Jump to topic:

Convince me I should worship a man as God

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 4:03:38 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
The man is question is Jesus, lived around 2000 years ago give or take..............you know what you know who I am talking about.

In this thread I am granting the existence of a God, invisible, supernatural, powerful, exists beyond our universe.

But, to worship a man, a man flesh and blood just like you and me as a GOD ?

Well go on then, whats the best you got ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 4:08:45 AM
At 12/28/2015 4:03:38 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
The man is question is Jesus, lived around 2000 years ago give or take..............you know what you know who I am talking about.

In this thread I am granting the existence of a God, invisible, supernatural, powerful, exists beyond our universe.

please respect others just like we respect Hindu worship cows and elephants, Buddha worship fat guy, and Shia/Shiites worship Hussein or Ali.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 5:37:29 AM
Seriously ? you make all those threads but won't respond to this one ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 9:57:32 AM

The easiest part to this is that the hardest work is already over, you accept the existence of God, so it isn't very hard to go a step further and accept that God incarnated as a human being, ( Entirely possible for God ) A man, who is the best representation of his love, allowing himself to be crucified, not only for your benefit but the entire worlds, for all generations and even yet those who are to come.

The least you could do is acknowledge that there is no greater love than to offer you own life for the benefit of others, and if you can admit this, then you would find Christ the most admirable.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 10:02:23 AM
At 12/28/2015 9:57:32 AM, johnlubba wrote:

The easiest part to this is that the hardest work is already over, you accept the existence of God, so it isn't very hard to go a step further and accept that God incarnated as a human being,

Or a turtle, or a possum or a platypus, no not a platypus they are evil.

( Entirely possible for God ) A man, who is the best representation of his love, allowing himself to be crucified, not only for your benefit but the entire worlds, for all generations and even yet those who are to come.

The least you could do is acknowledge that there is no greater love than to offer you own life for the benefit of others, and if you can admit this, then you would find Christ the most admirable.

Even if given, still not a God..........errrr a man God.

Humans do sure like their stories man Gods included.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 10:06:20 AM
At 12/28/2015 10:02:23 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

The easiest part to this is that the hardest work is already over, you accept the existence of God, so it isn't very hard to go a step further and accept that God incarnated as a human being,

( Entirely possible for God ) A man, who is the best representation of his love, allowing himself to be crucified, not only for your benefit but the entire worlds, for all generations and even yet those who are to come.

Not a very good answer but I'll try to entertain you anyway.

A turtle never came and professed to have died for you, and also, it has never portrayed such a perfect representation of love.

Your move
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 10:10:29 AM
At 12/28/2015 10:06:20 AM, johnlubba wrote:

A turtle never came and professed to have died for you, and also, it has never portrayed such a perfect representation of love.

Oh the whole die for you, I take it that's the Jesus died = you don't burn in hell.

Never mind the problems with that,lets just assume it's all true.

Your still left with a human being, flesh and blood as a human sacrifice, lets grant it's a loveing act, great, still doesn't get you to flesh and blood man is God.

Your move

Your move
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 10:18:11 AM
At 12/28/2015 10:10:29 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Oh the whole die for you, I take it that's the Jesus died = you don't burn in hell.

Your still left with a human being, flesh and blood as a human sacrifice, lets grant it's a loveing act, great, still doesn't get you to flesh and blood man is God.

Your move

Your move

Good you accept all that stuff, then the next step is ridiculously easy,

Incarnation my friend, incarnation, it is where a spirit/soul, ( which is what God is, is able to impregnate matter and take on a bodily form.

Or better yet, seeing as God is God, He could just will himself a meat suit, most powerful, incredibly attractive, super fast, and really intelligent, but he didn't do that he just came down humbly as Jesus and then allowed us wretched humans to crucify Him, simply to show us how wretched we are, and we are.

Don't you think we need some type of divine intervention?

Your move,

May be a while busy at work.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 10:22:30 AM
At 12/28/2015 10:18:11 AM, johnlubba wrote:

Your move

Your move

Incarnation my friend, incarnation, it is where a spirit/soul, ( which is what God is, is able to impregnate matter and take on a bodily form.

