Total Posts:42|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Convince me to convert to Islam

mc9
Posts: 1,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 2:59:42 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
This is for Yassine so please be respectful of that but feel free to chime in without derailing the thread.
Yassine is to try to convert me to Islam.
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 3:15:13 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/24/2015 2:59:42 AM, mc9 wrote:
This is for Yassine so please be respectful of that but feel free to chime in without derailing the thread.

- Thank you for inviting me. I do feel honoured.

Yassine is to try to convert me to Islam.

- The best way I see this moving forward is if we do a "question - answer" type of discussion, where you ask the questions you think you need answers for, & I answer to the best of my knowledge. What do you think? Unless, of course, you have other preferences.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
mc9
Posts: 1,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 3:16:44 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/24/2015 3:15:13 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/24/2015 2:59:42 AM, mc9 wrote:
This is for Yassine so please be respectful of that but feel free to chime in without derailing the thread.

- Thank you for inviting me. I do feel honoured.

Yassine is to try to convert me to Islam.

- The best way I see this moving forward is if we do a "question - answer" type of discussion, where you ask the questions you think you need answers for, & I answer to the best of my knowledge. What do you think? Unless, of course, you have other preferences.

Let's start out that way and move on if the discussion goes that way.
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 3:17:54 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/24/2015 3:16:44 AM, mc9 wrote:
At 12/24/2015 3:15:13 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/24/2015 2:59:42 AM, mc9 wrote:
This is for Yassine so please be respectful of that but feel free to chime in without derailing the thread.

- Thank you for inviting me. I do feel honoured.

Yassine is to try to convert me to Islam.

- The best way I see this moving forward is if we do a "question - answer" type of discussion, where you ask the questions you think you need answers for, & I answer to the best of my knowledge. What do you think? Unless, of course, you have other preferences.

Let's start out that way and move on if the discussion goes that way.

- Fair enough. Alright, your turn: what questions do you think are relevant & should be answered by Islam?
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
mc9
Posts: 1,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 3:18:47 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
(This is also not meant to be made for Christmas it is actually completely unrelated.
mc9
Posts: 1,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 3:27:12 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/24/2015 3:17:54 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/24/2015 3:16:44 AM, mc9 wrote:
At 12/24/2015 3:15:13 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/24/2015 2:59:42 AM, mc9 wrote:
This is for Yassine so please be respectful of that but feel free to chime in without derailing the thread.

- Thank you for inviting me. I do feel honoured.

Yassine is to try to convert me to Islam.

- The best way I see this moving forward is if we do a "question - answer" type of discussion, where you ask the questions you think you need answers for, & I answer to the best of my knowledge. What do you think? Unless, of course, you have other preferences.

Let's start out that way and move on if the discussion goes that way.

- Fair enough. Alright, your turn: what questions do you think are relevant & should be answered by Islam?

Okay not sure if we are on the same page but let's get started.

Why are you Muslim?

Is Islam a peaceful religion and why?

Is that GOP presidential candidate whose name I forgot right in saying that Islam is a political ideology as well as a religion?

Do you think I should convert to Islam and why?

Do you think Islam is more reasonable of a religion than say Christianity and if so, why?
janesix
Posts: 3,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 3:30:19 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/24/2015 3:27:12 AM, mc9 wrote:
At 12/24/2015 3:17:54 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/24/2015 3:16:44 AM, mc9 wrote:
At 12/24/2015 3:15:13 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/24/2015 2:59:42 AM, mc9 wrote:
This is for Yassine so please be respectful of that but feel free to chime in without derailing the thread.

- Thank you for inviting me. I do feel honoured.

Yassine is to try to convert me to Islam.

- The best way I see this moving forward is if we do a "question - answer" type of discussion, where you ask the questions you think you need answers for, & I answer to the best of my knowledge. What do you think? Unless, of course, you have other preferences.

Let's start out that way and move on if the discussion goes that way.

- Fair enough. Alright, your turn: what questions do you think are relevant & should be answered by Islam?

Okay not sure if we are on the same page but let's get started.

Why are you Muslim?

Is Islam a peaceful religion and why?

