Total Posts:80|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

As an Atheist

xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 5:20:47 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
As an atheist, why do you care to argue with religious people that God doesn't exist? It would seem that you certainly have no obligation to do so. In fact, if there is no afterlife I would rather be using the precious time I have here on Earth doing something more enjoyable.
Nolite Timere
distraff
Posts: 1,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 6:35:34 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 5:20:47 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
As an atheist, why do you care to argue with religious people that God doesn't exist? It would seem that you certainly have no obligation to do so. In fact, if there is no afterlife I would rather be using the precious time I have here on Earth doing something more enjoyable.

Well, because they enjoy debating, especially on a topic where the opposition has such weak evidence. It is so easy to win a debate as an atheist.

Just found this bible verse:
Deuteronomy 23:2
No one born of a forbidden marriage nor any of their descendants may enter the assembly of the LORD, not even in the tenth generation.

1 Corinthians 14:34
Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says.

Matthew 19
8 Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning.
9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery."

It is so incredibly easy to dig up dirt on the christian position which to the atheist is full of holes as I have shown above and lacks any substantial evidence.

Christians often try to use the cosmological argument for the existence of God:
(1) Everything that exists has a cause of its existence.
(2) The universe exists.
Therefore:
(3) The universe has a cause of its existence.
(4) If the universe has a cause of its existence, then that cause is God.
Therefore:
(5) God exists.

The biggest hole in this argument is premise #4. You will hear a lot of various defenses of #4 but nothing really that strong. It basically amounts to trying to prove that only a non-material mind (which they don't even demonstrate can even exist by the way) could create this universe from outside of the space-time of this universe using philosophy.
Gentorev
Posts: 2,948
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 6:35:57 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 5:20:47 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
As an atheist, why do you care to argue with religious people that God doesn't exist? It would seem that you certainly have no obligation to do so. In fact, if there is no afterlife I would rather be using the precious time I have here on Earth doing something more enjoyable.

One definition of religion is, "Any objective pursued with zeal and conscientious devotion."

To many of those who belong to the godless class, atheism has become their religion, for this reason, it is with conscientious devotion they haunt all the various religious forums, in their endless pursuit to win as many believers as possible away from the truth and over to their godless doctrines.
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 7:02:08 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 6:35:57 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 5:20:47 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
As an atheist, why do you care to argue with religious people that God doesn't exist? It would seem that you certainly have no obligation to do so. In fact, if there is no afterlife I would rather be using the precious time I have here on Earth doing something more enjoyable.

One definition of religion is, "Any objective pursued with zeal and conscientious devotion."

To many of those who belong to the godless class, atheism has become their religion, for this reason, it is with conscientious devotion they haunt all the various religious forums, in their endless pursuit to win as many believers as possible away from the truth and over to their godless doctrines.
We don't try to deconvert you we just find it amusing watching the believers squirm an wriggle trying to defend and support the beliefs that have no factual support.
Gentorev
Posts: 2,948
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 7:34:39 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 7:02:08 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2016 6:35:57 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 5:20:47 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
As an atheist, why do you care to argue with religious people that God doesn't exist? It would seem that you certainly have no obligation to do so. In fact, if there is no afterlife I would rather be using the precious time I have here on Earth doing something more enjoyable.

One definition of religion is, "Any objective pursued with zeal and conscientious devotion."

To many of those who belong to the godless class, atheism has become their religion, for this reason, it is with conscientious devotion they haunt all the various religious forums, in their endless pursuit to win as many believers as possible away from the truth and over to their godless doctrines.
We don't try to deconvert you we just find it amusing watching the believers squirm an wriggle trying to defend and support the beliefs that have no factual support.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT OF THE BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS OF GALAXIES WITHIN THIS COSMOS IN WHICH THERE ARE COUNTLESS TRILLIONS OF PLANETS, THAT THIS EARTH IS THE ONLY PLANET TO HAVE EVOLVED, INTELLECTUAL LIFE FORMS, AND DO YOU BELIEVE THAT A PERSON WOULD HAVE TO BE NAIVE AND STUPID TO BELIEVE THAT THERE IS INTELLENT LIFE OUT THERE SOMEWHERE, A BELIEF FOR WHICH THEY CAN OFFER ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF?

Being one who demands proof of every other persons belief, you must therefore deny the existence of any other life forms and especially a life form far superior to mankind and that we are alone in the cosmos
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 7:41:46 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 7:34:39 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 7:02:08 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2016 6:35:57 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 5:20:47 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
As an atheist, why do you care to argue with religious people that God doesn't exist? It would seem that you certainly have no obligation to do so. In fact, if there is no afterlife I would rather be using the precious time I have here on Earth doing something more enjoyable.

One definition of religion is, "Any objective pursued with zeal and conscientious devotion."

To many of those who belong to the godless class, atheism has become their religion, for this reason, it is with conscientious devotion they haunt all the various religious forums, in their endless pursuit to win as many believers as possible away from the truth and over to their godless doctrines.
We don't try to deconvert you we just find it amusing watching the believers squirm an wriggle trying to defend and support the beliefs that have no factual support.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT OF THE BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS OF GALAXIES WITHIN THIS COSMOS IN WHICH THERE ARE COUNTLESS TRILLIONS OF PLANETS, THAT THIS EARTH IS THE ONLY PLANET TO HAVE EVOLVED, INTELLECTUAL LIFE FORMS, AND DO YOU BELIEVE THAT A PERSON WOULD HAVE TO BE NAIVE AND STUPID TO BELIEVE THAT THERE IS INTELLENT LIFE OUT THERE SOMEWHERE, A BELIEF FOR WHICH THEY CAN OFFER ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF?

