Total Posts:57|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Islam is evil:

janesix
Posts: 3,436
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 11:11:35 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/22/2016 10:48:43 PM, harrytruman wrote:
I finished my "New Integrated Version" of my Article, check it out:

https://docs.google.com...

Yes. So is Christianity.
harrytruman
Posts: 812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2016 12:24:14 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/22/2016 11:11:35 PM, janesix wrote:
At 1/22/2016 10:48:43 PM, harrytruman wrote:
I finished my "New Integrated Version" of my Article, check it out:

https://docs.google.com...

Yes. So is Christianity.

I provided unequivocal proof of Islam being evil, if you want to say that, get me some proof.
janesix
Posts: 3,436
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2016 12:42:41 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/23/2016 12:24:14 AM, harrytruman wrote:
At 1/22/2016 11:11:35 PM, janesix wrote:
At 1/22/2016 10:48:43 PM, harrytruman wrote:
I finished my "New Integrated Version" of my Article, check it out:

https://docs.google.com...

Yes. So is Christianity.

I provided unequivocal proof of Islam being evil, if you want to say that, get me some proof.
Have you read the bible? There is your proof.
harrytruman
Posts: 812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2016 12:48:20 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/23/2016 12:42:41 AM, janesix wrote:
At 1/23/2016 12:24:14 AM, harrytruman wrote:
At 1/22/2016 11:11:35 PM, janesix wrote:
At 1/22/2016 10:48:43 PM, harrytruman wrote:
I finished my "New Integrated Version" of my Article, check it out:

https://docs.google.com...

Yes. So is Christianity.

I provided unequivocal proof of Islam being evil, if you want to say that, get me some proof.
Have you read the bible? There is your proof.

You are going to need to get verses to prove that.
janesix
Posts: 3,436
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2016 12:52:14 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/23/2016 12:48:20 AM, harrytruman wrote:
At 1/23/2016 12:42:41 AM, janesix wrote:
At 1/23/2016 12:24:14 AM, harrytruman wrote:
At 1/22/2016 11:11:35 PM, janesix wrote:
At 1/22/2016 10:48:43 PM, harrytruman wrote:
I finished my "New Integrated Version" of my Article, check it out:

https://docs.google.com...

Yes. So is Christianity.

I provided unequivocal proof of Islam being evil, if you want to say that, get me some proof.
Have you read the bible? There is your proof.

You are going to need to get verses to prove that.

You can open to a random page, and see for yourself.
harrytruman
Posts: 812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2016 1:00:54 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/23/2016 12:52:14 AM, janesix wrote:
At 1/23/2016 12:48:20 AM, harrytruman wrote:
At 1/23/2016 12:42:41 AM, janesix wrote:
At 1/23/2016 12:24:14 AM, harrytruman wrote:
At 1/22/2016 11:11:35 PM, janesix wrote:
At 1/22/2016 10:48:43 PM, harrytruman wrote:
I finished my "New Integrated Version" of my Article, check it out:

https://docs.google.com...

Yes. So is Christianity.

I provided unequivocal proof of Islam being evil, if you want to say that, get me some proof.
Have you read the bible? There is your proof.

You are going to need to get verses to prove that.

You can open to a random page, and see for yourself.

OK, sure thing, here's my random page:
Psalms 1:1:
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful."

I don't see anything, give me a verse amigo, I gave specific verses from the UNholy Qur'an.
janesix
Posts: 3,436
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2016 1:11:08 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/23/2016 1:00:54 AM, harrytruman wrote:
At 1/23/2016 12:52:14 AM, janesix wrote:
At 1/23/2016 12:48:20 AM, harrytruman wrote:
At 1/23/2016 12:42:41 AM, janesix wrote:
At 1/23/2016 12:24:14 AM, harrytruman wrote:
At 1/22/2016 11:11:35 PM, janesix wrote:
At 1/22/2016 10:48:43 PM, harrytruman wrote:
I finished my "New Integrated Version" of my Article, check it out:

https://docs.google.com...

Yes. So is Christianity.

I provided unequivocal proof of Islam being evil, if you want to say that, get me some proof.
Have you read the bible? There is your proof.

You are going to need to get verses to prove that.

You can open to a random page, and see for yourself.

OK, sure thing, here's my random page:
Psalms 1:1:
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful."

