Total Posts:94|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

question to the jw's in here..

graceofgod
Posts: 5,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 5:33:40 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Is the 144000 just for jehovas witnesses...??

is paradise earth just for jw's???

if either is no, what must anyone else do to get to be in either the 144000 or eligible to be on paradise earth???
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 12:12:25 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 5:33:40 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Is the 144000 just for jehovas witnesses...??
http://wol.jw.org...

is paradise earth just for jw's???
https://www.jw.org...

if either is no, what must anyone else do to get to be in either the 144000 or eligible to be on paradise earth???
Reference above links.

I am not a JW, so I will provide you with JW literature on the topics off their website.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
graceofgod
Posts: 5,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 5:38:46 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 12:12:25 AM, tstor wrote:
At 12/29/2015 5:33:40 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Is the 144000 just for jehovas witnesses...??
http://wol.jw.org...

is paradise earth just for jw's???
https://www.jw.org...

if either is no, what must anyone else do to get to be in either the 144000 or eligible to be on paradise earth???
Reference above links.

I am not a JW, so I will provide you with JW literature on the topics off their website.

i would like the actual opinion of a jw as the .org source is likely to change..lol
Joshua_Verum
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 5:46:06 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 5:33:40 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Is the 144000 just for jehovas witnesses...??

is paradise earth just for jw's???

if either is no, what must anyone else do to get to be in either the 144000 or eligible to be on paradise earth???

The 144,000 are anointed by Jehovah to co-rule with Jesus in Heaven. ( Not that he needs anyone to help him in my opinion )

Paradise earth is for everyone who has a good heart and wants to live in a world of peace and love ruled by a righteous creator / government.. You don't have to be a Jehovah's Witnesses to enter jehovah's new world.. However it certainly helps since they teach us how to please Jehovah..
(Matthew 24:14:) And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

The Kingdom message is reaching all corners of the globe. In 2010 alone, Jehovah"s Witnesses spent over 1.6 billion hours proclaiming this good news in 236 lands. Over the past decade, they have produced and distributed more than 20 billion items of literature.

https://www.jw.org...
Joshua_Verum
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 5:48:27 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Oh and by the way anointed people aren't some special people who're better than everyone else.. They are slaves of the people.
(Matthew 24:14:) And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

The Kingdom message is reaching all corners of the globe. In 2010 alone, Jehovah"s Witnesses spent over 1.6 billion hours proclaiming this good news in 236 lands. Over the past decade, they have produced and distributed more than 20 billion items of literature.

https://www.jw.org...
graceofgod
Posts: 5,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 5:52:01 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 5:46:06 PM, Joshua_Verum wrote:
At 12/29/2015 5:33:40 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Is the 144000 just for jehovas witnesses...??

is paradise earth just for jw's???

if either is no, what must anyone else do to get to be in either the 144000 or eligible to be on paradise earth???

The 144,000 are anointed by Jehovah to co-rule with Jesus in Heaven. ( Not that he needs anyone to help him in my opinion )

Paradise earth is for everyone who has a good heart and wants to live in a world of peace and love ruled by a righteous creator / government.. You don't have to be a Jehovah's Witnesses to enter jehovah's new world.. However it certainly helps since they teach us how to please Jehovah..

co rule with michael you mean, why do jw's use the name of Jesus when they mean michael..

so if you do not have to be a jw to get in to paradise earth just have a good heart do you not have to believe at all and why do jw's try to convert Christians..

the 144000 are they jw's only??/
graceofgod
Posts: 5,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 5:53:05 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 5:48:27 PM, Joshua_Verum wrote:
Oh and by the way anointed people aren't some special people who're better than everyone else.. They are slaves of the people.

but they get to be in heaven with God and rule over those on the earth don't they, so what do they do to be in this higher position??/
Joshua_Verum
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 6:03:51 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 5:52:01 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 12/30/2015 5:46:06 PM, Joshua_Verum wrote:
At 12/29/2015 5:33:40 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Is the 144000 just for jehovas witnesses...??

is paradise earth just for jw's???

if either is no, what must anyone else do to get to be in either the 144000 or eligible to be on paradise earth???

The 144,000 are anointed by Jehovah to co-rule with Jesus in Heaven. ( Not that he needs anyone to help him in my opinion )

Paradise earth is for everyone who has a good heart and wants to live in a world of peace and love ruled by a righteous creator / government.. You don't have to be a Jehovah's Witnesses to enter jehovah's new world.. However it certainly helps since they teach us how to please Jehovah..

co rule with michael you mean, why do jw's use the name of Jesus when they mean michael..

"It is important to note that the human birth of Jesus was not the beginning of his life. Before Jesus was born, Mary was visited by an angel who told her that she would conceive a child by means of holy spirit and that she should name the child Jesus. (Luke 1:31) During his ministry, Jesus often spoke of his prehuman existence."John 3:13; 8:23, 58.

So Michael the archangel is Jesus in his prehuman existence. After his resurrection and return to heaven, Jesus resumed his service as Michael, the chief angel, "to the glory of God the Father.""Philippians 2:11."

I don't understand it fully but that's the explanation.


so if you do not have to be a jw to get in to paradise earth just have a good heart do you not have to believe at all and why do jw's try to convert Christians..

The reason why JW's preach is to awaken people to the evil world we live in and provide hope for the future. Having a good heart is a major thing.. However we still must try and live decent moral lives.. The Jehovah's Witnesses teach us how to do that.


the 144000 are they jw's only??/

Not sure about that. The anointed are made up of men and women from various backgrounds.
(Matthew 24:14:) And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

The Kingdom message is reaching all corners of the globe. In 2010 alone, Jehovah"s Witnesses spent over 1.6 billion hours proclaiming this good news in 236 lands. Over the past decade, they have produced and distributed more than 20 billion items of literature.

https://www.jw.org...
graceofgod
Posts: 5,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 6:09:30 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 6:03:51 PM, Joshua_Verum wrote:
At 12/30/2015 5:52:01 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 12/30/2015 5:46:06 PM, Joshua_Verum wrote:
At 12/29/2015 5:33:40 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Is the 144000 just for jehovas witnesses...??

is paradise earth just for jw's???

if either is no, what must anyone else do to get to be in either the 144000 or eligible to be on paradise earth???

The 144,000 are anointed by Jehovah to co-rule with Jesus in Heaven. ( Not that he needs anyone to help him in my opinion )

Paradise earth is for everyone who has a good heart and wants to live in a world of peace and love ruled by a righteous creator / government.. You don't have to be a Jehovah's Witnesses to enter jehovah's new world.. However it certainly helps since they teach us how to please Jehovah..

co rule with michael you mean, why do jw's use the name of Jesus when they mean michael..

"It is important to note that the human birth of Jesus was not the beginning of his life. Before Jesus was born, Mary was visited by an angel who told her that she would conceive a child by means of holy spirit and that she should name the child Jesus. (Luke 1:31) During his ministry, Jesus often spoke of his prehuman existence."John 3:13; 8:23, 58.

