Total Posts:43|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The worst person in history...

NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 4:50:12 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
was an atheist! Yeah, you heard me right. Joseph Stalin, the man who was voted the most evil man in history (see: http://www.ranker.com...), was an atheist!

I think the point of me saying this is to encourage the atheists who call out Christians for their "extremism" to look back at this forum thread and think again before calling out Christianity for creating "violent radicals".
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 4:56:58 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 4:50:12 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
was an atheist! Yeah, you heard me right. Joseph Stalin, the man who was voted the most evil man in history (see: http://www.ranker.com...), was an atheist!

I think the point of me saying this is to encourage the atheists who call out Christians for their "extremism" to look back at this forum thread and think again before calling out Christianity for creating "violent radicals".

Joseph Stalin did not do what he did because he was an atheist. He did what he did for political reasons. Atheism did not create this violent man.

This is why it is a false analogy.

Many religious extremists/radicals do horrendous acts for religious reasons. Religion can influence people to become violent.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 5:05:22 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 4:56:58 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 12/30/2015 4:50:12 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
was an atheist! Yeah, you heard me right. Joseph Stalin, the man who was voted the most evil man in history (see: http://www.ranker.com...), was an atheist!

I think the point of me saying this is to encourage the atheists who call out Christians for their "extremism" to look back at this forum thread and think again before calling out Christianity for creating "violent radicals".

Joseph Stalin did not do what he did because he was an atheist. He did what he did for political reasons. Atheism did not create this violent man.

This is why it is a false analogy.

Many religious extremists/radicals do horrendous acts for religious reasons. Religion can influence people to become violent.
Religion can influence people to become radical just as much as atheism can.

It's the choice of the person to commit the act, not the religion. I believe this argument is similar to the gun control argument. Just like a gun, religion doesn't cause a person to kill someone. It is the person who kills someone.

So, the argument that atheists are violent is just as logical as the argument that Christians are violent. Because, by the atheists' logic, we must associate the criminals' religious belief to the cause of the crime. Meaning, if for some reason a criminal is a Christian, we must assume that that person committed the crime because of his religious beliefs.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 5:18:29 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 4:50:12 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
was an atheist! Yeah, you heard me right. Joseph Stalin, the man who was voted the most evil man in history (see: http://www.ranker.com...), was an atheist!

I think the point of me saying this is to encourage the atheists who call out Christians for their "extremism" to look back at this forum thread and think again before calling out Christianity for creating "violent radicals".

Joseph Jughashvili (Stalin) probably learnt his murderous criminality at the Russian orthodox seminary where he studied
Chaosism
Posts: 2,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 5:24:46 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 5:05:22 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

It's the choice of the person to commit the act, not the religion. I believe this argument is similar to the gun control argument. Just like a gun, religion doesn't cause a person to kill someone. It is the person who kills someone.

If violence is committed in accordance to holy doctrines that are presumed to be true, then that violence is fueled by that religious belief. Yes, the *person* is committing the actual act of violence, but with religious motivations. The Quran and the Bible each have plenty of verses that advocate violence.

So, the argument that atheists are violent is just as logical as the argument that Christians are violent. Because, by the atheists' logic, we must associate the criminals' religious belief to the cause of the crime. Meaning, if for some reason a criminal is a Christian, we must assume that that person committed the crime because of his religious beliefs.

People, themselves, are violent or non-violent. Religion may provide motivation to carry out and/or justify violent actions (i.e. commanded by God). People are not motivated into violence by not having a belief. If an atheist acts out violently against religions, it is not because of atheism; it is because of a hatred towards religion possessed by that individual.
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 6:39:59 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 5:18:29 PM, desmac wrote:
At 12/30/2015 4:50:12 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
was an atheist! Yeah, you heard me right. Joseph Stalin, the man who was voted the most evil man in history (see: http://www.ranker.com...), was an atheist!

