Jump to topic:

The End of the World

Tested7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 11:40:08 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
How do you feel about December 21, 2012, the date on the Maya calendar that many have been saying would bring worldwide change? Depending on what you expected, you might be relieved, disappointed, or indifferent. Was it just another incorrect prediction for the end of the world?

What about "the end of the world" described in the Bible?(Matthew 24:3) Some fear that the earth will be burned up. Others are fascinated by end-time scenarios. Many have simply grown tired of being told that the end is near. But could those be reactions to fiction rather than to fact?

You might be surprised to learn what the Bible really says about the end of the world. Not only does the Bible give reasons to look forward to the end but it also acknowledges the frustration that can set in if the end seems to be overdue. We invite you to consider the Bible"s answers to some common questions about the end of the world.

Will the earth be burned up?

THE BIBLE"S ANSWER: "[God] has founded the earth upon its established places; it will not be made to totter to time indefinite, or forever." (PSALM 104:5)

The earth will not be destroyed, either by fire or by any other means. Instead, the Bible teaches that this planet is mankind"s eternal home. Psalm 37:29 says: "The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it." (Psalm 115:16 - Isaiah 45:18)

After God created the earth, he said that it "was very good," and he still feels that way. (Genesis 1:31) Far from planning to destroy it, he promises to "bring to ruin those ruining the earth" and to protect it from permanent damage. (Revelation 11:18)

You may wonder, though, about 2 Peter 3:7. That Bible verse says: "The heavens and the earth that are now are stored up for fire." Does this not show that the earth will be burned up? Actually, the Bible sometimes uses the terms "heavens," "earth," and "fire" figuratively, as symbols. For example, when Genesis 11:1 says: "All the earth continued to be of one language," it uses "earth" to mean human society.

The context of 2 Peter 3:7 shows that the heavens, earth, and fire mentioned there are also symbols. Verses 5 and 6 draw a parallel with the Flood of Noah"s day. On that occasion, an ancient world was destroyed, yet our planet did not disappear. Instead, the Flood wiped out a violent society, or "earth." It also destroyed a kind of "heavens" the people who ruled over that earthly society. (Genesis 6:11) In the same way, 2 Peter 3:7 foretells the permanent destruction of wicked society and its corrupt governments as if by fire.

What happens at the end of the world?

"The world is passing away and so is its desire, but he that does the will of God remains forever." (1 JOHN 2:17)

"The world" that is to pass away is, not the earth, but the world of mankind whose lives are not in harmony with God"s will. Just as a surgeon might remove a cancerous tumor to save a patient"s life, God will "cut off" the wicked so that good people can truly enjoy life on earth. (Psalm 37:9) In that sense, "the end of the world" is a good thing.

Such a positive view of "the end of the world" is implied by the Bible translations that render this expression "the conclusion of the system of things" or "the end of the age." (Matthew 24:3) Since both humankind and the earth survive the end, does it not seem reasonable that a new age, a new system of things, would follow? The Bible answers yes, for it speaks of "the coming system of things." (Luke 18:30)

Jesus called that future period "the renewal of all things." At that time, he will restore humanity to the conditions that God originally intended. (Matthew 19:28) We will then enjoy

A paradise earth with security and prosperity for all. (Isaiah 35:1 - Micah 4:4)

Work that is meaningful and satisfying. (Isaiah 65:21-23)

The curing of all disease. (Isaiah 33:24)

The reversal of aging. (Job 33:25)

The resurrection of the dead. (John 5:28, 29)

If we do "the will of God," what he asks of us, we need not fear the end of the world. Instead, we can look forward to it.

Is the end of the world really near?

THE BIBLE"S ANSWER: "When you see these things occurring, know that the kingdom of God is near." (LUKE 21:31)

In the book The Last Days Are Here Again, Professor Richard Kyle writes that "sudden change and social chaos create an atmosphere conducive to predictions of the end of the world." That is especially the case when the change and chaos seem hard to explain.

However, the Bible prophets who spoke about the end were not trying to explain baffling events of their day. Instead, they were inspired by God to describe conditions that would indicate an imminent end of the world. Consider some of those prophecies and decide for yourself whether they are being fulfilled in our time.

