God is insane...

AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 12:20:30 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Christian God is insane, and I can prove it:

Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

What does God do?

Adam and Eve sin, due to God allowing magical talking snake (devil?) to tempt them. So he banishes them from Garden of Eden (wherever that may be) and they do their own thing (breed)...

...that is until Noah's time, where most of the planet's population was wicked. So what does God do? Destroy the whole earth except for a few righteous people (Noah and his family) to - once again - breed.

Fair enough...but then humanity creates "tower of Babel" thing to unite the whole of humanity together for a common cause, which God then goes ahead and destroys because he's an "#%@&$"...

Anyway, humanity then disperses and does it's own thing until Sodom and Gomorrah, which he destroys because it's wicked, except for Lot and his family...scratch that, he also turned Lot's wife into a pillar of Morton Salt.

Fair enough...except for Lot's wife (that was a bit harsh).

Nonetheless, humanity again does its own thing until a few thousand years later, the Jews find themselves as slaves to the Egyptians (bummer). Once again, God destroys most of Egypt except for the righteous people (the Jews) and they flee from Egypt to Canaan.

Once again, though, the Jews repeatedly lose faith and even turn into rebellious Idolaters. So God obliterates the bad guys and keeps the good guys alive to populate again,

The exact, I repeat, EXACT same sh*t happens for the next 1500 years until *trumpet noises* Jesus...

So Jesus comes to earth to introduce us with the same options: believers in Christ will be raised to heaven (or something like that) while non-believers go to hell (or something like that). After another 1900 years, we're still waiting. But it will happen!..............eventually..........

But, my point is: Did it ever occur to God that maybe...just maybe...this whole "Kill all the bad guys and free all the good guys and let them run wild again" strategy isn't working?

God keeps trying this same thing over and over again and still expecting different results. Therefore, he's insane.

Am I still required to worship such an incompetent God?
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 12:25:55 PM
At 1/25/2016 12:20:30 PM, AWSM0055 wrote:

Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

What does God do?

Adam and Eve sin, due to God allowing magical talking snake (devil?) to tempt them. So he banishes them from Garden of Eden (wherever that may be) and they do their own thing (breed)...

...that is until Noah's time, where most of the planet's population was wicked. So what does God do? Destroy the whole earth except for a few righteous people (Noah and his family) to - once again - breed.

Fair enough...but then humanity creates "tower of Babel" thing to unite the whole of humanity together for a common cause, which God then goes ahead and destroys because he's an "#%@&$"...

Anyway, humanity then disperses and does it's own thing until Sodom and Gomorrah, which he destroys because it's wicked, except for Lot and his family...scratch that, he also turned Lot's wife into a pillar of Morton Salt.

Nonetheless, humanity again does its own thing until a few thousand years later, the Jews find themselves as slaves to the Egyptians (bummer). Once again, God destroys most of Egypt except for the righteous people (the Jews) and they flee from Egypt to Canaan.

Once again, though, the Jews repeatedly lose faith and even turn into rebellious Idolaters. So God obliterates the bad guys and keeps the good guys alive to populate again,

The exact, I repeat, EXACT same sh*t happens for the next 1500 years until *trumpet noises* Jesus...

So Jesus comes to earth to introduce us with the same options: believers in Christ will be raised to heaven (or something like that) while non-believers go to hell (or something like that). After another 1900 years, we're still waiting. But it will happen!..............eventually..........

But, my point is: Did it ever occur to God that maybe...just maybe...this whole "Kill all the bad guys and free all the good guys and let them run wild again" strategy isn't working?

God keeps trying this same thing over and over again and still expecting different results. Therefore, he's insane.

If is existed it would be like worshipping Hitler, only worse!
be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:03:50 PM

What does God do?

: Am I still required to worship such an incompetent God?

Do you think God wants a completely incompetent man worshiping Him?

The biblical saying is true: "My people perish for lack of knowledge."

That's about you OP
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:08:54 PM

What does God do?

Who says it's "not working?"

If it's doing what He expects it to do and yields the results He wants, it's working just fine. You would have to dfine what outcome He wants in the first place to define whether it's "working" or not.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:11:02 PM
At 1/25/2016 12:25:55 PM, JJ50 wrote:

What does God do?

