Jump to topic:

Happy Christmas

Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 1:16:05 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Happy Christmas all, I haven't been around much lately, nor will I be in the future, but that doesn't mean I won't wish you well.

Now that's over with - more geared towards non-Christians here. Do you use the term "Happy Christmas" - increasingly common is the phrase "Happy Holidays" - but I don't use that, especially since many people I use that term to certainly do not take holiday over Christmas period. I see no particular reason to avoid using that term if it refers to the festive period - which is generally what I and others mean when we use the term "Happy Christmas".

Seemed to be a little something that has nagged me.

Anyway, happy Christmas!
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 1:25:42 AM
At 12/25/2015 1:16:05 AM, Envisage wrote:
Happy Christmas all, I haven't been around much lately, nor will I be in the future, but that doesn't mean I won't wish you well.

Now that's over with - more geared towards non-Christians here. Do you use the term "Happy Christmas" - increasingly common is the phrase "Happy Holidays" - but I don't use that, especially since many people I use that term to certainly do not take holiday over Christmas period. I see no particular reason to avoid using that term if it refers to the festive period - which is generally what I and others mean when we use the term "Happy Christmas".

Anyway, happy Christmas!

I'm not an idiot, so I say Merry Christmas. Keep the Christ in Christmas, but also Keep Mary in Christmas, because without her their would be no Jesus
DanMGTOW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 2:00:44 AM
At 12/25/2015 1:25:42 AM, Wylted wrote:

Anyway, happy Christmas!

I'm not an idiot, so I say Merry Christmas. Keep the Christ in Christmas, but also Keep Mary in Christmas, because without her their would be no Jesus

happy holidays and keep the Thor in Thursday
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 2:29:58 AM

Anyway, happy Christmas!

I'm not familiar with "Happy Christmas" being used over "Merry Christmas" by non Christians. If so, what is the reasoning behind this?
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 4:27:25 AM
Merry Jesusmas.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 12:39:16 PM
When with my friends I say Merry Mythmas. When not, I alternate. If I am moreso in a public place and am unsure if the person i am talking to celebrates Christmas I say Happy Holidays. Otherwise, I say Merry Christmas.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO