Total Posts:108|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Converting Muslims to Christianity better?

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 6:36:31 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
If Muslims will not accept Atheism, would it be goo to convert them to another religion?

Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Ex Muslim, Atheist, and Advocate for human rights

http://youtu.be...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 10:07:47 AM
At 1/24/2016 6:36:31 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
If Muslims will not accept Atheism, would it be goo to convert them to another religion?

Why did/would they leave Islam? and why did they choose Christianity? What does the Christianity promise? What if they don't become Christians? what will be the risk? How to become a Christian? How to practice Christianity?
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 11:34:56 AM

Only convincing them of the benefits of converting themselves to the One True Faith would do any good.

No-one can truly convert another, if they are that gullible they are no use to Jehovah.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 6:07:17 PM
At 1/24/2016 11:34:56 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Only convincing them of the benefits of converting themselves to the One True Faith would do any good.

No-one can truly convert another, if they are that gullible they are no use to Jehovah.

islam to the jw's out of the frying pan in to the fire...lol
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 10:08:19 PM
At 1/24/2016 10:07:47 AM, uncung wrote:

Why did/would they leave Islam? and why did they choose Christianity? What does the Christianity promise? What if they don't become Christians? what will be the risk? How to become a Christian? How to practice Christianity?

Living under "the law of love", loving your enemies and all peoples. Living under grace as free instead of living as slaves to religious laws. Loving simply under religious laws is not morality, it's fear standing alone as fear. Covering up women is not morality. It's opresdion. Praying a set amount of times a day isn't morality. It's fear. Jesus freed us fromreligious precepts and gave us the law that He summed up as having only one single command,"love God. Love your neighbor as yourself. Even love your enemy." That is true morality not based on fear but on love.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 10:16:35 PM
It seems a better "law of god" to say our law is based on how you treat others: charity, mercy, patience, kindness, forgiveness, etc as opposed to a law that simply tells you to make a pilgrimage, pray five times a day in a certain direction, dress a certain way, eat a certain way, etc. It has forgotten the heavier and best parts of the law concerning loving all of humanity through your actions towards them.

Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 11:03:59 PM
How does one turn a Muslim into a Christian? Is there a special incantation? Bippity boppity boo, that sort of thing?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 11:17:43 PM
At 1/24/2016 6:07:17 PM, graceofgod wrote:

Not such a big jump, they're both totalitarian.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 11:32:01 PM
At 1/24/2016 11:03:59 PM, Casten wrote:
How does one turn a Muslim into a Christian? Is there a special incantation? Bippity boppity boo, that sort of thing?

No, it's not that simple.

First off the Muslim would want to be converted, or more accurately to convert him or her self.

Then they have to go through a Bible Study with Jehovah's Witnesses..

Only when the Congregation Elders, as a group, are convinced that the student not only knows what they are committing themselves to, but fully understands it are they accepted as Baptism Candidates.

That process can take years to achieve the end result, though the longest study I have ever come across was 6 years from study to Baptism. The "average" is somewhere between 1 and 3 years.

Rarely does anyone get there in less than a year, though n fact I did it in 6 months, but I was fortunate in having a head start because I already believed many of the basics they were teaching me.

In fact it was discovering that they believe so much of what I already had found to be obvious in scripture that inspired me, and I use that word in the fullest sense, to seek them out and ask for a study. Something else that I gather rarely happens.

It is usually those coming in from the myriad fake versions of "Christianity" that have the most difficulty learning to break the patterns of thought they have been moulded into.

However the brothers understand that, after all it took about 50 years for the WTBTS to learn the lessons themselves. They simply patiently guide the student through Jehovah's way of thinking, and that of his son, who became the Christ.

You only have to think back to how hard it proved for Christ and the Apostles to open the eyes of the Jews to Jehovah's thinking, and those people all knew their Bible, the Hebrew Scriptures, far better than most do today outside of Jehovah's Witnesses.

As for opposers, they were as active as they are today, and ironically blood was at the centre of the criticisms back then. BAck then those who tried to follow Christ's teachings were accused of murdering their own children and drinking their blood.

Satan has no new tricks so he has to keep adapting old ones.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 11:37:30 PM
At 1/24/2016 11:32:01 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

First off the Muslim would want to be converted, or more accurately to convert him or her self.

Only when the Congregation Elders, as a group, are convinced that the student not only knows what they are committing themselves to, but fully understands it are they accepted as Baptism Candidates.

That process can take years to achieve the end result, though the longest study I have ever come across was 6 years from study to Baptism. The "average" is somewhere between 1 and 3 years.

Rarely does anyone get there in less than a year, though n fact I did it in 6 months, but I was fortunate in having a head start because I already believed many of the basics they were teaching me.

