fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 12:20:09 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
It is useless.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 1:56:43 PM
At 1/11/2016 12:57:06 PM, desmac wrote:
At 1/11/2016 12:20:09 PM, fire_wings wrote:
It is useless.

Yet you are here.

Yeah, just to say it is useless.

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 2:05:11 PM
At 1/11/2016 1:56:43 PM, fire_wings wrote:
It is useless.

Yet you are here.

So why are you here, if you are really 14 haven't you got schoolwork you should be doing?
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 2:05:44 PM
At 1/11/2016 2:05:11 PM, JJ50 wrote:
At 1/11/2016 1:56:43 PM, fire_wings wrote:
It is useless.

Yet you are here.

So why are you here, if you are really 14 haven't you got schoolwork you should be doing?

It is 11 in the night, so I finished my homework.

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 2:06:31 PM
Extra free time: 15 minutes...

JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 2:10:32 PM
At 1/11/2016 2:06:31 PM, fire_wings wrote:

In which case find something better to do!
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 2:11:30 PM
At 1/11/2016 2:10:32 PM, JJ50 wrote:
At 1/11/2016 2:06:31 PM, fire_wings wrote:

In which case find something better to do!

I am just noobsniping. Really easy, takes 5 minutes.

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 2:12:19 PM
Framework

This is a debate with a question, and it is not resolved, so I recommend this as a poll. Because Pro is asking me a question, and if I answer it, I win. BoP is on Con. First of all, this is not a debateable (spelling error) topic because there is a question. Also, no one knows if they are going to win unless they finish the game. The grammar is wrong also.

Arguments

1. Possibility

There is a possibility that India might win the World Cup. As I said, you don't know until the game. However, there is a possibilty that they might win.

Questions

Con asks me to answer his questions, so I will

1. I think that they will probably win.

2. Why should I give a reason of why they can't win, when I am saying that they should win?

Con provides no arguments. Vote for me.

That took two minutes.

Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 6:27:38 PM
Troll posts are useless.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 6:56:53 PM
It is useless.

That's because religion is useless.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 10:36:31 PM
It is useless.

"for to proselytize people into atheism? :)
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 4:03:52 AM
At 1/11/2016 11:50:45 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
It is useless.

Hi FW,

What do you want this forum to do?

He wants this to be the Pok"mon forum.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 5:23:41 AM
At 1/12/2016 4:03:52 AM, janesix wrote:
It is useless.

Hi FW,

Jesosaurus! I choose YOU!

Mohammedont! Use BOMB attack!

It has some appeal, Jane, and could be more entertaining than some of the discussions here.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 5:50:48 AM
At 1/12/2016 5:23:41 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
It is useless.

Hi FW,

It has some appeal, Jane, and could be more entertaining than some of the discussions here.

This forum hasn't changed much, the topics/arguments are the same.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 6:10:16 AM
At 1/12/2016 5:50:48 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 1/12/2016 5:23:41 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
It is useless.

Hi FW,

What topics would you like to see, Bennett? How would you like to explore them?
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 6:28:49 AM
At 1/12/2016 6:10:16 AM, RuvDraba wrote:

In terms of religion/spirituality/meta-stuff? Perhaps if there is a way we could study how the idea of God works on a sociological level among humans we could explain "miracles" or other unexplainable feelings humans seem to have in regards to sensing beings beyond our realm - being apart of a higher purpose. Something like a human energy, like 'chi' almost. Perhaps there is an explanation in our evolution.

I'm interested in morality too, arguing against its objective existence that is. I tried with BenShapiro but its like - and I've seen this with a number of folks - it's like he has a logical block in his brain. Like his first 2 premises will be ok, then #3 is like whoa left turn and the conclusion comes outta nowhere.

