Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2016 6:51:19 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/5/2016 10:09:22 AM, Pandit wrote:
This Video will give the viewers an insight into Hinduism

https://www.youtube.com...

Hi Pandit,

If you're new to DDO, welcome. I'm posting a reply in part because your thread seemed overlooked.

Anyone interested in Hinduism can find many good links to an overview of that faith. However, this is a debating site. Is there a contentious topic relating to Hinduism you'd like to discuss?
Pandit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2016 9:36:18 AM
At 1/9/2016 6:51:19 AM, RuvDraba wrote:

Hi Pandit,

If you're new to DDO, welcome. I'm posting a reply in part because your thread seemed overlooked.

Anyone interested in Hinduism can find many good links to an overview of that faith. However, this is a debating site. Is there a contentious topic relating to Hinduism you'd like to discuss?

If I find any topic to debate relating to Hinduism , I will make sure to have a Debate on it here .

Thanks !
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2016 9:46:50 PM
At 1/9/2016 9:36:18 AM, Pandit wrote:

Hi Pandit,

If I find any topic to debate relating to Hinduism , I will make sure to have a Debate on it here .

Thanks !

Pandit, I have one for your consideration that comes up in comparative religious studies.

Monotheism is sometimes considered 'more evolved' philosophically than polytheism, and the argument is normally put thus:

Polytheistic gods are normally considered to have arisen from the natural order, with their character and nature part of it. Consequently, they're renowned for being either amoral or temperamental, the conflicts in the natural order either shaped by or dictated by the the conflicts in the gods representing them.

By contrast, say some philosophers and theologians, a monotheistic god normally creates the natural order. It may reflect such a god's will, but does not necessarily reflect that god's character. Thus it can embody a consistent moral order transcending nature, representing a single, coherent purpose, and a specific moral destiny for humanity.

I always find myself ambivalent about this argument, both philosophically and morally, and if you haven't seen it made, I'm happy to dig up some links. (By way of disclosure, I'm an atheist, so my interest in religion is much more related to its impact on human thought than its legitimacy in describing the universe.)

What do you make of it?
Pandit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 12:46:41 PM
At 1/9/2016 9:46:50 PM, RuvDraba wrote:

Hi Pandit,

Thanks !

Pandit, I have one for your consideration that comes up in comparative religious studies.

Monotheism is sometimes considered 'more evolved' philosophically than polytheism, and the argument is normally put thus:

Polytheistic gods are normally considered to have arisen from the natural order, with their character and nature part of it. Consequently, they're renowned for being either amoral or temperamental, the conflicts in the natural order either shaped by or dictated by the the conflicts in the gods representing them.

By contrast, say some philosophers and theologians, a monotheistic god normally creates the natural order. It may reflect such a god's will, but does not necessarily reflect that god's character. Thus it can embody a consistent moral order transcending nature, representing a single, coherent purpose, and a specific moral destiny for humanity.

I always find myself ambivalent about this argument, both philosophically and morally, and if you haven't seen it made, I'm happy to dig up some links. (By way of disclosure, I'm an atheist, so my interest in religion is much more related to its impact on human thought than its legitimacy in describing the universe.)

What do you make of it?

This year I have a subject on Indian Philosophy .

Like You said , Evolution or Transition from Nature Gods to 1 True God .
But In Indian Philosophy , It goes many steps ahead .

In Indian Philosophy we call him Absolute Reality or Truth , Which is impersonal without features and qualities . But depending on the Path followed , The Absolute Truth or reality ( Called Para Brahman or Nirgun Brahman ) becomes Saguna Brahman ( The one with qualities and Features e.g Krishna ) .

The beauty of Hinduism is that its less dogmatic and more Experienced based .
A Hindu can be Polytheist , Monotheist , Pantheist , Henotheist , Animist , Atheist etc .
Some of Us worship Deities in the form of Idols ( Murtis ) While others Meditate on him .

https://en.wikipedia.org...

The point is Gods came after humans , Human thoughts gave birth to a divine being but the real or Absolute truth is the one that gave birth to all and that is some that is beyond us .

For a being that is Finite and Limited , Understanding someone who is Infinity is next to impossible . At best we as intelligent specie can only speculate .

Personally , I find no problem in Polytheism , Monotheism or Atheism . These all are philosophies but when some one brings fixed rules and regulations ( Making things dogmatic ) only then the problem Arises .
Pandit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 12:54:43 PM

Hi Pandit,

Thanks !

