Jump to topic:

Why should we allow religion?

Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 12:49:12 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
First of all, religion is unnatural. I mean, if it was natural, then all people would have religions and atheists wouldn't exist. That is obviously not the case today.

Religion is a choice often made subconciously or conciously after a rough childhood. No scientist ever has find any gene that could strengthen "I was born religious", so those claiming this are lying.

I believe that if society allows religion, then society will just descend into a slippery slope, where other perversions will be encouraged aswell, making pedophilia and beastiality also allowed in the end.

It is a wide known thing that religion is an abomination. But I say that I won't judge any religious one, under the condition that they keep their religion in their bedrooms and let it stay there.

Right now though, people do not keep their religions for themselves. It is everywhere in society. They are teaching to our children in school that religion is something okay, no one has the right to teach that to our children. Religious people are also requesting to be able to marry each other. That can't happen, since we have a thousands years old definition of marriage as between atheists only. I won't let marriage to be redefined.

If we should let religious people do marriages, should we also let pedophiles marry 7 year olds or humans marry animals or inanimate objects? Because this would pretty much ultimately happen.

Then again, we shouldn't blame anyone for having religious thoughts. You can't steer that. But you are not a slave to your mind. You have a choice. You could choose to have a religious lifestyle or not. Today, we are being taught that religion is not a choice. That is a complete lie. Despite what the dictionary might say, religion is an activity, and not a belief inside ones head. The dictionary only picks up the most popular definitions, dictionaries are not epitomes of truth. Using them would be an ad populum argument.

There is also a risk for religion to cause an evolutionary dead end. Religious people have tons of more babies than atheists (through the courtesy of the resistance against birth control in many religions), jeopardizing this planet through causing a world where everybody only has 0,5 m2 to move oneself in. It would naturally cause a war that will eradicate humanity for good, especially since the power of all weapons in the future will be higher than today.

The amount of STDs (Seriously Tragical Douchery) is also much higher in religious people. The spread of HIV (Heavily Ignorant Values) is extremely much higher among religious people than among atheists.

All in all, it is a disorder, no matter what APA or any government funded authority will say. They are just brainwashed by the conservative agenda.

Call me a religiophobe how much you want, that is just a made-up word anyway. I'm not calling for disrespecting religious people as people. After all, there is a good quote which goes "Don't hate the immoral, hate the immorality". Everyone is born as an immoral, religion isn't an immorality bigger than any other immorality.

There are countries where religious people are killed, but I strongly condemn that behaviour. I think although that we should let religious people know that they actually have a choice, and also let them attend atheist camps if they want. Those camps are really good, they occasionally invite ex-religious people to tell about how they could learn to stay out of their religious temptations and live a normal and healthy life.

What do you think?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 1:24:30 AM
At 1/12/2016 12:49:12 AM, Jovian wrote:
First of all, religion is unnatural. I mean, if it was natural, then all people would have religions and atheists wouldn't exist. That is obviously not the case today.

Religion is a choice often made subconciously or conciously after a rough childhood. No scientist ever has find any gene that could strengthen "I was born religious", so those claiming this are lying.

I believe that if society allows religion, then society will just descend into a slippery slope, where other perversions will be encouraged aswell, making pedophilia and beastiality also allowed in the end.

It is a wide known thing that religion is an abomination. But I say that I won't judge any religious one, under the condition that they keep their religion in their bedrooms and let it stay there.

Right now though, people do not keep their religions for themselves. It is everywhere in society. They are teaching to our children in school that religion is something okay, no one has the right to teach that to our children. Religious people are also requesting to be able to marry each other. That can't happen, since we have a thousands years old definition of marriage as between atheists only. I won't let marriage to be redefined.

If we should let religious people do marriages, should we also let pedophiles marry 7 year olds or humans marry animals or inanimate objects? Because this would pretty much ultimately happen.

