Jump to topic:

Christians who don't judge homosexuals

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 8:19:19 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
I'm a Moderate Christian. If someone is homosexual, I consider that their business.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 8:26:23 PM
At 1/25/2016 8:19:19 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
I'm a Moderate Christian. If someone is homosexual, I consider that their business.

BULLY FOR YOU, GRITTY, BULLY.
Elderman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 8:53:04 PM
I'm a Moderate Christian. If someone is homosexual, I consider that their business. : :

It's actually God's business. Remember what God had his prophet write?

"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor".

Do you know why God would have his prophet write this?
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 10:09:27 PM

But what if you have to participate in homosexual activity to hang out with them? Homosexuals are not required to receive a fundamentalist into their folds are they?

Christians may not understand that the world isn"t bound to their view or agreed set of morals but on the other hand non-christians don"t understand that christians don"t have to receive homosexual into their folds.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 10:16:23 PM

Jesus will judge them not Christians....
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 10:47:46 PM
I don't know what a "moderate" Christian means but homosexuals are just as interested in spiritual things as the next person, I know this because I talk to them. You see it doesn't matter what a persons physical make-up is, what matters is that there is hope and a future, our job is not to condemn but to show love, because love is the game changer. When a person sees/senses love they may be more open to something new and something different.

I know that when I made/make steps towards the Lord it matters not what position I'm in as long as I am willing to move it, to be willing to put something down to gain something better.
This is the life and purpose of our spiritual walk, that we may grow into the light of the Father for it is a cultivation. We always begin in the wrong positions, then we move to the correct ones.
Homosexuality is greater than no other sin (if you wish to label it that) in and of itself, having sex outside marriage for anyone whether heterosexual or gay, it matters not it's the same actions and is out of the context of what it was meant for.

As pretty straight forward, spiritual Christians my wife and I are, we have friends and relatives that are homosexual and it is natural for us to love them and have them over even discuss with them God and spirituality and what that entails, they (in my experience) seem very open and curious about it all, even humble.

My point being that we need to stop all this pointing fingers, labeling and hating, it's not the unity of spirit we strive for. We strive for what the Spirit wants because it is far more sensitive and discerning than we are, it knows the hearts and desires of a person despite the flaws. It's desire is to love OVER all of that, because love is a game-changer.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 11:04:08 PM
You either stand for the word of God or you don't compromise is what has caused all the problems with believers...
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 11:06:14 PM
At 1/25/2016 11:04:08 PM, graceofgod wrote:
You either stand for the word of God or you don't compromise is what has caused all the problems with believers...

Who are you talking to? because I do not compromise, I do what I'm instructed. There is no problem in what I said...
be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 11:44:26 PM

You are correct Grace. The person mentioned the unity of the spirit with non-believers? How can there be unity when Christ is not the head over one?

That makes no sense at all.

You can love others, and really loving others is to tell them the truth, not to condone or compromise.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1 Corinthians 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 12:10:11 AM
At 1/25/2016 8:53:04 PM, Elderman wrote:
I'm a Moderate Christian. If someone is homosexual, I consider that their business. : :

I'm not God. I'm not omniscient. I cannot judge the heart or sins of another any more than someone can judge mine.

"He who is without sin cast the first stone."
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 12:18:30 AM

No Christian can judge another human being, they can only judge what such ones do.

It is very true that whether one chooses to practice homosexuality is their choice, and their right to make it.

However, with that right comes the necessity of accepting Jehovah's judgement on them for their decision.

In precisely the same way, free will brings with it the responsibility to use that free will wisely, and in accord with Jehovah's will and purpose.

Freedom without limits is no true freedom at all.
Elderman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 12:27:33 AM
You either stand for the word of God or you don't compromise is what has caused all the problems with believers... : :

The problem you face is that there are two different kinds of believers. The believers you're referring to is not the believers Jesus, Peter, Timothy, John, and Paul were referring to.
Elderman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 12:30:34 AM
At 1/26/2016 12:10:11 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 1/25/2016 8:53:04 PM, Elderman wrote:

I'm not God. I'm not omniscient. I cannot judge the heart or sins of another any more than someone can judge mine.