So Michael the archangel is Jesus in his prehuman existence. After his resurrection and return to heaven, Jesus resumed his service as Michael, the chief angel, "to the glory of God the Father.""Philippians 2:11."

I don't understand it fully but that's the explanation.


so if you do not have to be a jw to get in to paradise earth just have a good heart do you not have to believe at all and why do jw's try to convert Christians..

The reason why JW's preach is to awaken people to the evil world we live in and provide hope for the future. Having a good heart is a major thing.. However we still must try and live decent moral lives.. The Jehovah's Witnesses teach us how to do that.


the 144000 are they jw's only??/

Not sure about that. The anointed are made up of men and women from various backgrounds.

scripture doe not support michael possessing the body of Jesus at all..

but if they are Christians they would be savedm so what is the point of jw's trying to convert Christians, what could the jw's offer that Christians do not have??
Joshua_Verum
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 6:19:17 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
What could the jw's offer that Christians do not have??

The Truth... https://www.jw.org...
(Matthew 24:14:) And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

The Kingdom message is reaching all corners of the globe. In 2010 alone, Jehovah"s Witnesses spent over 1.6 billion hours proclaiming this good news in 236 lands. Over the past decade, they have produced and distributed more than 20 billion items of literature.

https://www.jw.org...
graceofgod
Posts: 5,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 6:25:03 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 6:19:17 PM, Joshua_Verum wrote:
What could the jw's offer that Christians do not have??

The Truth... https://www.jw.org...

but any of that is likely to change it always does...

what truth don't christians have??
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 8:08:32 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 6:25:03 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 12/30/2015 6:19:17 PM, Joshua_Verum wrote:
What could the jw's offer that Christians do not have??

The Truth... https://www.jw.org...

but any of that is likely to change it always does...

what truth don't christians have??

Truth never changes, however our ability to understand it does, and progresses at exactly the rate Jehovah requires it to progress, since his is directing his son to teach us.

It is like I always say, the JWs certainly do not have the whole truth. However they do have considerably more of it than anyone else, and they have all that Jehovah wants known at present.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 8:21:55 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 5:33:40 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Is the 144000 just for jehovas witnesses...??

Effectively, yes, because all who have ever borne witness to Jehovah and his son are Jehovah's Witnesses by default, and that includes Christ himself (Revelation 3:14).


is paradise earth just for jw's???

In effect, yes, because only those doing the will of Jehovah will prove acceptable to Christ when the time comes, as he himself said (Matthew 7:21-23).


if either is no, what must anyone else do to get to be in either the 144000 or eligible to be on paradise earth???

As Christ said, you have to do the will of his father, Jehovah, and there is only one group doing that, and can only be, since Jehovah has only ever had one channel, one earthly organisation.

If you do the will of Christ's father, then you are a JW working with JWs to that end.

Jehovah's demands of us are not great, though they are hard to achieve in this current system of things.

However, as he explained to Adam, and Jesus later expanded on, everything he requires of us is covered by two commandments:

Deuteronomy 6:5American Standard Version (ASV)
5 and thou shalt love Jehovah thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Leviticus 19:18American Standard Version (ASV)
18 Thou shalt not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people; but thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself: I am Jehovah.

Luke 10:26-30American Standard Version (ASV)
26 And he said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself.

That's all Jehovah really asks long term, but for now he asks us to do so by unitedly teaching others of the hope he offers.

After all, you can do no greater good, nor show greater love for your neighbour than to show him the way to eternal life in Paradise on earth.
graceofgod
Posts: 5,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 3:24:34 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 8:08:32 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/30/2015 6:25:03 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 12/30/2015 6:19:17 PM, Joshua_Verum wrote:
What could the jw's offer that Christians do not have??

The Truth... https://www.jw.org...

but any of that is likely to change it always does...

what truth don't christians have??

Truth never changes, however our ability to understand it does, and progresses at exactly the rate Jehovah requires it to progress, since his is directing his son to teach us.

It is like I always say, the JWs certainly do not have the whole truth. However they do have considerably more of it than anyone else, and they have all that Jehovah wants known at present.

you are quite right truth never changes again that proves that the jw's do not have the truth!!
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 3:26:17 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
No one has the TRUTH where religion is concerned, they are all human inventions, some more nasty than others!
graceofgod
Posts: 5,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 3:35:26 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 8:21:55 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/29/2015 5:33:40 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Is the 144000 just for jehovas witnesses...??

Effectively, yes, because all who have ever borne witness to Jehovah and his son are Jehovah's Witnesses by default, and that includes Christ himself (Revelation 3:14).

by christ you mean michael, i wish you jw's would say what you mean instead of cover your own lies1!!!

so the jw's think Jesus was a jw, when did the kingdom halls start again, I forget??
so all the great princes of the bible did not do enough for God to be in heaven with him but the jw's did?? interesting..

is paradise earth just for jw's???

In effect, yes, because only those doing the will of Jehovah will prove acceptable to Christ when the time comes, as he himself said (Matthew 7:21-23).

again acceptable to christ you mean michael, why this double language is it because if you kept saying michael instead of Jesus or Christ everyone would see the jw's for the cult they are??

so the 144000 are jw's those on paradise earth are jw's, so you believe everyone but the jw's will not be saved... wonder why they never say that, I can see why they think they have to convert real Christians even though the jw's have nothing to offer real Christians...


if either is no, what must anyone else do to get to be in either the 144000 or eligible to be on paradise earth???

As Christ said, you have to do the will of his father, Jehovah, and there is only one group doing that, and can only be, since Jehovah has only ever had one channel, one earthly organisation.
by christ you mean michael of course, so the word of on angel is more important than God's word to the jw's..

If you do the will of Christ's father, then you are a JW working with JWs to that end.

michael's father you mean, so michael the angel was the begotten son?? are angels normally begotten??

Jehovah's demands of us are not great, though they are hard to achieve in this current system of things.

or Jahweh is the jw's admitted would be a more correct name to be used, wonder why we don't see yahweh's witnesses..??

However, as he explained to Adam, and Jesus later expanded on, everything he requires of us is covered by two commandments:

explained to adam and michael, let's try to keep your lies straight...

Deuteronomy 6:5American Standard Version (ASV)
5 and thou shalt love Jehovah thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

yahweh but you were close..

Leviticus 19:18American Standard Version (ASV)
18 Thou shalt not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people; but thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself: I am Jehovah.

Luke 10:26-30American Standard Version (ASV)
26 And he said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself.

That's all Jehovah really asks long term, but for now he asks us to do so by unitedly teaching others of the hope he offers.

jahweh use the correct name..

After all, you can do no greater good, nor show greater love for your neighbour than to show him the way to eternal life in Paradise on earth.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 6:34:53 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/1/2016 3:35:26 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 12/30/2015 8:21:55 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/29/2015 5:33:40 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Is the 144000 just for jehovas witnesses...??

