Total Posts:33|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Atheists: Why don't you believe in God?

NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 5:56:10 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
This is something that has been bugging me for a while. Okay, I'll go ahead and say it. I used to be an Atheist. I'll tell you why I was. First and foremost, I was upset that I couldn't be God, I despised Him. Second, I was disgusted at the fact that He didn't allow homosexuality, abortion, etc. I thought to myself, why wouldn't a loving God allow people to make personal choices? I was also upset at the fact that, according to the Bible, there is an actual place called hell. It made me upset and once again I thought to myself why would a loving God permit such a thing? Lastly, it was human suffering. You can say I've been through quite a lot. I was mad because I thought either God wasn't helping me because He despised me or he has simply abandoned me.

After much thought and consideration, I came to the conclusion that I was being selfish, ignorant, and was unaware of the truth about the Bible.

It all comes down to this question. Atheists: Do you hate God? Please be honest with yourselves.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 6:10:51 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
If you hated god then you WERE NOT AN ATHEIST.
An atheist does not believe that there is a god.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 6:12:50 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 5:56:10 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
This is something that has been bugging me for a while. Okay, I'll go ahead and say it. I used to be an Atheist. I'll tell you why I was. First and foremost, I was upset that I couldn't be God, I despised Him. Second, I was disgusted at the fact that He didn't allow homosexuality, abortion, etc. I thought to myself, why wouldn't a loving God allow people to make personal choices? I was also upset at the fact that, according to the Bible, there is an actual place called hell. It made me upset and once again I thought to myself why would a loving God permit such a thing? Lastly, it was human suffering. You can say I've been through quite a lot. I was mad because I thought either God wasn't helping me because He despised me or he has simply abandoned me.

After much thought and consideration, I came to the conclusion that I was being selfish, ignorant, and was unaware of the truth about the Bible.

It all comes down to this question. Atheists: Do you hate God? Please be honest with yourselves.

I am sure you have had this answered for you before, but if you insist...

I have never hated god. This is just a non sequitur. I have no reason for me to believe a god exist, so rather it follows that I can't hate it.

This is like the entire plot to that movie "God is not dead". It is the worst sort of strawman of how atheists approach this question. If you honestly want to understand, you should just legitimately drop this notion from your mind.
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 6:17:06 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 6:12:50 PM, TBR wrote:
At 12/19/2015 5:56:10 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
This is something that has been bugging me for a while. Okay, I'll go ahead and say it. I used to be an Atheist. I'll tell you why I was. First and foremost, I was upset that I couldn't be God, I despised Him. Second, I was disgusted at the fact that He didn't allow homosexuality, abortion, etc. I thought to myself, why wouldn't a loving God allow people to make personal choices? I was also upset at the fact that, according to the Bible, there is an actual place called hell. It made me upset and once again I thought to myself why would a loving God permit such a thing? Lastly, it was human suffering. You can say I've been through quite a lot. I was mad because I thought either God wasn't helping me because He despised me or he has simply abandoned me.

After much thought and consideration, I came to the conclusion that I was being selfish, ignorant, and was unaware of the truth about the Bible.

It all comes down to this question. Atheists: Do you hate God? Please be honest with yourselves.

I am sure you have had this answered for you before, but if you insist...

I have never hated god. This is just a non sequitur. I have no reason for me to believe a god exist, so rather it follows that I can't hate it.

This is like the entire plot to that movie "God is not dead". It is the worst sort of strawman of how atheists approach this question. If you honestly want to understand, you should just legitimately drop this notion from your mind.
You have no reason to believe a god exists? Why is that?
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 6:19:52 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 6:10:51 PM, SNP1 wrote:
If you hated god then you WERE NOT AN ATHEIST.
An atheist does not believe that there is a god.
Will you admit, at the very least, that God might exist?
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 6:21:42 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 5:56:10 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
This is something that has been bugging me for a while. Okay, I'll go ahead and say it. I used to be an Atheist. I'll tell you why I was. First and foremost, I was upset that I couldn't be God, I despised Him. Second, I was disgusted at the fact that He didn't allow homosexuality, abortion, etc. I thought to myself, why wouldn't a loving God allow people to make personal choices? I was also upset at the fact that, according to the Bible, there is an actual place called hell. It made me upset and once again I thought to myself why would a loving God permit such a thing? Lastly, it was human suffering. You can say I've been through quite a lot. I was mad because I thought either God wasn't helping me because He despised me or he has simply abandoned me.

