Jump to topic:

How thoroughly do you study the Bible?

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 1:10:50 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Most people say they do so very thoroughly, but do they really?

The problem is that in this modern day language has been so thoroughly "dumbed down" as to make it comparatively meaningless.

At no time is this more obvious than in debates about whether there is only one God in the Bible, or many.

Why is that so hard to settle?

Simply because the use of capital letters to denote excellence has long since been dropped from our language and so saying:

"There is only one God"

or

"There are many gods"

are seen as contradictions when in reality they are not.

Why not?

Because the one uses the capital letter and the other does not.

With few exceptions, which may be down to the ignorance of the writer, or to the bias of the translators, whenever scripture uses the term God, with an upper case "G" it is referring to Jehovah, the one true God.

However on the many other occasions, when scripture uses the term god, Lower case "g", it is referring to either Jehovah's only begotten son, to an angel, or a human. It may even be referring to one of the pantheon of false god's which abound.

So you see, as the Bible rightly says there are in truth many gods, but only one God.

What this sort of confusion means is that you have to learn to think of the Bible in terms of much more detailed, more archaic, language, often with meanings other than those which we would use today.

Language has changed, it has moved away from how it was used in Bible times, so we have to go back in time in our minds to understand it properly.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 1:41:06 PM
Is that the bible or the abortion of the bible that you proclaim?
You call your god a liar in the bible and therefore change what he allegedly said in order that he said what you think he should have.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 2:15:31 PM
At 12/25/2015 1:41:06 PM, bulproof wrote:
You call your god a liar in the bible and therefore change what he allegedly said in order that he said what you think he should have.

No Bulproof I do not call my God a liar and you know full well I do not. At least I hope you do because otherwise you are not just struggling to know the difference between errors and lies, but absolutely unaware of the difference.

As for which bible, there is no significant difference in any of then that cannot easily be resolved by comparative study. To me they are all God's word and I can prove what I teach from any translation you care to name.

It is about time you learned the difference between an error and a lie.

By far the vast majority errors that are to be found in the BIble are human errors, most often made by biased translators, who translated it to fit their beliefs not what it actually teaches.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 2:32:13 PM
At 12/25/2015 2:15:31 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

No Bulproof I do not call my God a liar and you know full well I do not.
Well of course you do, that is the only way you can support your herocy.
At least I hope you do because otherwise you are not just struggling to know the difference between errors and lies, but absolutely unaware of the difference.
Between you and I there is only one who understands what lies are and that ain't you mad. Never mind you never had anything to go on anyway.
As for which bible, there is no significant difference in any of then that cannot easily be resolved by comparative study. To me they are all God's word and I can prove what I teach from any translation you care to name.
There never was a mention of a particular bible, but that is your insanity coming to thr fore.
You lie continually as I demonstrate, perhaps it's you? Of course you never will.
By far the vast majority errors that are to be found in the BIble are human errors, most often made by biased translators, who translated it to fit their beliefs not what it actually teaches.
If it's the word of god then how can the mistakes be attributed to men?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 3:13:35 PM

Could you please explain to us if what you said in this thread was an error or lie?

At 12/23/2015 9:39:15 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

It is also a time when......... I'll let you work the rest out for yourself.

No wonder Jehovah and his son hate this time of year so much.

http://www.debate.org...
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 3:16:18 PM
At 12/25/2015 2:32:13 PM, bulproof wrote:

I presume you mean heresy, but no I do not, Jehovah's word is the be-all and end-all of my beliefs.

Simple as.

Don;t confuse me pointing out that some translators were liars, with saying that God is. If there is any dispute over what something means it is God's word that provides the answer, not the word of any man.

Jehovah is the only one I trust, and the only one I can guarantee never to lie, or even make a mistake.

At least I hope you do because otherwise you are not just struggling to know the difference between errors and lies, but absolutely unaware of the difference.
Between you and I there is only one who understands what lies are and that ain't you mad. Never mind you never had anything to go on anyway.

Sorry but you have demonstrated a complete and utter lack of knowledge of the difference so far.

There never was a mention of a particular bible, but that is your insanity coming to thr fore.

No, I do not suffer any insanity. All Bibles can be used to teach the truth from Jehovah, but not all are accurately translated, in fact I am not convinced that any are 100% accurate yet.

However, as say, and have always said, scripture itself can be used to smooth out any bumps in the road to understanding.

You lie continually as I demonstrate, perhaps it's you? Of course you never will.

