Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2010 7:01:37 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Jehovahs Witnesses . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2010 10:09:35 PM
At 10/24/2010 7:07:11 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 10/24/2010 7:06:17 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
...need to stop door to door preaching.

Splain.

they come to your door... and ask to have a word.

Then.. IF you indulge them they come back for a follow up... and another... and another.

and, if you don't indulge them.... then they'll eventually get around to bothering you again anywhoo....

The Best strategy is, if you realize it's them (which is easy since they hunt in packs), simply act as though you're not home... or be rude and give'em the cold shoulder.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2010 8:27:23 AM
At 10/24/2010 10:09:35 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 10/24/2010 7:07:11 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 10/24/2010 7:06:17 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
...need to stop door to door preaching.

Splain.

they come to your door... and ask to have a word.

Then.. IF you indulge them they come back for a follow up... and another... and another.

and, if you don't indulge them.... then they'll eventually get around to bothering you again anywhoo....

The Best strategy is, if you realize it's them (which is easy since they hunt in packs), simply act as though you're not home... or be rude and give'em the cold shoulder.

Nah, best strategy is to debate them or preach right back at them. They soon get fed up of that.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2010 8:41:03 AM
At 10/25/2010 8:27:23 AM, feverish wrote:

Nah, best strategy is to debate them or preach right back at them. They soon get fed up of that.

This. I opened the door on one a few months ago and pointed out all the flaws i the book of Mormon. They said they had to go but would be back. They never showed again.

I don't get mad at them for going door to door. They think that they are doing something God told them to do.
kfc
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2010 8:49:41 AM
At 10/25/2010 8:41:03 AM, Koopin wrote:

This. I opened the door on one a few months ago and pointed out all the flaws i the book of Mormon. They said they had to go but would be back. They never showed again.

I don't get mad at them for going door to door. They think that they are doing something God told them to do.

Yeah, like this. I generally have a long talk with them and gently challenge them all along. Eventually they start getting irritated and want to leave - they don't return. Of course having my partner there makes it more interesting.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2010 9:09:11 AM

I think that's honestly the full logical extreme that god has told any christian to do. spread the word to every corner of the earth. I admire that they put there faith on line going to door to door trying to convert others to it. It's something most Christians just are not brave enough to do.

There hearts are in the right place and the ones that used to show up at my house never were rude during there visits. and sometimes there reading material they leave has interesting stuff like an article on a bird that plants over a thousands seed in one day.
They stop coming on there own anyway when they realize your a lost cause. At least I figure that's why they stopped coming.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2010 1:16:22 PM

I just pretend to be interested just to be polite.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2010 1:36:14 PM
If a Jehova Witness comes to my door, they'll leave as an Atheist.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2010 2:45:48 PM
Thank goodness I live behind security gates these days - only residents with an electronic key fob can get in - that means no salesmen flogging double-glazing; no gypsies selling lucky heather and no JV's peddling religion!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2010 7:32:00 PM
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
stevencho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2010 12:38:24 PM
If you specifically tell a Jehovah's Witness to not be called on again, they will put you on a Do Not Call list and will no longer come to your door.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2010 12:42:33 PM
At 11/9/2010 12:38:24 PM, stevencho wrote:
If you specifically tell a Jehovah's Witness to not be called on again, they will put you on a Do Not Call list and will no longer come to your door.

I noticed you're Jehovah's Witness. One of my friends(who is an Atheist) is dating a Jehovah's Witness and his parents don't approve of her since she's not a Jehovah's Witness. Is there a reason for this shutting out of people of different beliefs?
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2010 9:28:07 PM
At 11/9/2010 12:48:02 PM, the-good-teacher wrote:
Jw's ?, Charles T Russell,[founder] and other Satan worshiping Freemason to start a false religion.

lol.