Total Posts:65|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

JOhn 4:23-24

MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 2:55:40 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
John 4:23-24 American Standard Version (ASV)
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth: for such doth the Father seek to be his worshippers. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth.

Do you notice how important the Bible makes the pursuit and use of truth?

It is not an option.

It says "must".

"they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth"

It is not an option, it is a command, the slightest deliberate untruth will cancel out the effect of all your worship.

It will make it nul and void.

So what is the point in believing a lie?

None whatever.

Of course that doesn't mean you can't make mistakes, as long as you turn away from them once you have evidence that it really was a mistake, as the JWs always have and always will.

Mistakes are human, and we all make them, even Christ made two that scripture recorded for us, to stop us getting too disheartened when we do.

Forgiveness is divine, and Jehovah and his son have had many millennia practice at doing so when warranted.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2016 5:23:39 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/13/2016 2:55:40 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
John 4:23-24 American Standard Version (ASV)
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth: for such doth the Father seek to be his worshippers. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth.

Do you notice how important the Bible makes the pursuit and use of truth?

It is not an option.

It says "must".

"they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth"

It is not an option, it is a command, the slightest deliberate untruth will cancel out the effect of all your worship.

It will make it nul and void.

So what is the point in believing a lie?

None whatever.

Of course that doesn't mean you can't make mistakes, as long as you turn away from them once you have evidence that it really was a mistake, as the JWs always have and always will.

Mistakes are human, and we all make them, even Christ made two that scripture recorded for us, to stop us getting too disheartened when we do.

Forgiveness is divine, and Jehovah and his son have had many millennia practice at doing so when warranted.

You often hear from the JW members that Jesus is not God/Jehovah. That Jesus is Michael the archangel or that Jesus is a God. Therefore it is Jehovah that you have to pray and listen to. Jehovah is Jesus's boss. All this is nonsense when you actually follow what was Jesus's mission and why one cannot go over or go around or get past Jesus and go directly to God. The buck stops with Jesus.

Jesus was given incredible power and authority over the world and mankind. We all come under his charge and domain.

Jesus was sent by his Father to be the saviour of mankind, the only way to the Father was through Jesus. Jesus was given all authority over heaven and earth.

John 14:6 Jesus answered "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Matthew 28:18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

This clearly shows one cannot go over or past Jesus to get to God his Father. The only mediator between God and man is Jesus.

Everything below indicates the mission Jesus had was to glorify God, but also make his role and authority known that was given to him by the Father. Jesus was acting on behalf of God and paving the way for salvation which was only possible through him that he might give eternal life to all those that God put him in charge of...which was all authority over heaven and earth.
Yes, Jesus references his Father because he was sent by God. But there is no mistake in his mission, power, authority and responsibility over mankind given to him by God. The world is Jesus's domain and you like the rest are all under Jesus's domain.

"After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: "Father, the time has come. Glorify YOUR SON, that YOUR SON may glorify you. For you granted him authority over all people THAT HE MIGHT GIVE ETERNAL LIFE TO ALL THOSE YOU HAVE GIVEN HIM. Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do. And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I HAD WITH YOU BEFORE THE WORLD BEGAN " For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me " All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come TO ME through them. I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name - the name you gave me - so that they may be one as we are one " My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be IN US so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I IN THEM and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me BECAUSE YOU LOVED ME BEFORE THE CREATION OF THE WORLD. Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them AND THAT I MYSELF MAY BE IN THEM."" John 17:1-5, 8, 10-11, 20-26

One does not deal with God directly. God sent Jesus to be the mediator. He put Jesus in charge and gave Jesus all authority over heaven and earth and those that accepted him would be granted eternal life and salvation.

A soldier does not deal with the General or Commander in Chief. He has to deal with the authority assigned to his platoon. Jesus was assigned to mankind.
It is out of pure arrogance and ignorance that our JW members believe jehovah is going to bypass Jesus His anointed one and listen to their petty problems and misguided prayers.
Some have even been disfellowshipped and shunned by JW elders because they were found unworthy to continue as a JW member.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 4:42:30 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
John 4:23-24 American Standard Version (ASV)
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth: for such doth the Father seek to be his worshippers. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth.

Why most Christians get this wrong.

1. The time cometh.
It is not time yet, but to come.

2. To worship the Father in spirit and truth.
Spirit is non-physical. So the body has to die to turn into spirit.
The truth is what is finally realized in the presence of the Father.

3. For the Father is looking for such worshippers.
And where is God, He is in heaven and where shall His worshippers be when their bodies are turned to spirit, in Heaven.

4. God is a spirit and they that worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.
God is nonphysical and those that worship Him must also become nonphysical (spirit) to be able to worship Him in spirit and truth.
...........Harikrish.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 6:38:32 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 4:42:30 PM, Harikrish wrote:
John 4:23-24 American Standard Version (ASV)
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth: for such doth the Father seek to be his worshippers. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth.

Why most Christians get this wrong.

1. The time cometh.

But the hour cometh, and now is,
It is not time yet, but to come.

That's not what it said.

2. To worship the Father in spirit and truth.

when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth:
This applies to us now, Hari. Why did you butcher the passage? We are the true worshipers, we as in those of us that actually do, probably not you. You don't worship the Father in spirit and you certainly aren't truthful.

Spirit is non-physical. So the body has to die to turn into spirit.
The truth is what is finally realized in the presence of the Father.

Only half right, of course spirit is non physical but the body does not have to die to worship God in spirit and truth, we are supposed to do that now, not later.
We worship God in spirit now while we are down here, we ARE a spirit being, that is our connection to it. The "Holy Spirit" is with us now. You need to read the Bible more.
This passage is simply universal because it's another principle this is how we worship the Father and that is what He is looking for.

3. For the Father is looking for such worshippers.

for such doth the Father seek to be his worshippers.

And where is God, He is in heaven and where shall His worshippers be when their bodies are turned to spirit, in Heaven.

Wrong, we ARE a spirit, not just when we die, the Father is seeking those of US here who are going to worship Him in spirit and truth. We don't do that just when we die, these are principles we apply to our lives now.

4. God is a spirit and they that worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.
God is nonphysical and those that worship Him must also become nonphysical (spirit) to be able to worship Him in spirit and truth.
...........Harikrish.

Wrong Harikrish, stop trying to understand something you have no clue of. This is revealing to us the nature of God and how we worship Him, these are the qualities God is looking for. We CAN worship God in spirit and in truth, we have a connection with the Spirit here, not just in Heaven.
We don't have to die before we worship God, that passage applies to us now, because it's a spiritual principle, meaning it doesn't change or waver.

I created a topic "How God Communicates" and presented passages showing how and why, we walk in spirit while we are on the earth.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 7:25:40 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 6:38:32 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 1/15/2016 4:42:30 PM, Harikrish wrote:
John 4:23-24 American Standard Version (ASV)
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth: for such doth the Father seek to be his worshippers. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth.

Why most Christians get this wrong.

1. The time cometh.

But the hour cometh, and now is,
It is not time yet, but to come.

That's not what it said.

No, it said the time has come, but time for what?

In fact the time had come for Christ to gather the few faithful worshippers of his father that he could find in order to form the basis for the New Nation that was to take over from natural Israel.


2. To worship the Father in spirit and truth.

when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth:
This applies to us now, Hari. Why did you butcher the passage? We are the true worshipers, we as in those of us that actually do, probably not you. You don't worship the Father in spirit and you certainly aren't truthful.

It applied to those faithful Jews that Christ gathered to him

It also applies to us in this time of the end.


Spirit is non-physical. So the body has to die to turn into spirit.
The truth is what is finally realized in the presence of the Father.

Only half right, of course spirit is non physical but the body does not have to die to worship God in spirit and truth, we are supposed to do that now, not later.
We worship God in spirit now while we are down here, we ARE a spirit being, that is our connection to it. The "Holy Spirit" is with us now. You need to read the Bible more.
This passage is simply universal because it's another principle this is how we worship the Father and that is what He is looking for.

