Jump to topic:

Religious Frauds Should Be Convicted At Least

Sophisto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 8:49:57 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
An angry mob is ideal but first he has to be proven wrong, exposed, humiliated, made an example of before the mistake of making him a martyr or else we get another Joseph Smith. Religious fraud can be a legitimate crime to be prosecuted as it is an abuse of freedom of speech, on the same level as a false alarm in a public gathering.

Since you fail to prioritize this dilemma, allow me to enlighten you as to why this would be exponentially more useful than whack-a-mole with false prophets.
1. Future discouragement would raise the bar for wannabes who think they must bring their "A" game. Their obvious improved effort would only end in self-nullification.
2. Decreasing the candidates makes for a better game of "Guess the Agenda". The quality of rhetoric is enhanced as evil shows what it is philosophically capable of.
3. Christians would either sink or swim at the chumming of the waters for smarter sharks. Quite the Deep Blue Sea for Punisher fans who would be entertained at the walloping of the believers who don't rise to the occasion.

Oh, you don't believe in false prophets? Historically, Joseph Smith qualifies as one and as an antichrist as he attempted to ripoff the Church and steal the limelight for himself. Smith was either schizophrenic, lying or both. The difference between a false prophet and an antichrist? Antichrists are specifically directed at Jesus, obviously.

As for me...you can't do anything about it unless you are willing to enact my plan. Dismissing me allows me to further the hypocrisy. Laughing me off proves how shallow you are.
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 8:01:15 AM
How the hell am I supposed to decide who is a fraud and who is the "legitimate" progenitor of a new religion?

You're all just people with beliefs, to me. I think scientology is pretty ridiculous but I must respect the religious freedom of scientologists. Similarly, I always thought Joseph Smith was full of crap, but I must respect the religious freedom of Mormons, too. They have every right to believe what they wish regardless of what I think of it.

If you turned back time a few thousand years, Jesus would be the Joseph Smith or the L. Ron Hubbard of his time. Some wacky guy with new ideas everyone scoffs at. "Oh you're the son of God? No one can be redeemed except through you? 'The way, the truth, and the life,' are you? The arrogance. You are CLEARLY trying to steal the spotlight from our Lord and make everything about you and your cult of personality."

The only thing we can prosecute is when a religious leader is clearly seen to be taking advantage of his or her flock. We can hold a televangelist responsible if he's been embezzling the funds he claimed to be collecting for God or charity. We can send the FBI after Jim Jones if we have reason to think he is physically or sexually abusing his followers.

But if there's just some self-proclaimed prophet with a new message? No, I can't convict him of anything except having a new religion that older religions don't like. Maybe it will become popular, maybe it won't. Either way, I must live and let live, unless he is harming others.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 5:45:18 PM
At 1/18/2016 8:49:57 PM, Sophisto wrote:
An angry mob is ideal but first he has to be proven wrong, exposed, humiliated, made an example of before the mistake of making him a martyr or else we get another Joseph Smith.
Sophisto, most religious claims admit no falsification -- that is, they acknowledge no reasonable evidence under which they should be considered untrue.

This is true for the Christian presupposition of the divine inspiration of the Bible and the historical existence and divinity of Jesus; the Muslim belief in the divinely-dictated authenticity of the Qur'an; the Judaic belief in being a Chosen people of a benevolent god; and many Creationist beliefs.

So under whose falsification criteria should religious fraud be convicted? It cannot be that of the faithful, since they're so biased toward the legitimacy of their own beliefs that they avoid all accountability, even in the face of demonstrated ignorance, error and contradiction.

So whose criteria, evaluated how?
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 6:57:46 PM
An angry mob is ideal but first he has to be proven wrong, exposed, humiliated, made an example of before the mistake of making him a martyr or else we get another Joseph Smith. Religious fraud can be a legitimate crime to be prosecuted as it is an abuse of freedom of speech, on the same level as a false alarm in a public gathering.

Since you fail to prioritize this dilemma, allow me to enlighten you as to why this would be exponentially more useful than whack-a-mole with false prophets.
1. Future discouragement would raise the bar for wannabes who think they must bring their "A" game. Their obvious improved effort would only end in self-nullification.
2. Decreasing the candidates makes for a better game of "Guess the Agenda". The quality of rhetoric is enhanced as evil shows what it is philosophically capable of.
3. Christians would either sink or swim at the chumming of the waters for smarter sharks. Quite the Deep Blue Sea for Punisher fans who would be entertained at the walloping of the believers who don't rise to the occasion.

