Jump to topic:

Does it ever occur...

Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 3:14:57 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Does it ever occur to the posters as to why the Jehovah's witnesses are forever under the hammer, so to speak. This organization is lied about, threatened, accused of harming families and people, seemingly without nay thought to what is being said is truth.

The teachings of the JWs comes from the Bible only, yes they have study aids but everything they say is backed by the Bible scriptures and you can use whatever Bible you wish.

The teachings are the same for every JW in the world, they do not include local wishes, from local traditions to appease locals, no congregation is autonomous, they are all under the Word Of God.

Thee is so much contradiction in the thoughts of man in relation to his existence, but the Bible is the only source of the Truth of that question. IMO.

Has anyone got a good word for the JWs, who are not of that faith?
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 3:23:24 AM
At 1/11/2016 3:14:57 AM, Peternosaint wrote:

Absolutely. I readily defend the Watchtower and JWs from baseless attacks on my blog:
http://witnessofjah.blogspot.com...

If you go to my profile, you will also see I have defended JW teachings in debates.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 3:30:54 AM
At 1/11/2016 3:23:24 AM, tstor wrote:

Absolutely. I readily defend the Watchtower and JWs from baseless attacks on my blog:

If you go to my profile, you will also see I have defended JW teachings in debates.

I love the people, but I detest and hate the false teachings by which they blind their poor subjects, and lock them into the dark dungeons of ignorance, where the light of God's truths cannot reach them.
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 3:33:45 AM
At 1/11/2016 3:30:54 AM, Gentorev wrote:

I love the people, but I detest and hate the false teachings by which they blind their poor subjects, and lock them into the dark dungeons of ignorance, where the light of God's truths cannot reach them.
I guess you did not find it necessary to provide supporting evidence?
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 4:09:08 AM
At 1/11/2016 3:33:45 AM, tstor wrote:

I guess you did not find it necessary to provide supporting evidence?

The Bible is all the evidence that is needed.
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 4:12:13 AM
At 1/11/2016 4:09:08 AM, Gentorev wrote:

Well, I have several that I read from regularly. JWs have Bibles. So quite obviously that is not all that is needed.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 5:10:03 AM
Does it ever occur to the posters as to why the Jehovah's witnesses are forever under the hammer, so to speak. This organization is lied about, threatened, accused of harming families and people, seemingly without nay thought to what is being said is truth.

It's not unusual for insular and obnoxious groups to be lied about, Peter -- and JWs have a reputation for both insularity, and obnoxious and uninvited intrusions on the peaceful lives of others. I've seen some cruel things said about Jehova's Witnesses, and I'd agree that not all are deserved.

But that doesn't make every criticism a lie.
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 6:19:33 AM
During World War II, Hitler demanded that all the Jehovah's Witnesses in Germany convert to Nazism, or else. They flat out refused. As a result, thousands of them were thrown in prison or sent to the concentration camps to suffer and die alongside the Jews and the homosexuals and everyone else.

Regardless of my objections to their beliefs as an atheist, I find this level of integrity extremely commendable. They could have just pantomimed fealty to Hitler and avoided a world of persecution in an extremely tense period of history. They were a Christian movement, and Hitler was Christian, so he would probably have given their movement a free pass as long as they swore loyalty. But they would not.

https://en.wikipedia.org...'s_Witnesses_in_Nazi_Germany
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 7:05:39 AM

The teachings of the JWs comes from the Bible only, yes they have study aids but everything they say is backed by the Bible scriptures and you can use whatever Bible you wish.

The teachings are the same for every JW in the world, they do not include local wishes, from local traditions to appease locals, no congregation is autonomous, they are all under the Word Of God.

Thee is so much contradiction in the thoughts of man in relation to his existence, but the Bible is the only source of the Truth of that question. IMO.

I am not a JW and one good thing about them is that the members are sincere about what they believe is true.

However, so are all other religions.

That does not mean that all religious beliefs are true. It simply means the members of any religion are faithful to their own religion and beliefs even if they do believe lies are true and call their lies truth.
Very few question their own teachings.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 10:32:32 AM

There is NOTHING good about that evil sect, imo!
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 12:29:16 PM
At 1/11/2016 4:12:13 AM, tstor wrote:
At 1/11/2016 4:09:08 AM, Gentorev wrote:

Well, I have several that I read from regularly. JWs have Bibles. So quite obviously that is not all that is needed.