What do you make of it?

In Indian Philosophy we call him Absolute Reality or Truth , Which is impersonal without features and qualities . But depending on the Path followed , The Absolute Truth or reality ( Called Para Brahman or Nirgun Brahman ) becomes Saguna Brahman ( The one with qualities and Features e.g Krishna ) .

A Hindu can be Polytheist , Monotheist , Pantheist , Henotheist , Animist , Atheist etc .
Some of Us worship Deities in the form of Idols ( Murtis ) While others Meditate on him .

The point is Gods came after humans , Human thoughts gave birth to a divine being but the real or Absolute truth is the one that gave birth to all and that is beyond us .

For a being that is Finite and Limited , Understanding someone who is Infinity is next to impossible . At best we as intelligent specie can only speculate .

Personally , I find no problem in Polytheism , Monotheism or Atheism . These all are philosophies but when some one brings fixed rules and regulations ( Making things dogmatic ) only then the problem Arises .
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 6:44:35 PM
At 1/11/2016 12:54:43 PM, Pandit wrote:

What do you make of it?

The point is Gods came after humans , Human thoughts gave birth to a divine being but the real or Absolute truth is the one that gave birth to all and that is beyond us .

Pandit, thank you for this perspective. An argument frequently used by Christians to promote their faiths is that a single, knowable, personal, monotheistic god brings them certainty. In contrast, they frequently cite atheism, which they say offers no certainty and therefore no hope.

Is it your view that the rich, disparate cosmological traditions of Hinduism bring certainty? Is cosmological certainty important anyway? If it isn't important, then what is, and why?
Pandit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 2:45:04 PM
At 1/11/2016 6:44:35 PM, RuvDraba wrote:

What do you make of it?

Pandit, thank you for this perspective. An argument frequently used by Christians to promote their faiths is that a single, knowable, personal, monotheistic god brings them certainty. In contrast, they frequently cite atheism, which they say offers no certainty and therefore no hope.

Is it your view that the rich, disparate cosmological traditions of Hinduism bring certainty? Is cosmological certainty important anyway? If it isn't important, then what is, and why?

For Hindus like me , Living Life in a just way and enjoying the material Life is important . Excess of everything is bad . Craving for more than necessary Material comfort is something that keeps us Unhappy . Controlling the desires is important to me .

Few years ago , I had this craving where I wanted best laptop , PS3 , PSP , Collect all Anime etc . This craving made me sad . I used to have head aches and stayed upset most of the time . Daily arguments with Parents as they were not buying them for me .

But recently I realized How wrong I was . I read some texts , Did some meditation , got involved in astrology etc . Not much changed but then there was a realization and that was to live in the present and balance out things .

Dharma is what I stick to . As a Student its my Dharma to Study . If I stick to that , it will bear fruits in the future . But in the past I used to lie to myself . I studied less and spent more time on useless activities like Games , Facebook etc . The result was I failed in my Computer Engineering studies and dropped out in 4th year wasting $10,000 hard earned money of my parents .

I went through a tough time of 2 years where I was direction less . Joined a distance education Course on Sociology and I am in my last year with good marks in 1st and 2nd year .

In the end I will say , Things work differently for different people . What worked for me might not work for another Hindu or another Human . We have to find our own paths and walk on them . Self realization is very important .
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 5:05:56 PM
Welcome to DDO, Pandit. I have often said Hindus are underrepresented on religious discussion forums which deprives the readers of the spiritual perspective and transcendental experience that Hindus have enjoyed as the oldest religion in human history.
I checked your video for accuracy and scholarly integrity and found it rather entertaining. The speaker mentioned several times Christians would be overwhelmed by the depth and breath of Hinduism, it's terminologies, voluminous scriptures and manifestations of deities, avatars and divas.
There is a simpler explanation why Christians would be overwhelmed by Hinduism.
The whole bible is about patriarchs and prophets who prophesied the coming of the Messiah the anointed one, the liberator of the people of Israel. The people for centuries waited in expectation for his arrival , who would then revealed all things to them.
But when jesus came, he was around for only three years before he was put to death. He had very little time to go into details and had to be brief and left many questions unanswered. Now compare that to Hinduism which had over 12.000 years to grow and develop intellectually, spiritually, morally, ritualistically and to transcend every physical human barrier and expand human consciousness to grasp the ultimate reality.
I am Harikrish. Namaste.
I am a vedantist raised in the Vedantic tradition and trained in the reading of esoteric scriptures, Christian Theology and Islamic fundamentalism.
I was declared the most spiritual member on DDO.
http://www.debate.org...

