Total Posts:115|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Internet Atheists

johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 9:24:40 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 9:20:28 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
Sadly, some so delight in dishonesty, they consider defending it a virtue, and challenging it an affront.

Oh the stupidest and most dishonest, malignant and conceited, atheist has spoken.

And it means nothing.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 9:41:31 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Ruv Don't believe in God,

Decides to spend large portions of his life trying to convince everyone that believing in God is dishonest, Whilst not being able to prove that God doesn't exist. Also fails to recognise how futile his attempts are to change the world, and doesn't admit he has a fascination with God so deep that even believers don't spend as much time talking about Gods existence or non existence, also fails to recognise that belief in God is faith and does not mean one is dishonest as one can not either prove or disprove Gods existence.

In other words he is a malignant, conceited arrogant, dishonest, and pompous, over-reacting windbag.
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 9:45:26 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Identity-atheists are some of the most insufferable people on the internet. Some of them make me want to go old-school Roman Catholic out of spite.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 10:06:35 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 8:59:57 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Don't believe in God, spend huge chunk of their only existence talking about it.



Way to go :)

In much the same way, the three threads on this page started by John, all have the word atheism in the title. Pots and kettles?
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 10:13:56 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 10:06:35 AM, desmac wrote:
At 12/29/2015 8:59:57 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Don't believe in God, spend huge chunk of their only existence talking about it.



Way to go :)

In much the same way, the three threads on this page started by John, all have the word atheism in the title. Pots and kettles?

Not bad, but still no cigar. :)

I spend my time on a religious forum not an anti -religious forums. I don't visit atheist forums trying to convince non-believers to become believers.

Wait, Maybe I should, but then again that would make me feel creepy.

Instead I go where I expect to meet like minds.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 10:17:51 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 9:41:31 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Decides to spend large portions of his life trying to convince everyone that believing in God is dishonest, Whilst not being able to prove that God doesn't exist.
John, I am happy to explain to you or any member why I believe promoting god-belief is dishonest, cruel and unethical, why claims gods exist should in general, be dismissed rather than seeking to verify them, and why such argument is therefore a legitimate. matter to pursue in this forum.

I do not myself think you likely to listen to such an argument or consider it, both because of your habitual malignance toward atheists in general and to me in particular, and your past dishonesty with yourself; but you are welcome to inquire.

If you don't, then that is your prerogative, but to make insulting accusations you cannot support is not inconsistent with the belligerence and dishonesty I have already mentioned.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 10:34:09 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 10:17:51 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/29/2015 9:41:31 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Decides to spend large portions of his life trying to convince everyone that believing in God is dishonest, Whilst not being able to prove that God doesn't exist.
John, I am happy to explain to you or any member why I believe promoting god-belief is dishonest, cruel and unethical, why claims gods exist should in general, be dismissed rather than seeking to verify them, and why such argument is therefore a legitimate. matter to pursue in this forum.

I do not myself think you likely to listen to such an argument or consider it, both because of your habitual malignance toward atheists in general and to me in particular, and your past dishonesty with yourself; but you are welcome to inquire.

If you don't, then that is your prerogative, but to make insulting accusations you cannot support is not inconsistent with the belligerence and dishonesty I have already mentioned.

If you wasn't such a dishonest, and malignant character to begin with then I might listen to what you have to say, but having felt your unsociable interaction first hand, calling me malignant over innocently posting a faulty link, then my estimation of you dropped below zero, and it will stay there, I find you despicable, ill mannered, un-trustworthy, and hysterical.

You are a long winded good for nothing and I have no respect for you, although I offered you the time to be honest you still made dishonest and hurtful claims about my character, and for that I will never trust your judgement and neither will I like you for any foreseeable future.

As for your claims, you are full of crap, I do not dislike atheists, I dislike people like you,

I find Skepticalone conducts himself well, Wylted, Envisage, even Bulproof has more clout than you and many others.

You are the worst,

You are a despicaple human being and I really don't like you.

Now, as for you claims of justifying a dis-belief in God, why not aim for the noble peace prize or some sort of award,

I will tell you why, Because you are full of crap that's why.
tejretics
Posts: 6,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 10:37:18 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Internet theists: believe in God, and spend a whole chunk of there time talking about it.

Believing in God doesn't change whether you can talk about it. Most comic book fans don't believe in Superman's existence. A better analogy - many people against the death penalty talk about it often.

So what?
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 10:45:11 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 10:37:18 AM, tejretics wrote:
Internet theists: believe in God, and spend a whole chunk of there time talking about it.