Those who worship with spirit worship with their spirit, their entire lives.


3. For the Father is looking for such worshippers.

for such doth the Father seek to be his worshippers.

And where is God, He is in heaven and where shall His worshippers be when their bodies are turned to spirit, in Heaven.

Wrong, we ARE a spirit, not just when we die, the Father is seeking those of US here who are going to worship Him in spirit and truth. We don't do that just when we die, these are principles we apply to our lives now.

No, we are not spirit, but we do contain spirit, the very spirit that, as Paul points out, Jehovah's spirit bears witness to us with.

If we did not have spirit we would be dead. When we die our spirit goes back to Jehovah who gave us it.


4. God is a spirit and they that worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.
God is nonphysical and those that worship Him must also become nonphysical (spirit) to be able to worship Him in spirit and truth.
...........Harikrish.

Wrong Harikrish, stop trying to understand something you have no clue of. This is revealing to us the nature of God and how we worship Him, these are the qualities God is looking for. We CAN worship God in spirit and in truth, we have a connection with the Spirit here, not just in Heaven.
We don't have to die before we worship God, that passage applies to us now, because it's a spiritual principle, meaning it doesn't change or waver.

I created a topic "How God Communicates" and presented passages showing how and why, we walk in spirit while we are on the earth.

To say that we walk in spirit is not exactly right, though it is close. As I said above, without our spirit inside us we would be dad, simple as.

However you are right that, as Paul said, Jehovah's spirit bears witness with our spirit, it is Jehovah's version of the internet, and we all have unique "addresses" so he can address, or allow his son or an Angel to address, us through it.

However, there is a danger.

Satan also uses precisely the same method to influence us, and therein lies the importance of Galatians 5:16-25.

SAtan's spirit encourages us to give in to the promptings of our flesh, and thus we see the fruits of that flesh as described in verses 19-21. These fruitages are easily seen in many who oppose true worship, and turn on those, the JWs, who attempt to practice and spread it.

However, true worships display the fruitages shown in verses 22-24, including showing love to their fellow man by trying to guide them onto the true path (Matthew 7:13-14).

The JWs are the ones who continue, despite opposition, to walk by spirit, in every sense of the phrase.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 7:29:46 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 4:42:30 PM, Harikrish wrote:
John 4:23-24 American Standard Version (ASV)
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth: for such doth the Father seek to be his worshippers. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth.

Why most Christians get this wrong.

1. The time cometh.
It is not time yet, but to come.

2. To worship the Father in spirit and truth.
Spirit is non-physical. So the body has to die to turn into spirit.
The truth is what is finally realized in the presence of the Father.

3. For the Father is looking for such worshippers.
And where is God, He is in heaven and where shall His worshippers be when their bodies are turned to spirit, in Heaven.

4. God is a spirit and they that worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.
God is nonphysical and those that worship Him must also become nonphysical (spirit) to be able to worship Him in spirit and truth.
...........Harikrish.

If we only worshiped God in Heaven after we die then why would He be "seeking such" to worship Him???
In Christianity we commune with the spirit here because we are not of the flesh...
Romans 8
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 7:37:33 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 7:25:40 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/15/2016 6:38:32 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 1/15/2016 4:42:30 PM, Harikrish wrote:
John 4:23-24 American Standard Version (ASV)
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth: for such doth the Father seek to be his worshippers. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth.

Why most Christians get this wrong.

1. The time cometh.

But the hour cometh, and now is,
It is not time yet, but to come.

That's not what it said.

No, it said the time has come, but time for what?

In fact the time had come for Christ to gather the few faithful worshippers of his father that he could find in order to form the basis for the New Nation that was to take over from natural Israel.


2. To worship the Father in spirit and truth.

when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth:
This applies to us now, Hari. Why did you butcher the passage? We are the true worshipers, we as in those of us that actually do, probably not you. You don't worship the Father in spirit and you certainly aren't truthful.

It applied to those faithful Jews that Christ gathered to him

It applies to us all, it is a universal statement even if it was directed at a particular thing.

It also applies to us in this time of the end.


Spirit is non-physical. So the body has to die to turn into spirit.
The truth is what is finally realized in the presence of the Father.

Only half right, of course spirit is non physical but the body does not have to die to worship God in spirit and truth, we are supposed to do that now, not later.
We worship God in spirit now while we are down here, we ARE a spirit being, that is our connection to it. The "Holy Spirit" is with us now. You need to read the Bible more.
This passage is simply universal because it's another principle this is how we worship the Father and that is what He is looking for.

Those who worship with spirit worship with their spirit, their entire lives.

Sure okay, but what about someone who was an atheist half their life lol? I don't think that applies to everything. It only applies when we actually do.


3. For the Father is looking for such worshippers.

for such doth the Father seek to be his worshippers.

And where is God, He is in heaven and where shall His worshippers be when their bodies are turned to spirit, in Heaven.

Wrong, we ARE a spirit, not just when we die, the Father is seeking those of US here who are going to worship Him in spirit and truth. We don't do that just when we die, these are principles we apply to our lives now.

No, we are not spirit, but we do contain spirit, the very spirit that, as Paul points out, Jehovah's spirit bears witness to us with.

Yes we are a spirit being, wrapped in skin and that never changes. And yes, you need to reread Romans.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.


If we did not have spirit we would be dead. When we die our spirit goes back to Jehovah who gave us it.



4. God is a spirit and they that worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.
God is nonphysical and those that worship Him must also become nonphysical (spirit) to be able to worship Him in spirit and truth.
...........Harikrish.

Wrong Harikrish, stop trying to understand something you have no clue of. This is revealing to us the nature of God and how we worship Him, these are the qualities God is looking for. We CAN worship God in spirit and in truth, we have a connection with the Spirit here, not just in Heaven.
We don't have to die before we worship God, that passage applies to us now, because it's a spiritual principle, meaning it doesn't change or waver.

I created a topic "How God Communicates" and presented passages showing how and why, we walk in spirit while we are on the earth.

To say that we walk in spirit is not exactly right, though it is close. As I said above, without our spirit inside us we would be dad, simple as.

Galatians 5
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.


However you are right that, as Paul said, Jehovah's spirit bears witness with our spirit, it is Jehovah's version of the internet, and we all have unique "addresses" so he can address, or allow his son or an Angel to address, us through it.

However, there is a danger.

Satan also uses precisely the same method to influence us, and therein lies the importance of Galatians 5:16-25.

SAtan's spirit encourages us to give in to the promptings of our flesh, and thus we see the fruits of that flesh as described in verses 19-21. These fruitages are easily seen in many who oppose true worship, and turn on those, the JWs, who attempt to practice and spread it.

However, true worships display the fruitages shown in verses 22-24, including showing love to their fellow man by trying to guide them onto the true path (Matthew 7:13-14).

The JWs are the ones who continue, despite opposition, to walk by spirit, in every sense of the phrase.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 8:05:25 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 7:37:33 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:25:40 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

No, it said the time has come, but time for what?

In fact the time had come for Christ to gather the few faithful worshippers of his father that he could find in order to form the basis for the New Nation that was to take over from natural Israel.


It applied to those faithful Jews that Christ gathered to him

It applies to us all, it is a universal statement even if it was directed at a particular thing.

Would that it were, but it only applies to those who choose to accept it, those who are struggling to find the one path to God, Christ and eternal life.

The invitation is to all, but unfortunately, as scripture tells us very plainly, few will accept it.


It also applies to us in this time of the end.



Those who worship with spirit worship with their spirit, their entire lives.

Sure okay, but what about someone who was an atheist half their life lol? I don't think that applies to everything. It only applies when we actually do.

It doesn't mean their whole lives in terms of duration, from birth to death. It means all of the life they have available to them at the time.

It is simply another way of doing what Christ repeated we must, as stated at Deuteronomy 6:5 and repeated by him at Luke 10:27

Deuteronomy 6:5 You must love Jehovah your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your strength.