Is that GOP presidential candidate whose name I forgot right in saying that Islam is a political ideology as well as a religion?


Do you think I should convert to Islam and why?



Do you think Islam is more reasonable of a religion than say Christianity and if so, why?
I hear you get 72 raisins when you get to heaven if you convert to islam.
mc9
Posts: 1,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 3:30:56 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/24/2015 3:30:19 AM, janesix wrote:
At 12/24/2015 3:27:12 AM, mc9 wrote:
At 12/24/2015 3:17:54 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/24/2015 3:16:44 AM, mc9 wrote:
At 12/24/2015 3:15:13 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/24/2015 2:59:42 AM, mc9 wrote:
This is for Yassine so please be respectful of that but feel free to chime in without derailing the thread.

- Thank you for inviting me. I do feel honoured.

Yassine is to try to convert me to Islam.

- The best way I see this moving forward is if we do a "question - answer" type of discussion, where you ask the questions you think you need answers for, & I answer to the best of my knowledge. What do you think? Unless, of course, you have other preferences.

Let's start out that way and move on if the discussion goes that way.

- Fair enough. Alright, your turn: what questions do you think are relevant & should be answered by Islam?

Okay not sure if we are on the same page but let's get started.

Why are you Muslim?

Is Islam a peaceful religion and why?

Is that GOP presidential candidate whose name I forgot right in saying that Islam is a political ideology as well as a religion?


Do you think I should convert to Islam and why?



Do you think Islam is more reasonable of a religion than say Christianity and if so, why?
I hear you get 72 raisins when you get to heaven if you convert to islam.

See post number one
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 4:12:27 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/24/2015 3:27:12 AM, mc9 wrote:

Okay not sure if we are on the same page but let's get started.

- Alright.

Why are you Muslim?

- Well, in terms of circumstance, I'd say because I was born in a Muslim family. In terms of belief, because I find the religion both very compelling & very relevant to me & the society.

Is Islam a peaceful religion...

- Islam is a peaceful religion in the sense that it promotes Peace as a desired objective, not in the sense of pacifist religion.

... and why?

- Because:
1. Peace preserves the fundamental rights, as prescribed by Islam (These include: Religion, Life, Intellect, Lineage, Wealth & Honour). Otherwise, Injustice, that is transgressing into the rights of others, would prevail. & thus, those fundamental rights would be put at risk.
2. Peace is a state of equilibrium, thus the natural state of affairs, therefore, must be sought after. (Islam is big on nature).

Is that GOP presidential candidate whose name I forgot right in saying that Islam is a political ideology as well as a religion?

- The Islamic Tradition is a tradition which permeates the entire life system of the individual & the society. Politics is just one of its countless facets. The Islamic Tradition, in this case, would be equivalent to the Western Tradition, which is based on Judaeo-Christian-Greco-Roman heritage. Speaking of an Islamic Political Ideology, would be equivalent to speaking of a Western Political Ideology.

Do you think I should convert to Islam and why?

- Personally, sure. As to why, that depends on what is it that you seek? Would you be able to find it in Islam! I do think Islam is a wonderful religion, coherent & encompassing...

Do you think Islam is more reasonable of a religion than say Christianity and if so...

- I do believe Islam is more reasonable than any religion out there, Christianity included. For one, because that's the claim Islam itself makes. It claims it is the Truth, while other religions are kinda altered versions of that Truth. Believing in Islam implies believing it's more reasonable than Christianity.

why?

- For many reasons, some of which are the following:
1. Reason was incorporated into the religion from its birth. & was required of religious adherents from the outset. Which wasn't the case for Christianity.
2. The Qur'an, unlike the Bible, has been authentically transmitted verbatim.
3. No parts of the Qur'an or the authentic Hadith have ever been dropped or ignored, even after so much advancement in human understanding.
4. Reason is highly regarded in the scripture, Qur'an & Hadith.
5. Reason is a requisite for belief in Islam, & constructive doubt is encouraged within as well.
6. Faith is only meant in the spiritual level, & is irrelevant to the Intellectual realm (such as Theology), which isn't the case for Christianity.
7. Islam gives very pertinent answers to all sorts of issues.
8. It has a coherent worldview.
...etc.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
mc9
Posts: 1,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 4:20:04 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Thank you for answering.