Believing in God doesn't change whether you can talk about it.

Not sure about that, But then why do atheists talk about God so much

Most comic book fans don't believe in Superman's existence.

I would say all,

A better analogy - many people against the death penalty talk about it often.

Irrelevant

So what?

lol, that's what
tejretics
Posts: 6,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 10:46:15 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 10:45:11 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/29/2015 10:37:18 AM, tejretics wrote:
Internet theists: believe in God, and spend a whole chunk of there time talking about it.

Believing in God doesn't change whether you can talk about it.

Not sure about that, But then why do atheists talk about God so much

Why do theists talk about God a lot? Why do con-DP people talk about the DP so much?
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Philocat
Posts: 728
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 10:50:27 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 10:37:18 AM, tejretics wrote:
Internet theists: believe in God, and spend a whole chunk of there time talking about it.

Believing in God doesn't change whether you can talk about it. Most comic book fans don't believe in Superman's existence. A better analogy - many people against the death penalty talk about it often.

So what?

It's not whether you *can* talk about God, it's whether you have a valid reason for doing so.

One could argue that it is very unproductive to spend so much time discussing a non-existent being. After all, why not spend time discussing leprechauns, witches or mermaids? To the atheist, these are just as non-existent as God.

In regards to the death penalty, people are arguing about whether it is a good or a bad thing. Not whether it exists or not. If the debate was whether God is a good or bad being, then the analogy would be sound.
tejretics
Posts: 6,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 10:51:46 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
@Philocat

Why do scientists debate whether scientific theories are true? Why do scientists try to disprove scientific theories they believe are false?
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Philocat
Posts: 728
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 10:53:19 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 10:51:46 AM, tejretics wrote:
@Philocat

Why do scientists debate whether scientific theories are true? Why do scientists try to disprove scientific theories they believe are false?

It's their job.
tejretics
Posts: 6,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 10:54:32 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 10:53:19 AM, Philocat wrote:
At 12/29/2015 10:51:46 AM, tejretics wrote:
@Philocat

Why do scientists debate whether scientific theories are true? Why do scientists try to disprove scientific theories they believe are false?

It's their job.

And many of them chose the job because they liked it. So IA's like talking about God.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 10:59:56 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 10:34:09 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/29/2015 10:17:51 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/29/2015 9:41:31 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Decides to spend large portions of his life trying to convince everyone that believing in God is dishonest, Whilst not being able to prove that God doesn't exist.
John, I am happy to explain to you or any member why I believe promoting god-belief is dishonest, cruel and unethical, why claims gods exist should in general, be dismissed rather than seeking to verify them, and why such argument is therefore a legitimate. matter to pursue in this forum.

I do not myself think you likely to listen to such an argument or consider it, both because of your habitual malignance toward atheists in general and to me in particular, and your past dishonesty with yourself; but you are welcome to inquire.

If you wasn't such a dishonest, and malignant character to begin with then I might listen to what you have to say,
You are free to ignore anything I say, John, for any reason you wish, but since you don't listen to it, I leave it to you to consider how you can claim honesty or kindness while representing words you ignore, to other members.

Meanwhile, while I owe you no animosity, I believe your regular vilification of atheism warrants response from anyone who finds it misrepresentative or malignant, whether you ignore them or not, and however you may respond.
Philocat
Posts: 728
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 11:00:21 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 10:54:32 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 12/29/2015 10:53:19 AM, Philocat wrote:
At 12/29/2015 10:51:46 AM, tejretics wrote:
@Philocat

Why do scientists debate whether scientific theories are true? Why do scientists try to disprove scientific theories they believe are false?

It's their job.

And many of them chose the job because they liked it. So IA's like talking about God.

I don't doubt that they like doing it (otherwise they wouldn't be doing it), I was doubting whether it is an effective use of their time.
tejretics
Posts: 6,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 11:01:54 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 11:00:21 AM, Philocat wrote:
At 12/29/2015 10:54:32 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 12/29/2015 10:53:19 AM, Philocat wrote:
At 12/29/2015 10:51:46 AM, tejretics wrote:
@Philocat

Why do scientists debate whether scientific theories are true? Why do scientists try to disprove scientific theories they believe are false?

It's their job.

And many of them chose the job because they liked it. So IA's like talking about God.

I don't doubt that they like doing it (otherwise they wouldn't be doing it), I was doubting whether it is an effective use of their time.

