John 20:17

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 6:44:47 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Which says:

John 20:17 American Standard Version (ASV) 17 Jesus saith to her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended unto the Father: but go unto my brethren, and say to them, I ascend unto my Father and your Father, and my God and your God.

His own words. He has a God. One whom he worships.

The JWs, and I worship the same God that Christ told Mary they worshipped, and in some cases (Christ and the resurrected anointed) do now.

Which should you worship?

The one being worshipped by Christ and his disciples?

Or Christ?

Why worship the 2IC when you can worship his boss?
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 6:56:32 PM
At 1/1/2016 6:44:47 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Which says:

John 20:17 American Standard Version (ASV) 17 Jesus saith to her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended unto the Father: but go unto my brethren, and say to them, I ascend unto my Father and your Father, and my God and your God.

The JWs, and I worship the same God that Christ told Mary they worshipped, and in some cases (Christ and the resurrected anointed) do now.

Or Christ?

I might also add John 17:3 to this, which states:
"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent." (NIV)

So there is one "true God," who is identified as the father. There is also a person who that true God has sent, Jesus Christ. I guess trinitarians just prefer to modify the words of Jesus when he said this to include him and the holy ghost.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2016 7:20:02 PM
At 1/1/2016 6:56:32 PM, tstor wrote:
Which says:

Or Christ?

"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent." (NIV)

Very true, and no mention of holy spirit in there.

Why?

Because holy spirit is not a person that you can get to know.

So there is one "true God," who is identified as the father. There is also a person who that true God has sent, Jesus Christ. I guess trinitarians just prefer to modify the words of Jesus when he said this to include him and the holy ghost.

Yes, it is very clear that Jesus was saying that we need to get to know two separate beings, one of which was him, the other of which is the father. If the were co-equal, as the trinity teaching suggests you would only need to get to know one of them.

Good points, both of them.
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 12:30:57 AM
Which says:

Or Christ?

You do not worship the God of the Bible. You worship yourself, the so called "white" man. The homo god, the "all loving" god. That god is not The Most High God, that god is the so called "white" man.
be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 1:15:13 AM
Which says:

Or Christ?

There are some issues here MCB,

The very first two commandments in the bible are,

Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Now look closely at the next one:

Exodus 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
Exodus 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Now let's take a look at what happened at the birth of Jesus.

Matthew 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh.

Jesus was even worshiped at His birth!

Now let's look at revelations:

Jesus says this:

Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Isaiah also testifies to this:

Isaiah 41:4 Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Jesus didn't just show up in the NT Sir.

Now let's take a look at an example of a man who accepted worship...

This is in regards to King Herod:

Acts 12:21 And upon a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat upon his throne, and made an oration unto them.
Acts 12:22 And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man.
Acts 12:23 And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.

Now let's look at what an angel tells John the Revelator:

Revelation 22:8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
Revelation 22:9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

That was an angle...NOT Jesus in that passage.

Revelation 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

That is in reference to Jesus, as John Ch 1 also testifies of the same. Jesus was not just a man. Even the most revered man in the bible before Jesus, (Moses,) never made the claim that salvation was through him . John the Baptist even stated that he was not worthy to lose the strap of Jesus' shoe. There is only one who ever walked this earth who could make that claim. Jesus.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 2:01:35 PM
At 1/2/2016 1:15:13 AM, be_diligent wrote:
Which says:

Or Christ?

There are some issues here MCB,

The very first two commandments in the bible are,

Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Now look closely at the next one:

Exodus 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
Exodus 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Now let's take a look at what happened at the birth of Jesus.

Matthew 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh.

Jesus was even worshiped at His birth!

Now let's look at revelations:

Jesus says this:

Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Isaiah also testifies to this:

Isaiah 41:4 Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Jesus didn't just show up in the NT Sir.

Now let's take a look at an example of a man who accepted worship...

This is in regards to King Herod:

Acts 12:21 And upon a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat upon his throne, and made an oration unto them.
Acts 12:22 And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man.
Acts 12:23 And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.