Being one who demands proof of every other persons belief, you must therefore deny the existence of any other life forms and especially a life form far superior to mankind and that we are alone in the cosmos

So now you have a religion involving extraterrestrials? Do you have any evidence to support this or do you have as much evidence as you do for your gods, ie nothing.
Gentorev
Posts: 2,948
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 9:22:48 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 7:41:46 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2016 7:34:39 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 7:02:08 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2016 6:35:57 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 5:20:47 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
As an atheist, why do you care to argue with religious people that God doesn't exist? It would seem that you certainly have no obligation to do so. In fact, if there is no afterlife I would rather be using the precious time I have here on Earth doing something more enjoyable.

One definition of religion is, "Any objective pursued with zeal and conscientious devotion."

To many of those who belong to the godless class, atheism has become their religion, for this reason, it is with conscientious devotion they haunt all the various religious forums, in their endless pursuit to win as many believers as possible away from the truth and over to their godless doctrines.
We don't try to deconvert you we just find it amusing watching the believers squirm an wriggle trying to defend and support the beliefs that have no factual support.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT OF THE BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS OF GALAXIES WITHIN THIS COSMOS IN WHICH THERE ARE COUNTLESS TRILLIONS OF PLANETS, THAT THIS EARTH IS THE ONLY PLANET TO HAVE EVOLVED, INTELLECTUAL LIFE FORMS, AND DO YOU BELIEVE THAT A PERSON WOULD HAVE TO BE NAIVE AND STUPID TO BELIEVE THAT THERE IS INTELLENT LIFE OUT THERE SOMEWHERE, A BELIEF FOR WHICH THEY CAN OFFER ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF?

Being one who demands proof of every other persons belief, you must therefore deny the existence of any other life forms and especially a life form far superior to mankind and that we are alone in the cosmos

So now you have a religion involving extraterrestrials? Do you have any evidence to support this or do you have as much evidence as you do for your gods, ie nothing.

Having absolutely no proof that other intelligent life forms exist somewhere in this eternal and boundless cosmos, I am not so naive as to believe that earth is the only planet to have evolved intelligent life.

You, on the other hand, having no evidence to confirm that there could be other intelligent life out there, must now deny that any intelligent life form other than mankind has ever evolved anywhere within this boundless cosmos.
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 10:09:19 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 9:22:48 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 7:41:46 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2016 7:34:39 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 7:02:08 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2016 6:35:57 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 5:20:47 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
As an atheist, why do you care to argue with religious people that God doesn't exist? It would seem that you certainly have no obligation to do so. In fact, if there is no afterlife I would rather be using the precious time I have here on Earth doing something more enjoyable.

One definition of religion is, "Any objective pursued with zeal and conscientious devotion."

To many of those who belong to the godless class, atheism has become their religion, for this reason, it is with conscientious devotion they haunt all the various religious forums, in their endless pursuit to win as many believers as possible away from the truth and over to their godless doctrines.
We don't try to deconvert you we just find it amusing watching the believers squirm an wriggle trying to defend and support the beliefs that have no factual support.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT OF THE BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS OF GALAXIES WITHIN THIS COSMOS IN WHICH THERE ARE COUNTLESS TRILLIONS OF PLANETS, THAT THIS EARTH IS THE ONLY PLANET TO HAVE EVOLVED, INTELLECTUAL LIFE FORMS, AND DO YOU BELIEVE THAT A PERSON WOULD HAVE TO BE NAIVE AND STUPID TO BELIEVE THAT THERE IS INTELLENT LIFE OUT THERE SOMEWHERE, A BELIEF FOR WHICH THEY CAN OFFER ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF?

Being one who demands proof of every other persons belief, you must therefore deny the existence of any other life forms and especially a life form far superior to mankind and that we are alone in the cosmos

So now you have a religion involving extraterrestrials? Do you have any evidence to support this or do you have as much evidence as you do for your gods, ie nothing.

Having absolutely no proof that other intelligent life forms exist somewhere in this eternal and boundless cosmos, I am not so naive as to believe that earth is the only planet to have evolved intelligent life.

You, on the other hand, having no evidence to confirm that there could be other intelligent life out there, must now deny that any intelligent life form other than mankind has ever evolved anywhere within this boundless cosmos.
That's one of the funny things about godbotherers, they think that they have the right to tell people what they must think, hilarious coming from godbotherers who lack even a capacity for thought.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 10:23:03 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 5:20:47 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
As an atheist, why do you care to argue with religious people that God doesn't exist? It would seem that you certainly have no obligation to do so. In fact, if there is no afterlife I would rather be using the precious time I have here on Earth doing something more enjoyable.

I make a point of challenging the, 'you must be saved, or else', evil dogma which spoilt my childhood. It is emotionally abusive when directed at children and the vulnerable. That dogma has no evidence to substantiate it.
Gentorev
Posts: 2,948
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 10:45:11 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 10:09:19 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2016 9:22:48 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 7:41:46 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2016 7:34:39 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 7:02:08 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2016 6:35:57 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 5:20:47 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
As an atheist, why do you care to argue with religious people that God doesn't exist? It would seem that you certainly have no obligation to do so. In fact, if there is no afterlife I would rather be using the precious time I have here on Earth doing something more enjoyable.