No, we are not spirit, but we do contain spirit, the very spirit that, as Paul points out, Jehovah's spirit bears witness to us with.

Yes we are a spirit being, wrapped in skin and that never changes. And yes, you need to reread Romans.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.

No that is a wrong understanding. Some of us will always be flesh, as part of the Kingdom on earth, living in perfect peace and perfect health eternally, as Jehovah originally planned.

Paul is not referring to our bodies but our lifestyle, as in Galatians 5:16-26 where Paul is discussing the same topic.



If we did not have spirit we would be dead. When we die our spirit goes back to Jehovah who gave us it.



Galatians 5
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Precisely the point I was making.

Again it describes our lifestyle.



However you are right that, as Paul said, Jehovah's spirit bears witness with our spirit, it is Jehovah's version of the internet, and we all have unique "addresses" so he can address, or allow his son or an Angel to address, us through it.

However, there is a danger.

Satan also uses precisely the same method to influence us, and therein lies the importance of Galatians 5:16-25.

SAtan's spirit encourages us to give in to the promptings of our flesh, and thus we see the fruits of that flesh as described in verses 19-21. These fruitages are easily seen in many who oppose true worship, and turn on those, the JWs, who attempt to practice and spread it.

However, true worships display the fruitages shown in verses 22-24, including showing love to their fellow man by trying to guide them onto the true path (Matthew 7:13-14).

The JWs are the ones who continue, despite opposition, to walk by spirit, in every sense of the phrase.

Only those of the elect go to heaven to become incorruptible spirits, to rule alongside Christ.

The rest of us, including me should I prove faithful to the end, will take our part amongst those who have been brought back to the holy condition enjoyed by Adam before the fall, with all the prospects for eternal life in perfect health and perfect peace that he would have enjoyed had he remained faithful, as in Jehovah's original plan, and as described in the last three chapters of Revelation.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 8:06:48 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 7:25:40 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/15/2016 6:38:32 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 1/15/2016 4:42:30 PM, Harikrish wrote:
John 4:23-24 American Standard Version (ASV)
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth: for such doth the Father seek to be his worshippers. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth.

Why most Christians get this wrong.

1. The time cometh.

But the hour cometh, and now is,
It is not time yet, but to come.

That's not what it said.

No, it said the time has come, but time for what?

In fact the time had come for Christ to gather the few faithful worshippers of his father that he could find in order to form the basis for the New Nation that was to take over from natural Israel.


2. To worship the Father in spirit and truth.

when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth:
This applies to us now, Hari. Why did you butcher the passage? We are the true worshipers, we as in those of us that actually do, probably not you. You don't worship the Father in spirit and you certainly aren't truthful.

It applied to those faithful Jews that Christ gathered to him

It also applies to us in this time of the end.


Spirit is non-physical. So the body has to die to turn into spirit.
The truth is what is finally realized in the presence of the Father.

Only half right, of course spirit is non physical but the body does not have to die to worship God in spirit and truth, we are supposed to do that now, not later.
We worship God in spirit now while we are down here, we ARE a spirit being, that is our connection to it. The "Holy Spirit" is with us now. You need to read the Bible more.
This passage is simply universal because it's another principle this is how we worship the Father and that is what He is looking for.

Those who worship with spirit worship with their spirit, their entire lives.


3. For the Father is looking for such worshippers.

for such doth the Father seek to be his worshippers.

And where is God, He is in heaven and where shall His worshippers be when their bodies are turned to spirit, in Heaven.

Wrong, we ARE a spirit, not just when we die, the Father is seeking those of US here who are going to worship Him in spirit and truth. We don't do that just when we die, these are principles we apply to our lives now.

No, we are not spirit, but we do contain spirit, the very spirit that, as Paul points out, Jehovah's spirit bears witness to us with.

If we did not have spirit we would be dead. When we die our spirit goes back to Jehovah who gave us it.



4. God is a spirit and they that worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.
God is nonphysical and those that worship Him must also become nonphysical (spirit) to be able to worship Him in spirit and truth.
...........Harikrish.

Wrong Harikrish, stop trying to understand something you have no clue of. This is revealing to us the nature of God and how we worship Him, these are the qualities God is looking for. We CAN worship God in spirit and in truth, we have a connection with the Spirit here, not just in Heaven.
We don't have to die before we worship God, that passage applies to us now, because it's a spiritual principle, meaning it doesn't change or waver.

I created a topic "How God Communicates" and presented passages showing how and why, we walk in spirit while we are on the earth.

To say that we walk in spirit is not exactly right, though it is close. As I said above, without our spirit inside us we would be dad, simple as.

However you are right that, as Paul said, Jehovah's spirit bears witness with our spirit, it is Jehovah's version of the internet, and we all have unique "addresses" so he can address, or allow his son or an Angel to address, us through it.

However, there is a danger.

Satan also uses precisely the same method to influence us, and therein lies the importance of Galatians 5:16-25.

SAtan's spirit encourages us to give in to the promptings of our flesh, and thus we see the fruits of that flesh as described in verses 19-21. These fruitages are easily seen in many who oppose true worship, and turn on those, the JWs, who attempt to practice and spread it.

However, true worships display the fruitages shown in verses 22-24, including showing love to their fellow man by trying to guide them onto the true path (Matthew 7:13-14).

The JWs are the ones who continue, despite opposition, to walk by spirit, in every sense of the phrase.

The "JW's" are a system just like the rest of em (of course you will say otherwise). I don't care about systems and religious sects when it comes down to it, these things we must apply individually, it won't matter what system you belong to if you don't personally live by the spirit.
So why do you always push/sell religion? You also don't have to waste time posting scriptures and trying to teach me, I already know them lol.
graceofgod
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 8:10:09 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 8:05:25 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:37:33 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:25:40 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

No, it said the time has come, but time for what?

In fact the time had come for Christ to gather the few faithful worshippers of his father that he could find in order to form the basis for the New Nation that was to take over from natural Israel.


It applied to those faithful Jews that Christ gathered to him

It applies to us all, it is a universal statement even if it was directed at a particular thing.

Would that it were, but it only applies to those who choose to accept it, those who are struggling to find the one path to God, Christ and eternal life.

The invitation is to all, but unfortunately, as scripture tells us very plainly, few will accept it.


It also applies to us in this time of the end.



Those who worship with spirit worship with their spirit, their entire lives.

Sure okay, but what about someone who was an atheist half their life lol? I don't think that applies to everything. It only applies when we actually do.

It doesn't mean their whole lives in terms of duration, from birth to death. It means all of the life they have available to them at the time.

It is simply another way of doing what Christ repeated we must, as stated at Deuteronomy 6:5 and repeated by him at Luke 10:27

Deuteronomy 6:5 You must love Jehovah your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your strength.



No, we are not spirit, but we do contain spirit, the very spirit that, as Paul points out, Jehovah's spirit bears witness to us with.

Yes we are a spirit being, wrapped in skin and that never changes. And yes, you need to reread Romans.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.

No that is a wrong understanding. Some of us will always be flesh, as part of the Kingdom on earth, living in perfect peace and perfect health eternally, as Jehovah originally planned.

Paul is not referring to our bodies but our lifestyle, as in Galatians 5:16-26 where Paul is discussing the same topic.



If we did not have spirit we would be dead. When we die our spirit goes back to Jehovah who gave us it.



Galatians 5
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Precisely the point I was making.

Again it describes our lifestyle.



However you are right that, as Paul said, Jehovah's spirit bears witness with our spirit, it is Jehovah's version of the internet, and we all have unique "addresses" so he can address, or allow his son or an Angel to address, us through it.

However, there is a danger.

Satan also uses precisely the same method to influence us, and therein lies the importance of Galatians 5:16-25.

SAtan's spirit encourages us to give in to the promptings of our flesh, and thus we see the fruits of that flesh as described in verses 19-21. These fruitages are easily seen in many who oppose true worship, and turn on those, the JWs, who attempt to practice and spread it.