Wars, famines, earthquakes, and epidemics of deadly disease. (Matthew 24:7; Luke 21:11)

Significant increase in crime. (Matthew 24:12)

The ruining of the earth by mankind. (Revelation 11:18)

People who love themselves, money, and pleasures but do not love God. (2 Timothy 3:2, 4)

The breakdown of the family. (2 Timothy 3:2, 3)

General apathy toward the evidence of the approaching end. (Matthew 24:37-39)

The preaching of the good news of God"s Kingdom worldwide. (Matthew 24:14)

As Jesus said, seeing "all these things" lets us know that the end of the world is near. (Matthew 24:33) Jehovah"s Witnesses believe that the evidence is convincing, and they share their faith with others by preaching in 236 lands.

Do mistaken expectations about the end mean that it will never come?

THE BIBLE"S ANSWER: "Whenever it is that they are saying: "Peace and security!" then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them just as the pang of distress upon a pregnant woman; and they will by no means escape." (1 THESSALONIANS 5:3)

The Bible likens the world"s destruction to the onset of labor"the mother"s pain is inevitable and comes suddenly. The time leading up to the end is also like a pregnancy, for an expectant mother is aware of ever-increasing signs of the coming birth. Her doctor might estimate the birth date; yet, even if the event should delay, she would still be sure that her baby will soon be born. Similarly, any mistaken expectations about the end do not alter the unmistakable features identifying these as "the last days." (2 Timothy 3:1)

"If the sign that we are near the end is so obvious," you might ask, "why do so many people fail to recognize it?" The Bible shows that when the end is near, many will belittle the evidence. Rather than acknowledge the fundamental changes during the last days, they would scoff: "From the day our forefathers fell asleep in death, all things are continuing exactly as from creation"s beginning." (2 Peter 3:3, 4) In other words, the sign of the last days is clear, but many will ignore it. (Matthew 24:38, 39)

For accurate information about God, Jesus and life please visit https://www.jw.org...
(Matthew 24:14:) And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

The Kingdom message is reaching all corners of the globe. In 2010 alone, Jehovah"s Witnesses spent over 1.6 billion hours proclaiming this good news in 236 lands. Over the past decade, they have produced and distributed more than 20 billion items of literature...
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 12:36:42 PM
At 1/12/2016 11:40:08 AM, Tested7 wrote:
How do you feel about December 21, 2012, the date on the Maya calendar that many have been saying would bring worldwide change? Depending on what you expected, you might be relieved, disappointed, or indifferent. Was it just another incorrect prediction for the end of the world?

What about "the end of the world" described in the Bible?(Matthew 24:3) Some fear that the earth will be burned up. Others are fascinated by end-time scenarios. Many have simply grown tired of being told that the end is near. But could those be reactions to fiction rather than to fact?

You might be surprised to learn what the Bible really says about the end of the world. Not only does the Bible give reasons to look forward to the end but it also acknowledges the frustration that can set in if the end seems to be overdue. We invite you to consider the Bible"s answers to some common questions about the end of the world.

THE BIBLE"S ANSWER: "[God] has founded the earth upon its established places; it will not be made to totter to time indefinite, or forever." (PSALM 104:5)

The earth will not be destroyed, either by fire or by any other means. Instead, the Bible teaches that this planet is mankind"s eternal home. Psalm 37:29 says: "The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it." (Psalm 115:16 - Isaiah 45:18)

After God created the earth, he said that it "was very good," and he still feels that way. (Genesis 1:31) Far from planning to destroy it, he promises to "bring to ruin those ruining the earth" and to protect it from permanent damage. (Revelation 11:18)

You may wonder, though, about 2 Peter 3:7. That Bible verse says: "The heavens and the earth that are now are stored up for fire." Does this not show that the earth will be burned up? Actually, the Bible sometimes uses the terms "heavens," "earth," and "fire" figuratively, as symbols. For example, when Genesis 11:1 says: "All the earth continued to be of one language," it uses "earth" to mean human society.

The context of 2 Peter 3:7 shows that the heavens, earth, and fire mentioned there are also symbols. Verses 5 and 6 draw a parallel with the Flood of Noah"s day. On that occasion, an ancient world was destroyed, yet our planet did not disappear. Instead, the Flood wiped out a violent society, or "earth." It also destroyed a kind of "heavens" the people who ruled over that earthly society. (Genesis 6:11) In the same way, 2 Peter 3:7 foretells the permanent destruction of wicked society and its corrupt governments as if by fire.

