Total Posts:312|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Any intelligent atheists on this site?

ViceRegent
Posts: 604
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 1:46:59 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Are there any atheists on this site who have a college degree in something that requires critical thinking?
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 1:56:39 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 1:46:59 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Are there any atheists on this site who have a college degree in something that requires critical thinking?

Well you obviously don't, LOL!
missmedic
Posts: 387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:50:02 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 1:46:59 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Are there any atheists on this site who have a college degree in something that requires critical thinking?

yes
ViceRegent
Posts: 604
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 2:53:26 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 2:50:02 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 1/25/2016 1:46:59 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Are there any atheists on this site who have a college degree in something that requires critical thinking?

yes

Who?
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 3:55:31 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 1:46:59 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Are there any atheists on this site who have a college degree in something that requires critical thinking?

Several. Why do you ask?
ViceRegent
Posts: 604
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 4:29:45 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 3:55:31 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 1:46:59 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Are there any atheists on this site who have a college degree in something that requires critical thinking?

Several. Why do you ask?

In what?
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 4:43:36 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 4:29:45 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 1/25/2016 3:55:31 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 1:46:59 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Are there any atheists on this site who have a college degree in something that requires critical thinking?

Several. Why do you ask?

In what?

I've worked as an information scientist, academic and an engineering and management consultant across a range of sectors including science, education and vocational training, policing, foreign affairs, taxation, welfare and defense. I know other nontheistic members who have undergraduate science degrees or higher.

Again, why do you ask?
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 4:44:18 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 1:46:59 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Are there any atheists on this site who have a college degree in something that requires critical thinking?

Lack of a "degree requiring critical thinking" does not mean an inability to think critically. So, I'm wondering what purpose this question serves and why it is atheist specific. More ad hominem?
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
ViceRegent
Posts: 604
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 4:56:35 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 4:43:36 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:29:45 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 1/25/2016 3:55:31 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 1:46:59 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Are there any atheists on this site who have a college degree in something that requires critical thinking?

Several. Why do you ask?

In what?

I've worked as an information scientist, academic and an engineering and management consultant across a range of sectors including science, education and vocational training, policing, foreign affairs, taxation, welfare and defense. I know other nontheistic members who have undergraduate science degrees or higher.

Again, why do you ask?

Then you should know that atheism leads to solipsism, not intelligent thinking.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 5:15:39 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 4:56:35 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:43:36 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:29:45 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 1/25/2016 3:55:31 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 1:46:59 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Are there any atheists on this site who have a college degree in something that requires critical thinking?

Several. Why do you ask?

In what?

I've worked as an information scientist, academic and an engineering and management consultant across a range of sectors including science, education and vocational training, policing, foreign affairs, taxation, welfare and defense. I know other nontheistic members who have undergraduate science degrees or higher.

Again, why do you ask?

Then you should know that atheism leads to solipsism, not intelligent thinking.

You should know that baseless assertions like that one are the hallmark of theistic ignorance.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 5:30:49 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 4:56:35 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:43:36 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:29:45 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 1/25/2016 3:55:31 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 1:46:59 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Are there any atheists on this site who have a college degree in something that requires critical thinking?

Several. Why do you ask?

In what?

I've worked as an information scientist, academic and an engineering and management consultant across a range of sectors including science, education and vocational training, policing, foreign affairs, taxation, welfare and defense. I know other nontheistic members who have undergraduate science degrees or higher.

Again, why do you ask?

Then you should know that atheism leads to solipsism, not intelligent thinking.

Oh? Feel free to justify, VR, unless you're only trolling. I think you have three matters to defend:

1) Why atheism is incompatible with any epistemological position but solipsism;
2) What intelligent thinking is, and why either atheism, solipsism or both are incompatible with it; and
3) How you'd know if you were wrong.

Also, is there some reason you had to bait this contention so evasively?
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 5:54:50 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 5:30:49 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:56:35 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:43:36 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:29:45 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 1/25/2016 3:55:31 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 1:46:59 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Are there any atheists on this site who have a college degree in something that requires critical thinking?

Several. Why do you ask?

In what?

I've worked as an information scientist, academic and an engineering and management consultant across a range of sectors including science, education and vocational training, policing, foreign affairs, taxation, welfare and defense. I know other nontheistic members who have undergraduate science degrees or higher.

Again, why do you ask?

Then you should know that atheism leads to solipsism, not intelligent thinking.

Oh? Feel free to justify, VR, unless you're only trolling. I think you have three matters to defend:

1) Why atheism is incompatible with any epistemological position but solipsism;
2) What intelligent thinking is, and why either atheism, solipsism or both are incompatible with it; and
3) How you'd know if you were wrong.