Effectively, yes, because all who have ever borne witness to Jehovah and his son are Jehovah's Witnesses by default, and that includes Christ himself (Revelation 3:14).

by christ you mean michael, i wish you jw's would say what you mean instead of cover your own lies1!!!

so the jw's think Jesus was a jw, when did the kingdom halls start again, I forget??
so all the great princes of the bible did not do enough for God to be in heaven with him but the jw's did?? interesting..

is paradise earth just for jw's???

In effect, yes, because only those doing the will of Jehovah will prove acceptable to Christ when the time comes, as he himself said (Matthew 7:21-23).

again acceptable to christ you mean michael, why this double language is it because if you kept saying michael instead of Jesus or Christ everyone would see the jw's for the cult they are??

so the 144000 are jw's those on paradise earth are jw's, so you believe everyone but the jw's will not be saved... wonder why they never say that, I can see why they think they have to convert real Christians even though the jw's have nothing to offer real Christians...


if either is no, what must anyone else do to get to be in either the 144000 or eligible to be on paradise earth???

As Christ said, you have to do the will of his father, Jehovah, and there is only one group doing that, and can only be, since Jehovah has only ever had one channel, one earthly organisation.
by christ you mean michael of course, so the word of on angel is more important than God's word to the jw's..

If you do the will of Christ's father, then you are a JW working with JWs to that end.

michael's father you mean, so michael the angel was the begotten son?? are angels normally begotten??

Jehovah's demands of us are not great, though they are hard to achieve in this current system of things.

or Jahweh is the jw's admitted would be a more correct name to be used, wonder why we don't see yahweh's witnesses..??

Actually the JWs admitted that Yahweh could be the more accurate version because it is after all the Hebrew guess.

It seems it is you who cannot get even that right, lol.


However, as he explained to Adam, and Jesus later expanded on, everything he requires of us is covered by two commandments:

explained to adam and michael, let's try to keep your lies straight...

No, I mean explained to Adam. It was Michael who did the explaining and, as Jesus, he reminded us. What I said was perfectly straight forward.

I don't tell lies. I leave that to such as you, whether or not you realise you are doing so.


Deuteronomy 6:5American Standard Version (ASV)
5 and thou shalt love Jehovah thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

yahweh but you were close..

Wrong. See below.


Leviticus 19:18American Standard Version (ASV)
18 Thou shalt not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people; but thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself: I am Jehovah.

Luke 10:26-30American Standard Version (ASV)
26 And he said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself.

That's all Jehovah really asks long term, but for now he asks us to do so by unitedly teaching others of the hope he offers.

jahweh use the correct name.. Wrong again.

The correct name was hidden from man's knowing since the Apostasy tok hold at the end of the 1st century.

Now the "best guess" depends on your language as you can see from the list of 99 languages.

There are two problems in play here.

1: We do not know the correct vowel sounds

2: UNtil more recent centuries written language was not settled on which consonants to use. I, J and Y were seen as interchangeable, as were W and V. It took quite a few centuries for each language to standardise. Hence the divine name is different in different languages.

In English the accepted version is Jehovah, in Hebrew it is Yahweh.

LIST OF 99 LANGUAGES THAT USE A VERNACULAR FORM OF THE TETRAGRAMMATON IN THE NEW TESTAMENT
CHIHOWA: Choctaw
I"HVE: Portuguese
IEHOUA: Mer
IEHOVA: Gilbertese; Hawaiian; Hiri Motu; Kerewo; Kiwai; Marquesas; Motu; Panaieti (Misima); Rarotongan; Tahitian; Toaripi
IEHOVAN: Saibai
IEOVA: Kuanua; Wedau
IHOVA: Aneityum
IHVH: French
IOVA: Malekula (Kuliviu); Malekula (Pangkumu); Malekula (Uripiv)
JAHOWA: Batak-Toba
JAHU": Chacobo
JAKWE: (Ki)Sukuma
JAHVE: Hungarian
JEHOBA: Kipsigis; Mentawai
JEHOFA: Tswana
JEHOVA: Croatian; German; K"l" (Gabon); Lele (Manus Island); Nandi; Nauruan; Nukuoro
JEHOV": Spanish
JEH"VA: Fang; Tsimihety
JEHOVAH: Dutch; Efik; English; Kalenjin; Malagasy; Narrinyeri; Ojibwa
JEOVA: Kusaie (Kosraean)
JIHOVA: Naga (Angami); Naga (Konyak); Naga (Lotha); Naga (Mao); Naga (Ntenyi); Naga (Sangtam); Rotuman
JIOUA: Mortlock
JIOVA: Fijian
JIWHEY?WHE: Gu (Alada)
SIHOVA: Tongan
UYEHOVA: Zulu
YAHOWA: Thai
YAHVE: Ila
YAVE: Kongo
YAWE: Bobangi; Bolia; Dholuo; Lingala; Mongo (Lolo); (Lo)Ngandu; (Lo)Ntumba; (Ke)Sengele
YEH"A: Awabakal
YEHOFA: Southern Sotho
YEHOVA: Chokwe; Chuana (Tlapi); (Ki)Kalanga; Logo; Luba; Lugbara; (Chi)Luimbi; (Chi)Lunda (Ndembu); (Chi)Luvale; Santo (Hog Harbor); Tiv; Umbundu; (Isi)Xhosa
YEHOVAH: Bube; Mohawk; Nguna (Efate); Nguna (Tongoa)
YEHOWA: Ga; Laotian; (Ki)Songe; Tshiluba
YEKOVA: Zande
YEOBA: Kuba (Inkongo)
YEOHOWA: Korean
YHWH: Hebrew
YOWO: Lomwe
ZAHOVA: Chin (Haka-Lai)

Ironically not one language uses the version you claim, lol.

The only thing we know for sure is that the Tetragrammaton is 4 Hebrew characters Yod Ho Waw Ho.

However Jehovah knows what we are up against and will accept our best guess at his name.

No doubt at Armageddon, or soon after, we will find out what the name really should be.

I look forward to that extra knowledge.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 6:35:26 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/1/2016 3:26:17 PM, JJ50 wrote:
No one has the TRUTH where religion is concerned, they are all human inventions, some more nasty than others!

Wrong again, as always.
graceofgod
Posts: 5,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 10:24:00 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/1/2016 6:34:53 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2016 3:35:26 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 12/30/2015 8:21:55 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/29/2015 5:33:40 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Is the 144000 just for jehovas witnesses...??

Effectively, yes, because all who have ever borne witness to Jehovah and his son are Jehovah's Witnesses by default, and that includes Christ himself (Revelation 3:14).

by christ you mean michael, i wish you jw's would say what you mean instead of cover your own lies1!!!

so the jw's think Jesus was a jw, when did the kingdom halls start again, I forget??
so all the great princes of the bible did not do enough for God to be in heaven with him but the jw's did?? interesting..

is paradise earth just for jw's???

