Total Posts:31|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Christmas - a time of lies and deceit.

MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 9:39:15 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Is it?

Think about it. you really can't call it anything else.

For those who like to think of themselves as Christian, it is a time when the celebrate the birth of someone who wasn't even born on that date, but at least 2 months earlier.

It is a time when they tell the Nativity story which includes "3 kings" who weren't even kings but astrologers, Magi, and not only that we have no idea how many, or few, they may have been, there may have been two of them or twenty.

Not only that but they didn't visit Jesus in a stable but in a house, and at least a year after his birth.

For the non-religious, and even for many of the religious it is one time of year when they teach their children to lie, tell them their presents come from Santa, and them make them thank friends and relatives for the very presents that Santa supposedly brought.

It is also a time when people over eat and over drink, a time of infidelities that lead to divorces, and sometimes also to assaults and murders.

It is a time when people selfishly kill others because they just had to have those last drinks, drove home and had what is inaccurately called an accident but morally at least is murder, with a deadly weapon, a car. It can't really, morally, be called manslaughter because no-one forced them to take that drink, nor did they drink it by accident.

It is also a time when women get so drunk they get pregnant and don't know who the father may be because they can' remember anything about it.

It is also a time when......... I'll let you work the rest out for yourself.

No wonder Jehovah and his son hate this time of year so much.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 9:42:10 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/23/2015 9:39:15 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Is it?

Think about it. you really can't call it anything else.

For those who like to think of themselves as Christian, it is a time when the celebrate the birth of someone who wasn't even born on that date, but at least 2 months earlier.

It is a time when they tell the Nativity story which includes "3 kings" who weren't even kings but astrologers, Magi, and not only that we have no idea how many, or few, they may have been, there may have been two of them or twenty.

Not only that but they didn't visit Jesus in a stable but in a house, and at least a year after his birth.

For the non-religious, and even for many of the religious it is one time of year when they teach their children to lie, tell them their presents come from Santa, and them make them thank friends and relatives for the very presents that Santa supposedly brought.

It is also a time when people over eat and over drink, a time of infidelities that lead to divorces, and sometimes also to assaults and murders.

It is a time when people selfishly kill others because they just had to have those last drinks, drove home and had what is inaccurately called an accident but morally at least is murder, with a deadly weapon, a car. It can't really, morally, be called manslaughter because no-one forced them to take that drink, nor did they drink it by accident.

It is also a time when women get so drunk they get pregnant and don't know who the father may be because they can' remember anything about it.

It is also a time when......... I'll let you work the rest out for yourself.

No wonder Jehovah and his son hate this time of year so much.

Did Mary get so drunk she got pregnant and didn't know who the father was?
lotsoffun
Posts: 1,610
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 9:47:46 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/23/2015 9:39:15 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Is it?

Think about it. you really can't call it anything else.

For those who like to think of themselves as Christian, it is a time when the celebrate the birth of someone who wasn't even born on that date, but at least 2 months earlier.

It is a time when they tell the Nativity story which includes "3 kings" who weren't even kings but astrologers, Magi, and not only that we have no idea how many, or few, they may have been, there may have been two of them or twenty.

Not only that but they didn't visit Jesus in a stable but in a house, and at least a year after his birth.

For the non-religious, and even for many of the religious it is one time of year when they teach their children to lie, tell them their presents come from Santa, and them make them thank friends and relatives for the very presents that Santa supposedly brought.

It is also a time when people over eat and over drink, a time of infidelities that lead to divorces, and sometimes also to assaults and murders.

It is a time when people selfishly kill others because they just had to have those last drinks, drove home and had what is inaccurately called an accident but morally at least is murder, with a deadly weapon, a car. It can't really, morally, be called manslaughter because no-one forced them to take that drink, nor did they drink it by accident.

It is also a time when women get so drunk they get pregnant and don't know who the father may be because they can' remember anything about it.

It is also a time when......... I'll let you work the rest out for yourself.

No wonder Jehovah and his son hate this time of year so much.

The details aren't important. It's the spirit of Christmas that counts. Bah, humbug, Scrouge!!!
Geogeer
Posts: 4,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 10:24:27 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/23/2015 9:39:15 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Is it?

