to be the case.

Debunked as usual. Try again.

- Honestly. Have you ever studied Logic, or Philosophy?

Response: In other words, you have no evidence, thus refuting yourself. Debunked as usual.
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 2:10:41 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 2:09:05 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: In other words, you have no evidence, thus refuting yourself. Debunked as usual.

- Simple question: do you have any reason to believe you're Mujtahid or not?
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Fatihah
Posts: 7,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 2:14:13 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 2:10:41 AM, Yassine wrote:

- Simple question: do you have any reason to believe you're Mujtahid or not?

Response: Even more simple, do you practice taqleed or do you use your own independent logic and reason?
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 2:14:50 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 2:14:13 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 12/19/2015 2:10:41 AM, Yassine wrote:

- Simple question: do you have any reason to believe you're Mujtahid or not?

Response: Even more simple, do you practice taqleed or do you use your own independent logic and reason?

- Answer my question, & I'll answer yours.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Fatihah
Posts: 7,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 2:15:55 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 2:14:50 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/19/2015 2:14:13 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 12/19/2015 2:10:41 AM, Yassine wrote:

- Simple question: do you have any reason to believe you're Mujtahid or not?

Response: Even more simple, do you practice taqleed or do you use your own independent logic and reason?

- Answer my question, & I'll answer yours.

Response: Likewise.
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 2:16:56 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 2:15:55 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Likewise.

- OK. I use Logic & Reason, & I practice Taq'lid. Your turn.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Fatihah
Posts: 7,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 2:23:58 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 2:16:56 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/19/2015 2:15:55 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Likewise.

- OK. I use Logic & Reason, & I practice Taq'lid. Your turn.

Response: Which means you don't use logic and reason, but blindly follow, since it is not logical to practice taqleed. Got it.

I never claimed to be a Mujtahid. I said I practice ijtihad. Meaning I use my own independent reasoning.
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 2:28:39 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 2:23:58 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Which means you don't use logic and reason, but blindly follow, since it is not logical to practice taqleed. Got it.

- Practicing Taq'leed & using Logic aren't mutually exclusive.

I never claimed to be a Mujtahid. I said I practice ijtihad.

- Practicing Ijtihad means, literally, being Mujtahid. Which implies you don't know very very basic stuff in Arabic. I am sorry to tell you this, but you're as close to practicing Ijtihad, as a baby is close to inventing rockets.

Meaning I use my own independent reasoning.

- Which happens to logically fallacious, considering this discussion. & Ijtihad does not even mean remotely what you imagine it means.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Fatihah
Posts: 7,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 2:34:27 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 2:28:39 AM, Yassine wrote:

- Practicing Ijtihad means, literally, being Mujtahid. Which implies you don't know very very basic stuff in Arabic. I am sorry to tell you this, but you're as close to practicing Ijtihad, as a baby is close to inventing rockets.

Response: Practice ijtihad does not literally mean mujtahid, since neither the word "practice" or "ijtihad" literally means mujtahid. So you sound dumb. They are not synonymous terms so it cannot literally mean it. That's like saying dog literally means cat. Debunked.

- Which happens to logically fallacious, considering this discussion. & Ijtihad does not even mean remotely what you imagine it means.

Response: It means exactly what I said and coming from a person whose logic says dog literally means cat, you are the last person to say what something means.
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 2:36:09 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 2:31:05 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:

Do't follow a specific School, but leaning towards Hanafi'i

- Hanafi is my second favourite school. What do you like most about the it? Or is it just a cultural thing?
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 2:40:44 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 2:34:27 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Practice ijtihad does not literally mean mujtahid, since neither the word "practice" or "ijtihad" literally means mujtahid. So you sound dumb. They are not synonymous terms so it cannot literally mean it. That's like saying dog literally means cat. Debunked.

- Mujtahid literally means "one who practices Ijtihad", by definition. Just like Mufta'il literally means "one who practices Ifti'al". This is first grade Arabic basics.
an remotely what you imagine it means.

Response: It means exactly what I said

- Unfortunately, or fortunately, you have no authority to invent definitions. Words mean what their linguistic or terminological definition is. Not definitions invented by you.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...