Jump to topic:

Sorry Atheists...

IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 11:26:07 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Leonhard Euler (15 April 1707"" 18 September 1783) (/G2;;6;=8;lər/ oy-lər;[2] Swiss Standard German [G2;;6;=8;lər], German Standard German [G2;;6;A5;l;2;]) was a Swiss mathematician, physicist, astronomer, logician and engineer who made important and influential discoveries in many branches of mathematics like infinitesimal calculus and graph theory while also making pioneering contributions to several branches such as topology and analytic number theory. He also introduced much of the modern mathematical terminology and notation, particularly for mathematical analysis, such as the notion of a mathematical function.[3] He is also known for his work in mechanics, fluid dynamics, optics, astronomy, and music theory.[4]

Euler was one of the most eminent mathematicians of the 18th century, and is held to be one of the greatest in history. He is also widely considered to be the most prolific mathematician of all times. His collected works fill 60 to 80 quarto volumes,[5] more than anybody in the field. He spent most of his adult life in St. Petersburg, Russia, and in Berlin, then the capital of Prussia.

A statement attributed to Pierre-Simon Laplace expresses Euler's influence on mathematics: "Read Euler, read Euler, he is the master of us all."[6][7]

-Wikipedia
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 11:36:52 PM
Yes, Euler was a prolific, insightful and valuable mathematician.

There are two formulae connecting Euler anecdotally with a supposed proof of God.

One is the Euler identity: e ^ (i * pi) + 1 = 0 [https://en.wikipedia.org...'s_identity] -- a handy and elegant formula linking three fundamental mathematical constants, but having as much to do with religion as does the Higgs boson.

The other is the bumf you quoted, which has no mathematical meaning I'm aware of, and is associated with a dubious and oft-misinterpreted anecdote.

But I suspect you knew that. :)
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 11:41:24 PM
At 12/27/2015 11:23:34 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
a+b to the "n" power
/
n
=x, hence God exists

The end.
That means nothing
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 11:59:51 PM
Don't be sorry, we've seen worse arguments.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 12:02:48 AM
At 12/27/2015 11:36:52 PM, RuvDraba wrote:

There are two formulae connecting Euler anecdotally with a supposed proof of God.

One is the Euler identity: e ^ (i * pi) + 1 = 0 [https://en.wikipedia.org...'s_identity] -- a handy and elegant formula linking three fundamental mathematical constants, but having as much to do with religion as does the Higgs boson.

The other is the bumf you quoted, which has no mathematical meaning I'm aware of, and is associated with a dubious and oft-misinterpreted anecdote.

X to the 10th power - the square root of 106.3497653 / pie over space time continuim + Dirt to the 8th = Creationism. Prove it wrong. Giggle...
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 12:06:43 AM
At 12/28/2015 12:02:48 AM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
At 12/27/2015 11:36:52 PM, RuvDraba wrote:

X to the 10th power - the square root of 106.3497653 / pie over space time continuim + Dirt to the 8th = Creationism. Prove it wrong. Giggle...

Maybe after the egg-nog leaves your system. :)
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 12:28:24 AM
At 12/27/2015 11:23:34 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
a+b to the "n" power
/
n
=x, hence God exists

The end.

Christians can do with a few math lessons.

Trinity 1 + 1 + 1 = 1.
Jesus birth + resurrection + return = 3. Not 2 or second coming.