Have you ever read an edition of the Watch Tower prior 1975, concerning the Battle of Armageddon? Which is but one of their many false prophecies, because of their total ignorance to the Holy Scriptures.
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 8:28:50 PM
At 1/11/2016 12:29:16 PM, Gentorev wrote:

Have you ever read an edition of the Watch Tower prior 1975, concerning the Battle of Armageddon? Which is but one of their many false prophecies, because of their total ignorance to the Holy Scriptures.
I have read their publications regarding 1975, yes.
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 9:16:19 PM
At 1/11/2016 8:28:50 PM, tstor wrote:

Of course, the Bible tells of the time when the witnesses will be attacked by the forces of satan, which I believe are those that speak malicious and unfounded lies about them as an organization.

Some of the things on the Web is outrageous, and blatant lies, usually put there from those that know nothing about the organisation, but like to be on the glory cart of abuse.

By the way, I am not a JW, I am not baptised, total immersion as a adult and active publisher is required, not a splash of water on a baby's head, but I have been associated with the JWs through family members, so I get a little miffed, for my family's sake when I see the stupid comments.

I think to speak about the JWs fairly, unbiased and with actual first hand knowledge in front of some people is covered in this scripture, Matt: 7.6 It is not a waste of time, even if there is not much time left.
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 9:24:01 PM

Another thought comes from John 1:1. what was In the beginning. Some use this scripture, with the false translation of the small g god to prove the trinity, yet in the beginning means the beginning of creation which was when the word was (created)
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 9:48:30 PM

No my friend, I was not referring to any post 1975 publication, where they attempt to twist and distort what was said prior to 1975.

I will endeavour to find one of their prior publications for you and print an except for all on this forum to see, plus a few more of their false prophesies.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 10:42:36 PM

*By their interpretation of the Bible.

Says who? Or to be more specific who says the Bible is the only source of truth, or even one source of truth?

They have zeal.
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 11:19:44 PM
At 1/11/2016 10:42:36 PM, Geogeer wrote:

*By their interpretation of the Bible.

There is so much contradiction in the thoughts of man in relation to his existence, but the Bible is the only source of the Truth of that question. IMO.

Says who? Or to be more specific who says the Bible is the only source of truth, or even one source of truth?

They have zeal.

I would back the NWT for interpretation against any other bible translation in the world.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 11:24:27 PM
At 1/11/2016 11:19:44 PM, Peternosaint wrote:

There is so much contradiction in the thoughts of man in relation to his existence, but the Bible is the only source of the Truth of that question. IMO.

Still need an answer for this one...

They have zeal.

I would back the NWT for interpretation against any other bible translation in the world.

Why?
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 2:00:58 AM
At 1/11/2016 11:24:27 PM, Geogeer wrote:

They have zeal.

Why?

"says who" your quote, what does IMO mean. I would suggest to you that the Bible to have reached its present status, with its history and chronological presentation, is without doubt a world wide best seller...If you are agnostic that means nothing to yur, if you are a creationist then it means everything.

If I wished to ask a question of God's word, I would go to the Bible, not the book of popular mechanics, or how to grow tomatoes, would you?...Well probably yes!
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 2:03:41 AM

The church that is wrong is the one up the street from yours. A task for you, use the Bible, the only source for the word of God, and come back with t he 'false teachings' you talk about.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 2:23:53 AM
At 1/12/2016 2:03:41 AM, Peternosaint wrote:

The church that is wrong is the one up the street from yours. A task for you, use the Bible, the only source for the word of God, and come back with t he 'false teachings' you talk about.

The JW cult is but one of the harlot daughters of the Famous Prostitute, who sits on the seven hills of Rome, who, with her false teachings of the supposed virgin birth, has blinded her captors to the wonderful truths as revealed in the Holy Scriptures.

After being brought up on her false and misleading spiritual milk, the founder of the JW's broke away from their mother body in order to begin a family of their own, a family which is as ignorant to God's Word as is their Mother body.

What a shame that your god was never able to raise a descendant of Adam from death and bestow on them the gift of eternal life.
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 2:37:30 AM

It seems like JW rhetorics are copied from the rhetorics of Judaism, saying "We are the chosen one, people could and will hate us how much they want, this will just fulfill prophecy even more".

I know too little of JW to say anything about them. Although I can say that, even from an atheist perspective like mine, you have a quite more sensible interpretations of the Bible, given you don't celebrate Christmas that it seems that you haven't ignored 1 Timothy 2:9, whereas like 95% of all mainstream Christians celebrate the unsupported festivities of Christmas and ignore the female dress codes given by Paul.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 3:15:25 AM
At 1/11/2016 9:16:19 PM, Peternosaint wrote:

Of course, the Bible tells of the time when the witnesses will be attacked by the forces of satan, which I believe are those that speak malicious and unfounded lies about them as an organization.

