Jump to topic:

Is God a female?

janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2016 9:27:16 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Females can exist and reproduce on their own. There is really no need for males, they are just altered females if you really look at it closely.

So I suggest God is a female, who created maleness because she was lonely or bored.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2016 9:44:27 PM
At 1/9/2016 9:27:16 PM, janesix wrote:
Females can exist and reproduce on their own. There is really no need for males, they are just altered females if you really look at it closely.

So I suggest God is a female, who created maleness because she was lonely or bored.

Considering the various rules, drama, inconsistency, demands and requests that God/s make, I am inclined to agree.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2016 9:46:42 PM

The you are incorrect, for God is an androgynous being of both male and female.
So God made man in his own image, in the image of God he created them, male and female he created them and named them Adam.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2016 9:49:04 PM
At 1/9/2016 9:46:42 PM, Gentorev wrote:

So God made man in his own image, in the image of God he created them, male and female he created them and named them Adam.

Why am I incorrect? Because your insubstatiated words from an archaic book don't fit in with my theory?

Why do you think your book is correct above all others?
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2016 10:18:10 PM
At 1/9/2016 9:49:04 PM, janesix wrote:

Why am I incorrect? Because your insubstatiated words from an archaic book don't fit in with my theory?

INSUBSTATIATED????

Again you are incorrect, it is not males that are altered females, but females who are altered males.

That's why doctors smack new born babies on the backside, to knock the testicles of the dumb ones who can't spell "Unsubstantiated."
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2016 10:19:44 PM
At 1/9/2016 10:18:10 PM, Gentorev wrote:

INSUBSTATIATED????

Again you are incorrect, it is not males that are altered females, but females who are altered males.

That's why doctors smack new born babies on the backside, to knock the testicles of the dumb ones who can't spell "Unsubstantiated."

Is that why females have nipples? You are making a whole lot of sense.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2016 10:26:03 PM
At 1/9/2016 10:19:44 PM, janesix wrote:
At 1/9/2016 10:18:10 PM, Gentorev wrote:

INSUBSTATIATED????

Is that why females have nipples? You are making a whole lot of sense.

And the fact that both males and females have nipples, has "WHAT" to do with your unsubstantiated belief?
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2016 11:04:12 PM

Please explain how a female human can reproduce on her own ?

The bible suggests God is a spirit. ( John 4:24)
It also suggests a spirit , God and the children of God, are neither male nor female. (Gal 3:26-28)

It makes sense to me when you read things like God is LOVE. God is LIGHT. God is a consuming fire....etc.
Are any of those things male or female?

God is definitely not male since the bible says God is NOT A MAN. (Num 23:19 )
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 1:33:27 AM
At 1/9/2016 11:04:12 PM, Skyangel wrote:

cloning

The Bible is goatherder nonsense from thousands of years ago
It also suggests a spirit , God and the children of God, are neither male nor female. (Gal 3:26-28)

It makes sense to me when you read things like God is LOVE. God is LIGHT. God is a consuming fire....etc.
females can create from themselves while males can do nothing on their own

I thought you were an atheist. Why do you care what the Bible says?
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 2:28:43 AM
At 1/10/2016 1:33:27 AM, janesix wrote:

cloning

Are you suggesting all females learn how to clone themselves?
Males can do that too so if cloning is your chosen reproduction process, males could also live without females.
However it is not a natural reproduction process. It is an artificial process created by humans and you need to learn how to do it. No one needs to learn how to do what comes naturally in the natural reproduction cycle of humans.

To my understanding, human cloning is currently still fiction anyway.
https://www.genome.gov...
"Despite several highly publicized claims, human cloning still appears to be fiction. There currently is no solid scientific evidence that anyone has cloned human embryos."

Maybe so but a lot of truth can be found in the lessons and principles taught by mythical characters in the bible, the same as you can learn lessons from any fables.

Really ? Why can a female clone herself and a male cannot in your opinion?
Read the section " How are animals cloned" on https://www.genome.gov...
Theoretically any animal egg could be used for cloning if they remove the DNA from the egg. In that case it would would not be necessary to use a human egg for human cloning but whether the end result of a clone using the egg of an ape for example would be human or not is left to imagination .
It might make an interesting thread in the science section.