No, I do not lie at all. I have no need to nor would I profit from doing so/

Easy, because men have translated the word of God according to their own beliefs not according to his true meanings.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 3:33:02 PM
At 12/25/2015 3:13:35 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Could you please explain to us if what you said in this thread was an error or lie?

At 12/23/2015 9:39:15 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

It is also a time when......... I'll let you work the rest out for yourself.

No wonder Jehovah and his son hate this time of year so much.

http://www.debate.org...

Nothing I said in that thread, and I have not said much, is either error or lie.

Christ was not born in December, as evidence the fact that the Shepherds were still out in the fields at night, which stops every year around the beginning of November.

Scriptural prophecy indicates that it would have been sometime around the end f September early October, shifting according to the difference between the Jewish Calendar and the Gregorian.

The Bible does not tell us how many Magi, not kings, there were who came to visit him, there could as easily have been two as twenty.

It does however tell us that they visited him in a house, not a stable, and scripture implies that they did not visit him for at least a year after his birth. That is the reason that, to ensure he slew the infant Jesus Herod had children from birth to 2 years slaughtered. He was evidently allowing about 12 months either side of the birth according to prophecy.

Christmas was, in fact no introduced until the rule of Pope Gregory 4th, who wanted some sort of celebration which would allow Pagans to carry on customs such as Natalis Invictae and Saturnalia whilst still pretending to be Christian.

Christmas is not, and never was, a Christian celebration.

In fact there is not one scriptural record of the celebration of anyone's birthday by any faithful worshipper of Jehovah or follower of his son.

Scripture in fact downplays the day of ones birth as being a useless day because at that point you have achieved nothing. The day of your death is far more important due to you having made a reputation with Jehovah and his son by that point. Ecclesiates 7:1.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 3:33:55 PM
At 12/25/2015 3:16:18 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Easy, because men have translated the word of God according to their own beliefs not according to his true meanings.
That makes your god as stupid as you, he can't even get his message distributed without morons like you f*cking it up.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 4:10:41 PM
At 12/25/2015 3:33:55 PM, bulproof wrote:

That makes your god as stupid as you, he can't even get his message distributed without morons like you f*cking it up.

That's like not letting a chlid help you with anything then expecting them to know how to do anything. It's likened to a child making a mistake then you declaring the parent stupid
DanMGTOW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 4:30:49 PM
At 12/25/2015 1:10:50 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

The problem is that in this modern day language has been so thoroughly "dumbed down" as to make it comparatively meaningless.

At no time is this more obvious than in debates about whether there is only one God in the Bible, or many.

Simply because the use of capital letters to denote excellence has long since been dropped from our language and so saying:

"There is only one God"

or

"There are many gods"

Why not?

With few exceptions, which may be down to the ignorance of the writer, or to the bias of the translators, whenever scripture uses the term God, with an upper case "G" it is referring to Jehovah, the one true God.

However on the many other occasions, when scripture uses the term god, Lower case "g", it is referring to either Jehovah's only begotten son, to an angel, or a human. It may even be referring to one of the pantheon of false god's which abound.

So you see, as the Bible rightly says there are in truth many gods, but only one God.

What this sort of confusion means is that you have to learn to think of the Bible in terms of much more detailed, more archaic, language, often with meanings other than those which we would use today.

Language has changed, it has moved away from how it was used in Bible times, so we have to go back in time in our minds to understand it properly.

i'm an atheist, and i love to read the bible
it's a comedy of your god's mistakes *spoiler* every time your god screws up, your god kills someone
my favorite mistake was when your god didn't kill eve on the spot for eating the fruit
what is really funny is that your god may have forgotten to even tell eve not to eat the fruit to begin with. HA HA HA
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 4:55:13 PM

I presume you mean heresy, but no I do not, Jehovah's word is the be-all and end-all of my beliefs.

Simple as.

Don;t confuse me pointing out that some translators were liars, with saying that God is. If there is any dispute over what something means it is God's word that provides the answer, not the word of any man.

Jehovah is the only one I trust, and the only one I can guarantee never to lie, or even make a mistake.

Sorry but you have demonstrated a complete and utter lack of knowledge of the difference so far.

No, I do not suffer any insanity. All Bibles can be used to teach the truth from Jehovah, but not all are accurately translated, in fact I am not convinced that any are 100% accurate yet.

However, as say, and have always said, scripture itself can be used to smooth out any bumps in the road to understanding.