Yes it is the time of year that people love to hate on Jesus and his mother by spreading hate and lies.

Merry Christmas MCB!
kjw47
Posts: 1,624
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 11:31:15 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/23/2015 9:47:46 PM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 12/23/2015 9:39:15 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Is it?

Think about it. you really can't call it anything else.

For those who like to think of themselves as Christian, it is a time when the celebrate the birth of someone who wasn't even born on that date, but at least 2 months earlier.

It is a time when they tell the Nativity story which includes "3 kings" who weren't even kings but astrologers, Magi, and not only that we have no idea how many, or few, they may have been, there may have been two of them or twenty.

Not only that but they didn't visit Jesus in a stable but in a house, and at least a year after his birth.

For the non-religious, and even for many of the religious it is one time of year when they teach their children to lie, tell them their presents come from Santa, and them make them thank friends and relatives for the very presents that Santa supposedly brought.

It is also a time when people over eat and over drink, a time of infidelities that lead to divorces, and sometimes also to assaults and murders.

It is a time when people selfishly kill others because they just had to have those last drinks, drove home and had what is inaccurately called an accident but morally at least is murder, with a deadly weapon, a car. It can't really, morally, be called manslaughter because no-one forced them to take that drink, nor did they drink it by accident.

It is also a time when women get so drunk they get pregnant and don't know who the father may be because they can' remember anything about it.

It is also a time when......... I'll let you work the rest out for yourself.

No wonder Jehovah and his son hate this time of year so much.

The details aren't important. It's the spirit of Christmas that counts. Bah, humbug, Scrouge!!!

It is 100% fact--many pagan additives off the table of demons were added to both celebrations to Jesus--every encyclopedia states these facts of history-- Gods word teaches--1Cor 10:21--one CANNOT partake off the table of God and off the table of demons, yet many teachers who call themselves-Christian--refuse to teach these facts because both holidays bring in big $$$$$$$
Jesus has 0 to do with anything that has pagan additives.
kjw47
Posts: 1,624
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 11:32:22 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/23/2015 10:24:27 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 12/23/2015 9:39:15 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Is it?

Yes it is the time of year that people love to hate on Jesus and his mother by spreading hate and lies.

Merry Christmas MCB!

every encyclopedia on earth says--MCB is 100% correct.
annanicole
Posts: 19,791
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 12:30:34 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/23/2015 9:39:15 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Is it?

Think about it. you really can't call it anything else.

For those who like to think of themselves as Christian, it is a time when the celebrate the birth of someone who wasn't even born on that date, but at least 2 months earlier.

Nobody knows when Jesus was born. Men can speculate based upon this or that, but no one knows. You really have no idea whether Jesus was born in what we now call Decemeber, or in November, or in October, or in September. You just don't know for sure. However, in good WatchTower tradition, don't let that stop you from venturing some guesses as to when it was ... or when it wasn't.

It is a time when they tell the Nativity story which includes "3 kings" who weren't even kings but astrologers, Magi, and not only that we have no idea how many, or few, they may have been, there may have been two of them or twenty.

No, there were a plural number of magi, and people have concluded that because there were three gifts, then there were three magi. Big deal.

Not only that but they didn't visit Jesus in a stable but in a house, and at least a year after his birth.

Another out-and-out speculation sourced to Brooklyn.


It is also a time when people over eat and over drink, a time of infidelities that lead to divorces, and sometimes also to assaults and murders.

It is a time when people selfishly kill others because they just had to have those last drinks, drove home and had what is inaccurately called an accident but morally at least is murder, with a deadly weapon, a car. It can't really, morally, be called manslaughter because no-one forced them to take that drink, nor did they drink it by accident.

People drink more when they are off from work, ya dimwit.

It is also a time when women get so drunk they get pregnant and don't know who the father may be because they can' remember anything about it.

It is also a time when......... I'll let you work the rest out for yourself.

No wonder Jehovah and his son hate this time of year so much.

Why, no one on here knew that the Father and the Son are up there counting days til the holiday season here on earth because they "hate it so much." Could you give us a passage that teaches that?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
lotsoffun
Posts: 1,610
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 2:19:07 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/23/2015 11:31:15 PM, kjw47 wrote:
At 12/23/2015 9:47:46 PM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 12/23/2015 9:39:15 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Is it?