Or better yet, seeing as God is God, He could just will himself a meat suit, most powerful, incredibly attractive, super fast, and really intelligent, but he didn't do that he just came down humbly as Jesus and then allowed us wretched humans to crucify Him, simply to show us how wretched we are, and we are.

Your going to need more than mere assertion...........

You mean like the absent of divine intervention say concerning small pox, the plague, not telling people how the weather really works as they go hunting for them damm witches casting their wicked spells.

Yeah I think divine intervention would of being good, didn't happen but.

Your move,

An assertion with a question is hardly a good reason for look behold the man God.

Behold the God platypus !!!
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 10:28:02 AM
At 12/28/2015 10:22:30 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Your move

Your move

You mean like the absent of divine intervention say concerning small pox, the plague, not telling people how the weather really works as they go hunting for them damm witches casting their wicked spells.

Your move,

An assertion with a question is hardly a good reason for look behold the man God.

Dearie dearie me,

My good fellow,

Is it not God we are talking about, the very same God whom you agree exists, then my dear friend, you must hold accountable all the attributes of God that make God-God,

Such as the ability to incarnate.

https://en.wikipedia.org...

This is obviously no problem for an almighty God who is the source and creator of all creation.

Failing all else, he could just posses someone like an evil spirit, you know, like in the film Poltergeist. Or is it Zeitgeist?

Your move.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 10:33:08 AM
At 12/28/2015 10:28:02 AM, johnlubba wrote:

Your move

Your move

Your move,

Dearie dearie me,

My good fellow,

Is it not God we are talking about, the very same God whom you agree exists, then my dear friend, you must hold accountable all the attributes of God that make God-God,

This is obviously no problem for an almighty God who is the source and creator of all creation.

Failing all else, he could just posses someone like an evil spirit, you know, like in the film Poltergeist. Or is it Zeitgeist?

Your move.

Just because God can do X doesn't mean God has or will do X.

I don't dispute that a God could incarnate as human or any other mammal.

That admission doesn't get you to therefore Jesus the man God.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 10:54:14 AM
At 12/28/2015 10:33:08 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Your move

Your move

Your move,

Dearie dearie me,

My good fellow,

Your move.

You have conceded that God can incarnate, that is all that is needed, Now we have to decide that if God was to use this power, would there be a better representation of his love and character than Jesus, I would have to say, no. Simply because Jesus has already influenced almost half the planet using his divinity, even Muslims accept Jesus's teachings as a prophet. That's almost three quarters of people who want to accept Him, have.

Pretty good going seeing as you can't please everybody.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 11:03:42 AM
At 12/28/2015 10:54:14 AM, johnlubba wrote:

Your move

Your move

Your move,

Dearie dearie me,

My good fellow,

Your move.

You have conceded that God can incarnate, that is all that is needed, Now we have to decide that if God was to use this power, would there be a better representation of his love and character than Jesus, I would have to say, no. Simply because Jesus has already influenced almost half the planet using his divinity, even Muslims accept Jesus's teachings as a prophet. That's almost three quarters of people who want to accept Him, have.

I could just as easily put forth, if God was going to incarnate he would x,y,z, Jesus or whoever did not x,y,z ergo they are not God incarnate.

That will just come down to a battle of assertions, which is pretty much religion in a nutshell.

And as I said before even if we grant the whole Jesus dies = you don't go to hell and I grant that as a loving act it doesn't get you to well Jesus is probably God.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 11:14:51 AM
At 12/28/2015 11:03:42 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/28/2015 10:54:14 AM, johnlubba wrote:

Your move

Your move

Your move,

Dearie dearie me,

My good fellow,

Your move.

I could just as easily put forth, if God was going to incarnate he would x,y,z, Jesus or whoever did not x,y,z ergo they are not God incarnate.

That will just come down to a battle of assertions, which is pretty much religion in a nutshell.

And as I said before even if we grant the whole Jesus dies = you don't go to hell and I grant that as a loving act it doesn't get you to well Jesus is probably God.

Then I am not sure exactly what you want to hear or what I could say, But if God exists and He is love then He would want to guide us by incarnating on earth as a human and showing that by actually sacrificing His son which together make up God, then I don't see a better option.

Basically, when the people on earth are becoming lost, the God incarnates on earth to re-establish religious principles.

This is exactly how the story goes.