However, true worships display the fruitages shown in verses 22-24, including showing love to their fellow man by trying to guide them onto the true path (Matthew 7:13-14).

The JWs are the ones who continue, despite opposition, to walk by spirit, in every sense of the phrase.

Only those of the elect go to heaven to become incorruptible spirits, to rule alongside Christ.
you mean with michael the angel not Christ dont you, i thought you admitted you cannot be saved by an angel....
dont you love the way the jw's think they have a greater place in heaven than the old princes of the bible...lol

The rest of us, including me should I prove faithful to the end, will take our part amongst those who have been brought back to the holy condition enjoyed by Adam before the fall, with all the prospects for eternal life in perfect health and perfect peace that he would have enjoyed had he remained faithful, as in Jehovah's original plan, and as described in the last three chapters of Revelation.

now you don't believe that at all, as a jw you dont believe anyone but jws will be on paradise earth at all...
double talk and deceit the jw recipe for bible study...
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 8:29:46 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 6:38:32 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 1/15/2016 4:42:30 PM, Harikrish wrote:
John 4:23-24 American Standard Version (ASV)
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth: for such doth the Father seek to be his worshippers. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth.

Why most Christians get this wrong.

1. The time cometh.

But the hour cometh, and now is,
Some translations say time instead of hour.

It is not time yet, but to come.

That's not what it said.

2. To worship the Father in spirit and truth.

when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth:
This applies to us now, Hari. Why did you butcher the passage? We are the true worshipers, we as in those of us that actually do, probably not you. You don't worship the Father in spirit and you certainly aren't truthful.

Spirit is non-physical. So the body has to die to turn into spirit.
The truth is what is finally realized in the presence of the Father.

Only half right, of course spirit is non physical but the body does not have to die to worship God in spirit and truth, we are supposed to do that now, not later.
We worship God in spirit now while we are down here, we ARE a spirit being, that is our connection to it. The "Holy Spirit" is with us now. You need to read the Bible more.
How does one worship nonphysically (spirit = nonphysical)?

The Holy Spirit has always been there from the beginning.
The new covenant made by Jesus is a spiritual and not physical covenant . So only the spirit of the worshippers can participate in the new covenant. The physical bodies must die to release their spirit.

This passage is simply universal because it's another principle this is how we worship the Father and that is what He is looking for.

3. For the Father is looking for such worshippers.

for such doth the Father seek to be his worshippers.

And where is God, He is in heaven and where shall His worshippers be when their bodies are turned to spirit, in Heaven.

Wrong, we ARE a spirit, not just when we die, the Father is seeking those of US here who are going to worship Him in spirit and truth. We don't do that just when we die, these are principles we apply to our lives now.

God is waiting for the spirit of His worshippers in Heaven along with Jesus so they can now worship Him in spirit because tbe body is corrupt whereas the spirit is pure.

4. God is a spirit and they that worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.
God is nonphysical and those that worship Him must also become nonphysical (spirit) to be able to worship Him in spirit and truth.
...........Harikrish.

Wrong Harikrish, stop trying to understand something you have no clue of. This is revealing to us the nature of God and how we worship Him, these are the qualities God is looking for. We CAN worship God in spirit and in truth, we have a connection with the Spirit here, not just in Heaven.
If that were true then why do Christians have to be born again in the spirit?
because....

1 Corinthians 15:46 But that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

We don't have to die before we worship God, that passage applies to us now, because it's a spiritual principle, meaning it doesn't change or waver.

Only when we die do we stop changing and wavering. Our spirit is released and returns to God.
Ecclesiastes 12:7 And the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

I created a topic "How God Communicates" and presented passages showing how and why, we walk in spirit while we are on the earth.

The disciples had a word for someone (Jesus) who walked in spirt while he was on the earth after his resurrection. They called it 'ghost'.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 8:40:15 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 7:29:46 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 1/15/2016 4:42:30 PM, Harikrish wrote:
John 4:23-24 American Standard Version (ASV)
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth: for such doth the Father seek to be his worshippers. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth.

Why most Christians get this wrong.

1. The time cometh.
It is not time yet, but to come.

2. To worship the Father in spirit and truth.
Spirit is non-physical. So the body has to die to turn into spirit.
The truth is what is finally realized in the presence of the Father.

3. For the Father is looking for such worshippers.
And where is God, He is in heaven and where shall His worshippers be when their bodies are turned to spirit, in Heaven.

4. God is a spirit and they that worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.
God is nonphysical and those that worship Him must also become nonphysical (spirit) to be able to worship Him in spirit and truth.
...........Harikrish.

If we only worshiped God in Heaven after we die then why would He be "seeking such" to worship Him???
Because He doesn't want to make the same mistakes He made with the angels who rebelled and fought each other for dominance..eg Lucifer and Michael.

In Christianity we commune with the spirit here because we are not of the flesh...
Romans 8
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

And who are the righteous who walked not after the flesh, but after the spirit.....only Jesus.

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

No flesh can please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.

The flesh/carnal body must die and release the spirit.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

It is spirit to spirit that God seeks His fashion of worship. Not the flesh that is weak.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 9:20:58 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 8:40:15 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:29:46 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 1/15/2016 4:42:30 PM, Harikrish wrote:
John 4:23-24 American Standard Version (ASV)
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth: for such doth the Father seek to be his worshippers. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth.

Why most Christians get this wrong.

1. The time cometh.
It is not time yet, but to come.

2. To worship the Father in spirit and truth.
Spirit is non-physical. So the body has to die to turn into spirit.
The truth is what is finally realized in the presence of the Father.

3. For the Father is looking for such worshippers.
And where is God, He is in heaven and where shall His worshippers be when their bodies are turned to spirit, in Heaven.

4. God is a spirit and they that worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.
God is nonphysical and those that worship Him must also become nonphysical (spirit) to be able to worship Him in spirit and truth.
...........Harikrish.

If we only worshiped God in Heaven after we die then why would He be "seeking such" to worship Him???
Because He doesn't want to make the same mistakes He made with the angels who rebelled and fought each other for dominance..eg Lucifer and Michael.

Lol that didn't really answer the question, that passage does not apply to people in Heaven. God knows who worships Him, and everyone in "Heaven" knows God is a Spirit lol. This is information for us now.

In Christianity we commune with the spirit here because we are not of the flesh...
Romans 8
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

And who are the righteous who walked not after the flesh, but after the spirit.....only Jesus.

Read that again, then read below. These are all spiritual principles we live by...now.

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.


No flesh can please God.

That's why we walk in spirit, to not fulfill the flesh. Read below.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.

The flesh/carnal body must die and release the spirit.

Read that again.. and then read below.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

It is spirit to spirit that God seeks His fashion of worship. Not the flesh that is weak.

Duh, we don't fulfill the lust of the flesh when we walk in spirit.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 9:33:33 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 9:20:58 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 1/15/2016 8:40:15 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:29:46 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 1/15/2016 4:42:30 PM, Harikrish wrote:
John 4:23-24 American Standard Version (ASV)
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth: for such doth the Father seek to be his worshippers. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth.

Why most Christians get this wrong.

1. The time cometh.
It is not time yet, but to come.

2. To worship the Father in spirit and truth.
Spirit is non-physical. So the body has to die to turn into spirit.
The truth is what is finally realized in the presence of the Father.

3. For the Father is looking for such worshippers.
And where is God, He is in heaven and where shall His worshippers be when their bodies are turned to spirit, in Heaven.

4. God is a spirit and they that worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.
God is nonphysical and those that worship Him must also become nonphysical (spirit) to be able to worship Him in spirit and truth.
...........Harikrish.

If we only worshiped God in Heaven after we die then why would He be "seeking such" to worship Him???
Because He doesn't want to make the same mistakes He made with the angels who rebelled and fought each other for dominance..eg Lucifer and Michael.

Lol that didn't really answer the question, that passage does not apply to people in Heaven. God knows who worships Him, and everyone in "Heaven" knows God is a Spirit lol. This is information for us now.