On a scale of one to ten how literally do you take the Qur'an with one being almost as just a bare guideline and ten being completely?

Do you take Islam as a religion (with an afterlife and things like that) or more of a lifestyle?

Can you try to convince me to convert to Islam?
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 4:37:43 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/24/2015 4:20:04 AM, mc9 wrote:
Thank you for answering.

- You're welcome.

On a scale of one to ten how literally do you take the Qur'an with one being almost as just a bare guideline and ten being completely?

- The Qur'an is not meant to be taken literally (nor is any text for that matter), for that would contradict the design of Language itself. It is meant to be taken first & foremost, literarily. That is, it is meant to be understood in the way a Classical Arabic literary text is understood, with all the styles, rhetorics, allegories, expressions... Arabic has to offer. In addition to this there are other elements which help with the understanding:
1. Context: this includes
i. Linguistic context, i.e. which is what I just said: the literary & linguistic meanings of the passage.
ii. Textual context, i.e. the passage, its preludes & aftermaths within the text itself.
iii. Circumstantial context, i.e. the circumstances in which the passage was revealed, & how they are addressed therein.
2. Awareness, as in having a comprehensive awareness of what the Qur'an & Sunnah stand for, the spirit & ideal they speak of, & the worldview they describe. Knowing little about the Qur'an & its worldview can not soundly justify an interpretation, no matter how fitting it might seem.
3. Character, as in having the character ascribed by the Qur'an. Someone who doesn't follow the directives of the Qur'an, can not possibly truly understand it. If, for instance, the Qur'an speaks of Charity, one must be charitable to truly understand the meaning of the text.
...etc.

Do you take Islam as a religion (with an afterlife and things like that) or more of a lifestyle?

- I take it as the religion itself, whole. I am a traditional Muslim, that is, I practice Islam as it was traditionally practiced.

Can you try to convince me to convert to Islam?

- Which part do you think need convincing?
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
mc9
Posts: 1,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 4:42:59 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/24/2015 4:37:43 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/24/2015 4:20:04 AM, mc9 wrote:
Thank you for answering.

- You're welcome.

On a scale of one to ten how literally do you take the Qur'an with one being almost as just a bare guideline and ten being completely?

- The Qur'an is not meant to be taken literally (nor is any text for that matter), for that would contradict the design of Language itself. It is meant to be taken first & foremost, literarily. That is, it is meant to be understood in the way a Classical Arabic literary text is understood, with all the styles, rhetorics, allegories, expressions... Arabic has to offer. In addition to this there are other elements which help with the understanding:
1. Context: this includes
i. Linguistic context, i.e. which is what I just said: the literary & linguistic meanings of the passage.
ii. Textual context, i.e. the passage, its preludes & aftermaths within the text itself.
iii. Circumstantial context, i.e. the circumstances in which the passage was revealed, & how they are addressed therein.
2. Awareness, as in having a comprehensive awareness of what the Qur'an & Sunnah stand for, the spirit & ideal they speak of, & the worldview they describe. Knowing little about the Qur'an & its worldview can not soundly justify an interpretation, no matter how fitting it might seem.
3. Character, as in having the character ascribed by the Qur'an. Someone who doesn't follow the directives of the Qur'an, can not possibly truly understand it. If, for instance, the Qur'an speaks of Charity, one must be charitable to truly understand the meaning of the text.
...etc.

Do you take Islam as a religion (with an afterlife and things like that) or more of a lifestyle?

- I take it as the religion itself, whole. I am a traditional Muslim, that is, I practice Islam as it was traditionally practiced.


What does that mean?
Can you try to convince me to convert to Islam?

- Which part do you think need convincing?

Um well I know like nothing about it so just on Islam as a religion in general
mc9
Posts: 1,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 4:47:02 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/24/2015 4:37:43 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/24/2015 4:20:04 AM, mc9 wrote:
Thank you for answering.

- You're welcome.

On a scale of one to ten how literally do you take the Qur'an with one being almost as just a bare guideline and ten being completely?

