Total Posts:82|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Bible Inspired From God?

Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 11:01:40 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
- How do Christians justify the inspiration of the Bible from God?

- What do you think are some of the best advanced arguments to support the case?

- What do you think are some of the best advanced arguments to disprove the case?
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 11:13:38 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 11:01:40 PM, Yassine wrote:
- How do Christians justify the inspiration of the Bible from God?

Most likely, with the same justification the Quran was inspired by Allah.

- What do you think are some of the best advanced arguments to support the case?

- What do you think are some of the best advanced arguments to disprove the case?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 11:14:48 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 11:13:38 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/29/2015 11:01:40 PM, Yassine wrote:
- How do Christians justify the inspiration of the Bible from God?

Most likely, with the same justification the Quran was inspired by Allah.

- Which is?
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 11:21:52 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 11:14:48 PM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/29/2015 11:13:38 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/29/2015 11:01:40 PM, Yassine wrote:
- How do Christians justify the inspiration of the Bible from God?

Most likely, with the same justification the Quran was inspired by Allah.

- Which is?

None whatsoever, pure blind faith.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 1:39:36 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 11:21:52 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/29/2015 11:14:48 PM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/29/2015 11:13:38 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/29/2015 11:01:40 PM, Yassine wrote:
- How do Christians justify the inspiration of the Bible from God?

Most likely, with the same justification the Quran was inspired by Allah.

- Which is?

None whatsoever, pure blind faith.

- Then, no.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 1:44:09 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 11:14:48 PM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/29/2015 11:13:38 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/29/2015 11:01:40 PM, Yassine wrote:
- How do Christians justify the inspiration of the Bible from God?

Most likely, with the same justification the Quran was inspired by Allah.

- Which is?
Someone said so.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 1:46:40 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 1:39:36 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/29/2015 11:21:52 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/29/2015 11:14:48 PM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/29/2015 11:13:38 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/29/2015 11:01:40 PM, Yassine wrote:
- How do Christians justify the inspiration of the Bible from God?

Most likely, with the same justification the Quran was inspired by Allah.

- Which is?

None whatsoever, pure blind faith.

- Then, no.

Right... So, you have this proof that the Quran IS inspired from God? More proof than the bible?
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 1:46:46 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 1:44:09 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/29/2015 11:14:48 PM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/29/2015 11:13:38 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/29/2015 11:01:40 PM, Yassine wrote:
- How do Christians justify the inspiration of the Bible from God?

Most likely, with the same justification the Quran was inspired by Allah.

- Which is?
Someone said so.

- I figure you wouldn't give me even a mildly convincing answer. I'll await the response of someone who actually believe in the faith to justify his belief.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 1:48:33 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 1:46:40 AM, TBR wrote:

Right... So, you have this proof that the Quran IS inspired from God?

- Not particularly me, but yes.

More proof than the bible?

- I am trying to find out.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 1:49:29 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 1:48:33 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/30/2015 1:46:40 AM, TBR wrote:

Right... So, you have this proof that the Quran IS inspired from God?

- Not particularly me, but yes.

More proof than the bible?

- I am trying to find out.

Good luck waiting on either.
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 1:49:38 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
How come only atheists respond here! Where are the Christians?
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 1:50:21 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 1:49:29 AM, TBR wrote:
At 12/30/2015 1:48:33 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/30/2015 1:46:40 AM, TBR wrote:

Right... So, you have this proof that the Quran IS inspired from God?

- Not particularly me, but yes.

More proof than the bible?

- I am trying to find out.

Good luck waiting on either.

- Why? Do you know something I don't?
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Pase66
Posts: 775
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 1:53:57 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 11:01:40 PM, Yassine wrote:
- How do Christians justify the inspiration of the Bible from God?

- What do you think are some of the best advanced arguments to support the case?

- What do you think are some of the best advanced arguments to disprove the case?

I think, more or less, they believe in it because, on some level, they can either relate to it or find some meaning from it. From what I've seen, people who aim to "prove" the divine validity of the bible tend to use the bible as a basis, and then try to find specific events/ data that correspond with the biblical account.
Check out these Current Debates
It Cannot be Shown that The Qur'an is Revelation from God
http://www.debate.org...
bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 1:59:10 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 1:46:46 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/30/2015 1:44:09 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/29/2015 11:14:48 PM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/29/2015 11:13:38 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/29/2015 11:01:40 PM, Yassine wrote:
- How do Christians justify the inspiration of the Bible from God?

Most likely, with the same justification the Quran was inspired by Allah.

- Which is?
Someone said so.

