Jump to topic:

The Arc

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 1:47:17 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Can anyone supply a passage that describes the loss of the Arc of the covenant?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 2:18:05 PM
At 12/23/2015 1:47:17 PM, bulproof wrote:

... while I am sure there is an underlying reason as to why you haven't looked it up yourself, what exactly is the end-game on this one?

Exodus 25:10-22

Ark of the Covenant

10 "They shall construct an ark of acacia wood two and a half [a]cubits [b]long, and one and a half cubits [c]wide, and one and a half cubits [d]high. 11 You shall overlay it with pure gold, inside and out you shall overlay it, and you shall make a gold molding [e]around it. 12 You shall cast four gold rings for it and [f]fasten them on its four feet, and two rings shall be on one side of it and two rings on the other side of it. 13 You shall make poles of acacia wood and overlay them with gold. 14 You shall put the poles into the rings on the sides of the ark, to carry the ark with them. 15 The poles shall [g]remain in the rings of the ark; they shall not be removed from it. 16 You shall put into the ark the testimony which I shall give you.

17 "You shall make a [h]mercy seat of pure gold, two and a half [i]cubits [j]long and one and a half cubits [k]wide. 18 You shall make two cherubim of gold, make them of hammered work [l]at the two ends of the mercy seat. 19 Make one cherub [m]at one end and one cherub [n]at the other end; you shall make the cherubim of one piece with the mercy seat at its two ends. 20 The cherubim shall have their wings spread upward, covering the mercy seat with their wings and [o]facing one another; the faces of the cherubim are to be turned toward the mercy seat. 21 You shall put the mercy seat [p]on top of the ark, and in the ark you shall put the testimony which I will give to you. 22 There I will meet with you; and from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim which are upon the ark of the testimony, I will speak to you about all that I will give you in commandment for the sons of Israel.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 2:18:47 PM

Derp, sorry, ignore previous... the "loss" of. My bad.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 2:26:06 PM
At 12/23/2015 2:18:47 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

That's cool.................LOL.
I was wondering when I started reading.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 2:28:07 PM
At 12/23/2015 2:26:06 PM, bulproof wrote:

Casual looking into the matter has the Arc being in heaven (Revelations), possibly being sealed up in a cave, and hidden through miracle (non-canon) and destroyed in the temple, or simply missing when deployed elsewhere.
Because consistency is the Bible's hallmark.
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 2:34:25 PM
Don't you know? It's in a government warehouse. I saw it last night in an Indiana Jones movie.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 2:35:12 PM
At 12/23/2015 2:28:07 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 12/23/2015 2:26:06 PM, bulproof wrote:

Casual looking into the matter has the Arc being in heaven (Revelations), possibly being sealed up in a cave, and hidden through miracle (non-canon) and destroyed in the temple, or simply missing when deployed elsewhere.
Because consistency is the Bible's hallmark.
Do you think my question had an answer? I just wanted the botherers to twist their knickers into knots trying to give an answer.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 2:37:27 PM
As the village idiot I consider it my duty.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 3:43:10 PM

Some scholars suspect and or speculate that it was the Prophet Jeremiah that hid the Arc of the Covenant. But they would tell you they have no evidence nor documentation from what I understand. Some suspect that it maybe in Ethiopia with the Jewish community there. No one seems know and say so. But there's no scripture that shows where, that I know of.

But it maybe mood, as long as those authorized to make the things for the tabernacle, are the makers. It's my understanding that everything necessary for the temple is ready, it"s a matter of time now when the temple will be built in Jerusalem. Needless to say the Muslim leadership will spend every last Muslim"s life to prevent that from accruing. So brace yourself for the eventual nuk feast when you see the events headed that way.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 3:50:31 PM
At 12/23/2015 3:43:10 PM, DPMartin wrote:

Some scholars suspect and or speculate that it was the Prophet Jeremiah that hid the Arc of the Covenant. But they would tell you they have no evidence nor documentation from what I understand. Some suspect that it maybe in Ethiopia with the Jewish community there. No one seems know and say so. But there's no scripture that shows where, that I know of.

But it maybe mood, as long as those authorized to make the things for the tabernacle, are the makers. It's my understanding that everything necessary for the temple is ready, it"s a matter of time now when the temple will be built in Jerusalem. Needless to say the Muslim leadership will spend every last Muslim"s life to prevent that from accruing. So brace yourself for the eventual nuk feast when you see the events headed that way.
Maybe you didn't notice but I asked for bible passages.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 4:21:52 PM
At 12/23/2015 3:50:31 PM, bulproof wrote:

Maybe you didn't notice but I asked for bible passages.

maybe you didn't notice, but I said: there's no scripture that shows where, that I know of.
the rest is for your benifit because i like you so much. Na, that's not true, it's for the benifit of the others, i all ready know you don't pay attention.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 4:22:56 PM

Tidings of comfort and joy.