Now let's look at what an angel tells John the Revelator:

Revelation 22:8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
Revelation 22:9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

That was an angle...NOT Jesus in that passage.

Revelation 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

That is in reference to Jesus, as John Ch 1 also testifies of the same. Jesus was not just a man. Even the most revered man in the bible before Jesus, (Moses,) never made the claim that salvation was through him . John the Baptist even stated that he was not worthy to lose the strap of Jesus' shoe. There is only one who ever walked this earth who could make that claim. Jesus.

I'm not entirely sure what you are getting at here, so I will restrict myself to these few comments.

Firstly worship has many levels.

Only Jehovah, the one true God can rightly be given our ultimate worship and service. That is perfectly correct.

Christ, as his appointed King now, can be given relative worship, and obedience to the authority given him by his father.

A lot hinges on what you understand by the word "worship"

Strictly speaking all it really means, in scriptural terms is "respect".

Ultimate respect goes to Jehovah because he is the original source of everything, even the fact that I am able to see the truth in scripture is because of his will that such as I am enabled to in order that we can pass it on to others.

Since Adam's fall, we have been too unholy, to imperfect, for Jehovah to deal with directly so his son became his spokesman, or word.

When you give relative worship, respect and honour to him you are simply acknowledging his authority and the source of that authority, Jehovah.

But remember such worship, etc., must only be relative, and must also show respect for the source of his authority, Jehovah.

You are correct in pointing out that the one John attempted to worship, in his overawed state, was indeed an Angel, not Christ.

The Bible itself doesn't make this distinction but does show it directly. At every point after his resurrection, it is not truly Jesus who is meant, that name is simply used to provide continuity. In fact Jesus died, and it was not he who was resurrected, but the one occupying that body at the time, Jehovah's only begotten son, the Word or Michael.

Jesus was a human, albeit a very special one created after the fashion of Adam in Mary's womb.

He was brought up by Mary to be well aware of his planned destiny, and obediently presented himself for baptism, as was necessary for the spirit of Michael / the Word, to be implanted in him so that Michael / the Word could become incarnate.

What happened to the original spirit of Jesus we are not told, nor is it important, suffice it to say that for his faithfulness he will receive whatever reward Jehovah sees as fitting.

From that point on Jehovah's only begotten son became Jesus to all intents and purposes. John 1:14

Thus it was God's only begotten son who was resurrected, and who materialised a body so that his disciples could see him and be strengthened by him.

Even in that state he declared to Mary that he has a God John 20:17.

Jesus worshipped his father.

If we are to imitate him, as all Christians must, then we must worship that same God, Jehovah, not the son.

Simple as that.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 2:03:25 PM
At 1/2/2016 12:30:57 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
Which says:

Or Christ?

You do not worship the God of the Bible. You worship yourself, the so called "white" man. The homo god, the "all loving" god. That god is not The Most High God, that god is the so called "white" man.

On the contrary, I do not even know what you are talking about there.

I most definitely do worship the God of the Bible, Jehovah, just as Christ and the Apostles did before me.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 3:19:52 PM
Which says:

Or Christ?

Ok what dose this mean, this is the KJV translated from the Hebrew, Greek and Latin text.

1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2: The same was in the beginning with God.
3: All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4: In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5: And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6: There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7: The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8: He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9: That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
10: He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11: He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12: But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14: And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Note that the Word was made flesh. Note where the Word of God is from, also note just like mentioned in the OT as you"ve posted, that God"s Word that is of Him from Him returns to Him fulfilled.

God being the source of His Word that is God (see verse 1) because it's just as much a part of Him as His Presence is. Even though His Word goes out from Him and returns to Him.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 8:53:19 PM
At 1/2/2016 3:19:52 PM, DPMartin wrote:
Which says:

Or Christ?

Ok what dose this mean, this is the KJV translated from the Hebrew, Greek and Latin text.

1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2: The same was in the beginning with God.
3: All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4: In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5: And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6: There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7: The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8: He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9: That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
10: He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11: He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12: But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14: And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Note that the Word was made flesh. Note where the Word of God is from, also note just like mentioned in the OT as you"ve posted, that God"s Word that is of Him from Him returns to Him fulfilled.