The name isn't Jehovah, there is no j in Hebrew.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 7:21:50 PM
At 12/25/2015 4:30:49 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:
it's a comedy of your god's mistakes *spoiler* every time your god screws up, your god kills someone
my favorite mistake was when your god didn't kill eve on the spot for eating the fruit

My favorite mistake was when he put Eve in the garden in the first place, knowing full well that she would eat the apple.

But hey, thank the lord for giving us the chance to fix that mistake now. So compassionate of him.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 10:23:29 PM
At 12/25/2015 7:21:50 PM, Double_R wrote:

My favorite mistake was when he put Eve in the garden in the first place, knowing full well that she would eat the apple.

What makes you think he knew she would?

What makes you think he knew Satan would rebel?

Giving his intelligent creatures free will meant giving us a great deal of trust, and the one who became Satan apparently held a position of great trust in Jehovah's organisation before he give in to temptation. According to Ezekiel he was the "Covering Cherub" a very powerful Angel looking after the Garden of Eden and all in it.

That w asa very big responsibility he betrayed.

But hey, thank the lord for giving us the chance to fix that mistake now. So compassionate of him.

He hasn't given us the chance to correct it, we have neither the power nor the ability.

What he did was set a plan in motion to enable him, in due time, to correct it, and put his only begotten son in charge of it.

Also, so that we didn't have to suffer too much from this corrupt system of things he shortened our lifespan to the proverbial 3 score years and 10, and arranged for a resurrection for when the time was right. That is not very far off now, though exactly what "not very far off" means we are not told. However we do know that time is running short because he did set a time limit for the whole plan from beginning to end, and we are getting ever closer to that time limit, with much still to be done.

As always, Jehovah's plans are long term, and one time only. When this is finished there will be no repetition of the need for it.

So yes, his plan has been very compassionate, and way beyond anything we could possibly deserve.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 10:38:50 PM
At 12/25/2015 4:55:13 PM, harrytruman wrote:

Simple as.

The name isn't Jehovah, there is no j in Hebrew.

Ah what it is only to have partial knowledge.

There could hardly be a J in Hebrew since it contains no Romance characters whatever, and J is a Romance character, as are I, Y, H, W, and V, all acceptable different language transliterations of the Hebrew Characters..

Transliteration is always a problem when moving from a language which does not use Romance characters to one which does, and each language has its own variants.

However until written language settled down, all too few centuries ago, the Hebrew characters could have been represented in various ways.

Hence "Yod" could have been, and was, transliterated as either I J or Y, "He" was always transliterated as H and Waw as either W or V.

Eventually the English Language settled on JHVH, some languages, mostly Germanic based, settled for either YHWH or YHVH, whilst some went with the Greek IHVH.

Hence whilst Jehovah is the recognised English version, there are some 99 other versions to choose from depending on your language:

LIST OF 99 LANGUAGES THAT USE A VERNACULAR FORM OF THE TETRAGRAMMATON IN THE NEW TESTAMENT

CHIHOWA: Choctaw

I"HVE: Portuguese

IEHOUA: Mer

IEHOVA: Gilbertese; Hawaiian; Hiri Motu; Kerewo; Kiwai; Marquesas; Motu; Panaieti
(Misima); Rarotongan; Tahitian; Toaripi

IEHOVAN: Saibai

IEOVA: Kuanua; Wedau

IHOVA: Aneityum

IHVH: French

IOVA: Malekula (Kuliviu); Malekula (Pangkumu); Malekula (Uripiv)

JAHOWA: Batak-Toba

JAHU": Chacobo

JAKWE: (Ki)Sukuma

JAHVE: Hungarian

JEHOBA: Kipsigis; Mentawai

JEHOFA: Tswana

JEHOVA: Croatian; German; K"l" (Gabon); Lele (Manus Island); Nandi; Nauruan; Nukuoro

JEHOV": Spanish

JEH"VA: Fang; Tsimihety

JEHOVAH: Dutch; Efik; English; Kalenjin; Malagasy; Narrinyeri; Ojibwa

JEOVA: Kusaie (Kosraean)

JIHOVA: Naga (Angami); Naga (Konyak); Naga (Lotha); Naga (Mao); Naga (Ntenyi); Naga
(Sangtam); Rotuman

JIOUA: Mortlock

JIOVA: Fijian

JIWHEY?WHE: Gu (Alada)

SIHOVA: Tongan

UYEHOVA: Zulu

YAHOWA: Thai

YAHVE: Ila

YAVE: Kongo

YAWE: Bobangi; Bolia; Dholuo; Lingala; Mongo (Lolo); (Lo)Ngandu; (Lo)Ntumba; (Ke)Sengele