One definition of religion is, "Any objective pursued with zeal and conscientious devotion."

To many of those who belong to the godless class, atheism has become their religion, for this reason, it is with conscientious devotion they haunt all the various religious forums, in their endless pursuit to win as many believers as possible away from the truth and over to their godless doctrines.
We don't try to deconvert you we just find it amusing watching the believers squirm an wriggle trying to defend and support the beliefs that have no factual support.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT OF THE BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS OF GALAXIES WITHIN THIS COSMOS IN WHICH THERE ARE COUNTLESS TRILLIONS OF PLANETS, THAT THIS EARTH IS THE ONLY PLANET TO HAVE EVOLVED, INTELLECTUAL LIFE FORMS, AND DO YOU BELIEVE THAT A PERSON WOULD HAVE TO BE NAIVE AND STUPID TO BELIEVE THAT THERE IS INTELLENT LIFE OUT THERE SOMEWHERE, A BELIEF FOR WHICH THEY CAN OFFER ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF?

Being one who demands proof of every other persons belief, you must therefore deny the existence of any other life forms and especially a life form far superior to mankind and that we are alone in the cosmos

So now you have a religion involving extraterrestrials? Do you have any evidence to support this or do you have as much evidence as you do for your gods, ie nothing.

Having absolutely no proof that other intelligent life forms exist somewhere in this eternal and boundless cosmos, I am not so naive as to believe that earth is the only planet to have evolved intelligent life.

You, on the other hand, having no evidence to confirm that there could be other intelligent life out there, must now deny that any intelligent life form other than mankind has ever evolved anywhere within this boundless cosmos.
That's one of the funny things about godbotherers, they think that they have the right to tell people what they must think, hilarious coming from godbotherers who lack even a capacity for thought.

Oh don't you worry about that bullpoof, I certainly have the ability to think, and I think that you believe that there are other intelligent life forms somewhere out there in this boundless cosmos, but you can't admit that, can you? For to do so, you would believe by faith alone with no supporting, evidence, you would put yourself in the same position as the believers that you condemn as idiots.

So, like all atheists who demand evidence, you are now seen as a small minded, naive person who denies the possibility of intelligent life existing somewhere in the boundless cosmos, because you have never seen one, touched one, or heard one. Go talk to your atheist brothers and see if they are as naive as yourself.
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 10:52:17 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 10:45:11 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 10:09:19 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2016 9:22:48 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 7:41:46 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2016 7:34:39 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 7:02:08 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2016 6:35:57 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 5:20:47 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
As an atheist, why do you care to argue with religious people that God doesn't exist? It would seem that you certainly have no obligation to do so. In fact, if there is no afterlife I would rather be using the precious time I have here on Earth doing something more enjoyable.

One definition of religion is, "Any objective pursued with zeal and conscientious devotion."

To many of those who belong to the godless class, atheism has become their religion, for this reason, it is with conscientious devotion they haunt all the various religious forums, in their endless pursuit to win as many believers as possible away from the truth and over to their godless doctrines.
We don't try to deconvert you we just find it amusing watching the believers squirm an wriggle trying to defend and support the beliefs that have no factual support.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT OF THE BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS OF GALAXIES WITHIN THIS COSMOS IN WHICH THERE ARE COUNTLESS TRILLIONS OF PLANETS, THAT THIS EARTH IS THE ONLY PLANET TO HAVE EVOLVED, INTELLECTUAL LIFE FORMS, AND DO YOU BELIEVE THAT A PERSON WOULD HAVE TO BE NAIVE AND STUPID TO BELIEVE THAT THERE IS INTELLENT LIFE OUT THERE SOMEWHERE, A BELIEF FOR WHICH THEY CAN OFFER ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF?

Being one who demands proof of every other persons belief, you must therefore deny the existence of any other life forms and especially a life form far superior to mankind and that we are alone in the cosmos

So now you have a religion involving extraterrestrials? Do you have any evidence to support this or do you have as much evidence as you do for your gods, ie nothing.

Having absolutely no proof that other intelligent life forms exist somewhere in this eternal and boundless cosmos, I am not so naive as to believe that earth is the only planet to have evolved intelligent life.

You, on the other hand, having no evidence to confirm that there could be other intelligent life out there, must now deny that any intelligent life form other than mankind has ever evolved anywhere within this boundless cosmos.
That's one of the funny things about godbotherers, they think that they have the right to tell people what they must think, hilarious coming from godbotherers who lack even a capacity for thought.

Oh don't you worry about that bullpoof, I certainly have the ability to think, and I think that you believe that there are other intelligent life forms somewhere out there in this boundless cosmos, but you can't admit that, can you? For to do so, you would believe by faith alone with no supporting, evidence, you would put yourself in the same position as the believers that you condemn as idiots.

So, like all atheists who demand evidence, you are now seen as a small minded, naive person who denies the possibility of intelligent life existing somewhere in the boundless cosmos, because you have never seen one, touched one, or heard one. Go talk to your atheist brothers and see if they are as naive as yourself.
Can you cite me making these claims or are they just the lies you tell yourself as self pacification?
Gentorev
Posts: 2,948
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 11:09:43 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 10:52:17 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2016 10:45:11 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 10:09:19 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2016 9:22:48 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 7:41:46 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2016 7:34:39 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 7:02:08 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2016 6:35:57 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 5:20:47 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
As an atheist, why do you care to argue with religious people that God doesn't exist? It would seem that you certainly have no obligation to do so. In fact, if there is no afterlife I would rather be using the precious time I have here on Earth doing something more enjoyable.