In fact it was discovering that they believe so much of what I already had found to be obvious in scripture that inspired me, and I use that word in the fullest sense, to seek them out and ask for a study. Something else that I gather rarely happens.

It is usually those coming in from the myriad fake versions of "Christianity" that have the most difficulty learning to break the patterns of thought they have been moulded into.

However the brothers understand that, after all it took about 50 years for the WTBTS to learn the lessons themselves. They simply patiently guide the student through Jehovah's way of thinking, and that of his son, who became the Christ.

You only have to think back to how hard it proved for Christ and the Apostles to open the eyes of the Jews to Jehovah's thinking, and those people all knew their Bible, the Hebrew Scriptures, far better than most do today outside of Jehovah's Witnesses.

As for opposers, they were as active as they are today, and ironically blood was at the centre of the criticisms back then. BAck then those who tried to follow Christ's teachings were accused of murdering their own children and drinking their blood.

they were talking about converting to a Christian not a jw.....

again when you say Christ you mean michael right, how many apostles did the angel michael have according to scripture....??
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 12:01:55 AM
At 1/24/2016 11:17:43 PM, bulproof wrote:

It's a bigger jump that it seems. though they are both Theocracies

Christ was what you call totalitarian, as were the Apostles so yes of course the JWs are the same.

Read passages like:

Matthew 7:13-14
Matthew 7:21-23
Matthew 10 (yes, all of it).
John 17:20-26

From those passages and many others like them you can only have one understanding:

Followers of Christ were always going to be in a minority.

There would come a time when the faith would almost completely disappear from the earth (Luke 18:8).

They were always going to be unpopular with the majority, especially with those following Apostate versions.

What became known, to opposers initially at least, as Christianity was always going to be an exclusive "club" with very strict rules, terms and conditions.

It was always going to firmly reject any who do not accept what scripture, Christ and the Apostles taught 100%, with no room for dissension.

It was only intended to have one leader, Christ, and one God, Jehovah.

Satan soon watered it down, and the majority of ones who wish to be seen by other humans as "Christian" follow and teach the easier paths.

So yes, True Christianity is an extreme faith, as is Islam.

However they are two completely opposite extremes, Islam is Satan's version, having its originations with Abraham's illegitimate so Ishmael, whereas true Christianity, the Global Brotherhood of Jehovah's Witnesses, has it's roots solidly planted in Abraham's only legitimate son Isaac. As such it is Made up only of those who recognise Jehovah, the God of Israel as the one true God, and his son who became the Christ, as their King.

That means it is a very long step indeed for followers of ISlam to move over to the other extreme.

Ironically, the short step from Apostate Christianity , especially Roman Catholicism, is often the hardest to take, thus proving the old saying that no matter how long or short the journey, the first step is always the hardest to take.

However I have known ex-members of the majority if faiths embrace the True Faith, as taught by Christ and the Apostles.

It also the truth of the statement by Christ, that the only ones who come to his side are the ones his father chooses to do that.

John 6:44 No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him,+ and I will resurrect him on the last day.

John 6:65 He went on to say: "This is why I have said to you, no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father."

Why is it up to Jehovah to draw people to his son's side?

Because he wants certain types as his potential friends and his son is the only way we can learn to draw close to Jehovah until we are returned to the holy state Adam threw away. (John 4:23-24)

Thus Jehovah chooses who he wants and draws them to his son's side to learn.

John 14:6 Jesus said to him: "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

To repeat.

The only way to the father's side is through the son, so the father draws those he wants to his son's side.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 12:08:06 AM
At 1/24/2016 11:37:30 PM, graceofgod wrote:

they were talking about converting to a Christian not a jw.....

again when you say Christ you mean michael right, how many apostles did the angel michael have according to scripture....??

For the umpteenth time, Michael, AKA The Word, Jehovah's only begotten son, was not an Angel. He was the Archangel, the only one created by Jehovah all alone, and came to earth to become the Christ in Jesus body. John 1:14.

They are true Christians because they recognise and live by that truth.

The only true followers of Christ are the JWs. Simple as.

I know you don't like it, but Jehovah and his son do, so I am afraid it is you who loses every time.

Truth is truth, and you cannot change it to fit what you want, no matter how hard you try, and you are trying.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 12:11:53 AM
At 1/25/2016 12:01:55 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/24/2016 11:17:43 PM, bulproof wrote:

It's a bigger jump that it seems. though they are both Theocracies

Christ was what you call totalitarian, as were the Apostles so yes of course the JWs are the same.