Then again, we shouldn't blame anyone for having religious thoughts. You can't steer that. But you are not a slave to your mind. You have a choice. You could choose to have a religious lifestyle or not. Today, we are being taught that religion is not a choice. That is a complete lie. Despite what the dictionary might say, religion is an activity, and not a belief inside ones head. The dictionary only picks up the most popular definitions, dictionaries are not epitomes of truth. Using them would be an ad populum argument.

There is also a risk for religion to cause an evolutionary dead end. Religious people have tons of more babies than atheists (through the courtesy of the resistance against birth control in many religions), jeopardizing this planet through causing a world where everybody only has 0,5 m2 to move oneself in. It would naturally cause a war that will eradicate humanity for good, especially since the power of all weapons in the future will be higher than today.

The amount of STDs (Seriously Tragical Douchery) is also much higher in religious people. The spread of HIV (Heavily Ignorant Values) is extremely much higher among religious people than among atheists.

All in all, it is a disorder, no matter what APA or any government funded authority will say. They are just brainwashed by the conservative agenda.

Call me a religiophobe how much you want, that is just a made-up word anyway. I'm not calling for disrespecting religious people as people. After all, there is a good quote which goes "Don't hate the immoral, hate the immorality". Everyone is born as an immoral, religion isn't an immorality bigger than any other immorality.

There are countries where religious people are killed, but I strongly condemn that behaviour. I think although that we should let religious people know that they actually have a choice, and also let them attend atheist camps if they want. Those camps are really good, they occasionally invite ex-religious people to tell about how they could learn to stay out of their religious temptations and live a normal and healthy life.

What do you think?

A ridiculous post brimming over with semi-literacy and condescension. Case in point:

"Religion is a choice often made subconciously or conciously after a rough childhood."

1. Most choices are made either subconsciously or consciously. Studies indicate no exceptions.

2. A "rough childhood" is ... ummm ... ill-defined in the first place, and in the second, stands just as much chance of producing a "There cannot be a God" mentality.

"I mean, if it was natural, then all people would have religions and atheists wouldn't exist."

That's even more absurd than the first example.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 1:32:27 AM
At 1/12/2016 1:24:30 AM, annanicole wrote:

What do you think?

A ridiculous post brimming over with semi-literacy and condescension. Case in point:

My English not being my mother tongue doesn't make my opinions wrong.

"Religion is a choice often made subconciously or conciously after a rough childhood."

1. Most choices are made either subconsciously or consciously. Studies indicate no exceptions.

Yes, but I accompanied this with pointing at rough childhoods.

2. A "rough childhood" is ... ummm ... ill-defined in the first place, and in the second, stands just as much chance of producing a "There cannot be a God" mentality.

Why is it ill-defined?

"I mean, if it was natural, then all people would have religions and atheists wouldn't exist."

No it isn't. Now you might probably point at some study saying how religiousity exists in animals. But really, we are not animals, we are humans. Animalistic behavoiur is not something which we should adapt.
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 1:44:51 AM
At 1/12/2016 1:32:27 AM, Jovian wrote:

What do you think?

Why is it ill-defined?
Umm, rough childhood is so subjective that it's absurd to even attempt a correlation of who did or didn't have one.

No it isn't. Now you might probably point at some study saying how religiousity exists in animals. But really, we are not animals, we are humans. Animalistic behavoiur is not something which we should adapt.
Jovial , you seem to lack basic logic skills bro. If a vagina is natural then we would all have one....see the flaw in reasoning?
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 1:47:59 AM

Who is this we you're asking and what makes you think anyone on this planet has complete control of allowing anything with any kind of infinite power over others?
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 1:50:28 AM

What do you think?

I think that there are many countries in which, if an atheist were to speak of their God as they speak of the Christian God, they would be beheaded. In those countries you will find very few outspoken atheists, in fact you would find very few atheists.

There are many Christian organisations all over the world, in which the atheists who have found the Lord, are invited to speak of their life changing experience.

I think that those who choose to be atheists, are simply ignorant people who seem to believe that a universe of mindless matter can produce beings with intrinsic ends, self- replication capabilities, and "coded chemistry" in the short period of just some 14 billion years.