One definition of religion is, "Any objective pursued with zeal and conscientious devotion."

To many of those who belong to the godless class, atheism has become their religion, for this reason, it is with conscientious devotion they haunt all the various religious forums, in their endless pursuit to win as many believers as possible away from the truth and over to their godless doctrines.
We don't try to deconvert you we just find it amusing watching the believers squirm an wriggle trying to defend and support the beliefs that have no factual support.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT OF THE BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS OF GALAXIES WITHIN THIS COSMOS IN WHICH THERE ARE COUNTLESS TRILLIONS OF PLANETS, THAT THIS EARTH IS THE ONLY PLANET TO HAVE EVOLVED, INTELLECTUAL LIFE FORMS, AND DO YOU BELIEVE THAT A PERSON WOULD HAVE TO BE NAIVE AND STUPID TO BELIEVE THAT THERE IS INTELLENT LIFE OUT THERE SOMEWHERE, A BELIEF FOR WHICH THEY CAN OFFER ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF?

Being one who demands proof of every other persons belief, you must therefore deny the existence of any other life forms and especially a life form far superior to mankind and that we are alone in the cosmos

So now you have a religion involving extraterrestrials? Do you have any evidence to support this or do you have as much evidence as you do for your gods, ie nothing.

Having absolutely no proof that other intelligent life forms exist somewhere in this eternal and boundless cosmos, I am not so naive as to believe that earth is the only planet to have evolved intelligent life.

You, on the other hand, having no evidence to confirm that there could be other intelligent life out there, must now deny that any intelligent life form other than mankind has ever evolved anywhere within this boundless cosmos.
That's one of the funny things about godbotherers, they think that they have the right to tell people what they must think, hilarious coming from godbotherers who lack even a capacity for thought.

Oh don't you worry about that bullpoof, I certainly have the ability to think, and I think that you believe that there are other intelligent life forms somewhere out there in this boundless cosmos, but you can't admit that, can you? For to do so, you would believe by faith alone with no supporting, evidence, you would put yourself in the same position as the believers that you condemn as idiots.

So, like all atheists who demand evidence, you are now seen as a small minded, naive person who denies the possibility of intelligent life existing somewhere in the boundless cosmos, because you have never seen one, touched one, or heard one. Go talk to your atheist brothers and see if they are as naive as yourself.
Can you cite me making these claims or are they just the lies you tell yourself as self pacification?

Well Matey, now's your chance. All you have to do is prove that you are not so naive as to believe that besides the life on earth, there is no other intelligent life within the cosmos. Or that you are so naive as to deny the possibility of other intelligent life forms having developed within the cosmos.

But I think that you will simply evade the point in question.
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 11:18:24 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 11:09:43 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 10:52:17 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2016 10:45:11 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 10:09:19 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2016 9:22:48 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 7:41:46 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2016 7:34:39 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 7:02:08 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2016 6:35:57 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 5:20:47 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
As an atheist, why do you care to argue with religious people that God doesn't exist? It would seem that you certainly have no obligation to do so. In fact, if there is no afterlife I would rather be using the precious time I have here on Earth doing something more enjoyable.

One definition of religion is, "Any objective pursued with zeal and conscientious devotion."

To many of those who belong to the godless class, atheism has become their religion, for this reason, it is with conscientious devotion they haunt all the various religious forums, in their endless pursuit to win as many believers as possible away from the truth and over to their godless doctrines.
We don't try to deconvert you we just find it amusing watching the believers squirm an wriggle trying to defend and support the beliefs that have no factual support.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT OF THE BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS OF GALAXIES WITHIN THIS COSMOS IN WHICH THERE ARE COUNTLESS TRILLIONS OF PLANETS, THAT THIS EARTH IS THE ONLY PLANET TO HAVE EVOLVED, INTELLECTUAL LIFE FORMS, AND DO YOU BELIEVE THAT A PERSON WOULD HAVE TO BE NAIVE AND STUPID TO BELIEVE THAT THERE IS INTELLENT LIFE OUT THERE SOMEWHERE, A BELIEF FOR WHICH THEY CAN OFFER ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF?

Being one who demands proof of every other persons belief, you must therefore deny the existence of any other life forms and especially a life form far superior to mankind and that we are alone in the cosmos

So now you have a religion involving extraterrestrials? Do you have any evidence to support this or do you have as much evidence as you do for your gods, ie nothing.

Having absolutely no proof that other intelligent life forms exist somewhere in this eternal and boundless cosmos, I am not so naive as to believe that earth is the only planet to have evolved intelligent life.

You, on the other hand, having no evidence to confirm that there could be other intelligent life out there, must now deny that any intelligent life form other than mankind has ever evolved anywhere within this boundless cosmos.
That's one of the funny things about godbotherers, they think that they have the right to tell people what they must think, hilarious coming from godbotherers who lack even a capacity for thought.

Oh don't you worry about that bullpoof, I certainly have the ability to think, and I think that you believe that there are other intelligent life forms somewhere out there in this boundless cosmos, but you can't admit that, can you? For to do so, you would believe by faith alone with no supporting, evidence, you would put yourself in the same position as the believers that you condemn as idiots.