Read passages like:

Matthew 7:13-14
Matthew 7:21-23
Matthew 10 (yes, all of it).
John 17:20-26

From those passages and many others like them you can only have one understanding:

Followers of Christ were always going to be in a minority.

There would come a time when the faith would almost completely disappear from the earth (Luke 18:8).

They were always going to be unpopular with the majority, especially with those following Apostate versions.

What became known, to opposers initially at least, as Christianity was always going to be an exclusive "club" with very strict rules, terms and conditions.

It was always going to firmly reject any who do not accept what scripture, Christ and the Apostles taught 100%, with no room for dissension.

It was only intended to have one leader, Christ, and one God, Jehovah.

Satan soon watered it down, and the majority of ones who wish to be seen by other humans as "Christian" follow and teach the easier paths.

So yes, True Christianity is an extreme faith, as is Islam.

However they are two completely opposite extremes, Islam is Satan's version, having its originations with Abraham's illegitimate so Ishmael, whereas true Christianity, the Global Brotherhood of Jehovah's Witnesses, has it's roots solidly planted in Abraham's only legitimate son Isaac. As such it is Made up only of those who recognise Jehovah, the God of Israel as the one true God, and his son who became the Christ, as their King.

That means it is a very long step indeed for followers of ISlam to move over to the other extreme.

Ironically, the short step from Apostate Christianity , especially Roman Catholicism, is often the hardest to take, thus proving the old saying that no matter how long or short the journey, the first step is always the hardest to take.

However I have known ex-members of the majority if faiths embrace the True Faith, as taught by Christ and the Apostles.

It also the truth of the statement by Christ, that the only ones who come to his side are the ones his father chooses to do that.

John 6:44 No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him,+ and I will resurrect him on the last day.

John 6:65 He went on to say: "This is why I have said to you, no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father."

Why is it up to Jehovah to draw people to his son's side?

Because he wants certain types as his potential friends and his son is the only way we can learn to draw close to Jehovah until we are returned to the holy state Adam threw away. (John 4:23-24)

Thus Jehovah chooses who he wants and draws them to his son's side to learn.

John 14:6 Jesus said to him: "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

To repeat.

The only way to the father's side is through the son, so the father draws those he wants to his son's side.
You really need to save your insane drivel for the would be jehovians and jehovians, they are the only ones stupid enough to even read it.
Who were Richard and Billy?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 12:17:34 AM
At 1/24/2016 10:16:35 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
It seems a better "law of god" to say our law is based on how you treat others: charity, mercy, patience, kindness, forgiveness, etc as opposed to a law that simply tells you to make a pilgrimage, pray five times a day in a certain direction, dress a certain way, eat a certain way, etc. It has forgotten the heavier and best parts of the law concerning loving all of humanity through your actions towards them.

That is very much the truth of it. Remember Jesus words to the Pharisee who tried to trick him by asking what the most important commandment in the law is?

Luke 10:25-28
25 Now look! a man versed in the Law stood up to test him and said: "Teacher, what do I need to do to inherit everlasting life?" 26 He said to him: "What is written in the Law? How do you read?" 27 In answer he said: ""You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole strength and with your whole mind" and "your neighbor as yourself."" 28 He said to him: "You answered correctly; keep doing this and you will get life."

Jesus was quoting from Deuteronomy 6:5 and Leviticus 19:18

Jesus point?

Only by obeying both of those, to the best of your ability, will you meet with the approval of God and Christ.

James' letter explains more fully how to show love for your fellow man.

Also, in Matthew's account of the same incident Jesus says that by loving Jehovah that way, and also loving your fellow man as yourself, you are i fact fulfilling the whole of the law.

So you are at least a large part of the way there with what you say.
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 12:32:55 AM

Good lord. I thought we were talking about just making them Lutheran or something.

Now I think you should definitely just make them Lutheran or something.
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 12:35:27 AM

People's religion is chosen for them based on the geography of their birth. If the community you grow up in is Muslim or Christian, then that is the religion you will follow. While some may convert to a different sect within the religion (ie Catholic to Protestant), very few actually convert to a totally new religion.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 3:00:01 AM
At 1/25/2016 12:35:27 AM, matt8800 wrote:

People's religion is chosen for them based on the geography of their birth. If the community you grow up in is Muslim or Christian, then that is the religion you will follow. While some may convert to a different sect within the religion (ie Catholic to Protestant), very few actually convert to a totally new religion.

Except Barack Obama. Ahem...

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 12:22:43 PM
At 1/25/2016 12:32:55 AM, Casten wrote:

Good lord. I thought we were talking about just making them Lutheran or something.

Now I think you should definitely just make them Lutheran or something.

Making them "Lutheran or something" would not make them truly Christian.