After much thought and consideration, I came to the conclusion that I was being selfish, ignorant, and was unaware of the truth about the Bible.

It all comes down to this question. Atheists: Do you hate God? Please be honest with yourselves.

I don't see an honest word in your OP.

To the question, it would be like asking if I hated Bigfoot or the Loch Ness monster. How can anyone hate something that has never been shown to exist? Clearly, you have no clue what it means to be atheist.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 6:22:18 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 6:17:06 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 12/19/2015 6:12:50 PM, TBR wrote:
At 12/19/2015 5:56:10 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
This is something that has been bugging me for a while. Okay, I'll go ahead and say it. I used to be an Atheist. I'll tell you why I was. First and foremost, I was upset that I couldn't be God, I despised Him. Second, I was disgusted at the fact that He didn't allow homosexuality, abortion, etc. I thought to myself, why wouldn't a loving God allow people to make personal choices? I was also upset at the fact that, according to the Bible, there is an actual place called hell. It made me upset and once again I thought to myself why would a loving God permit such a thing? Lastly, it was human suffering. You can say I've been through quite a lot. I was mad because I thought either God wasn't helping me because He despised me or he has simply abandoned me.

After much thought and consideration, I came to the conclusion that I was being selfish, ignorant, and was unaware of the truth about the Bible.

It all comes down to this question. Atheists: Do you hate God? Please be honest with yourselves.

I am sure you have had this answered for you before, but if you insist...

I have never hated god. This is just a non sequitur. I have no reason for me to believe a god exist, so rather it follows that I can't hate it.

This is like the entire plot to that movie "God is not dead". It is the worst sort of strawman of how atheists approach this question. If you honestly want to understand, you should just legitimately drop this notion from your mind.
You have no reason to believe a god exists? Why is that?

Because there just is none. Every fanciful notion ever pushed by the faithful reads as nonsense to me. It really is much more simply then you want to make it. No complex back story, no wrong in my past that I have to hate god over. There just is no convincing bit of anything.
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 6:25:13 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 6:22:18 PM, TBR wrote:
At 12/19/2015 6:17:06 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 12/19/2015 6:12:50 PM, TBR wrote:
At 12/19/2015 5:56:10 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
This is something that has been bugging me for a while. Okay, I'll go ahead and say it. I used to be an Atheist. I'll tell you why I was. First and foremost, I was upset that I couldn't be God, I despised Him. Second, I was disgusted at the fact that He didn't allow homosexuality, abortion, etc. I thought to myself, why wouldn't a loving God allow people to make personal choices? I was also upset at the fact that, according to the Bible, there is an actual place called hell. It made me upset and once again I thought to myself why would a loving God permit such a thing? Lastly, it was human suffering. You can say I've been through quite a lot. I was mad because I thought either God wasn't helping me because He despised me or he has simply abandoned me.

After much thought and consideration, I came to the conclusion that I was being selfish, ignorant, and was unaware of the truth about the Bible.

It all comes down to this question. Atheists: Do you hate God? Please be honest with yourselves.

I am sure you have had this answered for you before, but if you insist...

I have never hated god. This is just a non sequitur. I have no reason for me to believe a god exist, so rather it follows that I can't hate it.

This is like the entire plot to that movie "God is not dead". It is the worst sort of strawman of how atheists approach this question. If you honestly want to understand, you should just legitimately drop this notion from your mind.
You have no reason to believe a god exists? Why is that?