So, like all atheists who demand evidence, you are now seen as a small minded, naive person who denies the possibility of intelligent life existing somewhere in the boundless cosmos, because you have never seen one, touched one, or heard one. Go talk to your atheist brothers and see if they are as naive as yourself.
Can you cite me making these claims or are they just the lies you tell yourself as self pacification?

Well Matey, now's your chance. All you have to do is prove that you are not so naive as to believe that besides the life on earth, there is no other intelligent life within the cosmos. Or that you are so naive as to deny the possibility of other intelligent life forms having developed within the cosmos.

But I think that you will simply evade the point in question.
You're not making a point, you are claiming to know what I think about subjects you have never seen me discuss.
They are your claims, you defend them.
Not the sharpest billiard ball are you?
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 12:16:09 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 5:20:47 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
As an atheist, why do you care to argue with religious people that God doesn't exist?
Crypto, as an atheist I seldom discuss with anyone -- theist or otherwise -- whether metaphysical beings exist. Since gods are generally defined to be metaphysical beings, I therefore seldom discuss whether gods exist.

What I most discuss is what people owe one another when they claim certainty, authority and influence over one anothers' lives.

That's because these are ethical questions, and many people -- religious and irreligious -- hold that it's ethical to ask what we owe one another, that claims to authority incur obligations regarding honesty, transparency, relevance, falsification, and accountability for ignorance and error.

As I've said here elsewhere recently, a god isn't simply a conjectured wondrous being; it's a being imputed with great authority -- great virtues, moral insights, and metaphysical power. I hold that when anyone claims to know that gods exist, what they're like and what they want, they are making claims to moral and intellectual authority; and that this incurs ethical burdens; that failing to meet those burdens is a legitimate cause for criticism; and that causing harm under invalid claims to authority is at best a matter of negligence, and can at times also be evil.

So atheists can have moral and ethical reasons to criticise specific theological claims, theological methods, theological impacts, and the social behaviours of the religious in general.
uniferous
Posts: 37
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 12:17:37 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 5:20:47 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
if there is no afterlife I would rather be using the precious time I have here on Earth doing something more enjoyable.

What if you enjoy debating?
#Uniferous
Gentorev
Posts: 2,948
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 12:43:17 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 11:18:24 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2016 11:09:43 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 10:52:17 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2016 10:45:11 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 10:09:19 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2016 9:22:48 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 7:41:46 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2016 7:34:39 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 7:02:08 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2016 6:35:57 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 5:20:47 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
As an atheist, why do you care to argue with religious people that God doesn't exist? It would seem that you certainly have no obligation to do so. In fact, if there is no afterlife I would rather be using the precious time I have here on Earth doing something more enjoyable.

One definition of religion is, "Any objective pursued with zeal and conscientious devotion."

To many of those who belong to the godless class, atheism has become their religion, for this reason, it is with conscientious devotion they haunt all the various religious forums, in their endless pursuit to win as many believers as possible away from the truth and over to their godless doctrines.
We don't try to deconvert you we just find it amusing watching the believers squirm an wriggle trying to defend and support the beliefs that have no factual support.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT OF THE BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS OF GALAXIES WITHIN THIS COSMOS IN WHICH THERE ARE COUNTLESS TRILLIONS OF PLANETS, THAT THIS EARTH IS THE ONLY PLANET TO HAVE EVOLVED, INTELLECTUAL LIFE FORMS, AND DO YOU BELIEVE THAT A PERSON WOULD HAVE TO BE NAIVE AND STUPID TO BELIEVE THAT THERE IS INTELLENT LIFE OUT THERE SOMEWHERE, A BELIEF FOR WHICH THEY CAN OFFER ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF?

Being one who demands proof of every other persons belief, you must therefore deny the existence of any other life forms and especially a life form far superior to mankind and that we are alone in the cosmos

So now you have a religion involving extraterrestrials? Do you have any evidence to support this or do you have as much evidence as you do for your gods, ie nothing.

Having absolutely no proof that other intelligent life forms exist somewhere in this eternal and boundless cosmos, I am not so naive as to believe that earth is the only planet to have evolved intelligent life.

You, on the other hand, having no evidence to confirm that there could be other intelligent life out there, must now deny that any intelligent life form other than mankind has ever evolved anywhere within this boundless cosmos.
That's one of the funny things about godbotherers, they think that they have the right to tell people what they must think, hilarious coming from godbotherers who lack even a capacity for thought.

Oh don't you worry about that bullpoof, I certainly have the ability to think, and I think that you believe that there are other intelligent life forms somewhere out there in this boundless cosmos, but you can't admit that, can you? For to do so, you would believe by faith alone with no supporting, evidence, you would put yourself in the same position as the believers that you condemn as idiots.

So, like all atheists who demand evidence, you are now seen as a small minded, naive person who denies the possibility of intelligent life existing somewhere in the boundless cosmos, because you have never seen one, touched one, or heard one. Go talk to your atheist brothers and see if they are as naive as yourself.
Can you cite me making these claims or are they just the lies you tell yourself as self pacification?

Well Matey, now's your chance. All you have to do is prove that you are not so naive as to believe that besides the life on earth, there is no other intelligent life within the cosmos. Or that you are so naive as to deny the possibility of other intelligent life forms having developed within the cosmos.