Think about it. you really can't call it anything else.

For those who like to think of themselves as Christian, it is a time when the celebrate the birth of someone who wasn't even born on that date, but at least 2 months earlier.

It is a time when they tell the Nativity story which includes "3 kings" who weren't even kings but astrologers, Magi, and not only that we have no idea how many, or few, they may have been, there may have been two of them or twenty.

Not only that but they didn't visit Jesus in a stable but in a house, and at least a year after his birth.

For the non-religious, and even for many of the religious it is one time of year when they teach their children to lie, tell them their presents come from Santa, and them make them thank friends and relatives for the very presents that Santa supposedly brought.

It is also a time when people over eat and over drink, a time of infidelities that lead to divorces, and sometimes also to assaults and murders.

It is a time when people selfishly kill others because they just had to have those last drinks, drove home and had what is inaccurately called an accident but morally at least is murder, with a deadly weapon, a car. It can't really, morally, be called manslaughter because no-one forced them to take that drink, nor did they drink it by accident.

It is also a time when women get so drunk they get pregnant and don't know who the father may be because they can' remember anything about it.

It is also a time when......... I'll let you work the rest out for yourself.

No wonder Jehovah and his son hate this time of year so much.

The details aren't important. It's the spirit of Christmas that counts. Bah, humbug, Scrouge!!!



It is 100% fact--many pagan additives off the table of demons were added to both celebrations to Jesus--every encyclopedia states these facts of history-- Gods word teaches--1Cor 10:21--one CANNOT partake off the table of God and off the table of demons, yet many teachers who call themselves-Christian--refuse to teach these facts because both holidays bring in big $$$$$$$
Jesus has 0 to do with anything that has pagan additives.

Relax, have an egg nog and enjoy the company of your loved ones. Peace and good will to all. That's the spirit!!!
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 3:19:47 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/23/2015 9:39:15 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Think about it. you really can't call it anything else.
It is indeed a cynical appropriation of pagan festival turned vulgar commercial bacchanalia. It's pleasant to have a rare opportunity to agree with you, MCB...

No wonder Jehovah and his son hate this time of year so much.
...however briefly. :p

Notwithstanding that Christmas is a gross confection of falsehood and feigned sentiment, I don't think you can speak authoritatively for the reactions of independently unauthenticated characters. :)

In any case, have a peaceful and restful break, MCB.
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 3:24:54 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/23/2015 9:39:15 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
No wonder Jehovah and his son hate this time of year so much.
Please supply the bible verse that informs you of this.
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,489
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 12:19:59 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/24/2015 3:24:54 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/23/2015 9:39:15 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
No wonder Jehovah and his son hate this time of year so much.
Please supply the bible verse that informs you of this.

yeah prove your case mcb
Never fart near dog
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 1:17:46 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/24/2015 3:24:54 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/23/2015 9:39:15 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
No wonder Jehovah and his son hate this time of year so much.
Please supply the bible verse that informs you of this.

Just how pathetic are the haters like madman?
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 1:32:12 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
I find this Ironic for somebody that lies to themselves all the time. How is lying about Santa Clause any different than lying about the divinity of Jesus? Atleast with Santa the kid is really just playing along and knows it's pretend.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 1:44:24 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/24/2015 1:32:12 PM, Wylted wrote:
I find this Ironic for somebody that lies to themselves all the time. How is lying about Santa Clause any different than lying about the divinity of Jesus? Atleast with Santa the kid is really just playing along and knows it's pretend.

Because Einstein was not as enthralled with Santa as much as he was with the Nazarene.

Albert Einstein

"As a child I received instruction both in the Bible and in the Talmud. I am a Jew, but I am enthralled by the luminous figure of the Nazarene . . . . No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life. Jesus is too colossal for the pen of phrase-mongers, however artful. No man can dispose of Christianity with a bon mot."