I think the point of me saying this is to encourage the atheists who call out Christians for their "extremism" to look back at this forum thread and think again before calling out Christianity for creating "violent radicals".

Joseph Jughashvili (Stalin) probably learnt his murderous criminality at the Russian orthodox seminary where he studied
He despised religion. I highly doubt this had any influence on him.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 6:55:33 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 4:50:12 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
was an atheist! Yeah, you heard me right. Joseph Stalin, the man who was voted the most evil man in history (see: http://www.ranker.com...), was an atheist!

I think the point of me saying this is to encourage the atheists who call out Christians for their "extremism" to look back at this forum thread and think again before calling out Christianity for creating "violent radicals".

People can be horrible. They become horrible when they place no value in life and lack the ability to empathize. They come from all walks of life, all belief systems, all levels of education. Generalizations are pathetic arguments. Try again.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 7:02:38 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 6:55:33 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 12/30/2015 4:50:12 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
was an atheist! Yeah, you heard me right. Joseph Stalin, the man who was voted the most evil man in history (see: http://www.ranker.com...), was an atheist!

I think the point of me saying this is to encourage the atheists who call out Christians for their "extremism" to look back at this forum thread and think again before calling out Christianity for creating "violent radicals".

People can be horrible. They become horrible when they place no value in life and lack the ability to empathize. They come from all walks of life, all belief systems, all levels of education. Generalizations are pathetic arguments. Try again.
You fail to see the irony there. Atheists are the ones who generalize Christians.

The whole point I made this thread is to tell the atheists to stop generalizing Christians.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 7:04:20 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 4:50:12 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
was an atheist! Yeah, you heard me right. Joseph Stalin, the man who was voted the most evil man in history (see: http://www.ranker.com...), was an atheist!

I think the point of me saying this is to encourage the atheists who call out Christians for their "extremism" to look back at this forum thread and think again before calling out Christianity for creating "violent radicals".

Also, Stalin was an independent thinker in regards to the general consensus where religious doctrine is concerned. He wasn't a religion, he was a single person, a radical leader and had no care for human life. What is the worst crime ever committed in the name of Christianity? There are so many. Maybe the inquisition or maybe the crusades? An organized group of radicals operating towards a single wicked goal is no less evil than one radical acting on their own beliefs.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 7:09:42 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 5:24:46 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 12/30/2015 5:05:22 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

It's the choice of the person to commit the act, not the religion. I believe this argument is similar to the gun control argument. Just like a gun, religion doesn't cause a person to kill someone. It is the person who kills someone.

If violence is committed in accordance to holy doctrines that are presumed to be true, then that violence is fueled by that religious belief. Yes, the *person* is committing the actual act of violence, but with religious motivations. The Quran and the Bible each have plenty of verses that advocate violence.

So, the argument that atheists are violent is just as logical as the argument that Christians are violent. Because, by the atheists' logic, we must associate the criminals' religious belief to the cause of the crime. Meaning, if for some reason a criminal is a Christian, we must assume that that person committed the crime because of his religious beliefs.

People, themselves, are violent or non-violent. Religion may provide motivation to carry out and/or justify violent actions (i.e. commanded by God). People are not motivated into violence by not having a belief. If an atheist acts out violently against religions, it is not because of atheism; it is because of a hatred towards religion possessed by that individual.
Where in the Bible does it authorize violence?
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 7:09:48 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 7:02:38 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 12/30/2015 6:55:33 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 12/30/2015 4:50:12 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
was an atheist! Yeah, you heard me right. Joseph Stalin, the man who was voted the most evil man in history (see: http://www.ranker.com...), was an atheist!

I think the point of me saying this is to encourage the atheists who call out Christians for their "extremism" to look back at this forum thread and think again before calling out Christianity for creating "violent radicals".

People can be horrible. They become horrible when they place no value in life and lack the ability to empathize. They come from all walks of life, all belief systems, all levels of education. Generalizations are pathetic arguments. Try again.
You fail to see the irony there. Atheists are the ones who generalize Christians.