God being the source of His Word that is God (see verse 1) because it's just as much a part of Him as His Presence is. Even though His Word goes out from Him and returns to Him.

To put it bluntly it simply means that someone has been seriously mistranslating again.

Nothing you have said, apart from your quotation of John 1:1, goes in the least part against what scripture teaches.

The Word, AKA Michael, never was never could be, God.

A god yes, but not the God.

He was exactly what John 1:14 says he was, Jehovah's only begotten son, the only solo creation of Jehovah.

That is what the sum total of scripture points to, and nothing else.

Also God's son, whether as the word, or as the Christ, is also shown by scripture to be subservient to his father, never his equal.

Even by his own, post resurrection word, he still has a God to worship John 20:17

The simple fact is:

Jehovah created his son who became the Word.

His son then worked with him in creating everything else.

They are not a trinity, especially since holy spirit is not a person at all, and has no defined personality, which is why atJohn 17:3 Jesus only tells us to learn about him, and about his father. As far as holy spirit goes there is nothing to learn.

You can deny that all you like, right up to your last breath if you wish. It remains true.

No doubt you also subscribe to that most libellous of beliefs, that Jehovah has a hell of torment into which sinners go. Nothing could be further from what scripture actually teaches.

Death is the price of sin. Having paid that price for their sins God is not so unjust as to ask them to endure torment. Nor is he a sadist who enjoys torture and torment. Simple as.
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 9:13:44 PM
At 1/2/2016 2:03:25 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Which says:

Or Christ?

I most definitely do worship the God of the Bible, Jehovah, just as Christ and the Apostles did before me.

I'm talking about YOUR god and YOUR jesus. YOUR "white" god and "white" jesus that you worship. Or shall I say your green god and green jesus, since you say jesus was most likely olive (even though there are two different color of olives: green and black), by the way, there is no such thing as a green person. But anywho, your god and jesus loves everyone, the God and the Christ of the Bible only love the Israelites and have never taught any doctrine about "spiritual Israelites." Thus, you do not worship the God of the Bible.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 10:27:04 PM
At 1/2/2016 9:13:44 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 1/2/2016 2:03:25 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Which says:

Or Christ?

I'm talking about YOUR god and YOUR jesus. YOUR "white" god and "white" jesus that you worship. Or shall I say your green god and green jesus, since you say jesus was most likely olive (even though there are two different color of olives: green and black), by the way, there is no such thing as a green person. But anywho, your god and jesus loves everyone, the God and the Christ of the Bible only love the Israelites and have never taught any doctrine about "spiritual Israelites." Thus, you do not worship the God of the Bible.

My god has no colour.

Jesus was probably olive skinned coming from the middle east.

But what has that to do with anything?

Yes they love everyone, but obviously they love those most who are prepared to live in the right way.

No, Jesus never used the word Spiritual Israelites, that came later, but he did teach a very exclusive faith which few would accept.

It excludes all those who do not love truth, whether it be comfortable or not. John 4:23-24.

It excludes all those who are not prepared to obey, and d the will of, his father.

It excludes all those who value this life more highly than obedience to him and his father. Matthew 10: 34-39.

It excludes all those who lie and practice fornication, which is any form of sexual behaviour outside of the marriage bond of one man one woman. Matthew 5:27-29.

I follow a King who taught that few would fid the road to life. Matthew 7:13-14.

I worship a God who is going to avenge all who have made his faithful people suffer in any way at any time, by destroying them forever. Revelation 20:7-10.

The God I worship is most definitely the God of the Bible, the same God that Christ worshipped.

The one who in defence of his own people wiped out mighty nations, and will do so again at Armageddon.

The one who destroyed a whole world full of people who would not listen to his warnings, in order to protect Noah and his faithful family.

The one who will do so again at Armageddon and again at the final test.

Yes I worship a God, the God, who loves all people but will not hesitate to destroy them if they do not heed the warning he is having spread throughout the earth by his servants today, just as Noah did back then, though he only had one continent to deal with.