" Quote taken from "What Life Means to Einstein," The Saturday Evening Post, October 26, 1929. Einstein was a physicist and professor at Princeton University. He lived from 1879-1955.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 2:03:51 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/24/2015 1:44:24 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/24/2015 1:32:12 PM, Wylted wrote:
I find this Ironic for somebody that lies to themselves all the time. How is lying about Santa Clause any different than lying about the divinity of Jesus? Atleast with Santa the kid is really just playing along and knows it's pretend.

Because Einstein was not as enthralled with Santa as much as he was with the Nazarene.

Albert Einstein

"As a child I received instruction both in the Bible and in the Talmud. I am a Jew, but I am enthralled by the luminous figure of the Nazarene . . . . No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life. Jesus is too colossal for the pen of phrase-mongers, however artful. No man can dispose of Christianity with a bon mot."

" Quote taken from "What Life Means to Einstein," The Saturday Evening Post, October 26, 1929. Einstein was a physicist and professor at Princeton University. He lived from 1879-1955.

I could just as easily say what Winstein said. I'm not sure how that is relevant
kjw47
Posts: 1,624
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 2:17:16 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/24/2015 12:19:59 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 12/24/2015 3:24:54 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/23/2015 9:39:15 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
No wonder Jehovah and his son hate this time of year so much.
Please supply the bible verse that informs you of this.

yeah prove your case mcb

Every encyclopedia informs the world of the pagan additives to this holiday. Reality--pagan additives are straight off the table of demons( 1Cor 10:21) and Gods inspired word says one -CANNOT- partake off of that table and off of Gods table--so its 100% fact--Jesus would have 0 to do with anything off the table of demons.
Fact--santa who is satan steals 98% of Christmas.---does one really think that Jesus is happy with 2%?
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 2:25:27 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/24/2015 2:17:16 PM, kjw47 wrote:
At 12/24/2015 12:19:59 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 12/24/2015 3:24:54 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/23/2015 9:39:15 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
No wonder Jehovah and his son hate this time of year so much.
Please supply the bible verse that informs you of this.

yeah prove your case mcb



Every encyclopedia informs the world of the pagan additives to this holiday. Reality--pagan additives are straight off the table of demons( 1Cor 10:21) and Gods inspired word says one -CANNOT- partake off of that table and off of Gods table--so its 100% fact--Jesus would have 0 to do with anything off the table of demons.
Fact--santa who is satan steals 98% of Christmas.---does one really think that Jesus is happy with 2%?
For a cult that claims to be christian, you and your lot certainly project a lot of HATE.
Don't worry you're not the only ones.
s-anthony
Posts: 2,582
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 3:18:09 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/23/2015 9:39:15 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Is it?

Think about it. you really can't call it anything else.

For those who like to think of themselves as Christian, it is a time when the celebrate the birth of someone who wasn't even born on that date, but at least 2 months earlier.

It is a time when they tell the Nativity story which includes "3 kings" who weren't even kings but astrologers, Magi, and not only that we have no idea how many, or few, they may have been, there may have been two of them or twenty.

Not only that but they didn't visit Jesus in a stable but in a house, and at least a year after his birth.

For the non-religious, and even for many of the religious it is one time of year when they teach their children to lie, tell them their presents come from Santa, and them make them thank friends and relatives for the very presents that Santa supposedly brought.

It is also a time when people over eat and over drink, a time of infidelities that lead to divorces, and sometimes also to assaults and murders.

It is a time when people selfishly kill others because they just had to have those last drinks, drove home and had what is inaccurately called an accident but morally at least is murder, with a deadly weapon, a car. It can't really, morally, be called manslaughter because no-one forced them to take that drink, nor did they drink it by accident.

It is also a time when women get so drunk they get pregnant and don't know who the father may be because they can' remember anything about it.

It is also a time when......... I'll let you work the rest out for yourself.

No wonder Jehovah and his son hate this time of year so much.

I believe the types of facts for which you're looking are not found in myth. They are found, rather, in history books. The traditions of Christmas are not meant to recount an actual event but something much deeper that speaks to one's soul.

