Jump to topic:

Are there any theists ?

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 11:42:41 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Who are not so blinded by religious zealotry they think that their God belief is justified because X lacks an explanation ? and thus since an explanation is not forth coming this justifies that "God" is the necessary precondition for X ?

Also all the rhetoric and slurs against atheists doesn't add one iota of justification.

With that said, atheists are so evil if time travel is ever possible they will go back in time and rape baby Jesus. That's how much they HATE GOD !!!

This message has being bought to you by presuppositional apologetics..........because without God how do you explain it ? huh atheists ? well I'm waiting ? you can't, can you ?, well ? I am still waiting ? well you can't can you ? admit it, you can't explain it !!! stupid, evil, Jesus baby raping atheists.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
MaxSterling
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 11:47:26 PM
At 1/25/2016 11:42:41 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Who are not so blinded by religious zealotry they think that their God belief is justified because X lacks an explanation ? and thus since an explanation is not forth coming this justifies that "God" is the necessary precondition for X ?

Also all the rhetoric and slurs against atheists doesn't add one iota of justification.

With that said, atheists are so evil if time travel is ever possible they will go back in time and rape baby Jesus. That's how much they HATE GOD !!!

This message has being bought to you by presuppositional apologetics..........because without God how do you explain it ? huh atheists ? well I'm waiting ? you can't, can you ?, well ? I am still waiting ? well you can't can you ? admit it, you can't explain it !!! stupid, evil, Jesus baby raping atheists.

Cluttering up the forum bro
"But why do you want REVENGE?!"

"I HAVE REASONS!!!!!"
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 11:49:19 PM
At 1/25/2016 11:47:26 PM, MaxSterling wrote:

Cluttering up the forum bro

Making a point..........BRO.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 11:50:41 PM

It's not because "x lacks explanation", what lacks is common sense and logic in atheism. God belief doesn't "lack" anything sir, sorry to break it to ya.

Yes it does, because it is persuasive to say the least. Meaning it's justified.

That was weird.

Sounds like you are having a problem with explanations but I would to if I was an atheist lol.
Elderman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 11:55:46 PM

This message has being bought to you by presuppositional apologetics..........because without God how do you explain it ? huh atheists ? well I'm waiting ? you can't, can you ?, well ? I am still waiting ? well you can't can you ? admit it, you can't explain it !!! stupid, evil, Jesus baby raping atheists. : :

Can you clarify this post a little better? Do you actually hate atheists or just their beliefs that God doesn't exist?
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 11:57:33 PM
At 1/25/2016 11:50:41 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

It's not because "x lacks explanation", what lacks is common sense and logic in atheism. God belief doesn't "lack" anything sir, sorry to break it to ya.

Yeah well you see we just don't take your word for it, we have a look at this "logic" and time and time again we get made up assertions combined with appeals to ignorance to justify God as the necessary pre-condition for something.

Not you of course, I am sure your different, but those other guys, ya know.........telling themselves how rational they are while they pull that kind of crap.

That was weird.

Sounds like you are having a problem with explanations but I would to if I was an atheist lol.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 12:00:52 AM

The lack of an alternative explanation is no reason for belief in anything let alone God.

True faith in God, using the word faith in the Biblical sense, has to be based on firm evidence. Some extrapolation may be involved also it is true, but there must be at least enough evidence for the faith to be built on a solid base.

Absolutely true.

I doubt that. Jehovah prevented the Baby Jesus from being killed by Herod. There is no way anyone from the future or not, would be allowed to foil his plan to return humanity to the holy state which was enjoyed by Adam and Eve before the fall.

Hatred of God, or his people, is absolutely futile and will only harm the hater.

It is a bit like those foolish ones who deny that Jehovah gave us free will, whilst exercising their free will to criticise him. The fact that they can criticise at all is absolute proof of free will.

It is impossible to prove the non-existence of god because there is far too much evidence for his existence, deny it as Atheists might. All they are proving is that like the Jews in Jesus day, what they don't want to see, they don't see.