In effect, yes, because only those doing the will of Jehovah will prove acceptable to Christ when the time comes, as he himself said (Matthew 7:21-23).

again acceptable to christ you mean michael, why this double language is it because if you kept saying michael instead of Jesus or Christ everyone would see the jw's for the cult they are??

so the 144000 are jw's those on paradise earth are jw's, so you believe everyone but the jw's will not be saved... wonder why they never say that, I can see why they think they have to convert real Christians even though the jw's have nothing to offer real Christians...


if either is no, what must anyone else do to get to be in either the 144000 or eligible to be on paradise earth???

As Christ said, you have to do the will of his father, Jehovah, and there is only one group doing that, and can only be, since Jehovah has only ever had one channel, one earthly organisation.
by christ you mean michael of course, so the word of on angel is more important than God's word to the jw's..

If you do the will of Christ's father, then you are a JW working with JWs to that end.

michael's father you mean, so michael the angel was the begotten son?? are angels normally begotten??

Jehovah's demands of us are not great, though they are hard to achieve in this current system of things.

or Jahweh is the jw's admitted would be a more correct name to be used, wonder why we don't see yahweh's witnesses..??

Actually the JWs admitted that Yahweh could be the more accurate version because it is after all the Hebrew guess.

It seems it is you who cannot get even that right, lol.


However, as he explained to Adam, and Jesus later expanded on, everything he requires of us is covered by two commandments:

explained to adam and michael, let's try to keep your lies straight...

No, I mean explained to Adam. It was Michael who did the explaining and, as Jesus, he reminded us. What I said was perfectly straight forward.

I don't tell lies. I leave that to such as you, whether or not you realise you are doing so.


Deuteronomy 6:5American Standard Version (ASV)
5 and thou shalt love Jehovah thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

yahweh but you were close..

Wrong. See below.


Leviticus 19:18American Standard Version (ASV)
18 Thou shalt not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people; but thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself: I am Jehovah.

Luke 10:26-30American Standard Version (ASV)
26 And he said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself.

That's all Jehovah really asks long term, but for now he asks us to do so by unitedly teaching others of the hope he offers.

jahweh use the correct name.. Wrong again.

The correct name was hidden from man's knowing since the Apostasy tok hold at the end of the 1st century.

Now the "best guess" depends on your language as you can see from the list of 99 languages.

There are two problems in play here.

1: We do not know the correct vowel sounds

2: UNtil more recent centuries written language was not settled on which consonants to use. I, J and Y were seen as interchangeable, as were W and V. It took quite a few centuries for each language to standardise. Hence the divine name is different in different languages.

In English the accepted version is Jehovah, in Hebrew it is Yahweh.

LIST OF 99 LANGUAGES THAT USE A VERNACULAR FORM OF THE TETRAGRAMMATON IN THE NEW TESTAMENT
CHIHOWA: Choctaw
I"HVE: Portuguese
IEHOUA: Mer
IEHOVA: Gilbertese; Hawaiian; Hiri Motu; Kerewo; Kiwai; Marquesas; Motu; Panaieti (Misima); Rarotongan; Tahitian; Toaripi
IEHOVAN: Saibai
IEOVA: Kuanua; Wedau
IHOVA: Aneityum
IHVH: French
IOVA: Malekula (Kuliviu); Malekula (Pangkumu); Malekula (Uripiv)
JAHOWA: Batak-Toba
JAHU": Chacobo
JAKWE: (Ki)Sukuma
JAHVE: Hungarian
JEHOBA: Kipsigis; Mentawai
JEHOFA: Tswana
JEHOVA: Croatian; German; K"l" (Gabon); Lele (Manus Island); Nandi; Nauruan; Nukuoro
JEHOV": Spanish
JEH"VA: Fang; Tsimihety
JEHOVAH: Dutch; Efik; English; Kalenjin; Malagasy; Narrinyeri; Ojibwa
JEOVA: Kusaie (Kosraean)
JIHOVA: Naga (Angami); Naga (Konyak); Naga (Lotha); Naga (Mao); Naga (Ntenyi); Naga (Sangtam); Rotuman
JIOUA: Mortlock
JIOVA: Fijian
JIWHEY?WHE: Gu (Alada)
SIHOVA: Tongan
UYEHOVA: Zulu
YAHOWA: Thai
YAHVE: Ila
YAVE: Kongo
YAWE: Bobangi; Bolia; Dholuo; Lingala; Mongo (Lolo); (Lo)Ngandu; (Lo)Ntumba; (Ke)Sengele
YEH"A: Awabakal
YEHOFA: Southern Sotho
YEHOVA: Chokwe; Chuana (Tlapi); (Ki)Kalanga; Logo; Luba; Lugbara; (Chi)Luimbi; (Chi)Lunda (Ndembu); (Chi)Luvale; Santo (Hog Harbor); Tiv; Umbundu; (Isi)Xhosa
YEHOVAH: Bube; Mohawk; Nguna (Efate); Nguna (Tongoa)
YEHOWA: Ga; Laotian; (Ki)Songe; Tshiluba
YEKOVA: Zande
YEOBA: Kuba (Inkongo)
YEOHOWA: Korean
YHWH: Hebrew
YOWO: Lomwe
ZAHOVA: Chin (Haka-Lai)


Ironically not one language uses the version you claim, lol.

The only thing we know for sure is that the Tetragrammaton is 4 Hebrew characters Yod Ho Waw Ho.

However Jehovah knows what we are up against and will accept our best guess at his name.

No doubt at Armageddon, or soon after, we will find out what the name really should be.

I look forward to that extra knowledge.

the jw's did admit Yahweh was a better and more accurate name so why don't we have yahweh witnesses? that was my question...lol

when did michael speak to adam??
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 11:16:20 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/1/2016 10:24:00 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 1/1/2016 6:34:53 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:


I look forward to that extra knowledge.

the jw's did admit Yahweh was a better and more accurate name so why don't we have yahweh witnesses? that was my question...lol

Yes I have agreed that they did, but Yahweh is the Hebrew version. The English translation has been accepted as Jehovah for far more years than the JWs have existed.

It is one of few areas where they have bowed to the common misconception.

The other is in allowing themselves to be called Christian, a name which in the 1st century was only ever used by opposers, and which is why James had to encourage the brothers not to be afraid to preach God under that name.

There is not one record in scripture of an Apostle calling the brothers Christians, in fact the name only appears in scripture on three occasions. First when it was noted that they had been called it first of all in Antioch, next when it was used disparagingly by an opposer and the third time when having to encourage the brothers not to worry what they were called but to preach God all the same.


when did michael speak to adam??

From the moment he became the Word, Jehovah's spokesman, which presumably be when Jehovah needed a spokesman because he ceased being able to deal with anything as unholy as humanity became directly.

From that moment on Jehovah's only begotten son spoke for his father.

Incidentally another thing which disproves the Trinity is that Christ is a mediator between God and men.

If Christ were equal to God we would need a mediator with him also, and we do not.
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 11:35:32 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/1/2016 11:16:20 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2016 10:24:00 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 1/1/2016 6:34:53 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:


I look forward to that extra knowledge.

the jw's did admit Yahweh was a better and more accurate name so why don't we have yahweh witnesses? that was my question...lol

Yes I have agreed that they did, but Yahweh is the Hebrew version. The English translation has been accepted as Jehovah for far more years than the JWs have existed.

