Total Posts:54|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Atheists wouldn't exist

desmac
Posts: 5,101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 11:34:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2015 10:57:13 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 10:23:48 AM, desmac wrote:
Gods wouldn't exist if people didn't invent them.

Unreliable assertion.

So prove the existence of gods

Best of luck.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 11:54:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2015 11:34:14 AM, desmac wrote:
At 12/26/2015 10:57:13 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 10:23:48 AM, desmac wrote:
Gods wouldn't exist if people didn't invent them.

Unreliable assertion.

So prove the existence of gods

Best of luck.

Strawman
desmac
Posts: 5,101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 12:08:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2015 11:54:29 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 11:34:14 AM, desmac wrote:
At 12/26/2015 10:57:13 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 10:23:48 AM, desmac wrote:
Gods wouldn't exist if people didn't invent them.

Unreliable assertion.

So prove the existence of gods

Best of luck.


Strawman

Has anyone other than a human being told you in written or oral form about the existence of gods?
johnlubba
Posts: 2,919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 12:14:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2015 12:08:06 PM, desmac wrote:
At 12/26/2015 11:54:29 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 11:34:14 AM, desmac wrote:
At 12/26/2015 10:57:13 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 10:23:48 AM, desmac wrote:
Gods wouldn't exist if people didn't invent them.

Unreliable assertion.

So prove the existence of gods

Best of luck.


Strawman

Has anyone other than a human being told you in written or oral form about the existence of gods?

Yeah, One day the cow jumped over the moon and both the cow and the moon attested to Gods existence.

So there.
bulproof
Posts: 29,486
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2015 1:21:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2015 12:14:33 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 12:08:06 PM, desmac wrote:
At 12/26/2015 11:54:29 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 11:34:14 AM, desmac wrote:
At 12/26/2015 10:57:13 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 10:23:48 AM, desmac wrote:
Gods wouldn't exist if people didn't invent them.

Unreliable assertion.

So prove the existence of gods

Best of luck.


Strawman

Has anyone other than a human being told you in written or oral form about the existence of gods?

Yeah, One day the cow jumped over the moon and both the cow and the moon attested to Gods existence.

So there.
Provide evidence supporting this claim or admit that you are a liar and the only things ever claiming the existence of every god ever claimed to exist are men.
No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
George Bernard Shaw
johnlubba
Posts: 2,919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 6:03:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2015 1:21:13 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/26/2015 12:14:33 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 12:08:06 PM, desmac wrote:
At 12/26/2015 11:54:29 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 11:34:14 AM, desmac wrote:
At 12/26/2015 10:57:13 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 10:23:48 AM, desmac wrote:
Gods wouldn't exist if people didn't invent them.

Unreliable assertion.

So prove the existence of gods

Best of luck.


Strawman

Has anyone other than a human being told you in written or oral form about the existence of gods?

Yeah, One day the cow jumped over the moon and both the cow and the moon attested to Gods existence.

So there.
Provide evidence supporting this claim or admit that you are a liar and the only things ever claiming the existence of every god ever claimed to exist are men.

Provide evidence I made a claim other than the cow and the moon said so, You really are .......................whatever
missmedic
Posts: 490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 8:18:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2015 9:20:55 AM, johnlubba wrote:
If people didn't believe in God.
Then we could all share the same understanding of the world, that would be nice for a change.
So be thankful to us theists you darn atheists. We cause you to exist.
My parents caused me to exist.
bulproof
Posts: 29,486
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 9:28:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2015 6:03:43 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 1:21:13 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/26/2015 12:14:33 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 12:08:06 PM, desmac wrote:
At 12/26/2015 11:54:29 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 11:34:14 AM, desmac wrote:
At 12/26/2015 10:57:13 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 10:23:48 AM, desmac wrote:
Gods wouldn't exist if people didn't invent them.

Unreliable assertion.

So prove the existence of gods

Best of luck.


Strawman

Has anyone other than a human being told you in written or oral form about the existence of gods?

Yeah, One day the cow jumped over the moon and both the cow and the moon attested to Gods existence.

So there.
Provide evidence supporting this claim or admit that you are a liar and the only things ever claiming the existence of every god ever claimed to exist are men.