It interests me in the same way any fables interest me. I find there are practical lessons and principles in the stories and the bible itself describes God in many different ways which make perfect sense when you don't believe the character is real.
God is LIGHT or God is LOVE, makes as much sense to me as saying Mother nature is nature or Father Time is time or the Grim Reaper is death.

One does not need to believe a mythical character is real to know that the thing the character represents is real.
The way I see it, God simply represents life, much like Mother Nature represents nature.
It's very simple really.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 2:34:28 AM
At 1/10/2016 2:28:43 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 1/10/2016 1:33:27 AM, janesix wrote:

cloning

Are you suggesting all females learn how to clone themselves?
Males can do that too so if cloning is your chosen reproduction process, males could also live without females.
However it is not a natural reproduction process. It is an artificial process created by humans and you need to learn how to do it. No one needs to learn how to do what comes naturally in the natural reproduction cycle of humans.

To my understanding, human cloning is currently still fiction anyway.
https://www.genome.gov...
"Despite several highly publicized claims, human cloning still appears to be fiction. There currently is no solid scientific evidence that anyone has cloned human embryos."

Maybe so but a lot of truth can be found in the lessons and principles taught by mythical characters in the bible, the same as you can learn lessons from any fables.

Really ? Why can a female clone herself and a male cannot in your opinion?
Read the section " How are animals cloned" on https://www.genome.gov...
Theoretically any animal egg could be used for cloning if they remove the DNA from the egg. In that case it would would not be necessary to use a human egg for human cloning but whether the end result of a clone using the egg of an ape for example would be human or not is left to imagination .
It might make an interesting thread in the science section.

It interests me in the same way any fables interest me. I find there are practical lessons and principles in the stories and the bible itself describes God in many different ways which make perfect sense when you don't believe the character is real.
God is LIGHT or God is LOVE, makes as much sense to me as saying Mother nature is nature or Father Time is time or the Grim Reaper is death.

One does not need to believe a mythical character is real to know that the thing the character represents is real.
The way I see it, God simply represents life, much like Mother Nature represents nature.
It's very simple really.
You are getting way too caught up in the cloning thing. All I'm saying is it's possible for females to live without males, but not vice versa. There are several examples of this in nature, in certain lizards and fish.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 2:35:41 AM
At 1/10/2016 2:34:28 AM, janesix wrote:

You are getting way too caught up in the cloning thing. All I'm saying is it's possible for females to live without males, but not vice versa. There are several examples of this in nature, in certain lizards and fish.

Yes but never in humans.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 2:39:17 AM
At 1/10/2016 2:35:41 AM, Skyangel wrote:

Yes but never in humans.

So? You're missing the point.

I'm suggesting God is a female because it makes more sense than if God were a male or neuter or androgynous.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 3:38:54 AM
At 1/10/2016 2:39:17 AM, janesix wrote:

Yes but never in humans.

I'm suggesting God is a female because it makes more sense than if God were a male or neuter or androgynous.

It make more sense to who, that God is a female rather than an androgene? "YOU?"
DanMGTOW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 6:18:21 AM

since most gods are imaginary, sure your god can be female.
many polytheists have some female deities.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 6:37:16 AM

Well then, an old mate of mine might just agree with you. He own a prawn trawler, and after 3 moths working up around the northern islands, I met him in the pub, where he told me that he had met God while working up there and when I asked him what God looked like, he said, "She was big, black and beautiful.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 10:17:02 AM

Bible God is spirit:

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
John 4:24

And love:

He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16

I think He is more than woman, or human.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 12:11:24 PM
At 1/10/2016 10:17:02 AM, 12_13 wrote:

Bible God is spirit:

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
John 4:24

And love:

He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16

I think He is more than woman, or human.