The whole point I made this thread is to tell the atheists to stop generalizing Christians.

Which many of them do and I don't agree with it. I have my own opinions and arguments that are contrary to spirituallaity and religion. It doesn't mean I'm pristine or correct. I suppose everyone here argues the point that they believe to be true. I've said it before, truth and belief are two different things. Belief is quite personal.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Burzmali
Posts: 1,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 7:20:54 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 7:09:42 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 12/30/2015 5:24:46 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 12/30/2015 5:05:22 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

It's the choice of the person to commit the act, not the religion. I believe this argument is similar to the gun control argument. Just like a gun, religion doesn't cause a person to kill someone. It is the person who kills someone.

If violence is committed in accordance to holy doctrines that are presumed to be true, then that violence is fueled by that religious belief. Yes, the *person* is committing the actual act of violence, but with religious motivations. The Quran and the Bible each have plenty of verses that advocate violence.

So, the argument that atheists are violent is just as logical as the argument that Christians are violent. Because, by the atheists' logic, we must associate the criminals' religious belief to the cause of the crime. Meaning, if for some reason a criminal is a Christian, we must assume that that person committed the crime because of his religious beliefs.

People, themselves, are violent or non-violent. Religion may provide motivation to carry out and/or justify violent actions (i.e. commanded by God). People are not motivated into violence by not having a belief. If an atheist acts out violently against religions, it is not because of atheism; it is because of a hatred towards religion possessed by that individual.
Where in the Bible does it authorize violence?

Are you asking that question as a joke? How many different verses do you need me to post about punishing people by stoning them to death? How many do you need where god commands genocide?
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 7:22:36 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 7:20:54 PM, Burzmali wrote:
At 12/30/2015 7:09:42 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 12/30/2015 5:24:46 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 12/30/2015 5:05:22 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

It's the choice of the person to commit the act, not the religion. I believe this argument is similar to the gun control argument. Just like a gun, religion doesn't cause a person to kill someone. It is the person who kills someone.

If violence is committed in accordance to holy doctrines that are presumed to be true, then that violence is fueled by that religious belief. Yes, the *person* is committing the actual act of violence, but with religious motivations. The Quran and the Bible each have plenty of verses that advocate violence.

So, the argument that atheists are violent is just as logical as the argument that Christians are violent. Because, by the atheists' logic, we must associate the criminals' religious belief to the cause of the crime. Meaning, if for some reason a criminal is a Christian, we must assume that that person committed the crime because of his religious beliefs.

People, themselves, are violent or non-violent. Religion may provide motivation to carry out and/or justify violent actions (i.e. commanded by God). People are not motivated into violence by not having a belief. If an atheist acts out violently against religions, it is not because of atheism; it is because of a hatred towards religion possessed by that individual.
Where in the Bible does it authorize violence?

Are you asking that question as a joke? How many different verses do you need me to post about punishing people by stoning them to death? How many do you need where god commands genocide?
All of those verses are in the Old Testament. The New Testament laws supersede the Old Testament laws.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 7:22:56 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 7:09:48 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 12/30/2015 7:02:38 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 12/30/2015 6:55:33 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 12/30/2015 4:50:12 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
was an atheist! Yeah, you heard me right. Joseph Stalin, the man who was voted the most evil man in history (see: http://www.ranker.com...), was an atheist!

I think the point of me saying this is to encourage the atheists who call out Christians for their "extremism" to look back at this forum thread and think again before calling out Christianity for creating "violent radicals".

People can be horrible. They become horrible when they place no value in life and lack the ability to empathize. They come from all walks of life, all belief systems, all levels of education. Generalizations are pathetic arguments. Try again.
You fail to see the irony there. Atheists are the ones who generalize Christians.

The whole point I made this thread is to tell the atheists to stop generalizing Christians.

