Jump to topic:

Rules for my religious debates

harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 6:01:35 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
Keep in mind, for religious debates, you must bring two or more witnesses, I prefer two from the new testament and two for the old testament, so that Jews who only read the old testament, Christians who only read the new testament, and Christians who read both the new and old testament will all regard the scriptures used in debating, here are verses to back this:
Deuteronomy 17:6:
"At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death."
Deuteronomy 19:25:
One witness is not enough to convict anyone accused of any crime or offense they may have committed. A matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses."
Matthew 18:16:
"But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses."
2 Corinthians 13:1:
"This will be my third visit to you. "Every matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses."
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 6:51:09 AM
At 1/16/2016 6:01:35 AM, harrytruman wrote:
Keep in mind, for religious debates, you must bring two or more witnesses, I prefer two from the new testament and two for the old testament, so that Jews who only read the old testament, Christians who only read the new testament, and Christians who read both the new and old testament will all regard the scriptures used in debating, here are verses to back this:
"At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death."
One witness is not enough to convict anyone accused of any crime or offense they may have committed. A matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses."
"But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses."
"This will be my third visit to you. "Every matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses."

It is odd that you should bring this up. The JWs use this system for investigating child abuse within the congregations and it is decried by those that only seek to debase the JW faith.

Can I have two witnesses (Jehovah witnesses) to support of my statement.
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 7:36:23 AM
At 1/16/2016 6:51:09 AM, Peternosaint wrote:

It is odd that you should bring this up. The JWs use this system for investigating child abuse within the congregations and it is decried by those that only seek to debase the JW faith.

I don't know what you mean
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 8:51:59 AM

Who was the second witness when Jesus accused the Jewish authorities as being serpent and a generation of Vipers?
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 9:48:51 AM
At 1/16/2016 6:51:09 AM, Peternosaint wrote:

yes but that was to hide the fact child abuse was happening in the jw ranks...
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 10:46:30 AM
At 1/16/2016 8:51:59 AM, Gentorev wrote:

Who was the second witness when Jesus accused the Jewish authorities as being serpent and a generation of Vipers?

The twelve disciples of course
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2016 11:18:39 AM
At 1/16/2016 10:46:30 AM, harrytruman wrote:
At 1/16/2016 8:51:59 AM, Gentorev wrote:

The twelve disciples of course

Please reference the verse that reveals the disciples were with him at that particular time. Matthew chapter 23; is where Jesus admonishes the Jewish authorities, it is in verse 33 that he calls them serpents etc. But in chapter 24; it is revealed that Jesus left and was going away from the temple when his disciples came to him etc, showing that they were not with him in the temple when he was making his accusations against the authorities.

So I ask again, Who was the second witness when Jesus accused the Jewish authorities as being serpent and a generation of Vipers?

Aren't you lucky, being given a second chance to answer the question correctly?