Because there just is none. Every fanciful notion ever pushed by the faithful reads as nonsense to me. It really is much more simply then you want to make it. No complex back story, no wrong in my past that I have to hate god over. There just is no convincing bit of anything.
If you're saying there is no evidence for God, you are poorly mistaken. You need to watch this video by Prager University, "Does Science Argue for or against God?" You can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com...
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 6:27:19 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 6:25:13 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 12/19/2015 6:22:18 PM, TBR wrote:
At 12/19/2015 6:17:06 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 12/19/2015 6:12:50 PM, TBR wrote:
At 12/19/2015 5:56:10 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
This is something that has been bugging me for a while. Okay, I'll go ahead and say it. I used to be an Atheist. I'll tell you why I was. First and foremost, I was upset that I couldn't be God, I despised Him. Second, I was disgusted at the fact that He didn't allow homosexuality, abortion, etc. I thought to myself, why wouldn't a loving God allow people to make personal choices? I was also upset at the fact that, according to the Bible, there is an actual place called hell. It made me upset and once again I thought to myself why would a loving God permit such a thing? Lastly, it was human suffering. You can say I've been through quite a lot. I was mad because I thought either God wasn't helping me because He despised me or he has simply abandoned me.

After much thought and consideration, I came to the conclusion that I was being selfish, ignorant, and was unaware of the truth about the Bible.

It all comes down to this question. Atheists: Do you hate God? Please be honest with yourselves.

I am sure you have had this answered for you before, but if you insist...

I have never hated god. This is just a non sequitur. I have no reason for me to believe a god exist, so rather it follows that I can't hate it.

This is like the entire plot to that movie "God is not dead". It is the worst sort of strawman of how atheists approach this question. If you honestly want to understand, you should just legitimately drop this notion from your mind.
You have no reason to believe a god exists? Why is that?

Because there just is none. Every fanciful notion ever pushed by the faithful reads as nonsense to me. It really is much more simply then you want to make it. No complex back story, no wrong in my past that I have to hate god over. There just is no convincing bit of anything.
If you're saying there is no evidence for God, you are poorly mistaken. You need to watch this video by Prager University, "Does Science Argue for or against God?" You can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com...

Prager University you say... Well, this will be entertaining.

Look. If you had any proof of a god, you would be a celebrated man.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 6:34:31 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Why do you think this video does anything to prove a god? Its just the fine-tuning argument. There is no proof in this argument, just rehashing the well trod ground will do nothing to answer your original question. Is that all you want, an argument over fine-tuning?
Malsent
Posts: 29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 7:56:40 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 5:56:10 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
This is something that has been bugging me for a while. Okay, I'll go ahead and say it. I used to be an Atheist. I'll tell you why I was. First and foremost, I was upset that I couldn't be God, I despised Him. Second, I was disgusted at the fact that He didn't allow homosexuality, abortion, etc. I thought to myself, why wouldn't a loving God allow people to make personal choices? I was also upset at the fact that, according to the Bible, there is an actual place called hell. It made me upset and once again I thought to myself why would a loving God permit such a thing? Lastly, it was human suffering. You can say I've been through quite a lot. I was mad because I thought either God wasn't helping me because He despised me or he has simply abandoned me.

After much thought and consideration, I came to the conclusion that I was being selfish, ignorant, and was unaware of the truth about the Bible.

It all comes down to this question. Atheists: Do you hate God? Please be honest with yourselves.

I honestly think you are lying about your history in your post because you would be the first person I've talked to with that sort of history, but I'll go ahead and play along.

As others have noted, you were not an atheist, you were a theist who hated god--huge difference. Atheists predominately lack a belief in god, others go as far as to make the claim that god(s) do not exist which is a minor difference except as far as the technicalities of argumentation go and is a topic for a whole other epistemological discussion.

Why don't I believe in a god or gods? Because there is no evidence positively indicative of and exclusively concordant with such a proposition; simple as that. There is no evidence that makes it necessary to posit any god and Occam's Razor makes such an addition unlikely and doing so unnecessarily muddies the waters.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2015 9:16:07 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 6:10:51 PM, SNP1 wrote:
If you hated god then you WERE NOT AN ATHEIST.
An atheist does not believe that there is a god.

