Jump to topic:

How could a personal God exist?

fallenalien
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 12:44:32 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Do you believe there is a God that is looking out for you? That loves you? That wants the best for you?

Is that not narcissistic to believe you are that important that you have a divine being watching over you? What about a kid that gets cancer and dies at age 9? Oh but God loves you and blessed you with a family, a house, good health....its all thanks to God right.

So God doesn't care about the kid that died at age 9? Oh right its the devil....lol. Oh its all part of God's master plan? lol really. God has another purpose for you? Come on. Pick a justification for your confirmation bias of their being a personal God.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 1:17:16 PM
At 12/28/2015 12:44:32 PM, fallenalien wrote:
Do you believe there is a God that is looking out for you? That loves you? That wants the best for you?

Is that not narcissistic to believe you are that important that you have a divine being watching over you? What about a kid that gets cancer and dies at age 9? Oh but God loves you and blessed you with a family, a house, good health....its all thanks to God right.

So God doesn't care about the kid that died at age 9? Oh right its the devil....lol. Oh its all part of God's master plan? lol really. God has another purpose for you? Come on. Pick a justification for your confirmation bias of their being a personal God.

Life is a gift. As a person who received the gift, I have no right to complain about how much of a gift I received.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 1:20:29 PM
At 12/28/2015 1:17:16 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:

Life is a gift. As a person who received the gift, I have no right to complain about how much of a gift I received.

Life is what gives us the chance to question, those who need a god to answer one of those questions are not interested in the answer they are willing to accept the explanation given by cavemen.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 1:38:09 PM
At 12/28/2015 1:20:29 PM, bulproof wrote:

Life is what gives us the chance to question, those who need a god to answer one of those questions are not interested in the answer they are willing to accept the explanation given by cavemen.

I said "complain", not question. I see you're up to your usual straw man arguments.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 2:07:18 PM
At 12/28/2015 1:38:09 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:

I said "complain", not question. I see you're up to your usual straw man arguments.

I said question and you didn't even see it go past, you claimed that life is a gift and you can't recognise that my argument relates to that nonsense and is completely irrelevant to your claim of "complain"
Please try to use the brain you claim your god gave you if you wish to dialogue with me.
I'll try to explain the really simple comments I make since you have always had trouble with my comments no matter how simple I make them.
Carry on,
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 2:39:33 PM
At 12/28/2015 2:07:18 PM, bulproof wrote:

I said question and you didn't even see it go past, you claimed that life is a gift and you can't recognise that my argument relates to that nonsense and is completely irrelevant to your claim of "complain"
Please try to use the brain you claim your god gave you if you wish to dialogue with me.
I'll try to explain the really simple comments I make since you have always had trouble with my comments no matter how simple I make them.
Carry on,

If your post wasn't directed at what I said, then it is you who made the irrelevant comment. After all, you replied to my post.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 2:51:05 PM
At 12/28/2015 2:39:33 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:

Carry on,

If your post wasn't directed at what I said, then it is you who made the irrelevant comment. After all, you replied to my post.
You really do struggle with comprehension, don't you?
I explained quite succinctly what my response referred to and you still fail to comprehend.
You lack the capacity to discuss intelligently since you lack the capacity to comprehend what is written.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 3:00:55 PM
At 12/28/2015 2:51:05 PM, bulproof wrote:

Carry on,

I explained quite succinctly what my response referred to and you still fail to comprehend.
You lack the capacity to discuss intelligently since you lack the capacity to comprehend what is written.

Your comments questioned the existence of God, but the thread only questions whether a personal God exists. If you wish to start making relevant responses, please stick to the topic of the thread. As always, you are free to start your own threads if you wish to start a new discussion concerning a different topic.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 3:07:52 PM

Well, a personal God would be a God one would have a relationship with, correct? Do you have a relationship with God? If you don"t, then how do you know what He is or is not like? What He cares or doesn"t care about, or who He loves or don"t love? Why are you telling us what you"ve heard and not what you should know, if you are going to question, what He is like?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 4:11:14 PM
At 12/28/2015 3:00:55 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:

Carry on,

Your comments questioned the existence of God,
citation required.
but the thread only questions whether a personal God exists.
Where do I not respond to that? What is the difference between a God and a personal God?
If you wish to start making relevant responses, please stick to the topic of the thread.
I certainly have it's you who is attempting derailing with your penny worth of thought.
As always, you are free to start your own threads if you wish to start a new discussion concerning a different topic.
I'm more than happy to stick to the subject that you can't seem to understand is being discussed.
Try to keep up, there's a good little thing.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 4:30:58 PM
At 12/28/2015 4:11:14 PM, bulproof wrote:

Carry on,

citation required.

