Jump to topic:

Religion bad, mind altering drugs okay?

GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 2:01:56 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
I debated a person lately that told me that religion was bad. She felt it was "not being honest with herself", etc. If that's how she feels then fine...

But then in another debate she told me that drugs were fine, not unethical, and that what a person does with their own body is their own business. Okay, fine.

So here is my question. Why is it okay to use mind altering drugs Why is that your own business? But then what one does with their mind spiritually does not follow under the same guideline/rules? Why do drugs not make one mad but beliefs do?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2015 2:18:51 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/20/2015 2:01:56 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
I debated a person lately that told me that religion was bad. She felt it was "not being honest with herself", etc. If that's how she feels then fine...

But then in another debate she told me that drugs were fine, not unethical, and that what a person does with their own body is their own business. Okay, fine.

So here is my question. Why is it okay to use mind altering drugs Why is that your own business? But then what one does with their mind spiritually does not follow under the same guideline/rules? Why do drugs not make one mad but beliefs do?

What does that even mean? Please clarify.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2016 11:27:05 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Good question worm
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...