And a DDO Christian Champion the goto David of Goliaths.

Hope you can join me in helping others to embrace our abundance.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 5:12:38 PM
At 1/13/2016 5:05:56 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Welcome to DDO, Pandit. I have often said Hindus are underrepresented on religious discussion forums which deprives the readers of the spiritual perspective and transcendental experience that Hindus have enjoyed as the oldest religion in human history.

Arguably the oldest practiced religion on the planet,

Not, the oldest religion in human history.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 5:30:43 PM
At 1/13/2016 5:12:38 PM, johnlubba wrote:

I guess you could say when man first started rubbing two sticks together they were actually making the sign of the cross which sowed the seeds for Christianity to come.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 5:37:40 PM
At 1/13/2016 5:30:43 PM, Harikrish wrote:

I guess you could say when man first started rubbing two sticks together they were actually making the sign of the cross which sowed the seeds for Christianity to come.

Err, no
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 5:43:34 PM
At 1/13/2016 5:30:43 PM, Harikrish wrote:

There are other religions much older but they are not still practiced, whereas it can be argued that there is no religion older than Vedic philosophy that is still practiced, Although, even this can be disputed.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 5:49:45 PM
At 1/13/2016 2:45:04 PM, Pandit wrote:

What do you make of it?

For Hindus like me , Living Life in a just way and enjoying the material Life is important . Excess of everything is bad . Craving for more than necessary Material comfort is something that keeps us Unhappy . Controlling the desires is important to me .

Few years ago , I had this craving where I wanted best laptop , PS3 , PSP , Collect all Anime etc . This craving made me sad . I used to have head aches and stayed upset most of the time . Daily arguments with Parents as they were not buying them for me .

But recently I realized How wrong I was . I read some texts , Did some meditation , got involved in astrology etc . Not much changed but then there was a realization and that was to live in the present and balance out things .

Dharma is what I stick to . As a Student its my Dharma to Study . If I stick to that , it will bear fruits in the future . But in the past I used to lie to myself . I studied less and spent more time on useless activities like Games , Facebook etc . The result was I failed in my Computer Engineering studies and dropped out in 4th year wasting $10,000 hard earned money of my parents .

I went through a tough time of 2 years where I was direction less . Joined a distance education Course on Sociology and I am in my last year with good marks in 1st and 2nd year .

In the end I will say , Things work differently for different people . What worked for me might not work for another Hindu or another Human . We have to find our own paths and walk on them . Self realization is very important .

Which Gurus are you familiar with?
Pandit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 5:21:49 AM
At 1/13/2016 5:49:45 PM, johnlubba wrote:

What do you make of it?

None . There are too many fake Gurus in India .
For religious and Spiritual Knowledge , I rely on myself , Parents and Religious texts .
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 5:54:11 AM
I find "BRAHMAN" and the biblical "LOGOS" very similar

The root to the word "BRAHMAN" originally meant "SPEECH", much the same as the "LOGOS" is said to mean "WORD," but both are in fact, the gathered information of every universal body throughout all eternity. Both Brahman and Logos, should be seen as the essential divine reality of the universe the eternal spirit from which all being originates, and to which all, which includes all information that was gathered, must return at the close of each period of universal activity.

In this way Brahman/Logos, who began as energy which cannot be created or destroyed, evolved a Supreme Personality of Godhead.

Krishna, who is the eighth manifestation of Vishnu, is the one who enters Brahman at the close of this cycle of universal activity as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, which is as the Bible describes, the "Light of Man" all the wisdom, knowledge and insight that is gained from the body of the MOST HIGH in the physical phase of Brahman/Logos.

Energy is converted to matter, which is later re-converted to energy, the two phases of Brahman/Logos.

According to the ancient cultures, we live in an eternal oscillating universe that expands outward and contracts back to its beginning in space time, a living universal being who is all that exists, and in who, all that is, exists. A living universal being who exists in the two states of visible matter and invisible energy.