Looks like you guys missed the New Testament and the abolishing of the Old Testament. I redirect you to the "Christians are not under the Old covenant" thread.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:42:00 PM
At 1/25/2016 2:11:02 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

What does God do?

Looks like you guys missed the New Testament and the abolishing of the Old Testament. I redirect you to the "Christians are not under the Old covenant" thread.

Looks like you missed the translation of the word "new."

The word "new," from Jeremiah, means:

02319 // vdx // chadash // khaw-dawsh' //

from 02318 ; TWOT - 613a; adj

AV - new 48, new thing 4, fresh 1; 53

1) new, new thing, fresh

The word new, is often translated from Hebrew as "renewed," That makes sense since since the two greatest laws are contained within the "old covenant." (Often overlooked by NT only believers.)

Deuteronomy 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Leviticus 19:18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

Jesus affirmed these commandments, He did not make them void.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 9:04:34 PM

Or because it was like Black Tower of Mordor and God don"t like tyrannical governments. It would be good to notice that the one world government that many want, will is basically same as tower of Babylon, or Tower of Mordor, and the end will be the same.

I think you just proved that people are insane. They repeatedly chose evilness and perish. At this point reasonable person should notice that maybe being evil is not good idea.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 11:25:22 PM

What does God do?

Get over it, it's symbolic for the weakness in the flesh, none of us can escape that but through the Spirit. The snake, the temptation, the tree ect is all to understand a simple understanding, that we fall short in the flesh, big deal. This is something we should all be able to say amen to.

Yeah, God forbid He destroy wickedness lol, maybe you would have never lived if God had not done it? ever thought about that?

No, go back and read why God destroyed it...

Yeah, because we all like our sons to be raped in the street by freaks lol. Let em all live Lord...

Would you rather get torched by balls of fire or turn into a block of salt lol?

Welcome to humanity.

You sound frustrated.

It worked to bring you about didn't it?

He doesn't expect a different result, read the scriptures son, we all fall short, always. It's the fellowship with the Spirit we are pursuing, not the flesh.

You are required to approach the light of God and walk therein, if you do not then that is your business.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 11:50:11 PM
At 1/25/2016 2:42:00 PM, be_diligent wrote:

What does God do?

1) new, new thing, fresh

The word new, is often translated from Hebrew as "renewed," That makes sense since since the two greatest laws are contained within the "old covenant." (Often overlooked by NT only believers.)

Deuteronomy 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Leviticus 19:18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

I'm not a "new testament only believer". But I also don't stone adulterers, kill homosexuals, kill disobediant children, etc for a reason mentioned in the New Testament.

Elderman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 11:52:09 PM

What does God do?

Am I still required to worship such an incompetent God? : :

God might appear insane to his people but I assure you, since you were created by him, then you must be insane also.
be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 11:55:56 PM
At 1/25/2016 11:50:11 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

What does God do?

1) new, new thing, fresh

I'm not a "new testament only believer". But I also don't stone adulterers, kill homosexuals, kill disobediant children, etc for a reason mentioned in the New Testament.

Well, if you look at the battle not being against flesh and blood, but a spiritual battle, then the OT principles do have a pattern.

The law was natural, the Hebrew people were just being brought into their own land after 450 years of slavery. There had to be laws, and strict laws. But the principle was always about mercy.

Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

I believe that God has always required mercy, but the flesh is stubborn and contrary and not even subject to the laws of God. Jesus cleared many of those things up.
be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 11:57:40 PM
At 1/25/2016 11:55:56 PM, be_diligent wrote:

What does God do?

1) new, new thing, fresh

Well, if you look at the battle not being against flesh and blood, but a spiritual battle, then the OT principles do have a pattern.

The law was natural, the Hebrew people were just being brought into their own land after 450 years of slavery. There had to be laws, and strict laws. But the principle was always about mercy.

Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

I believe that God has always required mercy, but the flesh is stubborn and contrary and not even subject to the laws of God. Jesus cleared many of those things up.

It was never about God's word being in error. When you read those OT principles, consider the spiritual aspects. You'll see all kinds of amazing precepts.

The bible is a spiritual book.
Elderman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 12:39:26 AM

What does God do?