Oh, you don't believe in false prophets? Historically, Joseph Smith qualifies as one and as an antichrist as he attempted to ripoff the Church and steal the limelight for himself. Smith was either schizophrenic, lying or both. The difference between a false prophet and an antichrist? Antichrists are specifically directed at Jesus, obviously.

As for me...you can't do anything about it unless you are willing to enact my plan. Dismissing me allows me to further the hypocrisy. Laughing me off proves how shallow you are.

They already have been. Jehovah will send his son to carry out justice soon.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 8:02:31 PM
At 1/19/2016 6:57:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Now remember that word "soon" and remember what mad claims it means.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 8:06:14 PM

no according to the jw's he sent a created being an angel called michael to carry out his justice...

according to the bible God sent his only begotten son Jesus to be the only way to the father so none shall perish...
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 11:24:23 PM
At 1/19/2016 8:06:14 PM, graceofgod wrote:

no according to the jw's he sent a created being an angel called michael to carry out his justice...

You just can't it right can you.

Michael is not and was not an angel, he is the Archangel, Jehovah's only begotten son.

However, the only non-created being in existence is God himself.

according to the bible God sent his only begotten son Jesus to be the only way to the father so none shall perish...

The Bible does not at any time call Jesus his only begotten son. Jesus is the human body that he sent his only begotten son, the Word, to occupy in order that he could become incarnate. John 1:14.

The Word was and is a created being, the Archangel Michael, now also called the Christ.

How will you feel when Jehovah asks back from your hand the blood of all those you have led and are leading to their destruction?
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 11:25:46 PM
At 1/19/2016 8:02:31 PM, bulproof wrote:

Now remember that word "soon" and remember what mad claims it means.

I claim only what the evidence shows it to mean, a comparatively sort period of time. it has no other meaning, and depends entirely on what you compare it to.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2016 4:08:30 PM
At 1/19/2016 11:24:23 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

You just can't it right can you. i have it right it's the jw's who stick to their own doctrines over biblical truth...

Michael is not and was not an angel, he is the Archangel, Jehovah's only begotten son.
michael is an angel created being, therefore not the only begotten son Of God, or the word as the word was God..
Jesus begotten not created....

The Bible does not at any time call Jesus his only begotten son. Jesus is the human body that he sent his only begotten son, the Word, to occupy in order that he could become incarnate. John 1:14.

no it is quite clear that Jesus the only begotten son is the alpha and omega and the only way to the father...

The Word was and is a created being, the Archangel Michael, now also called the Christ.
no the word was God, an angel is not God...
How will you feel when Jehovah asks back from your hand the blood of all those you have led and are leading to their destruction?

you tell me you are the jw teaching people can be saved by angels, when they cannot..

what will the jw's do when God asks why you talked people u=in to dying rather than take blood just becuse the jw's misinterpret scripture...
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2016 10:36:51 PM
At 1/20/2016 4:08:30 PM, graceofgod wrote:

You just can't it right can you. i have it right it's the jw's who stick to their own doctrines over biblical truth...

michael is an angel created being, therefore not the only begotten son Of God, or the word as the word was God..

no it is quite clear that Jesus the only begotten son is the alpha and omega and the only way to the father...

O the contrary. Jesus was far from the only begotten son.

Adam was also a son of God, and he existed thousands of year before Jesus was born.

The Angels are also called sons of God in scripture, and Michael, AKA the Word, assisted in creating them Colossians 1:13.

Only the Word, AKA Michael is called the only begotten son of God John 1:14, which does not even mention Jesus, only the Word.

In fact John does not discuss the birth of Jesus at all,and doesn't mention the name Jesus until well into the chapter, when he appears for baptism.

John, being the most spiritually minded of the 12 is interested only in the spiritual aspects of it all.

Michael is the only begotten son of God because he is the only one that God created alone.

Jesus was created in Mary's womb by holy spirit just as the Angel told Joseph had been the case. I suggest you also carefully read the first couple of chapters of Matthew, only read it properly this time.

Also, of course, as Luke tells us Mary was told by the Angel would happen to her.

you tell me you are the jw teaching people can be saved by angels, when they cannot..

That is not what the JWs teach at all, as you well know, sicne I have explained teh truth of it to you over and again.

