Jump to topic:

What would Jesus do?

Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 12:05:43 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
A man walks up to Jesus carrying a large stone and drops it on the ground before him.

He says, "You must kill me with the stone and if you do not I am going to kill you with it."

Would Jesus kill him?
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 12:09:49 AM
At 1/16/2016 12:05:43 AM, Accipiter wrote:
A man walks up to Jesus carrying a large stone and drops it on the ground before him.

He says, "You must kill me with the stone and if you do not I am going to kill you with it."

Would Jesus kill him?

Nah! He'd just laugh at the ratbag atheist who thought he could kill one over whom death had no power, and walk away.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 12:41:46 AM

Would Jesus kill him?

He would bind the demon of course lol, then He would give the guy an insightful parable and a word of knowledge. The guy repents, cries and then loves God from then on. You need to read the Gospels more!
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 12:48:24 AM
At 1/16/2016 12:09:49 AM, Gentorev wrote:

Would Jesus kill him?

Nah! He'd just laugh at the ratbag atheist who thought he could kill one over whom death had no power, and walk away.

So what you are saying is that Jesus would not turn the other cheek?
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 12:51:16 AM

Would Jesus kill him?

No. He would either begin telling a parable, cast out the demon, both, or simply say something kind and respectable to the man and leave.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 12:54:47 AM
At 1/16/2016 12:48:24 AM, Accipiter wrote:

Would Jesus kill him?

Why would he? No one has struck him on the cheek according to you.

Although he would have turned the cheeks of his backside to the idiot as he walked away from him.
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 12:57:46 AM
I suppose he would turn the other cheek. The Christian narrative describes him as a pretty self-sacrificing fellow. "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep." Even the jerk with the stone is one of Jesus's "sheep," isn't he?

Though, it's also quite likely Jesus would see this as a teachable moment.

I would totally pick up the rock and break just his leg with it. Then I'd run away. "Ha! I get to live and I didn't have to kill anyone! Sucka!"
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 3:21:03 AM
At 1/16/2016 12:54:47 AM, Gentorev wrote:

Would Jesus kill him?

Although he would have turned the cheeks of his backside to the idiot as he walked away from him.

Let me try phrasing the question differently for you, could Jesus kill another person or would his fundamental constitution disallowed it?
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 4:16:46 AM
At 1/16/2016 3:21:03 AM, Accipiter wrote:

Would Jesus kill him?

Let me try phrasing the question differently for you, could Jesus kill another person or would his fundamental constitution disallowed it?

To who do you believe that these biblical verses are referring to?

It will be on that great day of tribulation that the Lord gathers all the nations around Jerusalem, Zechariah 12: 10, and they will look upon me and see the one who they pierced, and they shall mourn for him as one mourns for an only child etc.

Isaiah 63: 1-6, "Who is this coming from the city of Bozrah in Edom? Who is this so splendidly dressed in red, marching along in power and strength?" It is the Lord, powerful to save, coming to announce his victory. "Why is his clothing so red, like that of a man who tramples grapes to make wine?"

The Lord answers, "I have trampled the nations like grapes and no one came to help me. I trampled them in my anger, and their blood has stained all my clothing. I decided that the time to save my people had come; it was time to punish their enemies, I was amazed when I looked and saw that there was no one to help me. But my anger made me strong, and I won the victory myself. In my anger I trampled whole nations and shattered them, I poured out their life"s blood on the earth."

The fault line where the African tectonic plate grinds against the Arabian plate in its northern migration, runs up through the centre of the Red Sea along the Jordan valley and under the Mount of Olives.

Concerning the war to end all war the Lord says through Zechariah 14: 3-19; "Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations as he has fought in times past. At that time he will stand upon the Mount of Olives, to the east of Jerusalem. Then the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west by a large valley. Half of the Mountain will move northward (on the African plate) and half of it(on the Arabian plate) southward, etc.

From within the inner most sanctuary of his tabernacle, which is the body of mankind, he will fight the enemies of Israel; those Nations who surround Jerusalem in their attempt to drive God's chosen people into the sea. The Lord will throw them into a state of total confusion, and the weapons of destruction with which they would destroy Israel, he will cause them to turn upon their own allies and they shall suffer a terrible disease, the soft tissue such as their eyes and tongues will melt in their sockets, and their radiated flesh cooked to the bone will slide from their bodies while still standing.