Now I don't care one way or another about atheists, as long as they don't haunt all the religious forums of the world, spewing out their godless beliefs.
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 1:53:32 AM
At 1/12/2016 1:44:51 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:

What do you think?

Why is it ill-defined?
Umm, rough childhood is so subjective that it's absurd to even attempt a correlation of who did or didn't have one.

But now I mean what most people would define rough childhood with.

Jovial , you seem to lack basic logic skills bro. If a vagina is natural then we would all have one....see the flaw in reasoning?

That is a biological thing. We humans are made in many different shapes religion. Some are tall, some are short, some are white, some are black. Etc. Religion although is not anything biological. It's a choice.
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 1:54:45 AM
At 1/12/2016 1:47:59 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:

Who is this we you're asking and what makes you think anyone on this planet has complete control of allowing anything with any kind of infinite power over others?

I don't understand what you are asking. Could you rephrase it?
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 1:55:26 AM
At 1/12/2016 1:53:32 AM, Jovian wrote:

What do you think?

Why is it ill-defined?

That is a biological thing. We humans are made in many different shapes religion. Some are tall, some are short, some are white, some are black. Etc. Religion although is not anything biological. It's a choice.
So thoughts aren't biological? That's what religion is, just a bunch of words put together. I.e. just as natural as speaking and thiNing..
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 1:56:16 AM
At 1/12/2016 1:55:26 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 1/12/2016 1:53:32 AM, Jovian wrote:

What do you think?

Why is it ill-defined?

So thoughts aren't biological? That's what religion is, just a bunch of words put together. I.e. just as natural as speaking and thiNing..

They are only if they serve a biological purpose.
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 1:59:47 AM
I'm guessing this post is meant to be satire, since it seems like you're taking the worst religious conservative arguments against homosexuality and turning them back around on religion for ironic effect.

Scratch that. I'm hoping this post was meant to be satire. Hoping.
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 2:01:15 AM
At 1/12/2016 1:50:28 AM, Gentorev wrote:

What do you think?

I think that there are many countries in which, if an atheist were to speak of their God as they speak of the Christian God, they would be beheaded. In those countries you will find very few outspoken atheists, in fact you would find very few atheists.

Atheists have no god, hence the name atheists. Despite how much you would want Richard Dawkins to be a "god over atheists", he isn't.

There are many Christian organisations all over the world, in which the atheists who have found the Lord, are invited to speak of their life changing experience.

Great then.

I think that those who choose to be atheists, are simply ignorant people who seem to believe that a universe of mindless matter can produce beings with intrinsic ends, self- replication capabilities, and "coded chemistry" in the short period of just some 14 billion years.

So it's better with the belief in a god which somehow created himself and then created everything?

Now I don't care one way or another about atheists, as long as they don't haunt all the religious forums of the world, spewing out their godless beliefs.

Well after all we have freedom of speech, which also applies on you.
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 2:19:33 AM
At 1/12/2016 1:59:47 AM, Casten wrote:
I'm guessing this post is meant to be satire, since it seems like you're taking the worst religious conservative arguments against homosexuality and turning them back around on religion for ironic effect.

The interpretation is up to you ;)
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 2:21:41 AM
At 1/12/2016 2:19:33 AM, Jovian wrote:
At 1/12/2016 1:59:47 AM, Casten wrote:

The interpretation is up to you ;)
Tease.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 3:02:21 AM
At 1/12/2016 2:01:15 AM, Jovian wrote:

Gentorev.........Then why do you atheists seek out the religious people on the religion forums, in your attempt to convert the believers over to your godless belief?

Gentorev..........How ignorant can you be? You state that no one is a slave to their mind.

Mate! "YOU ARE MIND;" the mind that has developed within that body which was created from the universal elements and activated by the universal soul, which is the animating principle that pervades the entire universal body.

What do you think?

Atheists have no god, hence the name atheists. Despite how much you would want Richard Dawkins to be a "god over atheists", he isn't.

