Jump to topic:

God of Deism

Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 7:55:05 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Does it take faith to believe in a deistic god or is there evidence for such an entity?

God: The eternal universal creative force which is the source of the laws and designs found throughout Nature.

http://www.deism.com...
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 10:58:32 AM
At 1/2/2016 7:55:05 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
Does it take faith to believe in a deistic god or is there evidence for such an entity?

God: The eternal universal creative force which is the source of the laws and designs found throughout Nature.

Broadly speaking, theism is the belief in any god or gods, however in its typical philosophical usage, theism is a form of monotheism, the belief of only one God, and although I accept that there can be many gods as recorded in the Bible in Psalms 82, "God presides in the heavenly council; in the assembly of the gods he gives his decisions etc, " and again, "You are gods," I said; "all of you are sons of the Most High," I should be categorized as a monotheist, as I believe that there is only one creator God, who, from his own being, the heavens, the earth and all therein were made and without him was not anything made that was made and that there is no other God but he who is all that exists and in all that exists.

I also believe that each individual can discover God through the evidence of reason and nature without having to resort to any religious organisation or mystical revelation, but I divorce myself totally from those groups, which adhere to the concept that God created the universe but then had no further contact with it.
Pantheism is the foundation upon which my entire faith is based, and pantheism is the view that God who created the world is identical with it or is completely immanent, pervading everything that exists in the world.

I believe that the heavens have been spread out as a tent or physical tabernacle in which dwells an eternal evolving Godhead. I believe that the visible world is the body in which has evolved an intellect, a mind or a supreme personality of godhead as happens in the micro cosmos which is the human body that was created in the image and likeness of the macro cosmos which is the immortal God.

And just as you the mind=spirit, who did not exist before your body was formed, are the person or godhead that has developed in that body, so too, there is a Supreme Personality of Godhead, who develops in this living universal body and he is the Son of Man, the spirit that is born from the body of "Mankind" the Most High on the ladder of evolution in the physical creation. The son which is born to "the Lord of creatures" is the spirit that is currently developing within the body of mankind that was created by the invisible Logos who is the Divine animating Principle=life force, that activates the whole world and who pervades the entire universal body.

Some of the beliefs that I am not and could never be connected to, is Negative atheism, which is simply the absence of belief in any god, and agnosticism which denies that any person can know whether a god exists or does not exist, which is laughable: because that which was in the beginning has become who I am; and "Who I Am", "Who You Are" and all living things, are connected to the singularity that was in the beginning by an unbroken genetic thread of life, if you have not always existed in one form or another, then you cannot exist today. "I picked up a fossil and O what a buzz"to think in my hand, was who I once was."
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 9:33:40 PM

http://www.deism.com....
Incomplete definition. It also includes that deists believe nature and the laws found are the evidence. It also includes they believe no interaction between God and people after the creation, as in being indifferent. That still doesn't mean that part of creation by a deistic God could not have been the creation of evidence for said deistic God during the creation itself. Non interaction is the main difference between theistic God and deistic.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 11:19:48 PM
At 1/2/2016 9:33:40 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:

Incomplete definition. It also includes that deists believe nature and the laws found are the evidence. It also includes they believe no interaction between God and people after the creation, as in being indifferent. That still doesn't mean that part of creation by a deistic God could not have been the creation of evidence for said deistic God during the creation itself. Non interaction is the main difference between theistic God and deistic.

Romans 1: 18; For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, etc.

God has revealed himself within the creation to all those who would but open their eyes.
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2016 12:37:16 AM
At 1/2/2016 11:19:48 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/2/2016 9:33:40 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:

Romans 1: 18; For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, etc.

God has revealed himself within the creation to all those who would but open their eyes.
Thank you,, but that's not the debate bro or sis. Lol
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2016 5:10:47 AM
At 1/2/2016 10:58:32 AM, Gentorev wrote:

Broadly speaking, theism is the belief in any god or gods, however in its typical philosophical usage, theism is a form of monotheism, the belief of only one God, and although I accept that there can be many gods as recorded in the Bible in Psalms 82, "God presides in the heavenly council; in the assembly of the gods he gives his decisions etc, " and again, "You are gods," I said; "all of you are sons of the Most High," I should be categorized as a monotheist, as I believe that there is only one creator God, who, from his own being, the heavens, the earth and all therein were made and without him was not anything made that was made and that there is no other God but he who is all that exists and in all that exists.

I also believe that each individual can discover God through the evidence of reason and nature without having to resort to any religious organisation or mystical revelation, but I divorce myself totally from those groups, which adhere to the concept that God created the universe but then had no further contact with it.
Pantheism is the foundation upon which my entire faith is based, and pantheism is the view that God who created the world is identical with it or is completely immanent, pervading everything that exists in the world.

I believe that the heavens have been spread out as a tent or physical tabernacle in which dwells an eternal evolving Godhead. I believe that the visible world is the body in which has evolved an intellect, a mind or a supreme personality of godhead as happens in the micro cosmos which is the human body that was created in the image and likeness of the macro cosmos which is the immortal God.

And just as you the mind=spirit, who did not exist before your body was formed, are the person or godhead that has developed in that body, so too, there is a Supreme Personality of Godhead, who develops in this living universal body and he is the Son of Man, the spirit that is born from the body of "Mankind" the Most High on the ladder of evolution in the physical creation. The son which is born to "the Lord of creatures" is the spirit that is currently developing within the body of mankind that was created by the invisible Logos who is the Divine animating Principle=life force, that activates the whole world and who pervades the entire universal body.

Some of the beliefs that I am not and could never be connected to, is Negative atheism, which is simply the absence of belief in any god, and agnosticism which denies that any person can know whether a god exists or does not exist, which is laughable: because that which was in the beginning has become who I am; and "Who I Am", "Who You Are" and all living things, are connected to the singularity that was in the beginning by an unbroken genetic thread of life, if you have not always existed in one form or another, then you cannot exist today. "I picked up a fossil and O what a buzz"to think in my hand, was who I once was."

To believe that God created the cosmos then abandoned it, having no further contact with it, would take a lot more than faith.

Whereas pantheism, which is the view that God who created the world is identical with it or is completely immanent, pervading everything that exists in the world, which view is supported by the scriptures which state that to know God one only has to study the physical universe, which is the visible manifestation of the invisible God who is completely immanent or identical with it.