Some of the things on the Web is outrageous, and blatant lies, usually put there from those that know nothing about the organisation, but like to be on the glory cart of abuse.

By the way, I am not a JW, I am not baptised, total immersion as a adult and active publisher is required, not a splash of water on a baby's head, but I have been associated with the JWs through family members, so I get a little miffed, for my family's sake when I see the stupid comments.

I think to speak about the JWs fairly, unbiased and with actual first hand knowledge in front of some people is covered in this scripture, Matt: 7.6 It is not a waste of time, even if there is not much time left.

I think Matthew 7: 22-23; is more applicable to the JW cult: When the Judgement day comes, many will say to me, 'Lord, lord! In your name we spoke God's message, by your name we drove out many demons and performed many miracles!' Then I will say to them, 'I never knew you. Get away from me, you wicked people!'
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 5:38:47 AM
At 1/12/2016 2:00:58 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 1/11/2016 11:24:27 PM, Geogeer wrote:

They have zeal.

Why?

"says who" your quote, what does IMO mean. I would suggest to you that the Bible to have reached its present status, with its history and chronological presentation, is without doubt a world wide best seller...If you are agnostic that means nothing to yur, if you are a creationist then it means everything.

Who says the Bible is the word of God and why do you believe them?

If I wished to ask a question of God's word, I would go to the Bible, not the book of popular mechanics, or how to grow tomatoes, would you?...Well probably yes!

The question was why do you believe what the JWs propose. Even they won't say it is the truth.
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 6:09:42 AM
At 1/12/2016 3:15:25 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/11/2016 9:16:19 PM, Peternosaint wrote:

I think Matthew 7: 22-23; is more applicable to the JW cult: When the Judgement day comes, many will say to me, 'Lord, lord! In your name we spoke God's message, by your name we drove out many demons and performed many miracles!' Then I will say to them, 'I never knew you. Get away from me, you wicked people!'

Matthew can't be talking about the JWs, they do not do exorcism or preform miracles, you might be talking about the Pentecostals.
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 6:15:12 AM
At 1/11/2016 6:19:33 AM, Casten wrote:
During World War II, Hitler demanded that all the Jehovah's Witnesses in Germany convert to Nazism, or else. They flat out refused. As a result, thousands of them were thrown in prison or sent to the concentration camps to suffer and die alongside the Jews and the homosexuals and everyone else.

Regardless of my objections to their beliefs as an atheist, I find this level of integrity extremely commendable. They could have just pantomimed fealty to Hitler and avoided a world of persecution in an extremely tense period of history. They were a Christian movement, and Hitler was Christian, so he would probably have given their movement a free pass as long as they swore loyalty. But they would not.

https://en.wikipedia.org...'s_Witnesses_in_Nazi_Germany

The Catholic Pope of that time was approached by a delegation of clergy asking the Pope to intervene on behalf of the Jews and others. The Pope could have excommunicated Hitler, who was a catholic by birth, but the Pope didn't have a lot of concern about the Nazi eliminating the Jews, so he refused help.

There was a Catholic legate who was by Hitler's side for a long time during the lead up to the war, and it is said that through him a lot of the artifacts stolen by the Germans is secreted in the Vatican vaults.
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 6:29:18 AM
At 1/12/2016 2:23:53 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/12/2016 2:03:41 AM, Peternosaint wrote:

The JW cult is but one of the harlot daughters of the Famous Prostitute, who sits on the seven hills of Rome, who, with her false teachings of the supposed virgin birth, has blinded her captors to the wonderful truths as revealed in the Holy Scriptures.

After being brought up on her false and misleading spiritual milk, the founder of the JW's broke away from their mother body in order to begin a family of their own, a family which is as ignorant to God's Word as is their Mother body.

What a shame that your god was never able to raise a descendant of Adam from death and bestow on them the gift of eternal life.

First: Where are the harlots daughters mentioned in the Bible?

Secondly, another version of the revelations on that subject shows the the Harlot is all false religion (Christendom) who has ridden on the back of the beast, which is world governments, and hasn't that been very true, religion and politics have always gone hand in hand, except for the Jws who you call a cult to be nasty not because you know what a cult really is.

There is no 7 hills of Rome, and Rome was gone long before the Jws came into existence as a formidable religious, truth bearing group.

This cult you snidely remark about has 9 million adult, baptized publishers, that is not counting the new ones, the very young ones and the elderly, and guess what, it is growing every day, not emptying like Christendoms Churches.