Gentorev........Fair dinkum mate? You're pulling my leg, fancy that, who would have thunk that an atheist was a godless person?

Like Jesus, Richard Dawkins is a descendant of Adam, but unlike the man Jesus, I very much doubt that Dawkins will be given divine glory and invited to sit in the throne of Godhead to the entire creation.

Great then.

Gentorev........I am glad to see that you believe the conversion of ex-atheists is GREAT.

So it's better with the belief in a god which somehow created himself and then created everything?

Gentorev.........God has always existed in one form or another and has evolved to what he is today and God is made manifest in the eternal universal body, in which all things exist.

Well after all we have freedom of speech, which also applies on you.

Gentorev........We certainly do, in this great country of Australia anyway, but why don't you practice that which you preach and keep your godless beliefs in your bedroom, rather than haunting the religion forums, trying to Jam it down the throats of the believers.
j50wells
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 12:09:45 AM
You say some good things. It would be great if everyone felt this way. But people don't feel this way. As a recovering religionist I have to say that religion is powerful. When a person is stuck in it, it seems real and powerful. There are wonderful benefits of religion. Ignorance is bliss, and ignorance in religion is a great happiness. However, when one sees that they are following a lie, they have no choice but to abandon that religion.
To outlaw religion would only lead to a dark tyranny, since most people will continue to embrace their religion secretly. At some point the religious will band together and fight. The nation will become weak with bloodshed and wars. This is why religion should be left alone.
There are spiritual paths that are atheistic by nature. Sam Harris, a well known atheist, practices a spiritual path based on meditation that does not include a God. ZEN Buddhism is also atheistic, as well as Satanism and Luciferianism. There are also atheistic spiritual movements in other areas of the occult.
I don't think that Pantheistic religions are a danger to a nation. Monotheistic religions are since they so easily devolve into oppressive theocracy's.
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 12:29:23 AM
At 1/14/2016 12:09:45 AM, j50wells wrote:
You say some good things.

Man, this is a satirical post. If you go back to OP and exchange the word "religion" with "homosexuality", you will see how I take the conservative arguments against homosexuality for being directed towards religious people, only for satire. Come on, that ought to be quite obvious when I in the OP say that STD means Severely Tragical Douchery, right?

It would be great if everyone felt this way. But people don't feel this way. As a recovering religionist I have to say that religion is powerful. When a person is stuck in it, it seems real and powerful.

I'm not religious but I could understand that totally. I imagine being religious as the same thing as being in love. If religion is not mixed into politics and if people don't force others to live according to their religions, I frankly do not care the slightest about what people believe.

There are wonderful benefits of religion. Ignorance is bliss, and ignorance in religion is a great happiness.

Yeah this I have noticed.

However, when one sees that they are following a lie, they have no choice but to abandon that religion.
To outlaw religion would only lead to a dark tyranny, since most people will continue to embrace their religion secretly.

Yep, and stronger aswell since people like to cling to things they are told not to cling to, as a protest. But I don't want to outlaw religion.

At some point the religious will band together and fight. The nation will become weak with bloodshed and wars. This is why religion should be left alone.

Yet I don't feel for religions to be protected to direct criticism against. People don't have to read Richard Dawkins if they don't want to. I think pretty much anything should be criticized and mocked. That does although not justify doing that to individuals, because that is just a lack of social competence. You joking about JW to a JW you just met wouldn't bear much witness to social competence, wouldn't it?

But to be honest, I am just saying this because I want to enjoy reading jokes and criticism about religion, so this is maybe a partial argument, haha.

There are spiritual paths that are atheistic by nature. Sam Harris, a well known atheist, practices a spiritual path based on meditation that does not include a God. ZEN Buddhism is also atheistic, as well as Satanism and Luciferianism. There are also atheistic spiritual movements in other areas of the occult.

Yes.

I don't think that Pantheistic religions are a danger to a nation. Monotheistic religions are since they so easily devolve into oppressive theocracy's.