Which many of them do and I don't agree with it. I have my own opinions and arguments that are contrary to spirituallaity and religion. It doesn't mean I'm pristine or correct. I suppose everyone here argues the point that they believe to be true. I've said it before, truth and belief are two different things. Belief is quite personal.
Well, I'm glad you don't agree with the atheists that generalize Christians.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
Chaosism
Posts: 2,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 7:27:23 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 7:09:42 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 12/30/2015 5:24:46 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 12/30/2015 5:05:22 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

It's the choice of the person to commit the act, not the religion. I believe this argument is similar to the gun control argument. Just like a gun, religion doesn't cause a person to kill someone. It is the person who kills someone.

If violence is committed in accordance to holy doctrines that are presumed to be true, then that violence is fueled by that religious belief. Yes, the *person* is committing the actual act of violence, but with religious motivations. The Quran and the Bible each have plenty of verses that advocate violence.

So, the argument that atheists are violent is just as logical as the argument that Christians are violent. Because, by the atheists' logic, we must associate the criminals' religious belief to the cause of the crime. Meaning, if for some reason a criminal is a Christian, we must assume that that person committed the crime because of his religious beliefs.

People, themselves, are violent or non-violent. Religion may provide motivation to carry out and/or justify violent actions (i.e. commanded by God). People are not motivated into violence by not having a belief. If an atheist acts out violently against religions, it is not because of atheism; it is because of a hatred towards religion possessed by that individual.
Where in the Bible does it authorize violence?

Well, let's just pick one. Leviticus 20:13.

"If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Now, before you begin to argue whether this OT law is no longer valid, or what have you, that is completely beside the point. It is undeniable that people use this verse to justify hatred and violence towards homosexuals. I am certainly not saying that even the majority of Christians do, but *some* do. These violent commandments that fill Leviticus are conducive to violence. This is an example of religiously motivated violence. Kevin Swanson is a good example of such a person (though he has not acted upon it that I know of), as he proclaims that homosexuals deserve to die (https://www.youtube.com...).

Atheism has no such means of compelling, justifying, encouraging, or demanding violence.
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 7:30:06 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 7:27:23 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 12/30/2015 7:09:42 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 12/30/2015 5:24:46 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 12/30/2015 5:05:22 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

It's the choice of the person to commit the act, not the religion. I believe this argument is similar to the gun control argument. Just like a gun, religion doesn't cause a person to kill someone. It is the person who kills someone.

If violence is committed in accordance to holy doctrines that are presumed to be true, then that violence is fueled by that religious belief. Yes, the *person* is committing the actual act of violence, but with religious motivations. The Quran and the Bible each have plenty of verses that advocate violence.

So, the argument that atheists are violent is just as logical as the argument that Christians are violent. Because, by the atheists' logic, we must associate the criminals' religious belief to the cause of the crime. Meaning, if for some reason a criminal is a Christian, we must assume that that person committed the crime because of his religious beliefs.

People, themselves, are violent or non-violent. Religion may provide motivation to carry out and/or justify violent actions (i.e. commanded by God). People are not motivated into violence by not having a belief. If an atheist acts out violently against religions, it is not because of atheism; it is because of a hatred towards religion possessed by that individual.
Where in the Bible does it authorize violence?

Well, let's just pick one. Leviticus 20:13.

"If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Now, before you begin to argue whether this OT law is no longer valid, or what have you, that is completely beside the point. It is undeniable that people use this verse to justify hatred and violence towards homosexuals. I am certainly not saying that even the majority of Christians do, but *some* do. These violent commandments that fill Leviticus are conducive to violence. This is an example of religiously motivated violence. Kevin Swanson is a good example of such a person (though he has not acted upon it that I know of), as he proclaims that homosexuals deserve to die (https://www.youtube.com...).