Can all religious conflicts be explained away by geopolitical reasons? Or were there genuine leadership that believed their atrocities where divinely sanctioned?
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 6:32:58 AM
At 1/12/2016 6:28:49 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

In terms of religion/spirituality/meta-stuff? Perhaps if there is a way we could study how the idea of God works on a sociological level among humans we could explain "miracles" or other unexplainable feelings humans seem to have in regards to sensing beings beyond our realm - being apart of a higher purpose. Something like a human energy, like 'chi' almost. Perhaps there is an explanation in our evolution.

I'm interested in morality too, arguing against its objective existence that is. I tried with BenShapiro but its like - and I've seen this with a number of folks - it's like he has a logical block in his brain. Like his first 2 premises will be ok, then #3 is like whoa left turn and the conclusion comes outta nowhere.

Can all religious conflicts be explained away by geopolitical reasons? Or were there genuine leadership that believed their atrocities where divinely sanctioned?

I'd be happy to discuss the sociopolitical, psychological and moral/ethical elements of religion, Bennett. Although I'm irreligious myself, religion matters to most people, and people matter to me. So understanding how and why people engage religion, why they sacrifice so much for it (and sometimes betray for it too), what they understand themselves to be gaining from doing so, how they recognise those benefits and what they do with them... Those are all interesting questions, and most have very little to do with the veracity of specific religious dogma.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 6:51:39 AM
At 1/12/2016 6:32:58 AM, RuvDraba wrote:

I'd be happy to discuss the sociopolitical, psychological and moral/ethical elements of religion, Bennett. Although I'm irreligious myself, religion matters to most people, and people matter to me. So understanding how and why people engage religion, why they sacrifice so much for it (and sometimes betray for it too), what they understand themselves to be gaining from doing so, how they recognise those benefits and what they do with them... Those are all interesting questions, and most have very little to do with the veracity of specific religious dogma.

Debate about doctrine is for theists. We are not theists, so we can't honestly participate in such a discussion. I'd love to read a debate between a Muslim and Christian about the divinity/parentage of Jesus. Perhaps a Catholic vs. a Mormon would have some spice to it.

But in regards to the human condition, perhaps god can be found - a non theistic god, an energy a life fotce ... that can be ... manipulated. But who knows such dark things? *activates red lightsaber*

Oh I also like to argue that there's no such thing as free will regardless of God's existence!
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 8:25:10 AM
At 1/12/2016 6:51:39 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

Debate about doctrine is for theists. We are not theists, so we can't honestly participate in such a discussion.
Actually, the history of religious doctrine interests me too -- in part because it's part of the history of changing human ideas, in part because it helps capture the cultural sensitivities of the time, and in part because doctrinal shifts can reveal weaknesses in evidence-gathering and epistemology.

But in regards to the human condition, perhaps god can be found - a non theistic god, an energy a life fotce ... that can be ... manipulated. But who knows such dark things? *activates red lightsaber*
I'm trying to think of a way in which that would not destroy all that is best about the human condition. :D

Oh I also like to argue that there's no such thing as free will regardless of God's existence!
I've never found a definition of free will that looks empirically valid to me, in that I have no idea how we'd recognise when it existed. So like gods, free will seems to me an idealised, dogmatic, vacuous appeal to incoherent intuitions, only given credence because it already exists in language. :D
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 8:45:56 AM
At 1/12/2016 8:25:10 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/12/2016 6:51:39 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

Debate about doctrine is for theists. We are not theists, so we can't honestly participate in such a discussion.
Actually, the history of religious doctrine interests me too -- in part because it's part of the history of changing human ideas, in part because it helps capture the cultural sensitivities of the time, and in part because doctrinal shifts can reveal weaknesses in evidence-gathering and epistemology.

I'm trying to think of a way in which that would not destroy all that is best about the human condition. :D

I've never found a definition of free will that looks empirically valid to me, in that I have no idea how we'd recognise when it existed. So like gods, free will seems to me an idealised, dogmatic, vacuous appeal to incoherent intuitions, only given credence because it already exists in language. :D

So eloquent and agreeable >.<
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 1:21:28 PM
vh