"He who is without sin cast the first stone." : :

The wisdom you share does not come from the inhabitants of earth. I respect that kind of wisdom.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 2:12:15 AM
At 1/25/2016 10:09:27 PM, DPMartin wrote:

But what if you have to participate in homosexual activity to hang out with them?

Then, don't hang out with them. Find other homosexual friends.

Homosexuals are not required to receive a fundamentalist into their folds are they?

Why would anyone be required to do that?

Christians may not understand that the world isn"t bound to their view or agreed set of morals but on the other hand non-christians don"t understand that christians don"t have to receive homosexual into their folds.

Then, don't receive them, be homophobic, instead. That'll show em.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 2:14:03 AM
At 1/26/2016 12:18:30 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

No Christian can judge another human being, they can only judge what such ones do.

It is very true that whether one chooses to practice homosexuality is their choice, and their right to make it.

However, with that right comes the necessity of accepting Jehovah's judgement on them for their decision.

In precisely the same way, free will brings with it the responsibility to use that free will wisely, and in accord with Jehovah's will and purpose.

If free will = Jehovah's will, then just call it Jehovah's will, cause that ain't free.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 7:40:04 AM
At 1/26/2016 12:18:30 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

How often do you need to be told that it's not a choice?
Sheesh the stupid strong in this one is.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
ViceRegent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 1:41:33 PM

Then you deny Christ, for Christ said man is to execute sodomites.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 1:46:24 PM

Only SICK bigots can object to homosexuality which is totally normal!
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 2:04:20 PM
At 1/26/2016 1:41:33 PM, ViceRegent wrote:

Then you deny Christ, for Christ said man is to execute sodomites.
I think the subject is homosexuals, do try to keep up.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 3:02:26 PM
At 1/25/2016 11:44:26 PM, be_diligent wrote:

You are correct Grace. The person mentioned the unity of the spirit with non-believers? How can there be unity when Christ is not the head over one?

I said "strive" for, and yes even with non believers, that is the whole point of sharing the Gospels, that the person will come into unity with the Spirit. That we may conform to the light of God, we all start from the wrong position that is irrelevant which was my point.

That's because you are not understanding.

You can love others, and really loving others is to tell them the truth, not to condone or compromise.

To compromise would be to engage in homosexual activities, and obviously I said no such things, get a grip. As far as loving them and not condoning them I already said that but you seem to want to attach what I said to something evil or wrong, but there is no evil or wrong in love.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1 Corinthians 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

I know these passages and I'm not saying to do these things am I? No, I did not. I'm talking about extending grace because God had mercy on me in my incorrect positions so I will have mercy on everyone, including gays, for they need the Lord as well.
However, if I see that a homosexual (or anyone) is blatantly against God and hates what I have to say then I will not engage any further, but as long as they are open and respectful and curious I will not discriminate.
Again... to compromise would be to engage in sinful activity, that is far from what I have said. WE are the light bearers and I will not turn my back on anyone who is willing and able. But then again I've always been that way, I love to reach the ones that nobody wants.
Jesus gave us a new command, and He didn't say "except" for gays...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 3:13:22 PM
At 1/26/2016 3:02:26 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
To compromise would be to engage in homosexual activities,
Hmmm care to enlighten us as to what YOU conceive those activities to be? Or don't you know? I'm betting on answer #2.
Ooh I can't wait.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 3:22:37 PM
At 1/26/2016 3:13:22 PM, bulproof wrote:
Hmmm care to enlighten us as to what YOU conceive those activities to be? Or don't you know? I'm betting on answer #2.
Ooh I can't wait.

If you don't know what homosexual activity means, then oooooh I can't wait for you to purchase a brain lol.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 3:24:50 PM
At 1/26/2016 3:22:37 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Ooh I can't wait.

If you don't know what homosexual activity means, then oooooh I can't wait for you to purchase a brain lol.