"Universe after universe is like an interminable succession of wheels forever coming into view, forever rolling onwards, disappearing and reappearing; forever passing from being to non being, and again from non being to being. In short, the constant revolving of the wheel of life in one eternal cycle, according to fixed and immutable laws, is perhaps after all the sum and substance of the philosophy of Buddhism. And this eternal wheel has so to speak, six spokes representing six forms of existence." ---- Mon. Williams, Buddhism, pp. 229, 122.

The days and nights of Brahma are called Manvantara, or the cycle of manifestation, "The Great Day," which is a period of universal activity, that is preceded, and also followed by "Pralaya," a dark period, which to our finite minds seems as an eternity. "Manvantara," is a creative day as seen in the six days of creation in Genesis, "Pralaya," is the evening that proceeds the next creative day. The six periods of Creation and the seventh day of rest in which we now exist are referred to in the book of Genesis as the "GENERATIONS OF THE UNIVERSE."

The English word "Generation," is translated from the Hebrew "toledoth" which is used in the Old Testament in every instance as "births," or "descendants," such as "These are the generations of Adam," or "these are the generations of Abraham, and Genesis 2: 4; These are the generations of the Universe or the heavens and earth, etc. And the "Great Day" in which the seven generations of the universe are eternally repeated, is the eternal cosmic period, or the eighth eternal day in which those who attain to perfection are allowed to enter, where they shall be surrounded by great light and they shall experience eternal peace, while those who do not attain to perfection are cast back into the refining fires of the seven physical cycles that perpetually revolve within the eighth eternal cosmic cycle.

A series of worlds following one upon the other,-- each world rising a step higher than the previous world, so that every later world brings to ripeness the seeds that were imbedded in the former, and itself then prepares the seed for the universe that will follow it.

This is the true resurrection in which all from the previous cycle of universal activity, who still have the judgmental war raging within them, are born again (Reincarnated) into the cycles of physical manifestation.

Kali or Kalkin, who is another manifestation of Vishnu, and who is yet to appear, much the same as the coming Elijah, when the world has become wholly depraved, for the final destruction of the wicked, for the re-establishment of righteousness upon the earth, and the renovation of all creation with the return to a new age of purity (satya-yuga).

According to some, he (Vishnu) will be revealed in the sky, mounted on a white horse, with a drawn sword in his hand, blazing like a comet.---Mon. Williams, Indian wisdom, p. 335. The same thing is said of "The Word of God" in Rev 19 11-16; he too creates all things anew..
The tongue, the sharp two edged sword that divides the spirit from the soul.
Pandit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 6:03:17 AM
At 1/14/2016 5:54:11 AM, Gentorev wrote:

The root to the word "BRAHMAN" originally meant "SPEECH", much the same as the "LOGOS" is said to mean "WORD," but both are in fact, the gathered information of every universal body throughout all eternity. Both Brahman and Logos, should be seen as the essential divine reality of the universe the eternal spirit from which all being originates, and to which all, which includes all information that was gathered, must return at the close of each period of universal activity.

In this way Brahman/Logos, who began as energy which cannot be created or destroyed, evolved a Supreme Personality of Godhead.

Krishna, who is the eighth manifestation of Vishnu, is the one who enters Brahman at the close of this cycle of universal activity as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, which is as the Bible describes, the "Light of Man" all the wisdom, knowledge and insight that is gained from the body of the MOST HIGH in the physical phase of Brahman/Logos.

Energy is converted to matter, which is later re-converted to energy, the two phases of Brahman/Logos.

According to the ancient cultures, we live in an eternal oscillating universe that expands outward and contracts back to its beginning in space time, a living universal being who is all that exists, and in who, all that is, exists. A living universal being who exists in the two states of visible matter and invisible energy.

"Universe after universe is like an interminable succession of wheels forever coming into view, forever rolling onwards, disappearing and reappearing; forever passing from being to non being, and again from non being to being. In short, the constant revolving of the wheel of life in one eternal cycle, according to fixed and immutable laws, is perhaps after all the sum and substance of the philosophy of Buddhism. And this eternal wheel has so to speak, six spokes representing six forms of existence." ---- Mon. Williams, Buddhism, pp. 229, 122.