Define "effective use of . . . time." Scientists have a job to get money, the money allows them to -- at some level -- gain positive mental states. Enjoyment is a positive mental state, so it is an "effective use of their time."
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 11:02:20 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 10:46:15 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 12/29/2015 10:45:11 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/29/2015 10:37:18 AM, tejretics wrote:
Internet theists: believe in God, and spend a whole chunk of there time talking about it.

Believing in God doesn't change whether you can talk about it.

Not sure about that, But then why do atheists talk about God so much

Why do theists talk about God a lot? Why do con-DP people talk about the DP so much?

Your analogy is bad, People talk about the death penalty a lot because it concerns weather we should have the power to take a human life, regardless of the crime.

I find this irrelevant,

And theists talk about God because they believe God exists. And spend a lot of time doing so, in-fact spanning across all generation and ages. and it won't stop.

Oh wait Ruv can reason the world out of it, if only the world would listen lol
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 11:03:59 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 10:59:56 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/29/2015 10:34:09 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/29/2015 10:17:51 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/29/2015 9:41:31 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Decides to spend large portions of his life trying to convince everyone that believing in God is dishonest, Whilst not being able to prove that God doesn't exist.
John, I am happy to explain to you or any member why I believe promoting god-belief is dishonest, cruel and unethical, why claims gods exist should in general, be dismissed rather than seeking to verify them, and why such argument is therefore a legitimate. matter to pursue in this forum.

I do not myself think you likely to listen to such an argument or consider it, both because of your habitual malignance toward atheists in general and to me in particular, and your past dishonesty with yourself; but you are welcome to inquire.

If you wasn't such a dishonest, and malignant character to begin with then I might listen to what you have to say,
You are free to ignore anything I say, John, for any reason you wish, but since you don't listen to it, I leave it to you to consider how you can claim honesty or kindness while representing words you ignore, to other members.

Meanwhile, while I owe you no animosity, I believe your regular vilification of atheism warrants response from anyone who finds it misrepresentative or malignant, whether you ignore them or not, and however you may respond.

Whatever, you are still a malignant, conceited, pompous, dishonest, and ill-mannered, hysterical wind bag.

And you know it.
tejretics
Posts: 6,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 11:04:50 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
@Johnlubba

Atheists talk about God because they like doing it.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 11:16:38 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 11:03:59 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/29/2015 10:59:56 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/29/2015 10:34:09 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/29/2015 10:17:51 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/29/2015 9:41:31 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Decides to spend large portions of his life trying to convince everyone that believing in God is dishonest, Whilst not being able to prove that God doesn't exist.
John, I am happy to explain to you or any member why I believe promoting god-belief is dishonest, cruel and unethical, why claims gods exist should in general, be dismissed rather than seeking to verify them, and why such argument is therefore a legitimate. matter to pursue in this forum.

I do not myself think you likely to listen to such an argument or consider it, both because of your habitual malignance toward atheists in general and to me in particular, and your past dishonesty with yourself; but you are welcome to inquire.

If you wasn't such a dishonest, and malignant character to begin with then I might listen to what you have to say,
You are free to ignore anything I say, John, for any reason you wish, but since you don't listen to it, I leave it to you to consider how you can claim honesty or kindness while representing words you ignore, to other members.

Meanwhile, while I owe you no animosity, I believe your regular vilification of atheism warrants response from anyone who finds it misrepresentative or malignant, whether you ignore them or not, and however you may respond.

Whatever, you are still a malignant, conceited, pompous, dishonest, and ill-mannered, hysterical wind bag.
Because you cannot cope with hearing that you have acted badly? Because anyone critical of your behaviour must wish you harm?

What strength in religion if it can only make a coward? What wisdom in it if it leaves you too scared to self-examine?
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 11:32:17 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 11:16:38 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/29/2015 11:03:59 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/29/2015 10:59:56 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/29/2015 10:34:09 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 12/29/2015 10:17:51 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/29/2015 9:41:31 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Decides to spend large portions of his life trying to convince everyone that believing in God is dishonest, Whilst not being able to prove that God doesn't exist.
John, I am happy to explain to you or any member why I believe promoting god-belief is dishonest, cruel and unethical, why claims gods exist should in general, be dismissed rather than seeking to verify them, and why such argument is therefore a legitimate. matter to pursue in this forum.

I do not myself think you likely to listen to such an argument or consider it, both because of your habitual malignance toward atheists in general and to me in particular, and your past dishonesty with yourself; but you are welcome to inquire.