I don't see anything, give me a verse amigo, I gave specific verses from the UNholy Qur'an.

Isaiah 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

1 Samuel 15:3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel
Casten
Posts: 391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2016 1:56:50 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
*puts on reading glasses*

Well, starting off, your arguments seem to rely heavily on appeal to authority -- namely, the Bible's. As an atheist I do not recognize the authority of the Bible, so "the Bible says so-and-so" will fall on deaf ears, I am afraid. Basically, I disagree with your premise. And your premise is that the Bible is right.

I do not recognize the authority of the Quran, either, so please do not mistake my rejection of your thesis as belief in Islam. If a Muslim had penned an article called "why Christianity is evil," and it led with passages from the Quran, we'd run into the same problem.

I'm annoying, but I annoy all religions equally, see. Soul o' fairness, that's me. 'Cept when it's not. But other than those times -- golden.
Reformist
Posts: 679
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2016 4:04:06 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
HarryTruman I think is just biased and doesn't see the obvious conclusion most of us have come to....

The Quran and the Bible say the same thing and have basically the same message

If you think the bible is good then respect the religions of others.

If you think its bad then by all means think other religions are bad

But don't act all high and mighty and think your religion is somehow more superior than others
DDO History Revival Officer
Fuher of the Reich

"I'm not Asian"-Vaarka

"I would rather have a fascist than a socialist in office"- Bball

To be a feminist or to be smart that is the question
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2016 6:06:59 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Thighing in Islam.
It is normal in Islamic culture for an old man to marry a child. Thighing(rubbing, masturbating, etc) is what the man does to the girl if he does not want to hurt her due to her small size.

http://youtu.be...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
harrytruman
Posts: 812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2016 7:29:58 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/23/2016 1:11:08 AM, janesix wrote:
At 1/23/2016 1:00:54 AM, harrytruman wrote:
At 1/23/2016 12:52:14 AM, janesix wrote:
At 1/23/2016 12:48:20 AM, harrytruman wrote:
At 1/23/2016 12:42:41 AM, janesix wrote:
At 1/23/2016 12:24:14 AM, harrytruman wrote:
At 1/22/2016 11:11:35 PM, janesix wrote:
At 1/22/2016 10:48:43 PM, harrytruman wrote:
I finished my "New Integrated Version" of my Article, check it out:

https://docs.google.com...

Yes. So is Christianity.

I provided unequivocal proof of Islam being evil, if you want to say that, get me some proof.
Have you read the bible? There is your proof.

You are going to need to get verses to prove that.

You can open to a random page, and see for yourself.

OK, sure thing, here's my random page:
Psalms 1:1:
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful."

I don't see anything, give me a verse amigo, I gave specific verses from the UNholy Qur'an.

Isaiah 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

1 Samuel 15:3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel

Yeah, they were bail worshipers, don't just assume what I mean by this, those places practiced bestiality, adultery incest, homosexuality, etc. The kinds of STD's that they would have had would be unimaginable, so their killing of the infants was more of euthanasia.

http://www.webmd.com...
Just look at the symptoms.
harrytruman
Posts: 812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2016 7:34:42 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/23/2016 1:56:50 AM, Casten wrote:
*puts on reading glasses*

Well, starting off, your arguments seem to rely heavily on appeal to authority -- namely, the Bible's. As an atheist I do not recognize the authority of the Bible, so "the Bible says so-and-so" will fall on deaf ears, I am afraid. Basically, I disagree with your premise. And your premise is that the Bible is right.

I do not recognize the authority of the Quran, either, so please do not mistake my rejection of your thesis as belief in Islam. If a Muslim had penned an article called "why Christianity is evil," and it led with passages from the Quran, we'd run into the same problem.

I'm annoying, but I annoy all religions equally, see. Soul o' fairness, that's me. 'Cept when it's not. But other than those times -- golden.

So, the bible saying pedophilia is wrong (which you should know already) makes it fall on deaf ears, these things here are obviously morally wrong, I just used verses fro the Bible to give it additional weight. For example, Unholy Qur'an verse 2:223 says basically "your wife is dirt treat her however you want"
This article was made for everyone to read, maybe you should view part two only, it goes to the point.
harrytruman
Posts: 812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2016 8:38:18 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/23/2016 4:04:06 PM, Reformist wrote:
HarryTruman I think is just biased and doesn't see the obvious conclusion most of us have come to....