The days and nights of Brahma are called Manvantara, or the cycle of manifestation, "The Great Day," which is a period of universal activity, that is preceded, and also followed by "Pralaya," a dark period, which to our finite minds seems as an eternity. "Manvantara," is a creative day as seen in the six days of creation in Genesis, "Pralaya," is the evening that proceeds the next creative day. The six periods of Creation and the seventh day of rest in which we now exist are referred to in the book of Genesis as the "GENERATIONS OF THE UNIVERSE."

The English word "Generation," is translated from the Hebrew "toledoth" which is used in the Old Testament in every instance as "births," or "descendants," such as "These are the generations of Adam," or "these are the generations of Abraham, and Genesis 2: 4; These are the generations of the Universe or the heavens and earth, etc. And the "Great Day" in which the seven generations of the universe are eternally repeated, is the eternal cosmic period, or the eighth eternal day in which those who attain to perfection are allowed to enter, where they shall be surrounded by great light and they shall experience eternal peace, while those who do not attain to perfection are cast back into the refining fires of the seven physical cycles that perpetually revolve within the eighth eternal cosmic cycle.

A series of worlds following one upon the other,-- each world rising a step higher than the previous world, so that every later world brings to ripeness the seeds that were imbedded in the former, and itself then prepares the seed for the universe that will follow it.

This is the true resurrection in which all from the previous cycle of universal activity, who still have the judgmental war raging within them, are born again (Reincarnated) into the cycles of physical manifestation.

Kali or Kalkin, who is another manifestation of Vishnu, and who is yet to appear, much the same as the coming Elijah, when the world has become wholly depraved, for the final destruction of the wicked, for the re-establishment of righteousness upon the earth, and the renovation of all creation with the return to a new age of purity (satya-yuga).

According to some, he (Vishnu) will be revealed in the sky, mounted on a white horse, with a drawn sword in his hand, blazing like a comet.---Mon. Williams, Indian wisdom, p. 335. The same thing is said of "The Word of God" in Rev 19 11-16; he too creates all things anew..

WOW !!! I am speech less .

Clear my Doubt , Sir .

There is a conspiracy theory that says , Jesus visited India as an Adult .
Any truth in this conspiracy theory ?
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 7:23:47 AM
At 1/14/2016 6:03:17 AM, Pandit wrote:

IMO, NO!
Pandit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 7:35:26 AM
At 1/14/2016 7:23:47 AM, Gentorev wrote:

IMO, NO!

What about this ( Taken from an Article )
The description that is taken to be of Jesus is found in verses 17-32 in the 19th chapter of the Chaturyuga Khanda Dvitiyadhyayah of the Bhavishya Purana. Nonetheless, to get a clearer understanding, here is what the verses say:

Texts 17 - 21

"Ruling over the Aryans was a king called Shalivahana, the grandson of Vikramaditya, who occupied the throne of his father. He defeated the Shakas who were very difficult to subdue, the Cinas [Chinese], and the people from Tittiri and Bahikaus who could assume any form at will. He also defeated the people from Rome and the descendants of Khuru, who were deceitful and wicked. He punished them severely and took their wealth. Shalivahana thus established the boundaries dividing the separate countries of the mlecchas [low classes] and the Aryans. In this way Sindusthan came to be known as the greatest country. That personality appointed the abode of the mlecchas beyond the Sindhu River and to the west."

Text 22

Once upon a time the subduer of the Sakas went towards Himatunga and in the middle of the Huna country (Hunadesh - the area near Manasa Sarovara or Kailash mountain in Western Tibet), the powerful king saw an auspicious man who was living on a mountain. The man"s complexion was golden and his clothes were white.

Text 23

"The king asked, "Who are you sir?" "You should know that I am Isha Putra, the Son of God", he replied blissfully, and "am born of a virgin.""

Text 24

""I am the expounder of the religion of the mlecchas and I strictly adhere to the Absolute Truth." Hearing this the king enquired, "What are the religious principles according to your opinion?"

Texts 25 - 26

"Hearing this questions of Shalivahana, Isha putra said, "O king, when the destruction of the truth occurred, I, Masiha the prophet, came to this country of degraded people where there are no rules and regulations. Finding that fearful irreligious condition of the barbarians spreading from Mleccha-Desha, I have taken to prophethood"."