But I think that you will simply evade the point in question.
You're not making a point, you are claiming to know what I think about subjects you have never seen me discuss.
They are your claims, you defend them.
Not the sharpest billiard ball are you?

Ahh! But I am making a point, you poor little intimated atheist, you deny the existence of anything for which there is no apparent evidence. You have put yourself into the position where you must deny the existence of any intelligent life form that has not evolved on this tiny planet.

But you can prove me wrong by admitting to the possibility of an intelligent life form having evolved out there somewhere , For only the most naive of all people would believe that of all the trillion upon trillions of planets within the billion and billions of Galaxies within the eternal and boundless cosmos, it is only on this little speck of dust, which is but one of the millions upon millions of planets within this Milky Way galaxy that intelligent life has developed.

Of all people, those who cannot use their God given powers of deduction are the most of all to be pitied.

Thousands of years before science could provide evidence of the Atom, the Greeks through their powers of deduction, believed that all visible matter was created from invisible particles, which they named, (Have a Guess.)
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 1:08:32 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
As an atheist, why do you care to argue with religious people that God doesn't exist? It would seem that you certainly have no obligation to do so. In fact, if there is no afterlife I would rather be using the precious time I have here on Earth doing something more enjoyable.

One definition of religion is, "Any objective pursued with zeal and conscientious devotion."

To many of those who belong to the godless class, atheism has become their religion, for this reason, it is with conscientious devotion they haunt all the various religious forums, in their endless pursuit to win as many believers as possible away from the truth and over to their godless doctrines.
We don't try to deconvert you we just find it amusing watching the believers squirm an wriggle trying to defend and support the beliefs that have no factual support.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT OF THE BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS OF GALAXIES WITHIN THIS COSMOS IN WHICH THERE ARE COUNTLESS TRILLIONS OF PLANETS, THAT THIS EARTH IS THE ONLY PLANET TO HAVE EVOLVED, INTELLECTUAL LIFE FORMS, AND DO YOU BELIEVE THAT A PERSON WOULD HAVE TO BE NAIVE AND STUPID TO BELIEVE THAT THERE IS INTELLENT LIFE OUT THERE SOMEWHERE, A BELIEF FOR WHICH THEY CAN OFFER ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF?

Being one who demands proof of every other persons belief, you must therefore deny the existence of any other life forms and especially a life form far superior to mankind and that we are alone in the cosmos

So now you have a religion involving extraterrestrials? Do you have any evidence to support this or do you have as much evidence as you do for your gods, ie nothing.

Having absolutely no proof that other intelligent life forms exist somewhere in this eternal and boundless cosmos, I am not so naive as to believe that earth is the only planet to have evolved intelligent life.

You, on the other hand, having no evidence to confirm that there could be other intelligent life out there, must now deny that any intelligent life form other than mankind has ever evolved anywhere within this boundless cosmos.

That doesn't follow. Having "no proof" is not correct. If we are to look at the situation objectively, the data demonstrates that we know 1 planet has life, and that life is specific to certain conditions. We have seen that those conditions that can enable life as we know it on other planets, ergo it is a possibility that there could be life, even intelligent life, on other planets. Depending on how chaotic that planets past has been, it might even be more advanced life.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 1:12:32 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 5:20:47 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
As an atheist, why do you care to argue with religious people that God doesn't exist? It would seem that you certainly have no obligation to do so. In fact, if there is no afterlife I would rather be using the precious time I have here on Earth doing something more enjoyable.

If an atheist finds debating the existence of God fulfilling or fun, why would they waste their precious years not debating that?

Whether you're an atheist or not, why would you be doing something you don't enjoy?

You also don't stop to think that, some atheists hold out hope for a higher power, though they know the hope is likely fruitless and no good arguments exist to support that view.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 1:15:48 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 10:23:03 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 1/2/2016 5:20:47 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
As an atheist, why do you care to argue with religious people that God doesn't exist? It would seem that you certainly have no obligation to do so. In fact, if there is no afterlife I would rather be using the precious time I have here on Earth doing something more enjoyable.

I make a point of challenging the, 'you must be saved, or else', evil dogma which spoilt my childhood. It is emotionally abusive when directed at children and the vulnerable. That dogma has no evidence to substantiate it.

Yeah, I didn't think about that. It is worth deconverting people. It caused me so much pain as a Christian to see my dad die and know that it's my fault he isn't going to heaven, because I didn't drill this christian stuff into him enough.
Timothy82
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 1:21:03 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 12:43:17 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 11:18:24 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2016 11:09:43 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 10:52:17 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2016 10:45:11 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 10:09:19 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2016 9:22:48 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 7:41:46 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2016 7:34:39 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 7:02:08 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/2/2016 6:35:57 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 5:20:47 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
As an atheist, why do you care to argue with religious people that God doesn't exist? It would seem that you certainly have no obligation to do so. In fact, if there is no afterlife I would rather be using the precious time I have here on Earth doing something more enjoyable.

One definition of religion is, "Any objective pursued with zeal and conscientious devotion."