The Quran and the Bible say the same thing and have basically the same message

No, their messages are polar opposites.

If you think the bible is good then respect the religions of others.

Respect other religions, I respect religions that are worth respect, such as Sikhism, or Buddhism, but Islam deserves no respect, it justifies rape, pedophilia, incest, bestiality, wife beating, and mass atrocity.

If you think its bad then by all means think other religions are bad

But don't act all high and mighty and think your religion is somehow more superior than others

Christianity is morally superior to Is;lam because Islam is evil.
harrytruman
Posts: 812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2016 8:39:43 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/23/2016 6:06:59 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Thighing in Islam.
It is normal in Islamic culture for an old man to marry a child. Thighing(rubbing, masturbating, etc) is what the man does to the girl if he does not want to hurt her due to her small size.

http://youtu.be...

If he did not want to hurt her he would not rape her you idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reformist
Posts: 679
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2016 8:40:21 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Yeah your a lost cause

There are good and bad things in both
DDO History Revival Officer
Fuher of the Reich

"I'm not Asian"-Vaarka

"I would rather have a fascist than a socialist in office"- Bball

To be a feminist or to be smart that is the question
harrytruman
Posts: 812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 4:53:50 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/23/2016 8:40:21 PM, Reformist wrote:
Yeah your a lost cause

There are good and bad things in both

You see that's your problem, you don't provide any evidences! You just say ridiculoyus comments!
Reformist
Posts: 679
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 1:49:03 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Really? You don't see any evidence that the Quran has some good and the Bible some bad?

I'm a Christian and I know that

Its just a different belief system. They believe in salvation just like you and me
DDO History Revival Officer
Fuher of the Reich

"I'm not Asian"-Vaarka

"I would rather have a fascist than a socialist in office"- Bball

To be a feminist or to be smart that is the question
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 2:09:30 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Hinduism

(meaning of mohamada refered here means maha= great and mada= swagger or full of madness)
"Muhammad is mentioned, as Mahāmada, in III.3.3.5-27. The passage states his origin in Arabia and portrays him as a dharmad$3;M79;aka ("polluter of righteousness/Dharma"), a preceptor of pai"7;āchadharma ("ghoulish religion"), and a reincarnation of Tripurāsura, a demon whom Lord Shiva will destroy again.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 2:33:53 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Muslim clerics claim Shiva first prophet of Islam. Shiva is a god in Hinduism.

http://m.firstpost.com...

Islam claims Muhmmed was prophesied in Hindu scriptures, but don't tell you he is a demon in Hindu scriptures.

https://themuslimissue.wordpress.com...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 6:10:38 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/23/2016 1:56:50 AM, Casten wrote:
*puts on reading glasses*

Well, starting off, your arguments seem to rely heavily on appeal to authority -- namely, the Bible's. As an atheist I do not recognize the authority of the Bible, so "the Bible says so-and-so" will fall on deaf ears, I am afraid. Basically, I disagree with your premise. And your premise is that the Bible is right.

I do not recognize the authority of the Quran, either, so please do not mistake my rejection of your thesis as belief in Islam. If a Muslim had penned an article called "why Christianity is evil," and it led with passages from the Quran, we'd run into the same problem.

I'm annoying, but I annoy all religions equally, see. Soul o' fairness, that's me. 'Cept when it's not. But other than those times -- golden.

I don't mean this in an arrogant way but in an inquisitve way. What do you feel would be the deal maker for you? What would have to have happen for you to have belief or consider belief. What exactly would that be?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Casten
Posts: 391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 10:09:09 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/24/2016 6:10:38 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

I don't mean this in an arrogant way but in an inquisitve way. What do you feel would be the deal maker for you? What would have to have happen for you to have belief or consider belief. What exactly would that be?
Are you asking me what it would take for me to believe Islam is evil, or what it would take for me to become a believer, in general?
Casten
Posts: 391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 10:23:38 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/23/2016 7:34:42 PM, harrytruman wrote:
At 1/23/2016 1:56:50 AM, Casten wrote:
*puts on reading glasses*

Well, starting off, your arguments seem to rely heavily on appeal to authority -- namely, the Bible's. As an atheist I do not recognize the authority of the Bible, so "the Bible says so-and-so" will fall on deaf ears, I am afraid. Basically, I disagree with your premise. And your premise is that the Bible is right.