In Christianity we commune with the spirit here because we are not of the flesh...
Romans 8
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

And who are the righteous who walked not after the flesh, but after the spirit.....only Jesus.

Read that again, then read below. These are all spiritual principles we live by...now.

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.



No flesh can please God.

That's why we walk in spirit, to not fulfill the flesh. Read below.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.

The flesh/carnal body must die and release the spirit.

Read that again.. and then read below.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

It is spirit to spirit that God seeks His fashion of worship. Not the flesh that is weak.

Duh, we don't fulfill the lust of the flesh when we walk in spirit.

A spirit being non-physical would weight a fraction of the total body weight of your average obese Christian. We know Jesus demonstrated he was as light as a spirit by walking on water.
If there are any true believes who walk in the spirit, they should be able to duplicate his feat.
Now you know why God chose to see worshippers worshipping in spirit. It was to avoid looking at the ungodly sight of obese Christian.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 10:59:51 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 8:10:09 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 1/15/2016 8:05:25 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:37:33 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:25:40 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

No, it said the time has come, but time for what?

In fact the time had come for Christ to gather the few faithful worshippers of his father that he could find in order to form the basis for the New Nation that was to take over from natural Israel.


It applied to those faithful Jews that Christ gathered to him

It applies to us all, it is a universal statement even if it was directed at a particular thing.

Would that it were, but it only applies to those who choose to accept it, those who are struggling to find the one path to God, Christ and eternal life.

The invitation is to all, but unfortunately, as scripture tells us very plainly, few will accept it.


It also applies to us in this time of the end.



Those who worship with spirit worship with their spirit, their entire lives.

Sure okay, but what about someone who was an atheist half their life lol? I don't think that applies to everything. It only applies when we actually do.

It doesn't mean their whole lives in terms of duration, from birth to death. It means all of the life they have available to them at the time.

It is simply another way of doing what Christ repeated we must, as stated at Deuteronomy 6:5 and repeated by him at Luke 10:27

Deuteronomy 6:5 You must love Jehovah your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your strength.



No, we are not spirit, but we do contain spirit, the very spirit that, as Paul points out, Jehovah's spirit bears witness to us with.

Yes we are a spirit being, wrapped in skin and that never changes. And yes, you need to reread Romans.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.

No that is a wrong understanding. Some of us will always be flesh, as part of the Kingdom on earth, living in perfect peace and perfect health eternally, as Jehovah originally planned.

Paul is not referring to our bodies but our lifestyle, as in Galatians 5:16-26 where Paul is discussing the same topic.



If we did not have spirit we would be dead. When we die our spirit goes back to Jehovah who gave us it.



Galatians 5
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Precisely the point I was making.

Again it describes our lifestyle.



However you are right that, as Paul said, Jehovah's spirit bears witness with our spirit, it is Jehovah's version of the internet, and we all have unique "addresses" so he can address, or allow his son or an Angel to address, us through it.

However, there is a danger.

Satan also uses precisely the same method to influence us, and therein lies the importance of Galatians 5:16-25.

SAtan's spirit encourages us to give in to the promptings of our flesh, and thus we see the fruits of that flesh as described in verses 19-21. These fruitages are easily seen in many who oppose true worship, and turn on those, the JWs, who attempt to practice and spread it.

However, true worships display the fruitages shown in verses 22-24, including showing love to their fellow man by trying to guide them onto the true path (Matthew 7:13-14).

The JWs are the ones who continue, despite opposition, to walk by spirit, in every sense of the phrase.

Only those of the elect go to heaven to become incorruptible spirits, to rule alongside Christ.
you mean with michael the angel not Christ dont you, i thought you admitted you cannot be saved by an angel....
dont you love the way the jw's think they have a greater place in heaven than the old princes of the bible...lol

The rest of us, including me should I prove faithful to the end, will take our part amongst those who have been brought back to the holy condition enjoyed by Adam before the fall, with all the prospects for eternal life in perfect health and perfect peace that he would have enjoyed had he remained faithful, as in Jehovah's original plan, and as described in the last three chapters of Revelation.

now you don't believe that at all, as a jw you dont believe anyone but jws will be on paradise earth at all...
double talk and deceit the jw recipe for bible study...

Well I was only talking about those who accept Jehovah's invitation as you would know if you had read my posts properly.

That means JWs, because the minute you accept Jehovah's invitation through his son, the Christ, you become a JW.

But of course it takes a lot of study for you to know what you are accepting.

There is no deceit with JWs, only those who oppose them, you for instance. Whether or not you accept it, the fact is that your whole doctrine is a Satanic deceit, as you will find out one day soon.

For JWs only truth will do, because that is all Jehovah accepts.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 11:02:43 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 8:10:09 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 1/15/2016 8:05:25 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:


Only those of the elect go to heaven to become incorruptible spirits, to rule alongside Christ.
you mean with michael the angel not Christ dont you, i thought you admitted you cannot be saved by an angel....

No, I mean Michael the Archangel, AKA the Word, Jehovah's only begotten son, who is the Christ.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 11:06:14 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 10:59:51 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/15/2016 8:10:09 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 1/15/2016 8:05:25 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:37:33 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:25:40 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

No, it said the time has come, but time for what?

In fact the time had come for Christ to gather the few faithful worshippers of his father that he could find in order to form the basis for the New Nation that was to take over from natural Israel.


It applied to those faithful Jews that Christ gathered to him

It applies to us all, it is a universal statement even if it was directed at a particular thing.

Would that it were, but it only applies to those who choose to accept it, those who are struggling to find the one path to God, Christ and eternal life.

The invitation is to all, but unfortunately, as scripture tells us very plainly, few will accept it.


It also applies to us in this time of the end.



Those who worship with spirit worship with their spirit, their entire lives.

Sure okay, but what about someone who was an atheist half their life lol? I don't think that applies to everything. It only applies when we actually do.

It doesn't mean their whole lives in terms of duration, from birth to death. It means all of the life they have available to them at the time.

It is simply another way of doing what Christ repeated we must, as stated at Deuteronomy 6:5 and repeated by him at Luke 10:27

Deuteronomy 6:5 You must love Jehovah your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your strength.



No, we are not spirit, but we do contain spirit, the very spirit that, as Paul points out, Jehovah's spirit bears witness to us with.

Yes we are a spirit being, wrapped in skin and that never changes. And yes, you need to reread Romans.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.

No that is a wrong understanding. Some of us will always be flesh, as part of the Kingdom on earth, living in perfect peace and perfect health eternally, as Jehovah originally planned.

Paul is not referring to our bodies but our lifestyle, as in Galatians 5:16-26 where Paul is discussing the same topic.



If we did not have spirit we would be dead. When we die our spirit goes back to Jehovah who gave us it.



Galatians 5
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Precisely the point I was making.

Again it describes our lifestyle.



However you are right that, as Paul said, Jehovah's spirit bears witness with our spirit, it is Jehovah's version of the internet, and we all have unique "addresses" so he can address, or allow his son or an Angel to address, us through it.

However, there is a danger.

Satan also uses precisely the same method to influence us, and therein lies the importance of Galatians 5:16-25.

SAtan's spirit encourages us to give in to the promptings of our flesh, and thus we see the fruits of that flesh as described in verses 19-21. These fruitages are easily seen in many who oppose true worship, and turn on those, the JWs, who attempt to practice and spread it.

However, true worships display the fruitages shown in verses 22-24, including showing love to their fellow man by trying to guide them onto the true path (Matthew 7:13-14).

The JWs are the ones who continue, despite opposition, to walk by spirit, in every sense of the phrase.

Only those of the elect go to heaven to become incorruptible spirits, to rule alongside Christ.
you mean with michael the angel not Christ dont you, i thought you admitted you cannot be saved by an angel....
dont you love the way the jw's think they have a greater place in heaven than the old princes of the bible...lol

The rest of us, including me should I prove faithful to the end, will take our part amongst those who have been brought back to the holy condition enjoyed by Adam before the fall, with all the prospects for eternal life in perfect health and perfect peace that he would have enjoyed had he remained faithful, as in Jehovah's original plan, and as described in the last three chapters of Revelation.

now you don't believe that at all, as a jw you dont believe anyone but jws will be on paradise earth at all...
double talk and deceit the jw recipe for bible study...