Proof of the existence of God is very easy to demonstrate but impossible to convince anyone of if they don't wish to believe it.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 12:01:08 AM
At 1/25/2016 11:55:46 PM, Elderman wrote:

This message has being bought to you by presuppositional apologetics..........because without God how do you explain it ? huh atheists ? well I'm waiting ? you can't, can you ?, well ? I am still waiting ? well you can't can you ? admit it, you can't explain it !!! stupid, evil, Jesus baby raping atheists. : :

Can you clarify this post a little better? Do you actually hate atheists or just their beliefs that God doesn't exist?

Oh o, think I may of crossed over into Poe's law.........

https://en.wikipedia.org...
Elderman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 12:03:40 AM
At 1/26/2016 12:01:08 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 1/25/2016 11:55:46 PM, Elderman wrote:

Oh o, think I may of crossed over into Poe's law.........

https://en.wikipedia.org... : :

Nathan Poe didn't know our Creator, either.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 12:46:23 AM

What I got from that was it's not so much that you don't believe. You just don't want to because you hate him. A lot of Atheist become Atheists because they lose someone close to them. Is this you?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 1:46:38 AM
At 1/26/2016 12:46:23 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

What I got from that was it's not so much that you don't believe. You just don't want to because you hate him. A lot of Atheist become Atheists because they lose someone close to them. Is this you?

If that is what you "got" from that, do me a favor, read it again.......SLOWLY, then ask yourself what is the point that is trying to be made here.

I think you will find it informative.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 7:33:04 AM

How many is "a lot" and supply the peer reviewed evidence that supports your ignorant claim.
Listen to the preacher hali u yah.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 4:12:16 PM

IC is one of those unique American youngsters who thinks all life is dark and full of suffering. He thinks everything is bleak and unfair and purposeless. Over and over he will make posts telling us how bad the world is and how God is so evil for making everything so joyless and dead.

Nevermind that he lives in what is arguably the richest country on Earth, and has a life millions of people around the world can only dream of. Can you imagine how perplexing it is to a poor African living in dust and poverty listening to some Eloi telling him how "miserable" life is?

But this is IC's "thing". What does he have to be so sad about? Who knows? What is it making him so angry and unhappy? Beats me. I doubt if even he knows. But in the midst of plenty, technological comfort, and abundance of every material human need, he is desperately unhappy.

I know a family living under a tree. They are happy. Always laughing, hardly ever complaining.

That's about the size, where you put your eyes, that's about the size of it!
- Sesame Street song
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 4:44:07 PM

Yes, God belief lacks common sense, logic, rationale, honesty, integrity, respect, accountability, understanding, credibility, sanity, compassion, altruism, and a host of other characteristics and traits.

That was weird.

Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 7:50:24 PM
At 1/26/2016 4:44:07 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Yes, God belief lacks common sense, logic, rationale, honesty, integrity, respect, accountability, understanding, credibility, sanity, compassion, altruism, and a host of other characteristics and traits.

So says the materialist atheist lol but thanks for your opinion, it meant a lot, really...
But funny you should bring up " honesty, integrity, respect, accountability, understanding, credibility, sanity, compassion, altruism", these are all aspects of Christian teachings, let me know if you would like a directory or a tour of the facilities.

That was weird.

ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 1:10:55 PM
At 1/26/2016 7:50:24 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

So says the materialist atheist lol but thanks for your opinion, it meant a lot, really...
But funny you should bring up " honesty, integrity, respect, accountability, understanding, credibility, sanity, compassion, altruism", these are all aspects of Christian teachings, let me know if you would like a directory or a tour of the facilities.

Good response. +1
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 1:24:01 PM
At 2/2/2016 1:10:55 PM, ethang5 wrote:

Good response. +1

Ethang! gotta love my personal stalker DJR, I only wish he'd utilize just one of the above attributes LOL.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 1:24:39 PM

Those are all aspects you needed to be taught... and seemingly the only reason you might be interested in them is for eternal reward.

Think about that for a second.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 1:29:46 PM
At 2/2/2016 1:24:39 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Those are all aspects you needed to be taught... and seemingly the only reason you might be interested in them is for eternal reward.