Provide evidence I made a claim other than the cow and the moon said so, You really are .......................whatever
yeah that's the one, I'm waiting.
No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
George Bernard Shaw
desmac
Posts: 5,101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 9:34:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2015 12:14:33 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 12:08:06 PM, desmac wrote:
At 12/26/2015 11:54:29 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 11:34:14 AM, desmac wrote:
At 12/26/2015 10:57:13 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 10:23:48 AM, desmac wrote:
Gods wouldn't exist if people didn't invent them.

Unreliable assertion.

So prove the existence of gods

Best of luck.


Strawman

Has anyone other than a human being told you in written or oral form about the existence of gods?

Yeah, One day the cow jumped over the moon and both the cow and the moon attested to Gods existence.

So there.

That is about as reliable a source as all the others.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 10:08:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2015 9:34:21 AM, desmac wrote:
At 12/26/2015 12:14:33 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 12:08:06 PM, desmac wrote:
At 12/26/2015 11:54:29 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 11:34:14 AM, desmac wrote:
At 12/26/2015 10:57:13 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 10:23:48 AM, desmac wrote:
Gods wouldn't exist if people didn't invent them.

Unreliable assertion.

So prove the existence of gods

Best of luck.


Strawman

Has anyone other than a human being told you in written or oral form about the existence of gods?

Yeah, One day the cow jumped over the moon and both the cow and the moon attested to Gods existence.

So there.

That is about as reliable a source as all the others.

And about as reliable as your own claim.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 10:09:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2015 9:28:51 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/27/2015 6:03:43 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 1:21:13 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/26/2015 12:14:33 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 12:08:06 PM, desmac wrote:
At 12/26/2015 11:54:29 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 11:34:14 AM, desmac wrote:
At 12/26/2015 10:57:13 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 10:23:48 AM, desmac wrote:
Gods wouldn't exist if people didn't invent them.

Unreliable assertion.

So prove the existence of gods

Best of luck.


Strawman

Has anyone other than a human being told you in written or oral form about the existence of gods?

Yeah, One day the cow jumped over the moon and both the cow and the moon attested to Gods existence.

So there.
Provide evidence supporting this claim or admit that you are a liar and the only things ever claiming the existence of every god ever claimed to exist are men.

Provide evidence I made a claim other than the cow and the moon said so, You really are .......................whatever
yeah that's the one, I'm waiting.

Don't hold your breath.
desmac
Posts: 5,101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 10:59:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2015 10:08:44 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/27/2015 9:34:21 AM, desmac wrote:
At 12/26/2015 12:14:33 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 12:08:06 PM, desmac wrote:
At 12/26/2015 11:54:29 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 11:34:14 AM, desmac wrote:
At 12/26/2015 10:57:13 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 10:23:48 AM, desmac wrote:
Gods wouldn't exist if people didn't invent them.

Unreliable assertion.

So prove the existence of gods

Best of luck.


Strawman

Has anyone other than a human being told you in written or oral form about the existence of gods?

Yeah, One day the cow jumped over the moon and both the cow and the moon attested to Gods existence.

So there.

That is about as reliable a source as all the others.

And about as reliable as your own claim.

It just further proves my claim that you theists invent whatever you want to believe in.
JJ50
Posts: 2,145
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 1:43:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2015 10:23:48 AM, desmac wrote:
Gods wouldn't exist if people didn't invent them.

True, they are a figment of the human imagination, imo.
bulproof
Posts: 29,486
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 1:45:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2015 10:09:23 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/27/2015 9:28:51 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/27/2015 6:03:43 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 1:21:13 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/26/2015 12:14:33 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 12:08:06 PM, desmac wrote:
At 12/26/2015 11:54:29 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 11:34:14 AM, desmac wrote:
At 12/26/2015 10:57:13 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 10:23:48 AM, desmac wrote:
Gods wouldn't exist if people didn't invent them.

Unreliable assertion.

So prove the existence of gods

Best of luck.


Strawman

Has anyone other than a human being told you in written or oral form about the existence of gods?

Yeah, One day the cow jumped over the moon and both the cow and the moon attested to Gods existence.