To illustrate, Christmas is celebrated near the winter solstice, the time of year the sun makes its return. Winter for the ancients was a very dark and dreadful time, at least, for people who lived in very cold climates. Many people would not survive the winter, either from lack of heat or starvation. So, many cultures celebrate a festivity of lights to remind themselves of the brevity of winter; the longest night of the year also represents a return of hope, a return of prosperity, winter is followed by spring, a time of new life. In the gospels, Christ is called the Light of the World. Many symbols at Christmas speak of light, the Star of Bethlehem and the lights used to decorate a person's house and Christmas tree. Without this celebration of light, many holidays, extant and extinct, would not exist around this time of the year.

If your focus is on which day Christ was actually born, or whether he was visited by kings or magi, or whether he was found in a stable or a house, I believe you have missed the significance of Christmas, altogether.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 5:38:33 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/23/2015 11:32:22 PM, kjw47 wrote:
At 12/23/2015 10:24:27 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 12/23/2015 9:39:15 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Is it?

Yes it is the time of year that people love to hate on Jesus and his mother by spreading hate and lies.

Merry Christmas MCB!


every encyclopedia on earth says--MCB is 100% correct.

http://www.britannica.com...

Don't see it. Apparently you're wrong.
kjw47
Posts: 1,624
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 6:11:03 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/24/2015 5:38:33 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 12/23/2015 11:32:22 PM, kjw47 wrote:
At 12/23/2015 10:24:27 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 12/23/2015 9:39:15 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Is it?

Yes it is the time of year that people love to hate on Jesus and his mother by spreading hate and lies.

Merry Christmas MCB!


every encyclopedia on earth says--MCB is 100% correct.

http://www.britannica.com...

Don't see it. Apparently you're wrong.

You should look a little harder--Yule is guaranteed pagan-- The saturnalia festival--feasting and exchanging of gifts---
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 2:44:16 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/23/2015 9:39:15 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

It is also a time when......... I'll let you work the rest out for yourself.

No wonder Jehovah and his son hate this time of year so much.

Well, it's so nice to see you keeping the spirit of lies and deceit.

Merry Christmas to you, too.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
ReformedPresbyterian72598
Posts: 293
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 4:31:51 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Christmas was originally a pagan holiday.
http://www.simpletoremember.com...
Jesus was born during lambing season(obviously) which would be sometime in the spring.
I am more with you on this MCB. Our close relatives celebrate it, so we just play along and I don't mind that. The point is, this day is not a holy day. Hence, we are not revere it. Christ's coming and death ought to be celebrated every Lord's Day(a day which GOD HAS GIVEN US TO WORSHIP HIM, and not one WE have chosen). Why we are so keen on trying to making something Spiritually meaningful that was not ordained by God to be observed in the first place just shows the stupidity of man.
I've found to appreciate the time off with loved ones we don't always get to see. That's more what I see this time of year as, and for that reason it is worth it.
ReformedPresbyterian72598
Posts: 293
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 4:32:59 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/24/2015 11:08:22 PM, Pollux wrote:
I don't worry about any of that stuff. As an atheist, I just enjoy Christmas.

No problem with that dude. Same.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 7:05:27 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/24/2015 2:03:51 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/24/2015 1:44:24 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/24/2015 1:32:12 PM, Wylted wrote:
I find this Ironic for somebody that lies to themselves all the time. How is lying about Santa Clause any different than lying about the divinity of Jesus? Atleast with Santa the kid is really just playing along and knows it's pretend.

Because Einstein was not as enthralled with Santa as much as he was with the Nazarene.

Albert Einstein

"As a child I received instruction both in the Bible and in the Talmud. I am a Jew, but I am enthralled by the luminous figure of the Nazarene . . . . No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life. Jesus is too colossal for the pen of phrase-mongers, however artful. No man can dispose of Christianity with a bon mot."

" Quote taken from "What Life Means to Einstein," The Saturday Evening Post, October 26, 1929. Einstein was a physicist and professor at Princeton University. He lived from 1879-1955.

I could just as easily say what Winstein said. I'm not sure how that is relevant

It's the Jesus narrative Vs the Santa narrative, although the Santa narrative is more appealing to children the Jesus narrative is more captivating to adults, almost as if it has a divinity of it's own. Inspiring countless generations throughout the ages who live by it's principles of peace on earth and good will to all man.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 3:03:04 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/26/2015 7:05:27 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/24/2015 2:03:51 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/24/2015 1:44:24 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/24/2015 1:32:12 PM, Wylted wrote:
I find this Ironic for somebody that lies to themselves all the time. How is lying about Santa Clause any different than lying about the divinity of Jesus? Atleast with Santa the kid is really just playing along and knows it's pretend.