It is one of few areas where they have bowed to the common misconception.

The other is in allowing themselves to be called Christian, a name which in the 1st century was only ever used by opposers, and which is why James had to encourage the brothers not to be afraid to preach God under that name.

James never said a word about it, as far as we know. It looks as if a fella with some that special, one-on-one, direct Holy Spirit guidance who claims to have knowledge of the "deep things of God" would not succumb to such errors.

There is not one record in scripture of an Apostle calling the brothers Christians, in fact the name only appears in scripture on three occasions. First when it was noted that they had been called it first of all in Antioch, next when it was used disparagingly by an opposer and the third time when having to encourage the brothers not to worry what they were called but to preach God all the same.

None of the above is correct.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 12:05:40 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/1/2016 11:35:32 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 1/1/2016 11:16:20 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2016 10:24:00 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 1/1/2016 6:34:53 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:


I look forward to that extra knowledge.

the jw's did admit Yahweh was a better and more accurate name so why don't we have yahweh witnesses? that was my question...lol

Yes I have agreed that they did, but Yahweh is the Hebrew version. The English translation has been accepted as Jehovah for far more years than the JWs have existed.

It is one of few areas where they have bowed to the common misconception.

The other is in allowing themselves to be called Christian, a name which in the 1st century was only ever used by opposers, and which is why James had to encourage the brothers not to be afraid to preach God under that name.

James never said a word about it, as far as we know. It looks as if a fella with some that special, one-on-one, direct Holy Spirit guidance who claims to have knowledge of the "deep things of God" would not succumb to such errors.

I never was very good with names, but of course it was Peter, not James.

1 Peter 4:16 American Standard Version (ASV) 16 but if a man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God in this name.

However it was only the name I got mixed up, the rest of the statement was factual.


There is not one record in scripture of an Apostle calling the brothers Christians, in fact the name only appears in scripture on three occasions. First when it was noted that they had been called it first of all in Antioch, next when it was used disparagingly by an opposer and the third time when having to encourage the brothers not to worry what they were called but to preach God all the same.

None of the above is correct.

All of the above is correct, as you well know because we have discussed this at great length more than once.

Three mentions of the name Christian in scripture. The words of Peter, not James, quoted above.

Acts 11:26 King James Version (KJV) 26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Acts 26:28 American Standard Version (ASV) 28 And Agrippa said unto Paul, With but little persuasion thou wouldest fain make me a Christian.

Those are the only mentions of Christian(s) in scripture, there is not one where an Apostle calls the brothers Christians.

But as you prove once again honesty is not exactly your strong point is it. You know the truth of that as well as I do after all our discussion
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 12:44:15 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 12:05:40 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2016 11:35:32 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 1/1/2016 11:16:20 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2016 10:24:00 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 1/1/2016 6:34:53 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:


I look forward to that extra knowledge.

the jw's did admit Yahweh was a better and more accurate name so why don't we have yahweh witnesses? that was my question...lol

Yes I have agreed that they did, but Yahweh is the Hebrew version. The English translation has been accepted as Jehovah for far more years than the JWs have existed.

It is one of few areas where they have bowed to the common misconception.

The other is in allowing themselves to be called Christian, a name which in the 1st century was only ever used by opposers, and which is why James had to encourage the brothers not to be afraid to preach God under that name.

James never said a word about it, as far as we know. It looks as if a fella with some that special, one-on-one, direct Holy Spirit guidance who claims to have knowledge of the "deep things of God" would not succumb to such errors.

I never was very good with names, but of course it was Peter, not James.

That's OK. According to you, Jesus wasn't too hot with predictions, so I guess it's six of one, half a dozen of the other.


There is not one record in scripture of an Apostle calling the brothers Christians, in fact the name only appears in scripture on three occasions. First when it was noted that they had been called it first of all in Antioch, next when it was used disparagingly by an opposer and the third time when having to encourage the brothers not to worry what they were called but to preach God all the same.

None of the above is correct.

All of the above is correct, as you well know because we have discussed this at great length more than once.

None of it is. It's a case of you trying to read into the text what you wish it said. And the reason is that you'd like to read out of it what it does say.

There is no hint that Acts 11: 26 refers to the opposers of Christianity at all.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,866
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 1:36:00 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 5:33:40 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Is the 144000 just for jehovas witnesses...??

is paradise earth just for jw's???

if either is no, what must anyone else do to get to be in either the 144000 or eligible to be on paradise earth???
The 12 tribes of 12 thousand are given the mark of God as to not be hurt but to bare witness to what happens during Armageddon. They merely bare witnesses in heaven to the events they see.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 2:17:07 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 12:44:15 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 1/2/2016 12:05:40 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2016 11:35:32 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 1/1/2016 11:16:20 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2016 10:24:00 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 1/1/2016 6:34:53 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:


I look forward to that extra knowledge.

the jw's did admit Yahweh was a better and more accurate name so why don't we have yahweh witnesses? that was my question...lol

Yes I have agreed that they did, but Yahweh is the Hebrew version. The English translation has been accepted as Jehovah for far more years than the JWs have existed.

It is one of few areas where they have bowed to the common misconception.

The other is in allowing themselves to be called Christian, a name which in the 1st century was only ever used by opposers, and which is why James had to encourage the brothers not to be afraid to preach God under that name.

James never said a word about it, as far as we know. It looks as if a fella with some that special, one-on-one, direct Holy Spirit guidance who claims to have knowledge of the "deep things of God" would not succumb to such errors.

I never was very good with names, but of course it was Peter, not James.

That's OK. According to you, Jesus wasn't too hot with predictions, so I guess it's six of one, half a dozen of the other.


There is not one record in scripture of an Apostle calling the brothers Christians, in fact the name only appears in scripture on three occasions. First when it was noted that they had been called it first of all in Antioch, next when it was used disparagingly by an opposer and the third time when having to encourage the brothers not to worry what they were called but to preach God all the same.

None of the above is correct.

All of the above is correct, as you well know because we have discussed this at great length more than once.

None of it is. It's a case of you trying to read into the text what you wish it said. And the reason is that you'd like to read out of it what it does say.

There is no hint that Acts 11: 26 refers to the opposers of Christianity at all.

Not in that verse no.

No Anna I do not read inot it what I wish to see. I read into it what Jehovah wishes me to see, that is what happens when you rely on Jehovah for guidance not yourself.

Felix was an opposer, so were all those who were calling the brothersChristian in the incident to which Peter refers.

Acts 11:26 is simply a bald statement of the name arising.

It is very significant indeed that the name originated at Antioch, not at Jerusalem, and explains why neither the Apostles nor any of the other writers in scripture ever used the name. They took their lead from the Apostles and Older Men in Jerusalem, and from them alone.

Had the name come from them it would have been enthusiastically received, and none would have needed encouraging not to be afraid to preach God under the name of his son.