Atheism has no such means of compelling, justifying, encouraging, or demanding violence.
Kevin Swanson is both an idiot and a false teacher. I can assure you, he does not represent Christianity. People who call for the death penalty for homosexuals clearly don't understand the Bible. The only instance in which the Bible authorizes the death penalty is that of murder.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
Burzmali
Posts: 1,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 7:37:03 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 7:22:36 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 12/30/2015 7:20:54 PM, Burzmali wrote:
At 12/30/2015 7:09:42 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 12/30/2015 5:24:46 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 12/30/2015 5:05:22 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

It's the choice of the person to commit the act, not the religion. I believe this argument is similar to the gun control argument. Just like a gun, religion doesn't cause a person to kill someone. It is the person who kills someone.

If violence is committed in accordance to holy doctrines that are presumed to be true, then that violence is fueled by that religious belief. Yes, the *person* is committing the actual act of violence, but with religious motivations. The Quran and the Bible each have plenty of verses that advocate violence.

So, the argument that atheists are violent is just as logical as the argument that Christians are violent. Because, by the atheists' logic, we must associate the criminals' religious belief to the cause of the crime. Meaning, if for some reason a criminal is a Christian, we must assume that that person committed the crime because of his religious beliefs.

People, themselves, are violent or non-violent. Religion may provide motivation to carry out and/or justify violent actions (i.e. commanded by God). People are not motivated into violence by not having a belief. If an atheist acts out violently against religions, it is not because of atheism; it is because of a hatred towards religion possessed by that individual.
Where in the Bible does it authorize violence?

Are you asking that question as a joke? How many different verses do you need me to post about punishing people by stoning them to death? How many do you need where god commands genocide?
All of those verses are in the Old Testament. The New Testament laws supersede the Old Testament laws.

Except that Jesus says the old laws are to be honored to the letter.
Chaosism
Posts: 2,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 7:40:40 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 7:30:06 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 12/30/2015 7:27:23 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 12/30/2015 7:09:42 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 12/30/2015 5:24:46 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 12/30/2015 5:05:22 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

It's the choice of the person to commit the act, not the religion. I believe this argument is similar to the gun control argument. Just like a gun, religion doesn't cause a person to kill someone. It is the person who kills someone.

If violence is committed in accordance to holy doctrines that are presumed to be true, then that violence is fueled by that religious belief. Yes, the *person* is committing the actual act of violence, but with religious motivations. The Quran and the Bible each have plenty of verses that advocate violence.

So, the argument that atheists are violent is just as logical as the argument that Christians are violent. Because, by the atheists' logic, we must associate the criminals' religious belief to the cause of the crime. Meaning, if for some reason a criminal is a Christian, we must assume that that person committed the crime because of his religious beliefs.

People, themselves, are violent or non-violent. Religion may provide motivation to carry out and/or justify violent actions (i.e. commanded by God). People are not motivated into violence by not having a belief. If an atheist acts out violently against religions, it is not because of atheism; it is because of a hatred towards religion possessed by that individual.
Where in the Bible does it authorize violence?

Well, let's just pick one. Leviticus 20:13.

"If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Now, before you begin to argue whether this OT law is no longer valid, or what have you, that is completely beside the point. It is undeniable that people use this verse to justify hatred and violence towards homosexuals. I am certainly not saying that even the majority of Christians do, but *some* do. These violent commandments that fill Leviticus are conducive to violence. This is an example of religiously motivated violence. Kevin Swanson is a good example of such a person (though he has not acted upon it that I know of), as he proclaims that homosexuals deserve to die (https://www.youtube.com...).

Atheism has no such means of compelling, justifying, encouraging, or demanding violence.
Kevin Swanson is both an idiot and a false teacher. I can assure you, he does not represent Christianity. People who call for the death penalty for homosexuals clearly don't understand the Bible. The only instance in which the Bible authorizes the death penalty is that of murder.