Do you think for one moment he didn't love all the people he had to destroy? Well he did, but that didn't stop him doing what was right all the same.

No, my God has no colour, and yes Christ was what they call Olive Skinned, which is basically a light brown colour.

But as I say, so what colour means nothing to him, only obedience to two simple laws:

You must love Jehovah with your whole heart, your whole mind and your whole being.

And.

You must love your fellow man as yourself.

That's the God I worship. That is the God that Christ worships still, as well as those of the anointed who have already gone to heaven to rule with the Christ.
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 10:53:21 PM
At 1/2/2016 10:27:04 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

My god has no colour.

That's how I know you don't worship the God of the Bible. Show me the Scripture(s) that say God has no color.

So he was black? Because there is no such thing as a green person. Olives come in two colors: black and green.

If you claim your god has no color, then you are not worshiping the God of the Bible.

Yes they love everyone, but obviously they love those most who are prepared to live in the right way.

No Scripture?

No, Jesus never used the word Spiritual Israelites, that came later, but he did teach a very exclusive faith which few would accept.

So Jesus never taught about "spiritual Israelites" it came later. Which indicates that is not a teaching of Christ, it is of man.

It excludes all those who do not love truth, whether it be comfortable or not. John 4:23-24.

In v24 -- "God is a Spirit," -- What does that mean? Does that mean HE is literally a spirit?

It excludes all those who are not prepared to obey, and d the will of, his father.

What is the will of the heavenly father?

It excludes all those who value this life more highly than obedience to him and his father. Matthew 10: 34-39.

The Scriptures don't pertain to you or your nation, so either way, you will receive the sword (destruction).

It excludes all those who lie and practice fornication, which is any form of sexual behaviour outside of the marriage bond of one man one woman. Matthew 5:27-29.

Like the JW's?

I follow a King who taught that few would fid the road to life. Matthew 7:13-14.

No, you follow a king that loves everybody, and the King in the Bible, does not love everybody nor did He come for everybody (Matthew 15:24).

I worship a God who is going to avenge all who have made his faithful people suffer in any way at any time, by destroying them forever. Revelation 20:7-10.

You do realize that it is your people, along with the china man, arab, indian, japanese, africa, etc... that are going to be destroyed...right? Who are the Saints of The Most High God?

The God I worship is most definitely the God of the Bible, the same God that Christ worshipped.

YOUR christ worships himself, YOUR god is yourself. The God of the Bible only loves Israel and HE is only the God of Israel, none else (Joel 2:27).

The one who in defence of his own people wiped out mighty nations, and will do so again at Armageddon.

And you will be wiped out with the rest of your people.

The one who destroyed a whole world full of people who would not listen to his warnings, in order to protect Noah and his faithful family.

Yes I worship a God, the God, who loves all people but will not hesitate to destroy them if they do not heed the warning he is having spread throughout the earth by his servants today, just as Noah did back then, though he only had one continent to deal with.

Can you show me the Scripture(s) that say God loves everybody?

Do you think for one moment he didn't love all the people he had to destroy? Well he did, but that didn't stop him doing what was right all the same.

Show me the Scripture(s) that say God loves everyone.

No, my God has no colour, and yes Christ was what they call Olive Skinned, which is basically a light brown colour.

Light brown? Can you show me this in Scripture?

But as I say, so what colour means nothing to him, only obedience to two simple laws:

If color means nothing to HIM, why is color in the Bible?

You must love Jehovah with your whole heart, your whole mind and your whole being.

What does it mean to love God with your whole "heart"?

And.

And...that was a commandment to the Israelites, not all nations.

That's the God I worship. That is the God that Christ worships still, as well as those of the anointed who have already gone to heaven to rule with the Christ.

That is not the God of the Bible. That is YOUR god and YOUR jesus, which YOUR people created.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2016 1:16:03 PM
At 1/2/2016 10:53:21 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:

My god has no colour.

That's how I know you don't worship the God of the Bible. Show me the Scripture(s) that say God has no color.

So he was black? Because there is no such thing as a green person. Olives come in two colors: black and green.

If you claim your god has no color, then you are not worshiping the God of the Bible.