Wrong, they are all attributes that we stretch, not needed to be taught lol, think about that for a sec....Everything and anything can be approved upon.

Your last assertion was pathetic, you misjudge my person, what a shame indeed...
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 1:36:31 PM
At 2/2/2016 1:29:46 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Wrong, they are all attributes that we stretch, not needed to be taught lol, think about that for a sec....Everything and anything can be approved upon.

So they are teachings you don't need to be taught. But are still teachings. Because you don't need to be taught. Hand got caught in the cookie jar, my man. No sense in trying to say you were just counting the cookies for the poor kids.

Your last assertion was pathetic, you misjudge my person, what a shame indeed...

What about it was misjudged, exactly? If its not an afterlife, I am surprised you aren't Buddhist, or Jewish.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 1:58:21 PM
At 2/2/2016 1:36:31 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 2/2/2016 1:29:46 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

So they are teachings you don't need to be taught. But are still teachings. Because you don't need to be taught. Hand got caught in the cookie jar, my man. No sense in trying to say you were just counting the cookies for the poor kids.

That was dumb. The "teachings" (even though we were discussing attributes) are there as a foundation, those are not qualities everyone needs to be taught. If you're like me, a good kid with a big heart and overly generous what happens is those qualities get expanded, by stretching them further than what they were previously capable of.
You can look at those attributes like you would on an equalizer, with levels going up and down with the minimum, and the maximum. The goal is to have all of those puppies on full blast, is that something you can wrap you head around?

What about it was misjudged, exactly? If its not an afterlife, I am surprised you aren't Buddhist, or Jewish.

That my motivation is for some "eternal reward". That is BS! I have always loved God and His people and creation, that is not something I developed out of selfishness but through gratefulness, sorry to disappoint you.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 2:15:20 PM

That was dumb. The "teachings" (even though we were discussing attributes) are there as a foundation, those are not qualities everyone needs to be taught.

So then espousing them as part of your sponsored pantheon is cheerleading, not a novel concept to your religion.

You can look at those attributes like you would on an equalizer, with levels going up and down with the minimum, and the maximum. The goal is to have all of those puppies on full blast, is that something you can wrap you head around?

You do understand the definition of "altruism", right? The question is how you hold something as a trait to "get better at", when inherently the definition means that quality is already present to something in question.

That my motivation is for some "eternal reward". That is BS! I have always loved God and His people and creation, that is not something I developed out of selfishness but through gratefulness, sorry to disappoint you.

So why not Buddhism or converting to being Jewish?

No heaven. Same qualities. No silly atheists impugning your altruism, and presumably the same results.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 2:18:05 PM

justified because X lacks an explanation ? and thus since an explanation is not forth coming this justifies that "God" is the necessary precondition for X ?

It's a philosophical issue for the avid Atheist. If an Atheist is asked the broad question on the reality of the universe and time, you get 2 basic responses.

1)There was never anything or time. The big bang or something like it started time. It came from "potential".

2)Reality goes on forever and time goes on forever, infinitely. This leads us to the paradoxial "Theory of Everything", which includes, well...everything. it gets into infinite begats. This begat this, which begat this, begat this...
The reason for the reason for the reason for the reason for the reason for the reasonfor...

On this model we are forced to believe there was never anything including time, then one day ta da! OR it is all infinite and never had a beginning. Either way you have a paradoxial answer for reality that is intellectually problematic. The nonproblematic answer in its vague form is,"Something from beyond our reality and time is the 'missing link'". Everyone is a "religious zealot". Everyone has beliefs that they cannot fully support, prove, or answer in nonparadoxial form. All possible answers are sureal, impossible to wrap your mind around, and founded on non-proofs. You must have faith no matter who you are. The question is,"In what?"
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 2:21:23 PM
At 2/2/2016 2:18:05 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

justified because X lacks an explanation ? and thus since an explanation is not forth coming this justifies that "God" is the necessary precondition for X ?

It's a philosophical issue for the avid Atheist. If an Atheist is asked the broad question on the reality of the universe and time, you get 2 basic responses.

1)There was never anything or time. The big bang or something like it started time. It came from "potential".