"The world is passing away and so is its desire, but he that does the will of God remains forever." (1 JOHN 2:17)

"The world" that is to pass away is, not the earth, but the world of mankind whose lives are not in harmony with God"s will. Just as a surgeon might remove a cancerous tumor to save a patient"s life, God will "cut off" the wicked so that good people can truly enjoy life on earth. (Psalm 37:9) In that sense, "the end of the world" is a good thing.

Such a positive view of "the end of the world" is implied by the Bible translations that render this expression "the conclusion of the system of things" or "the end of the age." (Matthew 24:3) Since both humankind and the earth survive the end, does it not seem reasonable that a new age, a new system of things, would follow? The Bible answers yes, for it speaks of "the coming system of things." (Luke 18:30)

Jesus called that future period "the renewal of all things." At that time, he will restore humanity to the conditions that God originally intended. (Matthew 19:28) We will then enjoy

A paradise earth with security and prosperity for all. (Isaiah 35:1 - Micah 4:4)

If we do "the will of God," what he asks of us, we need not fear the end of the world. Instead, we can look forward to it.

THE BIBLE"S ANSWER: "When you see these things occurring, know that the kingdom of God is near." (LUKE 21:31)

In the book The Last Days Are Here Again, Professor Richard Kyle writes that "sudden change and social chaos create an atmosphere conducive to predictions of the end of the world." That is especially the case when the change and chaos seem hard to explain.

However, the Bible prophets who spoke about the end were not trying to explain baffling events of their day. Instead, they were inspired by God to describe conditions that would indicate an imminent end of the world. Consider some of those prophecies and decide for yourself whether they are being fulfilled in our time.

Wars, famines, earthquakes, and epidemics of deadly disease. (Matthew 24:7; Luke 21:11)

People who love themselves, money, and pleasures but do not love God. (2 Timothy 3:2, 4)

As Jesus said, seeing "all these things" lets us know that the end of the world is near. (Matthew 24:33) Jehovah"s Witnesses believe that the evidence is convincing, and they share their faith with others by preaching in 236 lands.

Do mistaken expectations about the end mean that it will never come?

THE BIBLE"S ANSWER: "Whenever it is that they are saying: "Peace and security!" then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them just as the pang of distress upon a pregnant woman; and they will by no means escape." (1 THESSALONIANS 5:3)

The Bible likens the world"s destruction to the onset of labor"the mother"s pain is inevitable and comes suddenly. The time leading up to the end is also like a pregnancy, for an expectant mother is aware of ever-increasing signs of the coming birth. Her doctor might estimate the birth date; yet, even if the event should delay, she would still be sure that her baby will soon be born. Similarly, any mistaken expectations about the end do not alter the unmistakable features identifying these as "the last days." (2 Timothy 3:1)

"If the sign that we are near the end is so obvious," you might ask, "why do so many people fail to recognize it?" The Bible shows that when the end is near, many will belittle the evidence. Rather than acknowledge the fundamental changes during the last days, they would scoff: "From the day our forefathers fell asleep in death, all things are continuing exactly as from creation"s beginning." (2 Peter 3:3, 4) In other words, the sign of the last days is clear, but many will ignore it. (Matthew 24:38, 39)

For accurate information about God, Jesus and life please visit https://www.jw.org...

A load of GARBAGE, but one expects nothing else from the evil JW s
Tested7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 12:58:37 PM
Thank you for your comment. I would however prefer if we debate the content at hand rather than throwing out useless sentences..

Peace and love, Tim.
(Matthew 24:14:) And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

The Kingdom message is reaching all corners of the globe. In 2010 alone, Jehovah"s Witnesses spent over 1.6 billion hours proclaiming this good news in 236 lands. Over the past decade, they have produced and distributed more than 20 billion items of literature...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 1:14:53 PM
Just more jehovian stupidity. I see you claim to be 21, your great, great, great, granchildren will die before your haha magedon arrives.
Personally I hope you don't make any contribution to the gene pool, there are to many imbeciles now.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Tested7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 2:09:45 PM
At 1/12/2016 1:14:53 PM, bulproof wrote:
Just more jehovian stupidity. I see you claim to be 21, your great, great, great, granchildren will die before your haha magedon arrives.
Personally I hope you don't make any contribution to the gene pool, there are to many imbeciles now.