No Scripture?

So Jesus never taught about "spiritual Israelites" it came later. Which indicates that is not a teaching of Christ, it is of man.

In v24 -- "God is a Spirit," -- What does that mean? Does that mean HE is literally a spirit?

The Scriptures don't pertain to you or your nation, so either way, you will receive the sword (destruction).

Like the JW's?

No, you follow a king that loves everybody, and the King in the Bible, does not love everybody nor did He come for everybody (Matthew 15:24).

You do realize that it is your people, along with the china man, arab, indian, japanese, africa, etc... that are going to be destroyed...right? Who are the Saints of The Most High God?

YOUR christ worships himself, YOUR god is yourself. The God of the Bible only loves Israel and HE is only the God of Israel, none else (Joel 2:27).

And.

That is not the God of the Bible. That is YOUR god and YOUR jesus, which YOUR people created.

Nope, definitely the God of the Bible.
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2016 5:45:56 PM
At 1/3/2016 1:16:03 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

My god has no colour.

No Scripture?

Like the JW's?

And.

Nope, definitely not the God of the Bible. Can you answer any of my questions? Can you prove anything you posted, with Scriptures?
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2016 7:16:30 PM
At 1/3/2016 5:45:56 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:

My god has no colour.

No Scripture?

Like the JW's?

And.

Nope, definitely not the God of the Bible. Can you answer any of my questions? Can you prove anything you posted, with Scriptures?

I can prove everything I have posted on here with scriptures, but you comments betray you as a time waster.
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2016 8:19:01 PM
At 1/3/2016 7:16:30 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/3/2016 5:45:56 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:

My god has no colour.

No Scripture?

Like the JW's?

And.

I can prove everything I have posted on here with scriptures, but you comments betray you as a time waster.

Really, so prove that Jesus Christ was "light brown." Prove that God loves everyone. Prove that "spiritual Israelite" is something that Christ taught.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2016 12:08:18 AM
At 1/3/2016 8:19:01 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:

Really, so prove that Jesus Christ was "light brown." Prove that God loves everyone. Prove that "spiritual Israelite" is something that Christ taught.

If you know scripture then you know that it is.
TheWORDisLIFE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2016 3:11:49 AM
At 1/4/2016 12:08:18 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

If it's in the Bible, why can't you easily prove it? What color is brass?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2016 4:09:36 AM
At 1/1/2016 7:20:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Which says:

Or Christ?

Why?

Yes, it is very clear that Jesus was saying that we need to get to know two separate beings, one of which was him, the other of which is the father. If the were co-equal, as the trinity teaching suggests you would only need to get to know one of them.

That last sentence is ridiculous. Patently absurd. In the first place, "co-equal" would involved quite a bit of speculation and guesswork. Of course, the WatchTower is no stranger to such a program, but I'd shy away from it. It doesn't matter to me.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2016 4:16:10 AM

John 14:9: ESV Story Book
Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, "Show us the Father"?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2016 4:46:12 AM
Jesus never said anything.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2016 4:54:58 AM
Leaving aside the fact that none of those battles ever occurred, if they did then they were tribes not great nations.
Grow up
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2016 6:46:00 AM
Which says:

Or Christ?

Why?

Are you implying you can't get to know it ?
Is Jehovah God a SPIRIT or a person?
Scripture claims he is a spirit.
John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

If God is a Spirit, is he a different spirit to the holy spirit or is he also a holy spirit?
How many holy spirits are there MCB ?
Is one holy spirit a person you can get to know and the other not a person you can get to know?

What makes you claim Jehovah is a person that you can get to know and a spirit is not?
Have the JW's written a new scripture that claims God is a person ?

So there is one "true God," who is identified as the father.
And Jesus said that God was a spirit.
What scripture says God is a person ?
Could it be the imaginary scripture in your confused mind?

There is also a person who that true God has sent, Jesus Christ. I guess trinitarians just prefer to modify the words of Jesus when he said this to include him and the holy ghost.

I guess the JW's prefer to modify scripture to fit their false doctrines too.