Well I was only talking about those who accept Jehovah's invitation as you would know if you had read my posts properly.

That means JWs, because the minute you accept Jehovah's invitation through his son, the Christ, you become a JW.

But of course it takes a lot of study for you to know what you are accepting.

There is no deceit with JWs, only those who oppose them, you for instance. Whether or not you accept it, the fact is that your whole doctrine is a Satanic deceit, as you will find out one day soon.

For JWs only truth will do, because that is all Jehovah accepts.

It must be terrible to be disfellowshipped and shunned by the JW the very people you idolize so much. They found you unworthy to serve Jehovah and even after all your study you still managed to fail them.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 11:07:32 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 8:06:48 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:25:40 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

The JWs are the ones who continue, despite opposition, to walk by spirit, in every sense of the phrase.

The "JW's" are a system just like the rest of em (of course you will say otherwise). I don't care about systems and religious sects when it comes down to it, these things we must apply individually, it won't matter what system you belong to if you don't personally live by the spirit.

They are far from like everybody else.

They are Jehovah's organisation on earth. The human branch of his heavenly organisation ruled over by his son, the Christ.

As was Israel in the past, they are the only path to Jehovah.

So why do you always push/sell religion? You also don't have to waste time posting scriptures and trying to teach me, I already know them lol.

But do you really know who they are, and what they are? Somehow I doubt it.

If you want to survive Armageddon, they are Jehovah's sole avenue to do so. Simple as.

As part of the commission from Christ that I accepted, I have to point people to that cramped road to life. Matthew 7:13-14.

Everyone else is on the broad and spacious road to destruction.
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 6:24:19 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 11:07:32 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/15/2016 8:06:48 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:25:40 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

The JWs are the ones who continue, despite opposition, to walk by spirit, in every sense of the phrase.

The "JW's" are a system just like the rest of em (of course you will say otherwise). I don't care about systems and religious sects when it comes down to it, these things we must apply individually, it won't matter what system you belong to if you don't personally live by the spirit.

They are far from like everybody else.

They are Jehovah's organisation on earth. The human branch of his heavenly organisation ruled over by his son, the Christ.

As was Israel in the past, they are the only path to Jehovah.

So why do you always push/sell religion? You also don't have to waste time posting scriptures and trying to teach me, I already know them lol.

But do you really know who they are, and what they are? Somehow I doubt it.

If you want to survive Armageddon, they are Jehovah's sole avenue to do so. Simple as.

Then when this imaginary, yet-future Armageddon strikes, the JW's will be saying "bye bye" to MadCornish.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 6:34:02 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/13/2016 2:55:40 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Of course that doesn't mean you can't make mistakes, as long as you turn away from them once you have evidence that it really was a mistake, as the JWs always have and always will.

That's not true, either. The JW's (or Bible students) historically have persisted in their errors until the bitter end, i. e. to the point that teaching them any longer was impossible. When others had religious discussions with them, their errors became apparent to all - yet they continued right on in them, claiming "holy spirit guidance" all the while.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
graceofgod
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 9:35:18 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 10:59:51 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/15/2016 8:10:09 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 1/15/2016 8:05:25 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:37:33 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:25:40 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

No, it said the time has come, but time for what?

In fact the time had come for Christ to gather the few faithful worshippers of his father that he could find in order to form the basis for the New Nation that was to take over from natural Israel.


It applied to those faithful Jews that Christ gathered to him

It applies to us all, it is a universal statement even if it was directed at a particular thing.

Would that it were, but it only applies to those who choose to accept it, those who are struggling to find the one path to God, Christ and eternal life.

The invitation is to all, but unfortunately, as scripture tells us very plainly, few will accept it.


It also applies to us in this time of the end.



Those who worship with spirit worship with their spirit, their entire lives.

Sure okay, but what about someone who was an atheist half their life lol? I don't think that applies to everything. It only applies when we actually do.

It doesn't mean their whole lives in terms of duration, from birth to death. It means all of the life they have available to them at the time.

It is simply another way of doing what Christ repeated we must, as stated at Deuteronomy 6:5 and repeated by him at Luke 10:27

Deuteronomy 6:5 You must love Jehovah your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your strength.



No, we are not spirit, but we do contain spirit, the very spirit that, as Paul points out, Jehovah's spirit bears witness to us with.

Yes we are a spirit being, wrapped in skin and that never changes. And yes, you need to reread Romans.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.

No that is a wrong understanding. Some of us will always be flesh, as part of the Kingdom on earth, living in perfect peace and perfect health eternally, as Jehovah originally planned.

Paul is not referring to our bodies but our lifestyle, as in Galatians 5:16-26 where Paul is discussing the same topic.



If we did not have spirit we would be dead. When we die our spirit goes back to Jehovah who gave us it.



Galatians 5
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Precisely the point I was making.

Again it describes our lifestyle.



However you are right that, as Paul said, Jehovah's spirit bears witness with our spirit, it is Jehovah's version of the internet, and we all have unique "addresses" so he can address, or allow his son or an Angel to address, us through it.

However, there is a danger.

Satan also uses precisely the same method to influence us, and therein lies the importance of Galatians 5:16-25.

SAtan's spirit encourages us to give in to the promptings of our flesh, and thus we see the fruits of that flesh as described in verses 19-21. These fruitages are easily seen in many who oppose true worship, and turn on those, the JWs, who attempt to practice and spread it.

However, true worships display the fruitages shown in verses 22-24, including showing love to their fellow man by trying to guide them onto the true path (Matthew 7:13-14).

The JWs are the ones who continue, despite opposition, to walk by spirit, in every sense of the phrase.

Only those of the elect go to heaven to become incorruptible spirits, to rule alongside Christ.
you mean with michael the angel not Christ dont you, i thought you admitted you cannot be saved by an angel....
dont you love the way the jw's think they have a greater place in heaven than the old princes of the bible...lol

The rest of us, including me should I prove faithful to the end, will take our part amongst those who have been brought back to the holy condition enjoyed by Adam before the fall, with all the prospects for eternal life in perfect health and perfect peace that he would have enjoyed had he remained faithful, as in Jehovah's original plan, and as described in the last three chapters of Revelation.

now you don't believe that at all, as a jw you dont believe anyone but jws will be on paradise earth at all...
double talk and deceit the jw recipe for bible study...

Well I was only talking about those who accept Jehovah's invitation as you would know if you had read my posts properly.

That means JWs, because the minute you accept Jehovah's invitation through his son, the Christ, you become a JW.

But of course it takes a lot of study for you to know what you are accepting.

There is no deceit with JWs, only those who oppose them, you for instance. Whether or not you accept it, the fact is that your whole doctrine is a Satanic deceit, as you will find out one day soon.
no time and time again the jw doctrines have proven false, there prophecies and claims..

For JWs only truth will do, because that is all Jehovah accepts.

no with Jw's only their doctrines matter, the main one being michael was Jesus, taking the only way to the father out of the equation big mistake..
graceofgod
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 9:38:29 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 11:02:43 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/15/2016 8:10:09 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 1/15/2016 8:05:25 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:


Only those of the elect go to heaven to become incorruptible spirits, to rule alongside Christ.
you mean with michael the angel not Christ dont you, i thought you admitted you cannot be saved by an angel....

No, I mean Michael the Archangel, AKA the Word, Jehovah's only begotten son, who is the Christ.

miachael the angel, you cannot be saved by an angel you said that yourself...

michael is never referred to as the word, michael is an angel, scruipturte says the word was God....

an angel is not begotten, angels are created.... so michael is not Jesus the only begotten son..

so in all ways michael is just michael the angel, not a way to salvation, not the word just a created being...
no angels are worshipped...
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 10:42:26 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 9:33:33 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 1/15/2016 9:20:58 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 1/15/2016 8:40:15 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:29:46 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 1/15/2016 4:42:30 PM, Harikrish wrote:
John 4:23-24 American Standard Version (ASV)
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth: for such doth the Father seek to be his worshippers. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth.