- I figure you wouldn't give me even a mildly convincing answer. I'll await the response of someone who actually believe in the faith to justify his belief.
I don't really care that you run away from the only answer available, all theists do.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 2:05:35 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 1:59:10 AM, bulproof wrote:

I don't really care that you run away from the only answer available,

- Available to you!

all theists do.

- Then, it must be a horrible answer.

- Since you're not a believer, why don't provide reasons to disprove the inspiration?
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 2:05:38 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 1:53:57 AM, Pase66 wrote:

I think, more or less, they believe in it because, on some level, they can either relate to it or find some meaning from it.

- I reckon this is true. A book couldn't have this much sway on many souls if it couldn't be related to.

From what I've seen, people who aim to "prove" the divine validity of the bible tend to use the bible as a basis, and then try to find specific events/ data that correspond with the biblical account.

- You mean like abductive reasoning, checking if the hypothesis (the Bible) corresponds to the facts (reality)?
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 2:08:04 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 1:49:38 AM, Yassine wrote:
How come only atheists respond here! Where are the Christians?

The Religious forum in a nutshell.
"Change your sig."
~YYW
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 2:08:42 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 2:08:04 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 12/30/2015 1:49:38 AM, Yassine wrote:
How come only atheists respond here! Where are the Christians?

The Religious forum in a nutshell.

- LOL!
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 2:17:26 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 2:05:35 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/30/2015 1:59:10 AM, bulproof wrote:

I don't really care that you run away from the only answer available,

- Available to you!

all theists do.

- Then, it must be a horrible answer.
Not at all, it's the only option a theist has when presented with truth.
- Since you're not a believer, why don't provide reasons to disprove the inspiration?

You haven't provided any evidence to even claim your book and the bible are inspired by god.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 2:19:29 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 2:17:26 AM, bulproof wrote:

Not at all, it's the only option a theist has when presented with truth.

- Your* truth! As I said, I'll await the response of an actual believer.

You haven't provided any evidence to even claim your book and the bible are inspired by god.

- Read the OP. I am here the one asking the questions, not you.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 2:38:39 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 1:48:33 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/30/2015 1:46:40 AM, TBR wrote:

Right... So, you have this proof that the Quran IS inspired from God?

- Not particularly me, but yes.

But, we know you nor anyone else has any kind of proof, why would you lie about that?

More proof than the bible?

- I am trying to find out.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 2:39:14 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 2:19:29 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/30/2015 2:17:26 AM, bulproof wrote:

Not at all, it's the only option a theist has when presented with truth.

- Your* truth! As I said, I'll await the response of an actual believer.

You haven't provided any evidence to even claim your book and the bible are inspired by god.

- Read the OP. I am here the one asking the questions, not you.
That's the only option a theist has when presented with truth.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 2:44:32 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 2:38:39 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

But, we know you nor anyone else has any kind of proof, why would you lie about that?

- You know nothing.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 2:44:54 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 2:39:14 AM, bulproof wrote:

That's the only option a theist has when presented with truth.

- Case in point.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 2:52:42 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 2:44:32 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/30/2015 2:38:39 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

But, we know you nor anyone else has any kind of proof, why would you lie about that?

- You know nothing.

If that were true, you would have provided the proof already.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 2:53:39 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 2:52:42 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

If that were true, you would have provided the proof already.

- Non sequitur.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 4:22:45 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 1:49:38 AM, Yassine wrote:
How come only atheists respond here! Where are the Christians?

We're taking time off for Christmas.
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 4:26:45 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 4:22:45 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 12/30/2015 1:49:38 AM, Yassine wrote:
How come only atheists respond here! Where are the Christians?

We're taking time off for Christmas.

- Well, enjoy your holidays. Meanwhile, I'll just keep dismissing atheists whenever they pop up.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
PeacefulChaos
Posts: 2,610
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 4:28:25 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/29/2015 11:01:40 PM, Yassine wrote:
- How do Christians justify the inspiration of the Bible from God?

- What do you think are some of the best advanced arguments to support the case?

- What do you think are some of the best advanced arguments to disprove the case?

I am afraid I'm not Christian, but I believe that the inspiration of the Bible was ultimately from God. That is, Jesus was a Messenger of God, and His teachings inspired the Bible.

Is this what you mean when you say "inspiration of the Bible from God"? Or do you mean something else?
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 4:30:23 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 4:28:25 AM, PeacefulChaos wrote:

I am afraid I'm not Christian, but I believe that the inspiration of the Bible was ultimately from God. That is, Jesus was a Messenger of God, and His teachings inspired the Bible.

- So, you're Muslim?

Is this what you mean when you say "inspiration of the Bible from God"? Or do you mean something else?

- I am looking into how the Christians justify their belief that the Bible was inspired from God?
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...