I know - he was just an example of malevolent religious motivation to show that it does exist. So, no, he doesn't represent the vast majority of Christianity, but he would probably claim that you weren't a real Christian if you disagreed with him (and his interpretation of the bible and, thus, God). There is no single representation of Christianity to be able to objectively declare, this is "true" Christianity, and until a method is provided to determine this, generally everyone who makes such a claim is committing the No True Scotsman Fallacy (http://www.logicallyfallacious.com...).
janesix
Posts: 3,466
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 7:50:12 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 4:50:12 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
was an atheist! Yeah, you heard me right. Joseph Stalin, the man who was voted the most evil man in history (see: http://www.ranker.com...), was an atheist!
You seem very delighted about that.

I think the point of me saying this is to encourage the atheists who call out Christians for their "extremism" to look back at this forum thread and think again before calling out Christianity for creating "violent radicals".
komododragon8
Posts: 405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 8:13:29 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 4:50:12 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
was an atheist! Yeah, you heard me right. Joseph Stalin, the man who was voted the most evil man in history (see: http://www.ranker.com...), was an atheist!

I think the point of me saying this is to encourage the atheists who call out Christians for their "extremism" to look back at this forum thread and think again before calling out Christianity for creating "violent radicals".

This list put Obama above Goebbels and Mussolini. Heck, I didn't even see Leopold II (responsible for 10 million deaths along with countless mutilations) or Batista (1,000 to 20,000 deaths, along with torture and repression). Also Stalin was motivated by political power, not atheism. You don't see people blaming Hitler's actions on Christianity because everyone knows that he were motivated by other reasons.
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2015 8:46:28 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 4:56:58 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 12/30/2015 4:50:12 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
was an atheist! Yeah, you heard me right. Joseph Stalin, the man who was voted the most evil man in history (see: http://www.ranker.com...), was an atheist!

I think the point of me saying this is to encourage the atheists who call out Christians for their "extremism" to look back at this forum thread and think again before calling out Christianity for creating "violent radicals".

Joseph Stalin did not do what he did because he was an atheist. He did what he did for political reasons. Atheism did not create this violent man.

This is why it is a false analogy.

Many religious extremists/radicals do horrendous acts for religious reasons. Religion can influence people to become violent.

being an atheist one can do what ever he thinks is good and right according to themselves. atheists dont have objective morals. becasue of that stalin did what he did. its not false analogy at all and im afraid to say atheism is more dangerous than religion.
Never fart near dog
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 2:42:32 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 8:46:28 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 12/30/2015 4:56:58 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 12/30/2015 4:50:12 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
was an atheist! Yeah, you heard me right. Joseph Stalin, the man who was voted the most evil man in history (see: http://www.ranker.com...), was an atheist!

I think the point of me saying this is to encourage the atheists who call out Christians for their "extremism" to look back at this forum thread and think again before calling out Christianity for creating "violent radicals".

Joseph Stalin did not do what he did because he was an atheist. He did what he did for political reasons. Atheism did not create this violent man.

This is why it is a false analogy.

Many religious extremists/radicals do horrendous acts for religious reasons. Religion can influence people to become violent.

being an atheist one can do what ever he thinks is good and right according to themselves. atheists dont have objective morals. becasue of that stalin did what he did. its not false analogy at all and im afraid to say atheism is more dangerous than religion.

One can be an atheist and a moral realist...
One can be a theist and a moral relativist.

Also, people act based on their BELIEFS, not on what they do not believe. Since atheism is simply one thing that someone doesn't believe in (theism), people don't act on things due to their atheism.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 2:45:41 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/30/2015 4:50:12 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
was an atheist! Yeah, you heard me right. Joseph Stalin, the man who was voted the most evil man in history (see: http://www.ranker.com...), was an atheist!

I think the point of me saying this is to encourage the atheists who call out Christians for their "extremism" to look back at this forum thread and think again before calling out Christianity for creating "violent radicals".

These are people who exchange worship of a God, with worship of the state. Those who do not worship anything (God or the state which acts a surrogate for that style of belief), are Libertarians and believe in a free society.
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 3:17:26 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/31/2015 2:45:41 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/30/2015 4:50:12 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
was an atheist! Yeah, you heard me right. Joseph Stalin, the man who was voted the most evil man in history (see: http://www.ranker.com...), was an atheist!