- The Qur'an is not meant to be taken literally (nor is any text for that matter), for that would contradict the design of Language itself. It is meant to be taken first & foremost, literarily. That is, it is meant to be understood in the way a Classical Arabic literary text is understood, with all the styles, rhetorics, allegories, expressions... Arabic has to offer. In addition to this there are other elements which help with the understanding:
1. Context: this includes
i. Linguistic context, i.e. which is what I just said: the literary & linguistic meanings of the passage.
ii. Textual context, i.e. the passage, its preludes & aftermaths within the text itself.
iii. Circumstantial context, i.e. the circumstances in which the passage was revealed, & how they are addressed therein.
2. Awareness, as in having a comprehensive awareness of what the Qur'an & Sunnah stand for, the spirit & ideal they speak of, & the worldview they describe. Knowing little about the Qur'an & its worldview can not soundly justify an interpretation, no matter how fitting it might seem.
3. Character, as in having the character ascribed by the Qur'an. Someone who doesn't follow the directives of the Qur'an, can not possibly truly understand it. If, for instance, the Qur'an speaks of Charity, one must be charitable to truly understand the meaning of the text.
...etc.

Do you take Islam as a religion (with an afterlife and things like that) or more of a lifestyle?

- I take it as the religion itself, whole. I am a traditional Muslim, that is, I practice Islam as it was traditionally practiced.


Also in addition to the previous post I mean like do you pray five times a day toward Mecca and things like that.
Can you try to convince me to convert to Islam?

- Which part do you think need convincing?
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 4:48:31 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/24/2015 4:42:59 AM, mc9 wrote:

What does that mean?

- It means I practice the religion as it was practiced throughout the ages, before the new reformations happened. An example of reformation is the Sahafi/Wahabi movement. In the real world, that means I follow the classical Islamic schools of thought.

Um well I know like nothing about it so just on Islam as a religion in general

- What sorts of questions about life you think you need convincing answers to?
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
mc9
Posts: 1,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 4:52:32 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/24/2015 4:37:43 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/24/2015 4:20:04 AM, mc9 wrote:
Thank you for answering.

- You're welcome.

On a scale of one to ten how literally do you take the Qur'an with one being almost as just a bare guideline and ten being completely?

- The Qur'an is not meant to be taken literally (nor is any text for that matter), for that would contradict the design of Language itself. It is meant to be taken first & foremost, literarily. That is, it is meant to be understood in the way a Classical Arabic literary text is understood, with all the styles, rhetorics, allegories, expressions... Arabic has to offer. In addition to this there are other elements which help with the understanding:
1. Context: this includes
i. Linguistic context, i.e. which is what I just said: the literary & linguistic meanings of the passage.
ii. Textual context, i.e. the passage, its preludes & aftermaths within the text itself.
iii. Circumstantial context, i.e. the circumstances in which the passage was revealed, & how they are addressed therein.
2. Awareness, as in having a comprehensive awareness of what the Qur'an & Sunnah stand for, the spirit & ideal they speak of, & the worldview they describe. Knowing little about the Qur'an & its worldview can not soundly justify an interpretation, no matter how fitting it might seem.
3. Character, as in having the character ascribed by the Qur'an. Someone who doesn't follow the directives of the Qur'an, can not possibly truly understand it. If, for instance, the Qur'an speaks of Charity, one must be charitable to truly understand the meaning of the text.
...etc.


Interesting, what if it says do this or don't do that or states something as a historical fact, is it meant to be taken literally?
Do you take Islam as a religion (with an afterlife and things like that) or more of a lifestyle?

- I take it as the religion itself, whole. I am a traditional Muslim, that is, I practice Islam as it was traditionally practiced.


Also in addition to the previous post I mean like do you pray five times a day toward Mecca and things like that.
Can you try to convince me to convert to Islam?

- Which part do you think need convincing?
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 4:54:27 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/24/2015 4:47:02 AM, mc9 wrote:

Also in addition to the previous post I mean like do you pray five times a day toward Mecca and things like that.

- Yes, I am a practicing Muslim.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 5:14:21 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/24/2015 4:52:32 AM, mc9 wrote:

Interesting, what if it says do this or don't do that or states something as a historical fact, is it meant to be taken literally?