Well, it wasn't really less oppression in ancient Greece or Mesopotamia. It's just that those two religions who have succeeded in spread and power, Christianity and Islam, happen to be monotheistic.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 1:26:22 AM
What do you think?

I think this a poor taste troll post, Jovian.

Religious militants already believe that without enforced scriptural study and mandatory worship, the irreligious will steal their children and make them have gay sex with under-aged alpacas, and your post isn't helping to dissuade them of that.

Really, you should have put in a disclaimer saying that despite your arbitrary, ill-schooled morals supporting religious persecution, they nevertheless oppose child-abductions, and the sexual exploitation of immature livestock. :(

Next time, stop and think before you post, please.
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 1:29:05 AM

Having an arm is unnatural. I mean, if it was natural, then all people would have arms and armless people wouldn't exist. That is obviously not the case today.
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 1:32:17 AM
At 1/14/2016 1:26:22 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
What do you think?

Religious militants already believe that without enforced scriptural study and mandatory worship, the irreligious will steal their children and make them have gay sex with under-aged alpacas, and your post isn't helping to dissuade them of that.

Really, you should have put in a disclaimer saying that despite your arbitrary, ill-schooled morals supporting religious persecution, they nevertheless oppose child-abductions, and the sexual exploitation of immature livestock. :(

Isn't it a logical jump that trolling religious people with anti-homosexuality rhetorics implies a North Korean-similar wish for persecution of religious people though?
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 4:17:02 AM
At 1/14/2016 1:32:17 AM, Jovian wrote:
What do you think?

Isn't it a logical jump that trolling religious people with anti-homosexuality rhetorics implies a North Korean-similar wish for persecution of religious people though?

Setting aside the immaturity of troll-posting in the first place, I think that failing to denounce your yearning for North Korean dictatorship is the problem here, Jove. You're half-comically half-fulfilling an Armageddon bogieman, yet not half-seriously half-denouncing the half you didn't intend to endorse.

That's just negligent, and you should be ashamed. :(
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 5:35:56 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/14/2016 4:17:02 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
What do you think?

Setting aside the immaturity of troll-posting in the first place, I think that failing to denounce your yearning for North Korean dictatorship is the problem here, Jove. You're half-comically half-fulfilling an Armageddon bogieman, yet not half-seriously half-denouncing the half you didn't intend to endorse.

But as a half-German, half-Italian & half-Cheyenne semi-human being (the other half a robot), I would say that this is just a semi-truth, since the other half of your coin is on your behalf splitting up in two pear halves making you having the typical dichotomy of your good half and your evil half.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 6:34:20 PM
At 1/14/2016 5:35:56 PM, Jovian wrote:
At 1/14/2016 4:17:02 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
What do you think?

But as a half-German, half-Italian & half-Cheyenne semi-human being (the other half a robot), I would say that this is just a semi-truth, since the other half of your coin is on your behalf splitting up in two pear halves making you having the typical dichotomy of your good half and your evil half.

I'm sorry, but I understood only half of that. :(
Impartial
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 11:11:50 PM

What do you think?

Because if we didn't allow religion, we'd be just as bad as religion.
To believe is to know nothing.
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 11:17:02 PM

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com...
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 3:34:26 AM
Your love for and respect of Daesh is touching.
distraff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 5:12:01 AM

What do you think?

Nice parody of gay marriage arguments.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 6:59:19 PM

What do you think?

Humans cannot prevent it. If, or more accurately when, they try to prevent true worship Jehovah will step in and destroy them.

Revelation 16:14-21 describes Satan inspiring and all out attack on Jehovah's people and Jehovah's reaction to that.
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 7:51:25 PM
People should be able to have whatever stupid belief they want.

The "Flynn effect" shows that IQ is increasing on an average of 3 points every 10 years. Studies show that people with higher IQs are more likely to become non-religious because of their analytical ability. Their increased analytical ability with easy access to information due to technology is going to cause religion to slowly die out in my opinion.