I do not recognize the authority of the Quran, either, so please do not mistake my rejection of your thesis as belief in Islam. If a Muslim had penned an article called "why Christianity is evil," and it led with passages from the Quran, we'd run into the same problem.

I'm annoying, but I annoy all religions equally, see. Soul o' fairness, that's me. 'Cept when it's not. But other than those times -- golden.

So, the bible saying pedophilia is wrong (which you should know already) makes it fall on deaf ears, these things here are obviously morally wrong, I just used verses fro the Bible to give it additional weight. For example, Unholy Qur'an verse 2:223 says basically "your wife is dirt treat her however you want"
This article was made for everyone to read, maybe you should view part two only, it goes to the point.
Thanks. I'll skip to part two.

I don't need the Bible's help to see that pedophilia and rape are wrong, this is true. But you prefaced each of your criticisms with a Biblical passage, as if the Bible is the source of your criticism. Since it's not the source of mine (yes, I do have criticisms of the Quran) I thought that might be a bit of a problem. Pardon my confusion.

I still don't find "false prophet" or "disobeys the one true God" to be accusations that mean much to me. I'm more concerned with cruelty and the harming of innocents.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 10:24:26 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/24/2016 10:09:09 PM, Casten wrote:
At 1/24/2016 6:10:38 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

I don't mean this in an arrogant way but in an inquisitve way. What do you feel would be the deal maker for you? What would have to have happen for you to have belief or consider belief. What exactly would that be?
Are you asking me what it would take for me to believe Islam is evil, or what it would take for me to become a believer, in general?

Just a believer in general. I've always wondered what the thing is that's sopposed to happen for belief in the mind of an Atheist. I understand the Agnostic stance saying "I don't know, thus I support no belief" as opposed to Atheism which statesore or less"I know that no god exists". So I m inquiring what it is an Atheidt or Agnostic wants God to do or us to do or are they fully opposed to the idea even if they knew God existed?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
harrytruman
Posts: 812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 10:31:46 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/24/2016 10:23:38 PM, Casten wrote:
At 1/23/2016 7:34:42 PM, harrytruman wrote:
At 1/23/2016 1:56:50 AM, Casten wrote:
*puts on reading glasses*

Well, starting off, your arguments seem to rely heavily on appeal to authority -- namely, the Bible's. As an atheist I do not recognize the authority of the Bible, so "the Bible says so-and-so" will fall on deaf ears, I am afraid. Basically, I disagree with your premise. And your premise is that the Bible is right.

I do not recognize the authority of the Quran, either, so please do not mistake my rejection of your thesis as belief in Islam. If a Muslim had penned an article called "why Christianity is evil," and it led with passages from the Quran, we'd run into the same problem.

I'm annoying, but I annoy all religions equally, see. Soul o' fairness, that's me. 'Cept when it's not. But other than those times -- golden.

So, the bible saying pedophilia is wrong (which you should know already) makes it fall on deaf ears, these things here are obviously morally wrong, I just used verses fro the Bible to give it additional weight. For example, Unholy Qur'an verse 2:223 says basically "your wife is dirt treat her however you want"
This article was made for everyone to read, maybe you should view part two only, it goes to the point.
Thanks. I'll skip to part two.

I don't need the Bible's help to see that pedophilia and rape are wrong, this is true. But you prefaced each of your criticisms with a Biblical passage, as if the Bible is the source of your criticism. Since it's not the source of mine (yes, I do have criticisms of the Quran) I thought that might be a bit of a problem. Pardon my confusion.

I still don't find "false prophet" or "disobeys the one true God" to be accusations that mean much to me. I'm more concerned with cruelty and the harming of innocents.

Good, now I can get your point there, and it makes sense, though the majority of the criticism is in what it says, such as 2:223, 4:34, or 9:111, these are a couple examples.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 10:33:17 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
I also wonder is it an "anti god even if there is one" stance or just as simple as "I do not believe."
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 10:41:06 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/23/2016 7:29:58 PM, harrytruman wrote:
At 1/23/2016 1:11:08 AM, janesix wrote:
At 1/23/2016 1:00:54 AM, harrytruman wrote:
At 1/23/2016 12:52:14 AM, janesix wrote:
At 1/23/2016 12:48:20 AM, harrytruman wrote:
At 1/23/2016 12:42:41 AM, janesix wrote:
At 1/23/2016 12:24:14 AM, harrytruman wrote:
At 1/22/2016 11:11:35 PM, janesix wrote:
At 1/22/2016 10:48:43 PM, harrytruman wrote:
I finished my "New Integrated Version" of my Article, check it out:

https://docs.google.com...

