Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

Are you a Bigot against Christians?

IntellectVsSpirit5000
Posts: 1,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 7:16:26 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
With all this talk about people being bigots, are you a bigot against Christianity, and what is the difference that makes you feel hate speak towards Christianity is okay, but any unpolitically correct speak towards Muslims is "intolerance and bigotry"?
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 8:05:39 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 7:16:26 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
With all this talk about people being bigots, are you a bigot against Christianity, and what is the difference that makes you feel hate speak towards Christianity is okay, but any unpolitically correct speak towards Muslims is "intolerance and bigotry"?

I think you are chasing a straw man. Some, like me, who dislike Christianity and say so - dislike Islam and say so. There are others that want more religious tolerant language. They would not speak poorly of either of the two religions.

Can you find any example where this is not true?
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 8:06:48 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 7:16:26 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
With all this talk about people being bigots, are you a bigot against Christianity

No, but Christianity promotes bigotry, and it would be the bigotry of Christianity that I would be against.

and what is the difference that makes you feel hate speak towards Christianity is okay

What hate speech? Are you referring to the hate speech Christianity supports?

but any unpolitically correct speak towards Muslims is "intolerance and bigotry"?

Muslims, yes, Islam, no.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Posts: 1,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 8:24:11 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 8:06:48 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/27/2015 7:16:26 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
With all this talk about people being bigots, are you a bigot against Christianity

No, but Christianity promotes bigotry, and it would be the bigotry of Christianity that I would be against.

and what is the difference that makes you feel hate speak towards Christianity is okay

What hate speech? Are you referring to the hate speech Christianity supports?

but any unpolitically correct speak towards Muslims is "intolerance and bigotry"?

Muslims, yes, Islam, no.

Bigotry against Samaritans? Giggle. In my nievity I assumed you understood there was this testament called "The New Testamebt", which is the writing we get our ethics and sense of morality from. You're welcome to point out Jesus' use of bigotry. If we went off of the Old Testament for these things, which we do not, we would sacrifice live animals, kill homosexuals, kill adulterers, stone people to death, etc. And why is it that we don't do those things do you think? Jesus? The New Testament? Hmmmm....
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Posts: 1,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 8:27:12 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 8:06:48 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/27/2015 7:16:26 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
With all this talk about people being bigots, are you a bigot against Christianity

No, but Christianity promotes bigotry, and it would be the bigotry of Christianity that I would be against.

and what is the difference that makes you feel hate speak towards Christianity is okay

What hate speech? Are you referring to the hate speech Christianity supports?

but any unpolitically correct speak towards Muslims is "intolerance and bigotry"?

Muslims, yes, Islam, no.

You say "Muslims, yes, Islam no. So by that same assertion, you cannot say Christians believe or use the word "Christians" in a negative or biggoted fashion without being a hypocrite.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Posts: 1,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 8:36:21 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 8:06:48 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/27/2015 7:16:26 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
With all this talk about people being bigots, are you a bigot against Christianity

No, but Christianity promotes bigotry, and it would be the bigotry of Christianity that I would be against.

and what is the difference that makes you feel hate speak towards Christianity is okay

What hate speech? Are you referring to the hate speech Christianity supports?

but any unpolitically correct speak towards Muslims is "intolerance and bigotry"?

Muslims, yes, Islam, no.

What was Jesus' stance on homosexuality?
missmedic
Posts: 390
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 8:53:39 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 7:16:26 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
With all this talk about people being bigots, are you a bigot against Christianity, and what is the difference that makes you feel hate speak towards Christianity is okay, but any unpolitically correct speak towards Muslims is "intolerance and bigotry"?

In English the word "bigot" refers to a person not ideas.
Ideas do not automatically deserve respect and Christianity and Islam are bad ideas, as are most ideas based on faith.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 9:24:36 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 8:36:21 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:

What was Jesus' stance on homosexuality?

Matthew 5: 7:

"Neither do men pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the skins will burst, the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved."

Luke 4:18

"The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free

Matthew 19

'Have you not read that the One who made them at the beginning made them male and female, For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife and the two shall become one flesh"? Therefore, what God has joined together, let no one separate'.

'Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. For some are eunuchs because they were born that way; others were made that way by men; and others have renounced marriage because of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it'.

Jesus Christ tells his disciples that people born without the innate attraction to the opposite sex should not marry people of the opposite sex.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
MaxSterling
Posts: 62
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 9:40:26 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 7:16:26 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
With all this talk about people being bigots, are you a bigot against Christianity, and what is the difference that makes you feel hate speak towards Christianity is okay, but any unpolitically correct speak towards Muslims is "intolerance and bigotry"?