Did you know that there is a resolution on the Books of the UN to ban all religion, which seem to back up the fact that the Beast will turn upon the harlot and devour her.
fromantle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 11:17:27 AM
There are men and women of good dependable charater in all religious groups and among unbelievers. It is not the label that declears the character it is our behaviour that speaks for everyone of us.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 11:48:21 AM
At 1/12/2016 6:29:18 AM, Peternosaint wrote: First: Where are the harlots daughters mentioned in the Bible?

Gentorev............Rev 17: 5; And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY Babylon THE GREAT. THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Glad to be of assistance to people such as yourself who are ignorant to the scriptures.

Secondly, another version of the revelations on that subject shows the the Harlot is all false religion (Christendom) who has ridden on the back of the beast, which is world governments, and hasn't that been very true, religion and politics have always gone hand in hand, except for the Jws who you call a cult to be nasty not because you know what a cult really is.

There is no 7 hills of Rome, and Rome was gone long before the Jws came into existence as a formidable religious, truth bearing group.

Rome which still stands today is situated on seven hills. Just how ignorant are you?

Rome and the great prostitute who sits on the seven hills of Rome=Babylon the Great who is the mother of harlots has existed from the early fourth century when it was founded by Emperor Constantine in 325 AD, while the JW cult was only established in America in the late nineteenth century. One of their earlier false prophesies concerned the year of 1928. Do you know what that false prophecy was?

This cult you snidely remark about has 9 million adult, baptized publishers, that is not counting the new ones, the very young ones and the elderly, and guess what, it is growing every day, not emptying like Christendoms Churches.

And how many millions belong to the mother body of Rome, from who, many of the false teachings of the JW's originated?

Did you know that there is a resolution on the Books of the UN to ban all religion, which seem to back up the fact that the Beast will turn upon the harlot and devour her.

Did you know that a great war is to break out in the Middle East, at the close of the sixth day or rather the sixth thousandth year from the first day in which Adam died at the age of 930, 70 years before the close of that first day, when Christ will rule the great Sabbath of one thousand years with a rod of iron.

From the Book of Jubilees 4: 30; "And He (Adam) lacked seventy years of one thousand years; for one thousand years are as one day in the testimony of the heavens and therefore was it written concerning the tree of knowledge: "On the day thou eat thereof ye shall die." For this reason Adam did not complete the years of that first day; for He died during it."
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 4:55:39 AM
At 1/12/2016 11:48:21 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/12/2016 6:29:18 AM, Peternosaint wrote: First: Where are the harlots daughters mentioned in the Bible?

Gentorev............Rev 17: 5; And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY Babylon THE GREAT. THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Glad to be of assistance to people such as yourself who are ignorant to the scriptures.

Rome which still stands today is situated on seven hills. Just how ignorant are you?

Rome and the great prostitute who sits on the seven hills of Rome=Babylon the Great who is the mother of harlots has existed from the early fourth century when it was founded by Emperor Constantine in 325 AD, while the JW cult was only established in America in the late nineteenth century. One of their earlier false prophesies concerned the year of 1928. Do you know what that false prophecy was?

And how many millions belong to the mother body of Rome, from who, many of the false teachings of the JW's originated?

Did you know that a great war is to break out in the Middle East, at the close of the sixth day or rather the sixth thousandth year from the first day in which Adam died at the age of 930, 70 years before the close of that first day, when Christ will rule the great Sabbath of one thousand years with a rod of iron.

From the Book of Jubilees 4: 30; "And He (Adam) lacked seventy years of one thousand years; for one thousand years are as one day in the testimony of the heavens and therefore was it written concerning the tree of knowledge: "On the day thou eat thereof ye shall die." For this reason Adam did not complete the years of that first day; for He died during it."

Thank you for your scriptural knowledge on that point. There is hope for you yet.

Obviously the prostitutes or harlots are the church organizations that ride on he back of the beast.

Adam and Eve did not die physically during that 24-hour day. However, they died in a spiritual sense. Irremediably alienated from the Source of life, they began a decline into death. Imagine how bitter their first encounter with death must have been when their second son, Abel, was murdered by Cain, their firstborn!"Genesis 4:1-16.

After that, comparatively little is known about the first human couple. Their third son, Seth, was born when Adam was 130 years old. Adam died 800 years later, at the age of 930, after fathering "sons and daughters.""Genesis 4:25; 5:3-5. JW.org

Just how ignorant are you? I thought I would use you tactics, don't' let the truth get in the way of a good story. I got your attention.