"Those who need a god..."

Where do I not respond to that? What is the difference between a God and a personal God?

Questioning if a personal God exists doesn't deny the existence of God. It only implies that God is impersonal.

If you wish to start making relevant responses, please stick to the topic of the thread.
I certainly have it's you who is attempting derailing with your penny worth of thought.
As always, you are free to start your own threads if you wish to start a new discussion concerning a different topic.
I'm more than happy to stick to the subject that you can't seem to understand is being discussed.

Well I look forward to the first time you do.

Waiting for you to join the rest of us.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 4:40:48 PM
At 12/28/2015 4:30:58 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:

Carry on,

citation required.

That is so pathetically a failure, you are rightly ashamed to have mentioned it. hahaha

Questioning if a personal God exists doesn't deny the existence of God. It only implies that God is impersonal.
You have completely lost the plot ever since you first responded to me with nonsensical accusations and now you are completely lost with nothing to respond. That was always going to be the case.

You have proven otherwise in this and many other posts but I like to offer you the opportunity.

That isn't even 2nd prize little thing.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 4:58:18 PM
At 12/28/2015 4:40:48 PM, bulproof wrote:

Carry on,

citation required.

That is so pathetically a failure, you are rightly ashamed to have mentioned it. hahaha

You have completely lost the plot ever since you first responded to me with nonsensical accusations and now you are completely lost with nothing to respond. That was always going to be the case.

You have proven otherwise in this and many other posts but I like to offer you the opportunity.

In every instance above, you don't even ATTEMPT to counter my arguments/evidence. Textbook example of mere accusations.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 5:02:45 PM
At 12/28/2015 4:58:18 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:

Carry on,

citation required.

In every instance above, you don't even ATTEMPT to counter my arguments/evidence. Textbook example of mere accusations.

In everything you have ever posted you show your incapacity for even a modicum of understanding. You are dismissed.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 5:11:51 PM
At 12/28/2015 5:02:45 PM, bulproof wrote:

Carry on,

citation required.

In everything you have ever posted you show your incapacity for even a modicum of understanding. You are dismissed.

The difference between us is, I say "I'm right, and here's why...". On the other hand, you say, "You're wrong, because I say so."

I know you'll understand if I dismiss your claims as the baseless assertions that they are.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 5:23:18 PM
At 12/28/2015 5:11:51 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:

Carry on,

citation required.

The difference between us is, I say "I'm right, and here's why...". On the other hand, you say, "You're wrong, because I say so."

I know you'll understand if I dismiss your claims as the baseless assertions that they are.
Instead of having enough courage to actually question the beliefs you have got from cavemen you will cowardly just accept them.
It's because the caveman's fantasies align perfectly with yours, a desperate need to never die and a belief in your absolute superiority that MUST exempt you from that eventuality. Hubris and fear are what control your life. I pity you.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 5:54:03 PM
At 12/28/2015 5:23:18 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/28/2015 5:11:51 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:

Carry on,

citation required.

Instead of having enough courage to actually question the beliefs you have got from cavemen you will cowardly just accept them.
It's because the caveman's fantasies align perfectly with yours, a desperate need to never die and a belief in your absolute superiority that MUST exempt you from that eventuality. Hubris and fear are what control your life. I pity you.

I notice you don't deny my latest post. Most telling.

As for your accusations here, I have questioned my beliefs, so once AGAIN, you're wrong.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 3:31:59 AM

There is a Creator. It doesn't matter what God wants, it matters what you want. You are the choice maker.

No, that is not narcissistic, not even close. If God created us God cares for us, even an idiot would see that.
The kid that got cancer doesn't need God to intervene (for God is in eternity where the kid will end up anyway), the kid needs a dramatic change in lifestyle and immediate detox, cleanup and regeneration with nutrition, cancer doesn't have to kill, it is the ignorance behind the treatment and personal/generational consumption that kills. The body in it's proper condition is amazing, it's always looking for a way to heal itself, we have to aid that.
And no, I worked to attain my family, house and health.