To many of those who belong to the godless class, atheism has become their religion, for this reason, it is with conscientious devotion they haunt all the various religious forums, in their endless pursuit to win as many believers as possible away from the truth and over to their godless doctrines.
We don't try to deconvert you we just find it amusing watching the believers squirm an wriggle trying to defend and support the beliefs that have no factual support.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT OF THE BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS OF GALAXIES WITHIN THIS COSMOS IN WHICH THERE ARE COUNTLESS TRILLIONS OF PLANETS, THAT THIS EARTH IS THE ONLY PLANET TO HAVE EVOLVED, INTELLECTUAL LIFE FORMS, AND DO YOU BELIEVE THAT A PERSON WOULD HAVE TO BE NAIVE AND STUPID TO BELIEVE THAT THERE IS INTELLENT LIFE OUT THERE SOMEWHERE, A BELIEF FOR WHICH THEY CAN OFFER ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF?

Being one who demands proof of every other persons belief, you must therefore deny the existence of any other life forms and especially a life form far superior to mankind and that we are alone in the cosmos

So now you have a religion involving extraterrestrials? Do you have any evidence to support this or do you have as much evidence as you do for your gods, ie nothing.

Having absolutely no proof that other intelligent life forms exist somewhere in this eternal and boundless cosmos, I am not so naive as to believe that earth is the only planet to have evolved intelligent life.

You, on the other hand, having no evidence to confirm that there could be other intelligent life out there, must now deny that any intelligent life form other than mankind has ever evolved anywhere within this boundless cosmos.
That's one of the funny things about godbotherers, they think that they have the right to tell people what they must think, hilarious coming from godbotherers who lack even a capacity for thought.

Oh don't you worry about that bullpoof, I certainly have the ability to think, and I think that you believe that there are other intelligent life forms somewhere out there in this boundless cosmos, but you can't admit that, can you? For to do so, you would believe by faith alone with no supporting, evidence, you would put yourself in the same position as the believers that you condemn as idiots.

So, like all atheists who demand evidence, you are now seen as a small minded, naive person who denies the possibility of intelligent life existing somewhere in the boundless cosmos, because you have never seen one, touched one, or heard one. Go talk to your atheist brothers and see if they are as naive as yourself.
Can you cite me making these claims or are they just the lies you tell yourself as self pacification?

Well Matey, now's your chance. All you have to do is prove that you are not so naive as to believe that besides the life on earth, there is no other intelligent life within the cosmos. Or that you are so naive as to deny the possibility of other intelligent life forms having developed within the cosmos.

But I think that you will simply evade the point in question.
You're not making a point, you are claiming to know what I think about subjects you have never seen me discuss.
They are your claims, you defend them.
Not the sharpest billiard ball are you?

Ahh! But I am making a point, you poor little intimated atheist, you deny the existence of anything for which there is no apparent evidence. You have put yourself into the position where you must deny the existence of any intelligent life form that has not evolved on this tiny planet.

But you can prove me wrong by admitting to the possibility of an intelligent life form having evolved out there somewhere , For only the most naive of all people would believe that of all the trillion upon trillions of planets within the billion and billions of Galaxies within the eternal and boundless cosmos, it is only on this little speck of dust, which is but one of the millions upon millions of planets within this Milky Way galaxy that intelligent life has developed.

Of all people, those who cannot use their God given powers of deduction are the most of all to be pitied.

Thousands of years before science could provide evidence of the Atom, the Greeks through their powers of deduction, believed that all visible matter was created from invisible particles, which they named, (Have a Guess.)

I don't understand your point. You seem to believe you found a mental trap. But you did not. The word is probability. The chances of intelligent life is high based on numbers. It's not a blind belief with 100% certainty they exist. So yea you have nothing. Oh and I'm not an atheist. Atheist have somehow turned themselves into a religion of sorts. Strange.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 2:06:06 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 7:34:39 AM, Gentorev wrote:
DO YOU BELIEVE THAT OF THE BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS OF GALAXIES WITHIN THIS COSMOS IN WHICH THERE ARE COUNTLESS TRILLIONS OF PLANETS, THAT THIS EARTH IS THE ONLY PLANET TO HAVE EVOLVED, INTELLECTUAL LIFE FORMS, AND DO YOU BELIEVE THAT A PERSON WOULD HAVE TO BE NAIVE AND STUPID TO BELIEVE THAT THERE IS INTELLENT LIFE OUT THERE SOMEWHERE, A BELIEF FOR WHICH THEY CAN OFFER ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF?

Being one who demands proof of every other persons belief, you must therefore deny the existence of any other life forms and especially a life form far superior to mankind and that we are alone in the cosmos

We have examples of intelligent life and the conditions it can flourish under, so probabilistic arguments apply.

We have zero examples of a God, so probabilistic arguments do not apply.

They're not the same thing.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 2:07:16 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 1:21:03 PM, Timothy82 wrote:
Atheist have somehow turned themselves into a religion of sorts. Strange.

Please define religion.
Timothy82
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 2:13:37 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 2:07:16 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 1/2/2016 1:21:03 PM, Timothy82 wrote:
Atheist have somehow turned themselves into a religion of sorts. Strange.

Please define religion.

A pursuit or interest that one ascribes supreme importance.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 2:25:33 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 2:13:37 PM, Timothy82 wrote:
At 1/2/2016 2:07:16 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 1/2/2016 1:21:03 PM, Timothy82 wrote:
Atheist have somehow turned themselves into a religion of sorts. Strange.

Please define religion.

A pursuit or interest that one ascribes supreme importance.