So there.
Provide evidence supporting this claim or admit that you are a liar and the only things ever claiming the existence of every god ever claimed to exist are men.

Provide evidence I made a claim other than the cow and the moon said so, You really are .......................whatever
yeah that's the one, I'm waiting.


Don't hold your breath.
I'm not surprised, honesty is not one of your traits.
No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
George Bernard Shaw
Skepticalone
Posts: 7,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 8:34:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2015 9:20:55 AM, johnlubba wrote:
If people didn't believe in God.









So be thankful to us theists you darn atheists. We cause you to exist.

No, without theists, the position/label of 'atheist' wouldn't exist. Seriously representing a ~fifth of the population would cease to exist without theism is mind numbingly idiotic.
The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible. - Salman Rushdie

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Posts: 1,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 8:41:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2015 1:21:13 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/26/2015 12:14:33 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 12:08:06 PM, desmac wrote:
At 12/26/2015 11:54:29 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 11:34:14 AM, desmac wrote:
At 12/26/2015 10:57:13 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/26/2015 10:23:48 AM, desmac wrote:
Gods wouldn't exist if people didn't invent them.

Unreliable assertion.

So prove the existence of gods

Best of luck.


Strawman

Has anyone other than a human being told you in written or oral form about the existence of gods?

Yeah, One day the cow jumped over the moon and both the cow and the moon attested to Gods existence.

So there.
Provide evidence supporting this claim or admit that you are a liar and the only things ever claiming the existence of every god ever claimed to exist are men.

Jesus is a part of history and said to be by historians, even Atheist ones, but of course we've been here before haven't we?
Leugen9001
Posts: 495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 11:26:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2015 9:20:55 AM, johnlubba wrote:
If people didn't believe in God.









So be thankful to us theists you darn atheists. We cause you to exist.

Actually, if people didn't believe in gods, all of them would be atheists by definition; an atheist is anybody who doesn't believe in the existence of God or gods.
:) nac
johnlubba
Posts: 2,919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 6:35:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2015 8:34:44 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 12/26/2015 9:20:55 AM, johnlubba wrote:
If people didn't believe in God.









So be thankful to us theists you darn atheists. We cause you to exist.

No, without theists, the position/label of 'atheist' wouldn't exist. Seriously representing a ~fifth of the population would cease to exist without theism is mind numbingly idiotic.

Funny how you would label it as positive, it's just a label, and yes your right, the label atheism wouldn't exist, and therefore people who are atheists wouldn't exist, not the people them selves dummy.

So are you thankful or not?
johnlubba
Posts: 2,919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 6:37:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2015 11:26:19 PM, Leugen9001 wrote:
At 12/26/2015 9:20:55 AM, johnlubba wrote:
If people didn't believe in God.









So be thankful to us theists you darn atheists. We cause you to exist.

Actually, if people didn't believe in gods, all of them would be atheists by definition; an atheist is anybody who doesn't believe in the existence of God or gods.

But the concept of God must be there for there to be atheists, else there is no difference between an atheist or a rock.

Are rocks also atheists?
Skepticalone
Posts: 7,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 6:47:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/28/2015 6:35:12 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/27/2015 8:34:44 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 12/26/2015 9:20:55 AM, johnlubba wrote:
If people didn't believe in God.









So be thankful to us theists you darn atheists. We cause you to exist.

No, without theists, the position/label of 'atheist' wouldn't exist. Seriously representing a ~fifth of the population would cease to exist without theism is mind numbingly idiotic.

Funny how you would label it as positive, it's just a label, and yes your right, the label atheism wouldn't exist, and therefore people who are atheists wouldn't exist, not the people them selves dummy.

So are you thankful or not?

Thankful for what? Atheism doesn't define what I am, it only defines what I'm not.
The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible. - Salman Rushdie

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell
johnlubba
Posts: 2,919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 6:49:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Gods wouldn't exist if people didn't invent them.

Unreliable assertion.

So prove the existence of gods

Best of luck.


Strawman

Has anyone other than a human being told you in written or oral form about the existence of gods?

Yeah, One day the cow jumped over the moon and both the cow and the moon attested to Gods existence.

So there.
Provide evidence supporting this claim or admit that you are a liar and the only things ever claiming the existence of every god ever claimed to exist are men.