Texts 27 - 29

"Please hear, Oh king, which religious principles I have established among the mlecchas. The living entity is subject to good and bad contaminations. The mind should be purified by taking recourse of proper conduct and performance of japa [meditation on the chanting of the holy names of God]. By chanting the holy names one attains the highest purity. Just as the immovable sun attracts, from all directions, the elements of all living beings, the Lord of the Surya Mandala [solar planet], who is fixed and all-attractive, and attracts the hearts of all living creatures. Thus by following rules, speaking truthful words, by mental harmony and by meditation, Oh descendant of Manu, one should worship that immovable Lord"."

Text 30

"Having placed the eternally pure and auspicious form of the Supreme Lord in my heart, O protector of the earth planet, I preached these principles through the mlecchas" own faith and thus my name became "isha-masiha"."

Text 31

"After hearing these words and paying obeisances to that person who is worshiped by the wicked, the king humbly requested him to stay there in the dreadful land of mlecchas."

Text 32

"King Shalivahana, after leaving his kingdom performed an asvamedha yajna and after ruling for sixty years, went to heaven. Now please hear what happened when the king went to (the heavenly region of) svargaloka."
Carcharus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 11:09:31 AM

Hi Pandit,

Thanks !

What do you make of it?

Hello, RuvDraba.

I would like to add that it seems overly vague to classify the whole of Hinduism as a single religion, considering the vast difference in mythology and theology within the religion itself. The religion has within it various views of the philosophical nature of the mind (such as substance dualism, property dualism, dual aspect monism, and monistic idealism), various viewpoints with regards to theology (including monotheism, polytheism and even atheism), and so forth. So a mere critique of polytheism would not act as a critique of Hinduism as a whole.

Peace and love.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 11:51:57 AM

Yes they are, and that would be because you don't represent Hindus at all, ever, even when asked. But...you do misrepresent Christianity and Jesus non stop, which makes you a liar and a lunatic as well as delusional to believe you were voted what you keep claiming below, see how reaping and sowing works lol? You must have skipped the karma lesson in your "spirituality".
If anyone is doing any depriving it's you.

I checked your video for accuracy and scholarly integrity and found it rather entertaining. The speaker mentioned several times Christians would be overwhelmed by the depth and breath of Hinduism, it's terminologies, voluminous scriptures and manifestations of deities, avatars and divas.
The whole bible is about patriarchs and prophets who prophesied the coming of the Messiah the anointed one, the liberator of the people of Israel. The people for centuries waited in expectation for his arrival , who would then revealed all things to them.
But when jesus came, he was around for only three years before he was put to death. He had very little time to go into details and had to be brief and left many questions unanswered. Now compare that to Hinduism which had over 12.000 years to grow and develop intellectually, spiritually, morally, ritualistically and to transcend every physical human barrier and expand human consciousness to grasp the ultimate reality.

Jesus did more in "three years" then all your Hindu gurus put together over a 12,000 year period lol, it's all in the Gospels and epistles nestled peacefully beneath as I said, but you have not the spiritual depth to see all the treasures inside, too bad you want to be a liar and a lunatic.

I am Harikrish. Namaste.
I am a vedantist raised in the Vedantic tradition and trained in the reading of esoteric scriptures, Christian Theology and Islamic fundamentalism.

Who have you helped? You told me it was impossible for "christians" to be "enlightened" (learn) so what do you have to offer? You can't even answer questions for your beliefs, much less represent them. When challenged with something you have no answer for you just ignore it and repeat, ignore and repeat.....
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 11:59:27 AM
At 1/14/2016 7:35:26 AM, Pandit wrote:
At 1/14/2016 7:23:47 AM, Gentorev wrote:

IMO, NO!

What about this ( Taken from an Article )
The description that is taken to be of Jesus is found in verses 17-32 in the 19th chapter of the Chaturyuga Khanda Dvitiyadhyayah of the Bhavishya Purana. Nonetheless, to get a clearer understanding, here is what the verses say:

Texts 17 - 21

"Ruling over the Aryans was a king called Shalivahana, the grandson of Vikramaditya, who occupied the throne of his father. He defeated the Shakas who were very difficult to subdue, the Cinas [Chinese], and the people from Tittiri and Bahikaus who could assume any form at will. He also defeated the people from Rome and the descendants of Khuru, who were deceitful and wicked. He punished them severely and took their wealth. Shalivahana thus established the boundaries dividing the separate countries of the mlecchas [low classes] and the Aryans. In this way Sindusthan came to be known as the greatest country. That personality appointed the abode of the mlecchas beyond the Sindhu River and to the west."