No one uses that as a definition, nor does that seem to fit into what atheists are doing which is to spend their time defending their position. Same thing liberals and conservatives are doing on the political forum, yet I doubt you are calling that a religion.
Timothy82
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 3:13:09 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 2:25:33 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 1/2/2016 2:13:37 PM, Timothy82 wrote:
At 1/2/2016 2:07:16 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 1/2/2016 1:21:03 PM, Timothy82 wrote:
Atheist have somehow turned themselves into a religion of sorts. Strange.

Please define religion.

A pursuit or interest that one ascribes supreme importance.

No one uses that as a definition, nor does that seem to fit into what atheists are doing which is to spend their time defending their position. Same thing liberals and conservatives are doing on the political forum, yet I doubt you are calling that a religion.

Noone uses that as a definition? What a bizarre thing to say. As if it was true lol. Well when I see some atheist speaking with loud, arrogant voices, it reminds me of preachers. Now I didn't say they were a religion exactly. Just reminds me of one. Trying to convince others of there way of thinking. Now I agree with them for the most part. Logic, reason. That's all good but some people just take it to far and to me it's hard to have a conversation with someone who is really emotional. Mainly frustration which I understand but still. So we see atheist differently which is no surprise. Liberals, conservatives, Republicans , Democrats , it's all insanity. Our political system needs a major overhaul. Something that keeps up with the times. And if the average person like my friends and coworkers have no interest in politics big money will keep running the show. In my opinion of course.
distraff
Posts: 1,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 7:56:06 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 2:13:37 PM, Timothy82 wrote:
At 1/2/2016 2:07:16 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 1/2/2016 1:21:03 PM, Timothy82 wrote:
Atheist have somehow turned themselves into a religion of sorts. Strange.

Please define religion.

A pursuit or interest that one ascribes supreme importance.

That is a later use of the word used to make fun of obsessions by calling them "religions." E.g. football is such a religion for my Dad.

Its original meaning comes from the latin word religionem (nominative religio) meaning, "respect for what is sacred, reverence for the gods; conscientiousness, sense of right, moral obligation; fear of the gods; divine service, religious observance; a religion, a faith, a mode of worship, cult; sanctity, holiness."

Today it is commonly used to mean:
The belief in a god or in a group of gods
An organized system of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules used to worship a god or a group of gods
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 8:28:49 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 1:12:32 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/2/2016 5:20:47 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
As an atheist, why do you care to argue with religious people that God doesn't exist? It would seem that you certainly have no obligation to do so. In fact, if there is no afterlife I would rather be using the precious time I have here on Earth doing something more enjoyable.

If an atheist finds debating the existence of God fulfilling or fun, why would they waste their precious years not debating that?

That's pretty much the only reason why I could think an atheist would debate the existence of God. Of course, I find it hard to believe that many internet atheists find it fullfilling. But then again, if it wasn't fulfilling in some way then they probably wouldn't be doing it.

Whether you're an atheist or not, why would you be doing something you don't enjoy?

Because religious people are willing to sacrifice their own personal desires for the sake of the greater good.

You also don't stop to think that, some atheists hold out hope for a higher power, though they know the hope is likely fruitless and no good arguments exist to support that view.

Maybe in some cases, but I doubt it. Many atheists in the religious forum are ruthless and arrogant.
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 8:31:33 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 10:23:03 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 1/2/2016 5:20:47 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
As an atheist, why do you care to argue with religious people that God doesn't exist? It would seem that you certainly have no obligation to do so. In fact, if there is no afterlife I would rather be using the precious time I have here on Earth doing something more enjoyable.

I make a point of challenging the, 'you must be saved, or else', evil dogma which spoilt my childhood. It is emotionally abusive when directed at children and the vulnerable. That dogma has no evidence to substantiate it.

Why do you care to challenge such a dogma?
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 8:36:10 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 12:17:37 PM, uniferous wrote:
At 1/2/2016 5:20:47 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
if there is no afterlife I would rather be using the precious time I have here on Earth doing something more enjoyable.

What if you enjoy debating?

Then that's fine, although I can't personally see how someone would enjoy sitting on the computer arguing with people who likely won't be convinced over the plethora of other options one could choose.
Nolite Timere
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 11:09:46 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/2/2016 8:28:49 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 1/2/2016 1:12:32 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/2/2016 5:20:47 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
As an atheist, why do you care to argue with religious people that God doesn't exist? It would seem that you certainly have no obligation to do so. In fact, if there is no afterlife I would rather be using the precious time I have here on Earth doing something more enjoyable.

If an atheist finds debating the existence of God fulfilling or fun, why would they waste their precious years not debating that?

That's pretty much the only reason why I could think an atheist would debate the existence of God. Of course, I find it hard to believe that many internet atheists find it fullfilling. But then again, if it wasn't fulfilling in some way then they probably wouldn't be doing it.

Whether you're an atheist or not, why would you be doing something you don't enjoy?

Because religious people are willing to sacrifice their own personal desires for the sake of the greater good.

"The greater good" is such a poisonous and evil mindset. The greater good is what brought us socialism, liberalism, communism and the holocaust. So much evil is done in the name of that ideal. Usually attempts at helping the greater good, funny enough harm the greater good, while selfish philosophies such as capitalism help the greater good.

You also don't stop to think that, some atheists hold out hope for a higher power, though they know the hope is likely fruitless and no good arguments exist to support that view.

Maybe in some cases, but I doubt it. Many atheists in the religious forum are ruthless and arrogant.

I don't disagree with that. I usually frown on the atheists in this forum, even more than the theists.