Then all those who sing and dance with their eyes and hands raised to the heavens in worship of a god they neither know or understand, can kiss goodbye to their great cathedrals of Marble, stone and crystal, for all the surviving Nations, will send their representatives, who will go up each year to Jerusalem in the land of Israel, to worship the Lord as King and woe betide those who refuse to do so, See Zechariah 14.
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 4:38:37 AM
At 1/16/2016 4:16:46 AM, Gentorev wrote:

Would Jesus kill him?

It will be on that great day of tribulation that the Lord gathers all the nations around Jerusalem, Zechariah 12: 10, and they will look upon me and see the one who they pierced, and they shall mourn for him as one mourns for an only child etc.

Isaiah 63: 1-6, "Who is this coming from the city of Bozrah in Edom? Who is this so splendidly dressed in red, marching along in power and strength?" It is the Lord, powerful to save, coming to announce his victory. "Why is his clothing so red, like that of a man who tramples grapes to make wine?"

The Lord answers, "I have trampled the nations like grapes and no one came to help me. I trampled them in my anger, and their blood has stained all my clothing. I decided that the time to save my people had come; it was time to punish their enemies, I was amazed when I looked and saw that there was no one to help me. But my anger made me strong, and I won the victory myself. In my anger I trampled whole nations and shattered them, I poured out their life"s blood on the earth."

The fault line where the African tectonic plate grinds against the Arabian plate in its northern migration, runs up through the centre of the Red Sea along the Jordan valley and under the Mount of Olives.

Concerning the war to end all war the Lord says through Zechariah 14: 3-19; "Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations as he has fought in times past. At that time he will stand upon the Mount of Olives, to the east of Jerusalem. Then the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west by a large valley. Half of the Mountain will move northward (on the African plate) and half of it(on the Arabian plate) southward, etc.

From within the inner most sanctuary of his tabernacle, which is the body of mankind, he will fight the enemies of Israel; those Nations who surround Jerusalem in their attempt to drive God's chosen people into the sea. The Lord will throw them into a state of total confusion, and the weapons of destruction with which they would destroy Israel, he will cause them to turn upon their own allies and they shall suffer a terrible disease, the soft tissue such as their eyes and tongues will melt in their sockets, and their radiated flesh cooked to the bone will slide from their bodies while still standing.

Then all those who sing and dance with their eyes and hands raised to the heavens in worship of a god they neither know or understand, can kiss goodbye to their great cathedrals of Marble, stone and crystal, for all the surviving Nations, will send their representatives, who will go up each year to Jerusalem in the land of Israel, to worship the Lord as King and woe betide those who refuse to do so, See Zechariah 14.

So the violent blood soaked god of the old testament is the same as Jesus?
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 4:42:38 AM

Would Jesus kill him?
Jesus would turn the stone to bread. Give the guy his last meal. Then without evidence or proof of any action cause the person to die of an overdose of bread.....geez, didn't you read the bible instead of Hulk as a kid. I read each with one eye at the same time. So technically Jesus looked green in my imagination.
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 4:50:33 AM
At 1/16/2016 4:42:38 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:

Would Jesus kill him?
Jesus would turn the stone to bread. Give the guy his last meal. Then without evidence or proof of any action cause the person to die of an overdose of bread.....geez, didn't you read the bible instead of Hulk as a kid. I read each with one eye at the same time. So technically Jesus looked green in my imagination.

So you see Jesus as sort of a superhero?
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 10:18:59 AM
At 1/16/2016 4:50:33 AM, Accipiter wrote:
At 1/16/2016 4:42:38 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:

Would Jesus kill him?

So you see Jesus as sort of a superhero?
I'm not sure you understand the symbolic nature of comic books. They are extremely deep reflections of the human condition represented by overblown characteristics. For example, Aquaman represents the human need to urinate. If we make the world our toilet then eventually the oceans will be yellow. That's why Aquaman could mentally control and communicate with sea life. Btw, why do they call life in the oceans sea life and not ocean life. Why do they not call life in the seas ocean life? I'm confused as you can tell. What's was the topic of this thread again?
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 11:28:01 AM
At 1/16/2016 4:38:37 AM, Accipiter wrote: So the violent blood soaked god of the old testament is the same as Jesus?

It was to the God of the OT, the one who will protect his chosen people from those nations that surround Israel and would attempt to drive them into the sea, that Jesus prays and whose prophetic words he quoted that were recorded by the scribes while under the power of his Holy Spirit.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 11:42:20 AM
What the gospels state about the words and deeds of Jesus, and the reality of what he actually said and did are quite possibly at variance. Jesus would probably be very surprised at all that is claimed for him.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 12:17:38 PM
At 1/16/2016 11:42:20 AM, JJ50 wrote:
What the gospels state about the words and deeds of Jesus, and the reality of what he actually said and did are quite possibly at variance. Jesus would probably be very surprised at all that is claimed for him.