I see you have made it a personal mission to insult people's religious views. And now you're posting personal insults.. So mature :P

If you can muster up any degree of logic and wish to debate the content outlined in my post i'm all ears.. Otherwise please refrain from your painfully boring posts.

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 2:22:39 PM
At 1/12/2016 2:09:45 PM, Tested7 wrote:

I see you have made it a personal mission to insult people's religious views. And now you're posting personal insults.. So mature :P

If you can muster up any degree of logic and wish to debate the content outlined in my post i'm all ears.. Otherwise please refrain from your painfully boring posts.
Your content is jehovian stupidity.
Tell me how haha magedon went in 1914.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 2:56:06 PM

The JW sect's garbage is worthy of insult!
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 3:10:39 PM
More copy and paste by those who don"t know what they are talking about. There is no law against stupid, but these guys really know how to hack up the Christian concepts and call it persecution when their false teachings are contested.

I guess it's another example of the strength in the use of, "us against them" in human nature. Been talking to JW's off and on for years, they can be nice people, but they are no differant in their nature, then anyone else.
Tested7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 3:20:03 PM
At 1/12/2016 2:22:39 PM, bulproof wrote:

1914 is when Jesus started ruling in heaven and Satan was cast down to earth. World events clearly attest to that fact.. Since 1914 there has been endless war, more people have been killed in the past 100 years than all of history combined. And the de-evolution of human beings has been swift. Society has become a cut throat, greedy, egocentric monster. People are quick to rage and slow in patience and understanding..

Not to worry though, Satan's rulership is about to be withdrawn, he and his demons will be cast into the Abyss and good human beings who try to live decent lives will get to live forever in a world free from pain, death and evil.

JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 3:26:29 PM
At 1/12/2016 3:20:03 PM, Tested7 wrote:

1914 is when Jesus started ruling in heaven and Satan was cast down to earth. World events clearly attest to that fact.. Since 1914 there has been endless war, more people have been killed in the past 100 years than all of history combined. And the de-evolution of human beings has been swift. Society has become a cut throat, greedy, egocentric monster. People are quick to rage and slow in patience and understanding..

Not to worry though, Satan's rulership is about to be withdrawn, he and his demons will be cast into the Abyss and good human beings who try to live decent lives will get to live forever in a world free from pain, death and evil.

You have not one shred of evidence to support the truth of that statement!
Tested7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 4:35:37 PM
The evidence is all around us.. Only you choose not to see it.

We must try our best to love our fellow humans as Jesus commanded.

We need to try and avoid harmful practices that will bring us pain such as: Sexual immorality, Greed, Arrogance, Hatred, Selfishness, Anger, Jealousy etc.

We must try and promote values of righteousness including: Love, Honour, Dignity, Loyalty, Humility, Integrity, and most importantly help out your fellow humans.

Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 4:46:29 PM

All these things can be said to of happened in every century since society has existed ....before and after Jesus. Especially, if you're not willing to provide any critical thinking to the claims. For instance, even to this day I doubt seriously that the "Good news" is known worldwide.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 6:41:23 PM
i had to laugh especially the last line for accurate info on God, Jesus go to the jw.borg...lol

they can't get anything right and have messed up dates for the end of the world almost as many times as the mormons...
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 8:47:42 PM
At 1/12/2016 4:54:13 PM, desmac wrote:
Good News was a box of chocolates made by Rowntree MacIntosh in the UK.

Never heard of it - crisis adverted...oh wait, now I have...APOCALYPSE!!!
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2016 11:25:01 PM

How frustrated must the JW'S have been, when their false prophesied coming of the patriarchs didn't occur in 1928, or when 1975 had come and gone and their false prophesied great battle of Armageddon failed to occur?

So now you think that all who have rejected the JW's teachings and believed the scientists of the world, who have told us that the sun will one day become a Red Giant and devour all the planets of this solar system, should flock to the Kingdom Hall and sign up? I don't think so.