This.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 8:15:41 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 6:19:52 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 12/19/2015 6:10:51 PM, SNP1 wrote:
If you hated god then you WERE NOT AN ATHEIST.
An atheist does not believe that there is a god.
Will you admit, at the very least, that God might exist?

1) Define God
2) What presuppositions are being made?
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 8:32:13 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 5:56:10 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
Do you hate God? Please be honest with yourselves.

Which one? Validated how?

Please be honest with me.
missmedic
Posts: 386
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 3:27:42 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 6:19:52 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 12/19/2015 6:10:51 PM, SNP1 wrote:
If you hated god then you WERE NOT AN ATHEIST.
An atheist does not believe that there is a god.
Will you admit, at the very least, that God might exist?

A god might exist, but to claim to know god is arrogant and ignorant. The claim to know what god is, empowers the knower not the god.
So yes god might exist, because I do not know what god is, but I do know what god is not.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 3:45:45 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
I lost my Christian faith by the time I was 19, and the doubts were too overwhelming to disregard.
Pollux
Posts: 241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 3:49:37 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 5:56:10 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
This is something that has been bugging me for a while. Okay, I'll go ahead and say it. I used to be an Atheist. I'll tell you why I was. First and foremost, I was upset that I couldn't be God, I despised Him. Second, I was disgusted at the fact that He didn't allow homosexuality, abortion, etc. I thought to myself, why wouldn't a loving God allow people to make personal choices? I was also upset at the fact that, according to the Bible, there is an actual place called hell. It made me upset and once again I thought to myself why would a loving God permit such a thing? Lastly, it was human suffering. You can say I've been through quite a lot. I was mad because I thought either God wasn't helping me because He despised me or he has simply abandoned me.

After much thought and consideration, I came to the conclusion that I was being selfish, ignorant, and was unaware of the truth about the Bible.

It all comes down to this question. Atheists: Do you hate God? Please be honest with yourselves.

Liar. You weren't an atheist.

Adults don't hate the tooth fairy, they just laugh at other adults who believe in the tooth fairy.
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 3:57:52 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Because believers prove that gods don't exist.
Believers can provide no evidence that supports the claim that the gods of their claim actually exists.
Evidence, without argument, that the claim of god's existence is bogus and supplied by the claimants.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 4:04:43 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 5:56:10 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
I was mad because I thought either God wasn't helping me because He despised me or he has simply abandoned me.

Just to keep beating that dead hoarse... According to your story you were, by definition, never an atheist.
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 5:36:07 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 6:27:19 PM, TBR wrote:
At 12/19/2015 6:25:13 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 12/19/2015 6:22:18 PM, TBR wrote:
At 12/19/2015 6:17:06 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 12/19/2015 6:12:50 PM, TBR wrote:
At 12/19/2015 5:56:10 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
This is something that has been bugging me for a while. Okay, I'll go ahead and say it. I used to be an Atheist. I'll tell you why I was. First and foremost, I was upset that I couldn't be God, I despised Him. Second, I was disgusted at the fact that He didn't allow homosexuality, abortion, etc. I thought to myself, why wouldn't a loving God allow people to make personal choices? I was also upset at the fact that, according to the Bible, there is an actual place called hell. It made me upset and once again I thought to myself why would a loving God permit such a thing? Lastly, it was human suffering. You can say I've been through quite a lot. I was mad because I thought either God wasn't helping me because He despised me or he has simply abandoned me.

After much thought and consideration, I came to the conclusion that I was being selfish, ignorant, and was unaware of the truth about the Bible.

It all comes down to this question. Atheists: Do you hate God? Please be honest with yourselves.

I am sure you have had this answered for you before, but if you insist...

I have never hated god. This is just a non sequitur. I have no reason for me to believe a god exist, so rather it follows that I can't hate it.

This is like the entire plot to that movie "God is not dead". It is the worst sort of strawman of how atheists approach this question. If you honestly want to understand, you should just legitimately drop this notion from your mind.
You have no reason to believe a god exists? Why is that?

