Jump to topic:

Did Jesus have Asperger's syndrome?

JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 5:07:35 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
I wonder if Jesus could have had this condition, it appears he was intelligent; a lot of very bright people have Aspergers.. Without a thought for his parents, at the age of twelve he disappeared off to the Temple in Jerusalem to challenge the religious hierarchy.

I speak as one who has any extremely intelligent grandson, now nearly 14, who challenged his mother at the age of two to explain how she knew Jesus existed as she couldn't see, hear or feel him! Our lad would certainly have given Jesus a run for his money. On the occasions he has consented to go to church with his mother he has interrupted the sermon and challenged the preacher, very politely, on some point they had made with which he didn't agree, YE GODS! As you can imagine he doesn't get taken to church very often. As our grandson has Asperger's syndrome he thinks his behaviour is reasonable, as no doubt did Jesus!
be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 5:25:12 PM
At 12/21/2015 5:07:35 PM, JJ50 wrote:
I wonder if Jesus could have had this condition, it appears he was intelligent; a lot of very bright people have Aspergers.. Without a thought for his parents, at the age of twelve he disappeared off to the Temple in Jerusalem to challenge the religious hierarchy.

I speak as one who has any extremely intelligent grandson, now nearly 14, who challenged his mother at the age of two to explain how she knew Jesus existed as she couldn't see, hear or feel him! Our lad would certainly have given Jesus a run for his money. On the occasions he has consented to go to church with his mother he has interrupted the sermon and challenged the preacher, very politely, on some point they had made with which he didn't agree, YE GODS! As you can imagine he doesn't get taken to church very often. As our grandson has Asperger's syndrome he thinks his behaviour is reasonable, as no doubt did Jesus!

Your grandson sounds like an amazing young man.

I'm not sure if you are a Christian or not, but Jesus had no, "defects," as some might label Asperger's syndrome.

When it comes to a relationship in Christ, with Him, it's all about simplicity.

Matthew 11:25: At that time Jesus prayed this prayer: "O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, thank you for hiding these things from those who think themselves wise and clever, and for revealing them to the childlike.

It really has little to do with natural intelligence. God can reveal His truth even to the most uneducated person.

In many ways, I do believe that children and adults with down-syndrome and other disorders are very special to God. They have this precious innocence that can't ever be overlooked. I think they are special gifts from God to show us what it means to be pure hearted.

As far as Jesus having any sort of condition, I could never agree with that. He is God with us. And His ways are much higher than ours.

Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 5:27:23 PM
At 12/21/2015 5:25:12 PM, be_diligent wrote:

I'm not sure if you are a Christian or not, but Jesus had no, "defects," as some might label Asperger's syndrome.

Matthew 11:25: At that time Jesus prayed this prayer: "O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, thank you for hiding these things from those who think themselves wise and clever, and for revealing them to the childlike.

It really has little to do with natural intelligence. God can reveal His truth even to the most uneducated person.

In many ways, I do believe that children and adults with down-syndrome and other disorders are very special to God. They have this precious innocence that can't ever be overlooked. I think they are special gifts from God to show us what it means to be pure hearted.

As far as Jesus having any sort of condition, I could never agree with that. He is God with us. And His ways are much higher than ours.

Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Jesus was human as the rest of us with faults and failings, that much is obvious from the gospel accounts of his behaviour!
be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 5:35:23 PM
At 12/21/2015 5:27:23 PM, JJ50 wrote:
At 12/21/2015 5:25:12 PM, be_diligent wrote:

Jesus was human as the rest of us with faults and failings, that much is obvious from the gospel accounts of his behaviour!

He was without sin.

We are not. The bible says this:

Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

That verse is speaking of us.

But Jesus was and is perfect.

Hebrews 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Philippians 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

As you know, Emmanuel means, "God with us." That is who Jesus is. He is the only way the only truth and the only life. No man comes to the Father but by Him.

He's Lord and Savior, and no man can take that tile. It is His. It always has been.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 5:53:54 PM

Of course not, you need to go look up the definition. Jesus was the opposite of that. He was both sociable and a good communicator He just was not a compromiser, READ THE GOSPELS grandma!