YEH"A: Awabakal

YEHOFA: Southern Sotho

YEHOVA: Chokwe; Chuana (Tlapi); (Ki)Kalanga; Logo; Luba; Lugbara; (Chi)Luimbi; (Chi)Lunda (Ndembu); (Chi)Luvale; Santo (Hog Harbor); Tiv; Umbundu; (Isi)Xhosa

YEHOVAH: Bube; Mohawk; Nguna (Efate); Nguna (Tongoa)

YEHOWA: Ga; Laotian; (Ki)Songe; Tshiluba

YEKOVA: Zande

YEOBA: Kuba (Inkongo)

YEOHOWA: Korean

YHWH: Hebrew

YOWO: Lomwe

ZAHOVA: Chin (Haka-Lai)

So you see you are in fact both right and wrong, in Hebrew, even transliterated into Romance Characters you do indeed have YHWH.

However what makes you wrong is that I speak English and so use the English language transliteration, which results in Jehovah, not any other language version.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 10:51:14 PM

"There is only one God"

or

"There are many gods"

Why not?

Jehovah never screws up, as you put it. It is we who do, and yes we deserve death for the way we let him down continually.

However death mens very little with the resurrection hope there on the end of it waiting for us to get a second chance.

what is really funny is that your god may have forgotten to even tell eve not to eat the fruit to begin with. HA HA HA

There are no mistakes in the BIble, at least none made by Jehovah, unless you count giving his intelligent creatures free will.

If you think that was a mistake then ask yourself how you fancy being a robot instead.

After all if you were a robot you could never do wrong.

All you are doing is revealing a total misunderstanding of what Jehovah is doing and why he is doing it that way.

No, I don't see it as a mistake, I see it as a loving provision, putting his intelligent creation in a position of trust, just as I don't doubt you will do with your children at times.

Unfortunately one of his Angels let him down and rebelled and everything else which is wrong with this world stems from that.

However I still prefer being able to make decisions and therefore mistakes, don't you?

I suspect that if Jehovah were to "correct" what you see as a mistake you would be one very unhappy bunny indeed.

After all you wouldn't be able to whinge and pass the buck to him as you do, would you?

All you have proven is the fact that like 95% of people on this earth you have no real idea whatever what the Bible actually teaches, and are happy in your ignorance of it.

That is why, sadly, millions will have to die for the sake of those of us who actually do care enough to find out what scripture really teaches.

Jehovah will not allow people such as you to disturb the peace of his faithful ones forever.
Of course, if you were to wake up to what is really going on and accept your responsibility to your creator you might just be able to change the outcome for yourself.

No-one can do it for you.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 10:52:12 PM

Oh he can, and he uses morons like me to help sort it out, lol. 1 Corinthians 1:26-30.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 10:56:07 PM
At 12/25/2015 4:10:41 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:

That's like not letting a chlid help you with anything then expecting them to know how to do anything. It's likened to a child making a mistake then you declaring the parent stupid

I always used to tell my boys that just because I knew 100 facts about something and they only knew 10 did not mean that I knew all the same facts they knew.

Sometimes even the youngest, least experienced person can teach us things.

The classic example in my eyes comes from a 5 year old who was asked one day how Jehovah got all the animals in the Ark.

She simply looked up at him and said, "he only took babies silly".

Trust a child to cut straight through to the logic of it, lol.

I think that is why Christ said we had to become like children. Uncluttered, logical thinking.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 11:47:20 PM
Do you know that reading the bible and seeking out evidence and arguments to support your preconceived notions of what you believe the bible is about, is not a thorough study of the bible right?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2015 11:48:03 PM
At 12/25/2015 1:12:43 PM, Balacafa wrote:
I'm an atheist. I don't study the Bible.

I'm an atheist, because I did study the bible.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 12:07:30 AM
At 12/25/2015 10:38:50 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Ah what it is only to have partial knowledge.

There could hardly be a J in Hebrew since it contains no Romance characters whatever, and J is a Romance character, as are I, Y, H, W, and V, all acceptable different language transliterations of the Hebrew Characters..

Transliteration is always a problem when moving from a language which does not use Romance characters to one which does, and each language has its own variants.

However until written language settled down, all too few centuries ago, the Hebrew characters could have been represented in various ways.

Hence "Yod" could have been, and was, transliterated as either I J or Y, "He" was always transliterated as H and Waw as either W or V.

Eventually the English Language settled on JHVH, some languages, mostly Germanic based, settled for either YHWH or YHVH, whilst some went with the Greek IHVH.