- As I said, it is meant to be taken LITERARILY. If the language used in the passage suggests that it's a statement of fact, then that's what it is. If the language used suggests that it's just an allegory or such, then that's what it is. For example, a passage that says, God's hands are spread out. Considering "hands spread out" is an Arabic idiom for 'bountiful' (very generous), the passage thus can not be interpreted to literally mean that God has literal hands & his hands are literally spread out. It can only be interpreted allegorically, as the language suggest, meaning: God is bountiful.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,683
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 5:36:56 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/24/2015 2:59:42 AM, mc9 wrote:
This is for Yassine so please be respectful of that but feel free to chime in without derailing the thread.
Yassine is to try to convert me to Islam.

I would so totally want to join this discussion if I weren't so lazy.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
mc9
Posts: 1,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 4:07:45 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Ok I am back but now I ask what is Islam's thing, like Jesus dying on the Cross to forgive our sins is Christianities' thing what is Islam if it has a major thing like that?

Also what are Islam's major rule(s)?
distraff
Posts: 1,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 4:09:56 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/24/2015 2:59:42 AM, mc9 wrote:
This is for Yassine so please be respectful of that but feel free to chime in without derailing the thread.
Yassine is to try to convert me to Islam.

I have never seen anybody convince anyone on this forum. I don't think it will happen now.
mc9
Posts: 1,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 4:11:01 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/25/2015 4:09:56 AM, distraff wrote:
At 12/24/2015 2:59:42 AM, mc9 wrote:
This is for Yassine so please be respectful of that but feel free to chime in without derailing the thread.
Yassine is to try to convert me to Islam.

I have never seen anybody convince anyone on this forum. I don't think it will happen now.

Ya but I will still learn about Islam.
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 5:02:01 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/25/2015 4:07:45 AM, mc9 wrote:
Ok I am back

- Welcome back.

but now I ask what is Islam's thing, like Jesus dying on the Cross to forgive our sins is Christianities' thing what is Islam if it has a major thing like that?

- I'd say it's Tawhid, Oneness of God, absolute strict Monotheism.

Also what are Islam's major rule(s)?

- Well, there are many kinds of rules which can be deemed 'major'. Let's start with an introduction, & we'll go from there. Islam has 3 dimensions: "Islam' (relating to one"s actions), "Iman' (relating to one"s beliefs), "Ihsan' (relating to one"s spirituality), each with its pillars.
.

I. Pillars of Islam (Five Pillars of Islam)

1. Shahada = declaration of faith: "there is no god but God, & Muhammad is His Messenger", with the presence of at least two witnesses (to make it legally recognisable).

2. Salat = Prayer: 5 times a day in the direction of Mecca (at: dawn, noon, the afternoon, sun set, night). Prayers are preceded by a cleansing rite (hands, face, arms, hair, feet), & are performed in groups arranged in rows behind an Imam (leader of prayer).

3. Sawm = Fasting: during Ramadan (the ninth month of the lunar calendar), starting from dawn to sun set, abstaining from food, drinks, sexual intercourse, & any obscene act.

4. Zakat = Charity: giving by the end of each lunar year 2.5% of one"s savings (only if they exceed ~3000$), 10% of their crop if the land was naturally irrigated. Used estates, houses, & rides & not included in Zakat.

5. Hajj = Pilgrimage: to Mecca between the 8th & 12th of the last month of the lunar calendar. Starting by Ihram (dressing in white unhemmed cloth) upon arriving in Mikat, then walking 7 times around the Kaaba (Tawaf), then 7 times between the hills of Safa & Marwa, then spending the night in Mina to move to Mt. Arafat the next morning, finishing the journey with Muzdalifa, Rami & the final Tawaf.
.

II. Pillars of Iman (Six Tenets of Belief)

1. Allah = God: "He is Allah, the One! The Self-Sufficient Master, the eternally Besought of all, He on Whom all depend. He begets not, nor is He begotten. And there is none like unto Him."(112). God, as Absolute, Creator & disjoint from His creation, Transcendent through His Attributes of Exaltedness, & Immanent through his Attributes of Beauty.

2. Malayka = Angels: according to muslims Angles as infallible beings created from "Nur" ("light") "who flinch not (from executing) the Commands they receive from Allah, but do (precisely) what they are commanded."(66:6). Headed by the four Archangels: Jibrel (Gabriel), Mekail (Michael), Israfil & the Angel of Death. Each person has 4 guardian angels examining & transcribing his every deed: "But verily over you (are appointed angels) to protect you" (80:10).

3. Kutub = Divine Books: according to the Islamic Narrative there are 600 divine books, for instance: as-Suhuf (Abraham), Torah (Moses), Zabur (David), Gospel (Jesus), Qur"an (Muhammad)"

4. Rusul = Prophets: "We make no distinction between one and another of His messengers."(2:285). According to the Islamic Narrative there has been over 124 000 Prophets among them 314 were Messengers & they all brought the same Message that is Islam (Messengers bring new legislations, Prophets don"t, they follow the legislations of those before them).

5. al-Yawm al-Akhir = Day of Judgment: preceded by Signs of the Last Day, namely, the appearance of al-Mahdi, the great War, the appearance of Dajjal, the descent of the Messiah (Jesus), the rise of Gog & Magog, the great Infestation, the great Flood, the demolition of Kaaba, the Rih & Dukhan & Nar, the Dabba, the Pole Shift, & end with the Hour ; followed by the Final Goal (Paradise, or Hell).

6. Al-Qadar = Divine Decree: An absolute predestination: "Verily, all things have We created in predestination (in proportion and measure)."(54:49), such that: everything there is, Good & Evil, humans & their actions are all created by God: "But you shall not will except as Allah wills"(81:29).
.

III. Pillars of Ihsan

- Ihsan means "excellence in beautifying one"s soul". "Ihsan is to worship God as though you see Him, and if you cannot see Him, then indeed He sees you" [ al-Bukhari ]. It is the practice to rid oneself of the Diseases of the Heart (Selfishness, Whim, Addictions, Desires & Worldly Procession) by means of: 1. Correcting the Self / 2. Refining the Self / 3. Beautifying the Self.

.

- If you have follow up questions. Go ahead.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 5:02:47 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/24/2015 5:36:56 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 12/24/2015 2:59:42 AM, mc9 wrote:
This is for Yassine so please be respectful of that but feel free to chime in without derailing the thread.
Yassine is to try to convert me to Islam.

I would so totally want to join this discussion if I weren't so lazy.

- You're welcome as a spectator. =)
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 6:50:43 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/24/2015 5:36:56 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 12/24/2015 2:59:42 AM, mc9 wrote:
This is for Yassine so please be respectful of that but feel free to chime in without derailing the thread.
Yassine is to try to convert me to Islam.

I would so totally want to join this discussion if I weren't so lazy.

At 12/25/2015 5:02:47 AM, Yassine wrote:
- You're welcome as a spectator. =)

Let me know when you are trying to be convincing?

Perhaps you can do better than Maha?

Street Epistemology Tutorial 4: Maha | Islam - YouTube

Video for street epistemology - maha? 27:04

https://www.youtube.com...

mc9
Posts: 1,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 7:05:14 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Ok so now this is kind of what the thread is about.

Convince me to convert to Islam
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,489
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 8:17:03 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/25/2015 7:05:14 PM, mc9 wrote:
Ok so now this is kind of what the thread is about.

Convince me to convert to Islam

IERA the islamic propagation group wrote a book which challenges and explains why the Quran has divine origin... i myself didnt read it yet but know already some stuff there... http://www.onereason.org... - its free...

have a nice read...
Never fart near dog
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 2:05:05 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/25/2015 7:05:14 PM, mc9 wrote:
Ok so now this is kind of what the thread is about.

Convince me to convert to Islam

- Thought of new questions?
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Posts: 1,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 2:13:18 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
If Hell exists remember Jesus Christ mentioned such a place first and in the New Testament, which predates the Quran. And since the Quran is Antichrist, by very definition, true followers if Islam, according to Jesus, are going to and bound for...

Just sayin...