1) new, new thing, fresh

I believe that God has always required mercy, but the flesh is stubborn and contrary and not even subject to the laws of God. Jesus cleared many of those things up. : :

That's why all flesh must perish before the New Heaven and Earth can be witnessed by the next generation.
be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 12:46:59 AM
At 1/26/2016 12:39:26 AM, Elderman wrote:

What does God do?

1) new, new thing, fresh

I believe that God has always required mercy, but the flesh is stubborn and contrary and not even subject to the laws of God. Jesus cleared many of those things up. : :

That's why all flesh must perish before the New Heaven and Earth can be witnessed by the next generation.

Yes, the natural man is not even subject to God, he can't be. That is why we have to tell the truth and point others to the truth, Jesus.

He is the only way, the only truth and the only life.

It's always points back to the cross.
Elderman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 12:49:53 AM
At 1/26/2016 12:46:59 AM, be_diligent wrote:

What does God do?

1) new, new thing, fresh

Yes, the natural man is not even subject to God, he can't be. That is why we have to tell the truth and point others to the truth, Jesus.

It's always points back to the cross. : :

What you just stated is one of the reasons all flesh must perish. The flesh believes in all the religious lies of this world.
be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 1:04:33 AM
At 1/26/2016 12:49:53 AM, Elderman wrote:
At 1/26/2016 12:46:59 AM, be_diligent wrote:

What does God do?

1) new, new thing, fresh

It's always points back to the cross. : :

What you just stated is one of the reasons all flesh must perish. The flesh believes in all the religious lies of this world.

There's nothing wrong with religion. The bible even sums up what true religion is.

James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Read Zechariah ch. 3. Amazing chapter on this subject.
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 1:14:42 AM
At 1/25/2016 9:04:34 PM, 12_13 wrote:

Or because it was like Black Tower of Mordor and God don"t like tyrannical governments. It would be good to notice that the one world government that many want, will is basically same as tower of Babylon, or Tower of Mordor, and the end will be the same.

Where in the scripture did it say that it was tyrannical? And what is Tower of Mordor? I don't watch Lord of the Rings. God made humanity worse by segregating us. Using a fictional tower from a movie with goblins and stuff isn't exactly a great argument (or a supported one).

I think you just proved that people are insane. They repeatedly chose evilness and perish. At this point reasonable person should notice that maybe being evil is not good idea.

It's a factory made problem. The bible says that through Adam, all man sin.

Not that we have a choice! Humanity never got the option Adam did! We just sin, and we need to be believers in this insane God or we perish.

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 1:20:33 AM

What does God do?

So parents should give up on their children?
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 1:30:00 AM
At 1/25/2016 11:25:22 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

What does God do?

Get over it, it's symbolic for the weakness in the flesh, none of us can escape that but through the Spirit. The snake, the temptation, the tree ect is all to understand a simple understanding, that we fall short in the flesh, big deal. This is something we should all be able to say amen to.

No sh*t, because we're ruled by a mentally ill God! We can't even mutany because we have a Caligular-like, who's insane wpyet still has power over all the earth.

Yeah, God forbid He destroy wickedness lol, maybe you would have never lived if God had not done it? ever thought about that?

Maybe I didn't want to! Maybe I didn't want to be born with the many deficiencies of humanity. Besides, you completely missed my next paragraph which said "fair enough".

No, go back and read why God destroyed it...

I did. I found no reason besides "Oh no, if they build the tower, nothing will be impossible for them!". This was an unwarranted concern anyway because humans eventually became mini-gods today, and so far we have had the most peaceful and enlightening time in the history of science, religion and the general people (though it's not THAT good, it's certainly better than what Israel ever had or what Adam and Eve ever had).

Yeah, because we all like our sons to be raped in the street by freaks lol. Let em all live Lord...

Your an idiot. I say just in the next part "fair enough". Can't you mentally comprehend more than one paragraph at a time?

Would you rather get torched by balls of fire or turn into a block of salt lol?

Neither, because looking back on a destroyed city is a completely harmless sin.

Welcome to humanity.

Yeah, created and designed by God.Inc!

You sound frustrated.

No! Really? You think I'm a little frustrated? I had no idea...

It worked to bring you about didn't it?

Is that what God was aiming for? To bring me into the world? Jesus Christ...

He doesn't expect a different result, read the scriptures son, we all fall short, always. It's the fellowship with the Spirit we are pursuing, not the flesh.