Also, is there some reason you had to bait this contention so evasively?

Cowardice?
ViceRegent
Posts: 604
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 6:08:53 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 5:30:49 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:56:35 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:43:36 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:29:45 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 1/25/2016 3:55:31 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 1:46:59 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Are there any atheists on this site who have a college degree in something that requires critical thinking?

Several. Why do you ask?

In what?

I've worked as an information scientist, academic and an engineering and management consultant across a range of sectors including science, education and vocational training, policing, foreign affairs, taxation, welfare and defense. I know other nontheistic members who have undergraduate science degrees or higher.

Again, why do you ask?

Then you should know that atheism leads to solipsism, not intelligent thinking.

Oh? Feel free to justify, VR, unless you're only trolling. I think you have three matters to defend:

1) Why atheism is incompatible with any epistemological position but solipsism;
2) What intelligent thinking is, and why either atheism, solipsism or both are incompatible with it; and
3) How you'd know if you were wrong.

Also, is there some reason you had to bait this contention so evasively?

Assumption - the only valid epistemology is one that is rational and consistent with itself.

Atheism does not allow for supernatural revelation, leaving only that which is natural to know reality versus delusion. But this means that the atheist must use the natural to justify his understanding of the natural, which is viciously circular reasoning. Because the atheist cannot reason rationally, he is only able to reason irrationally and irrationality is not able to know reality from delusion. Therefore, the atheist is left with the inability to know anything. I hope this helps.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 6:11:43 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 6:08:53 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 1/25/2016 5:30:49 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:56:35 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:43:36 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:29:45 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 1/25/2016 3:55:31 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 1:46:59 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Are there any atheists on this site who have a college degree in something that requires critical thinking?

Several. Why do you ask?

In what?

I've worked as an information scientist, academic and an engineering and management consultant across a range of sectors including science, education and vocational training, policing, foreign affairs, taxation, welfare and defense. I know other nontheistic members who have undergraduate science degrees or higher.

Again, why do you ask?

Then you should know that atheism leads to solipsism, not intelligent thinking.

Oh? Feel free to justify, VR, unless you're only trolling. I think you have three matters to defend:

1) Why atheism is incompatible with any epistemological position but solipsism;
2) What intelligent thinking is, and why either atheism, solipsism or both are incompatible with it; and
3) How you'd know if you were wrong.

Also, is there some reason you had to bait this contention so evasively?

Assumption - the only valid epistemology is one that is rational and consistent with itself.

Atheism does not allow for supernatural revelation, leaving only that which is natural to know reality versus delusion. But this means that the atheist must use the natural to justify his understanding of the natural, which is viciously circular reasoning. Because the atheist cannot reason rationally, he is only able to reason irrationally and irrationality is not able to know reality from delusion. Therefore, the atheist is left with the inability to know anything. I hope this helps.

How do you validate your supernatural revelations? What is your methodology to differentiate your revelation from delusion?
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,582
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 6:16:58 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 6:08:53 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 1/25/2016 5:30:49 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:56:35 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:43:36 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:29:45 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 1/25/2016 3:55:31 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 1:46:59 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Are there any atheists on this site who have a college degree in something that requires critical thinking?

Several. Why do you ask?

In what?

I've worked as an information scientist, academic and an engineering and management consultant across a range of sectors including science, education and vocational training, policing, foreign affairs, taxation, welfare and defense. I know other nontheistic members who have undergraduate science degrees or higher.

Again, why do you ask?

Then you should know that atheism leads to solipsism, not intelligent thinking.

Oh? Feel free to justify, VR, unless you're only trolling. I think you have three matters to defend:

1) Why atheism is incompatible with any epistemological position but solipsism;
2) What intelligent thinking is, and why either atheism, solipsism or both are incompatible with it; and
3) How you'd know if you were wrong.

Also, is there some reason you had to bait this contention so evasively?

Assumption - the only valid epistemology is one that is rational and consistent with itself.

Atheism does not allow for supernatural revelation

Supernatural revelation has to be shown to exist, first, before it can be acknowledged. Atheism is merely a lack of belief in those particular things that have never been shown to exist.

leaving only that which is natural to know reality versus delusion. But this means that the atheist must use the natural to justify his understanding of the natural, which is viciously circular reasoning. Because the atheist cannot reason rationally, he is only able to reason irrationally and irrationality is not able to know reality from delusion. Therefore, the atheist is left with the inability to know anything. I hope this helps.

Yes, it is a wonderful example of a strawman fallacy, well done.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 8:02:36 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 6:08:53 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 1/25/2016 5:30:49 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:56:35 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:43:36 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:29:45 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 1/25/2016 3:55:31 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 1:46:59 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Are there any atheists on this site who have a college degree in something that requires critical thinking?