In other words, you don't know what those activities are. Just say so.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 3:25:03 PM
Ooh I can't wait.

Thank you for proving your ignorance, don't feel bad most fundies are the same ie no knowledge of the things they hate.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 3:30:44 PM

I said "strive" for, and yes even with non believers, that is the whole point of sharing the Gospels, that the person will come into unity with the Spirit. That we may conform to the light of God, we all start from the wrong position that is irrelevant which was my point.

Since you nor anyone else has ever defined and explained "Spirit", then your sharing of the Gospels is entirely irrelevant and without purpose.

Understanding what, you haven't explained anything.

To compromise would be to engage in homosexual activities, and obviously I said no such things, get a grip. As far as loving them and not condoning them I already said that but you seem to want to attach what I said to something evil or wrong, but there is no evil or wrong in love.

Please explain those "homosexual activities" and then explain that the love shared by homosexuals is evil or wrong?

I know these passages and I'm not saying to do these things am I? No, I did not. I'm talking about extending grace because God had mercy on me in my incorrect positions so I will have mercy on everyone, including gays, for they need the Lord as well.

Your mercy of homosexuals has not been asked for by anyone, hence your offering of it is your own affair, which is not necessarily welcome by anyone.

However, if I see that a homosexual (or anyone) is blatantly against God and hates what I have to say then I will not engage any further, but as long as they are open and respectful and curious I will not discriminate.

But, you are discriminating and being disrespectful.

Again... to compromise would be to engage in sinful activity, that is far from what I have said. WE are the light bearers and I will not turn my back on anyone who is willing and able. But then again I've always been that way, I love to reach the ones that nobody wants.

But, YOU are saying that.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 3:33:54 PM
At 1/26/2016 3:25:03 PM, bulproof wrote:
Ooh I can't wait.

Thank you for proving your ignorance, don't feel bad most fundies are the same ie no knowledge of the things they hate.

Wrong, there is no hate old man, grow up. If you don't know what people of the same sex do, that is not my problem. If you want to distinguish between sex and attraction then that is fine, either way I have no hate or animosity, sorry to disappoint ya.
be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 3:36:03 PM

That's interesting EtrnlVw , especially considering that "gays," are so widely accepted today, infact, they are pretty much upheld in society as being special, so I'd hardly say that they are the ones that nobody wants.

Let's get something straight....lol

It's not just about a person being gay, it applies to all sin. This thread is address homosexuality, but all sin is unacceptable. Some people would rather see themselves as martyrs as lift up their own "goodness," as being righteous. Go and read how many God sent to the people of a nation to tell them their error, and how many listened.

Nobody said to be unkind or unloving. But being honest is a paramount

Now go and read about 'mercy," and when it was extended. Find an example where mercy was extended to those who chose to live in corruption without regard to God's instruction. I think that people decide what "goodness," is based on their own understanding and in that, they point to themselves and proclaim how "good," they are because they do "good," things that others will say, "wow, that's good." They have their reward right?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 3:37:56 PM
At 1/26/2016 3:33:54 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
Ooh I can't wait.

Wrong, there is no hate old man, grow up. If you don't know what people of the same sex do, that is not my problem. If you want to distinguish between sex and attraction then that is fine, either way I have no hate or animosity, sorry to disappoint ya.
How about I give you a major activity practiced by homosexuals and you tell me why your god considers such behaviour an abomination?
Is that fair?
be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 3:39:40 PM
At 1/26/2016 3:37:56 PM, bulproof wrote:
Ooh I can't wait.

How about I give you a major activity practiced by homosexuals and you tell me why your god considers such behaviour an abomination?
Is that fair?

Naw, you only hate what God says is decent and good and right.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 3:45:32 PM
At 1/26/2016 3:39:40 PM, be_diligent wrote:
At 1/26/2016 3:37:56 PM, bulproof wrote:
Ooh I can't wait.

Is that fair?

Naw, you only hate what God says is decent and good and right.
Are you OK there? Do we need to call an ambulance? What's your address I'll send them around, they'll have a lovely jacket for you I'm sure.