Why most Christians get this wrong.

1. The time cometh.
It is not time yet, but to come.

2. To worship the Father in spirit and truth.
Spirit is non-physical. So the body has to die to turn into spirit.
The truth is what is finally realized in the presence of the Father.

3. For the Father is looking for such worshippers.
And where is God, He is in heaven and where shall His worshippers be when their bodies are turned to spirit, in Heaven.

4. God is a spirit and they that worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.
God is nonphysical and those that worship Him must also become nonphysical (spirit) to be able to worship Him in spirit and truth.
...........Harikrish.

If we only worshiped God in Heaven after we die then why would He be "seeking such" to worship Him???
Because He doesn't want to make the same mistakes He made with the angels who rebelled and fought each other for dominance..eg Lucifer and Michael.

Lol that didn't really answer the question, that passage does not apply to people in Heaven. God knows who worships Him, and everyone in "Heaven" knows God is a Spirit lol. This is information for us now.

In Christianity we commune with the spirit here because we are not of the flesh...
Romans 8
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

And who are the righteous who walked not after the flesh, but after the spirit.....only Jesus.

Read that again, then read below. These are all spiritual principles we live by...now.

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.



No flesh can please God.

That's why we walk in spirit, to not fulfill the flesh. Read below.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.

The flesh/carnal body must die and release the spirit.

Read that again.. and then read below.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

It is spirit to spirit that God seeks His fashion of worship. Not the flesh that is weak.

Duh, we don't fulfill the lust of the flesh when we walk in spirit.

A spirit being non-physical would weight a fraction of the total body weight of your average obese Christian. We know Jesus demonstrated he was as light as a spirit by walking on water.

Just more sarcastic bull when you got know answer.

If there are any true believes who walk in the spirit, they should be able to duplicate his feat.

Not true, there are varying levels of spirituality and obviously Jesus being at the top. The top is reachable but that doesn't mean anyone will or won't, we pursue spirit minded things anyway and walking on water is not a priority.
We walk in spirit on earth, Galatians points out how as well as Jesus but actually it's pointed out everywhere I don't even know which passages to show you first lol, eh it doesn't matter you will just post other verses to counter anything I say so I don't really care with you.

Now you know why God chose to see worshippers worshipping in spirit. It was to avoid looking at the ungodly sight of obese Christian.

Keep dreaming, I've been worshiping God is spirit and in truth since I was a kid, He is my heart and passion.
You just don't seem to understand how principles work or where to spot them, very strange I must say. We live by the spirit now, not later, that's what get's us to the "later".
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 10:54:44 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/15/2016 8:05:25 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:37:33 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:25:40 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

No, it said the time has come, but time for what?

In fact the time had come for Christ to gather the few faithful worshippers of his father that he could find in order to form the basis for the New Nation that was to take over from natural Israel.


It applied to those faithful Jews that Christ gathered to him

It applies to us all, it is a universal statement even if it was directed at a particular thing.

Would that it were, but it only applies to those who choose to accept it, those who are struggling to find the one path to God, Christ and eternal life.

Yes, universal doesn't mean everyone will accept it that is not what I meant by that. I meant universal as in principle, this is how we live our lives, or supposed to anyway.

The invitation is to all, but unfortunately, as scripture tells us very plainly, few will accept it.

okay.....


It also applies to us in this time of the end.



Those who worship with spirit worship with their spirit, their entire lives.

Sure okay, but what about someone who was an atheist half their life lol? I don't think that applies to everything. It only applies when we actually do.

It doesn't mean their whole lives in terms of duration, from birth to death. It means all of the life they have available to them at the time.

It is simply another way of doing what Christ repeated we must, as stated at Deuteronomy 6:5 and repeated by him at Luke 10:27

Deuteronomy 6:5 You must love Jehovah your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your strength.

Yes, I know all these things.



No, we are not spirit, but we do contain spirit, the very spirit that, as Paul points out, Jehovah's spirit bears witness to us with.

Yes we are a spirit being, wrapped in skin and that never changes. And yes, you need to reread Romans.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.

No that is a wrong understanding. Some of us will always be flesh, as part of the Kingdom on earth, living in perfect peace and perfect health eternally, as Jehovah originally planned.

Paul is not referring to our bodies but our lifestyle, as in Galatians 5:16-26 where Paul is discussing the same topic.

Yes, I never denied that, you must not pay too much attention to my posts lol, this is how we attain walking in spirit in this body. We do that by applying.



If we did not have spirit we would be dead. When we die our spirit goes back to Jehovah who gave us it.



Galatians 5
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Precisely the point I was making.

Again it describes our lifestyle.

You must have misunderstood me somewhere, I know exactly what Galatians 5 means, that's why I live by it and that's why I posted it.



However you are right that, as Paul said, Jehovah's spirit bears witness with our spirit, it is Jehovah's version of the internet, and we all have unique "addresses" so he can address, or allow his son or an Angel to address, us through it.

Okay and the rest of this was irrelevant and I'm done playing the cat and mouse game with scriptures for now with you and Hari lol, it gets old real quick...

However, there is a danger.

Satan also uses precisely the same method to influence us, and therein lies the importance of Galatians 5:16-25.

SAtan's spirit encourages us to give in to the promptings of our flesh, and thus we see the fruits of that flesh as described in verses 19-21. These fruitages are easily seen in many who oppose true worship, and turn on those, the JWs, who attempt to practice and spread it.

However, true worships display the fruitages shown in verses 22-24, including showing love to their fellow man by trying to guide them onto the true path (Matthew 7:13-14).

The JWs are the ones who continue, despite opposition, to walk by spirit, in every sense of the phrase.

Only those of the elect go to heaven to become incorruptible spirits, to rule alongside Christ.

The rest of us, including me should I prove faithful to the end, will take our part amongst those who have been brought back to the holy condition enjoyed by Adam before the fall, with all the prospects for eternal life in perfect health and perfect peace that he would have enjoyed had he remained faithful, as in Jehovah's original plan, and as described in the last three chapters of Revelation.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 10:56:50 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/16/2016 10:42:26 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 1/15/2016 9:33:33 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 1/15/2016 9:20:58 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 1/15/2016 8:40:15 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:29:46 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 1/15/2016 4:42:30 PM, Harikrish wrote:
John 4:23-24 American Standard Version (ASV)
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth: for such doth the Father seek to be his worshippers. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth.

Why most Christians get this wrong.

1. The time cometh.
It is not time yet, but to come.

2. To worship the Father in spirit and truth.
Spirit is non-physical. So the body has to die to turn into spirit.
The truth is what is finally realized in the presence of the Father.

3. For the Father is looking for such worshippers.
And where is God, He is in heaven and where shall His worshippers be when their bodies are turned to spirit, in Heaven.

4. God is a spirit and they that worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.
God is nonphysical and those that worship Him must also become nonphysical (spirit) to be able to worship Him in spirit and truth.
...........Harikrish.

If we only worshiped God in Heaven after we die then why would He be "seeking such" to worship Him???
Because He doesn't want to make the same mistakes He made with the angels who rebelled and fought each other for dominance..eg Lucifer and Michael.

Lol that didn't really answer the question, that passage does not apply to people in Heaven. God knows who worships Him, and everyone in "Heaven" knows God is a Spirit lol. This is information for us now.

In Christianity we commune with the spirit here because we are not of the flesh...
Romans 8
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

And who are the righteous who walked not after the flesh, but after the spirit.....only Jesus.

Read that again, then read below. These are all spiritual principles we live by...now.

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.



No flesh can please God.

That's why we walk in spirit, to not fulfill the flesh. Read below.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.

The flesh/carnal body must die and release the spirit.

Read that again.. and then read below.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

It is spirit to spirit that God seeks His fashion of worship. Not the flesh that is weak.