But you must believe that God is a male as you refer to God in every instance as "HE" and "HIM."
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 12:39:03 PM

I am of the opinion if the deity exists it would be genderless. I doubt it's female, I hope us women wouldn't screw up as badly as the deity featured in the Bible!
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 1:05:49 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/10/2016 12:39:03 PM, JJ50 wrote:

I am of the opinion if the deity exists it would be genderless. I doubt it's female, I hope us women wouldn't screw up as badly as the deity featured in the Bible!

"THE SON OF MAN" is the MOST HIGH in the creation, and according to our concept of one directional linear time, is currently developing within the expanded and pregnant androgynous body of mankind=Eve.

It is He who descends through time and takes on the sins of the body in which he develops. Everything that sinful man has done or will do in his (The OMEGA'S) past, he claims the responsibility. Are we truly obedient servants to our indwelling spirit, or does he also pay the penalty for those who rebel against their own conscious?
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 1:12:41 PM

God has no gender.

He does not reproduce, nor does he have need to do so.

However I have yet to work out how a female can reproduce on her own without a male included at some level, if only as a sperm donor.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 1:19:32 PM
At 1/10/2016 1:12:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

God has no gender.

However I have yet to work out how a female can reproduce on her own without a male included at some level, if only as a sperm donor.

There speaks the voice of authority, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 3:13:48 PM

God has no gender.

How could you possibly know that? You just made it up.

And, you know that, how? You made it up.

You were the one who said God can do whatever she wants, that she can change the laws of time and space whenever she wishes. So then, God can reproduce on her own.

Maybe God, as a woman, reproduced through a human who had a son.

Wow, look at me, I'm just like MCB, making stuff up as I go along.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 9:55:18 PM

Yes but never in humans.

It makes more sense to me that the God character in the stories is merely a representation of life which is male, female, androgynous, self replicating, living and dead, and everything else you can imagine when it comes to all the processes involved in life.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 10:05:10 PM

God has no gender.
I agree with that so why do you call God "him" and not "her" or "IT"?
If God has no gender it would be far more correct to call God an "IT" in English rather than "Him"

Then why did IT need a son at all?

If you read previous posts you might notice her answer is cloning.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 10:06:11 PM
At 1/10/2016 3:13:48 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

God has no gender.

I have his word on it, in the Bible.

Again I have God's own word for it.

You were the one who said God can do whatever she wants, that she can change the laws of time and space whenever she wishes. So then, God can reproduce on her own.

God can and did create more like himself, but he did not reproduce them in any way which gave rise to a need for Gender. Gender with God is what is known as a honourific. He is classed as male because of the scriptural headship principle.

No, he had a son alright, but he reproduced by creation. Then that son worked with him in creating other sons.

Then they created the universe.

Then they created the solar system.

Then they created life.

I don't need to make anything up. I have God's word for what I post.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 11:26:46 PM
At 1/10/2016 10:06:11 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

God has no gender.

You're lying, there is no reference to God's gender in the Bible as having no gender.

You're lying, there is no reference to God reproducing in the Bible.

God can and did create more like himself, but he did not reproduce them in any way which gave rise to a need for Gender. Gender with God is what is known as a honourific. He is classed as male because of the scriptural headship principle.

You're lying again, there is no reference to creating more like himself in the Bible.

No, he had a son alright, but he reproduced by creation. Then that son worked with him in creating other sons.

You're lying, there is no reference to a son working to create other sons in the Bible.

Then they created life.

You're lying, that is a fact.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 11:53:19 PM
At 1/10/2016 9:55:18 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Yes but never in humans.

It makes more sense to me that the God character in the stories is merely a representation of life which is male, female, androgynous, self replicating, living and dead, and everything else you can imagine when it comes to all the processes involved in life.

Are you a hippie?
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2016 11:57:55 PM
At 1/10/2016 11:26:46 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/10/2016 10:06:11 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

God has no gender.

You're lying, there is no reference to God's gender in the Bible as having no gender.

You're lying, there is no reference to God reproducing in the Bible.

You're lying again, there is no reference to creating more like himself in the Bible.

You're lying, there is no reference to a son working to create other sons in the Bible.

Then they created life.

You're lying, that is a fact.

Not in the least, no matter how much you want to believe it.