Text 22

Once upon a time the subduer of the Sakas went towards Himatunga and in the middle of the Huna country (Hunadesh - the area near Manasa Sarovara or Kailash mountain in Western Tibet), the powerful king saw an auspicious man who was living on a mountain. The man"s complexion was golden and his clothes were white.

Text 23

"The king asked, "Who are you sir?" "You should know that I am Isha Putra, the Son of God", he replied blissfully, and "am born of a virgin.""

Text 24

""I am the expounder of the religion of the mlecchas and I strictly adhere to the Absolute Truth." Hearing this the king enquired, "What are the religious principles according to your opinion?"

Texts 25 - 26

"Hearing this questions of Shalivahana, Isha putra said, "O king, when the destruction of the truth occurred, I, Masiha the prophet, came to this country of degraded people where there are no rules and regulations. Finding that fearful irreligious condition of the barbarians spreading from Mleccha-Desha, I have taken to prophethood"."

Texts 27 - 29

"Please hear, Oh king, which religious principles I have established among the mlecchas. The living entity is subject to good and bad contaminations. The mind should be purified by taking recourse of proper conduct and performance of japa [meditation on the chanting of the holy names of God]. By chanting the holy names one attains the highest purity. Just as the immovable sun attracts, from all directions, the elements of all living beings, the Lord of the Surya Mandala [solar planet], who is fixed and all-attractive, and attracts the hearts of all living creatures. Thus by following rules, speaking truthful words, by mental harmony and by meditation, Oh descendant of Manu, one should worship that immovable Lord"."

Text 30

"Having placed the eternally pure and auspicious form of the Supreme Lord in my heart, O protector of the earth planet, I preached these principles through the mlecchas" own faith and thus my name became "isha-masiha"."

Text 31

"After hearing these words and paying obeisances to that person who is worshiped by the wicked, the king humbly requested him to stay there in the dreadful land of mlecchas."

Text 32

"King Shalivahana, after leaving his kingdom performed an asvamedha yajna and after ruling for sixty years, went to heaven. Now please hear what happened when the king went to (the heavenly region of) svargaloka."

The answer is still NO.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 12:04:05 PM
At 1/14/2016 5:21:49 AM, Pandit wrote:

What do you make of it?

For religious and Spiritual Knowledge , I rely on myself , Parents and Religious texts .

Then you must not have heard of A.C Bhaktivendata Swami Prabhupada A genuine and bona fide Guru.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 12:22:25 PM
At 1/14/2016 11:09:31 AM, Carcharus wrote:
a mere critique of polytheism would not act as a critique of Hinduism as a whole.

Thank you for your contribution, Carcharus.

I agree that it's ill-advised to generalise from a religious category like polytheism to a complex set of cultural traditions like Hinduism.

But here is a hard question for you. If Hinduism isn't a single faith -- and I agree, it should not be described that way -- then how can it be categorised?

Moreover, in the same spirit, should Christianity be seen as a single faith? Why or why not?
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 12:32:58 PM
At 1/14/2016 5:54:11 AM, Gentorev wrote:

Interesting and I also see the similarities, Only thing I would disagree with is that Krisna is an avatar of Vishnu or even Brahama, As it is said, Krisna is svayam bhagavān, "The Lord" or "The Lord Himself")

Also in the Bhagavad gita Krisna states,

Chapter 10, Verse 8

I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me. The wise who know this perfectly engage in My devotional service and worship Me with all their hearts.

Furthermore, O Arjuna, I am the generating seed of all existences. There is no being-moving or unmoving-that can exist without Me.

Chapter 10, Verse 40

Know that all beautiful, glorious, and mighty creations spring from but a spark of My splendor.

Chapter 10, Verse 42

Chapter 10, Verse 33

Of letters I am the letter A, and among compounds I am the dual word. I am also inexhaustable time, and of creators I am Brahmā, whose manifold faces turn everywhere.
Pandit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 2:56:45 PM
At 1/14/2016 12:04:05 PM, johnlubba wrote:

What do you make of it?

Then you must not have heard of A.C Bhaktivendata Swami Prabhupada A genuine and bona fide Guru.

ISKCON ???

I am Culturally Shiva and Shakti Worshiper with Love towards Lord Vishnu .
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 3:29:08 PM
At 1/14/2016 2:56:45 PM, Pandit wrote:
At 1/14/2016 12:04:05 PM, johnlubba wrote:

What do you make of it?