Duh, we don't fulfill the lust of the flesh when we walk in spirit.

A spirit being non-physical would weight a fraction of the total body weight of your average obese Christian. We know Jesus demonstrated he was as light as a spirit by walking on water.

Just more sarcastic bull when you got know answer.

If there are any true believes who walk in the spirit, they should be able to duplicate his feat.

Not true, there are varying levels of spirituality and obviously Jesus being at the top. The top is reachable but that doesn't mean anyone will or won't, we pursue spirit minded things anyway and walking on water is not a priority.
We walk in spirit on earth, Galatians points out how as well as Jesus but actually it's pointed out everywhere I don't even know which passages to show you first lol, eh it doesn't matter you will just post other verses to counter anything I say so I don't really care with you.

Now you know why God chose to see worshippers worshipping in spirit. It was to avoid looking at the ungodly sight of obese Christian.

Keep dreaming, I've been worshiping God is spirit and in truth since I was a kid, He is my heart and passion.
You just don't seem to understand how principles work or where to spot them, very strange I must say. We live by the spirit now, not later, that's what get's us to the "later".

*no* excuse me...
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 12:17:20 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/16/2016 10:54:44 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 1/15/2016 8:05:25 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Would that it were, but it only applies to those who choose to accept it, those who are struggling to find the one path to God, Christ and eternal life.

Yes, universal doesn't mean everyone will accept it that is not what I meant by that. I meant universal as in principle, this is how we live our lives, or supposed to anyway.

Sorry if I misunderstood your meaning.


The invitation is to all, but unfortunately, as scripture tells us very plainly, few will accept it.

okay.....

Christ and the Apostles repeated it on many occasions, but never more strongly than Luke 17:26-30 where he likened these days to the days of Noah when all bar his family wanted to live their own way, not God's, and Luke 18:8 where you can hear the anguish in his voice when he expresses doubt that he will find the true faith anywhere in the earth.


Deuteronomy 6:5 You must love Jehovah your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your strength.

Yes, I know all these things.

Good, but do you do them? Do you worship Jehovah in the way he chooses, as part of his earthly organisation? Or do you go your own way?




Paul is not referring to our bodies but our lifestyle, as in Galatians 5:16-26 where Paul is discussing the same topic.

Yes, I never denied that, you must not pay too much attention to my posts lol, this is how we attain walking in spirit in this body. We do that by applying.

Again, my apologies if I misunderstood what you were meaning.



Again it describes our lifestyle.

You must have misunderstood me somewhere, I know exactly what Galatians 5 means, that's why I live by it and that's why I posted it.

Yes it does sound like I did, my apologies.

However I have to go back to the question asked in other ways and other places. Do you follow the leading of Jehovah's spirit through his spirit directed organisation, or do you go your own way?

He has only ever used one path at a time.

First the Patriarchs, rarely more than one at a time, and always related when there were.

Next natural Israel.

Then "The Israel of God" Galatians 6:16, when they were directed by the Apostles and Older men under holy spirit guidance.

Now their modern incarnation, the JWs. directed the same way by the Governing Body.

John 17:20-26

If not then you will not be approved. It's Jehovah's way or no way.



Okay and the rest of this was irrelevant and I'm done playing the cat and mouse game with scriptures for now with you and Hari lol, it gets old real quick...

Scripture never gets old. How can God's word ever be old?

I am not playing games, I am trying to show you the way to eternal life.

Nothing I post is irrelevant to that.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 12:22:00 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/16/2016 6:34:02 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 1/13/2016 2:55:40 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Of course that doesn't mean you can't make mistakes, as long as you turn away from them once you have evidence that it really was a mistake, as the JWs always have and always will.

That's not true, either. The JW's (or Bible students) historically have persisted in their errors until the bitter end, i. e. to the point that teaching them any longer was impossible. When others had religious discussions with them, their errors became apparent to all - yet they continued right on in them, claiming "holy spirit guidance" all the while.

No Anna it is you who persists in error. They remove errors once they are proven to be errors, you do not.

What you perceive as error in them is truth exposing your own error.

So they made errors? so did Christ as you well know.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 12:22:38 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/16/2016 12:17:20 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/16/2016 10:54:44 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 1/15/2016 8:05:25 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Would that it were, but it only applies to those who choose to accept it, those who are struggling to find the one path to God, Christ and eternal life.

Yes, universal doesn't mean everyone will accept it that is not what I meant by that. I meant universal as in principle, this is how we live our lives, or supposed to anyway.

Sorry if I misunderstood your meaning.


The invitation is to all, but unfortunately, as scripture tells us very plainly, few will accept it.

okay.....

Christ and the Apostles repeated it on many occasions, but never more strongly than Luke 17:26-30 where he likened these days to the days of Noah when all bar his family wanted to live their own way, not God's, and Luke 18:8 where you can hear the anguish in his voice when he expresses doubt that he will find the true faith anywhere in the earth.


Deuteronomy 6:5 You must love Jehovah your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your strength.

Yes, I know all these things.

Good, but do you do them? Do you worship Jehovah in the way he chooses, as part of his earthly organisation? Or do you go your own way?




Paul is not referring to our bodies but our lifestyle, as in Galatians 5:16-26 where Paul is discussing the same topic.

Yes, I never denied that, you must not pay too much attention to my posts lol, this is how we attain walking in spirit in this body. We do that by applying.

Again, my apologies if I misunderstood what you were meaning.



Again it describes our lifestyle.

You must have misunderstood me somewhere, I know exactly what Galatians 5 means, that's why I live by it and that's why I posted it.

Yes it does sound like I did, my apologies.

However I have to go back to the question asked in other ways and other places. Do you follow the leading of Jehovah's spirit through his spirit directed organisation, or do you go your own way?

He has only ever used one path at a time.

First the Patriarchs, rarely more than one at a time, and always related when there were.

Next natural Israel.

Then "The Israel of God" Galatians 6:16, when they were directed by the Apostles and Older men under holy spirit guidance.

Now their modern incarnation, the JWs. directed the same way by the Governing Body.

John 17:20-26

If not then you will not be approved. It's Jehovah's way or no way.



Okay and the rest of this was irrelevant and I'm done playing the cat and mouse game with scriptures for now with you and Hari lol, it gets old real quick...

Scripture never gets old. How can God's word ever be old?

I am not playing games, I am trying to show you the way to eternal life.

Nothing I post is irrelevant to that.

God's so called 'word' is a human creation written a very long time ago, so of course it is old, and much of it total garbage!
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 12:26:40 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/16/2016 6:24:19 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 1/15/2016 11:07:32 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/15/2016 8:06:48 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 1/15/2016 7:25:40 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

The JWs are the ones who continue, despite opposition, to walk by spirit, in every sense of the phrase.

The "JW's" are a system just like the rest of em (of course you will say otherwise). I don't care about systems and religious sects when it comes down to it, these things we must apply individually, it won't matter what system you belong to if you don't personally live by the spirit.

They are far from like everybody else.

They are Jehovah's organisation on earth. The human branch of his heavenly organisation ruled over by his son, the Christ.

As was Israel in the past, they are the only path to Jehovah.

So why do you always push/sell religion? You also don't have to waste time posting scriptures and trying to teach me, I already know them lol.

But do you really know who they are, and what they are? Somehow I doubt it.

If you want to survive Armageddon, they are Jehovah's sole avenue to do so. Simple as.

Then when this imaginary, yet-future Armageddon strikes, the JW's will be saying "bye bye" to MadCornish.

Sorry Anna, but when the real Armageddon strikes it is such as you who will be gone, unless you change course.

There is nothing imaginary about Armageddon it is a very real and soon to occur global event, which will cleans the earth of all Satan's works, including false, divisive teachings such as yours.

Then Christ's true, united, followers all over the earth will have peace from the opposition of such as you are at present.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 12:34:24 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
I reckon if there is a hell members of the evil JW sect, who abide by its teachings, will end up there with all us heathen!