Because Einstein was not as enthralled with Santa as much as he was with the Nazarene.

Albert Einstein

"As a child I received instruction both in the Bible and in the Talmud. I am a Jew, but I am enthralled by the luminous figure of the Nazarene . . . . No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life. Jesus is too colossal for the pen of phrase-mongers, however artful. No man can dispose of Christianity with a bon mot."

" Quote taken from "What Life Means to Einstein," The Saturday Evening Post, October 26, 1929. Einstein was a physicist and professor at Princeton University. He lived from 1879-1955.

I could just as easily say what Winstein said. I'm not sure how that is relevant

It's the Jesus narrative Vs the Santa narrative, although the Santa narrative is more appealing to children the Jesus narrative is more captivating to adults, almost as if it has a divinity of it's own. Inspiring countless generations throughout the ages who live by it's principles of peace on earth and good will to all man.

Yeah, I think Jung went into why these narratives were popular and keep reappearing through history in one form or another. I haven't really studied much psychology, so I'll refrain from discussing Archetypes though
graceofgod
Posts: 5,101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 9:53:12 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/23/2015 9:39:15 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Is it?

Think about it. you really can't call it anything else.

For those who like to think of themselves as Christian, it is a time when the celebrate the birth of someone who wasn't even born on that date, but at least 2 months earlier.

It is a time when they tell the Nativity story which includes "3 kings" who weren't even kings but astrologers, Magi, and not only that we have no idea how many, or few, they may have been, there may have been two of them or twenty.

Not only that but they didn't visit Jesus in a stable but in a house, and at least a year after his birth.

For the non-religious, and even for many of the religious it is one time of year when they teach their children to lie, tell them their presents come from Santa, and them make them thank friends and relatives for the very presents that Santa supposedly brought.

It is also a time when people over eat and over drink, a time of infidelities that lead to divorces, and sometimes also to assaults and murders.

It is a time when people selfishly kill others because they just had to have those last drinks, drove home and had what is inaccurately called an accident but morally at least is murder, with a deadly weapon, a car. It can't really, morally, be called manslaughter because no-one forced them to take that drink, nor did they drink it by accident.

It is also a time when women get so drunk they get pregnant and don't know who the father may be because they can' remember anything about it.

It is also a time when......... I'll let you work the rest out for yourself.

No wonder Jehovah and his son hate this time of year so much.

lol and this from a jw who thinks jesus is michael..lol...

nwt book of lies and deceit...
j50wells
Posts: 345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 3:03:44 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
I disagree with the lies and deceit of Christmas. Truth is, it just ain't so. Yeah, we can find the deceit in anything and everything. Almost everything we do has deceit in it somewhere. We build roads and big cities, and push the natives off that land, and then use eminent domain to give land owners less than market value for their property so that we can build roads. But, we can see how roads and cities benefit everyone so completely, that the deceit is worth it. And that is the real question. Is the betterment of society that that deceit brings us worth it?
In the case of Christmas, it is. December 25th allowed Constantine to combine the Pagan Holiday of December 25th, with the birth of Christ, and so keep the Roman Empire together.
Today, December 25th is the most important time of the year, not because of Christ, but because of the bringing together of families and friends. It is a time when some of the most important decisions in our lives will be made pertaining to business, living arrangements, work opportunities and the like. It is also an important time to reform friendships with family members that we haven't seen in years.
Infidelity? Bah! Most infidelity probably happens in the spring and summer when it's warm out and everyone showing their bodies off. There is also more opportunity for infidelity since it can be done inside or outside. It can be done in the river or the lake...out in the woods, on a rooftop, in the back of a pick-up, and around a campfire. Infidelities are much less in the winter-time than summer. And yeah, there is an increase of adultery around Christmas, but that will always happen when there are big get togethers, whether in the summer or winter. What are we supposed to do? Stop celebrating anything? Everyone should just sit at home for fear that adultery might happen? Good Lord!