Quite possibly??? Jesus would probably???? In your mind. Why don't you add some Ifs, Perhaps and maybes.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 12:57:33 PM
At 1/16/2016 4:38:37 AM, Accipiter wrote:
At 1/16/2016 4:16:46 AM, Gentorev wrote:

Would Jesus kill him?

So the violent blood soaked god of the old testament is the same as Jesus?

Eh, these passages are in conjunction with enemies, where love is no longer an option, even sometimes horrible things can arise in the intention of love like protecting or preserving something good versus something bad. An enemy is a person who is actively opposed or hostile to someone or something. Some people like to get all dramatic but read the Gospels and the epistles to get a good idea of what applies to us here and what Jesus teaches.
Unfortunately because of good ol' duality, there exists enemies even in the spiritual realms, these forces must be contained, neutralized or destroyed. But all in all God and all His intention derive from love, unity and preservation as does Christ.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 2:12:42 PM

Would Jesus kill him?

No. He wouldn't need to.

If you want to know what Jesus would really do in any circumstances, then study what the JWs also do in imitation of him.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 4:51:18 PM

Would Jesus kill him?

Only if for a split second Jesus suddenly had a flashback whereupon he could see his entire life ahead of him and how it would turn out if he didn't allow the man to kill him. Didn't they make a movie about that?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 7:51:27 PM

Would Jesus kill him?

Of course not. Jesus theoretically died for our sins, and also has the magical power to come back to life in three days. What does he care about your stone? His priority is his morals, which would prohibit him from killing you even if dying was more than a temporary inconvenience for him.
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 4:26:45 AM
At 1/16/2016 2:12:42 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Would Jesus kill him?

No. He wouldn't need to.

If you want to know what Jesus would really do in any circumstances, then study what the JWs also do in imitation of him.

He wouldn't need to because he is magic?
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 1:44:50 PM

Would Jesus kill him?

I don't think so.
JazzysVoice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 6:50:06 PM

Would Jesus kill him?

