Jump to topic:

Creationism and our flawed larynx

Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 5:40:29 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Many creationists like to underscore how perfect the creation of humans is. But how perfect really is our larynx? Our esophagus is located next to the trachea, allowing severe choking accidents to happen. Appromixately 2500 Americans die each year of choking on something, whereas children are those mostly in the risk zone for this.

Some answers I've had to this question is that this is a direct cause after the fall of man, and some answers have been that the larynx remains a perfect creation and that it is we humans who should blame ourselves for using it wrong. Both of these questions could although be answered with that this couldn't possibly justify children choking themselves to death, children who impossibly haven't done anything to deserve this, children who also are unable to get a grip of themselves and "learn to use the larynx correctly". Some people are also disabled and could neither not learn to use the larynx correctly.

How would you explain this from a creational perspective?
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 12:49:01 AM
At 1/11/2016 5:40:29 PM, Jovian wrote:
Many creationists like to underscore how perfect the creation of humans is. But how perfect really is our larynx? Our esophagus is located next to the trachea, allowing severe choking accidents to happen. Appromixately 2500 Americans die each year of choking on something, whereas children are those mostly in the risk zone for this.

Uhh no, creationists like to "underscore" how perfect creation as a whole works/operates, not just the human body. The universe as a whole is marvelous and beautiful, the whole ball of wax is just astounding! God is a Mad Scientist lol, there are some pretty incredible things Jovian.
Accidents will happen in a non perfect order, there will always be the threat of physical harm and death in this dimension, that is the nature of nature, it doesn't change for humans however when we leave this body those physical barriers/limits are shed.
Having said that the larynx is right where it needs to be, for the most part the design fulfills its purpose. If every single aspect of the human body were perfect it would never perish! but the human body along with all material things are meant to live and die, to start at point a and end at point b. If the larynx was in a "perfect" location what would be next? all organs and construction of the human body could be improved upon to make us immortal, but then we would no longer be Human lol.

In this realm there will be accidents and imperfection, this is not the realm of eternity this is only one stage of existence. If an accident happens here (which it can/will) then that is not the end of everything it's just hard for us with limited perception and carnal minds to accept that fact. We are not meant to have a perfect temple in this existence otherwise we would already be a spirit (eternal).

Some answers I've had to this question is that this is a direct cause after the fall of man, and some answers have been that the larynx remains a perfect creation and that it is we humans who should blame ourselves for using it wrong. Both of these questions could although be answered with that this couldn't possibly justify children choking themselves to death, children who impossibly haven't done anything to deserve this, children who also are unable to get a grip of themselves and "learn to use the larynx correctly". Some people are also disabled and could neither not learn to use the larynx correctly.

The answer is that we are not meant to be "perfect" in this dimension, there will always be accidents in this realm because it is not in a perfect state and was not meant to be. It's meant to bring forth life and decay, not be perfect and last forever, that is what the spiritual dimension is for and if you don't choke because of your flawed larynx you will eventually pass in another faulty manner.
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 12:57:16 AM
At 1/12/2016 12:49:01 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Uhh no, creationists like to "underscore" how perfect creation as a whole works/operates, not just the human body.

Finally someone taking the time to answer me, since this was something I'm thinking of much. Yes true, but human body is a part of this.

The universe as a whole is marvelous and beautiful, the whole ball of wax is just astounding! God is a Mad Scientist lol, there are some pretty incredible things Jovian.
Accidents will happen in a non perfect order, there will always be the threat of physical harm and death in this dimension, that is the nature of nature, it doesn't change for humans however when we leave this body those physical barriers/limits are shed.

Perfect implies no mistakes. Especially the concept of a deity shouldn't do any mistakes. Clearly the larynx is a mistake.

Having said that the larynx is right where it needs to be, for the most part the design fulfills its purpose.

But not always, hence this issue.

If every single aspect of the human body were perfect it would never perish!

From a religous perspective, we die of natural deaths because God did not want us to live forever on this world. Also, two wrong don't make a right.

but the human body along with all material things are meant to live and die, to start at point a and end at point b. If the larynx was in a "perfect" location what would be next?

Nothing much more than some 2500 people every year being spared from choking accidents.

all organs and construction of the human body could be improved upon to make us immortal, but then we would no longer be Human lol.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

In this realm there will be accidents and imperfection, this is not the realm of eternity this is only one stage of existence.

Then we are not perfect. Maybe galaxies and atoms are, but not things like the larynx.

If an accident happens here (which it can/will) then that is not the end of everything it's just hard for us with limited perception and carnal minds to accept that fact. We are not meant to have a perfect temple in this existence otherwise we would already be a spirit (eternal).