No, cancer is a human problem, not a "devil" problem, it actually has nothing to do with God at all either, nor is it His problem to fix. Cancer is something that can be eliminated by a slight change in lifestyle, and by slight I mean easy in comparison to receiving Chemo and then dying, or just as bad...killing the tumor and having it reappear.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 3:38:51 AM

The kid probably deserved it

Just out of curiousity, why would it be worse that a 8 year old kid gets to live in eternal bliss first? Isn't it worse that the succesful guy has to wait, to get to live in eternal bliss?

The 9 year old kid is lucky he was able to die that soon, and live in eternal bliss.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 3:51:41 AM
At 12/29/2015 3:38:51 AM, Wylted wrote:

Lol, maybe you should stick with answering atheist questions....?
I'm assuming you are being sarcastic here?

Just out of curiousity, why would it be worse that a 8 year old kid gets to live in eternal bliss first? Isn't it worse that the succesful guy has to wait, to get to live in eternal bliss?

The 9 year old kid is lucky he was able to die that soon, and live in eternal bliss.

Well believe it or not the kid has a chance here on this earth, cancer can be eliminated under the right conditions pretty easily. A 9 year old has plenty of a chance in the right care and I don't mean the popular "medical treatment" either, I'm talking regeneration of cells through detox and rebuilding.
But yeah either way, we are just spirit beings caged inside bones, we're going one way or another.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 3:54:53 AM
At 12/29/2015 3:31:59 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

No, cancer is a human problem, not a "devil" problem, it actually has nothing to do with God at all either, nor is it His problem to fix. Cancer is something that can be eliminated by a slight change in lifestyle, and by slight I mean easy in comparison to receiving Chemo and then dying, or just as bad...killing the tumor and having it reappear.

Wow, just, wow. sig change.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 3:56:28 AM

The grim reaper cares about the kid so much that he wants to take him out of the hell hole of Earth and into heaven to live happily ever after. The rest need to wait their turn.
It's best you stay on Earth a while longer before you are allowed to rest in peace.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 3:58:19 AM
At 12/29/2015 3:54:53 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Excellent! maybe someone will learn something that will benefit them :)
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 4:00:43 AM
At 12/29/2015 3:58:19 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 12/29/2015 3:54:53 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Excellent! maybe someone will learn something that will benefit them :)

And let me know if you need a source/link for learning or information! thanks....
fallenalien
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 2:10:17 AM

So you are assuming everyone goes to heaven then? What if the kid was an a**hole or did whatever you guys think earns a ticket to hell? And if you are saying after you die is eternal bliss then why dont we all just kill ourselves now and experience it?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 2:13:53 AM
At 12/31/2015 2:10:17 AM, fallenalien wrote:

So you are assuming everyone goes to heaven then? What if the kid was an a**hole or did whatever you guys think earns a ticket to hell? And if you are saying after you die is eternal bliss then why dont we all just kill ourselves now and experience it?

This is too stupid to even respond to.
fallenalien
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 2:16:18 AM

No, that is not narcissistic, not even close. If God created us God cares for us, even an idiot would see that.

If God created us, God cared for us. How is that definitive? Have you ever created a drawing when you were bored you never cared about? I think an idiot would assume that a creator automatically cares and loves his creation.
fallenalien
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 2:17:30 AM
At 12/31/2015 2:13:53 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/31/2015 2:10:17 AM, fallenalien wrote:

This is too stupid to even respond to.

No its not. Explain how that is stupid? You made it clear that the kid must have recieved eternal life. So explain why and how you know that.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 2:20:07 AM
At 12/31/2015 2:16:18 AM, fallenalien wrote:

If God created us, God cared for us. How is that definitive? Have you ever created a drawing when you were bored you never cared about? I think an idiot would assume that a creator automatically cares and loves his creation.

Then maybe you ought to think hard about what an idiot is....
fallenalien
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 2:22:37 AM
At 12/31/2015 2:20:07 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 12/31/2015 2:16:18 AM, fallenalien wrote:

Then maybe you ought to think hard about what an idiot is....

Okay first two people Ive debated with on this site call my arguements stupid and me an idiot and yet you cant answer my questions. Pretty much what I expected honestly. Answer the question. Is it possible for someone to create something they dont care about? If you answer no that would make you an idiot, because the answer is obviously yes.