Because there just is none. Every fanciful notion ever pushed by the faithful reads as nonsense to me. It really is much more simply then you want to make it. No complex back story, no wrong in my past that I have to hate god over. There just is no convincing bit of anything.
If you're saying there is no evidence for God, you are poorly mistaken. You need to watch this video by Prager University, "Does Science Argue for or against God?" You can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com...

Prager University you say... Well, this will be entertaining.

Look. If you had any proof of a god, you would be a celebrated man.
You want proof for God? Look around you!

Do you actually think a random explosion could have caused this?
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 5:41:34 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/19/2015 6:21:42 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/19/2015 5:56:10 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
This is something that has been bugging me for a while. Okay, I'll go ahead and say it. I used to be an Atheist. I'll tell you why I was. First and foremost, I was upset that I couldn't be God, I despised Him. Second, I was disgusted at the fact that He didn't allow homosexuality, abortion, etc. I thought to myself, why wouldn't a loving God allow people to make personal choices? I was also upset at the fact that, according to the Bible, there is an actual place called hell. It made me upset and once again I thought to myself why would a loving God permit such a thing? Lastly, it was human suffering. You can say I've been through quite a lot. I was mad because I thought either God wasn't helping me because He despised me or he has simply abandoned me.

After much thought and consideration, I came to the conclusion that I was being selfish, ignorant, and was unaware of the truth about the Bible.

It all comes down to this question. Atheists: Do you hate God? Please be honest with yourselves.

I don't see an honest word in your OP.

To the question, it would be like asking if I hated Bigfoot or the Loch Ness monster. How can anyone hate something that has never been shown to exist? Clearly, you have no clue what it means to be atheist.
You cannot compare the existence of Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster to God.

There is no good evidence at all for those cryptids. There is very good evidence for God.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
Pollux
Posts: 241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 5:41:37 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
The Big Bang was neither an explosion nor random.

Most often, when Christians make claims its equivalent to someone rejecting Christianity because they don't like the idea of Mary being God and not shaving her legs often enough. They have no clue what they're talking about.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 5:41:48 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
You want proof for God? Look around you!

Do you actually think a random explosion could have caused this?

I am not looking for proof of a god, you may but I am not. If proof is there, fine, otherwise, no concern for me.

Well, aside from the issues I have with you calling it an "explosion", I will say sure. Yea, the BBT is the best theory going at this moment, I have no real issue with it. Just tossing in a god makes no real sense, and your credulous need for a god does little for me.
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 6:01:21 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
"If I'm wrong about God then I've wasted my life. If you're wrong about God then you've wasted your eternity." - Lecrae
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 6:14:24 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/20/2015 5:41:34 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 12/19/2015 6:21:42 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/19/2015 5:56:10 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
This is something that has been bugging me for a while. Okay, I'll go ahead and say it. I used to be an Atheist. I'll tell you why I was. First and foremost, I was upset that I couldn't be God, I despised Him. Second, I was disgusted at the fact that He didn't allow homosexuality, abortion, etc. I thought to myself, why wouldn't a loving God allow people to make personal choices? I was also upset at the fact that, according to the Bible, there is an actual place called hell. It made me upset and once again I thought to myself why would a loving God permit such a thing? Lastly, it was human suffering. You can say I've been through quite a lot. I was mad because I thought either God wasn't helping me because He despised me or he has simply abandoned me.

After much thought and consideration, I came to the conclusion that I was being selfish, ignorant, and was unaware of the truth about the Bible.

It all comes down to this question. Atheists: Do you hate God? Please be honest with yourselves.

I don't see an honest word in your OP.

To the question, it would be like asking if I hated Bigfoot or the Loch Ness monster. How can anyone hate something that has never been shown to exist? Clearly, you have no clue what it means to be atheist.
You cannot compare the existence of Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster to God.

Evidently, I just did, and you have yet to distinguish any differences between them.

There is no good evidence at all for those cryptids. There is very good evidence for God.