For God is calling all creation back to himself (The Big Crunch), but he will create for us a new heavens and a new earth, (The next Big Bang.) We live in an eternal oscillating universe my little friend.

As usual, you JW's take everything out of context, flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God.

We shall not all fall asleep in death, but we shall be changed in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, from bodies of corruptible matter, into bodies of brilliant and glorious blinding Light as was our brother Jesus, the first fruits to be harvested from the body of mankind.

That will do me for now.
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 2:16:32 AM
A load of GARBAGE, but one expects nothing else from the evil JW s This wonderful bit of 'intelligence' from jj49 1/2, meaning he is not all there.

In Noah's time, the door of the ark was closed by God, the rain started to sprinkle down and the population still scoffed, until scoffing became very difficult with a lung full of water.

The Jw's are happy that there is some much bad language or thoughts about them, as these attacks were predicted to happen to God's People. If those that can only spew slime from their mouth parts stopped, the JW s then would worry, a little.

I am not a JW, they would not be so unkind to you, even if they felt like it.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 5:15:58 AM

I've just googled up this little bit of rubbish for you BP.

1930 Judge Joseph Frederick Rutherford 60, lives in a ten room Spanish mansion, No 4440 Braeburn Rd, San Diego, Calif. Last week he deeded No 4440 Braeburn Road, and adjacent two car garage and a pair of automobiles to King David, Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthae, Samuel and sundry other mighties of ancient Palestine. Positive is he that they are shortly to reappear on earth, Said he: 'I have purposely landscaped the place with palm and olive trees so that these princes of the universe will feel at home.. (Time Magazine, March 31, 1930)

1930 "The Watchtower, and its companion publications of the society, for forty years
emphasized that fact that 1914 would witness the establishment of God's kingdom and the complete glorification of the church. During that period of forty years God's people on earth were carrying on a witness work, which work was foreshadowed by Elijah and John the Baptist. all of the lords people looked forward to 1914 with joyful expectation. when that time came and passed there was much disappointment, chagrin and mourning, and the lords people were greatly in reproach. they were ridiculed by the clergy and their allies in particular, and pointed to with scorn, because they had said so much about 1914, and what would come to pass, and their prophecies had not been fulfilled. (Light, Book 1, 1930, p. 194)

1931 A gaunt unshaven tramp has been the lone claimant for the $75,000 Southern Californian mansion of David, king of Israel, since it was deeded to the Biblical character a year ago. This was revealed today by Judge James Rutherford, temporary owner of the luxuriantly furnished Spanish type mansion at 440 Braeburn Rd in the exclusive Kensington Heights district. In one of the oddest deeds ever recorded, Rutherford, president of the International Bible Students Association and the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, has placed in trust the magnificent estate for ancient kings and prophets of Israel The slayer of Goliath and his companions may occupy the 10 room modern home with it's landscaped gardens and patio as soon as their credentials are approved by Rutherford and officials of his societies, divinely authorised to recognise them.

One morning as I was going from the house to the garage, a queer looking creature approached me, tipped his dirty hat and cried 'Howdy Judge, I'm David' 'Go and tell that to the winds', I told him and he left without arguing the matter. I could see at a glance that he was not David. He didn't look like I knew David would look.' Asked how he expected David and his distinguished brethren to look, Rutherford, without hesitation, opened his huge Bible and pointed to a verse which said that the Princes of the Universe would be risen from the dead 'as perfect men'. 'I interpret that to mean', the tall dignified Judge declared, 'that David, Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jepthae, Joseph and Samuel will be sent here to wrench the world from Satan's grasp, clothed in modern garb as we are, and able, with little effort, to speak our tongue.'

Rutherford pictured the arrival of the biblical delegation perhaps in frock coats, high hats, canes and spats. At Beth Sarim (House of Princes) as Rutherford has named his mansion, David will find the most modern appliances that science has devised. When the distinguished guests walk up the circular stairway to the second floor, they will find a large office with red leather chairs and shiny flat topped desk with inverted lighting. Even French telephones await the touch of the princes. Opening a wide door, the native sons of Palestine will behold a large bathroom, resplendent in shiny black tile with needle shower and an amply filled medicine chest.