There is no point in any changing from one false faith to another. Only the truth brings any benefit.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 12:27:00 PM
At 1/25/2016 12:35:27 AM, matt8800 wrote:

No, it is not. They can accept that, or they can accept the truth, which is being taught in every country in the world by Jehovah's Witnesses.

Jehovah and his son will not accept "it's what my parents did" as an excuse, we are all, individually, responsible for seeking out and finding truth, and since he is making it easy for you by drawing people to his son's side and having them call from door to door, and in businesses and the streets, you have little excuse for choosing not to listen.

False religion is everywhere in many guises. The truth is also everywhere, but only comes from one source.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 1:29:11 PM

u have to go through magic tricks involving pools and priests, if these conditions r not met no hope for ya.. bwt it costs some money to confess your sins to a priest o0
Never fart near dog
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 3:11:04 PM
At 1/24/2016 10:08:19 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Living under "the law of love", loving your enemies and all peoples. Living under grace as free instead of living as slaves to religious laws. Loving simply under religious laws is not morality, it's fear standing alone as fear. Covering up women is not morality. It's opresdion. Praying a set amount of times a day isn't morality. It's fear. Jesus freed us fromreligious precepts and gave us the law that He summed up as having only one single command,"love God. Love your neighbor as yourself. Even love your enemy." That is true morality not based on fear but on love.

how to love the enemies?
how to love the God?
how to love the neighbor as our self?

are non Christians not performing those things?

(actually you didn't answer the above questions). But I do not insist you to answer it, becaue I know there is no answer for that.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 3:19:16 PM
At 1/25/2016 3:11:04 PM, uncung wrote:

how to love the enemies?
how to love the God?

(actually you didn't answer the above questions). But I do not insist you to answer it, becaue I know there is no answer for that.

(Taqiyya)

The Quran does not teach to love your enemies. It says that Allah hates infidels. Infidels are to be killed. This is not loving your enemy.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 3:20:16 PM
At 1/25/2016 1:29:11 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

u have to go through magic tricks involving pools and priests, if these conditions r not met no hope for ya.. bwt it costs some money to confess your sins to a priest o0

I'm not Catholic.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 3:24:49 PM

According to themselves they left because it made no sense, was written by an oppressor of women, and advocates violence.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 3:25:28 PM
Ask Barack Obama why he "converted".

uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 3:27:22 PM
At 1/25/2016 3:19:16 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 1/25/2016 3:11:04 PM, uncung wrote:

how to love the enemies?
how to love the God?

(Taqiyya)

The Quran does not teach to love your enemies. It says that Allah hates infidels. Infidels are to be killed. This is not loving your enemy.

Who are your enemies actually? How to love enemies? If Allah hated infidels then we can do nothing, since He is a God.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 3:31:03 PM
At 1/25/2016 3:24:49 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

According to themselves they left because it made no sense, was written by an oppressor of women, and advocates violence.

Which parts of Islamic teaching made no sense? What kind of oppressing women is it? Isn't Christianity also advocates violence?
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 4:09:42 PM
At 1/25/2016 3:31:03 PM, uncung wrote:

Which parts of Islamic teaching made no sense? What kind of oppressing women is it? Isn't Christianity also advocates violence?

Jesus is who Christians go by the teachings of. He never taught violence. He taught "love your enemy" and "turn the other cheek" "show mercy", "forgive". He didn't teach we do these things just to Christians. He taught that we do these things to all human beings reguardless of religion, race, sexual orientation, etc. He taught to NEVER lie. Islam allows lying in "certain circumstances" and it allows lying to "unbelievers". This is not compatable with the teachings of Jesus in the New Testament.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 4:20:05 PM
In the New Testament, which Christians go by, it is peace and love at any cost. Muhammed's teaching is eye for an eye. Jesus rebuked the idea of eye for an eye in the New Testament. Muhammed taught hate for your enemy. Jesus taught love and mercy toward your enemy. Jesus rebuked stoning in the New Testament. Muhammed taught stoning. If Muhammed had never come along, the entire Middle East would be caught up with Western world, would be more peaceful, and we would all consider each others as brothers. But he made a split between Christians and Muslims and kept Islam in the dark ages, doing them a dis-service and keeping them mental slaves who could not progress forward ethically or technologically or on human rights. Muslims should resent him for holding them back, opressing them, and advocating violence when if he'd never wrote the Quran their lives would be more ethical, peaceful, and just flat out better.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 5:01:21 PM
At 1/25/2016 3:31:03 PM, uncung wrote:

Muslim men are "covering up their women'(and not themselves of course), killing homosexuals, killing apostates, chopping off body parts, emplementing clitoris removal for females. That my friend is the definition of oppression.