Num 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2016 7:05:14 AM
At 1/4/2016 4:46:12 AM, bulproof wrote:

Be fair Bully, the story book character said a lot of thing in the stories about him.

The serpent never said anything either but the story says he did and believers obviously believe a serpent can talk.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2016 1:42:17 PM
At 1/4/2016 7:05:14 AM, Skyangel wrote:

Be fair Bully, the story book character said a lot of thing in the stories about him.

The serpent never said anything either but the story says he did and believers obviously believe a serpent can talk.

Wrong as usual, scripture shows us that Eve thought a serpent was speaking to her.

Whether that was Satan in the guise of a serpent speaking, or just Satan using the serpent as the equivalent of a ventriloquists dummy.

Whichever, we know that Even believed she was being spoken to by a serpent, and that was enough for her to believe it was miraculous and worth listening to.

Your lack of understanding knows no limits it would appear.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2016 1:53:00 PM
At 1/4/2016 6:46:00 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Which says:

Or Christ?

Why?

Are you implying you can't get to know it ?
Is Jehovah God a SPIRIT or a person?
Scripture claims he is a spirit.
John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

If God is a Spirit, is he a different spirit to the holy spirit or is he also a holy spirit?
How many holy spirits are there MCB ?
Is one holy spirit a person you can get to know and the other not a person you can get to know?

What makes you claim Jehovah is a person that you can get to know and a spirit is not?
Have the JW's written a new scripture that claims God is a person ?

So there is one "true God," who is identified as the father.
And Jesus said that God was a spirit.
Could it be the imaginary scripture in your confused mind?

There is also a person who that true God has sent, Jesus Christ. I guess trinitarians just prefer to modify the words of Jesus when he said this to include him and the holy ghost.

I guess the JW's prefer to modify scripture to fit their false doctrines too.

No they do not. They like to straighten out the messes others have made, in order that by sorting them out they can maintain the overall harmony of scripture from Gensis to Revelation.

After all, as the word of God it has to be harmnious from end to end.

The whole Bible does.

Also we are told to get to know him. For any to get to know him he must have a personality for us to get to know, therefore he is a person.

Scripture reveals that he has likes and dislikes. That makes him a person.

Scripture shows that he has a strong moral compass. That makes him a person.

Scripture shows he is loyal to those loyal to him, and will stop at very little to protect them when needed. That makes him a person.

Scripture shows that he has what some would see as an exaggerated sense of Justice, or he would not have allowed Satan 7,000 years in order to prove his case. That also makes him a person.

Num 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

That is true, he is not a man, but he is a person with, as that scripture shows, such a high moral standard that it is impossible for him to knowingly lie.

When he needed his enemies to be deceived he had to send a demon to do it. He is not above using Satan's own forces against him, but he cannot lie himself, nor does he ask his loyal ones to do so.

No doubt the demon also enjoyed deceiving humans, it was just good fun to them.

Yes, Jehovah is indeed a person in that he has a definable personality, as any who accept his invitation, or Christ's command, to get to know him soon find out.

He is a person who wants us to draw close to him, asks us to, and promises to draw close to those, such as I, who try to get close to him..
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2016 1:55:02 PM
At 1/4/2016 4:54:58 AM, bulproof wrote:
Leaving aside the fact that none of those battles ever occurred, if they did then they were tribes not great nations.
Grow up

Lol, I see that my nickname for you is catching on Bully, lol, Very apt.

Except of course they did, lol.

It seems you need to grow up, grow a pair, and face reality, lol.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2016 1:57:12 PM
At 1/4/2016 3:11:49 AM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 1/4/2016 12:08:18 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

If it's in the Bible, why can't you easily prove it? What color is brass?

It is brass coloured, and that depends on various factors.

Scripture remains true and everything I teach comes from scripture as you should know by now, you have seen enough proofs from me

It is the word of God, how can it not be true?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2016 1:58:14 PM
Why is this thread labeled John 20:17, when you can't run for president that year. Shouldn't you be supporting John 2016?
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2016 1:58:24 PM

He said a lot.

Less than you of course, but what he said made sense, which is more than can be said for your posts on here normally.