And why do we fall short? Because our lousy God is trying to settle a wager with one of his children (Devil, Satan) about whether he would worship him or not.

You are required to approach the light of God and walk therein, if you do not then that is your business.

No, it's not just "my business". I then have to die and/or go to hell for enternity!

AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 1:32:54 AM
At 1/25/2016 2:08:54 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

What does God do?

Me.

If it's doing what He expects it to do and yields the results He wants, it's working just fine. You would have to dfine what outcome He wants in the first place to define whether it's "working" or not.

So God is wanting to repeatedly "save" humanity and then release them to "save" them over and over again? Does God want to feel needed or something? Sounds like he has inferiority complex.

Besides, I thought that God actually wanted to HELP humans? Not this crap!

AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 1:35:16 AM
At 1/25/2016 11:52:09 PM, Elderman wrote:

What does God do?

God might appear insane to his people but I assure you, since you were created by him, then you must be insane also.

True, but Adam took tree of knowledge, so we are currently smart enough to call God out for what he is...i think...

AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 1:44:46 AM
At 1/26/2016 1:20:33 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:

What does God do?

What? No! I'll give you an analogy:

Father (God): Left. Sometime he sends you a note that says "Be good, love you". Besides that, you never see him.

Mother (Religion): Idiotic. Desperate. Hypocritical and worn out single mother who can't be bothered anymore.

Children (Humans): Desperate. Angry. Always questioning what our father wants. Wondering if our father left us because we are in the wrong.

As you can see, this analogy of a broken uncaring family pretty much some up our relations with God, religion and ourselves. Does this mean that the parents should give up? No! In fact, they should get their heads strait and parent their children properly.

dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 2:01:44 AM
At 1/26/2016 1:44:46 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:

What does God do?

Father (God): Left. Sometime he sends you a note that says "Be good, love you". Besides that, you never see him.

Mother (Religion): Idiotic. Desperate. Hypocritical and worn out single mother who can't be bothered anymore.

Children (Humans): Desperate. Angry. Always questioning what our father wants. Wondering if our father left us because we are in the wrong.

As you can see, this analogy of a broken uncaring family pretty much some up our relations with God, religion and ourselves. Does this mean that the parents should give up? No! In fact, they should get their heads strait and parent their children properly.

What God are you referring to? God of deism? Because your certainly aren't describing the Christian God. He's always around
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 2:12:52 AM
At 1/26/2016 2:01:44 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:

What does God do?

What God are you referring to? God of deism? Because your certainly aren't describing the Christian God. He's always around

Oh yeah, sure...

"Hey God!...GOD!...are you there?........" (jacksepticeye reference)

No reply...

dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 2:32:05 AM
At 1/26/2016 2:12:52 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:

What does God do?

Oh yeah, sure...

No reply...

That's weird. He responds to me
Elderman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 2:33:32 AM
At 1/26/2016 1:35:16 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:

What does God do?

True, but Adam took tree of knowledge, so we are currently smart enough to call God out for what he is...i think... : :

Whatever God makes your flesh speak, so be it.
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 7:06:52 AM
At 1/26/2016 2:32:05 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 1/26/2016 2:12:52 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:

What does God do?

Oh yeah, sure...

No reply...

That's weird. He responds to me

Really? How? Like, does he ACTUALLY respond? Or does he sort of just affect your life in ambiguous ways?

If it's the first one, ask him what colour my shirt is an respond back to me what he said (because God is the only one that should know that). I'm not even trolling, that's a legitimate test.

AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 7:07:52 AM
At 1/26/2016 2:33:32 AM, Elderman wrote:
At 1/26/2016 1:35:16 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:

What does God do?

True, but Adam took tree of knowledge, so we are currently smart enough to call God out for what he is...i think... : :

Whatever God makes your flesh speak, so be it.

What? I have a feeling there was supposed to be some punctuation there but anyhow.

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 8:53:43 AM
At 1/25/2016 2:03:50 PM, be_diligent wrote:

What does God do?

: Am I still required to worship such an incompetent God?

Do you think God wants a completely incompetent man worshiping Him?
He seems to have busloads already, does he have a quota?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 8:55:13 AM
At 1/25/2016 2:08:54 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

What does God do?

All the doomsday christians, they obviously think he sucks at what he does.