It has since the end of the 1st century, become the name by which followers of Christ are known, so rightly or wrongly we use it, despite the fact that the majority who do use it don;t even know what being Christian means, and in fact the word has become meaningless over the centuries.

In fact it very rarely is used to describe one who complies with the standard Christ set at Matthew 7:21-23. American Standard Version.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

There is, as you well know, only one group on this earth fulfilling that requirement.

Only one group preaching "This good News of the Kingdom" in all the inhabited earth, for a witness to all the Nations".
be_diligent
Posts: 399
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 2:48:18 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 2:17:07 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/2/2016 12:44:15 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 1/2/2016 12:05:40 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2016 11:35:32 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 1/1/2016 11:16:20 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2016 10:24:00 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 1/1/2016 6:34:53 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:


I look forward to that extra knowledge.

the jw's did admit Yahweh was a better and more accurate name so why don't we have yahweh witnesses? that was my question...lol

Yes I have agreed that they did, but Yahweh is the Hebrew version. The English translation has been accepted as Jehovah for far more years than the JWs have existed.

It is one of few areas where they have bowed to the common misconception.

The other is in allowing themselves to be called Christian, a name which in the 1st century was only ever used by opposers, and which is why James had to encourage the brothers not to be afraid to preach God under that name.

James never said a word about it, as far as we know. It looks as if a fella with some that special, one-on-one, direct Holy Spirit guidance who claims to have knowledge of the "deep things of God" would not succumb to such errors.

I never was very good with names, but of course it was Peter, not James.

That's OK. According to you, Jesus wasn't too hot with predictions, so I guess it's six of one, half a dozen of the other.


There is not one record in scripture of an Apostle calling the brothers Christians, in fact the name only appears in scripture on three occasions. First when it was noted that they had been called it first of all in Antioch, next when it was used disparagingly by an opposer and the third time when having to encourage the brothers not to worry what they were called but to preach God all the same.

None of the above is correct.

All of the above is correct, as you well know because we have discussed this at great length more than once.

None of it is. It's a case of you trying to read into the text what you wish it said. And the reason is that you'd like to read out of it what it does say.

There is no hint that Acts 11: 26 refers to the opposers of Christianity at all.

Not in that verse no.

No Anna I do not read inot it what I wish to see. I read into it what Jehovah wishes me to see, that is what happens when you rely on Jehovah for guidance not yourself.

Felix was an opposer, so were all those who were calling the brothersChristian in the incident to which Peter refers.

Acts 11:26 is simply a bald statement of the name arising.

It is very significant indeed that the name originated at Antioch, not at Jerusalem, and explains why neither the Apostles nor any of the other writers in scripture ever used the name. They took their lead from the Apostles and Older Men in Jerusalem, and from them alone.

Had the name come from them it would have been enthusiastically received, and none would have needed encouraging not to be afraid to preach God under the name of his son.

It has since the end of the 1st century, become the name by which followers of Christ are known, so rightly or wrongly we use it, despite the fact that the majority who do use it don;t even know what being Christian means, and in fact the word has become meaningless over the centuries.

In fact it very rarely is used to describe one who complies with the standard Christ set at Matthew 7:21-23. American Standard Version.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

There is, as you well know, only one group on this earth fulfilling that requirement.

Only one group preaching "This good News of the Kingdom" in all the inhabited earth, for a witness to all the Nations".

MCB,

I admit, I'm somewhat impressed with some of your biblical understanding. You make the point that it is Jesus who teaches us, and that is true.

I don't understand your argument against the use of the word, "Christian."

The bible does not use the term, "Jehovah's Witnesses," either. You can share as many verses as "graceofgod," to hold to that stance. Whereas, the word Christian is actually referenced in the bible.

The other argument is that the scriptures do actually give the name of God all the way back to the Hebrew language. "YHVH," is more accurate.

Many of the greatest bible scholars agree that the name, "Jehovah," is not a proper translation
The name "Jehovah," is a Germanic pronunciation of Latinized Hebrew YHWH. It is the letters of the tetragrammaton, Latinized into JHVH, with vowels inserted. "Yahweh" or "Yehowah" is far more likely to be the correct pronunciation.

Also, Jesus (Yashua) said that He is the way, the truth and the life. It's only by Him that anyone will enter in. He never said that a particular denomination is the way, the truth or the life.

The statement that your church is the only true church is not an uncommon statement.

Every denomination makes the same claim. The truth is, Jesus, (Yashua) is the way, the truth and the life.

The answers are revealed in seeking in HIM.

God does not dwell in buildings...

Acts 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet, Acts 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
Acts 7:50 Hath not my hand made all these things?
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 3:57:25 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 2:48:18 PM, be_diligent wrote:
At 1/2/2016 2:17:07 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

MCB,

I admit, I'm somewhat impressed with some of your biblical understanding. You make the point that it is Jesus who teaches us, and that is true.

I don't understand your argument against the use of the word, "Christian."

I am sorry, I don;t know how I can make it clearer.

It boils down to three things.

1: it was not given to the early followers of Christ by the Apostles and Older Men of Jerusalem, through whom all teachings came.

2: There is no Biblical record it it ever being applied to the followers of Christ by any other than opposers.


The bible does not use the term, "Jehovah's Witnesses," either. You can share as many verses as "graceofgod," to hold to that stance. Whereas, the word Christian is actually referenced in the bible.

That is not entirely correct, though those exact word were not used.

Isaiah 43:10American Standard Version (ASV)

10 Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

There JEhvoah calls ISrael his witnesses.

What does that make them?

Jehovah's Witnesses, nothing more, nothing less.

At Revelation 3:14 Christ is called the faithful and true Witness.

Witness to whom?

To his father, Jehovah (John 17:6).

That makes him a Jehovah's Witness in deed if not in name.

Therefore the name Jehovah's Witnesses has solid scriptural precedent whereas "Christian" has nothing more than three mentions, one a bald statement about it's first use in Antioch, the other two concerning its use by opposers, and the acceptance of Apostate men of that name.

I am not saying it hold not be used, after all, in English we use the name Jehovah because it has been accepted by men as the "best guess" in English. I just feel the truth of its origins and usage should not be ignored.


The other argument is that the scriptures do actually give the name of God all the way back to the Hebrew language. "YHVH," is more accurate.

Many of the greatest bible scholars agree that the name, "Jehovah," is not a proper translation
The name "Jehovah," is a Germanic pronunciation of Latinized Hebrew YHWH. It is the letters of the tetragrammaton, Latinized into JHVH, with vowels inserted. "Yahweh" or "Yehowah" is far more likely to be the correct pronunciation.

Also, Jesus (Yashua) said that He is the way, the truth and the life. It's only by Him that anyone will enter in. He never said that a particular denomination is the way, the truth or the life.

However he did specify only those who do his father's will.

He also specified absolute unity of teaching, as did the Apostles after him.

Also scripture shows that there has only ever been one path to Jehovah

The statement that your church is the only true church is not an uncommon statement.

It is nto my church. I am disfellowshipped.