And yet, you nor anyone else has ever produced a shred of evidence for God.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Pollux
Posts: 241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 6:21:22 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/20/2015 6:01:21 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
"If I'm wrong about God then I've wasted my life. If you're wrong about God then you've wasted your eternity." - Lecrae

That's what Muslims tell me.
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 6:23:09 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/20/2015 6:14:24 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/20/2015 5:41:34 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 12/19/2015 6:21:42 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/19/2015 5:56:10 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
This is something that has been bugging me for a while. Okay, I'll go ahead and say it. I used to be an Atheist. I'll tell you why I was. First and foremost, I was upset that I couldn't be God, I despised Him. Second, I was disgusted at the fact that He didn't allow homosexuality, abortion, etc. I thought to myself, why wouldn't a loving God allow people to make personal choices? I was also upset at the fact that, according to the Bible, there is an actual place called hell. It made me upset and once again I thought to myself why would a loving God permit such a thing? Lastly, it was human suffering. You can say I've been through quite a lot. I was mad because I thought either God wasn't helping me because He despised me or he has simply abandoned me.

After much thought and consideration, I came to the conclusion that I was being selfish, ignorant, and was unaware of the truth about the Bible.

It all comes down to this question. Atheists: Do you hate God? Please be honest with yourselves.

I don't see an honest word in your OP.

To the question, it would be like asking if I hated Bigfoot or the Loch Ness monster. How can anyone hate something that has never been shown to exist? Clearly, you have no clue what it means to be atheist.
You cannot compare the existence of Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster to God.

Evidently, I just did, and you have yet to distinguish any differences between them.

There is no good evidence at all for those cryptids. There is very good evidence for God.

And yet, you nor anyone else has ever produced a shred of evidence for God.
Nobody has produced a shred of evidence for God! That's absurd.

You need to watch this video: http://tinyurl.com...

It gives plenty of evidence for God.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
Pollux
Posts: 241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 6:27:42 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
There is no definitive evidence for God.

That's why a Muslim terrorist and a Christian abortion clinic bomber use the same math and chemistry (they must) but believe all sorts of weird things about God.

There are no arguments for the existence of God they cannot also be offered by a lunatic who claims to be married to the ghost of Elvis.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 6:34:47 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/20/2015 6:23:09 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 12/20/2015 6:14:24 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/20/2015 5:41:34 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 12/19/2015 6:21:42 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/19/2015 5:56:10 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
This is something that has been bugging me for a while. Okay, I'll go ahead and say it. I used to be an Atheist. I'll tell you why I was. First and foremost, I was upset that I couldn't be God, I despised Him. Second, I was disgusted at the fact that He didn't allow homosexuality, abortion, etc. I thought to myself, why wouldn't a loving God allow people to make personal choices? I was also upset at the fact that, according to the Bible, there is an actual place called hell. It made me upset and once again I thought to myself why would a loving God permit such a thing? Lastly, it was human suffering. You can say I've been through quite a lot. I was mad because I thought either God wasn't helping me because He despised me or he has simply abandoned me.

After much thought and consideration, I came to the conclusion that I was being selfish, ignorant, and was unaware of the truth about the Bible.

It all comes down to this question. Atheists: Do you hate God? Please be honest with yourselves.

I don't see an honest word in your OP.

To the question, it would be like asking if I hated Bigfoot or the Loch Ness monster. How can anyone hate something that has never been shown to exist? Clearly, you have no clue what it means to be atheist.
You cannot compare the existence of Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster to God.

Evidently, I just did, and you have yet to distinguish any differences between them.

There is no good evidence at all for those cryptids. There is very good evidence for God.

And yet, you nor anyone else has ever produced a shred of evidence for God.
Nobody has produced a shred of evidence for God! That's absurd.

You need to watch this video: http://tinyurl.com...

It gives plenty of evidence for God.

And an argument from ignorance. OK, your bar for proof is just ridiculous.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 6:37:10 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/20/2015 6:01:21 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
"If I'm wrong about God then I've wasted my life. If you're wrong about God then you've wasted your eternity." - Lecrae

And Pascal's wager. So, you want me to start "believing" because of fear? I can't beleive because I am frightened of eternity, and punishment. This is just going downhill.