Hence whilst Jehovah is the recognised English version, there are some 99 other versions to choose from depending on your language:

LIST OF 99 LANGUAGES THAT USE A VERNACULAR FORM OF THE TETRAGRAMMATON IN THE NEW TESTAMENT

CHIHOWA: Choctaw

I"HVE: Portuguese

IEHOUA: Mer

IEHOVA: Gilbertese; Hawaiian; Hiri Motu; Kerewo; Kiwai; Marquesas; Motu; Panaieti
(Misima); Rarotongan; Tahitian; Toaripi

IEHOVAN: Saibai

IEOVA: Kuanua; Wedau

IHOVA: Aneityum

IHVH: French

IOVA: Malekula (Kuliviu); Malekula (Pangkumu); Malekula (Uripiv)

JAHOWA: Batak-Toba

JAHU": Chacobo

JAKWE: (Ki)Sukuma

JAHVE: Hungarian

JEHOBA: Kipsigis; Mentawai

JEHOFA: Tswana

JEHOVA: Croatian; German; K"l" (Gabon); Lele (Manus Island); Nandi; Nauruan; Nukuoro

JEHOV": Spanish

JEH"VA: Fang; Tsimihety

JEHOVAH: Dutch; Efik; English; Kalenjin; Malagasy; Narrinyeri; Ojibwa

JEOVA: Kusaie (Kosraean)

JIHOVA: Naga (Angami); Naga (Konyak); Naga (Lotha); Naga (Mao); Naga (Ntenyi); Naga
(Sangtam); Rotuman

JIOUA: Mortlock

JIOVA: Fijian

JIWHEY?WHE: Gu (Alada)

SIHOVA: Tongan

UYEHOVA: Zulu

YAHOWA: Thai

YAHVE: Ila

YAVE: Kongo

YAWE: Bobangi; Bolia; Dholuo; Lingala; Mongo (Lolo); (Lo)Ngandu; (Lo)Ntumba; (Ke)Sengele

YEH"A: Awabakal

YEHOFA: Southern Sotho

YEHOVA: Chokwe; Chuana (Tlapi); (Ki)Kalanga; Logo; Luba; Lugbara; (Chi)Luimbi; (Chi)Lunda (Ndembu); (Chi)Luvale; Santo (Hog Harbor); Tiv; Umbundu; (Isi)Xhosa

YEHOVAH: Bube; Mohawk; Nguna (Efate); Nguna (Tongoa)

YEHOWA: Ga; Laotian; (Ki)Songe; Tshiluba

YEKOVA: Zande

YEOBA: Kuba (Inkongo)

YEOHOWA: Korean

YHWH: Hebrew

YOWO: Lomwe

ZAHOVA: Chin (Haka-Lai)

So you see you are in fact both right and wrong, in Hebrew, even transliterated into Romance Characters you do indeed have YHWH.

However what makes you wrong is that I speak English and so use the English language transliteration, which results in Jehovah, not any other language version.

Zeus is the King of the gods. Zeus and Jehovah and all the above names are exactly the same character with different labels.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 12:21:30 AM
At 12/25/2015 11:48:03 PM, Wylted wrote:

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...
Atheist: a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.

Belief in the existence of a god or gods,.....

Most professing "believers" are atheists when it comes to gods. How many of them believe in any of the gods on http://greekgodsandgoddesses.net... ?

Theists are hypocritical atheists who simply pick their favourite god, change his name to whatever they want, and claim he is the only real God as they deny the rest of the gods exist.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 12:24:28 AM
At 12/26/2015 12:21:30 AM, Skyangel wrote:

Atheist: a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.

Most professing "believers" are atheists when it comes to gods. How many of them believe in any of the gods on http://greekgodsandgoddesses.net... ?

Theists are hypocritical atheists who simply pick their favourite god, change his name to whatever they want, and claim he is the only real God as they deny the rest of the gods exist.

This is why I avoid this section sometimes. I can't even begin to understand why you randomly provided the definition of atheist.
DanMGTOW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 12:27:04 AM
At 12/25/2015 10:51:14 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

"There is only one God"

or

"There are many gods"

Why not?

Jehovah never screws up, as you put it. It is we who do, and yes we deserve death for the way we let him down continually.

However death mens very little with the resurrection hope there on the end of it waiting for us to get a second chance.

There are no mistakes in the BIble, at least none made by Jehovah, unless you count giving his intelligent creatures free will.