Several. Why do you ask?

In what?

I've worked as an information scientist, academic and an engineering and management consultant across a range of sectors including science, education and vocational training, policing, foreign affairs, taxation, welfare and defense. I know other nontheistic members who have undergraduate science degrees or higher.

Again, why do you ask?

Then you should know that atheism leads to solipsism, not intelligent thinking.

Oh? Feel free to justify, VR, unless you're only trolling. I think you have three matters to defend:

1) Why atheism is incompatible with any epistemological position but solipsism;
2) What intelligent thinking is, and why either atheism, solipsism or both are incompatible with it; and
3) How you'd know if you were wrong.

Also, is there some reason you had to bait this contention so evasively?

Assumption - the only valid epistemology is one that is rational and consistent with itself.

Atheism does not allow for supernatural revelation, leaving only that which is natural to know reality versus delusion.

Firstly, please define supernatural, VR, and please explain how a disbelief in gods entails a disbelief in the supernatural.

Secondly, please apply your definition in the following way: if you saw a wonder unexplained by current scientific knowledge, how could you know definitively if it was not supernatural?

Lastly, I asked you an important question, which you ignored: if atheism did not entail solipsistic epistemology, how would you recognise that?
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 8:10:56 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 1:46:59 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Are there any atheists on this site who have a college degree in something that requires critical thinking?

After all these posts, I'm still unsure what the point of the question is.

On average, non-believers have higher IQs than people of faith. The speculation as to why this is is that people with better critical thinking are less likely to believe in talking snakes, people living in fish, noahs ark, etc.

People with lower IQs and less education are most likely to be religious. https://en.wikipedia.org...

Typically, atheism is not a belief or faith in something - it is a lack of belief or faith in religions that have no evidence.
ViceRegent
Posts: 604
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 8:17:50 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 8:02:36 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 6:08:53 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 1/25/2016 5:30:49 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:56:35 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:43:36 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:29:45 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 1/25/2016 3:55:31 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 1:46:59 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Are there any atheists on this site who have a college degree in something that requires critical thinking?

Several. Why do you ask?

In what?

I've worked as an information scientist, academic and an engineering and management consultant across a range of sectors including science, education and vocational training, policing, foreign affairs, taxation, welfare and defense. I know other nontheistic members who have undergraduate science degrees or higher.

Again, why do you ask?

Then you should know that atheism leads to solipsism, not intelligent thinking.

Oh? Feel free to justify, VR, unless you're only trolling. I think you have three matters to defend:

1) Why atheism is incompatible with any epistemological position but solipsism;
2) What intelligent thinking is, and why either atheism, solipsism or both are incompatible with it; and
3) How you'd know if you were wrong.

Also, is there some reason you had to bait this contention so evasively?

Assumption - the only valid epistemology is one that is rational and consistent with itself.

Atheism does not allow for supernatural revelation, leaving only that which is natural to know reality versus delusion.

Firstly, please define supernatural, VR, and please explain how a disbelief in gods entails a disbelief in the supernatural.

Secondly, please apply your definition in the following way: if you saw a wonder unexplained by current scientific knowledge, how could you know definitively if it was not supernatural?

Lastly, I asked you an important question, which you ignored: if atheism did not entail solipsistic epistemology, how would you recognise that?

These are all red herrings. Deal with what I said. Thanks.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 8:38:42 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 8:17:50 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 1/25/2016 8:02:36 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 6:08:53 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 1/25/2016 5:30:49 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:56:35 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:43:36 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:29:45 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 1/25/2016 3:55:31 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 1:46:59 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Are there any atheists on this site who have a college degree in something that requires critical thinking?

Several. Why do you ask?

In what?

I've worked as an information scientist, academic and an engineering and management consultant across a range of sectors including science, education and vocational training, policing, foreign affairs, taxation, welfare and defense. I know other nontheistic members who have undergraduate science degrees or higher.

Again, why do you ask?

Then you should know that atheism leads to solipsism, not intelligent thinking.

Oh? Feel free to justify, VR, unless you're only trolling. I think you have three matters to defend:

1) Why atheism is incompatible with any epistemological position but solipsism;
2) What intelligent thinking is, and why either atheism, solipsism or both are incompatible with it; and
3) How you'd know if you were wrong.

Also, is there some reason you had to bait this contention so evasively?

Assumption - the only valid epistemology is one that is rational and consistent with itself.

Atheism does not allow for supernatural revelation, leaving only that which is natural to know reality versus delusion.

Firstly, please define supernatural, VR, and please explain how a disbelief in gods entails a disbelief in the supernatural.