ISKCON ???

Yes

Good for you,
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 3:37:10 PM

ISKCON ???

Did you know that there is a Shiva statue outside CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, which is one of the world's largest and most respected centres for scientific research.

https://cds.cern.ch...

A special plaque next to the Shiva statue at CERN explains the significance of the metaphor of Shiva"s cosmic dance with several quotations from The Tao of Physics. Here is the text of the plaque:

Ananda K. Coomaraswamy, seeing beyond the unsurpassed rhythm, beauty, power and grace of the Nataraja, once wrote of it "It is the clearest image of the activity of God which any art or religion can boast of."

More recently, Fritjof Capra explained that "Modern physics has shown that the rhythm of creation and destruction is not only manifest in the turn of the seasons and in the birth and death of all living creatures, but is also the very essence of inorganic matter," and that "For the modern physicists, then, Shiva"s dance is the dance of subatomic matter."

It is indeed as Capra concluded: "Hundreds of years ago, Indian artists created visual images of dancing Shivas in a beautiful series of bronzes. In our time, physicists have used the most advanced technology to portray the patterns of the cosmic dance. The metaphor of the cosmic dance thus unifies ancient mythology, religious art and modern physics."

http://www.fritjofcapra.net...
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 3:53:58 PM
At 1/14/2016 11:51:57 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Yes they are, and that would be because you don't represent Hindus at all, ever, even when asked. But...you do misrepresent Christianity and Jesus non stop, which makes you a liar and a lunatic as well as delusional to believe you were voted what you keep claiming below, see how reaping and sowing works lol? You must have skipped the karma lesson in your "spirituality".
If anyone is doing any depriving it's you.

My post was addressed to Pandit. You must be very desperate to be included. It must be pretty lonely staring at a dead wooden cross all day.

Jesus did more in "three years" then all your Hindu gurus put together over a 12,000 year period lol, it's all in the Gospels and epistles nestled peacefully beneath as I said, but you have not the spiritual depth to see all the treasures inside, too bad you want to be a liar and a lunatic.

If you take out all the lines that Jesus borrowed from Buddha (400-600 BC) who spoke about the golden rule, peaceful resistance, universal brotherhood and a non-materialistic moral living, you are left with:
John 12:49 For I do not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken.

Jesus walked around with a vacant brain hoping it would be filled with words he could utter without much thought to it's meaning or significance. The rest he borrowed from Buddha which Hindus easily recognize and have been following for centuries before Jesus got wind of it, The average Hindu can lecture Jesus on spirituality.

I am Harikrish. Namaste.

Who have you helped? You told me it was impossible for "christians" to be "enlightened" (learn) so what do you have to offer? You can't even answer questions for your beliefs, much less represent them. When challenged with something you have no answer for you just ignore it and repeat, ignore and repeat.....
Your karma is not ready for my spiritual message. You have to go through many more life cycles before you are adequately prepared. Wait your turn.
Pandit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 4:22:05 PM
At 1/14/2016 3:37:10 PM, johnlubba wrote:

ISKCON ???

Did you know that there is a Shiva statue outside CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, which is one of the world's largest and most respected centres for scientific research.

https://cds.cern.ch...

A special plaque next to the Shiva statue at CERN explains the significance of the metaphor of Shiva"s cosmic dance with several quotations from The Tao of Physics. Here is the text of the plaque:

Ananda K. Coomaraswamy, seeing beyond the unsurpassed rhythm, beauty, power and grace of the Nataraja, once wrote of it "It is the clearest image of the activity of God which any art or religion can boast of."

More recently, Fritjof Capra explained that "Modern physics has shown that the rhythm of creation and destruction is not only manifest in the turn of the seasons and in the birth and death of all living creatures, but is also the very essence of inorganic matter," and that "For the modern physicists, then, Shiva"s dance is the dance of subatomic matter."

It is indeed as Capra concluded: "Hundreds of years ago, Indian artists created visual images of dancing Shivas in a beautiful series of bronzes. In our time, physicists have used the most advanced technology to portray the patterns of the cosmic dance. The metaphor of the cosmic dance thus unifies ancient mythology, religious art and modern physics."

http://www.fritjofcapra.net...

WoW !!!

I have heard about some sci fi concepts in Vedas that mesmerize Scientists .