Jesus was a spiritual man without deviation or question, most atheists and the secular folks view that as odd, but in the Kingdom of God it is necessary and normal, welcome to the spiritual.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 6:02:16 PM

I believe that the Christian response would be that Christ was a perfect human and doesn't fit into profiling because all psychological profiling is based on flaws in our personality resulting from original sin.
DanMGTOW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 6:19:48 PM

why do you assume jesus was very intelligent?
some of the things jesus said showed off his ignorance and arrogance
such as: mark 2:25-26 vs 1 samuel 21:1-3 - jesus names the wrong priest in the story, to make it worse the name of the priest doesn't add anything to the story
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 6:25:39 PM
At 12/21/2015 6:19:48 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:

Let's put it this way, Jesus has impacted the world like no other single Being, ever. You are nothing but dust in the wind with no chance of impacting anything accept your own poor children (unfortunately), you shouldn't even say the name Jesus.

such as: mark 2:25-26 vs 1 samuel 21:1-3 - jesus names the wrong priest in the story, to make it worse the name of the priest doesn't add anything to the story
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 6:28:23 PM
At 12/21/2015 6:25:39 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Let's put it this way, Jesus has impacted the world like no other single Being, ever. You are nothing but dust in the wind with no chance of impacting anything accept your own poor children (unfortunately), you shouldn't even say the name Jesus.

*Except*, excuse me...

Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 8:21:05 PM
At 12/21/2015 5:53:54 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Of course not, you need to go look up the definition. Jesus was the opposite of that. He was both sociable and a good communicator He just was not a compromiser, READ THE GOSPELS grandma!

Jesus was a spiritual man without deviation or question, most atheists and the secular folks view that as odd, but in the Kingdom of God it is necessary and normal, welcome to the spiritual.

Jesus was not a very bright person. He said things that got him killed. He tried to get away by saying it was God who put the dumb things in his mouth.
John 12:49 For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken.

That got tbe people even more mad, now he was calling God dumb and responsible for his dumb sayings. They crucified him for being a blasphemous liar and lunatic.
DanMGTOW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 8:37:16 PM

just because a lot of people believe the same fairy tales that you do, doesn't mean those they are true. if you really believe that non-sense, then why are you so afraid of asking your god why it doesn't want me to believe in it? or is your god so weak and pathetic that it can't even get my attention, so that it could convince me?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2015 6:51:49 AM

Hell of a publicity dept, with a tough selling point "convert or die". I get ya.

Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2015 1:16:40 PM
At 12/21/2015 8:37:16 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:

just because a lot of people believe the same fairy tales that you do, doesn't mean those they are true. if you really believe that non-sense, then why are you so afraid of asking your god why it doesn't want me to believe in it? or is your god so weak and pathetic that it can't even get my attention, so that it could convince me?

We've been over all of this, remember who you are talking to when you repeat your silly questions at least.
Who said I'm afraid? you're the one unwilling to do the work, not me. I do my own work, I can't force you to do that.
Beyond that, it looks like God does have your attention, you mock Him everyday on here lol, do you normally like to mock what doesn't have your attention? how does that work?
Philocat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2015 1:24:39 PM
Symptoms of Asperger's mainly revolve around being socially awkward and emotionally unintelligent. Jesus seemed to be the opposite. He was very social (he basically spent his life teaching others and leading disciples) and spoke very emotively.

On the whole, I think it unlikely that he had Asperger's syndrome.
DanMGTOW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2015 4:43:50 PM
At 12/22/2015 1:16:40 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

We've been over all of this, remember who you are talking to when you repeat your silly questions at least.
Who said I'm afraid? you're the one unwilling to do the work, not me. I do my own work, I can't force you to do that.
Beyond that, it looks like God does have your attention, you mock Him everyday on here lol, do you normally like to mock what doesn't have your attention? how does that work?

why shouldn't i repeat my "silly questions", since you are to afraid to answer them?
oh i see, your god is so incompetent that my being here is the best it can do?
so your god ran out of magic tricks to perform, like the burning bush or road to damascus? how very convenient, but i expect those excuses for someone's imaginary friend
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 12:17:44 AM

Jesus was pretty good in social situations and had to be, in order to build such a large following. It's unlikely he had Aspergers. I also am skeptical of his intelligence. The guy basically spouted stoic philosophy, but it seemed to be a very immature stoic philosophy, and was definitely surpassed by people such as Seneca.

s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 12:30:12 AM

Christ is shown as being very empathetic. Asperger's syndrom is an impairment of one's ability to socially relate.