I think the point of me saying this is to encourage the atheists who call out Christians for their "extremism" to look back at this forum thread and think again before calling out Christianity for creating "violent radicals".

These are people who exchange worship of a God, with worship of the state. Those who do not worship anything (God or the state which acts a surrogate for that style of belief), are Libertarians and believe in a free society.

- Or end up worshiping freedom or society.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 3:24:42 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/31/2015 3:17:26 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/31/2015 2:45:41 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/30/2015 4:50:12 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
was an atheist! Yeah, you heard me right. Joseph Stalin, the man who was voted the most evil man in history (see: http://www.ranker.com...), was an atheist!

I think the point of me saying this is to encourage the atheists who call out Christians for their "extremism" to look back at this forum thread and think again before calling out Christianity for creating "violent radicals".

These are people who exchange worship of a God, with worship of the state. Those who do not worship anything (God or the state which acts a surrogate for that style of belief), are Libertarians and believe in a free society.

- Or end up worshiping freedom or society.

Freedom is a natural law, and governments work better when they only create laws concerning the negative rights of men.
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 3:28:40 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/31/2015 3:24:42 AM, Wylted wrote:

Freedom is a natural law,

- Is it?

and governments work better when they only create laws concerning the negative rights of men.

- Although this looks like a total opinion, 'better' implies a scale, which scale is that?

- Also, the relevant issue here lies not in what belief system one adheres too, it lies in the fanaticism & bigotry in adhering to that belief system.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
AbuJarir
Posts: 91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 3:29:23 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
The Dajjal/Anti-Christ will encourage atheism. So tell Oh those of you whom hold not even an atom's weight of faith what shall you say when Jesus(SAAWS) returns and your leaders are umong you in the fire?
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 3:31:17 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/31/2015 3:28:40 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/31/2015 3:24:42 AM, Wylted wrote:

Freedom is a natural law,

- Is it?

Yes, and if you're religious it is a God Given law, as he wrote his laws not only in your book, but in nature.

and governments work better when they only create laws concerning the negative rights of men.

- Although this looks like a total opinion, 'better' implies a scale, which scale is that?

I'd use freedom, prosperity and technological development as markers to indicate better.

- Also, the relevant issue here lies not in what belief system one adheres too, it lies in the fanaticism & bigotry in adhering to that belief system.

Is fanaticism bad, when your belief system is correct?
AbuJarir
Posts: 91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 3:37:58 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/31/2015 3:31:17 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/31/2015 3:28:40 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 12/31/2015 3:24:42 AM, Wylted wrote:

Freedom is a natural law,

- Is it?

Yes, and if you're religious it is a God Given law, as he wrote his laws not only in your book, but in nature.

and governments work better when they only create laws concerning the negative rights of men.

- Although this looks like a total opinion, 'better' implies a scale, which scale is that?

I'd use freedom, prosperity and technological development as markers to indicate better.

- Also, the relevant issue here lies not in what belief system one adheres too, it lies in the fanaticism & bigotry in adhering to that belief system.

Is fanaticism bad, when your belief system is correct?

Welcome friend the atheists are so arrogant when told the supreme truth of God they refute it in their blindness to the truth and deafness so they are indeed dumb too.
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2015 3:38:00 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/31/2015 3:31:17 AM, Wylted wrote:

Yes, and if you're religious it is a God Given law, as he wrote his laws not only in your book,

- I am religious, & to me freedom = submission to God.

but in nature.

- Where exactly?

I'd use freedom,

- You'd use freedom as a scale to decide betterness of "freedom"? Circular reasoning!

prosperity

- What is prosperity according to you?

and technological development as markers to indicate better.

- I'd really like to see you prove that!

Is fanaticism bad, when your belief system is correct?

- Is is, unless according to a belief system which advocates it.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...