What a thrill giant shouldered Samson, who wrecked a palace with his bare fists might find in the gold safety razor and strop! Rutherford built the second floor bedroom, which he temporarily occupies, large in order to accommodate several of the expected owners. With wide pane windows that look out on the purple Cuyamacas to the East and California's first mission to the north, the bedroom is almost severe in it's furnishings. The rulers of the universe will have simple tastes, the judge apparently believes, although the austere end tables sported gaily covered fiction magazines. Rutherford has imported some Koniach, Wasser from Cologne, Germany to freshen the princely faces after shaving.

A black skull cap hangs over one of the bedposts. The coming of David and his companions will be the greatest news story of the ages, Rutherford predicted. 'I am not a publicity seeker,' Rutherford said with a twinkle in his kindly brown eyes, 'but I feel that the world should know about their arrival. It will be a great news story.' Word of his 'House of king David' has reached into every corner of the world, the judge stated. 'Everywhere I went people asked me about this place,' Rutherford said. 'In Chicago a millionaire manufacturer offered to build another house for David, but I declined the offer.

'Literally thousands have driven here to see this place,' Rutherford continued. 'Many have come to the door and my secretary has shown them about the place.' The patio with it's silver pool and olive and palm trees is gay with flowers. Down toward the canyon, paths have been landscaped to allow David and his friends to walk in meditation. Many of the fruits and trees, native to their Palestine, will greet the rulers when they arrive. In the two car garage next door stands a new, yellow 16 cylinder coupe which will be turned over to the rulers along with all the personal property on the place.

'Everything will be theirs, the house, the land, the furnishings and even the clothes if they need them,' Judge Rutherford said. 'What will I do? Oh, don't worry about me. I'll manage somehow.' the judge smiled. He had another 'Watch Tower' residence on Staten Island and practically an entire floor at Bethel. The seven famous men will not have long to rest at their San Deigo estate because they soon will lead the forces of the Lord to vanquish the minions of Satan at the battle of Armageddon, Rutherford believed. 'But they will win out. The Lord will punish the devil and will show that the preachers and the politicians have been giving the people false counsel,' Rutherford said confidently.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 6:28:44 AM
At 1/13/2016 5:24:56 AM, Ramshutu wrote:
Is it just me, or is this the case of "My fictional God can beat up your fictional God?"

Nah mate! It's a case of exposing the false prophets.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 7:46:51 AM
At 1/13/2016 6:28:44 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/13/2016 5:24:56 AM, Ramshutu wrote:
Is it just me, or is this the case of "My fictional God can beat up your fictional God?"

Nah mate! It's a case of exposing the false prophets.

I.E. all of them.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 10:25:05 AM
At 1/13/2016 2:16:32 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
A load of GARBAGE, but one expects nothing else from the evil JW s This wonderful bit of 'intelligence' from jj49 1/2, meaning he is not all there.

In Noah's time, the door of the ark was closed by God, the rain started to sprinkle down and the population still scoffed, until scoffing became very difficult with a lung full of water.

The Jw's are happy that there is some much bad language or thoughts about them, as these attacks were predicted to happen to God's People. If those that can only spew slime from their mouth parts stopped, the JW s then would worry, a little.

I am not a JW, they would not be so unkind to you, even if they felt like it.

The evil JWs told me that my adopted Down's Syndrome son, who had a life saving blood transfusion as a baby, would have been better off dead than receiving blood from another person. That cult is the lowest of the low!
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 2:11:44 PM

1914 is when Jesus started ruling in heaven and Satan was cast down to earth. World events clearly attest to that fact.. Since 1914 there has been endless war, more people have been killed in the past 100 years than all of history combined.

"than all of history combined".... um, in short, no. This whole paragraph is of dubious claim. For starters, there have always been wars. Always. Please, don't try and pull out a "but not of this scale...". Ultimately we don't know how many people were killed during what wars before roughly the mid 1800's. Before this, "world events" included such things as Persian invasions, Black Plagues, tribal raids, the fall of Rome, the fall of the Catholic Church, the Renaissance, the discovery of the "New World", these all equally could be seen as major events to Harold something.

And the de-evolution of human beings has been swift. Society has become a cut throat, greedy, egocentric monster.

When was it not?

People are quick to rage and slow in patience and understanding..

I again ask, "When was it not"?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...