What exactly is your definition of kill? If Jesus is God and God is life, then the absence of life is death. So if God or Jesus walks away from the man, wouldn't that mean the man was killed because he would live in the absence of life, which is death? I don't think Jesus walks away from anyone. I think Jesus stays and we choose if we should stay or not. Nobody can kill Jesus, but I believe we can kill ourselves by denying God, who is life. I believe God is the source of life. If we walk away from life, then we lose the support of life. We need to learn how to live without life, but is that even possible?
If I were to deny God and believe with all of my heart and strength that I can completely depend on myself... would I need any kind of communication? Would I be able to only commute with myself or would I desire/pine communication? Would I build a robot/computer so that I won't feel so lonely? Would I try to talk to anything? Would I try to talk to myself?
I think it is important to accept that God does exist and to prove He doesn't. It's not worth the time because I believe nobody wants to feel disconnected from Him. I think a lot of people scream that He doesn't exist, so that He will give them more attention.. and they won't have to feel so lonely. When we uncover His identity... He is everywhere and is everything (hard concept to accept) we realize we want Him to be Jesus... a nonscary man that is a king, who is a friend and not an enemy. We can't order Jesus around, but we do we want Him to order us around? Are we okay with discipline? When we are okay with discipline, then we can be okay with each other. If Jesus gives me the right to give birth to children, then those children should be okay with being disciplined by me because I have aligned myself with Jesus' discipline. I can not teach something I am not walking... and Jesus keeps me line. For example, if being disciplined by Jesus is not lying to any of the people I work for (my job-my managers), then I have the right to discipline my child not to lie to me. But if I lie to my managers, then bad things can happen to me..,, because I am basically making an agreement that my child doesn't have to always tell me the truth. If i want my child to always tell me the truth and I want to punish my child for lying, then I need to accept punishment for ever lying to the people I work for.
Some people like to make up excuses for bad behavior, but God tells us in the Bible if we are unwilling to humble ourselves before Him, then that is an action that shows we don't believe in Him... when we don't believe in Him, then we ourselves are abandoning life and making the claim that we can depend on ourselves. The Bible talks about a place called hell. If a person is in hell, doesn't that mean they are not killed? I think hell is a place made for Satan, the first one to believe that God is not the source of life. I do think God created hell, but I don't think God lives in hell. In the Bible is says God was not the wind, He was not the earthquake, He was not the fire. I think in the attempt to save Satan, God created hell because God knew that if He didn't, then Satan would completely disappear. What is worse? Completely disappear or experience pain? Some may say completely disappear.. but if you were to forever disappear into nothing that means you never mattered. As Satan lives in hell, he gets to experience a place that God will not visit.... a lonely place. In order for Satan to entertain himself, he has messed with people on earth. I see Satan as a scientist.. just like how a lot of people don't think much about the animals they eat... I feel like Satan doesn't think much about the humans he tortures. He might get the idea that he can build something super awesome, but in order to create that super awesome thing.. he needs 5,000 human slaves to accomplish it because they are the most intelligent tool he can find. He is the ruler in his hell, so he is able to do whatever he wants... nobody can stand against him... the only person who can stand against him is God/Jesus. We all know that Jesus wins the battle that Satan is always fighting, but Satan still deceives people to deny God. The more a person denies God, the more they run away from the source of life and the more power they give Satan. When Satan is a person's master... nobody can guarantee anything... Satan might be nice to them for 1 year... and then use them in his laboratory after the year is over... maybe he needed them nice and healthy for whatever it is he is trying to accomplish. Satan is scary because he is allowed to be scary.. nobody is stopping him from being scary. Jesus does protect those who believe in Him though, so as long as you are believing in Him and praying to Him.. then you don't have to worry because God does not kill. He just doesn't support those who deny that He is the All Powerful... nothing He has made is greater than He. I think we can safely say that Satan is very bored... he might see humans as robots that only entertain him for a small while. He is seeking entertainment.. seeking communication... missing God. I think after Jesus died on the cross... Satan was no longer allowed to enter heaven... I think Jesus was his last communication with God. I don't think he is able to kill himself... I think his hell is earth. I think he likes to bother Christians because they have communication with God.. something he misses. Ever seen the movie City of Angels? I feel like it's kind of like that.. he no longer can see what he used to be able to see.. Can Satan still be saved? Or is he doomed and he is just waiting to disappear completely? ... My definition of being killed.... is to completely disappear from life... God. Does anyone pray for Satan? Is it wrong to pray for him? Will we be cursed to pray for him? When Jesus says to choose a master... God or Satan.. is He saying to ignore/forget Satan? When Jesus says to love your enemies... is he talking about Satan? Are we supposed to love Satan? Can Satan ever be good again? Or will he completely disappear because he is only evil.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 11:35:28 PM
At 1/17/2016 4:26:45 AM, Accipiter wrote:

Would Jesus kill him?

No. He wouldn't need to.

Jesus was not, magic.
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2016 8:28:44 PM
At 1/19/2016 11:35:28 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Would Jesus kill him?

No. He wouldn't need to.

Jesus was not, magic.

You trying tell me he didn't do any miracles?
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2016 10:43:33 PM
At 1/20/2016 8:28:44 PM, Accipiter wrote:

Would Jesus kill him?

No. He wouldn't need to.

Jesus was not, magic.

There was nothing magical about the miracles he performed, anyone could have performed them if Jehovah had wanted them to.

Holy spirit, the power in which Christ did his miracles, is completely natural, and in fact without it you would not be alive, because all of us have a tiny portion of Jehovah's spirit in us.

The problem is that too many of us have been blinded and deafened by this world to what we are told through it. Matthew 13:15; 2 Corinthians 4:3-4.
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2016 11:07:28 PM
At 1/20/2016 10:43:33 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Would Jesus kill him?

No. He wouldn't need to.

Jesus was not, magic.

There was nothing magical about the miracles he performed, anyone could have performed them if Jehovah had wanted them to.

Holy spirit, the power in which Christ did his miracles, is completely natural, and in fact without it you would not be alive, because all of us have a tiny portion of Jehovah's spirit in us.

The problem is that too many of us have been blinded and deafened by this world to what we are told through it. Matthew 13:15; 2 Corinthians 4:3-4.

How do you tell the difference between a miracle and magic?
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2016 6:08:05 PM
At 1/20/2016 10:43:33 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Would Jesus kill him?

No. He wouldn't need to.

Jesus was not, magic.

I can't believe that you of all people are at a loss for words.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 1:42:19 AM

Would Jesus kill him?

He's already been in this situation. We already know what he would do.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 1:44:18 AM
How would Jesus respond to an act of violence upon him?

"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."