If you wasn't such a dishonest, and malignant character to begin with then I might listen to what you have to say,
You are free to ignore anything I say, John, for any reason you wish, but since you don't listen to it, I leave it to you to consider how you can claim honesty or kindness while representing words you ignore, to other members.

Meanwhile, while I owe you no animosity, I believe your regular vilification of atheism warrants response from anyone who finds it misrepresentative or malignant, whether you ignore them or not, and however you may respond.

Whatever, you are still a malignant, conceited, pompous, dishonest, and ill-mannered, hysterical wind bag.
Because you cannot cope with hearing that you have acted badly? Because anyone critical of your behaviour must wish you harm?

What strength in religion if it can only make a coward? What wisdom in it if it leaves you too scared to self-examine?

No, you are an idiot for accusing someone of being malignant for posting a link they failed to see was from a satirical web site, for someone who seems to have a vast vocabulary, you really aren't that smart, And you need to learn the meaning of malignant, you vile and despicable human being. Not mention all the other crap you spouted,

I'll tell you what, I think I should ignore your crap from here on, but I will wait patiently for you to hit the headlines for producing the best argument against dis-belief in God.

Here is the cruncher,

I won't hold my breath. Why?

Because I know you are full of pig shite.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 11:55:15 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 9:45:26 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
Identity-atheists are some of the most insufferable people on the internet. Some of them make me want to go old-school Roman Catholic out of spite.

So true, those idiots embarrass me.
Philocat
Posts: 728
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 12:27:33 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 11:01:54 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 12/29/2015 11:00:21 AM, Philocat wrote:
At 12/29/2015 10:54:32 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 12/29/2015 10:53:19 AM, Philocat wrote:
At 12/29/2015 10:51:46 AM, tejretics wrote:
@Philocat

Why do scientists debate whether scientific theories are true? Why do scientists try to disprove scientific theories they believe are false?

It's their job.

And many of them chose the job because they liked it. So IA's like talking about God.

I don't doubt that they like doing it (otherwise they wouldn't be doing it), I was doubting whether it is an effective use of their time.

Define "effective use of . . . time." Scientists have a job to get money, the money allows them to -- at some level -- gain positive mental states. Enjoyment is a positive mental state, so it is an "effective use of their time."

Obviously it's a good use of time for scientists because they get paid to do it. I was mainly referring to the atheists you see in YouTube comment sections b1tching about religion and trying to argue that God doesn't exist. How does this help anyone? More to the point, what do they get out of it?
bulproof
Posts: 25,218
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 12:55:00 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Interesting!
I don't argue about gods, I argue about the claims made by theists regarding the gods they claim exist.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Iredia
Posts: 1,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 2:36:41 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 9:20:28 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
Sadly, some so delight in dishonesty, they consider defending it a virtue, and challenging it an affront.

When the Bible urges one to tell the truth ?

Tut tut tut. This is a pity. If I as a Christian say believe in God (not Jesus) and there is hope for an atheist then there are 3 things involved:

1) The level of grace has been increased so deists can go to heaven or at least paradise in hell.

2) Hell gets hotter

3) I'm not being biased like the atheist. I allow for other theists and deists to have a good afterlife.

I'll end with a quote from Solomon and Agur

Proverbs 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: 6:17 A proud look,

Some atheists are proud

a lying tongue,

Sern atheists argue that lying is okay

and hands that shed innocent blood,

Atheists can kill and atheists kill.

6:18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations,

Has Ruv thought of something he knew was wrong in his brain.

feet that be swift in running to mischief,

working to cause trouble

6:19 A false witness that speaketh lies,

again, lies

and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Like the lots of chaos atheists have caused to families by making atheists out of former believers and worse yet trying to separate such kids from their parents to further their beliefs.

From Agur

Proverbs 30:7 Two things have I required of thee; deny me them not before I die:

I made the same prayer and God has helped.

30:8 Remove far from me vanity and lies:

I'm simple by nature and the fight against lying is a work in progress though of recent I rarely do.

give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:

Anyone should be content with this.

30:9 Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD?

Like atheists huh ? Though some Christians do it attimes.

or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.

Like Christian thieves.
Porn babes be distracting me. Dudes be stealing me stuff. I'm all about the cash from now. I'm not playing Jesus anymore.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 2:41:56 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 9:45:26 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
Identity-atheists are some of the most insufferable people on the internet. Some of them make me want to go old-school Roman Catholic out of spite.

I just love the way Christians show their God's universal love of humankind.