Michael is God's only begotten son, the Archangel, not a mere Angel. Being God's only begotten son makes him absolutely unique amongst spirit beings.

what will the jw's do when God asks why you talked people u=in to dying rather than take blood just becuase the jw's misinterpret scripture...

There is no possibility of misunderstanding Acts 15:28-29, it simply says no blood, no way, no how, for no reason.

Jesus also taught that we have to be prepared to obey his father even if we die doing so, and if we seek to save our lives in disobedience we will forfeit them.

Matthew 10:39-40 American Standard Version (ASV)
39 He that findeth his life shall lose it; and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
40 He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

I suggest you carefully read the whole of Matthew 10, and then try and convince yourself that the easy option you offer people is the right one.

The JWs will need to do nothing. God will praise those who were prepared t be fithful to his commands to the death, and who trusted his promises of a resurrection.

He will also be glad that they showed that the life to come was more important to them that this second rate Satanically controlled system of things.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2016 5:54:09 PM
At 1/20/2016 10:36:51 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/20/2016 4:08:30 PM, graceofgod wrote:

O the contrary. Jesus was far from the only begotten son.

so again you wish to contradict scripture...

Adam was also a son of God, and he existed thousands of year before Jesus was born.
jesus was before the beginning of time... i am on about the biblical Jesus of course not the jw Jesus...
when was the body of Jesus created???

The Angels are also called sons of God in scripture, and Michael, AKA the Word, assisted in creating them Colossians 1:13.
not the only begotten son of God, michel was just an angel, a created being, no the word was God an angel is not God...

Only the Word, AKA Michael is called the only begotten son of God John 1:14, which does not even mention Jesus, only the Word.

no michael as an angel is created not begotten, only to the 7 day adventists and the jw's is it the some how an angel became God..

In fact John does not discuss the birth of Jesus at all,and doesn't mention the name Jesus until well into the chapter, when he appears for baptism.

yet john met Jesus and heard him say the alpha and the omega...

John, being the most spiritually minded of the 12 is interested only in the spiritual aspects of it all.

and where in scripture does it say and michael told john he was in fact the angel michael...

Michael is the only begotten son of God because he is the only one that God created alone.

contradiction alert, begotten son does not mean created son, so michael is created not begotten...

Jesus was created in Mary's womb by holy spirit just as the Angel told Joseph had been the case. I suggest you also carefully read the first couple of chapters of Matthew, only read it properly this time.
so why was joseph told to call him Jesus and not michael, how long did Jesus exist before he was possessed by michael...??

Also, of course, as Luke tells us Mary was told by the Angel would happen to her.
told by an angel, and they told to call him Jesus, not michael and they were told the baby would be the saviour, you agreed yourself angel cannot save...

no the word was God, not a created being and no the jws made michael he Christ against scripture, the jw's worship an angel not God and reove the only way to the father which is Jesus, so no salvation for the jw's it sems..

That is not what the JWs teach at all, as you well know, sicne I have explained teh truth of it to you over and again.

Michael is God's only begotten son, the Archangel, not a mere Angel. Being God's only begotten son makes him absolutely unique amongst spirit beings.
michael is a created being an angel, not the only begotten son... remember michael dare not rebuke the devil, well Jesus the Christ did ...

what will the jw's do when God asks why you talked people u=in to dying rather than take blood just becuase the jw's misinterpret scripture...

There is no possibility of misunderstanding Acts 15:28-29, it simply says no blood, no way, no how, for no reason.

it in context is talking about idols and offerings and their ceremonies... you will do well is hardly saying it all that strongly to be honest.. not enough to allow thousands of people to die because of jw ignorance...

Jesus also taught that we have to be prepared to obey his father even if we die doing so, and if we seek to save our lives in disobedience we will forfeit them.

do you mean Jesus or michael.... not to forfeit our lives in ignorance because the jw's want to make a point...

Matthew 10:39-40 American Standard Version (ASV)
39 He that findeth his life shall lose it; and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
40 He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

I suggest you carefully read the whole of Matthew 10, and then try and convince yourself that the easy option you offer people is the right one.

The JWs will need to do nothing. God will praise those who were prepared t be fithful to his commands to the death, and who trusted his promises of a resurrection.

you are right there the jw's will do nothing for God as they teach a different God to the bible and are false prophets

He will also be glad that they showed that the life to come was more important to them that this second rate Satanically controlled system of things.

he will be sadd