Secondly, please apply your definition in the following way: if you saw a wonder unexplained by current scientific knowledge, how could you know definitively if it was not supernatural?

Lastly, I asked you an important question, which you ignored: if atheism did not entail solipsistic epistemology, how would you recognise that?

These are all red herrings. Deal with what I said. Thanks.

I was right. Cowardice. He makes a foolish and unsupportable assertion and then runs when he's challenged to support it. I'd say that's typical of theists who want to impugn the intelligence of atheists with some rehearsed line but have no idea if it's valid or not. Well done, oh Second in Command for some King.
Elderman
Posts: 65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 8:43:10 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 6:08:53 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 1/25/2016 5:30:49 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:56:35 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:43:36 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 4:29:45 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 1/25/2016 3:55:31 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/25/2016 1:46:59 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Are there any atheists on this site who have a college degree in something that requires critical thinking?

Several. Why do you ask?

In what?

I've worked as an information scientist, academic and an engineering and management consultant across a range of sectors including science, education and vocational training, policing, foreign affairs, taxation, welfare and defense. I know other nontheistic members who have undergraduate science degrees or higher.

Again, why do you ask?

Then you should know that atheism leads to solipsism, not intelligent thinking.

Oh? Feel free to justify, VR, unless you're only trolling. I think you have three matters to defend:

1) Why atheism is incompatible with any epistemological position but solipsism;
2) What intelligent thinking is, and why either atheism, solipsism or both are incompatible with it; and
3) How you'd know if you were wrong.

Also, is there some reason you had to bait this contention so evasively?

Assumption - the only valid epistemology is one that is rational and consistent with itself.

Atheism does not allow for supernatural revelation, leaving only that which is natural to know reality versus delusion. But this means that the atheist must use the natural to justify his understanding of the natural, which is viciously circular reasoning. Because the atheist cannot reason rationally, he is only able to reason irrationally and irrationality is not able to know reality from delusion. Therefore, the atheist is left with the inability to know anything. I hope this helps. : :

Do you have any idea what the difference is between reality and a delusion?

What's reality to you?

What's a delusion to you?
ViceRegent
Posts: 604
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 8:51:25 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
I love watching all of these atheists desperately try to change the subject, despite it being the sign of an irrational mind, which is my nearly universal experience with them when you expose the futility of their thinking.
Elderman
Posts: 65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 8:54:10 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 8:51:25 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
I love watching all of these atheists desperately try to change the subject, despite it being the sign of an irrational mind, which is my nearly universal experience with them when you expose the futility of their thinking. : :

You didn't answer my questions:

Do you have any idea what the difference is between reality and a delusion?

What's reality to you?

What's a delusion to you?
missmedic
Posts: 387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 8:54:17 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 8:51:25 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
I love watching all of these atheists desperately try to change the subject, despite it being the sign of an irrational mind, which is my nearly universal experience with them when you expose the futility of their thinking.

WTF?
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 9:32:30 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 8:51:25 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
I love watching all of these atheists desperately try to change the subject, despite it being the sign of an irrational mind, which is my nearly universal experience with them when you expose the futility of their thinking.

You can't even begin to explain how your reasoning is any better or valid than anyone else's so why would anyone, theist or atheist, have any respect for what you have to say? Run, coward, or dance around like the Emperor with no clothes and claim victory when you have been shown to be the all-time loser in this particular discussion.
ViceRegent
Posts: 604
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 9:35:55 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
God calls atheists unreasoning animals, fools.

Does this explain why they keep making truth claims when they have yet to establish that their reasoning is valid, that they know how to tell reality from delusion?

No one listens to atheists in psych-wards when their chart says "delusional".
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 10:25:32 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 1:46:59 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Are there any atheists on this site who have a college degree in something that requires critical thinking?

Oh this guy. Recall what I said to you before Vice....

"I'd like to share with you some other things I have not personally observed...........

An invisible immaterial creator God creating a material life form on this planet.

Got something to say about that ?

In other words, would it be irrational to believe in such a thing cause I have not personally observed it ?"

This comes within the context of you implying that one is not justified in belief in macro evolution because one has not personally observed it.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
MaxSterling
Posts: 62
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 10:34:07 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
How come people never post anything interesting on this forum anymore?
"But why do you want REVENGE?!"

"I HAVE REASONS!!!!!"
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 10:38:13 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 9:35:55 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Men wrote that God calls atheists unreasoning animals, fools.

This explains why theists keep making truth claims when they have yet to establish that their reasoning is valid, that they know how to tell reality from delusion?

No one listens to theists in psych-wards when their chart says "delusional".

There, fixed it for you.