So who, specifically, are you trying to talk to? Because just throwing this question out there to no one in particular comes off as bitter
"But why do you want REVENGE?!"

"I HAVE REASONS!!!!!"
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 9:50:44 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 8:24:11 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
At 12/27/2015 8:06:48 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/27/2015 7:16:26 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
With all this talk about people being bigots, are you a bigot against Christianity

No, but Christianity promotes bigotry, and it would be the bigotry of Christianity that I would be against.

and what is the difference that makes you feel hate speak towards Christianity is okay

What hate speech? Are you referring to the hate speech Christianity supports?

but any unpolitically correct speak towards Muslims is "intolerance and bigotry"?

Muslims, yes, Islam, no.

Bigotry against Samaritans? Giggle. In my nievity I assumed you understood there was this testament called "The New Testamebt", which is the writing we get our ethics and sense of morality from.

Yes, that's the main problem in a nut shell.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Pase66
Posts: 775
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 10:09:28 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 7:16:26 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
With all this talk about people being bigots, are you a bigot against Christianity, and what is the difference that makes you feel hate speak towards Christianity is okay, but any unpolitically correct speak towards Muslims is "intolerance and bigotry"?

I think intolerance towards Muslims and Christians are unacceptable (without appropriate cause), but it's fine to ridicule Islam and Christianity.
Check out these Current Debates
It Cannot be Shown that The Qur'an is Revelation from God
http://www.debate.org...
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 10:15:48 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 7:16:26 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
With all this talk about people being bigots, are you a bigot against Christianity, and what is the difference that makes you feel hate speak towards Christianity is okay, but any unpolitically correct speak towards Muslims is "intolerance and bigotry"?

I think you need to be diligent in avoiding straw-manning here, IvS. To that end:

Please define hate speech, IvS, and supply three examples from either DDO or popular broadcast media that you consider to be anti-Christian hate-speech.

Please also cite three cases from either DDO or popular broadcast media of criticism of Muslims, which you feel is milder and less hateful than the examples you cited above, and where either a DDO member or a popular public commentator has called it hate-speech.

Thank you.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Posts: 1,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 5:08:43 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/27/2015 10:15:48 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/27/2015 7:16:26 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
With all this talk about people being bigots, are you a bigot against Christianity, and what is the difference that makes you feel hate speak towards Christianity is okay, but any unpolitically correct speak towards Muslims is "intolerance and bigotry"?

I think you need to be diligent in avoiding straw-manning here, IvS. To that end:

Please define hate speech, IvS, and supply three examples from either DDO or popular broadcast media that you consider to be anti-Christian hate-speech.

Please also cite three cases from either DDO or popular broadcast media of criticism of Muslims, which you feel is milder and less hateful than the examples you cited above, and where either a DDO member or a popular public commentator has called it hate-speech.

Thank you.

I'll give you examples that are even better than definitions.

Christians on this forum called:
1)idiots
2)Stupid
3)Godbotherers

But tolerate and avoid hurting Muslims' feelings at all costs.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 5:22:44 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/28/2015 5:08:43 AM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
At 12/27/2015 10:15:48 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/27/2015 7:16:26 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
With all this talk about people being bigots, are you a bigot against Christianity, and what is the difference that makes you feel hate speak towards Christianity is okay, but any unpolitically correct speak towards Muslims is "intolerance and bigotry"?

I think you need to be diligent in avoiding straw-manning here, IvS. To that end:

Please define hate speech, IvS, and supply three examples from either DDO or popular broadcast media that you consider to be anti-Christian hate-speech.

Please also cite three cases from either DDO or popular broadcast media of criticism of Muslims, which you feel is milder and less hateful than the examples you cited above, and where either a DDO member or a popular public commentator has called it hate-speech.

Thank you.

I'll give you examples that are even better than definitions.

Christians on this forum called:
1)idiots
2)Stupid
3)Godbotherers

In the case of 1-2), can you please cite a case where the insult 'idiot' or' stupid' is used because a member is Christian, rather than because a member's arguments or manner were not respected?

In the case of 3), you haven't supplied a definition of hatred yet, but in your mind is there a difference between scorn/mockery and hate?

You also haven't yet supplied sources I asked for: specific instances in DDO or popular broadcast media. Sources matter, because they offer context for interpretation and hence validation that your claims are both legitimate and representative.

Please note that I have asked for those sources for comments about Muslims also.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Posts: 1,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 5:25:48 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/28/2015 5:22:44 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/28/2015 5:08:43 AM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
At 12/27/2015 10:15:48 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/27/2015 7:16:26 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
With all this talk about people being bigots, are you a bigot against Christianity, and what is the difference that makes you feel hate speak towards Christianity is okay, but any unpolitically correct speak towards Muslims is "intolerance and bigotry"?