The answer is that we are not meant to be "perfect" in this dimension, there will always be accidents in this realm because it is not in a perfect state and was not meant to be. It's meant to bring forth life and decay, not be perfect and last forever, that is what the spiritual dimension is for and if you don't choke because of your flawed larynx you will eventually pass in another faulty manner.

Well I think I should conclude this with "our world we are in right now actually isn't perfect, and that is totally in order with the plan, since there is another world waiting us". Also given we already have calamities like storms, tornadoes, meteorites, tsunamis etc. So my, and probably also your, conclusion sound sensible from a religious perspective.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 2:06:46 AM

The creation of the human body is not perfect, fancy having the sewage system running right through a man's favourite play ground.
The tongue, the sharp two edged sword that divides the spirit from the soul.
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 2:08:32 AM
At 1/12/2016 2:06:46 AM, Gentorev wrote:

The creation of the human body is not perfect, fancy having the sewage system running right through a man's favourite play ground.

Exactly. Creationists shouldn't really use the rhetorics of "humans are perfect so they must had been created".
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 4:06:13 AM
What's really awful is that God put the sewer in the middle of the playground. What a cruel and strange God.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 1:56:10 AM
At 1/12/2016 12:57:16 AM, Jovian wrote:
At 1/12/2016 12:49:01 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Uhh no, creationists like to "underscore" how perfect creation as a whole works/operates, not just the human body.

Finally someone taking the time to answer me, since this was something I'm thinking of much. Yes true, but human body is a part of this.

Yes, it is a part of this, not all..

The universe as a whole is marvelous and beautiful, the whole ball of wax is just astounding! God is a Mad Scientist lol, there are some pretty incredible things Jovian.

Perfect implies no mistakes. Especially the concept of a deity shouldn't do any mistakes. Clearly the larynx is a mistake.

Yes, perfect implies no mistakes we got that. But the physical dimension is not perfect, it is subject to decay and accidents.

Having said that the larynx is right where it needs to be, for the most part the design fulfills its purpose.

But not always, hence this issue.

Correct, hence the words "for the most part".

If every single aspect of the human body were perfect it would never perish!

From a religous perspective, we die of natural deaths because God did not want us to live forever on this world. Also, two wrong don't make a right.

The first sentence was good, the last doesn't fit. No one said two wrongs make a right.

but the human body along with all material things are meant to live and die, to start at point a and end at point b. If the larynx was in a "perfect" location what would be next?

Nothing much more than some 2500 people every year being spared from choking accidents.

I've been alive for 38 years, I've never once choked or knew any body that choked, not ever. I'm sure statistics are wonderful but the odds are looking pretty good.

all organs and construction of the human body could be improved upon to make us immortal, but then we would no longer be Human lol.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

When did I say they did?

In this realm there will be accidents and imperfection, this is not the realm of eternity this is only one stage of existence.

Then we are not perfect. Maybe galaxies and atoms are, but not things like the larynx.

Yes, we are not perfect....yet...

If an accident happens here (which it can/will) then that is not the end of everything it's just hard for us with limited perception and carnal minds to accept that fact. We are not meant to have a perfect temple in this existence otherwise we would already be a spirit (eternal).

Well I think I should conclude this with "our world we are in right now actually isn't perfect, and that is totally in order with the plan, since there is another world waiting us". Also given we already have calamities like storms, tornadoes, meteorites, tsunamis etc. So my, and probably also your, conclusion sound sensible from a religious perspective.

Well just because someone chokes, doesn't mean it was planned, it was an accident, as I said accidents will happen in this imperfect stage of existence. Everything is not controlled here by God, it is controlled by cause and effect (reaping and sowing), it is subject to accidents as well as free will.
But yes, I would mostly agree with your final analysis.
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 2:36:51 AM
At 1/12/2016 4:06:13 AM, janesix wrote:
What's really awful is that God put the sewer in the middle of the playground. What a cruel and strange God.
I love the argument that everyone somehow has to be repulsed by the evacuation of "sewage" as you call it. What makes you think this is somehow something other than bad TO YOU? Or imperfect to you. All you have to do is Create a human and show us how it would be better and survive.....of course you can't so you subjectively appeal to emotion, fallacious reasoNing, to act as if everyone has a bad feeling in regards to the sewer system of the human body so therefore it must be a bad thing or an imperfect placement. Based on your logic, either the sewage system or the places of pleasure should have been placed in a less private place on the body. Say sewage on the back of the head.......lol
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 2:51:52 AM

Here, this will explain it to you from someone who has a doctorate. You know those people? Educated, intelligent, actually studied human development from conception to fully formed adult. They will be more than willing to respond to any contention you think is intelligent enough for them to address.....
I have a strange feeling you won't have anything logical to counter the information but give it a shot....these are very good and engaging people and will be happy for you to give a point of view based on your in-depth study of human anatomy.
http://creation.com...