If you think that was a mistake then ask yourself how you fancy being a robot instead.

All you are doing is revealing a total misunderstanding of what Jehovah is doing and why he is doing it that way.

No, I don't see it as a mistake, I see it as a loving provision, putting his intelligent creation in a position of trust, just as I don't doubt you will do with your children at times.

Unfortunately one of his Angels let him down and rebelled and everything else which is wrong with this world stems from that.

However I still prefer being able to make decisions and therefore mistakes, don't you?

I suspect that if Jehovah were to "correct" what you see as a mistake you would be one very unhappy bunny indeed.

After all you wouldn't be able to whinge and pass the buck to him as you do, would you?

All you have proven is the fact that like 95% of people on this earth you have no real idea whatever what the Bible actually teaches, and are happy in your ignorance of it.

That is why, sadly, millions will have to die for the sake of those of us who actually do care enough to find out what scripture really teaches.

Jehovah will not allow people such as you to disturb the peace of his faithful ones forever.
Of course, if you were to wake up to what is really going on and accept your responsibility to your creator you might just be able to change the outcome for yourself.

you can make up any rationalizations you want, but you haven't even presented a counter-argument why killing eve wouldn't be an improvement on your god's plan.
i'd rather believe things that are actually true, rather than believe fairy tales
maybe someday you will actually care about the truth enough to go looking for actual evidence to back up your beliefs so you can use that evidence to convince others
DanMGTOW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 12:28:17 AM
At 12/25/2015 7:21:50 PM, Double_R wrote:

i don't know what you mean by "giving us the chance to fix that mistake now".
can you rephrase that?
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 12:53:00 AM
At 12/26/2015 12:24:28 AM, Wylted wrote:

This is why I avoid this section sometimes. I can't even begin to understand why you randomly provided the definition of atheist.

It is not random. I placed both definitions there for any interested readers who wish to notice the amusing difference in the dictionary definitions.
Notice capital G in the atheist definition and lower case g in the theist definition.
What is the difference between god or gods vs God or gods?

It just amuses me that so many theists think a capital G makes one god real and a lower case g makes certain other gods mythical.

I am a god. I believe in myself. Do you believe in my existence?

If you believe in my existence, you believe in the existence of a god. According to the dictionary that makes you a theist not an atheist. ;-)

HO HO HO, Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 11:19:47 AM
At 12/26/2015 12:53:00 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/26/2015 12:24:28 AM, Wylted wrote:

It is not random. I placed both definitions there for any interested readers who wish to notice the amusing difference in the dictionary definitions.
Notice capital G in the atheist definition and lower case g in the theist definition.
What is the difference between god or gods vs God or gods?

The capital G in scripture is used to denote excellence, as it was before language was "dumbed down" to its current level.

It is as simple as that.

You have to learn to understand the language of the Bible to understand the book itself.

It just amuses me that so many theists think a capital G makes one god real and a lower case g makes certain other gods mythical.

It doesn't make one God really and al the others mythical.

They are not mythical, they are very real indeed, though not all are faithful, and that is the sense in which they are "false gods" not in the sense that they do not exist.

However, in scripture only Jehovah should be indicated with the capital G which identifies him as being superior to all other gods.

I am a god. I believe in myself. Do you believe in my existence?

If you believe in my existence, you believe in the existence of a god. According to the dictionary that makes you a theist not an atheist. ;-)

HO HO HO, Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 11:25:03 AM
At 12/26/2015 12:27:04 AM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 12/25/2015 10:51:14 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

"There is only one God"

or

"There are many gods"

Why not?

you can make up any rationalizations you want, but you haven't even presented a counter-argument why killing eve wouldn't be an improvement on your god's plan.
i'd rather believe things that are actually true, rather than believe fairy tales
maybe someday you will actually care about the truth enough to go looking for actual evidence to back up your beliefs so you can use that evidence to convince others

I don;t need to make up anything, I simply interpret scripture as it was intended to be interpreted, and follow the logic of it to it's end point.

The problem is that it is what you believe in which is the real "fairy tale", this false existence which is not what Jehovah intended, nor what he will have in his own good time.

I don't need to convince anyone. If Jehovah wants them to understand and believe, they will, if eh does not deem them suitable they will not, hence those Christ described at Matthew 13:15 as being beyond help, too thoroughly corrupted in their thinking by this system of things.

People fail to understand the BIBle because they do not learn its language.

For instance a false god is not one who doesn't exist.

It isn't even one who is not a god.

A false god is one who has proven false to Jehovah and his purposes.