Nor is it the church of any human, it is formed on the basis of a group who were called to his son's side by Jehovah in the 1800's. A group who underwent decades of sometimes painfully embarassing training by Christ before they were granted the privilege of carrying his father's name.


Every denomination makes the same claim. The truth is, Jesus, (Yashua) is the way, the truth and the life.

The answers are revealed in seeking in HIM.

God does not dwell in buildings...

Acts 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet, Acts 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
Acts 7:50 Hath not my hand made all these things?

Very true he does not, but there is only one truth and therefore only one true set of teachings, and only those who are determined to follow the true teachings are acceptable to Jehovah John 4:23-24.

Kingdom Halls are not claimed to be houses of God, they are simply places where like minded worshippers can meet to learn about their God. Nothing more nothing less.

As the Apostles did they open each meeting with a song of praise and prayer, and conclude the same way.

However they are the only ones fulfilling all of the qualifications laid down by Christ and the Apostles to be counted as true followers of Christ.

Jehovah is a God of order, not of the confusion of believe that Satan has dragged into all the other branches of so-called Christianity.

Jesus prayed that all his followers should enjoy the same unity that he and his father enjoyed.

Only one group insists on that level of unity.

Christ said only those doing his father's will were acceptable as his true followers, though many would make that claim.

Since the only way to Christ is through Jehovah, and the only way to Jehovah is through Christ, that proves that only one faith can possibly be acceptable to Christ and his father.

That faith is the JWs.

As for the name Jehovah, I agree, it is the English Language "best guess", and there are numerous other "best guesses" in various languages.

However, as with the name Christian, the JWs adopt it because it is the accepted English Language version, and we cannot prove anything better for certain.

If we cannot accept Jehovah for that reason, then we cannot accept Christian for the same reason.

LIST OF 99 LANGUAGES THAT USE A VERNACULAR FORM OF THE TETRAGRAMMATON IN THE NEW TESTAMENT
CHIHOWA: Choctaw
I"HVE: Portuguese
IEHOUA: Mer
IEHOVA: Gilbertese; Hawaiian; Hiri Motu; Kerewo; Kiwai; Marquesas; Motu; Panaieti (Misima); Rarotongan; Tahitian; Toaripi
IEHOVAN: Saibai
IEOVA: Kuanua; Wedau
IHOVA: Aneityum
IHVH: French
IOVA: Malekula (Kuliviu); Malekula (Pangkumu); Malekula (Uripiv)
JAHOWA: Batak-Toba
JAHU": Chacobo
JAKWE: (Ki)Sukuma
JAHVE: Hungarian
JEHOBA: Kipsigis; Mentawai
JEHOFA: Tswana
JEHOVA: Croatian; German; K"l" (Gabon); Lele (Manus Island); Nandi; Nauruan; Nukuoro
JEHOV": Spanish
JEH"VA: Fang; Tsimihety
JEHOVAH: Dutch; Efik; English; Kalenjin; Malagasy; Narrinyeri; Ojibwa
JEOVA: Kusaie (Kosraean)
JIHOVA: Naga (Angami); Naga (Konyak); Naga (Lotha); Naga (Mao); Naga (Ntenyi); Naga (Sangtam); Rotuman
JIOUA: Mortlock
JIOVA: Fijian
JIWHEY?WHE: Gu (Alada)
SIHOVA: Tongan
UYEHOVA: Zulu
YAHOWA: Thai
YAHVE: Ila
YAVE: Kongo
YAWE: Bobangi; Bolia; Dholuo; Lingala; Mongo (Lolo); (Lo)Ngandu; (Lo)Ntumba; (Ke)Sengele
YEH"A: Awabakal
YEHOFA: Southern Sotho
YEHOVA: Chokwe; Chuana (Tlapi); (Ki)Kalanga; Logo; Luba; Lugbara; (Chi)Luimbi; (Chi)Lunda (Ndembu); (Chi)Luvale; Santo (Hog Harbor); Tiv; Umbundu; (Isi)Xhosa
YEHOVAH: Bube; Mohawk; Nguna (Efate); Nguna (Tongoa)
YEHOWA: Ga; Laotian; (Ki)Songe; Tshiluba
YEKOVA: Zande
YEOBA: Kuba (Inkongo)
YEOHOWA: Korean
YHWH: Hebrew
YOWO: Lomwe
ZAHOVA: Chin (Haka-Lai)

Take your pick.

As you rightly point out, Yahweh is the accepted Hebrew guess, but I do not speak Hebrew.

The problem arose largely because for centuries written Romance languages were not standardised. J, Y and even I were seen as completely interchangeable, as were W and V, hence the present day mess, out of which we can only do our best and trust in Jehavoh to accept our best guesses.

After all he knows the problem, he has watched all of Satan's efforts to prevent people from calling on his name an gaining salvation.

Joel 2:32American Standard Version (ASV)

32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of Jehovah shall be delivered; for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be those that escape, as Jehovah hath said, and among the remnant those whom Jehovah doth call. (Acts 2:21 and Romans 10:13).
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 8:18:06 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 2:17:07 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/2/2016 12:44:15 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 1/2/2016 12:05:40 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2016 11:35:32 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 1/1/2016 11:16:20 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2016 10:24:00 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 1/1/2016 6:34:53 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:


I look forward to that extra knowledge.

the jw's did admit Yahweh was a better and more accurate name so why don't we have yahweh witnesses? that was my question...lol

Yes I have agreed that they did, but Yahweh is the Hebrew version. The English translation has been accepted as Jehovah for far more years than the JWs have existed.

It is one of few areas where they have bowed to the common misconception.

The other is in allowing themselves to be called Christian, a name which in the 1st century was only ever used by opposers, and which is why James had to encourage the brothers not to be afraid to preach God under that name.

James never said a word about it, as far as we know. It looks as if a fella with some that special, one-on-one, direct Holy Spirit guidance who claims to have knowledge of the "deep things of God" would not succumb to such errors.

I never was very good with names, but of course it was Peter, not James.

That's OK. According to you, Jesus wasn't too hot with predictions, so I guess it's six of one, half a dozen of the other.


There is not one record in scripture of an Apostle calling the brothers Christians, in fact the name only appears in scripture on three occasions. First when it was noted that they had been called it first of all in Antioch, next when it was used disparagingly by an opposer and the third time when having to encourage the brothers not to worry what they were called but to preach God all the same.

None of the above is correct.

All of the above is correct, as you well know because we have discussed this at great length more than once.

None of it is. It's a case of you trying to read into the text what you wish it said. And the reason is that you'd like to read out of it what it does say.

There is no hint that Acts 11: 26 refers to the opposers of Christianity at all.

Not in that verse no.

No Anna I do not read inot it what I wish to see. I read into it what Jehovah wishes me to see, that is what happens when you rely on Jehovah for guidance not yourself.

Felix was an opposer, so were all those who were calling the brothersChristian in the incident to which Peter refers.

Acts 11:26 is simply a bald statement of the name arising.