2)Reality goes on forever and time goes on forever, infinitely. This leads us to the paradoxial "Theory of Everything", which includes, well...everything. it gets into infinite begats. This begat this, which begat this, begat this...
The reason for the reason for the reason for the reason for the reason for the reasonfor...

On this model we are forced to believe there was never anything including time, then one day ta da! OR it is all infinite and never had a beginning. Either way you have a paradoxial answer for reality that is intellectually problematic. The nonproblematic answer in its vague form is,"Something from beyond our reality and time is the 'missing link'". Everyone is a "religious zealot". Everyone has beliefs that they cannot fully support, prove, or answer in nonparadoxial form. All possible answers are sureal, impossible to wrap your mind around, and founded on non-proofs. You must have faith no matter who you are. The question is,"In what?"

The question then is which is the more reasonable prospect. That an incomprehensible eternal agency did it all and left no evidence to its existence, or that the same "eternal" quality can just be described to the universe on the whole, and be done with it.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 2:41:23 PM
At 2/2/2016 2:21:23 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 2/2/2016 2:18:05 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

The question then is which is the more reasonable prospect. That an incomprehensible eternal agency did it all and left no evidence to its existence, or that the same "eternal" quality can just be described to the universe on the whole, and be done with it.

We can say the universe is eternal, which is just as fine as the opposite answer. But then in turn we must also say the eternal universe has been mobilizing life forms eternally through something similar to Darwinian means. This brings us to multiple paradoxial conclusions:

1)The "first thing" could not have jumped into existance in our reality. Infinite higher intelligences becomes a paradoxial conundrum. In infinite space and time we would have greater and greater beings "evolved" until we got into humanoids/post humanoids that are so mind blowingly beyond our comprehension that we cannot even imagine them. And then greater than that, greater than that, and greater than, and greater than that infinitely without end. We also then must subscribe to the notion that there was no first being. There have infinitely been conscious beings and there is no first being. History never has a first event. It has no final event. No computer or amount of software could contain the stories within our reality because they never end. They are infinite. You could within the idea of "greater upon greater beings" conclude that every story you have ever read has happened somewhere in infinity through eternal time and eternal Darwinian means.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 2:47:41 PM
No matter how you look at it you will have to accept a paradoxial answer, something seemingly mythological or fundamentalist philosophical dogma beyond comprehension.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 2:54:27 PM
If we stay in this thinking it is fair to say someone in infinity has already mastered our reality. They are immortal, beyond time, metaphysical or "other", and omniscient and noneffected in the ways we are. We place ourselves in a reality of "higher beings" no matter where we try to run and hide.

ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 3:33:31 PM
At 2/2/2016 2:54:27 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
If we stay in this thinking it is fair to say someone in infinity has already mastered our reality. They are immortal, beyond time, metaphysical or "other", and omniscient and noneffected in the ways we are. We place ourselves in a reality of "higher beings" no matter where we try to run and hide.

And one day, literally.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 3:39:48 PM
At 2/2/2016 2:47:41 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
No matter how you look at it you will have to accept a paradoxial answer, something seemingly mythological or fundamentalist philosophical dogma beyond comprehension.
No. You just have to accept that you will die and be no more. It's really quite simple.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 3:49:34 PM
At 2/2/2016 2:15:20 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

That was dumb. The "teachings" (even though we were discussing attributes) are there as a foundation, those are not qualities everyone needs to be taught.

So then espousing them as part of your sponsored pantheon is cheerleading, not a novel concept to your religion.

They are a part of my religion, so I espouse them, not invent them.

You do understand the definition of "altruism", right? The question is how you hold something as a trait to "get better at", when inherently the definition means that quality is already present to something in question.

Altruism- the belief in or practice of disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others.

Yes, this is something that can be expanded without a doubt, one can improve on that, and why not? are you perfect in altruism?

So why not Buddhism or converting to being Jewish?

I like Christianity, I find it unique and I follow the teachings of Jesus for a reason sir.

No heaven. Same qualities. No silly atheists impugning your altruism, and presumably the same results.

Irrelevant. My beliefs are based on what I observe in reality, that is not your concern.