Yes. So is Christianity.

I provided unequivocal proof of Islam being evil, if you want to say that, get me some proof.
Have you read the bible? There is your proof.

You are going to need to get verses to prove that.

You can open to a random page, and see for yourself.

OK, sure thing, here's my random page:
Psalms 1:1:
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful."

I don't see anything, give me a verse amigo, I gave specific verses from the UNholy Qur'an.

Isaiah 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

1 Samuel 15:3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel

Yeah, they were bail worshipers, don't just assume what I mean by this, those places practiced bestiality, adultery incest, homosexuality, etc. The kinds of STD's that they would have had would be unimaginable, so their killing of the infants was more of euthanasia.
Prove any of that crap.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 10:44:47 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/23/2016 7:34:42 PM, harrytruman wrote:
At 1/23/2016 1:56:50 AM, Casten wrote:
*puts on reading glasses*

Well, starting off, your arguments seem to rely heavily on appeal to authority -- namely, the Bible's. As an atheist I do not recognize the authority of the Bible, so "the Bible says so-and-so" will fall on deaf ears, I am afraid. Basically, I disagree with your premise. And your premise is that the Bible is right.

I do not recognize the authority of the Quran, either, so please do not mistake my rejection of your thesis as belief in Islam. If a Muslim had penned an article called "why Christianity is evil," and it led with passages from the Quran, we'd run into the same problem.

I'm annoying, but I annoy all religions equally, see. Soul o' fairness, that's me. 'Cept when it's not. But other than those times -- golden.

So, the bible saying pedophilia is wrong (which you should know already) makes it fall on deaf ears, these things here are obviously morally wrong, I just used verses fro the Bible to give it additional weight. For example, Unholy Qur'an verse 2:223 says basically "your wife is dirt treat her however you want"
This article was made for everyone to read, maybe you should view part two only, it goes to the point.
And take those females who have not known man for yourselves, that means prepubescent girls ergo paedophilia was OK'd by your god. Read your book.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 10:45:45 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/23/2016 8:38:18 PM, harrytruman wrote:
At 1/23/2016 4:04:06 PM, Reformist wrote:
HarryTruman I think is just biased and doesn't see the obvious conclusion most of us have come to....

The Quran and the Bible say the same thing and have basically the same message

No, their messages are polar opposites.

If you think the bible is good then respect the religions of others.

Respect other religions, I respect religions that are worth respect, such as Sikhism, or Buddhism, but Islam deserves no respect, it justifies rape, pedophilia, incest, bestiality, wife beating, and mass atrocity.

If you think its bad then by all means think other religions are bad

But don't act all high and mighty and think your religion is somehow more superior than others

Christianity is morally superior to Is;lam because Islam is evil.

Nice circle.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Casten
Posts: 391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 10:50:52 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/24/2016 10:24:26 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Just a believer in general. I've always wondered what the thing is that's sopposed to happen for belief in the mind of an Atheist. I understand the Agnostic stance saying "I don't know, thus I support no belief" as opposed to Atheism which statesore or less"I know that no god exists". So I m inquiring what it is an Atheidt or Agnostic wants God to do or us to do or are they fully opposed to the idea even if they knew God existed?
I'm an agnostic atheist. I don't claim knowledge. I only claim to believe there is no God.

I would have put "agnostic atheist" on my profile, but a) there was no option for it, b) it sounds kind of hoity-toity, and c) the "atheist" bit is all anyone really needs to know anyway, why confuse people.

As for what happens in the mind of an atheist -- well, that will vary between people, I would think. I experienced an urge to believe in God, just like I'm sure you did. I think that urge is pretty human and natural. But my personal experiences and thought processes led me down a different path.

I'm not anti-God. I just don't believe. I don't want God to "do" anything. If God showed himself right this minute, I'd just admit I was wrong and accept it. That's assuming he could use his God powers to make me 100% certain he's God, and not an evil villain from an alien race sent to suck out our brains. Aliens are always posing as our gods. That's how they get us. Look at Stargate. Damn Goa'uld.