It is very significant indeed that the name originated at Antioch, not at Jerusalem, and explains why neither the Apostles nor any of the other writers in scripture ever used the name. They took their lead from the Apostles and Older Men in Jerusalem, and from them alone.

Had the name come from them it would have been enthusiastically received, and none would have needed encouraging not to be afraid to preach God under the name of his son.

It has since the end of the 1st century, become the name by which followers of Christ are known, so rightly or wrongly we use it, despite the fact that the majority who do use it don;t even know what being Christian means, and in fact the word has become meaningless over the centuries.

In fact it very rarely is used to describe one who complies with the standard Christ set at Matthew 7:21-23. American Standard Version.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

There is, as you well know, only one group on this earth fulfilling that requirement.

Only one group preaching "This good News of the Kingdom" in all the inhabited earth, for a witness to all the Nations".

Well, Acts 11: 26 says, "the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch".

YOU said the passage implies that, yeah, they were "called" Christians in a derogatory sense by their opposers.

The most common usage of the word chrematizo ("called") in the NT is:

"to give a response to those consulting an oracle, to give a divine command or admonition, to teach from heaven, to be divinely commanded, admonished, instructed to be the mouthpiece of divine revelations, to promulgate the commands of God"

That doesn't look like "labeled in a derogatory fashion by an enemy", does it? In fact, such a definition of the word doesn't even exist.

The word is used a total of nine times in the NT. Here are the KJV translations:

1. "being warned of God" (Matt 2: 12)
2. "being warned of God" (Matt 2: 22)
3. "revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost" (Luke 2: 26)
4. "was warned from God" (Acts 10: 22)
5. "were called Christians" (Acts 11: 26)
6. "she shall be called an adulteress" (Rom 7: 3)
7. "was admonished of God" (Heb 8: 5)
8. "being warned of God" (Heb 11: 7)
9. "For if they escaped not when they refused him that warned them on earth, much more shall not we escape who turn away from him that warneth from heaven" (Heb 12: 25)

That's it. There are the usages. Not a long of them comes close to "given the name in derision by enemies".

If you think you can locate such a use of the word chrematizo in the entire NT, then by all means do so. This is just another case of you making up BS as you bumble along.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 9:01:04 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 8:18:06 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 1/2/2016 2:17:07 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/2/2016 12:44:15 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 1/2/2016 12:05:40 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2016 11:35:32 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 1/1/2016 11:16:20 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/1/2016 10:24:00 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 1/1/2016 6:34:53 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:


I look forward to that extra knowledge.

the jw's did admit Yahweh was a better and more accurate name so why don't we have yahweh witnesses? that was my question...lol

Yes I have agreed that they did, but Yahweh is the Hebrew version. The English translation has been accepted as Jehovah for far more years than the JWs have existed.

It is one of few areas where they have bowed to the common misconception.

The other is in allowing themselves to be called Christian, a name which in the 1st century was only ever used by opposers, and which is why James had to encourage the brothers not to be afraid to preach God under that name.

James never said a word about it, as far as we know. It looks as if a fella with some that special, one-on-one, direct Holy Spirit guidance who claims to have knowledge of the "deep things of God" would not succumb to such errors.

I never was very good with names, but of course it was Peter, not James.

That's OK. According to you, Jesus wasn't too hot with predictions, so I guess it's six of one, half a dozen of the other.


There is not one record in scripture of an Apostle calling the brothers Christians, in fact the name only appears in scripture on three occasions. First when it was noted that they had been called it first of all in Antioch, next when it was used disparagingly by an opposer and the third time when having to encourage the brothers not to worry what they were called but to preach God all the same.

None of the above is correct.

All of the above is correct, as you well know because we have discussed this at great length more than once.

None of it is. It's a case of you trying to read into the text what you wish it said. And the reason is that you'd like to read out of it what it does say.

There is no hint that Acts 11: 26 refers to the opposers of Christianity at all.

Not in that verse no.

No Anna I do not read inot it what I wish to see. I read into it what Jehovah wishes me to see, that is what happens when you rely on Jehovah for guidance not yourself.

Felix was an opposer, so were all those who were calling the brothersChristian in the incident to which Peter refers.

Acts 11:26 is simply a bald statement of the name arising.

It is very significant indeed that the name originated at Antioch, not at Jerusalem, and explains why neither the Apostles nor any of the other writers in scripture ever used the name. They took their lead from the Apostles and Older Men in Jerusalem, and from them alone.

Had the name come from them it would have been enthusiastically received, and none would have needed encouraging not to be afraid to preach God under the name of his son.

It has since the end of the 1st century, become the name by which followers of Christ are known, so rightly or wrongly we use it, despite the fact that the majority who do use it don;t even know what being Christian means, and in fact the word has become meaningless over the centuries.

In fact it very rarely is used to describe one who complies with the standard Christ set at Matthew 7:21-23. American Standard Version.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

There is, as you well know, only one group on this earth fulfilling that requirement.

Only one group preaching "This good News of the Kingdom" in all the inhabited earth, for a witness to all the Nations".

Well, Acts 11: 26 says, "the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch".

YOU said the passage implies that, yeah, they were "called" Christians in a derogatory sense by their opposers.

The most common usage of the word chrematizo ("called") in the NT is:

"to give a response to those consulting an oracle, to give a divine command or admonition, to teach from heaven, to be divinely commanded, admonished, instructed to be the mouthpiece of divine revelations, to promulgate the commands of God"

That doesn't look like "labeled in a derogatory fashion by an enemy", does it? In fact, such a definition of the word doesn't even exist.

The word is used a total of nine times in the NT. Here are the KJV translations:

1. "being warned of God" (Matt 2: 12)
2. "being warned of God" (Matt 2: 22)
3. "revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost" (Luke 2: 26)
4. "was warned from God" (Acts 10: 22)
5. "were called Christians" (Acts 11: 26)
6. "she shall be called an adulteress" (Rom 7: 3)
7. "was admonished of God" (Heb 8: 5)
8. "being warned of God" (Heb 11: 7)
9. "For if they escaped not when they refused him that warned them on earth, much more shall not we escape who turn away from him that warneth from heaven" (Heb 12: 25)

That's it. There are the usages. Not a long of them comes close to "given the name in derision by enemies".

If you think you can locate such a use of the word chrematizo in the entire NT, then by all means do so. This is just another case of you making up BS as you bumble along.

A load of useless nonsense.

It doesn't matter what you say, all you have is the word of man.

I have the word of God.

If the name Christian were not used in a derogatory sense why would any be ashamed to preach the word of Gd under it?

Do you honestly believe that the Governor Felix used it in any sense other than derogatory?

Why did it come first in Antioch when all teachings came through the Apostles and Older Men in Jerusalem?

Why did the Apostles never adopt it?

Sorry Anna but the provenance of the name Christian is considerably more doubtful than the provenance of Jehovah's Witnesses which has at lest two references to Witnesses, one directly from Jehovah, to support it.

I know you hate it Anna, but it is true none the less, and you have already demonstrated frequently on here how little knowledge of scripture you have.