I think you need to be diligent in avoiding straw-manning here, IvS. To that end:

Please define hate speech, IvS, and supply three examples from either DDO or popular broadcast media that you consider to be anti-Christian hate-speech.

Please also cite three cases from either DDO or popular broadcast media of criticism of Muslims, which you feel is milder and less hateful than the examples you cited above, and where either a DDO member or a popular public commentator has called it hate-speech.

Thank you.

I'll give you examples that are even better than definitions.

Christians on this forum called:
1)idiots
2)Stupid
3)Godbotherers

In the case of 1-2), can you please cite a case where the insult 'idiot' or' stupid' is used because a member is Christian, rather than because a member's arguments or manner were not respected?

In the case of 3), you haven't supplied a definition of hatred yet, but in your mind is there a difference between scorn/mockery and hate?

You also haven't yet supplied sources I asked for: specific instances in DDO or popular broadcast media. Sources matter, because they offer context for interpretation and hence validation that your claims are both legitimate and representative.

Please note that I have asked for those sources for comments about Muslims also.

You aren't tolerating me right now. My feelings have been hurt and I am just a peace loving minority. Don't be a racist bigot to me. You must pat my ego and tolerate my beliefs to any end. Not all of "us" are the same. Judge not...judge not...
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 5:31:45 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/28/2015 5:25:48 AM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
At 12/28/2015 5:22:44 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/28/2015 5:08:43 AM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
At 12/27/2015 10:15:48 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/27/2015 7:16:26 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
With all this talk about people being bigots, are you a bigot against Christianity, and what is the difference that makes you feel hate speak towards Christianity is okay, but any unpolitically correct speak towards Muslims is "intolerance and bigotry"?

I think you need to be diligent in avoiding straw-manning here, IvS. To that end:

Please define hate speech, IvS, and supply three examples from either DDO or popular broadcast media that you consider to be anti-Christian hate-speech.

Please also cite three cases from either DDO or popular broadcast media of criticism of Muslims, which you feel is milder and less hateful than the examples you cited above, and where either a DDO member or a popular public commentator has called it hate-speech.

Thank you.

I'll give you examples that are even better than definitions.

Christians on this forum called:
1)idiots
2)Stupid
3)Godbotherers

In the case of 1-2), can you please cite a case where the insult 'idiot' or' stupid' is used because a member is Christian, rather than because a member's arguments or manner were not respected?

In the case of 3), you haven't supplied a definition of hatred yet, but in your mind is there a difference between scorn/mockery and hate?

You also haven't yet supplied sources I asked for: specific instances in DDO or popular broadcast media. Sources matter, because they offer context for interpretation and hence validation that your claims are both legitimate and representative.

Please note that I have asked for those sources for comments about Muslims also.

You aren't tolerating me right now. My feelings have been hurt

I disagree, IvS. I have a number of heavy-drinking uncles, and am well-practiced at humouring them.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Posts: 1,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 5:34:33 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/28/2015 5:31:45 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/28/2015 5:25:48 AM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
At 12/28/2015 5:22:44 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/28/2015 5:08:43 AM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
At 12/27/2015 10:15:48 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/27/2015 7:16:26 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
With all this talk about people being bigots, are you a bigot against Christianity, and what is the difference that makes you feel hate speak towards Christianity is okay, but any unpolitically correct speak towards Muslims is "intolerance and bigotry"?

I think you need to be diligent in avoiding straw-manning here, IvS. To that end:

Please define hate speech, IvS, and supply three examples from either DDO or popular broadcast media that you consider to be anti-Christian hate-speech.

Please also cite three cases from either DDO or popular broadcast media of criticism of Muslims, which you feel is milder and less hateful than the examples you cited above, and where either a DDO member or a popular public commentator has called it hate-speech.

Thank you.

I'll give you examples that are even better than definitions.

Christians on this forum called:
1)idiots
2)Stupid
3)Godbotherers

In the case of 1-2), can you please cite a case where the insult 'idiot' or' stupid' is used because a member is Christian, rather than because a member's arguments or manner were not respected?

In the case of 3), you haven't supplied a definition of hatred yet, but in your mind is there a difference between scorn/mockery and hate?

You also haven't yet supplied sources I asked for: specific instances in DDO or popular broadcast media. Sources matter, because they offer context for interpretation and hence validation that your claims are both legitimate and representative.

Please note that I have asked for those sources for comments about Muslims also.

You aren't tolerating me right now. My feelings have been hurt

I disagree, IvS. I have a number of heavy-drinking uncles, and am well-practiced at humouring them.

Tolerate me or I will start calling you Atheist Trump.