Provide evidence I made a claim other than the cow and the moon said so, You really are .......................whatever
yeah that's the one, I'm waiting.


Don't hold your breath.
I'm not surprised, honesty is not one of your traits.

Now go and find yourself a dummy to suck on.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 6:51:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/28/2015 6:47:16 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 12/28/2015 6:35:12 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/27/2015 8:34:44 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 12/26/2015 9:20:55 AM, johnlubba wrote:
If people didn't believe in God.









So be thankful to us theists you darn atheists. We cause you to exist.

No, without theists, the position/label of 'atheist' wouldn't exist. Seriously representing a ~fifth of the population would cease to exist without theism is mind numbingly idiotic.

Funny how you would label it as positive, it's just a label, and yes your right, the label atheism wouldn't exist, and therefore people who are atheists wouldn't exist, not the people them selves dummy.

So are you thankful or not?

Thankful for what? Atheism doesn't define what I am, it only defines what I'm not.

You are an atheists because we theists play a major part in forming you, shaping your ideas and your outlook on life, as such, without us you wouldn't be an atheist, and therefore your existence is dependent on us, you owe us everything, be grateful.

I am trolling you by the way.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 6:54:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/28/2015 6:47:16 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 12/28/2015 6:35:12 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/27/2015 8:34:44 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 12/26/2015 9:20:55 AM, johnlubba wrote:
If people didn't believe in God.









So be thankful to us theists you darn atheists. We cause you to exist.

No, without theists, the position/label of 'atheist' wouldn't exist. Seriously representing a ~fifth of the population would cease to exist without theism is mind numbingly idiotic.

Funny how you would label it as positive, it's just a label, and yes your right, the label atheism wouldn't exist, and therefore people who are atheists wouldn't exist, not the people them selves dummy.

So are you thankful or not?

Thankful for what? Atheism doesn't define what I am, it only defines what I'm not.

But seriously, atheism does define what you are,

Are you an atheist or aren't you?
Skepticalone
Posts: 7,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 6:56:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/28/2015 6:51:51 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/28/2015 6:47:16 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 12/28/2015 6:35:12 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/27/2015 8:34:44 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 12/26/2015 9:20:55 AM, johnlubba wrote:
If people didn't believe in God.









So be thankful to us theists you darn atheists. We cause you to exist.

No, without theists, the position/label of 'atheist' wouldn't exist. Seriously representing a ~fifth of the population would cease to exist without theism is mind numbingly idiotic.

Funny how you would label it as positive, it's just a label, and yes your right, the label atheism wouldn't exist, and therefore people who are atheists wouldn't exist, not the people them selves dummy.

So are you thankful or not?

Thankful for what? Atheism doesn't define what I am, it only defines what I'm not.

You are an atheists because we theists play a major part in forming you, shaping your ideas and your outlook on life, as such, without us you wouldn't be an atheist, and therefore your existence is dependent on us, you owe us everything, be grateful.

I am trolling you by the way.

I would give it a 2 on a 1-10 scale.
The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible. - Salman Rushdie

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell
johnlubba
Posts: 2,919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 7:03:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/28/2015 6:56:01 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 12/28/2015 6:51:51 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/28/2015 6:47:16 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 12/28/2015 6:35:12 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/27/2015 8:34:44 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 12/26/2015 9:20:55 AM, johnlubba wrote:
If people didn't believe in God.









So be thankful to us theists you darn atheists. We cause you to exist.

No, without theists, the position/label of 'atheist' wouldn't exist. Seriously representing a ~fifth of the population would cease to exist without theism is mind numbingly idiotic.

Funny how you would label it as positive, it's just a label, and yes your right, the label atheism wouldn't exist, and therefore people who are atheists wouldn't exist, not the people them selves dummy.

So are you thankful or not?

Thankful for what? Atheism doesn't define what I am, it only defines what I'm not.

You are an atheists because we theists play a major part in forming you, shaping your ideas and your outlook on life, as such, without us you wouldn't be an atheist, and therefore your existence is dependent on us, you owe us everything, be grateful.

I am trolling you by the way.

I would give it a 2 on a 1-10 scale.

I am 100% 50/50